FM14: One man, one dream, 5 continents.

pearcey_90

Hope your luck turns.

Thanks mate :thup:

Well done staying on. Hopefully next season you can push on!

Hope so too. Big pressure on the youths but it needed to be done otherwise club would be going the wrong way financially.

Survived! Hopefully next season is a bit less stressful!

Hope so mate :)

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August

DFB-Pokal 1st Round Schnelsen AWAY 7-0 (E. Gabric x3, A. Petersen, R. Knoche, T. Schulze, F. Haas)

Up against a very low league side we made little work in progressing through to the next round with Schnelsen not even registering a shot all game. Gabric led the line well with youth prospect Haas coming off the bench to score his first ever career goal.

Werder Bremen HOME 0-1

First game of the season and having both of our strikers missing still through injury showed as we lacked the killer instinct in front of goal. We created many chances but missed the target far too often and were deservedly punished with a defeat.

Augsburg AWAY 1-0 (M. Beck)

Up against that could be in and around us come end of the season it's a very good result to get three points over them. Both Sanchez and Beck returned from injuries with Sanchez starting but as the game wore on he started to get tired which led to the introduction of Beck who had lesser fitness than Sanchez at the start of the game but he turned out to the match winner. Rising highest from a corner he scored the winning goal to the delight of the fans.

Gladbach HOME 1-0 (M. Sanchez)

Up against the early pace setters of the league at the time we showed great determination to come out with all three points courtesy of a fantastic Sanchez chip and we finished the game with not only back to back wins but back to back clean sheets.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

A good start to the season which I'm very happy about. My most pleasing thing are the two full backs so far after four games they have a rating of LB (8.2) RB (7.8) which is surprising as the full backs have always produced low ratings for me so makes a nice change, more so when they're both 19 years old. Team I also feel has a very well balanced approached but I'm very fearful of injuries as we only have 21 first team players before we have to dip into the u19 side where a large amount are not old enough to play.

Deadline Day

We had some drama on deadline day. Alejandro Gomez got injured in a match few days earlier and was ruled out for 4 months which meant we had to terminate his loan. As a result we had to quickly try and find a replacement on a free transfer as we couldn't afford a loan singing or a transfer signing and luckily came across this man...

Shinji Kagawa LW/ACM

He'll fit in nicely into the side and also allowed us to increase our revenue from endorsements in Japan.

September

1860 Munchen AWAY 1-4 (M. Sanchez)

After ending last month with back to back to clean sheets our defence was anything but strong in this game as we collapsed from the word go and were never in the game.

Dortmund HOME 3-1 (E. Gabric x2, A. Petersen)

A truly remarkable result and one I still I can't believe we managed to get. We adopted a very defensive approach with the feeling of damage limitations but that seemed out of the window after we conceded 5 minutes into the game however from there on it was a tale of frustration and woe for Dortmund as they missed chance after chance whilst we were 100% clinical and took all three of our chances to take a shock win.

Koln AWAY 3-1 (S. Kagawa, M. Sanchez, R. Knoche)

Back to back wins again this season and we're climbing up that table to the shock of some clubs. This was a demonstration of how to play counter attacking football as punished Koln on the break numerous times with Kagawa getting his first goal for the club.

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round FSV Frankfurt HOME 1-3 (M. Beck)

Now this is the game where our season has seemed to take a turn for the worst. I rested a few players but still had a strong side out however the referee decided he didn't want us to go through and fixed the game. 12 minutes into the game our CB Dzolan had to go off injured following a fierce tackle that received no booking, few minutes later this happened to our other CB....

co82.png

Simply lost for words. No way can you be sent off for that and as a result of losing two CBs in the space of like 5 minutes we went on to lose the game whilst also picking up a further injury to Sanchez.

RB Leipzeg HOME 1-1 (E. Gabric)

Up against bottom of the table and yet to get a point Red Bull you would think we would get things back on track. Oh no that wasn't to be as Gabric had to rescue us a point with a well taken free kick. 2 points embarrassingly dropped.

October

Wolfsburg AWAY 0-2

Our poor form continued into October and looks like not letting up any time soon as we turned in a lackluster performance that lacked any killer instinct which could be put down to the injuries. At 1-0 in the 82nd minute we did have the chance somehow to nick a point with a penalty but Rooney who was on 5.7 at the time stepped up to only hit the post and ended the game on 4.2 after he came on 5 minutes into the game for Beck.

Braunschweig AWAY 2-2 (M. Beck, A. Petersen)

Up against 2nd from bottom and once again it was more points dropped in an embarrassing result for the club. Beck passed a late fitness test to lead the line which was a huge plus as without him we would have ended up with zero points as he was the only player that looked a threat.

Mainz HOME 1-3 (M. Beck)

The injuries continue to mount and so do the poor performances and results. This time we slipped to a defeat to the early league leaders and a side that on paper has no more quality than we do.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

Terrible past 2 months that now sees us languishing around mid table, with only the league to play for. We're crippled with injuries and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for players and things don't look like they're improving anytime soon. Really do hope we can string some good results together as I really don't want our season to crumble in spectacular style before the winter break otherwise my motivation could sink even lower.

November

Freiburg AWAY 0-2

New month but the same poor performance of the previous month with yet more injuries sustained.

Hannover HOME 4-2 (A. Petersen x3, E. Gabric)

A victory out of the blue and one I could not see coming when we were 2-1 down. We were not in the game at all but Petersen seemed to have the game of his life as everything he touched turned to gold including 3 shots 3 goals.

FC Bayern AWAY 0-3

Up against FC Hollywood it was a case of how many and we thankfully kept it down to 3 goals.

December

Schalke HOME 3-5 (M. Beck, E. Gabric, S. Kagawa)

A shocking defensive display once again from us where in turn we had more chances but like some of our defeats the otherside simply took more of their chances than we did, which rings bells of last season also. To concede 5 at home is the sort of result the board will not tolerate so can't afford many more heavy defeats.

Leverkusen AWAY 3-4 (M. Beck x2, E. Gabric)

Yet again another poor result were we leaked in far too many goals.

62at.png

Those are the stats from the game. We both had same amount of shots on target but only one of ours was a CCC whilst all 6 of theres were CCC. Despite us having won more % of headers and tackles our defence just seems to allow the opposition more CCC which is infuriating and I don't know how to stop it!

HSV HOME 2-3 (M. Sanchez, S. Kagawa)

Once again we leaked in far too many goals and again it happened at home.

Frankfurt AWAY 1-4 (M. Beck)

I'm so glad the winter break has arrived as it gives us a rest bite. One win in the last 11 league games is nothing short of embarrassing and the sort of form where I can't last much longer in this job.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

The slide and rot continues and I honestly don't think I'm capable of turning it around. This whole career has been nothing short of frustration as I can't get any tactics to work, whilst it seems everyone else has god worthy tactics and it's ****ing annoying. Hopefully I can fluke my way to a winning formula but can't see it happening any time soon, especially here at Stuttgart.

Winter Transfers

We only made one permanent signing in January and it arose with my scout recommending this little gem of a free transfer after he left Molde. His passing, first touch and technique are 2nd to none and will slot nicely into my new formation as a deep lying playmaker.

