FM14: Shakhtar Donetsk: Full of Brazilian Talent

lfc7

Welcome to the Shakhtar Donetsk thread for FM2014

e917125cbf78621b98a9ee8d150ffb05.png

History

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukrainian: ФК «Шахта́р» Доне́цьк [ʃɑxˈtɑr doˈnɛt͡sʲk]is a Ukrainian professional football club from the city of Donetsk. Shakhtar are one of the most successful club’s in Ukraine alongside Dynamo Kyiv. Since the club's founding in 1936 they have managed to collect 23 trophies, these include 8 Ukrainian Premier League Titles, 9 Ukrainian Cup’s, 4 Ukrainian Super Cup’s and 1 UEFA Cup.

Shakhtar play their Home games at the Donbass Arena in Donetsk, construction began in 2006 and the stadium was opened on 29 August 2009. The stadium is located in the centre of the city and has a capacity of 52,518, the stadium also hosted some of the matches in Euro 2012. It is also one of the popular nightlife spots in Donetsk, the first match at the stadium was a 4–0 victory in a Ukrainian Premier League match on 27 September 2009 against FC Obolon Kyiv.

The club was formed on 24th May 1936 in Donetsk, the city widely considered as the unofficial capital of Ukraine’s Donbass region. Shakhtar were originally named Stakhanovets, an allusion to Soviet worker productivity propaganda figure Aleksei Stakhanov, a miner who was said to have mined 14 times his quota of coal in just 6 hours. The first football teams in Donetsk area were created by the English workers or engineers that came to the Soviet Union to build factories. In 1911 Yuzovka Sports Association was established, the team that became the base of Shakhtar, yet the side changed several names until 1936 when the current one appeared.

Shakhtar reached the top tier of the Soviet championship only in 1950 and it was the following season that the side surprisingly finished 3rd on the table. Despite enjoying moderate success in the tournament, the Miners became tough Cup fighters and clinched the trophy in 1961 and 1962. In the 1970s the team finished second and third in the Soviet championship but despite collecting 1980 and 1983 USSR Cups and 1983 USSR Super Cup the club did not manage to taste the honours of the league.

When the independent Ukrainian League was organized after the collapse of the Soviet Union, Shakhtar who were only considered a cup team steadily became the main opponent for Dynamo Kiev due to Akhmetov's gaining control of the club. The mysterious October 1995 bombing assassination of former team president Akhat Bragin at the team's stadium, Akhmetov (who had served as Bragin's right-hand man and himself narrowly missed the attempt on his life), subsequently inherited operation of the Shakhtar Donetsk football club.

On 11 October 1996, Akhmetov was appointed president of the team and began investing heavily in both players and their training facilities, under his command, Shakhtar have become Ukrainian Premier League Champions in 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, Domestic Cup champions in 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013, Super-Cup in 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and UEFA Cup in 2009. In 2009 Donbass Arena stadium was built in Donetsk at Rinat Akhmetov's initiative. It is the first stadium in Eastern Europe that was designed and built to the elite UEFA standards.

11fe0691a977ffe9fbde6ff07f096fec.png

Shakhtar are an increasingly prominent force in Europe, and are continuing to reap the benefits of the adventurous recruitment policy that began in 2002, when they first invested in Brazilian players, many of them virtual unknowns on the international scene. Leading the way was the centre-forward Brandao, who made the move to Donetsk from unfashionable Sao Caetano. Since then more than two dozen of his compatriots have taken the trail he blazed, helping Shakhtar become a powerhouse of eastern European football.

Many of them have since been snapped up by Europe’s big spenders, among them the gifted Willian, who completed a move to Chelsea, and the midfielder Fernandinho, now with Manchester City. In the meantime, the Donetsk side continue to mine the rich seam of talent offered by Brazilian football, recently acquiring the services of FIFA Confederations Cup and Copa Libertadores winner Bernard from Atletico Mineiro.

