Is save compression enabled by default and is it possible to disable it?

• 1 month later...

Really throws a wrench in a speedy gameplay.

Takes forever to save a game with lots of leagues, even though my CPU is 8 cores @ 5Ghz.

Can't choose which reason I would have for not continuing playing FM14, but this is one of them :(

Really throws a wrench in a speedy gameplay.

Takes forever to save a game with lots of leagues, even though my CPU is 8 cores @ 5Ghz.

Can't choose which reason I would have for not continuing playing FM14, but this is one of them :(

You would really stop playing a game entirely because it takes a while longer to save?

You would really stop playing a game entirely because it takes a while longer to save?

For extremely long-term players, where a save can go corrupt at any point after some decades, yes, it is quite important to save oftenly, so being able to do it fast is actually much more time saving than it seems.

Made a thread a few days about this. Seems an utterly pointless move on behalf of SI. If there's already a feature in a game, and there's no reason to remove it... don't.

Even if it's a feature such as a tactical interface/re-haul. Let people make a choice between the old system and the new system.

For extremely long-term players, where a save can go corrupt at any point after some decades, yes, it is quite important to save oftenly, so being able to do it fast is actually much more time saving than it seems.

I understand that it would save time, and it's annoying that it maybe takes a few more seconds, but to stop playing the game because of it? Seems a bit much.

Made a thread a few days about this. Seems an utterly pointless move on behalf of SI. If there's already a feature in a game, and there's no reason to remove it... don't.

Even if it's a feature such as a tactical interface/re-haul. Let people make a choice between the old system and the new system.

And who is to say there wasn't a reason? Just because it isn't visible doesn't mean it wasn't beneficial in some way.

Archived