Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

efb1a.jpg

fmo_white.gif

Welcome to Englischer Fussball Bund (EFB), we have got re-organised and are now ready for our next instalment of football management online! It’s now our third edition of the clan and this of course means that it’s once again, a brand new game from SI that we will be using.

We will be using the phenomena that is Football Manager 2005, released November 5th 2004, as our battle ground for the third edition of EFB, having collected a lot of very experienced, dedicated and committed players through our first two editions, it was our first point of call to get them back into the running of things, they accepted immediately and it should be a joy to watch a group of such experienced players put their management skills to the test once more!

As you can also see, EFB has made it as an FMO Established clan, this just goes to show how remarkable this game really is. Its now one of the longest running clans in the forums and its very much showing a lot of people how to run a very efficient and long term game.

We may not all be brilliant at Football Management, but what truly makes a game and a player is sticking it out, time after time, no matter what happens to your team, if they get relegated or if you get sacked, it’s the effort to stand back up and the “I will not quit, I will do great things†attitude that is more admired and I’m proud to say we have had these managers.

We only ever had simple requests from our players and they have been to post regular updates, to try and stick with it no matter how badly your team does, but most of all to join in the banter and have some fun as that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

I hope you enjoy reading the wonderful and exciting updates that will be posted in the thread and I can assure you that playing the game will be even more fun because of the people that are involved.

Goldy

Originator

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

efb1a.jpg

fmo_white.gif

Welcome to Englischer Fussball Bund (EFB), we have got re-organised and are now ready for our next instalment of football management online! It’s now our third edition of the clan and this of course means that it’s once again, a brand new game from SI that we will be using.

We will be using the phenomena that is Football Manager 2005, released November 5th 2004, as our battle ground for the third edition of EFB, having collected a lot of very experienced, dedicated and committed players through our first two editions, it was our first point of call to get them back into the running of things, they accepted immediately and it should be a joy to watch a group of such experienced players put their management skills to the test once more!

As you can also see, EFB has made it as an FMO Established clan, this just goes to show how remarkable this game really is. Its now one of the longest running clans in the forums and its very much showing a lot of people how to run a very efficient and long term game.

We may not all be brilliant at Football Management, but what truly makes a game and a player is sticking it out, time after time, no matter what happens to your team, if they get relegated or if you get sacked, it’s the effort to stand back up and the “I will not quit, I will do great things†attitude that is more admired and I’m proud to say we have had these managers.

We only ever had simple requests from our players and they have been to post regular updates, to try and stick with it no matter how badly your team does, but most of all to join in the banter and have some fun as that’s what it’s all about at the end of the day.

I hope you enjoy reading the wonderful and exciting updates that will be posted in the thread and I can assure you that playing the game will be even more fun because of the people that are involved.

Goldy

Originator

• 3 weeks later...

efb1a.jpg

Guess who's back....

Guess whos back....

Guess who's back with a brand new game!!!! Yes folks one of the longest running clans is back for some more action for EFB FM. Everything is in place and EFB is ready to get under way this Monday the 22nd of November (hopefully the patch will be out by then icon_wink.gif). We have eight players ready to pit there wits against each other in what will be a gladiator - esque battle to find supremacy at the top of the domestic game in England and then onto Europe to mix it with the creme da la creme of European football.

The players who will be involved in this battle are:

Me - Andy H - Host icon_cool.gif

Stephen Gold - EFB Originator

Stepehen Riddell - Glad to have him back, a former EFB player from the first EFB.

Kristian - Former EFB player and all around tit. icon_razz.gif

Paul Rouch - Diablo man!!! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Peter Smith - Banner Man

Rob Perry

Nick Tennant - The new addition to EFB so a big welcome to him.

This line up may change as ideally I would like 10 players to be playing EFB but that will only happen if the right players become available.

Please do not post in this thread if you wish to join EFB as it is invitation only. From the current players I want to see lots of banter both in here and in Mirc chat when playing. One more VERY IMPORTANT point is updates. I want everybody to be posting regular updates in this thread when we get started. No excuses from anybody!!! icon_razz.gif

So all that needs done now is for the patch to come out and the teams to be picked (people tell me your teams asap) and then we are off and running to find out who will rule the roost in EFB FM!!!!

Let the madness begin!!!!! icon_cool.gif

well it will be a battle to the end and i cant wait to start.

all the best to the guys involved and lets hope we have a good clan game going.

now to pick a team from the lower reaches of the conference north league to get me started.......ummm who shall i be?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

We may not all be brilliant at Football Management <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Yep, it's nice to be back. Looking forward to getting up and running and um... relegated. Nice wee graphics at the top of the posts too, they look cool. A lot of unfamiliar faces around here, but I'm looking forward to meeting you all and playing against you and so on.