Oladapo John CM

January

Augsburg HOME 1-3 (D. Dzolan)

Winter break resumes with new tactics and my god the performances didn't get much better. A game against a side we should be beating at home turned into a game where we were totally outplayed .

Gladbach AWAY 0-2

Up against the surprise side of the season I was not expecting much from this game and this showed with another rather poor performance as we just rolled over and waited till the full time whistle.

February

1860 Munchen HOME 3-0 (E. Garbic, S. Kagawa, M. Sanchez)

A win at last! And a convincing one! Totally outplayed 1860 Munchen which brings me huge optimism that these tactics will eventually work once the team gets use to them and we continue to tinker with them as the weeks go on.

Werder Bremen AWAY 0-2

Well the optimism didn't last long as we slumped to another poor defeat against a side we should really be doing better against.

Dortmund AWAY 1-3 (E. Knoche)

Up against the league leaders, we were unable to replicate the amazing result we had against them earlier in the season and instead fell to a defeat that could have been far greater than 3-1.

Koln HOME 5-1 (M. Ducksch og, S. Kagawa x2, E. Garbic x2)

The first game this season where we've totally dismantled a side and one I really hope I enjoy more off. We were four nil up by half time and took our foot of the gas in the second half but did win 5-1 in the end. Kagawa has been magnificent since joining and I dread to think where we'd be without him.

RB Leipzig AWAY 1-1 (R. Knoche)

Well up against bottom of the table I was expecting/hoping we would do better than when we last met them but that wasn't the case. We yet again embarrassed ourselves with a poor result and one that I'm ashamed of yet again.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

I honestly don't know how I'm still in a job or how the board haven't called me into the boardroom for a meeting. The new tactics I'm trying to tinker as we go along and we have 5 players arriving on frees in the summer to further strengthen the tactics but whether or not I'll be here is a different question. There's been some positive aspects of the season so far for example the performances of Garbic from the LW and Kagawa from the RW however the GK has been utter dreadful averaging around 6.4. No question if I'm here next season the WHOLE transfer budget will be going towards a top top keeper.

March

Wolfsburg HOME 2-2 (E. Garbic, M. Beck)

A good comeback from us to rescue a point and make it 3 games unbeaten. Beck came off the bench to seal the equaliser in the 89th minute to the joy of the fans.

Braunschweig HOME 3-2 (S. Kagawa, M. Sanchez, F. Stritzel og)

We finally beat a side we should be beating and made harder work than it should be by letting in careless goals. The keeper once again showed why he won't be first choice next season by trying his hardest to throw away the win but thankfully they couldn't get enough shots on target for that to happen.

Mainz AWAY 2-2 (E. Garbic, N. Bungert og)

A deserved point in the end but one we were so lucky to get by getting the equaliser in the 96th minute via an own goal when only 2 minutes was suppose to be added on. Fair to say the Mainz support and management team were not best pleased with the referee.

Freiburg HOME 0-0

Now 6 games unbeaten and the tactics looking more solid as each game goes on (touch wood).

Bundesliga Table

Summary

An unbeaten month! Don't think I've ever experienced that at Stuttgart. We are steadily moving away from the relegation zones and look likely to be staying up another season where we can again try and kick on should the board decide to give me a new contract as we have under achieved so far. We have a very tough run of games next month so I'm hoping the board don't dismiss now as with the new players set to arrive in the summer I want to stay on. The tactics are working and we are limiting sides to only like 2/3 shots on target each game but with our keeper being so dreadful most of the time those shots are still going in. So hopefully we can sort that out for rest of this season but it's something that will certainly be sorted out in the summer.

We also had the youth intake and in this years intake is one superstar...

kxzd.png

Such an exciting prospect and one I feel will go far in the game.

April

Hannover AWAY 2-2 (M. Sanchez x2)

Another good result and now means we're 7 games unbeaten which is the best run we've been on since I've been in charge all be it a large amount of the games have been draws. Sanchez has finally found his goal scoring boots after a rather disappointing season which I'm pleased about.

FC Bayern HOME 0-1

An unfortunate defeat but again showed how much we needed a top keeper. We had 6 shots on target compared to Bayerns two but that's all they needed as our keeper was once again beaten at the near post.

Schalke AWAY 1-4 (M. Sanchez)

Another defeat here where a mixture of our keeper being poor and them being clinical won them they game.

89te.png

As you can see from the basic stats we were as much in the game as they were in fact more, but were weren't clinical and they had a decent keeper.

Bayer Leverkusen HOME 1-2 (E. Garbic)

Same as the Schalke game.

ziwc.png

Once again we had the better chances but yet again we didn't take them whilst our keeper gifted them with goals. These tactics are limiting the opposition to such a small amount of shots compared to before but it still doesn't matter whilst we have this keeper as they will still score 2/3 goals from 3/4 shots.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

I'm under no illusions here, this has been an utter dreadful season. Last season was poor and we finished on 37 points, this season we can only finish on that if we win our last two games which I can't see happening. My position atm reads 'very insecure' which leads me to believe I'll most likely won't have my contract renewed come end of the season which is a shame as I would like another season with the new tactics and a top keeper.

May

HSV AWAY 2-2 (E. Garbic, W. Kvist)

We've ended the run of defeats but the run of games without a win now stretches to seven games.

Frankfurt HOME 1-2 (W. Kvist)

What a disappointing way to end the season. EIGHT games without a win and an even lower points tally than last season by 5 points. Simply not good enough and one I have to answer to in the end of season board meeting.

Bundesliga Table

yl2m.png

Summary

Dreadful season but one where I do not want to leave. I want one more crack at it to get Stuttgart back up into the top half where they belong. I've attended the end of season board meeting where I've asked for more time and the board have agreed wanting 10 points from next 5 games. However I've yet to be offered a new contract and mine ends in one months time so it's a matter of a waiting game at the moment to see if I'll be given one.

Pre Season

Transfers

inj3.png

We've not had a transfer budget to work with this summer largely due to fact we suffered another poor league finish last season so missed out on prize money and the fact I have 5 games to save my job so the board have kept the purse strings tight which is understandable. However given we had no money to spend I feel this has been one of the best windows I've experienced as manager due to the quality we brought in especially Dollberg and Glukhov who both arrive as 5* potential! We now have far more depth than last season thanks to the signings and the improving youths so injuries will not be as much of an issue this season hopefully.

Juan Manuel Dollberg CB

Dudu LW

Remi Mulumba CM

Alexandr Glukhov GK

Results

6hka.png

Didn't really play any sides of exceptional quality so it was a case of getting players bedded in so they're use to the system whilst building up confidence with straight forward wins.

Summary

Mixture of excited and nervous going into the new season. It's the first time In my managerial career since the start that I'm lining up with the same club for the start of the season two seasons in a row. I have 5 games to get 10 points from which given the fixtures I have it's achievable. I have no doubt this squad is good enough for the top 7 and I have to deliver as there are zero excuses this season for me.

August

DFB-Pokal 1st Round Markranstadt AWAY 5-0 (T. Schulze, M. Beck, O. John, E. Gabric, W. Kvist)

First competitive game of the season and it was a straight forward win as always in the first round of the cup. Once again the side we met in the first round didn't even register a shot on goal all game.