Elano was one of the first Brazilians to join the club, lured east by Mircea Lucescu, a key figure in Brazilians joining the club. The Romanian coach joined Shakhtar job in 2004 and immediately asked the club to bring in five more Brazilians, Elano among them, to join the pioneering Brandao. Lucescu’s approach has been so successful that more and more Brazilian talents have since joined the team. Of the 12 Brazilians at the club Croatian striker Eduardo da Silva, at the age of 30 is the oldest member of Shakhtar’s Brazilian-born contingent. The 27-year-old Ilsinho is second on the list followed by Luiz Adriano, who is 26 and has spent seven years at the club, more than any of the current crop of Brazilians. The rest are all 25 and under, over the years Shakhtar has become a team with a very strong Brazilian identity.

Shakhtar have won seven league titles under Lucescu, not to mention four Ukrainian cups and the last UEFA Cup before it was renamed the UEFA Europa League. The Romanian’s fusing of two different football cultures has paid off handsomely and is reflected in the make-up of his team. With the exception of Ismaily, a defender who joined Shakhtar from Portuguese club Braga, the rest of the Brazilian players occupy midfield or attacking positions, while Lucescu’s rearguard is made up primarily of European players, most of them Ukrainians.

Bernard is the highest-profile member of what is Shakhtar’s fourth wave of Brazilian imports, with ex-Internacional man Fred Santos, former Fluminense attacking midfielder Wellington Nem, and Fernando, latterly of Gremio all joining him in Donetsk. Despite the success at home, the club have failed to win European trophies with the exception being the UEFA Cup in 2009.

Donbass Arena

6c55f9edbc51c46043f1dea2c8cde93d.png

Club Information

b09ad251d0aca4f00487c1839a0bce59.png

As you can see Shakhtar have had a lot of domestic success but can you crack Europe ?

5fa80a61ab993d9e130173cc6e569702.png

Shakhtar are clear favourites for the League with the competition coming from Dynamo Kyiv, Dnipro and Metalist. They also have great finances, a great stadium and great facilities

89b8f4266f2a26bcbf2e17d7d6143c4c.png

After not agreeing with the first offer of £40M I was offered the following, so as you can see a healthy transfer and wage budget which should help with the clubs philosophy

f18878cbd4fb5c02e8b17e7bf33518a0.png

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Additions

2ddfd9b7037003b1ace719bd60b3f563.png

Squad Analysis

For some reason S.Kryvtsov, llsinho, Ismaily, T.Hubschman, D.Costa and Eduardo are in Shakhtar 3 at the start of the game so move them to the main team

*First team squad shall do youth players that aren't in the first team separate, plus there is also 26 players out on loan, shall assess when they return. Potential signings based on players that have been willing to join, some Ukrainian players aren't amazing but thought id put some decent ones for each position. I will look to sign mostly Ukrainian's and Brazilian's/South American's, but have included potential signings from many nations as i imagine not everyone will do as i do.

Goalkeeper

148550febc7e3a6143b92ea5969bb8c7.png

With you being able to only field 7 foreign players i like to keep my Goalkeeper and Defence mostly Ukrainian so i can have my attack full of Brazilians/South Americans :D

In between the sticks we have the experienced A.Pyatov who is your No1 keeper and should do a good job for a few years unless you want to bring a better foreign keeper in, or if you want a Ukrainian you could look at O.Bandura of Metalurg D who will provide some good competition aswell as M.Koval/D.Boyko, but both are at Dynamo Kyiv.

Pyatov's backup is A.Kanibolotskyi who is decent for the league and is a decent backup but would struggle in european games. There is also 18yr old B.Sarnavskyi who could develop in to a good keeper. All 3 goalkeepers have low determination which is something am not keen on and may look to address, if you bring another keeper in you could get him to tutor Sarnavskyi.

Main Man: A.Pyatov

1ea700bf0ff94d1608c50ef4fca8f7fa.png

Potential Signings

O.Bandura - Metalurg D, M.Koval/D.Boyko - Dynamo Kyiv, W.Szczesny - Arsenal

Full Back

04a21b7bb6c9136295d8ce79537c7246.png

In the right back area you have D.Srna who is Captain and most probably first name on the team sheet, at the age of 31 he is still going strong and should still be in the side for a few years yet. Backup to Srna is llsinho who is more of a winger than a full back, there is also V.Kobin who isn't that great. I'd sell both of them and as Srna is foreign bring another foreign player in as backup/rotation.

