Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

Hi guys, sorry but I wont be online tonight for the game as I have a romantic evening planned with my lady. Enjoy the game! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Under the thumb, under the thumb. icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QPR2.png

Welcome to another installment from the R’s

Matches

QPR 1 Burnley 0

Only Goal in this one came from a rebound Holm’s shot hit the crossbar and Hristov was there to tap in on 39mins,Sinclair missed a penalty and Burnley had Andy Todd sent off on 57mins

Att 14154

MOM Jensen 8 Burnley

Plymouth 2 QPR 3

Maestri scored a Hatrick 5,22,53mins before Plymouth hit back with 2 nice goals Berto 60, and Evans 63 but it wasn’t enough to take down the R’s.

Att 18341

MOM Maestri 10

QPR 1 Wigan 1

Sammy Lee took charge of this one 2 late goals in this encounter Holm on 82 for QPR and then Ellington in the dying seconds for Wigan.

Att 17360

MOM David Wright 8

Coventry 2 QPR 2

Barrett opened the scoring for Coventry with only 11mins gone then Doyle added Coventry’s 2nd on 19mins before a Hristov penalty on 44mins and Koppinen’s equalizer on 66min tied the game.

Att 15469

MOM Hristov 8

QPR 3 Brighton 1

Rowlands opened on 6th min before Carpenter equalized on 32mins, then Brown 55mins and Hristov 65mins sealed the win and what a way to finish.

Att 17837

MOM Hristov 8

Top Scorers

Hristov 16

Maestri 14

Rowlands 6

Well after a season of ups and many downs 15th place is a excellent finish for the R’s Sammy Lee did well as my assistant when called upon but he is moving on to bigger things and his replacement will be Saviecevic the former Ac Milan player.

Stay tuned for more from the R's next season

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rouchie:

Hi guys, sorry but I wont be online tonight for the game as I have a romantic evening planned with my lady. Enjoy the game! icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Under the thumb, under the thumb. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're just jealous, cos I got a lady and you got your left hand icon15.gif

barrowpeter.jpg

Southport..(A) 16th April 05

A big game all round Southport were still trying to find the points that would give them the chance to stay in the play off places at the end of the season, and for us it was the points that would make us win the championship and go up as champs.

The game starts off at a frantic pace as both teams try to get the upper hand on each other. So early in the game both teams have chances to take the lead but its down to Shandran to open up the scoring with a ball that had come from Knight in his own half who places a ball for Shandran to run onto which has split the home defence in 2. 1-0 after only 6 minutes of the game gone.

The first half could go either way as both teams have chances to score but we went into the break 1-0 and as it stands Champions as Vauxhall Motors are only drawing their game at this moment in time.

Into the 2nd half and again it is an open game but this time Shandran pays back the complement to Knight as he crosses from the left wing and finds Knight out jump Davis in the defence to make the game 2-0. 68 minutes gone and we are on our way to the promised land.

With a bit of good defending from my team we see out the remainder of the match and find at the end of full time we have been made champions as Motors could only get a draw.

Now for the trip home and somehow I think it aint going to be a dry trip home and a quiet one at that.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Shandran 6, Knight 68...

MoM Knight… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

The fans reaction

barrowchamps.jpg

Staylbridge ...(A) 23rd April 05

Now we have won the league it was a chance to try a few new things and give the fringe players a run out.

I wish I knew now that i should have done before as I would not have made so many changes to the team as this seems to have upset the rhythm of the play as some players did not really know what or where they were suppose to be at certain times of the game.

We give a stupid free kick just outside the box that is bang centre of the goal. Now which way will Whealing place his kick ? to the left or right of the wall?

What he does is he gets the ball up and down so fast that my keeper is still looking for him when the ball was in the net to his left. 1-0 down 6 minutes gone. We have been behind before in games band come back to get a point or win the game, but I have a feeling that this aint going to be our day today.

That old fruit nut saying has come into my head ‘We now have a mountain to climb’ as we go behind to another goal but this time we are playing in the 2nd half as its only 49 minutes gone and Eastwood had strolled in unmarked at the back post to knock in the ball.

Things go from bad to worse to bad again as we give away 2 penalties only for our keeper to save them both.

So we end the game defeated and more so our first defeat as champions. Let’s hope we can finish of the season on a high at least we will be at home in front of our own fans

End result …2-0 Defeat

Scorers none.

MoM Holmes … 8/10 … Staylbridge

Position in League 1st

Altrincham ...(H) 30th April 05

We have a big party going on here today and even though we are playing a team in the top 6 we still have enough class to see out the win today.

We were made to work for everything we wanted today but got the breaks at the end of each half that just killed off the visitors. We got the first and only goal of the 1st half when we played the ball in front of the Alts defence trying to pull the defence out of position, we seemed to get a bit of a sight of the goal by doing this and Paterson let rip with a 25 yarded into the roof of the net that left their keeper clutching at straws.

Our top goal scorer got in on the act right on the 90th minute when Parke found the net from a cross from the right. 2-0 games set and match.

Now to get down to some holiday suns shine and recharge the batteries for the next season

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Paterson 44, Parke 90

MoM Paterson… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

The final table

finalleaguetable.jpg

So with the season finished and now other teams are going through the where did it go wrong routine? I have been approached by 3 teams for them to be their manager for next season

Barnet, Rushden, Wycome have all show interest in taking me on board for the next season. Its nice to be thought of but jumping ship to a ship that’s in a worst state than my team aint going to wash with me at this stage, maybe the next team that comes in for my services might be the one to take me away from Holker Street.

Saying this you never know what is just round the corner, and being the only human manager in the lower leagues I might just have to move upwards and onwards as fast as I can to put my wits against the fellow human managers.

The tactic used this season

barrowsteamtactics.jpg

Players stats this season

Goalkeepers

M Ghent 24

A player that was bought in as cover to the team and soon stood out to be my number one after coming in to the team after an injury to my then that was 1st choice keeper. Will be my number one again next season

Apps 40 Av Rating 6.90 Goals 0

S Bishop 34

Unlucky to get injured so early on in the season and never really recovered from it played most of the season warming his backside on the bench and will be doing so next season

Apps 4 Av Rating 6.75 Goals 0

Defenders

G Heffernan 21

A player that was already at the club and only played a bit part in the campaign. Plays at right back and was only cover to this position this season, could be one of the players that might be on the move next season as he is down the pecking order and I feel he won’t be able to hold down this place. He is a young player so he has time on his side.

Apps 9(1) Av Rating 7.40 Goals 0

J Kitamirike 21

A player that came to me on a free and soon stated his place at right back. Solid in defence and quick on attack, one of the finds for me this season. Next season he will be straight in the team at right back.

Apps 32(1) Av Rating 7.39 Goals 1

D Carns 19

Unlucky not to get a few more games this season can play along the back line in any position. Might be one to watch for next season

Apps 10(5) Av Rating 7.00 Goals 0

J Shepheard 24

A player that came to me near the end of the season plays at left back and will give a good fight for this position next season.

Apps 4(1) Av Rating 7.40 Goals 0

S Maxfield 28

A player that took over the left back spot but was forced into this position as he like to play further up field. Never let me down this season but then again he did not have anyone to push him for his place. Might find he has to up the ante next season to keep his place in the team, but very capable of doing this.

Apps 32 Av Rating 7.16 Goals 0

R Trees 27

Another free player to come to me, was unlucky with a few injuries that stopped him making a run in the team. Juries out on this player might be better to let him go to another team to further his career. Can only see him being a back up player next season

Apps 8 (10) Av Rating 6.67 Goals 0

K Colley 21

Played his part this season when he has had to come in and cover in defence. One for the future but will be back up cover again next season

Apps 7 (3) Av Rating 7.20 Goals 0

J Cotterill 22

So unlucky to get a suspension when he was on top of his game that kept him out of the centre of the defence. Lost his place to Thurston and never really got it back. Adequate for cover for next season will find he might be a bit part player at the back again.