Hannover AWAY 4-1 (E. Garbic x2, A. Petersen, M. Beck)

First game of the season and what a result it was. Last season we only won 2 away games all season and picked up a measly 11 points so to turn up here first game and smash four in a one sided game is surprising to say the least. Does go to show what quality there is in the squad in particular Grabic who is constantly improving and such a goal threat from out left.

Hoffenheim HOME 3-1 (E. Garbic, K. Ramadani og, M. Sanchez)

Before the game Babbel was in the press slagging me off but come the final whistle I had the last laugh by doing the talking on the pitch. The game couldn't start any worse with Rooney scoring after 22 seconds but the team responded well by sticking to the gameplan and registered another comfortable victory.

Wolfsburg AWAY 0-1

First defeat of the season and one that is rather unfair on us as neither side deserved to win in what was a very poor game of football.

September

HSV HOME 2-1 (J. Dollberg, E. Garbic)

A good way to bounce back after a defeat is to win and we did just that which makes it 9 points from a possible 12 and surely makes my job safe for a while. The way the team now limits the opposition to such few chances a game is pleasing to see under these tactics.

Mainz AWAY 1-2 (E. Garbic)

A late goal meant we slipped to our 2nd defeat of the season in a game I had hoped we would at least get a point. Garbic was once again a thorn in the oppositions backside and got the equaliser but unfortunately we let the point slip.

FC Bayern HOME 1-1 (E. Garbic)

A fantastic point against Bayern and I think it's the first time I've got a point against them at the 6th time of asking. We took them game to them from the start and got what we deserved for such a positive approach.

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round St. Pauli HOME 3-2 (S. Kagawa, M. Beck x2)

I rested a large majority of the squad and it almost backfired but for a Beck winner in the last minute. The DFB-Pokal is a cup competition I want us to target to win as some of the sides that have got to the final in recent years have not been of exceptional quality so goes to show it is possible to have success. I certainly will be playing near full strength sides in future rounds.

Bayer Leverkusen AWAY 2-4 (E. Garbic, M. Beck)

Last game of the month and this is one that the score line does not reflect the story. In no way should Leverkusen have scored or even deserved to score four. We outplayed them from the start to the end but silly errors and own goals cost us the game and one that frustrates me as I hope it doesn't effect our confidence to much after such a positive start as last season we collapsed in October and November and don't want the same happening again!

Bundesliga Table

Summary

It's been a good start to the season and one that has resulted in this little surprise...

pyve.png

Two year contract :) So hopefully we can have a positive season this season and start moving forward after a difficult first 18 months in the job. What the contract also gives is added confidence as the board wont sack me now if we do go on another bad little run.

In terms of the squad Garbic has been a sensation. He has scored in every league game we have scored in and continues to impress. We rejected insulting offers of £5m in the summer and gave him a new contract so the only way he is leaving is if a club offer a record breaking fee which would have to be over £26.5m.

October

Schalke HOME 3-0 (M. Beck x2, E. Garbic)

A great victory here home to a very good side and once where we once again controlled the game from start to finish. Garbic kept up his goalscoring form whilst Beck has finally discovered his goal scoring boots with a double.

Hertha BSC AWAY 2-2 (M. Beck x2)

Twice we took the lead but twice we through it away against a side that once again took all their chances not for the first time this season.

Werder Bremen HOME 0-0

A disappointing result here up against a lowly side but Werder Bremen seem to be our boggy side in recent years.

November

Gladbach HOME 3-0 (J. Dollberg x2, A. Petersen)

Just like the start of October we started the month off with a fabulous victory against a side that finished 3rd last season. CB Dollberg was simply irresistible with two powerful headers from corners with Petersen continuing his good season with the 3rd.

Freiburg AWAY 1-1 (A. Petersen)

This should have been 3 points but for a goal in the 91st minute to deny us which turned out to be Freiburgs only shot on target.

Frankfurt HOME 1-1 (M. Beck)

Again another side that only had one shot on target but that was all they needed as they nicked an unfair point. We need to start taking more of our chances as our defensive is magnificent and keeping us at the right end of table.

1860 Munchen AWAY 2-0 (M. Beck, R. Mulumba)

7 games unbeaten and our 2nd away win of the season matching our total we got all of last season. These past 2 months have been magnificent and may long it continue!

Bundesliga Table

Summary

As you can see from the table we are FOURTH! This has been a magnificent season so far and I couldn't have wished for anything more. We would have been in the UCL places if it wasn't for a outstanding start to the season from Wolfsburg out of no where but we are on course to finish top half and who knows possibly Europe. We only got 32 points lasts season and already this season we have 23 so we are definitely going to improve on last season which was the main aim. 3 games and a cup game left before the winter break, if we can get 6 points and go through in the cup it will be the dream start to the first half of the season.

December

DFB-Pokal 3rd Round Furth AWAY e3-2 (M. Beck x3)

After almost going out last round from playing an under-strength side this time I sent out a full strength side and we again almost went out. It took a Beck goal in the 119th minute to finally seal the deserved win. We took the lead twice but twice threw it away and despite having 30+ shots couldn't kill the game off. But we're through and that's all that matters and we play our feeder club Union Berlin at home in the quarters.

Koln HOME 3-2 (R. Knoche, E. Garbic, M. Beck)

Back to the league and we won yet again to maintain our excellent run courtesy of some stunning goals from Garbic and Beck.

Dortmund AWAY 1-3 (R. Knoche)

We knew this was going to be a tough game and so it turned out to be. We tried our best at shutting up shop to sneak a point and it was only 2-1 till the last few minutes when we than decided to throw the kitchen sink at Dortmund only to concede on the counter to end our unbeaten run.

Nurnberg HOME 2-0 (M. Beck, R. Mulumba)

Just like two of our three defeats this season we bounced back with a victory against bottom of the table. A thoroughly comfortable game where we were never troubled by Nurnberg and showcased why we are nearly 20 points ahead of them.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

We go into the winter break in a magnificent position and one I couldn't see coming. I knew we would be better than last season but not this much better so quickly. If we can maintain the same level of performances and results in the 2nd half of the season and get 30 points minimum we could well sneak a UCL place which would be simply breathtaking.

In other news during the winter break the Arsenal job came available and I decided to apply for it and despite saying I'll play possession/attacking football (board wanted defensive/set piece football strangely) this popped up...

2jd7.png

It's such a tempting offer but... no thanks. Although Arsenal are a big big club and should be challenging for major honors I simply couldn't leave Stuttgart after spending all this time to build a team to be where we are. I want to see out my contract here till 2021 and assess the situation from there.

Don't mean to sound harsh but considering the results to date you've had some job offers I really wouldn't expect?

I agree. Considering how poor I've been at Stuttgart prior to this season I'm surprised I got to the stage of being offered the Arsenal job, but can only put it down to they are really poor. The manager they hired after I turned it down was Steve Clarke who was 2nd in the Championship :/ Similar to the Lyon job, they were a really poor side at the time despite having a rich history. Also same to Stuttgart, they were a poor side also so can only put it down to that. Have applied for loads more jobs during this save where I've been rightly pied off such as the Newcastle job on 2 occasions :D

January

Hoffenheim AWAY 1-0 (M. Beck)

Winter break resumed with a very good performance in what could have been a tricky away game. By getting the win in this fashion it goes to show me that the team has picked up where they left off and are firmly on course to push for the European places.