In the left back area you have V.Shevchuk who at the age of 34 is maybe past his best and should be sold, O.Volovyk is a new signing and could provide decent backup there, but is naturally a central defender. There is also Ismaily who you could keep as backup or sell. As for E.Sobol with some games and tutoring from Srna can become a really good full back, I will be looking to bring a left back in and using Sobol as backup then hopefully rotate him there in season 2.

Main Man: D.Srna

8ba868239070b5658840640febec413d.png

Potential Signings

V.Mandzyuk - Dnipro, P.Makogon - Karpaty, D.Barvinko/M.Azevedo - Metalist, Rafinha - FC Bayern, Danilo - Porto, Lucas - Botafogo, C.Villagra - Metalist

Central Defence

d246f9d26d97d06a770c3e696b8092cc.png

Your key man here is Y.Rakitskyi who at 23 will be a rock at the back for years to come. To partner him in the centre is the very experienced O.Kucher. D.Chygrynskyi and S.Kryvtsov shall provide good competition although Chygrynskyi is on the slow side. The other man in the centre is new signing O.Volovyk who is ok and maybe useful in an injury crisis.

Main Man: Y.Rakitskyi

94f31f91490b04f218b629a73962a9be.png

Potential Signings

N.Otamendi - Porto, Dante - FC Bayern, A.Rami - Valencia, M.Bilyi - Zorya

Central/Defensive Midfield

541e5cd0e87f6f12a452b0567bfc67a3.png

In the middle of the park you are short of a player or two as for central midfield your key men are Fernando and A.Teixeira, although i would prefer to play Teixeira at AMC Likewise with Costa. You also have promising midfielder D.Grechyshkin who could develop into a good player and is Ukrainian so give him plenty of games.

As for defensive midfield you are covered with Fernando, T.Stepanenko and T.Hubschman. So overall i would look to bring a central midfield player in or maybe 2 depending on what formation you use.

Main Man: Fernando

68acd52796b2389c0fee66a3d2341ee5.png

Potential Signings

I.Chaykovskyi - Zorya, S.Bender - Dortmund, Romulo - Spartak Moscow, N.De Jong - AC.Milan, Hernanes - Lazio, Anderson - Manchester Utd, Essien - Chelsea, Jucilei - Anji, K.Honda - CSKA Moscow, K.Kovalchuk - Chornomorets, L.Romero - Velez

Attacking Midfield

00ef6cbc16e28b4e19ee0c936fd6d308.png

The strongest area of your squad in terms of depth and talent, the star man of the attacking midfield and your team is obviously Bernard, but you also have a lot more talent with the likes of W.Nem, A.Teixeira, Taison, D.Costa and Fred. You also have A.Shynder who is Ukrainian and could play in the cup and against weaker sides, I'd stregthen other areas before i even thought about buying anyone here.

Main Man: Bernard

d296a3d4afa88898bfa752708a06663f.png

Potential Signings

G.Ramirez - Southampton, O.Andrievskyi/A.Radchenko - Metalist

Forward

b205db9eabb2ded9c5e621b8347caa6c.png

Upfront you have gained a really great forward in F.Ferreyra who will certainly get you goals, you also have the experienced Eduardo, L.Adriano, A.Shynder and a few of the attacking midfielders who can play there, although i only plan on using one striker in my tactic. There is also M.llyuk who i would look to sell so i can develop V.Yurchenko who can become a really good forward

Main Man: F.Ferreyra

ce112e1e62bfdbdb278e4ba75900aa1a.png

Potential Signings

M.Mandzukic - FC Bayern, A.Pato - Corinthians, Robinho - AC.Milan, Ademilson - Sao Paulo, L.Damiao - Internacional

Promising Players

Some players aren't great but thought id list the best in each squad as some may change due to ca/pa

First Team

E.Sobol 18 DL 3.5* PA Capable of becoming a good player, with tutoring (Srna) and games.

