How to score goals in this game?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you didn't understand, i know my english is poor, but still... first is not about winning, read again. Second, what you say is true and i know that not every game the better team or the team that play better wins, but when this is happening almost half of the games is wrong. But my post is not about wining, or AI team winning with one shot on target, i can live with that, if i score 2 or 3 don't matter if AI team score from their only shot, i still win, so i'm not bothered with that, but with easy chances missed game by game by world class strikers/players!

They miss one on one because of my tactical setup?!? :) How is that possible? Balotelli(18 finishing, 17 composure) one on one, no players in the area, only the gk to beat and he passes to GK(pass, not even a deflection!) and is my tactical setup? Then please tell me what i'm doing wrong? Why is he missing?

ps: i'm ok with him missing 3 CCC/game but not game after game...

I will(Ackter), but please tell me what tactic has to do with one on one with no pressure for striker(world class player, not a second division player)

Cougar: i repeat tactic is fine, or i'm fine with losing, but not missing 95 % percent of my one on one(i don't care about result, i can't find satisfaction even when i'm wining because i cannot score from easy chances). I don't like winning from corner, gk mistakes, own goals, deflection...i want to score from CCC, and this is impposible for me. And my defenders, full backs or MC to have the same number of goals as my world class strikers is game breaking.

Saponara has the same number of goals as Balotelli and El Sh combined. This is not normal even for a game...

In first season of my current save, the leading premiership striker scored 15 goals and golden boot winner only scored 22. My central defenders out scored my strikers. Seems like AI experiences same problem in getting strikers to score. Hopefully looked at in next ME update.

I will(Ackter), but please tell me what tactic has to do with one on one with no pressure for striker(world class player, not a second division player)

Cougar: i repeat tactic is fine, or i'm fine with losing, but not missing 95 % percent of my one on one(i don't care about result, i can't find satisfaction even when i'm wining because i cannot score from easy chances). I don't like winning from corner, gk mistakes, own goals, deflection...i want to score from CCC, and this is impposible for me. And my defenders, full backs or MC to have the same number of goals as my world class strikers is game breaking.

Saponara has the same number of goals as Balotelli and El Sh combined. This is not normal even for a game...

Your tactic is not fine because your STs aren't scoring!

This is my last game 2-2 with Roma, they scored from nothing 2 goals(1 of course from corner). But this is not the problem, i'm used to AI score 2 from 0 CCC, the biggest problem is that my top class players missed again from every angle - Kaka - 1 one on one, Balotelli - 2, Werner -2. My goals were from corner not from CCC...http://i39.tinypic.com/2r5w374.jpg[/img]"]2r5w374.jpg This is happening game after game!

Thanks for trying to help me but this is not releated to tactic, and i repeat is not about wining(with Roma at 2-0 i could hold the result and win). The next game was with Chievo another 0-0 after many chances. I really can't understand why i'm not scoring with only the gk to beat. I tested many things and it is the same...i really don't care about someone else tactic, or how to make my tactic better, is all about ME not letting strikers(also AI strikers) to score. If they think in this way they make the game harder, then mission accomplished.(nothing to do with TACTIC)

Thanks for trying to help me but this is not releated to tactic, and i repeat is not about wining(with Roma at 2-0 i could hold the result and win). The next game was with Chievo another 0-0 after many chances. I really can't understand why i'm not scoring with only the gk to beat. I tested many things and it is the same...i really don't care about someone else tactic, or how to make my tactic better, is all about ME not letting strikers(also AI strikers) to score. If they think in this way they make the game harder, then mission accomplished.(nothing to do with TACTIC)

It has everything to do with the formation, roles, duties & instructions you set along with a few other things. Tactics are the best starting point though.

Until you accept thats where your problem lies you'll never improve your FM experience, the choice is yours.

Look, my strikers are scoring. Several hat-tricks and a four-goal match the last season with Oviedo in Adelante. Most other managers have strikers scoring on their chances. Why don't you?

It is VERY easy to create lots and lots of big chances in this game, but efficiency won't increase because of that. You may be just as efficient playing 5-4-1 on Contain in every match (without having testing this of course). The fact that you created 5 ccc's, 16 shots and 9 shots on target in that match means nothing to anybody when it comes to a discussion of striker efficiency. Your screenshots are completely worthless and your constant repetition of the same arguments aren't doing anything either.

To put it very clearly, unless the ball moves laterally in front of goal, scoring is difficult. You say you have 5 one-on-ones with the keeper, but if those are all a player coming at 90 degrees angle to the goal and the keeper, they aren't actually very big scoring chances at all.

So it is the -type- of chances that counts, not the amount or who has them. In other words, your tactics. You are ruining your striker's chances of scoring goals. A simple way of checking if this is true or not, is to go on holiday for a month and leave everything to your assistant. When you come back, check if your strikers have scored goals. They probably will.

There are many issues with the game, but intentionally botched strikers for the user team is not one of them.

The tactic you have could made the striker feel pressured even on 1on1 easy chance, the morale in the match, the team talk are all aspect that could affect the striker.

You say you don't care about winning or not but if your team keep losing even the best striker is not in the mood to score, he would lose all the confidence in the world.

You better win first, then your striker will score.

I am going to close this as requested.

if you finally decide to entertain the thought that you're doing something wrong - and you are doing something wrong - then please open another thread in the tactics forum and actually give us information about your tactic. If you were willing to listen, your strikers would be scoring already.

Archived