Wolfsburg HOME 0-1

Up against the surprise package of the season and a side we have to catch if we want to dream of a shock UCL place, we slumped to a defeat in a very narrow close game. The game showed we are just slightly off that top level still but the the gap really is not that far and with some more consistency and few more extra signings we could be a UCL side.

February

HSV AWAY 1-1 (A. Petersen)

For only the second time this season we failed to bounce back from a defeat with a win but giving it was away to a rather good side a point feels like a win.

Hannover HOME 3-1 (A. Petersen, M. Beck x2)

Back to winning ways and we did so in emphatic fashion scoring 3 but should have been 5+. Beck continued his exceptional season with a brace and he's surprising me at how much he has improved this season in particular his consistency.

Mainz HOME 2-1 (A. Petersen, W. Kvist)

Back to back wins and one we made harder work of than it should have been. After going one down we equalised before half time than scored the winner deep into the second half courtesy of club captain and vetrean Kvist coming off the bench. On the back of that game winning goal I decided to give him a new one year deal as his contract was ending this season and I'll be using him to tutor some of the top youth players over the next 18 months.

DFB-Pokal Quarter Final Union Berlin HOME 4-0 (M. Beck x2, M. Sanchez, D. Dzolan)

Up against our feeder club in the quarters they offered little resistance as we steamrolled our way to the Semi Finals. The last three goals came in the last 15 minutes but prior to that we could and should have killed the game off far sooner as we had shot after shot.

On the back of this the draw was made and we struck gold...

n64z.png

We got the only non Bundesliga side in the draw at home and it surely will mean will make the final for the 3rd time in the past decade. The last 2 finals Stuttgart have been in have resulted in defeats with the last one coming in 2017. Will surely no doubt will be Dortmund in the Final so the chances of winning it are very slim.

FC Bayern AWAY 1-3 (M. Beck)

Up against Bayern in the derby we once again showed the gap between us and the very top is so marginal it can be bridged over the summer. We both had the same amount of shots on and off target but they were simply far more clinical thanks to Muller.

Leverkusen HOME 3-1 (M. Sanchez, M. Beck x2)

We ended the month on a high by bouncing back with another impressive victory at home thanks to Beck on form. Sanchez also got himself on the score sheet as he is now playing LW after Dudu failed to impress and hopefully he can fill in the goal void left there by Garbic.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

We continue how we left off prior to the winter break and look firmly in control to finish top 7 which I'm delighted about. This season has been going so well in contrast to previous seasons and hopefully we can maintain it for the rest of the season. The last time Stuttgart finished 4th was in the 2015/16 season and they finished on 60 points so that for me has to be the aim for this season.

Great season you're having mate, hope you can keep it up!

Thanks mate :thup:

As a Gooner, I can't accept you turning that down!

However, for you, I think you've done the right thing, you're doing well in Germany!

I just didn't fancy the challenge of rebuilding them as I failed at that at Lyon and currently on the path to succeed doing that at Stuttgart and want to finish it off :) If I do leave it would have to be for a club that is in a good position not one in a poor one :)

March

Schalke AWAY 2-0 (M. Beck, J. Andoh)

What a start to the month this is. Against a side in 6th level on points with us you wouldn't have been able to tell this was the case during the game as we simply blew them out of their own ground. Arguably one of if not the best performances a team I've managed have put in. Can't fault any players, just 110% praise.

Hertha BSC HOME 4-0 (A. Petersen, O. John, M. Beck, Dudu)

Up against one of the relegation contenders of the season we set about boosting our goal difference which could be crucial come end of the season. Nice to see all four goals came from different goal scorers in particular Dudu who got his first goal for the club.

Werder Bremen AWAY 2-1 (M. Beck, Dudu)

Up against another struggling side we made this one slightly more difficult than it should have been but still came out winners thanks to goals from Beck and Dudu for the 2nd game running. However not long after Beck scored he was forced off injured and I was greeted with this news...

xbul.png

A huge blow for our European hopes and one where it now leaves us with only two players capabale of playing up front. Sanchez and Garbic who has just come back from a long term injury himself.

Gladbach AWAY 3-1 (M. Sanchez, A. Petersen, S. Kagawa)

What a way to crown off a simply magnificent month. 4 games 4 wins and 3 of them came away from home, where last season we only won 2 away all season! With Beck missing I was weary of how things would go but Sanchez stepped up to the plate to lead the line and us to victory. Garbic returned but only lasted 60 minutes after he put in a poor performance and will be a few more games yet till he gets back to the level he was at before his injury.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

Could not have asked for anything more this month bar the injury to Beck. The form we are in is simply breathtaking at the moment and we unbelievably sit joint 2nd with Bayern and only 3 points of the league leaders Dortmund. If Germany still had 4 UCL places we would be pretty much nailed on right now for UCL football next season but they lost a place the other season so only top 3 gets the places and Wolfsburg are far from out of contention although our GD does give us that extra bonus point at the moment.

April

Freiburg HOME 2-1 (M. Sanchez, R. Knoche)

8 Wins now in our last 9 league games a run that is simply magnificent. Sanchez continued his recent purple patch in front of goal with the opener before Knoche scored from a header from a corner before a late consolation was scored.

Frankfurt AWAY 0-0

Unfortunately we didn't win this game but it was still a solid point nonetheless due to Frankfurt performing very well this season. Another clean sheet this season goes to show how well these tactics are working and the team is just perfectly suited to them.

DFB-Pokal Quarter Final Kaiserslautern HOME 5-3 (M. Sanchez x5)

We flew into the final with a goal bonanza that please the fans with their monies worth. Marco Sanchez was the stand out MOTM player with an inspirational five goals to send us through to the final where we'll meet Dortmund after they beat HSV on penalties.

1860 Munchen HOME 1-0 (J. Dollberg)

A very nervous 1-0 win and the game showed it's crunch time in the season as we dropped so far back in the last 10 minutes and almost blew the win. However we managed to get the win that keeps us in contention for the UCL places.

Koln AWAY 3-1 (J. Dollberg, O. John, E. Garbic)

With this victory it now means we will definitely be playing European football next season which is a huge achievement when you consider the past two seasons we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth. Garbic signaled he is back to his full ability with his first goal since his injury but the games prior to that he had assisted 6 goals so since his injury he has added even more to his game. Dollberg also scored to continue a great debut season and further highlights what a capture he was on the free.

Bundesliga Table

Summary

Really honestly can't believe we go into the final two games of the season with the chance to win the Bundesliga. Our remaining two games are Dortmund HOME and Nurnberg AWAY so even if we win those two games it may not be enough due to the goal difference but the aim is to qualify for the UCL. We have to get a point at home to Dortmund to give ourselves a chance due to Bayern/Wolfsburg having winnable games.

May

It's crunch time and the big question is, can we do the unthinkable and win the league?!