Apps 11 (1) Av Rating 6.92 Goals 0

M Salmon 30

The captain of the team and the rock in which the defence is built around. One of the players of the season for me and has the mental strength to keep the defence in line when under pressure. Always the first name on the team sheet and would be severely missed if out for a long time.

Apps 33 Av Rating 7.79 Goals 3

M Thurston 25

Came into the team and formed the back bone of the defence with Salmon. A solid player who will also be a regular next season at the centre of the back 4

Apps 30 (1) Av Rating 7.10 Goals 1

P Lynott 21

The Roy Keane of the team. Plays as a DCM and made this position his own. A must player for my team and another player that will be going no where next season apart from going out on the pitch and playing his heart out for Barrow

Apps 41 (1) Av Rating 7.36 Goals 1

Midfielders

G Skelton 25

Came in on a free and played well to start but lost his place in the centre of the park due to an injury. Will be a player that will have his fair share of games next season but not a player that will play week in week out

Apps 19 (10) Av Rating 7.28 Goals 4

T O’Donovan 20

Has come to me as cover for my right side of midfield late on in the season. Will only be a bit part player for the next season, but one for the future

Apps 2 (1) Av Rating 7.00 Goals 0

K Darlow 22

Plays on the left of midfield and was brought in to play there as back up to Paterson. Did not do himself or the team justice when he made his debut, might have to take a very close look at the player for next season. Might find himself on the transfer market so soon after coming here to me.

Apps 1 Av Rating 5.00 Goals 0

L Sharpe 33

Thought he would light up the left of the midfield with his vast experience but sadly was found wanting a few to many times for me. Can still do a job for me out on the wing but wont be first choice in this position. Back up player next season

Apps 19 (9) Av Rating 6.86 Goals 2

J Paterson 32

Fought off the battle with Sharpe to make the left wing his own, might have only a season or 2 left in him but will be still have a big part to play for me next season

Apps 20 (8) Av Rating 7.61 Goals 3

G Anthony 29

Was at the club when I got there and a rock in the midfield this season. His passing and vision had set up a few goals this season and hopefully will do the same next season. One of the stars of the team

Apps 37 (3) Av Rating 7.75 Goals 8

R Ashington 22

A youthful player who came to me on a free and made the right flank his own. Has many a good year in front of him and is a joy to coach. A big star of the future for barrow

Apps 31 (7) Av Rating 7.42 Goals 7

S Tolley 20

Was brought in near the end of the season to give Ashington a fight for his place. Can play upfront if needed but will find that he will have to work hard to get into the team. He will have his fair share of games next season

Apps 4(5) Av Rating 7.44 Goals 1

Forwards

M Kewley 20

A player that was back up all season to the strikers. Found it hard to break into the team and will do next season but he does have time on his side

Apps 1(10) Av Rating 6.91 Goals 2

G Knight 24

Had to fight to get into the team and was always up for the challenge. Will be used in rotation again next season with Shandran as the other striker to partner Parke up front. Never let me down this season even though he must have thought he could keep his spot with Parke

Apps 20(8) Av Rating 7.43 Goals 9

S Parke 33

The main man up front for Barrow. His goals had sent us up as champions in the league. Time might not be on his side but his wise head and his vast knowledge of the game will help the younger players of the team. Was vice captain and will be for next season. The fans have voted Parke as their player of the season and no one would disagree with that. Lets hope his legs hold out for next season, this season he was just oar some.

Apps 41 Av Rating 7.56 Goals 33

A Shandran 23

A player that also came on a free to me and never let me down. Will find he will be playing a waiting game with Knight to see who partners Parke for next season. Needs to be a bit more confident to become a class act for the club, but he has plenty of time on his hands for this to happen.

Apps 25(4) Av Rating 7.10 Goals 9

Other players have played in the team at some point but will not be taking any part in next seasons games so have all be put up for sale in the hope to reduce the wage bill.

So there you have it. My first season over and what a season we have had. Now for the next one…..

More to follow….

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chef:

Barnet, Rushden, Wycome have all show interest in taking me on board for the next season. Its nice to be thought of but jumping ship to a ship that’s in a worst state than my team aint going to wash with me at this stage, maybe the next team that comes in for my services might be the one to take me away from Holker Street.

Saying this you never know what is just round the corner, and being the only human manager in the lower leagues I might just have to move upwards and onwards as fast as I can to put my wits against the fellow human managers.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I not Human then? I dont imagine my Crawley managed promotion in my absence?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Johnston:

Well Andy, how did I get on then? Did you manage to inspire my players to survival? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I managed to secure 16th position for you so you stayed up ready to do better next season. icon_razz.gif

Hartlepool? isn't that up north somewhere? bollix! Pete, your designer skills will be needed again for my banner please m8! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have a fecking clue where it is but your in League One ready to do battle with Dave I hope. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by David Johnston:

Well Andy, how did I get on then? Did you manage to inspire my players to survival? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I managed to secure 16th position for you so you stayed up ready to do better next season. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, and how did you do? Did you win the league in the end?

Well I managed to secure 16th position for you so you stayed up ready to do better next season. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, and how did you do? Did you win the league in the end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I won the league on the last day of the season so I ended up with a superb double. icon_cool.gif

did you andy ? did you do the double as we dont know as there is no update to let us all know icon_biggrin.gif

as for you Rouchie you have moved up a few leagues and yor old team finished about 8th i think and your new team finished mid table i think.

and yes a new banner will be on its way for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chef:

did you andy ? did you do the double as we dont know as there is no update to let us all know icon_biggrin.gif

as for you Rouchie you have moved up a few leagues and yor old team finished about 8th i think and your new team finished mid table i think.

and yes a new banner will be on its way for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was in the middle of doing it last night then I somehow managed to lose it. Your just jealous I won more trophies than you Pete!!! icon_biggrin.gif

My update will be here before Thursday's session in all it's double glory rest assured. icon_cool.gif

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer – The Double Winning Edition

That’s right folks, Hepburn has led Sheffield Wednesday to a glorious double in his first season in charge at Hillsborough and his name is on the lips of every Sheffield Wednesday fan. Even Hepburn himself cannot believe what has happened and how quickly he has become a hero in the eyes of everyone associated with the club. The season has had its ups and downs but in the end the Owls came out on top on two fronts. Having already secured the LDV Vans Trophy, Hepburn’s men secured the League One title on the last day of the season and then it was party time. Here is how it all happened…..

The League Campaign

A topsy turvy league campaign ended in the Owls finishing as champions for the first time in their illustrious history and boy did the fans enjoy it. How they finished champions is anybody’s guess as early season they were struggling to find the back of their opponents net and were languishing in the bottom half of the table for long periods but they fought their way up the table with an incredible run of form and onto the league title. Fellow challengers Tranmere and Hull just could not handle the pressure being applied to them by the Owls and they took full advantage of this. Here is how the Owls finished as champions…..

Sheffield Wednesday v Hull – (H) – 3-1

Every game was like a cup final for the Owls at the moment, as they knew they had to keep winning to challenge both Hull and Tranmere. This was a huge opportunity for the Owls as they welcomed Hull to Hillsborough for a top of the table clash. The owls went into this on a great run of form and were out to avenge an earlier defeat handed out to them by Hull at the KC Stadium. The first half was a tense and tight affair with really not much happening in terms of goal scoring opportunities but all that changed in the second half. At the start of the second half Eoin Jess missed a glorious opportunity to put the Owls ahead by missing a penalty after Costa was brought down in the box. They had other chances to score after that but Hull surprisingly took the lead with twenty minutes to go through a Delroy Facey header. Hepburn made a couple of tactical alterations after the Hull opener and it worked to great effect. Nine minutes from time Eoin Jess made up for the penalty miss by equalising for the Owls and then they went in search of a winner. It was another penalty that decided this game and Jamie Victory stepped up this time and coolly slotted the penalty home to put the Owls 2-1 ahead with only a couple of minutes remaining. Hull were totally deflated now and the Owls went up the pitch again and Isaac Okoronkwo rubbed salt into the Hull wounds by adding a third from a great header. Cue absolute bedlam at Hillsborough and Hepburn ran onto the pitch and celebrated in a similar style to that of his footballing idol Sir Alex Ferguson back when Man United were chasing their first Premiership crown ironically against Sheffield Wednesday at Old Trafford. What an emotional game of football that was.

Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City – (H) – 4-2

The big games kept on rolling for the Owls as they entertained Dave Johnston’s Bristol City side at Hillsborough. In action packed game with plenty of goal scoring opportunities for both teams but dominated by the Owls pushing for promotion to the Championship. Hepburn’s men raced into a two goal before half an hour had passed with two goals from the brilliant Eoin Jess. What a bargain he has been for the Owls. Bristol City then pulled one back almost immediately with their first real attack of the match and it was game on again suddenly. Luis Costa then restored the two goal lead with a superb goal. The second half was a bit of a non event as the owls dominated trying to find more goals against a stubborn Bristol defence. Bristol City managed to pull another goal back with only minutes remaining to try and put the Owls under pressure but in true style the Owls went up the pitch and added a fourth through Hamshaw to finally seal a great win for the Owls.

Brentford v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 3-2

After a couple of superb home performances it was back onto the road for the Owls away at Brentford. Hepburn’s men made quite a meal of this performance as Brentford would just not lie down and be rolled over. Ndumbu-Nsungu got the Owls off to the perfect start with a goal after only 30 seconds and the fans thought they were in for an easy game. To Brentford’s credit they came back at the Owls fast from the start without really troubling Lucas in the Sheffield Wednesday goal until the twentyth minute when they were rewarded for their persistence. They could have added to their lead but for some glaring missing in front of goal and it was missed chances they would be made to pay for. Four minutes into the second half young Glenn Whelan scored his first ever goal for the Owls with a superb shot form the edge of the box and it was game over really. The Owls added a third to their lead through another new boy Steven McLean on as a sub for Ndumbu-Nsungu fifteen minutes from the end. Brentford kept plucking away and got another right on full time due to some lazy defending from the owls but it didn’t matter in the end.

Sheffield Wednesday v Walsall – (H) – 2-0

For the second time this season Walsall really stretched the Owls to their limits and were the better team in this game but got no reward as the Owls still came out on top. Crucial goals from Okoronkwo and Costa gave the owls the win but Hepburn was not all happy or comfortable throughout the ninety minutes as Walsall put on a great performance and deserved more from this game.

Blackpool v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 2-1

For the second game in succession the Owls were put under a fair bit of pressure and did play all that well but again managed to pull out a victory and at this stage of the season that is all that is required. Blackpool had a fair number of chances but David Lucas in the Owl's goal was again in superb form to keep Pool at bay for long spells. He could do nothing about Blackpool taking the lead through Keigan Parker after only thirteen minutes but the Owls stepped up their level and managed an equaliser through the misfortune of Peter Clarke on the half hour mark. Both teams had chances but the game was settled late in the second half through that man Luis Costa who has developed a habit of scoring big goals for the Owls. Again not a great performance but they did enough to win.

Sheffield Wednesday v Hartlepool – (H) – 1-0

A game dominated from start to finish by the Owls but only had one goal to show for their efforts. Chance after chance was passed up and the fans were beginning to wonder if the goal was ever going to come. Up stepped Luis Costa again to score another vital goal to keep the Owls on course for promotion. Relief was felt all round the stadium after his goal went in after Hartlepool had shown stubborn resistance and looked like earning a point.

Oldham v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 2-2

A game the owls defence and goalkeeper might want to forget about as they cost their team two vital points in the race for promotion. It had all started so well for the Owls as Eoin Jess slotted home the opening goal against a team struggling at the bottom of League One. With their first attack of the game Oldham equalised due to a mistake from Okoronkwo who thought he was Zinedine Zidane in a moment of madness. Then to make matters worse Lucas decides to gift them a second goal by letting a harmless shot slip through his hands. It was crazy stuff from the Owls defence. Again it was Costa who scored the equaliser four minutes before half time to spare the blushes of the bungling defence. In the second half they looked far more solid and no silly mistakes were made mainly due to the fact the Owls were on the attack constantly in search of a third but it never came due to some woeful finishing and good defending from Oldham. A game that should have been won in all honesty with some ease turned out to be dropped points for the Owls.

Luton v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 3-1

A huge game this one for Sheffield Wednesday away at Luton and an unbeaten record to defend. Any loss now may prove costly. The Owls rose to the occasion and performed brilliantly. No laziness from Lucas or the defence and the strikers were in razor sharp form. Luis Costa got the Owls off to the perfect start with a goal after only five minutes. Disaster struck in fourteen minutes for the Owls and Jamie Victory in particular as he turned the ball into his own net after misjudging a clearance off the goal line. The Owls were back in front on the half hour with Ritchie Partridge scoring his first goal on his loan period from Liverpool and what an important goal it was. Lucas was in terrific form and kept Luton out when need be. It took until the ninetieth minute before this game was sealed and Jordi Cruyff got the goal that sealed a superb win and kept them on track for promotion.

Sheffield Wednesday v Wrexham – (H) – 3-1

A huge game this one as Nick Tennant’s Wrexham came to Hillsborough talking a good game but could his team produce the goods on the park to put a serious dent in the Owls title charge. In short the answer was no as the Owls tore them apart with a superb display. Give Wrexham credit they put up a pretty stubborn resistance at times but not enough to halt the Owls in their quest for the title. It took until the forty fourth minute before the Owls found a breakthrough. The goal came from Luis Costa and sent the fans away for their half time refreshments happy and expectant of more goals in the second half. At the start of the second half Wrexham with their first real attack managed to score an equaliser through ex Owl Andrew Talbot and Hillsborough went quiet all of a sudden. The silence didn’t last long as Luis Costa as he always does scored another vital goal to put Wednesday ahead again and back on the road to victory. Graeme Lee added a third with his first ever goal for the Owls. It could have been more but Hepburn was just happy to put one over Tennant and he wished him well in League Two next season.

Bradford v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 3-1

A local derby and with Wednesday having only one thing on their minds – revenge. It was one of the best derby performances I have seen from Sheffield Wednesday as they swept Bradford aside with some quite brilliant football. The Owls dominated proceedings from kick off and got their reward as Luke Guttridge opened the scoring with a superb drive from the edge of the area. He had been out for a while with knee ligament damage and was recalled for this one and he certainly enjoyed his goal. Better was to come for Guttridge and the Owls he then scored his second of the day to give the Owls a comfortable half time lead. In the second half Dean Windass pulled a goal back but it only encouraged the Owls to increase their lead and they did through Ritchie Partridge to seal a superb derby victory for the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Bournemouth – (H) – 2-0

A bad tempered affair this game but the Owls still managed to come out on top. Two men sent off, one from either team put a sour note on this game as Glenn Whelan left Wednesday with ten men for the last hour of the game. They had been in total control of the match up until that point and but the sending off did let Bournemouth back into the game. Luis Costa gave Wednesday the lead after only five minutes but were left hanging on at the end of the first half due to the sending off. At the start of the second half the sides were level in terms of men on the park as Martin Cranie got himself sent off for a needless challenge. From then on it was all Wednesday and they added another goal only a minute later through Jordi Cruyff and sealed the points for the Owls.

Torquay v Sheffield Wednesday – (A) – 2-1

A huge game for the owls who knew that if they lost this one then their chances of the league title were all but gone as they were still level on points with Tranmere. Torquay as it was their home game started off brightly and had the Owls under pressure early on and went ahead after seventeen minutes through Lee Canoville. Hepburn knew he had to change something and fast or his team’s chances of the title were gone. The changes were made and immediately the game changed as Wednesday were much more of an attacking threat and could have been ahead by the interval as they had created numerous chances to level. The all important equaliser eventually came for the Owls and you don’t need to be a genius to guess who got it. Yes Luis Costa with yet another important and potentially title clinching goal. They immediately went back on the attack to try and win this game and everyone had thought they had ran out of time till up stepped that man Costa with the winner to send Hepburn delirious once again in true Sir Alex fashion. The goal Costa scored proved vital as elsewhere Tranmere could only manage a draw to leave them two points behind going into the final game of the season.