V.Yurchenko 19 ST 3.5* PA At 19 needs to be given games and tutored, but with him being Ukrainian can become a good player for the league and maybe even europe.

B.Sarnavskyi 18 GK 2.5* PA Not as much potential as the other two but may worth keeping around as your third keeper, also if you bring a good keeper in get him tutored.

U21's

M.Shyshka 18 DR 3* PA Could become a good RB again get tutored (Srna) and games.

D.Ivanisenya 19 MC 3* PA Will most probably look to move on.

D.Bezborodko 19 ST 3* PA With having Yurchenko and another st in the U19's will look to move on although may insert a buy back clause with him being Ukrainian.

U19's

D.Arendaruk 17 ST 3.5* PA Alongside Yurchenko a good ST with potential for the future.

V.Tankovskyi 17 MC 3* PA Would get tutored and see how he develops.

N.Grynyuk 17 ST 2.5* PA most probably get rid

Formations

Every save i always try and use a 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 (if teams have the players) to cover against most opposition formations so they are the 3 tactics i shall be using in this save (may struggle with 4-4-2), I may change the roles as i go on but this is what I've come up with so far, also haven't had a chance to play many games yet.

4-2-3-1

e577f55845e5d2a1a6aae2df66f55aa9.png

This will be my tactic for the majority of my games in the UPL and some European games where am favoured, the threat will come from Srna who has great stats for a CWB, and the top 4 especially Bernard who i can't wait to see tearing defences up. Ill be looking for my 2 MC's to win the ball with individual settings I've gave them, then get the ball to the more attacking threat up top.

4-5-1

abf268ca2c8460405d563f9247ca4fa1.png

I will mainly use this tactic to see games out, away from home against tough opposition or where i need to stop other teams that play through the middle

4-4-2

e19e26d4b666c194468165b12d848768.png

I always like to have a 4-4-2 as i think there is always the odd game where it comes in handy

If anyone can spot any major flaws in my tactics then feel free to let me know

The thread you did for them a couple of years ago was excellent and this has started off just as well. :thup:

Thanks very much :D I remember when we both got to the CL Final in season 1 and I lost to Man City and you Man Utd :(

All done the thread is finished :D as i mentioned in the squad review am looking on bringing in a LB, RB, MC x2, and maybe a GK.

So far I've signed S.Bender (Dortmund) £15M and C.Villagra (Metalist) £2.7M. Villagra was TL and considering his price will provide good backup.

Started tonight, think I might give them a real go on the full version.

Bids placed for Lucas Romero. Will have a better look tomorrow evening, one thing I did notice is, the amount of attacking talent to try and fit in? I'm not the greatest tactically and tend to play very basic so trying to create a balanced system with so much flair is gonna be one of my personal big challenges in this save.

Started tonight, think I might give them a real go on the full version.

Bids placed for Lucas Romero. Will have a better look tomorrow evening, one thing I did notice is, the amount of attacking talent to try and fit in? I'm not the greatest tactically and tend to play very basic so trying to create a balanced system with so much flair is gonna be one of my personal big challenges in this save.

Welcome and have fun :) am not the greatest tactically myself and know what you mean, I've posted my tactics a few posts up, have done individual instructions for one or two players but have left the team instructions on standard - balanced as i like to see how the game pans out first, against weaker teams ill be having a good go considering the players uptop. Make sure to look in Shakhtar 3 as for some reason a few first team players are in there - D.Costa, S.Kryvtsov etc

Lucas Romero looks :cool: put a bid in myself ha

Just got this after Bernard got injured in my 1st friendly match :( hope his stats aren't damaged too much

2923774c501f707ed159fc026b1f09b2.png

W.Nem is also injured when the game starts for 3-4 months so time for the back ups to show how good they are

Unlucky with Bernard, that's killer.. Love the wee fella.

Shame about Romero, he looks ace. I'm the ink bid for him so far so here's hoping we can put the deal through quickly.

You got any other targets? I'm gonna have a look and see if there are any domestic players showing promise, used to like Toman Bezus on previous versions.