Dortmund HOME 1-0 (R. Knoche)

Lost for words. The Schalke victory was the best performance I've experienced in FM so far but this has eclipsed it. Not only did we win one nil but we controlled the gam from start to finish and should have won by far more than 1-0!

k4d8.png

I've never dominated a big side so convincingly before and just goes to show I got my tactics spot on for this game. They literally offered nothing all game and now means we go into the final game of the season with all the pressure on Dortmund to win as we'll surely pick up all three points away to bottom of the table.

anyk.png

Worse case scenario is we could lose by a few goals and end up 4th and go from nearly winning the league to not getting UCL at all. Surely that won't happen?...

Nurnberg AWAY 2-1 (O. John, R. Mulumba)

We've done our job. We've won, we've secured UCL football going into the group stages but the big question is have we won the Bundesliga title?

oydd.png

No. So close, the table makes for painful reading :( We lost out on the title on goal difference which is hard to take. Won't ever come closer to winning the league again unless we win it. At least we made the UCL which will be a HUGE boost to the finances and will hopefully allow us to strengthen the side and consolidate ourselves as a top 3 side over the next few years as teams have failed to establish themselves as the 3rd biggest side in Germany for some time.

Bundesliga Table

d1wa.png

Stuttgarts best season since 2007 when they won the league. We are firmly back to where we belong, with the elite of German football and for the first time in my career I'll be managing in the UCL which will make my stock shoot up.

Next up is the German Cup final against Dortmund. Really hope we can end the season on a high but the game will be very difficult with Dortmund on a high and us reeling from just missing out on the league by goal difference.

Landmark

02n2.png

Landmark game for the cup final. Can I enjoy success in my 300th game in charge?

DFB-Pokal Final

Stuttgart v Dortmund

Teams

zras.png

We have a near full strength team to pick bar Beck who is still 6 weeks away from returning to training and is targeting pre season as his comeback date. Sanchez will lead the line with the hope and expectation from the Stuttgart fans that he can deliver the goods like he did in the Semi-Final. Dortmund just have Sebastian Rode missing so them too have a near full strength team to pick from. Aboubakar the 2nd highest goal scorer in the league will lead the attack for them.

Final Score

Stuttgart 1 v 2 Dortmund

pr24.png

Summary

Once again we fall just short of Dortmund in the quest to win silverware and this defeat hurts a lot. The game was very even and we took an early lead and this is where we lost the game. After taking the lead through a stunning goal by Sanchez we conceded from a free kick from an attack straight from kick off. Literally had no time to settle and that knocked us back for rest of the game. However saying that we were never out of it until the referee decided he would hand Dortmund another title by giving an outrageous penalty that resulted in me being sent from the pitch for calling the ref a c**t. Pawlak tucked away the resulting penalty and we had a mountain to climb late on. In the 89th minute we almost did grab the equaliser but Dollbergs volley from a corner smashed the crossbar and went over before it petered out to the final whistle where there was ecstasy in the Dortmund crowd and tears in the Stuttgart crowd.

We will bounce back is all I have to say on this game!

Pre Season

Transfers

ejim.png

Jonathan Cinalli RW

Patrice Bertand DM/CM

Hirotaka Katanosaka ST

Results

uz5c.png

Summary

A very small and short pre season for us this season due to the Euros/Olympics being played and the face we start our season earlier as we'll be appearing in the German Super Cup against our new rivals Dortmund.

On the transfer front we once again had very little to spend and our only cash signing was Katanosaka due to the fact he is two footed, offers depth upfront and brings in the Japanese merchandise which was needed after Kagawa left on a free. We had quite a few big earners leave which has meant our wage bill has come down from around £1.4m a week to £1.1m a week which should mean along with UCL football we could register a very good profit for the season which has been long overdue.

Imageshack still seems to be playing up for me, are anyone else having the same problems? As if you click on the links on here do they load? Don't for me :/

Supercup

Stuttgart 2 v 1 Dortmund

6ik9.png

The season curtain raiser and we got our revenge after waiting all summer to dish it out. We were no doubt helped by the game being played at our home stadium and Dortmund missing more players than us due to the Olympics, but nonetheless we still controlled the game from start to finish and got our deserved victory. It also means I secured my first trophy in Germany and hopefully it won't be the last.

August

DFB-Pokal 1st Round Pommern Greifswald AWAY 6-0 (M. Beck x2, J. Dollberg x2, R. Mulumba, E. Garbic)

For the 3rd year in a row the side we faced in the 1st round of the cup registered zero shots on target as we cruised to a comfortable win.

Union Berlin AWAY 2-2 (M. Beck x2)

First game of the season and up against a newly promoted side and our old feeder club we had to come from behind to rescue a point. No doubt Union Berlin were playing out of their skins sue to this being there first game back in the top flight for a while but we remained strong and picked up what could be a solid point.

Hoffenheim HOME 1-1 (M. Beck)

A 2nd successive draw and one that is certainly 2 points dropped.

Freiburg AWAY 1-1 (J. Dollberg)

A 3rd consecutive draw and this one we got by the skin of our teeth courtesy of a goal from Dollberg from a corner in the very last minute.

Wolfsburg HOME 2-0 (M. Beck, R. Mulumba)

Finally our first win of the season and a very good victory this one was. Up against a side we struggled against last season, we made light work of getting the three points this season and have shown we are an improved side from last season.

September

1860 Munchen AWAY 4-0 (M. Beck x3, E. Garbic)

A emphatic away victory and one that maintains our good start to the season and back to back league wins. Beck is in fine form this season and continued his excellent start with a hat trick.

Champions League Group F Man United AWAY 0-5

First Champions League for a while and up against a David Moyes side who have won the last 5 Premiership seasons and 3 UCLs in the past 6 seasons we knew this was going to be tough but not even I was expecting to receive a hammering like we did. It certainly shows how far off we are from the elite clubs and something we need to improve on.

Schalke HOME 1-0 (R. Knoche)

3rd consecutive league win where we kept a clean sheet. We have certainly improved on last season and look stronger and stronger in the league as each game passes.

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round Mainz AWAY 2-0 (N. Held, J. Boga)

With us in the UCL this season I decided to make 11 changes for the cup games but just like the games against other German sides this season we never looked like losing and two of the summer recruits got the goals.

Koln AWAY 2-1 (W. Kvist, M. Beck)

A real smash and grab. For the first time in the league this season we were outplayed and looked out of ideas till the introduction of veteran Kvist with 15 minutes to go transformed the game, first grabbing the equaliser before setting up Beck to score the winner deep into injury time.

Champions League Group F Vitesse HOME 0-1

2nd successive defeat in the UCL and one I had expected to at least get a point from. We are 4th seeds in this group but the aim was to finish at least 3rd but losing against 3rd seeds Vitesse has certainly thrown that aim down the drain.

October

Gladbach HOME 2-1 (E. Garbic, D. Dzloan)

5th win in the row and our impressive start to the season continues with another victory against a very good side.

Mainz HOME 3-1 (E. Garbic, R. Knoche, M. Beck)

An amazing 6th straight league victory with an array of goals before a late consolation. Beck once again on the score sheet but the other positive is Garbic finally finding his goalscoring form of last season.

Champions League Group F Napoli HOME 3-1 (M. Beck x2, J. Cinalli)

At the 3rd time of asking we've finally registered a UCL victory and it's one that was needed as it not only keeps our chances of finishing 3rd alive but it amazingly somehow keeps our hopes of finishing 2nd alive as you'll see from the table.

