Dramatic Payroll Slash

My second season playing with Macae' (a Brazilian Third Division club), and my payroll has been slashed from 2.5 million down to 1.3 million dollars! Whaaaaat?... I was spending 2.6M during first season and the club finances were in the red, but a nearly 100% cut on payroll is something I've never seen before.

As a remedy, I had to sell several top players and also loan many players from my parent club (Flamengo).

Should I resign and restart the game?

Is this normal?

Please share your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

As oneronaldo said it is pretty common in really any lower league. The only way a club in the Brazilian Third Division is ever going to get into the black is through a big transfer.

Also to be a pedant, your budget was slashed by 50% as a 100% cut would have been down to $0 :p.

There is actually an issue with the wage budget. I had a similar issue with wage budget cut in second season. The trouble is, even after selling some players, I couldn't adjust the wage budget despite having quite a surplus in the transfer budget. I reported that issue in the Bugs forum and was told that is being look at already.

Archived