Unlucky with Bernard, that's killer.. Love the wee fella.

Shame about Romero, he looks ace. I'm the ink bid for him so far so here's hoping we can put the deal through quickly.

You got any other targets? I'm gonna have a look and see if there are any domestic players showing promise, used to like Toman Bezus on previous versions.

Gutted about Bernard and Romero :( although i have S.Bender and K.Honda for the CM positions now. Got Villagra for backup to Srna, can sign Robinho for £4M and his wages aren't really high, Srna will still be my top earner Robinho at Shakhtar :D

Used to buy Bezus but think he is at Dynamo Kyiv, If i get Robinho (looking to use at AML due to injuries) then i may bring a LB/GK in then that's me done. Might sell Eduardo as he is 30 on 50k and his contract expires after this season, although he does have some good stats for tutoring.

My Ukrainian targets have included O.Bandura - GK, D.Barvinko - DL, M.Koval - Dynamo Kyiv (have bid up to £15M but they wont sell as he is only 20 but amazing), I.Chaykovskyi - MC, K.Kovalchuk - DM/MC.

You need to have 4 Ukrainians in your starting line up so i will always have GK, DC, DC, then 1 of DL (Sobol), MC (Grechyshkin), ST/AMLR (Shynder) and DM (Stepanenko)

Who are your targets ?

Had my greatest ever Champ Man/Football Manager season, going unbeaten with Dynamo Kiev. Won the league, cup and Europa. Miguel Veloso, Andriy Yarmolenko, Yevhen Khacheridi and Younès Belhanda all amazing.

Shakhtar sacked Lucescu and appointed Hiddink, who finished 5th and then got sacked himself. The shambles continues as they've given Ruud Gullit the job!

Had my greatest ever Champ Man/Football Manager season, going unbeaten with Dynamo Kiev. Won the league, cup and Europa. Miguel Veloso, Andriy Yarmolenko, Yevhen Khacheridi and Younès Belhanda all amazing.

Shakhtar sacked Lucescu and appointed Hiddink, who finished 5th and then got sacked himself. The shambles continues as they've given Ruud Gullit the job!

Ha this is the 2nd time I've done the Shakhtar thread and i have thought of doing the Dynamo kyiv thread, but have a soft spot for Shakhtar IRL so would feel like a traitor ha, would be like going and doing the E***ton thread NO WAY ha

Well just made the 2 signings and can't see me doing much else. A CB is probably needed but ill wait till January or seasons end to make a move.

Signings are :

Lucas Romero - Velez - £8m

Leandro Damiao - International - £4.3m

Outs :

Tomas Hubschman - Ajax - £5m

Preseason was a bit up and down, started to score a few more the nearer we got to the season opener but defensively we are really poor. We also lost the super cup 1-2 which was rather poor given the players we have,

I've set it up as a 4-2-3-1 variant, Srna up in the WB slot as a CWB. I think trying to find a combination of roles for my midfield 5 is the hardest part so far, currently using an AM(d) & a CM(s), I wanted to provide the back line with cover.

The 3 x AMC's are actually playing pretty well but I think because they are all attack minded and their roles are all bombing ahead we leave our two central midfielders under some pressure aswell as being very open down the wings. That's what's I'm using the beta for, to have a play around with things and use it as a learning curve.

Well just made the 2 signings and can't see me doing much else. A CB is probably needed but ill wait till January or seasons end to make a move.

Signings are :

Lucas Romero - Velez - £8m

Leandro Damiao - International - £4.3m

Outs :

Tomas Hubschman - Ajax - £5m

Preseason was a bit up and down, started to score a few more the nearer we got to the season opener but defensively we are really poor. We also lost the super cup 1-2 which was rather poor given the players we have,

I've set it up as a 4-2-3-1 variant, Srna up in the WB slot as a CWB. I think trying to find a combination of roles for my midfield 5 is the hardest part so far, currently using an AM(d) & a CM(s), I wanted to provide the back line with cover.