Frankfurt AWAY 1-1 (R. Knoche)

Just like the game against Freiburg earlier in the season we rescued a point with the last kick of the game via a header from a corner by Dollberg. For me this shows we have true character as we really do not know when we are beaten and opposition teams are starting to take notice of us.

Hannover HOME 2-1 (A. Petersen, H. Katanosaka)

A great way to round off an impressive first 3 months of the season than with another victory that sends us even further clear at the top of the table. Beck was rested for this game with Katanosaka making his first start in the league and he showed he is capable of goals by getting on the score sheet.

Bundesliga Table

Champions League Group F Table

Summary

What can I say. It's been a dream start to the season. We're unbeaten so far in the league, sitting top of the table by 4 points boasting a good goal difference, whilst we are through in the DFB-Pokal, 2nd in the UCL Group after 3 games and secured our first piece of silverware.

November will be the make or break for our season as we face Bayern and Dortmund in the league whilst also facing Napoli and Man Utd in the UCL so things could have the complete opposite view in a months time.

November

Champions League Group F Napoli AWAY 0-2

The start of a crucial month for us sees us all but eliminated from the UCL as our H2H record means we can't overcome them if we finish level on points so will need them to lose against Vitesse next game whilst we beat Man Utd somehow.

RB Leipzig HOME 4-1 (A. Petersen x2, M. Beck, J. Dollberg)

After the disappointing setback in Europe it's nice to bounce back with an emphatic win in the league against the league whipping boys.

FC Bayern HOME 0-2

Our biggest game of the season in the league and won I honestly don't know how we lost. We had 14 shots on target, Bayern just the three, yet Bayern were the ones that came away with all three points to end our unbeaten record in the league.

Champions League Group F Man Utd HOME 2-1 (M. Beck, J. Dollberg)

A huge upset in the UCL and one that unfortunately doesn't keep our UCL hopes alive as Napoli also won so the best we can achieve now is a Europa League place permitting we avoid defeat in the last game.

Dortmund AWAY 1-1 (J. Dollberg)

Our 2nd biggest league game of the season and one we thankfully didn't lose courtesy of yet another Dollberg goal from a corner. We certainly are looking good to finish in the top 3 again but the title I feel is still too far for us.

December

Champions League Group F Vitesse AWAY 1-1 (E. Garbic)

We've done it. We're in the Europa League courtesy of a scrappy game in Holland, but we got the point which was all that we needed.

Leverkusen HOME 4-0 (M. Beck x3, O. John)

Another emphatic league win and a game were top scorer Beck was in sensational form. A half an hour 1st half hat trick set us up on our way before John added a fourth just before half time. Real shame we didn't add even more goals in the 2nd half in a game where we ran riot.

DFB-Pokal 3rd Round Kaiserslautern HOME 4-1 (M. Sanchez x2, J. Boga x2)

Another comfortable win and we progress to the quarter finals after fielding a weaken team. Boga once again was on form in the cup and is certainly making a point of he should be starting league games.

Werder Bremen AWAY 2-1 (A. Weis og, A. Petersen)

A hard fought away win but we got the crucial three points to keep pace with Bayern at the top thanks to an own goal to drag us back into the game before Petersen sealed the win with a stunning strike.

HSV HOME 1-0 (A. Petersen)

That's it. We go into the winter break on the back of 4 straight wins with the confidence high. Roll on the new year where things are looking good.

Bundesliga Table

6nl5.png

We go into the winter break in a dream position of 2nd but more importantly 8 points clear of 4th as we go in the hunt of back to back UCL campaigns. The reason I can't see us winning the league is down to the fact we've have an unbelievably good start to the season where we've lost just once in the first half of the season yet still find ourselves behind Bayern. Only way we'll win the league is if they slip up and we have a second half of the season like we had the first. 78 points would be enough to win the league.

Champions League Group F

gqu6.png

We finished 3rd and drop into the Europa League where we've been giving a difficult tie against Shakhtar. If we win that we either face Rapid Vienna or Roma in the last 16.

Winter Window

Disaster struck in the January window where on 1st day of the window open Bayern came in with a £30m offer for my star player Dollberg...

z1wg.png

As you can see he is of immense ability so I turned down the offer, however this did not go down well with Dollberg who was angry I denied him the chance to hold talks with Bayern. As a result he refused to discuss a new contract and with 18 months left on his contract I was left with no choice :( :(

blwe.png

In the end I had to sell him for a club record fee but I made sure it wasn't to Bayern out of principle for originally unsettling the player. He'll be a huge loss and no doubt ends our title hopes so the aim now is to finish in the top 3.

January

Hoffenheim AWAY 0-0

Freiburg HOME 5-4 (E. Garbic x2, M. Beck x2, A. Petersen)

Wolfsburg AWAY 0-0

February

DFB-Pokal Quarter Final Dusseldorf HOME 4-2 (L. Ortega x2, O. John, W. Ludwigs)

1860 Munchen HOME 4-1 (E. Garbic x2, M. Sanchez, A. Petersen)

Europa League 1st Knockout Round Shakhtar HOME 2-1 (M. Beck, A. Petersen)

Schalke AWAY 0-2

Europa League 1st Knockout Round Shakhtar AWAY 2-1 (M. Beck, E. Garbic) 4-2 Agg win

Koln HOME 1-0 (A. Petersen)

Union Berlin HOME 4-2 (M. Beck, A. Petersen, M. Sanchez, W. Ludwigs)

Gladbach AWAY 1-2 (M. Beck)

March

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Roma HOME 1-1 (J. Cinalli)

Mainz AWAY 1-0 (E. Garbic)

Europa League 2nd Knockout Round Roma AWAY 1-4 (M. Sanchez) 2-5 Agg loss

Frankfurt HOME 1-2 (M. Beck)

Hannover AWAY 4-1 (M. Beck x2, A. Petersen, E. Garbic)

Bundesliga Table

Summary

To start off with, sorry for the late update and the lack of description in this update, been real busy with work during the week and Christmas party/shopping at the weekend :thup:

Back to the season and my word it's been a real slog these past few months. The loss of Dollberg has certainly had an impact on our results as the defence is no longer as solid as it once was plus we're missing his crucial goals in the tight games and are losing them such as the Frankfurt result. In the Europa League I conceded defeat against Roma after an impressive two legged win over Shakhtar due to the team being so knackered. I was left with no choice but to send loads on holidays and rest the others by playing the youths so to draw the home leg was an achievement but the gulf in quality showed in the 2nd leg as we went out.

In the DFB-Pokal we progressed to the semi-finals where we'll meet Koln at home with the chance to make our 2nd consecutive final where we'll most likely face Bayern :(

In the league things are looking rather tight. We've slipped off the pace in terms of the title race which was expected. Although we still face Bayern soon away, there is hope we can win the league but I honestly can't see us winning our last 6 games which I feel will be needed in order to win the league. So the attention switches to the race for the top 3 where we have a nice 6 point gap over our challengers. Given our run in the last 6 games goes RB Leipzeg H, Bayern A, Dortmund H, Leverkusen A, Wolfsburg H, HSV A, things will be close as there's 2 easy wins there I feel (Red Bull and Wolfsburg) whilst there's 4 almighty tough games so if we can get 10 points from the last 6 games I feel that'll be good enough for the top 3 as I can't see Schalke or Dortmund winning all their remaining games.