Sheffield Wednesday v MK Dons – (H) – 2-0 - CHAMPIONS!!!!! CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!

Full house inside Hillsborough for the biggest game of the season as the title would be decided today. The Owls entertained MK Dons and Tranmere, two points behind Wednesday entertained Bournemouth. It was a party atmosphere inside Hillsborough as these fans were expecting a win that would see the Owls crowned champions at last. Jordi Cruyff gave them even more to cheer about when the match began as he gave the Owls the lead after only two minutes on the clock. Further chances were created in the first half but the Owls could not convert them and suddenly the atmosphere became tense not that it affected the players on the pitch as they went about their business trying to get that all important second goal. The second goal came courtesy of Luis Costa and all the fans wanted thereafter was the final whistle as it was time to party and celebrate a glorious double that Hepburn and his players were wanting.

The LDV Vans Trophy – Sheffield Wednesday v Bournemouth – (N) – 3-1

During the league run in the Owls also had the small matter of the LDV Cup Final to attend to at the superb Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. They faced Bournemouth who were chasing promotion from League One so it was expected to be a tough game. Bournemouth started the better of the two teams and took an early lead but this only seemed to spur the owls on who had started quite nervously. Those nerves were soon gone as Eoin Jess got the Owls level on the half hour mark and it was all Wednesday after that. The goal seemed to settle the players that little bit more and played Bournemouth off the park after that. A Luis Costa double sealed the trophy and in all honesty it could have been more such was the domination of the Owls in this final. Hepburn celebrated with his players and hoped there were more trophies to come for his team.

End Of Season Summary

A truly amazing end to the season for the Owls who could not have imagined they would be celebrating a double after such a poor start to the season. Credit has to go to Hepburn for turning it around and getting the best out of his players. Hepburn was also among the end of season awards as he deservedly picked up Manager Of The year for League One. The whole team produced some great displays at times but special praise has to go to a few players who got Sheffield Wednesday to where they are today. These players are:

David Lucas – Produced many a good display and kept the Owls in a few games with some fantastic goalkeeping.

The defence as a whole was outstanding for most of the season only conceding a remarkable twenty eight goals in forty six leagues, which is some achievement.

Eoin Jess – Turned in a few man of the match performances and scored 14 goals from midfield. Can’t ask for much more.

Luke Guttridge – Similar to Jess and did a brilliant job being played slightly out of position and but for his injury would have played made an even bigger contribution to the team.

Jordi Cruyff – Was sensational all season long for the Owls weighing in with a few goals and some brilliant assists. Had to be a contender for player of the year but was overlooked for some reason.

Luis Costa – One word describes this guy’s season – Magnificent. Over thirty goals and some vital goals at vital times during the season. I have ran out of superlatives for this guy’s contribution to the Owls cause.

So it is onto next season where preparations are underway to make sure this team builds on the success they had this season.

lol, cheers for that pete, thats great, Andy is only jealous cos the only valentine he got was from his hand icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif

This is news to me!!!!

bristolcitydave.jpg

So the first season is over and Bristol remain safely in League One ready to make more of a challenge in the coming season. To end the season Scott Murray was awarded the fans player of the year award for his great performances down the right flank.

But now it is time to think about the season ahead, and hope for a more succesful season. Manager Johnston offers his players a 2 week paid holiday for the Summer but wants his players back in for pre-season training for the end of July.

To get the players fit and ready for the grueling season ahead Johnston has lined up a freindly game at home with Chelski and left his assistant to set up a few more while Johnston turns his attention to bringing in some new faces to strengthen the squad. The following players have been lined up to join at the end of their current contracts on the 1st of July:

Left Winger - Allan Johnston from Kilmarnock

Left Winger - Alain Sutter from Bulle

Centre Half - Bekim Kapic from Mura

Defensive Midfielder - Trond Anderson from AaB

Striker - Junior from Derby

So a player in for each area of the field, and a couple of old boys too to add a bit of experience to the side, and hopefully inspire them to glory.

As an extra addition Johnston has brought in a few coaches to help out with first team coaching. Angel Vilda from Spain and Tony Godden from England.

So we have a friendly game to be played, but the assistant manager will be left to watch over things and make sure we win. So its Leyton Orient away.

Leyton Orient 0 Bristol C 2

So a win in the first friendly of the new season and a good sign for things to come. The goals came from Danny Bolt through a penalty after 4 minutes and Paul Heffernan after 88 minutes. And MOM was GK Steve Phillips.

So that's how the session ends for me, until next time icon_wink.gif

northapton.jpg

A new season and a new start

Seeing as the online game takes so long to play a few games ( we play 3-5 a session at most ) I have decided to jump ship and try and move up the leagues as fast as I can. If it was my own game I would not have done this but due to the fact that the clan game we have now it would take me an age just to get near the premiership with Barrow.

This is nothing to do with the host of the game or how many that are in the clan, its just the slowness of the game that has made me do this. I feel that if I had stayed with Barrow trying to get them up the league the clan game might have stopped or we might have moved onto FM 06 to play.

So with this bit of information you have I have decided to move up a few divisions and take over the club Northampton town FC . I was approached in the pre season to take over them and seeing as I had already turned down 3 clubs before the end of last season I decided to move when I had won the League with Barrow and had that on my cv.

Well let’s see what we have here.

The team or squad I have to play with is around 25 players and that includes the reserves. My back room staff is a team of 8 and I feel that’s about right for what I have to play with. My wage budget is just over the £21k I have per week so a few players might be shown the door trying to bring this down to say £18k so it gives me a few grand to play with if and when the right player comes around.

So let’s take a look at my squad then

Goalkeepers

N Bull 23…GK

A player that’s on £500 a week and on contract till 07 worth £10k

L Harper 33…GK

A player that’s on £2000 a week and on contract till 06 worth £14k with his high wage and age going against him he’s one for the transfer list

-----------------------------------

Defenders

L Chambers 19… D RC

A player that’s on £600 a week and on contract till 06 worth £12k

T Jaszczum 27… D L

A player that’s on £750 a week and on contract till 06 worth £12k

F Murry 23… D L

A player that’s on £775 a week and on contract till 06 worth £14k a player that wants to go on the transfer list and his wish is granted

I Peters 16… D L

A player that’s on £190 a week and on no contract due to the fact he is so young

J Dolan 25… D C

A player that’s on £1500 a week and on contract till 07 worth £12k on a high wage but will be going nowhere

C Wilmott 27… D C

A player that’s on £575 a week and on contract till 06 worth £18k

D West 32… D / DMR

A player that’s on £1000 a week and on contract till 07 worth £2k with his high wage and age going against him he’s one for the transfer list

C Carruthers 21… D / DML

A player that’s on £600 a week and on contract till 06 worth £40k

R Amoo 22… D / DM RC

A player that’s on £575 a week and on contract till 07 worth £2k

D Rowson 28… DMC

A player that’s on £1200 a week and on contract till 06 worth £45k on a high wage but will be going nowhere

---------------------------------------

Midfielders

D Hicks 19… MC

A player that’s on £80 a week and on contract till 07 worth £4k

L Williamson 23… MC

A player that’s on £600 a week and on contract till 06 worth £18k

M Reeves 23… AM RC

A player that’s on £975 a week and on contract till 07 worth £30k

H Singh 23… AM L

A player that’s on £1800 a week and on contract till 08 worth £30k on a high wage but will try to get this down a bit, but again he will be going nowhere

T Lloyd 18… AM FLC

A player that’s on £80 a week and on contract till 06 worth £16k

P Shaw 31… AM FC

A player that’s on £1800 a week and on contract till 07 worth £14k on a high wage but will try to get this down a bit, but again he will be going nowhere

S Tolley 20… AM FC

A player that’s on £475 a week and on contract till 09 worth £7k, my first player to be signed by me from my old club Barrow for £3k

-------------------------------------

Strikers

S McGleish 31… SC

A player that’s on £800 a week and on contract till 06 worth £2k

M Richards 22… SC

A player that’s on £1400 a week and on contract till 09 worth £26k on a high wage but will try to get this down a bit, but again he will be going nowhere

M Smith 30… SC

A player that’s on £1900 a week and on contract till 06 worth £130k with his high wage and a big transfer fee he’s one for the transfer list to get some more money into the transfer fund, don’t want to sell but will have to help build my team

M Hutchings 16… SC

A player that’s on £60 a week and on no contract due to the fact he is so young

S Morison 21… SC

A player that’s on £240 a week and on contract till 08 worth £16k

C Page 18… SC

A player that’s on £80 a week and on contract till 06 worth £2k

So there is my team for the new season there will be a few players coming and going over the next season. My aim for the season is just to survive and try and hit the play offs.