The 3 x AMC's are actually playing pretty well but I think because they are all attack minded and their roles are all bombing ahead we leave our two central midfielders under some pressure aswell as being very open down the wings. That's what's I'm using the beta for, to have a play around with things and use it as a learning curve.

Nice signings great price for Damiao, am using AML, AMC, AMR in my 4-2-3-1 just drew 0-0 at home against Zorya had 26 shots at goal just couldn't score

Ha! Nice man. That's a lot of Brazilians.. I've got a cheek.

I got a bit in tonight, only played two league games, won both bit unfortunately Damiao got injured and is out now for 8 weeks. Made one more signing, brought in Joao Pedro from Estoril for under £1m to give back up in the AMC slot.

Was looking at Julici from Anji but I really like the look of young Fernando in the squad so he may be my starter alongside Romero, who just scored his first goal for the club.

Ha! Nice man. That's a lot of Brazilians.. I've got a cheek.

I got a bit in tonight, only played two league games, won both bit unfortunately Damiao got injured and is out now for 8 weeks. Made one more signing, brought in Joao Pedro from Estoril for under £1m to give back up in the AMC slot.

Was looking at Julici from Anji but I really like the look of young Fernando in the squad so he may be my starter alongside Romero, who just scored his first goal for the club.

Was looking at Juclici myself but opted for Bender just about to play my first game in the CL against OM

Congratulations you've convinced me to start a save with shakhtar and I don't normally ever get convinced from things I read here.

I'm going to stay with them until at least I've beaten Kiev's amount of league titles & hopefully a champions league added oo.

Im playing a very attacking, posession based 4-3-3 system with a half back to sit between center backs.

7 league games in and I'm undefeated including friendlies but 5 points behind metalist but we've yet to play each other and they've yet to play Kiev.

Have to say Well done in this thread, I'm impressed.

Congratulations you've convinced me to start a save with shakhtar and I don't normally ever get convinced from things I read here.

I'm going to stay with them until at least I've beaten Kiev's amount of league titles & hopefully a champions league added oo.

Im playing a very attacking, posession based 4-3-3 system with a half back to sit between center backs.

7 league games in and I'm undefeated including friendlies but 5 points behind metalist but we've yet to play each other and they've yet to play Kiev.

Have to say Well done in this thread, I'm impressed.

What can i say but wow thanks very much and welcome to the thread :D I like to try and beat Dynamo's league titles and win a CL or a few also, just tweaking my tactics on this save so may start again when the full game comes out. Be great to have a few faces in the thread enjoy :D

What can i say but wow thanks very much and welcome to the thread :D I like to try and beat Dynamo's league titles and win a CL or a few also, just tweaking my tactics on this save so may start again when the full game comes out. Be great to have a few faces in the thread enjoy :D

Thanks mate ! And yeah that's fair enough I think I had an alright tactic as in if the 1v1 problem was fixed I would do pretty well but because or that I've had to tweak a little. I'm quite happy with this save so far like the save like the club like the project the rules are different too, have you ever been able to take any of Kiev's players?

Because of the Ukraine player rule their keeper and yarmolenko would be great in the next year or so but unsure if they will move across to us!

Unlike you and the other posters I didn't sign a striker which not for a slight tweak to my tactic I think was going to cost me big time but luckily Fred's gone to sports shop and found some shooting boots.

Thanks mate ! And yeah that's fair enough I think I had an alright tactic as in if the 1v1 problem was fixed I would do pretty well but because or that I've had to tweak a little. I'm quite happy with this save so far like the save like the club like the project the rules are different too, have you ever been able to take any of Kiev's players?

Because of the Ukraine player rule their keeper and yarmolenko would be great in the next year or so but unsure if they will move across to us!

Unlike you and the other posters I didn't sign a striker which not for a slight tweak to my tactic I think was going to cost me big time but luckily Fred's gone to sports shop and found some shooting boots.