April

RB Leipzeg HOME 5-1 (M. Beck x3, O. John, E. Garbic)

Our title push hopes continued with an emphatic victory over Red Bull with Beck grabbing a hat trick to take the lead in the golden boot race. In terms of our top four hopes, Schalke lost so we are now in poll position to secure a top 3 spot and UCL football for the 2nd season running.

FC Bayern AWAY 2-3 (R. Mulumba, E. Garbic)

Our title hopes are over and it was a game where Bayern showed their class by being far more clinical. Once again we have shown just to be that small bit behind the big too which can be attributed to squad depth which is something we can hopefully correct over the summer.

DFB-Pokal Semi Final Koln HOME 1-1 (3-4 Pens) (R. Mulumba)

Heart breaking exit from the cup on penalties which was made even worse by the fact Bayern lost in the other semi final so our chance of winning the competition won't ever be as better as this season. We just couldn't find the killer goal in normal time and our long season took it's toll in ET as we went through the emotions before losing in the cruelest way possible.

Dortmund HOME 0-2

Back to back defeats against the big boys which is a bitter pill to swallow. Our hopes of finishing runners up is now out of our hands but we still remain on course for a top three finish.

May

Leverkusen AWAY 1-1 (M. Beck)

A point was all that was needed to secure top 3 and although it's not mathematically sealed it would require a huge collapse by use for us to blow it.

Weder Bremen HOME 1-0 (M. Sanchez)

A scrappy victory but it's one that somehow puts us into 2nd and the runners up spot in our own hands going into the last game of the season. Sanchez got the winner which will most likely be his last goal for the club as he'll be sold in the summer after a disappointing season and career at Stuttgart.

HSV AWAY 2-2 (E. Garbic, O. John)

2 goal lead blown in the second half and with it our 2nd place hopes thrown away with the lead. We do however finish 3rd which is still a magnificent achievement and just makes me and the whole squad even more determined to go that one step further next season.

Bundesliga Table

mgbt.png

Summary

In terms of the table the stand out shock is Wolfsburg. They pushed me all the way last season and finished 4th, missing out on the title by 3 points and UCL football by goal difference but this season they've collapsed in spectacular fashion and find themselves playing Bundesliga.2 football next season. They have one player at the club (Halliovic) who I'll try and poach in the summer if funds allow me too.

Overall for us I think it's been a season we can be proud off. We done okish in Europe so will boost our ranking in Europe which will hopefully put us among the seeded sides in the UCL play offs which will be crucial whilst in the league we had a fairly consistent season, although we did tail off after the winter break due to the sale of Dollberg. The only disappointing aspect of the season was the DFB-Pokal where we should have made the final for the 2nd season running so next season we'll be making that a big priority as I really want to win a trophy.

In terms of what the plans are in the summer, I have quite a few players lined up who I want to bring in whilst a few big name players will be leaving as I aim to give the team a bit of a freshen up. The midfield area will be an area where a good amount of money will be spent as we lacked serious depth their this season just gone.

Transfers

h3fe.png

For the first time in my managerial career I've had the chance to spend a substantial amount largely thanks to the sale of Dollberg in January. Depth, but not just any old depth, depth with quality was that was needed urgently and I feel I've adressed that situation with the signings I've made this summer. We brought in £18m from sales so we still have around £10m to play around with but I'll be leaving that till the January window just in case we need an urgent signing.

Some of our biggest money signings have been German youngsters from German clubs as I seek a more German identity to the side as over the years that was starting to slip more and more. Mukendi is the standout signing and he comes into a position where John excelled in last season so will be interesting to see who will nail that spot come start of the season.

Ross Barkley could well turn out to be the signing of the season picking him up for £0. He is the joint highest earner on £100k but like all high earners, he is on a short term contract for 2 seasons.

Micheal Mukendi CM

The CM AP, he'll offer great competition with John for that position. Still young and has room for improvement which will hopefully happen.

Markus Hofmann LW/ST

The young winger that came from rivals Schalke, he'll offer competition with Garbic on the left who last season was no where near his consistent levels as the season before so hopefully this will make him buck up his ideas.

Ralph Kwame CB

Another young German who is the replacement for Dollberg after he was deemed surplus to requirements at Dortmund following his arrival. Hoping he'll arrive with a point to prove against his former club and form a formidable partnership at the back with fellow German Knoche.

Bjorn Helweg RW/ST

The last young German recruit. Cinalli left this summer as he didn't play often on the RW do the superb form of Petersen so I sold him as his wages were high for a back up. Helwig is on far less wagers and offers more German to the squad whilst still having the ability to push Petersen.

Saverio Supino CM

The box to box CM that will be vying with Barkley for that role along with club captain and vetrean Kvist. He epitomises the quality in depth we finally have in the CM area where there could be times he won't even make the bench.

Hernan Finarolli RB

Potentially the most exciting signing of the summer. He is currently at 1.5* ability with room to improve by 3*, yet he is already more than good enough to be starting RB for us. Hoping he'll improve dramatically like his fellow countryman Dollberg did whilst at us.

Pre Season

7jmk.png

After a slow and less than impressive start to pre season we found our gears towards the end finishing off with an emphatic victory in the Stuttgarter Derby. Manfred Beck looks like he's eager to improve upon last season again, just like he did the previous season and after knocking back insulting bids of £20m from Monaco for him, I fully expect to see bigger offers come January if he is do that that. Mukendi and John both impressed during pre season when they played so will be a tough call who to start come the first league game but one I relish.

Summary

Looking forward to the start of the season. The team has real quality all over the pitch whilst also having the perfect balance between experience and youthfulness. The UCL qualifying draw will be interesting as I'm praying to God we'll be a seeded side otherwise we could find ourselves with a big challenge to qualify. If we do qualify I'm hoping we show a better account of ourselves than we did last season.

18 months is a heck of a long time to give up on keeping a star player!
That's what I thought. Couldn't you have waited until the summer at least?

I was tempted to reject the offers and wait till the summer, but Dollbergs morale dropped to very poor after rejecting the initial offer and I felt that could result to poor performances. Plus if I kept him till the summer, although it could have improved our title chances, if he still wanted out come end of the season the money we would have received would have been no where near the £35m we received in January :( Was a tough call to make and I'm hoping that this season will prove it to be the correct one with the quality in depth we've been allowed to add as a result.

Congrats on qualifying for the Champions League,hopefully you can find the right signings to help you qualify for the group stages.

Thanks pal :thup: Just hoping we are seeded to make things are bit more simpler, don't fancy mega tough games so early on in the season.

July

DFB-Pokal 1st Round Offenbach AWAY 4-0 (D. Dzloan x2, H. Katanosaka, E. Garbic)

The season started off with the usual German Cup 1st round easy game, but this year we were giving more of a test as we were drawn with a good 3rd division outfit instead of some amateur side this time. However we still coasted to an easy victory with the CB Dzloan leading the way with a brace.