We have had 2 pre season games so far and have left G Thompson my assistant manager in charge.

First up was an away game against Northwich which we won 2-0

And our next game was another away game at Aldershot which we lost 2-0

We have something to build on best I get my scouts out looking for some new talent.

More to follow….

crawleypauls.jpg

Scarborough(H) 26th March 2005

A poor performance by Crawley saw the manager at the end of his tether with the team and pulling his hair out at the perceived lack of commitment as they slumped to another defeat. Chris Senior opened Scarboroughs account after only three minutes, and Mark Rasmussen adding a secong on 34 minutes. Crawley briefly rallied in the second half when Paul Armstrong converted a penalty, but it was shortlived as Scarborough regained the two goal lead with Chris Senior’s second and last of the match. icon_frown.gif

Crawley 1 Scarborough 3

MOM Keith Gilroy (Scarborough)

ATT 1562

paulhartlepoolbadge.jpg

******Newsflash******

Paul Rouch has been offered the vacancy at Victoria Park with the monkey hangers. It is understood that “rouchie†has accepted the position after becoming disillusioned with the team performances at Crawley recently, and believes he is ready to face the challenges of managing at a higher level.

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Bouremouth 1 v 2 Wrexham

Norville Sam

Wrexham 0-2 Bradford

Wrexham 3-1 Torqauy

Talbot Norville Jones

Sheff Wed 3 v 1 Wrexham

Talbot

Wrexham 1 v 1 Huddesfield

Norville

Tranmere 3 v 0 Wrexham

Wrexham 0 v 0 Peterborough

Swindon 4 v 0 Wrexham

Managers Comments

So the season didn't finish to bad, a change in formation saw the players respond well and the Talbot and Norville strike force looks one which will excel. The emergence of the highly rated Gray also looks promising. I hope we push on next year and with a blend of youth and experience we push towards the promotion places.

wrexhamnicks.jpg

A few newspaper articles on Wrexhams up and coming pre season.

Tennant's future in balance depending on Wrexhams performance - Reports Telegraph

Rookie 31 one year old manager Tennant has struggled to make an impact at the Racecourse. The inexperienced manager has felt all the trails and tribulations of running a football club in a reltively action packed eight to nine months. The Dragons finished at a rock bottom 24th in League 1, as the Welsh club went on a recorded of 17 games without a win. However it's clear on the training ground and around the club that people are quietly confident on the up and coming season. Wrexham have added young quality in Championship players Ingham and the consistant Andrews. The accustition of Chambers from West Brom was also very estuate, however I feel the club may struggle upfront without a recognised posistant goal scorer, for that reason I feel Wrexham will not fill a automatic spot.

Predicted Finish: 5th

Wrexham Confident -BBC Wales

Wrexham boss Nick Tennant has been reported in saying he is quite confident on the up and coming season, 'Yeh I am confident, the lads are training well and there is a very good atmosphere around the club,' he also commented on the emergence of the clubs new star 'Yeh Phil has looked good and quick in training, I hope he continues to progress as he is doing and will be a good quality asset to the club'. This is after there was reported interest from local rivals Bristol City, where a deal was supposidly on the verge of happening but for reasons which have not been publicised the transfer did not go through.

Tennant Still Upbeat after loss against Non-League side - Reports Sport Wales

After Wrexham lost one nill to non-league side Burton Tennant has come out and said 'Yeh results are important but in pre season performances are more important than anything else.' Tennant also denied an imminent transfer of Steve McClean after signing for QPR and Bristol City's Brooker. Wrexham also confirmed the high profile friendly of Charlton at home at the racecourse.

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Pre Season

Well firstly I wanted to announce the signing of 4 new players, all under the age of 20 years of age. Firstly entered the loan signing of Man City's Chinedum Onouha, then the permenent signings of left back Ben Anderson and a very promising 15 year old, after fighting off interest from Gillingham. There was also the accuqsition of Tom Bates a former Coventry startlet.

Games wise the Pre Season was failry productive, players appear to be improving physically and gelling together. However we failed to get a win under our belts but I was pleased with the 2 home games of Wigan and Carlisle which finished 1-1 and 0-0 respectively. We also recorded a 1-0 loss to Welling a, 1-2 loss to Sheff Utd and finally a 0-2 loss to Charlton.

Wrexham Prediction - Wales Sport

Wrexham's pre season has not been a brillaint one, however after following them to every game through the sunshine and glorious summer, that the side looks one which could challenge in the top half. Youngster Gray looks like a potential star and the defence one which looks leaps and bounds above last years dismal display. Although Fans Player Of The Year Baker has been replaced by Sunderlands Ingham I must say he looks a very solid keeper, although Baker had his plaudits he did not bring confidence into the rest of the side. With the side looking to start their campaign I feel a finish of a play off sport is not beyond Tennant's men.

Probable Finish: 6th

Player to watch out for: Darren Ferguson

Potentail Star: Phil Gray

Predicted Line Up

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Ingham

Chambers Lawerence Berhall Anderson

Wainwright Andrews Ferguson Bates

Norville Gray </pre>

Sky Sports News

Wrexham manager has announced the captaincy to midfielder Keith Andrews, with his vice being Ferguson.

paulhartlepoolbadge.jpg

Hartlepool – The rouchie years

Preseason Friendlies

The asst Manager took control of the team for the preseason friendlies while the manager sought out some fresh talent to bolster the squad.

V East Fife (A)

Final Score East Fife 1 Hartlepool 4

Goals : East FiFe Kerr (42)

Hartlepool Williams (18) Harris (31) Boyd (60) Wilkinson (69)

MOM : Adam Boyd (Hartlepool)

V Kettering(A)

Final Score Kettering 1 Hartlepool 3

Goals : Kettering Westwood OG (48)

Hartlepool Williams (4) Harris (40,45)

MOM : James Harris (Hartlepool)

V Hitchin(A)

Final Score Hitchin 0 Hartlepool 2

Goals : Hartlepool Wilkinson (8) Strachan (49)

MOM : Chris Westwood (Hartlepool)

V Dag & Red(A)

Final Score Dag & Red 0 Hartlepool 3

Goals : Hartlepool Appleby (78, 84) Bardsley Pen (90)

MOM : Andrew Appleby (Hartlepool)

V Sunderland Reserves(A)

Final Score Sunderland Reserves 0 Hartlepool 0

MOM : Paul Willis (Hartlepool)

V Canvey Island(A)

Final Score Canvey Island 1 Hartlepool 2

Goals : Canvey Island Sedgemore (86)

Hartlepool Tinkler (30) Danns (45)

MOM : Lee Hancock (Canvey Island)

So Preseason passed with the revitalised monkey hangers remaining undefeated and more pleasingly, goals coming from all across the team.

Transfers

While preseason friendlies the charismatic Rouch was hard at work securing the services of some sought after players. A couple of promising Kevins were first through the door, Kevin Johnston and Kevin Swift, both teenagers, both defenders, both displaying a lot of potential. Another promising youngster Steve Rowe was also snatched off the free market to bolster competition for the front two. James Harris was next in, again a very promising teenager looking to battle for a place in the midfield. Gareth Williams was picked up from Vauxhall Motors to mind the sticks for a cool £100,000, but he will be worth his weight in gold! Paul Willis, released by Liverpool, was the next signing, another teenager, and good back up for Gareth Williams in goal. Olafur Valdimar Juliusson was an absolute billy bargain, from the superhoops for a paltry £18,000 for the legendary attacking midfielder!