Ive had a shakhtar save almost every year for the past few years and dont think ive ever got a player from Kyiv ha you will have a better chance getting players from Dnipro and Metalist although it wont be cheap

Just had this crazy game against Zenit (5-5) in the CL and some of the goals conceded were comical, playing a standard mentality at times and for some reason my dc are charging up the pitch leaving them to just pass over the top or from the flanks and for easy goals, its driving me crazy

76aa1a1da0b0d3f0610af0aceb4e04fd.png

I loved a long term save i had with Shakhtar in FM13 and im looking to do it again. I failed to win the UCL but at least surpased the ukranian league titles of Kiev :p

I bought Barvinko, Chaykovsky, Ademilson, Stanciu, Sassa, Vrsalijko among others and managed to bought Koval when he was unhappy for 20M.

I think ill try to bring Damiao to replace Luiz Adriano this year :D

Also, what are your thoughts on Dentinho and Alan Patrick? will you give them a chance again?

How are you guys setting up your attacking triple in the middle?

My team is playing really well, defensive is solid, Ferreyra & Damiao are scoring and my top performer is new recruit Romero. I just can't get Bernard, Teixeira or Costa performing.

So far I've got Costa wide right as W(s), Bernard wide left as a IF(a) and Teixeira at AMC.

I loved a long term save i had with Shakhtar in FM13 and im looking to do it again. I failed to win the UCL but at least surpased the ukranian league titles of Kiev :p

I bought Barvinko, Chaykovsky, Ademilson, Stanciu, Sassa, Vrsalijko among others and managed to bought Koval when he was unhappy for 20M.

I think ill try to bring Damiao to replace Luiz Adriano this year :D

Also, what are your thoughts on Dentinho and Alan Patrick? will you give them a chance again?

First of all welcome to the thread :D Would love to sign Koval myself i'd even pay £30M ha, may give Dentinho and A.Patrick a chance after all they are brazilians :)

How are you guys setting up your attacking triple in the middle?

My team is playing really well, defensive is solid, Ferreyra & Damiao are scoring and my top performer is new recruit Romero. I just can't get Bernard, Teixeira or Costa performing.

So far I've got Costa wide right as W(s), Bernard wide left as a IF(a) and Teixeira at AMC.

Tbh i use 4-2-3-1 but roles change depending on the opp, for e g i have Srna as a Att FB/WB/CWB etc but if i play someone who has been getting all there asisst's from the left wing which is obviously my right wing, then i change his role to LFB DF.

For my attacking midfileders i use Bernard/Taison AML as IF Att, Teixeira/Coutinho AMC as AP Sup, Costa/Nem/Fred AMR Winger Att/Sup depending how Srna is set up. I may use Costa on the left sometimes also. How are you playing your lone striker ? am switching between Poacher/Adv Fwd

Also defense wise am doing ok not amazing though

Think i may start again as a mostly happy with my tactics although could do with being a touch better defensively and i made some crazy signings in that save just to test the waters seeing who would be willing to join. Can get Damiao this time :D and hopefully Romero wont go to Barca.

I also liked to buy Giuliano from Dnipro to reunite him with his brother Taison and make Dnipro weaker.

I would also recommend Giuliano as a replacement if you want to sell Alex Texeira :p

I had him on my shortlist on my save, had a save with Dnipro on fm13 even done the thread ha

My season is going very well, it's actually more of a challenge than it seems due to the level ot skill the players have, as daft as that sounds you really do have to work to get them to produce. Romero & Ferreyra are definelty my stand out performers, starting to get a bit more from the Brazilian Mafia with Texieria & Costa pulling out some top drawer stuff.

I ended up investing in several Brazilian youngsters before the window shut, in a weird turn of events i get to keep them untill January then they go back on loan to their clubs for some regular games :

3xj0.jpg

ecnd.jpg

9tt2.jpg

3gyd.jpg

sjiq.jpg

gu9u.jpg

cdfj.jpg

wig5.jpg

Some of these lads still need major work done in terms of training and development but they seem to be decent prospects very capable for this league. Thier fees weren't ridiculous so i'm quite happy with the future secured.

Transfers

rdu3.jpg

Tactics

5tva.jpg

These are still very raw and are a work in progress.