August

Freiburg AWAY 2-2 (E. Gabric, H. Katanosaka)

First league game of the season and it was almost a defeat, but thanks to an inspired 2nd half fight back. 1st half we started off so poorly allowing Freiburg two easy goals to take a lead into half time. The game changed once Beck was hauled off for Katanosaka who helped set up Garbic to pull it back within one, before he himself scored a delightful chip to rescue a point.

Karlshure HOME 1-0 (E. Gabric)

2nd game of the season we came up against our fiercest rivals Karlshure who we had not met for way over a decade. This game however for the Karlshure fans will be one to forget as they were outplayed from the word go only registering 4 shots all game compared to our 39. Luckily for them Beck once again had another shocking performance in front of goal and it took a wonder strike from Garbic to seal all three points.

Champions League Best Placed Play Off Napoli AWAY 0-2

We got giving the hardest possible draw in the UCL qualifying round and it was reflected in the result. We couldn't cope with the atmosphere or what Napoli had to offer and in the end I'm relieved to come away with only a 2-0 loss as it keeps our hopes alive by the slimmest of chances.

HSV AWAY 0-1

Our poor league performances continued here as we once again turned in another poor display, with Beck leading the way in the poor stakes. We went behind after 12 minutes before going a man down in the 31st minute but we somehow hung on in there by the one goal till the the final whistle.

Champions League Best Placed Play Off Napoli HOME 3-0 (R. Barkley, M. Beck, E. Garbic) 3-2 Agg

What a comeback! Simply sensational! The fans made the Mercedes-Benz Arena a fortress of sound that easily rivaled the last leg and just like how we couldn't cope there, Napoli couldn't cope here. However they still had chances to win the games, when at 2-0 (Beck finally bloody scored) before we got our third they hit the crossbar, and even after we scored the 3rd to send us through, Napoli still had a chance cleared off the line i stoppage time which would have sent them through on away goals. In the end we progressed and got the much needed UCL revenue, just now need to pick up the form in the league.

Bayern HOME 0-2

Another defeat in the league and another poor display in front of goal. We've not had the best of starts in the league and it doesn't look like it'll get any better with Dortmund and Leverkusen up next. Our title hopes could be over before the end of September which will be a disaster. Think I maybe signed too many new players as they're struggling to get used to our tactics and style of football whilst CB is still an issue as Kwarme who I signed to play CB is out injured for 2 months and still yet to kick a ball for us having been previously injured before that one :(

Bundesliga Table

Not the best of starts and in terms of the title it looks like it could be over very quickly. The Dortmund game is key next as we must win that to get ourselves back on track and more importantly back near those UCL places as HSV look like being the surprise package this season.

Champions League Group G

Our chances of progressing through this group are very slim. Got a top side in the shape of Spurs with one of the best players currently in the world in Lamela whilst Juventus will be tough opponents plus the fact we do poor against Italian sides. Having Tbilisi in the group though is a welcome relief as will surely mean we'll get 3rd with ease which will mean we can at least continue our European campaign, but considering the start to the season we've had I'm not taking anything for granted, especially with the fact we play them away 1st game after the Dortmund game so morale could be low.

September

Dortmund AWAY 0-6

The month started off in terrible fashion as I suffered my worse defeat as manager against one of our title rivals away from home. A truly disgraceful performance.

Champions League Group G Dinamo Tbilisi AWAY 4-0 (H. Katanosaka x2, R. Barkley, H. Finarolli)

First UCL group game and it brought about the result that was expected. Fully expect every side in this group to comfortably beat them and we were the first ones to do so with an easy win.

Leverkusen HOME 2-2 (H. Katanoaka, E. Garbic)

Yet again another poor showing in the league and this time it involved us blowing a two goal lead which now makes our chances of making top 3 slimmer by the week.

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round Kaiserslautern HOME 2-1 (M. Beck, B. Helwig)

Some rotation for the cup game and we almost made a hash of things again but just about scrapped through. Beck the only positive as he finally got himself on the scoresheet.

Frankfurt HOME 1-0 (M. Mukendi)

A very undeserved victory here and one we won with the very last kick of the game. Our form in the Bundesliga this season has been nothing short off shocking and needs improving urgently!

Champions League Group G Tottenham HOME 3-2 (B. Helwig x2, E. Garbic)

A superb result in the UCL and one that gives us belief we can qualify from this group. By beating the top seeds it now gives us confidence to believe we can beat anyone in the UCL. The youngster Helwig grabbed his opportunity with both hands with a marvelous individual performance.

October

Mainz AWAY 1-2 (M. Beck)

Another defeat in the league and one that comes again against a poor side where we should be winning with ease. Poor finishing coupled with silly defensive mistakes are really hampering our season so far.

Hannover HOME 3-3 (M. Beck x2, S, Supino)

More points frustratingly dropped in the league especially after we led 3-1 at half time. It just seems like the team are no longer responding to me in the league which is a major worry. Beck however has improved his game in the past weeks and rediscovered his goal scoring touch.

Champions League Group G Juventus AWAY 1-0 (M. Beck)

We may be poor in the league, but my God we are on fire in the UCL at the moment. This game though I will never know how we won. Play it 100 times, 99 times I would lose but today was our day. Juventus had 20+ shots with around 10 on target whilst we had 2 shots with 1 on target couple with only 29% possession. Yet we still won thanks to a controversial penalty late on.

Werder Bremen AWAY 2-0 (B. Djimsiti og, M. Beck)

Finally a victory in the league away to another poor side, but once again it wasn't a good performance and I'm just relieved we got the three points.

Bundesliga Table

Champions League Group G

Job Interview

xul2.png

Out of the blue, Spurs have come calling after their manager Moniz left to take the Bayern job after Pep left to go to Spain. I have decided to attend the interview to see what they got to offer.

Job Offer

9vi8.png

After a successful Interview I've been offered the job to take over at Spurs. This is a really big call, I've enjoyed my time rebuilding Stuttgart but this season in the league just feels like I've took them as far as I can and someone else needs to come in with fresh ideas. The UCL form is tempting me to stay though, but Spurs are a big side and one that is certainly an upward step.

Tottenham Hotspur

zxgb.png

1vdo.png

League: Premiership

Stadium: 56250 all seater

Value: £829m

Expectation: 4th (Currently 8th)

Squad

fsqa.png

That's the squad I inherit where they're blessed in the attacking department but in defence are very poor. This is how they would line up in my tactics that I used at Stuttgart but I haven't decided yet if to use them again or to cater for the attacking talents we have and make some new tactics. Injuries and fitness are a major concern and we have no funds to buy players in the winter window although I could make a loan signing or two to create some depth to last till the summer. They also have a couple of very talented kids in the youth team who could end up being a regular feature in the side.

October

Bolton AWAY 1-2 (E. Lamela)

First game of my Spurs reign and it ended in defeat in an evenly game that came down to us not taking our chances. I went with my Stuttgart tactics to see how they fared and they did ok but for the next game I'll try a different tactic to see how they fair before deciding on which ones to roll out with full time.

Premiership

Our aim is to get into that top four and at the moment we sit 6 points off which is not disastrous but also not helpful. We have some ground to make up quick.

Archived