Koprivnik - all round tit, LMAO icon_biggrin.gif . Lets hope the internet connection holds up a bit better this time round, eh? icon_razz.gif

Ridell, my favourite sheepf***er welcome back!! icon_biggrin.gif

Too bad i wont be around the first weeks but im definately getting internet acces in around 2weeks in Ljubljana so that should give all of you pansys a head start so i wont have it as easy as it was in EFB before icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif

Ahh who am i kidding..i will! icon_biggrin.gif Looking forward to meeting the new guys, whooping Andy 6:1 again, seeing Goldy bankrupt team after team and just laughing my ass of Riddell everytime he gets another sack icon14.gificon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Lads due to the patch not being out I am holding off starting EFB until it is, so it means you can get a bit more practice in before the fun and games begin for real. Keep checking this thread for updates or I may even email you if your lucky. icon_cool.gif

rouchie2-sig-3.jpg

Andy, you wanted to know our chosen teams? Bet you cant guess who I will be!! icon_razz.gif

BTW, we got someone who can sort the website side out proper this time round? icon_biggrin.gif

Kris, my sisters would not like you m8, they all refuse to date pikeys icon_cool.gif

No, it was a question m8, ie is anyone gonna do it?, every time we get a webbie guy they die on us for various flaky (Gaz) and non flaky (Wayne)reasons!

On the question of teams it will be the only team I ever play as, the "mighty" West Ham, unlike you who has more clubs than Tiger Woods!

Someone's done a website??

I thought Rouchie asked if we got someone to do it?

Cos, yes there is a new website and I've done it! Needs a couple of updates but I will do them once I got some time icon_smile.gif

I'm just deciding between a conference north/south teams, which one would be better off winning that trophy called..........The Champions League icon_biggrin.gif

Servus Jungs, sorry since the title was in German I thought I would throw in my German knowledge.

I was going to wait till Andy unveiled me as the next big thing to this clan but I was too excited and wanted to get in on this banter straight away.

Dave's the name, unemployed Glaswegian living in Germany who can't speak German, great situation icon_cool.gif I'm happy anyway, more time to play FM. Support Partick Thistle so I'm sure any team I manage in the conference would be better than them.

Bring on the patch.

Yes welcome to our clan David I hope you will bring a lot to our game and I also can't wait to get started.

In another superb catch for EFB I would like to welcome our newest member Craig aka diamond tiger who has agreed to join EFB after Pete gave me a tip of his availability. I snapped him up instantly and that takes us up to ten members of EFB. All we need now is a patch to get this game underway. icon14.gif

Cheers for the introduction andy, this a proud and honourable moment for me icon_wink.gif to be joining such an established clan as the EFB (is that enough ass-kissing?) thanks to the chef its not to often a man u fan does a favour for a gooner. looking forward to showing off my silky skills on the big stage or maybe just struggling to keep myself in work, either way can`t wait to get started.

glad to see you have got yourself into our clan craig, lets hope you have as much fun in the clan as you did in the last clan we played in.

cant wait to be putting my team up against yours again, bring it on icon_biggrin.gif

but lets get this patch out soon as i cant wait to get started icon_rolleyes.gif

Here patchy patchy patchy. Hopefully not long to go now, I'm itchin' to get going.

Are we all picking teams from the Conference N/S?

Can't I just go Chelsea?

Only kiddin', I'm a tactical genious, I think, I'll take Nuneaton Burough or somebody similar to the Champions League and World Domination in 2 years, honest. I don't know how, but I'll try. icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Johnston:

Here patchy patchy patchy. Hopefully not long to go now, I'm itchin' to get going.

Are we all picking teams from the Conference N/S?

Can't I just go Chelsea?

Only kiddin', I'm a tactical genious, I think, I'll take Nuneaton Burough or somebody similar to the Champions League and World Domination in 2 years, honest. I don't know how, but I'll try. icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WEll only one person has told me what team they are going and that is rouchie who is going West Ham. Everybody else? Well get yer finger's out and tell me your teams!!!! icon_mad.gificon_biggrin.gif

Has Andy not sent you the rules at all??

He hosts the game, but when the big stuff is needed, he has no idea about the matters!! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif muahaha

Well, I'd like to also say Welcome to both our new players, David and Craig.

David - With regards on choosing teams, you can start with any team from Division 1 all the way to the conference North/South.

You can apply for any Premiership jobs you want but cannot start as a Prem team icon_smile.gif

Hi everyone,

I've been playing Championship manager for years now.

But I want to get into playing an online game, I know your thread, further up, says that this league is by invitation only, is this maning I need to be friensd with someone who is already in the league?. Is there anyway that I can come into your league?

Kind regards,

H0ckeyNut

aka. David

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H0ckeyNut:

Hi everyone,

I've been playing Championship manager for years now.

But I want to get into playing an online game, I know your thread, further up, says that this league is by invitation only, is this maning I need to be friensd with someone who is already in the league?. Is there _anyway_ that I can come into your league?

Kind regards,

H0ckeyNut

aka. David <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for your interest David, I've spoken with yourself on msn about this matter icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Has Andy not sent you the rules at all??

He hosts the game, but when the big stuff is needed, he has no idea about the matters!! icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif muahaha

Well, I'd like to also say Welcome to both our new players, David and Craig.

David - With regards on choosing teams, you can start with any team from Division 1 all the way to the conference North/South.

You can apply for any Premiership jobs you want but cannot start as a Prem team icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oi Frankfurter away and study!!!!! icon_razz.gif

I didn't send him the rules cause I don't have them anymore. icon_frown.gif

I told David what teams he could go. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rouchie:

andy h

can you give me your credit card number, security pin and the keys to your hous please? icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Wait rouchie I will send them in the post. You want my life savings with that as well? icon_wink.gif

Archived