Loans

Neil Danns an attacking right sided midfielder from Blackburn and Philip Bardsley a right sided defender from Man U were both loaned in until the end of the season to bolster the squad.

The season ahead

UKBetting.com have placed Hartlepool at 33-1 for the title stating that a mid table finish is the more likely scenario. The Manager has responded to this by suggesting he might put some money down at those odds as he feels the team he has is more than capable of challenging for promotion! Predicting a top 6 finish Paul Rouch declared himself happy with the players he had introduced to the squad, which already contained a number of individuals that he rated highly.

efb1a.jpg

EFB ZEITUNG

Yes folks, it’s back and better than ever – It’s the EFB Zeitung where we take a look back at the season and share the highs and lows of the season. EFB have completed there first successful season and what a season it was for all of us in one way or another. Success for some and extreme lows for others!!!!

Welcome once again to EFB Zeitung, happy reading!!!!

Community Shield

We know the season begins when the Community Shield kicks off at the Millennium Stadium in front of thousands of football fans who hope that their team will win not just today, but in the coming Premiership season.

It was two of the giants of the English game kicking off the season in the annual curtain raiser, Arsenal and Man United.

Red devils too hot to handle for the Gunners!!!!

Arsenal 1 v 2 Man United

The League Cup

This year’s league cup was contested by two of the sleeping giants in the Premiership, Everton and Tottenham. It was a tightly contested final that was eventually won by Tottenham in extra time.

Tireless Tottenham win the Cup in extra time!!!!!

Everton 0 v 1 Tottenham (AET)

The FA Cup

The FA Cup final this year was an all south coast affair as local rivals Portsmouth and Southampton battled it out for the bragging rights. An action packed game that was eventually won on penalties after the teams could not be separated during normal time or extra time.

Dons outshine Pompey in penalty thriller!!!!

Portsmouth 2 v 2 Southampton (Southampton won on penalties)

FA Trophy

In a surprise final none of the big conference teams made it to the final that was fought out between two English Conference South teams, Carshalton and Eastbourne Boro in another tense final. It was Carshalton that came out on top but only just.

Carshalton pip Eastbourne for the Cup!!!!

Carshalton 2 v 1 Eastbourne Boro

LDV Vans Trophy

Hepburn’s Owls managed to make it to the final where they faced play off hopefuls Bournemouth in a one sided affair that the Owls dominated after going behind to a surprise lead. Hepburn was said to be ecstatic after his first cup final appearance and victory for that matter.

Bournemouth blown away by red hot Owls!!!!

Sheffield Wednesday 3 v 1 Bournemouth

The FA Barclaycard Premiership

After suffering defeat at the hands of Man United in the Community Shield it was the Gunners who came out on top though at the end of a spectacular Premiership season that saw the Gunners run away with the title in the end. They were a massive sixteen points ahead of runners up Liverpool as Man United could only manage third place in the table. The most disappointing finish in the Premiership was Chelsea under the guidance of Jose Mourinho who expected to win the Premiership in his first season in charge but in all honesty his team were nowhere near the challengers and finished fifth. The relegation battle saw Bolton, Norwich and Crystal palace relegated to the Championship in a tight battle.

The Premiership Table

The Championship

Perry secures the R’s Championship Status

It was touch and go at times during the season but QPR manager Rob Perry eventually managed to keep in the Championship and try to build on what they had done this season. Perry’s team spent a lot of time scrapping in a relegation battle but a good run at the end of the season saw them finish in a respectable 15th position in the table. Perry will be hoping for better next season along with the fans in their quest to get back into the Premiership.

Going up to the premiership as champions are……..Wolves

Runners Up and gaining automatic promotion are… Sunderland

Going up via the play offs are………………………….West Ham

The Championship Table

League One

Hepburn’s Owls Do the Double!!!!!!!

Yes in his first season in charge at Hillsborough Hepburn having managed to secure the LDV Vans trophy he then went on to complete a league and cup double by winning the League One title on the last day of the season to end the season on a high. It had all started off so poorly for the Owls in the early part of the season due to poor form in front of goal but they eventually got their act together to produce a quite brilliant run to secure the title at home to MK Dons. Will Hepburn take the Owls all the way to the Premiership? Tune in to the next edition of the EFB Zeitung to find out.

Johnston’s Titties Are heading South and in Need of Implants!!!!!

A rather disappointing league campaign form Bristol City whom most expected to be challenging for the League One title. However they were at wrong end of the table for most of the season and at one point staring relegation in the face. Johnston used all his managerial know how to turn things around and secure their League One status. They did put together a superb FA Cup run that saw them reach round five before being eliminated by Premiership side West Broom. The fans are expecting a lot more from the titties next season and so is their manager.

Tennant’s Wrexham Don’t Even Get Away From the Blocks!!!!

For a team whose home ground is called The Racehorse Ground they spent most of their season in last place. Three wins all season in the league and Tennant must have wondered why he decided to take on such a mammoth task in his short managerial career. To his credit he kept plugging away in the transfer market as he was trying to build a team to compete in League Two next season. He got rid of some of the high earners whose time seemed to be up years ago as Tennant looked to the future.

Going up to the Championship as champions are……………..Sheffield Wednesday

Runner’s Up and gaining automatic promotion are…………….Tranmere

Going Up via the play offs are…………………………………….Hull

Going in the wrong direction to League two were Oldham, Brentford, Port Vale and of course Wrexham

The League One Table

League Two Round Up

League Two winners – Swansea

Runners Up – Oxford

Third Placed – Yeovil

Play Off Winners – Notts County

So Swansea winning League Two quite easily in the end with the push for promotion a lot tighter with Oxford pipping Yeovil as runners up. Notts County go up via the play offs who beat Chester 2-1.

Relegated were Bury and Lincoln.

National Conference

Rouch leaves Crawley crawling up the wall!!!!!

Manager Paul Rouch upped sticks and left a Crawley team who were fighting for a play off spot to join Hartlepool towards the end of the season. He had built a decent team at Crawley that lacked consistency but were always there or thereabouts in the battle for play off positions. It was a surprise to most of English football when Rouch made the move up north to Pool and we all wish him well in his new job as Pool boss.

Elsewhere Barnet won the league easily with the nearest challengers nowhere to be seen. But can Barnet dominate League two so easily next season? That is the question on everyone’s lips. They lost only four times all season in the league to show how much they dominated this division.

Going Up to League Two as champions are………..Barnet

Going up via the Play Offs are………………………..Aldershot

In the opposite direction go Northwich, Woking and Leigh RMI.

The National Conference table

Conference South

Smith’s Barrow Romp Home With Title Then He Ups and Leaves!!!!!

What a season for Peter Smith’s Barrow side. Not fancied to do much in the Conference south but ended up as champions and deserved champions at that. Vauxhall Motors who had a sticky start under the management of Stephen Gold managed to recover from that experience to push Barrow all the way in the title race but Barrow were never really in that much trouble. After such a great title win Smith shocked the Barrow faithful by leaving them and joining League Two side Northampton. What will happen to Barrow without their messiah Smith? Tune in to find out.

Going up to the National Conference as champions………Barrow

Going up via the Play Offs are………………………………..Worksop

Relegated to the football wilderness are Harrogate Town, Lancaster and Redditch.

The Conference South League Table

Conference North

The tightest finish of all of the leagues saw Welling end the season as Conference South champions on goal difference over rivals Hornchurch. They won the league by only five goals but the players and staff at Welling are not complaining. Hornchurch did eventually go up via the play offs much to make up for the disappointment of not winning the league.