League Table

w1pv.jpg

Hoarau great stuff and lots of Brazilian's cool ha, I've started my proper save now looking to just buy South American's and Ukrainian's if i can. Where did you get the face pack's from ? been years since i've used them but wanted them for the Shakhtar squad at least.

The facepacks are part of the mega cutout pack, been adding to that for years now.. Must have about 135,000 odd faces. If you just want the Ukranian & South American images you'll be able to get those packs alone I'm sure.

Yeah really embraced the Brazilian aura of the squad, I do have plans to add more Ukrainians, have my eye on and AML from Dinipro, his names starts with a K, Kono/something and also a 21 year MC from one of the lower sides, he's only rated at 3* potential but he's already decent enough and my thinking is he'll be good enough for the league matches.

I'm really enjoying Shakthar and kinda don't want to restart my save when the full release comes out, think ill be sticking with them for a long time.

Remember you need a home-grown number of players (i think 7 or 8 after a couple of seasons in the game), so you need to buy very young or produce very good youngster at least to sit in the bench through their carrers :p

I had problems with that because i like to keep a 22 man competitive squad and rotate a lot, and after ten years when rakitsky, chigry, and the others home players left, i was left with no home grown players!

The facepacks are part of the mega cutout pack, been adding to that for years now.. Must have about 135,000 odd faces. If you just want the Ukranian & South American images you'll be able to get those packs alone I'm sure.

Yeah really embraced the Brazilian aura of the squad, I do have plans to add more Ukrainians, have my eye on and AML from Dinipro, his names starts with a K, Kono/something and also a 21 year MC from one of the lower sides, he's only rated at 3* potential but he's already decent enough and my thinking is he'll be good enough for the league matches.

I'm really enjoying Shakthar and kinda don't want to restart my save when the full release comes out, think ill be sticking with them for a long time.

I had the mega facepacks but cant find them so will have to download all over again :( i only restarted as i used the first save as sort of a test for tactics and signings, wont be spending crazy like i did, good to see you will be around for a long time :D

Remember you need a home-grown number of players (i think 7 or 8 after a couple of seasons in the game), so you need to buy very young or produce very good youngster at least to sit in the bench through their carrers :p

I had problems with that because i like to keep a 22 man competitive squad and rotate a lot, and after ten years when rakitsky, chigry, and the others home players left, i was left with no home grown players!

I normally have my DC's, GK then maybe FB's as my Ukrainian's as i like to have my attack full of south americans if i can, on fm13 Costa was classed as HG at club but isnt on this :(

I don't believe it lads my laptop has got a virus and ive lost my save I can't even get into my laptop...

I do have my Desktop from about 6 years ago as my back-up and I'm going to have to start a whole new complete save as I can't get back into my laptop to even save the previous save game to the cloud.

Oh well same again , same targets same footballing tactics and philosophy and I will assume a lot of the same buisness to be done in the window but it's not guarenteed will see how it goes.

Hopefully with the new update it won't take my team 5 1v1's to put 1 goal away!

Well... Here I go

I don't believe it lads my laptop has got a virus and ive lost my save I can't even get into my laptop...

I do have my Desktop from about 6 years ago as my back-up and I'm going to have to start a whole new complete save as I can't get back into my laptop to even save the previous save game to the cloud.

Oh well same again , same targets same footballing tactics and philosophy and I will assume a lot of the same buisness to be done in the window but it's not guarenteed will see how it goes.

Hopefully with the new update it won't take my team 5 1v1's to put 1 goal away!

Well... Here I go

Argh bad news well good to see your starting again I've just checked and my new save is on the new update, didn't even know there was one till you mentioned it

Nice thread :thup:

I usually play just as Arsenal. But think I will try a Shakhtar save this year. Unfortunately I am holding off on FM14 for a bit, but am thinking of starting a save with a transfer update on FM13. A little off topic, but do you have any recommendations for a FM13 transfer update save?

Back on topic:

Has anyone tried some more unorthodox formations with this side? I could see a narrow 4-2-3-1 working quite well. I also am tempted to try a 4-3-2-1 type formation. I know the side is a bit lacking in MC/DM players but would be a fun challenge.

Archived