• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah same here the only thing im thinking is will the 2d pitch look a bit cramp with all the players on it.

Well there's the zoomed in mode to choose from too so that should fix that problem.

Also, I notice that there is an option for different Match Speed AND an option for different amounts of Highlights - I'm taking credit for that idea :p Hopefully that will give us much more control over how long a match takes to play out.

What do you feel the specific problems with the transfers are?
The fact that you always have to pay double or more for a player then what it say's there worth. Alright there not listed but still even some players that are transfer listed you can't buy for the asking price,

Also, when you bid for transfer listed players, the club replies with something like "This player is not available for sale" even when you match the value and even offer more.

When a player has handed in a transfer request and the clubs allowed it, but they don't want to sell them so you still pay over the odds.

Mostly though it's the transfer offers that you get, which are rare. When one of your players is listed you have to offer them to clubs at a significant loss sometimes.

I got an offer for Owen Hargreaves, worth £12 Million for only £4.5 Million + 10% sell on. Even if they sold him for £30 Million, it's only £7.5 Million.

Also the AI controlled teams don't really do many transfers, apart from major ones. IRL there's loads of tranfers during the window not just a handful.

I also noticed this. It's mainly a single target, and an overpaid one for that. Liverpool and Chelsea are the worst, spending upwards of £15 Million on an unknown player with stats that even Luke Chadwick could rival.

These are the main points I would say.

I would also say that clubs are not open to negotiations. Newcastle offered £3.2 Million + 10% for John O'Shea worth £6 Million. I negotiate to £4 Million + 10% and they don't follow up interest. Surely for an extra few hundred thousand you would persue your target. And, even in the cases of better players, i tried to negotiate a deal of £16 Million for Rooney but West Ham wouldn't budge from £11 Million for a £22 Million pounds man. But, when they then start buying other players at over that cost, you know they do in fact have the funds, just are unwilling to spend.

What does everyone else think?

My opinions in red.

Good points MJGB. The transfer system is by far the weakest part of the game and yet it's probably the most important, as it's the effort to improve your squad that keeps you coming back. I hope improvements to this have not been held back at the expense of the 2D match engine and switchable leagues.

• SI Staff
Good points MJGB. The transfer system is by far the weakest part of the game and yet it's probably the most important, as it's the effort to improve your squad that keeps you coming back. I hope improvements to this have not been held back at the expense of the 2D match engine and switchable leagues.

Just to reassure people some work has already been done on the transfer (and contract) system and once I've tested some graphics layer retooling I've just done I'll be looking at further testing and tweaking in that area ...

Marc and others that are involved in the programming/progression of this game - can you make sure the game is tested fully please. I'm not moaning or anything but last year there were a few bugs - e.g. Not being able to hold down X to increase a transfer bid or wage offer. This would have been noticed easily if the game was tested extensively but it was only a slight let down to the overall game. :thup:

Marc and others that are involved in the programming/progression of this game - can you make sure the game is tested fully please. I'm not moaning or anything but last year there were a few bugs - e.g. Not being able to hold down X to increase a transfer bid or wage offer. This would have been noticed easily if the game was tested extensively but it was only a slight let down to the overall game. :thup:

Olly is the man in charge of testing FMH - I'm glad you are also of the opinion that it is the testers that miss all the bugs and not us programmers who can't fix them ;)

Being serious for a second - the team testing FMH have done a great job imho, and I'm very confident that FMH2009 will be the most polished version yet.

The fact that you always have to pay double or more for a player then what it say's there worth. Alright there not listed but still even some players that are transfer listed you can't buy for the asking price,

When a player has handed in a transfer request and the clubs allowed it, but they don't want to sell them so you still pay over the odds.

Mostly though it's the transfer offers that you get, which are rare. When one of your players is listed you have to offer them to clubs at a significant loss sometimes.

Also the AI controlled teams don't really do many transfers, apart from major ones. IRL there's loads of tranfers during the window not just a handful.

These are the main points I would say.

What does everyone else think?

couldnt agree more. i have had problems with everything you have said. its ridiculous when someone is listed and you offer theasking price and it says "the club are not willing top opart with their best players" , dont put them on the bloody transfer list then!

I would guess it is the same amount of time as Marc mentioned last year that there was a need for a definitive 'end' so as playtesters could reach the end and make sure the game was ok rather than play on and on.

I don't think there will be a change as 30 seasons is more than enough. It's like if Sir Alex resigned today and i took over Man Utd until 2038 :D A very very long career. Most people will get bored after around 10 seasons and start afresh with a new team so i don't see the need for an increase personally.

I think I can safely say that the 30 season limit is still in place in FMH 2009.

I think im going to try and complete the full 30. I think the most I've ever done is around 18.

• SI Staff
will there be a new one released for FMH09?

Yeah I'll update the editor in due course don't worry ... I'll also be writing some hints and tips and all that sort of good stuff as per usual* :D

*Glenn has promised faithfully to help with the hints and tips, although as usual all spelling mistakes will be mine ;)

Marc will you be putting managers into the editor this year? and will all players be avilable on it as mentioned before in a previous thread?

Also, will we be able to create and cancel loan deals? That would be a handy feature.

heres a tip for you all for thie new game.

Ive been tipped of about a few players to look out for (that have been put in FM) if they make it onto FMH

Marko Marin LW Borussia Monchengladbach. 19 yrs

De Silvestri but we already know of him

Robert Acquafresca SC Inter/Cagliari(on loan to Cagliari) 20 yrs

Jose Baxter Everton SC( should have heard of him now)

Mattia Destro SC Inter 17 yrs

Martin Galvan AM Cruz Azul only 15 and being tipped for big things already!

so theres a few names for us to watch out for guys

We should be paid scouts :)

Breno refused to sign with Real Madrid after they wanted a bone analysis to prove his young age.

Um, why not ask for a birth certificate like normal people?

Archived