Going up to the National Conference as Champions are…………….Welling

Going up via the Play Offs are…………………………………………. Hornchurch

The European Scene

Champions League

This season’s champions league final was an all Italian affair as AC Milan and Juventus had made their way to the final that was being held in the Turkish footballing hotspot of Istanbul. The final was a typical Italian game of football – tense, tight at the back and not many clear cut openings for either team. Milan will feel hard done by in the end as they created more chances but were made to pay as Juventus left Turkey with the Champions League trophy as David Trezeguet scored the winner after twelve minutes after Del Piero missed from the penalty spot.

Juve make Milan pay for misses!!!!!!

AC Milan 0 v 1 Juventus

UEFA Cup

This season’s UEFA Cup was a battle of former winners of the illustrious Champions League in Porto and Dortmund, with Dortmund coming out on top in a superb advert for football. Loads of chances for both teams but Dortmund scoring the only goal of the game through Sebastian Kehl sixteen minutes from the end was enough for victory and the trophy went home to Germany.

Dortmund domination ends in cup victory!!!!!!

Porto 0 v 1 Dortmund

Super Cup

This season’s Super Cup was contested by Valencia and Porto winning the Champions League and UEFA Cup respectively last season. Another close encounter that saw Porto the champions league winner’s coming out on top. They showed even without Mourinho in charge they could still mix it with the best of them.

Close battle but Porto show Mourinho like qualities to win the cup!!!!!!!

Valencia 0 v 1 Porto

So what a season it was by all involved in football. Hoped you enjoyed reading my first ever attempt at the EFB Zeitung and roll on season 2 for some more fun.

efb1a.jpg

EFB ZEITUNG

Yes folks, it’s back and better than ever – It’s the EFB Zeitung where we take a look back at the season and share the highs and lows of the season. EFB have completed there first successful season and what a season it was for all of us in one way or another. Success for some and extreme lows for others!!!!

Welcome once again to EFB Zeitung, happy reading!!!!

Community Shield

We know the season begins when the Community Shield kicks off at the Millennium Stadium in front of thousands of football fans who hope that their team will win not just today, but in the coming Premiership season.

It was two of the giants of the English game kicking off the season in the annual curtain raiser, Arsenal and Man United.

Red devils too hot to handle for the Gunners!!!!

Arsenal 1 v 2 Man United

The League Cup

This year’s league cup was contested by two of the sleeping giants in the Premiership, Everton and Tottenham. It was a tightly contested final that was eventually won by Tottenham in extra time.

Tireless Tottenham win the Cup in extra time!!!!!

Everton 0 v 1 Tottenham (AET)

The FA Cup

The FA Cup final this year was an all south coast affair as local rivals Portsmouth and Southampton battled it out for the bragging rights. An action packed game that was eventually won on penalties after the teams could not be separated during normal time or extra time.

Dons outshine Pompey in penalty thriller!!!!

Portsmouth 2 v 2 Southampton (Southampton won on penalties)

FA Trophy

In a surprise final none of the big conference teams made it to the final that was fought out between two English Conference South teams, Carshalton and Eastbourne Boro in another tense final. It was Carshalton that came out on top but only just.

Carshalton pip Eastbourne for the Cup!!!!

Carshalton 2 v 1 Eastbourne Boro

LDV Vans Trophy

Hepburn’s Owls managed to make it to the final where they faced play off hopefuls Bournemouth in a one sided affair that the Owls dominated after going behind to a surprise lead. Hepburn was said to be ecstatic after his first cup final appearance and victory for that matter.

Bournemouth blown away by red hot Owls!!!!

Sheffield Wednesday 3 v 1 Bournemouth

The FA Barclaycard Premiership

After suffering defeat at the hands of Man United in the Community Shield it was the Gunners who came out on top though at the end of a spectacular Premiership season that saw the Gunners run away with the title in the end. They were a massive sixteen points ahead of runners up Liverpool as Man United could only manage third place in the table. The most disappointing finish in the Premiership was Chelsea under the guidance of Jose Mourinho who expected to win the Premiership in his first season in charge but in all honesty his team were nowhere near the challengers and finished fifth. The relegation battle saw Bolton, Norwich and Crystal palace relegated to the Championship in a tight battle.

The Premiership Table

The Championship

Perry secures the R’s Championship Status

It was touch and go at times during the season but QPR manager Rob Perry eventually managed to keep in the Championship and try to build on what they had done this season. Perry’s team spent a lot of time scrapping in a relegation battle but a good run at the end of the season saw them finish in a respectable 15th position in the table. Perry will be hoping for better next season along with the fans in their quest to get back into the Premiership.

Going up to the premiership as champions are……..Wolves

Runners Up and gaining automatic promotion are… Sunderland

Going up via the play offs are………………………….West Ham

The Championship Table

League One

Hepburn’s Owls Do the Double!!!!!!!

Yes in his first season in charge at Hillsborough Hepburn having managed to secure the LDV Vans trophy he then went on to complete a league and cup double by winning the League One title on the last day of the season to end the season on a high. It had all started off so poorly for the Owls in the early part of the season due to poor form in front of goal but they eventually got their act together to produce a quite brilliant run to secure the title at home to MK Dons. Will Hepburn take the Owls all the way to the Premiership? Tune in to the next edition of the EFB Zeitung to find out.

Johnston’s Titties Are heading South and in Need of Implants!!!!!

A rather disappointing league campaign form Bristol City whom most expected to be challenging for the League One title. However they were at wrong end of the table for most of the season and at one point staring relegation in the face. Johnston used all his managerial know how to turn things around and secure their League One status. They did put together a superb FA Cup run that saw them reach round five before being eliminated by Premiership side West Broom. The fans are expecting a lot more from the titties next season and so is their manager.

Tennant’s Wrexham Don’t Even Get Away From the Blocks!!!!

For a team whose home ground is called The Racehorse Ground they spent most of their season in last place. Three wins all season in the league and Tennant must have wondered why he decided to take on such a mammoth task in his short managerial career. To his credit he kept plugging away in the transfer market as he was trying to build a team to compete in League Two next season. He got rid of some of the high earners whose time seemed to be up years ago as Tennant looked to the future.

Going up to the Championship as champions are……………..Sheffield Wednesday

Runner’s Up and gaining automatic promotion are…………….Tranmere

Going Up via the play offs are…………………………………….Hull

Going in the wrong direction to League two were Oldham, Brentford, Port Vale and of course Wrexham

The League One Table

League Two Round Up

League Two winners – Swansea

Runners Up – Oxford

Third Placed – Yeovil

Play Off Winners – Notts County

So Swansea winning League Two quite easily in the end with the push for promotion a lot tighter with Oxford pipping Yeovil as runners up. Notts County go up via the play offs who beat Chester 2-1.

Relegated were Bury and Lincoln.

National Conference

Rouch leaves Crawley crawling up the wall!!!!!

Manager Paul Rouch upped sticks and left a Crawley team who were fighting for a play off spot to join Hartlepool towards the end of the season. He had built a decent team at Crawley that lacked consistency but were always there or thereabouts in the battle for play off positions. It was a surprise to most of English football when Rouch made the move up north to Pool and we all wish him well in his new job as Pool boss.

Elsewhere Barnet won the league easily with the nearest challengers nowhere to be seen. But can Barnet dominate League two so easily next season? That is the question on everyone’s lips. They lost only four times all season in the league to show how much they dominated this division.

Going Up to League Two as champions are………..Barnet

Going up via the Play Offs are………………………..Aldershot

In the opposite direction go Northwich, Woking and Leigh RMI.

The National Conference table

Conference South

Smith’s Barrow Romp Home With Title Then He Ups and Leaves!!!!!

What a season for Peter Smith’s Barrow side. Not fancied to do much in the Conference south but ended up as champions and deserved champions at that. Vauxhall Motors who had a sticky start under the management of Stephen Gold managed to recover from that experience to push Barrow all the way in the title race but Barrow were never really in that much trouble. After such a great title win Smith shocked the Barrow faithful by leaving them and joining League Two side Northampton. What will happen to Barrow without their messiah Smith? Tune in to find out.

Going up to the National Conference as champions………Barrow

Going up via the Play Offs are………………………………..Worksop

Relegated to the football wilderness are Harrogate Town, Lancaster and Redditch.

The Conference South League Table

Conference North

The tightest finish of all of the leagues saw Welling end the season as Conference South champions on goal difference over rivals Hornchurch. They won the league by only five goals but the players and staff at Welling are not complaining. Hornchurch did eventually go up via the play offs much to make up for the disappointment of not winning the league.

Going up to the National Conference as Champions are…………….Welling

Going up via the Play Offs are…………………………………………. Hornchurch

The European Scene

Champions League

This season’s champions league final was an all Italian affair as AC Milan and Juventus had made their way to the final that was being held in the Turkish footballing hotspot of Istanbul. The final was a typical Italian game of football – tense, tight at the back and not many clear cut openings for either team. Milan will feel hard done by in the end as they created more chances but were made to pay as Juventus left Turkey with the Champions League trophy as David Trezeguet scored the winner after twelve minutes after Del Piero missed from the penalty spot.

Juve make Milan pay for misses!!!!!!

AC Milan 0 v 1 Juventus

UEFA Cup

This season’s UEFA Cup was a battle of former winners of the illustrious Champions League in Porto and Dortmund, with Dortmund coming out on top in a superb advert for football. Loads of chances for both teams but Dortmund scoring the only goal of the game through Sebastian Kehl sixteen minutes from the end was enough for victory and the trophy went home to Germany.

Dortmund domination ends in cup victory!!!!!!

Porto 0 v 1 Dortmund

Super Cup

This season’s Super Cup was contested by Valencia and Porto winning the Champions League and UEFA Cup respectively last season. Another close encounter that saw Porto the champions league winner’s coming out on top. They showed even without Mourinho in charge they could still mix it with the best of them.

Close battle but Porto show Mourinho like qualities to win the cup!!!!!!!

Valencia 0 v 1 Porto

So what a season it was by all involved in football. Hoped you enjoyed reading my first ever attempt at the EFB Zeitung and roll on season 2 for some more fun.

EFB Zeitung.....not what is used to be!! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and "Vauxhall Motors who had a sticky start under the management of Stephen Gold"

I only played 2 games, wouldnt call that a start lol

Anyway.....

Its good that seasons 1 has finally finished! Upwards and onwards for the EFB game and may season 2 be even more exciting!

efb1a.jpg

CLAN ANNOUNCEMENT

Ok lads now that we know the patch is going to be released next Wednesday we may have a dilemma on our hands. Along with the patch is a data update with all the latest transfers and changes in it. So we have two choices that i want you to vote for. I am not bothered what we do btw but want to get your thoughts on the two choices:

1. We continue with just the patch in the hope that it plays a lot better online.

2. We restart using the data update with all the supposed new improvements the patch supposedly brings.

As I said before I am not bothered either way but just wanted to get your thoughts. So pick either 1 or 2.

Yes rouchie that is what option one is just using other words. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

errt, no, it expands on option 1! so dont you be so cheeky icon15.gif Or I will have to beat you angryfire.gif

northapton.jpg

So we have started on our pre season games and just to fill you in here are the rest of the games that were played. All the games were taken by my assistant manager as I was out with my scouts looking for some new blood.

Spurs reserves won 1-0

Ashton won 3-0

Crystal Palace lost 3-2

Scarborough won 2-0

Nancy drew 2-2

So as you can see we have not had a bad pre season only losing a couple of games, to Aldershot and Palace.

Loans in

I have decided to try and get a few players in on a year long loan to give me cover when I do get round to selling a few players to get the wage bill down.

D Fox a young defensive midfielder from Man Utd

R Burch a 20 year old keeper from Spurs

D Nardiello a striker from Man Utd

As for players that we the backroom staff have found on free transfers are :-

L Marshall 26 yrs D/DMRC

A Nicholson 16 yrs F RC

B Mackey 18 yrs Striker

S Anderson 19 yrs MC

So with the players I have and the new players I have brought to the club we are all set for the new season ahead.

As for the bookies they have only given me odds at 33-1 for the title and see my team as a mid table team at best this season ( What do the bookies now ? I was at long odds with my Barrow team for the title but look what happened there ) as for the board members they only want mid table so at the moment all is well with the pressure of not getting promotion at my first attempt with this new club of mine.

The season starts here

First up for us is an away game up by the seaside.

6th Aug 05 League Game

Grimsby 2

Weatherson 8, Hildred 69

Northampton 0

A game that saw my new team come under so much pressure how the score stayed at 2-0 I do not know. My defence was found wanting and the keeper Burch was a bit of a loss at what he should be doing at certain times during the game.

The whole team was always second to the ball and never really getting to put their mark in the game ( only maybe a few of the opposition players that is )

We have a lot of work to do on the training ground over the next few weeks or maybe months, but I can tell you we will be a team to fear in the not to distant future.

This game I do not want a repeat of and put it down to first day nerves

Man of the Match J Dolan…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 3853

Ref Ken Powell

Position in league 17th

9th Aug 05 League Game

Rochdale 1

Bertos 43

Northampton 3

Mackey 45, Tolley 84, Marshall 90

Another away game but this time I hope we have a better result than our last away trip.

With the first half an even match and with no team really getting the upper hand we went behind to a 30 yarder from Bertos who let rip from the right hand side of the pitch. Within a few minutes we were back level with a header from our young striker who had got onto a cross that was delivered into the Rochdale box from Carruthers.

So into the break we go all square but with a good tactical talk at half time on where we could break the home team down I believe the second half would see us get the upper hand and maybe come away with all 3 points.

With each team not getting any strong hold of the midfield it was time for a few changes to try and muscle my way into a strong position in the centre of the park. We did get the break near the end of the match when Tolley ( my ex player from Barrow ) had got onto a pass from Shaw who found a bit of space in the box to turn his defender and get a shot in at goal that went in 2-1 to us. Not long latter we made it 3-1 when Marshall got his first goal for the club with a shot from outside the box.

Man of the Match Bull…10/10…Northampton

Attendance 4005

Ref Garry Kellett

Position in league 11th

13th Aug 05 League Game

Northampton 3

Mackey 5, 46, West 38 (pen)

Chester 1

Hessey 43

Our first home game of the season and a chance for the supporters to see the new faces in the squad that I’m trying to build here at Sixfields Stadium.

One of the new faces in the squad got us off to a flyer after only 5 minutes of the game. The speed off Mackey had left the Chester defence chasing his shadow as he sped away to receive the ball from Marshall to be left one on one with Brown the Chester keeper, bang the ball is in the net and were 1-0 up after such a short time. We go further ahead in the game when we get a penalty awarded to us when Smith was adjudged to have been pulled back when going up for a header at a corner. West steps up to score for us.

There I was thinking this game was getting easy when a lapse of concentration from our team let in Hessey for a free header from a free kick that was delivered into the danger area. We just did not get close to him and he punished us for it.

We came out with all guns blazing and got off to another flyer when a ball from Willmott played a Hollywood pass to Shaw who was hugging the left touch line. He in turn got behind the Chester defence, got a cross in and it was an inch perfect pass that found the left boot of Mackey. 3-1 and being so early into the 2nd half we were not put under to much pressure and we ran out fairly comfortable winners

Man of the Match Marshall…8/10…Northampton

Attendance 3641

Ref Paul Armstrong

Position in league 6th

20th Aug 05 League Game

Northampton 1

Tolley 87

Aldershot 0

A good crowd had turned out to see us play on a bright warm summers day, it’s a shame the game did not live up to the expectations of everybody here in the ground.

This was a poor game and the turning point came when Antwi was sent off for a career breaking tackle on Shaw in the 51st minute. With Shaw trying to carry on after this he broke down and Tolley was brought into the game and duly repaid his faith by getting the winner.

This was not a good game to watch nor to play in but at least we got the result we wanted out of it.

Man of the Match Barnard…9/10…Aldershot

Attendance 3945

Ref Mark Cooper

Position in league 3rd

More to follow …

Archived