Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes there is need to be a smart arse because it seems people are too ignorant to actually read what firstly, this game is all about.

You also fail to notice all the advice I have given you within the forum, you don't read the forum, you don't read the rules and like you just have done, still ask for a link to join the game.

I have already said that you don't seem to be able to follow simple instructions, and you are showing it right here by continuing to ask to join the game.

You have not even read what this game is about, you may want a game, but you certainly aint joining this one no matter how many times you ask.

Simplythebest35, your just as idle, there are about 4 posts above yours telling someone that they aint going to join the game cos its invitation only.........I can tell you when we play, but it aint upto you if you play in this game, thats upto myself or Andy and I can assure you, failing to read our actually thread with the simple instructions off, "dont post in this thread asking to join the game, contact us by msn or email" seems a very impossible task to do for some people.

EFB is and will be invitation only, all non-clan posts will be removed to keep the threads quality.

Thank You!

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Where It All Begins

Earlier this afternoon it was announced that Paul Sturrock had left Sheffield Wednesday football club amidst a heap of personal troubles that could not allow him to carry on his role as manager. His replacement is unknown Scottish manager Andrew Hepburn and what a huge task he has ahead of him.

He commented, " This is a huge task for me in my first managerial role. Sheffield Wednesday are one of the sleeping giants of the English game and I feel I can take them back to where they belong - At the top of the domestic game and then into europe".

So it seems Hepburn has the confidence to do a job at Sheffield Wednesday. So it was into pre season and Hepburn looked at the squad and identified what areas needed strengthening. He was given a very generous budget by the board of £200k and here is what he did with it:

Transfers In

Luke Guttridge - £100k from Cambridge

Jamie Victory - £75k from Cheltenham

Eoin Jess - £5k from Notts Forest

Luis Costa - £3k from Casa Pia

Issac Okoronkwo - Free Transfer

Bernard Diomede - Free Transfer

Steffen Freund - Free Transfer

Jordi Cruyff - Free Transfer

Mattias Thylander - Free Transfer

It was then onto pre season friendlies and Hepburn left the assistant in charge while he went on scouting missions to try and find more talent to join the ranks at Wednesday. The friendlies did not go well as Hepburn's assistant did not play the new signings and they did not manage a single win during pre season. So it was a bad start to the season for the morale of the team.

The League Campaign

The season began with the Owls being given a tough start tot he season with fixtures with Huddersfield and Tranmere respectively. Here is a rundown of the latest games......

Huddersfield v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-1

Tough start to the season saw the owls travel to Huddersfield and it proved just as difficult a game as first thought. The owls never really got going and were dominated by a strong Huddersfield side really wanting the victory and they got it.

Sheffield Wednesday v Tranmere - (H) - 0-1

Hepburn's first game in front of his home fans and he was definitely wanting to show them what he had done to the team and was wanting a good performance and the right result. It was quite an even encounter with both teams showing early season performances with hardly any shots on target as the strikers find some form. The game was settled by a man with the famous second name of Zola and this Zola played for Tranmere. So two games into the new campaign and no wins for the owls.

Peterborough v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 3-1

Finally a win!! Superb win for the owls here and finally got there season up and running. Peterborough did go in front for all of two minutes but then Jordi Cruyff stepped up and fired his first goal for Wednesday. This goal seemed to kick start Wednesday into life and they suddenly looked a different team. The passing was crisp and slick and the confidence was starting to show. They increased their lead in sixty seven minutes with a Lee Peacock goal and Luke Guttridge grabbed his first goal for the owls to seal their first win of the league campaign.

So it has been a difficult start to managerial life for gaffer Hepburn but he is starting to find his feet and so are his new look team.

crawleypauls.jpg

The Crawley Town FC Story – Season 1

The preseason games were largely meaningless as the assistant manager, Dave Swindlehurst took control while Paul Rouch focussed on the signing of staff and players (and also because we lost most of them)

On the coaching side, Jorge Campos was brought in with Ben Iroha to give this newly promoted side some structured training. Mark Bradshaw was employed to add to the minimal scouting at Crawley.

On the playing staff, in came Simon Downer, a promising young defender, Ross Willington was signed up for defensive midfield duties, Carl Laurie for his versatility, able to play Right Left and Centre of defence and midfield. Dean Stevens was another versatile signing, able to play midfield or attack in the centre or on the left. Finally Terry Cooke was signed on a free. The ex Man Utd youth player was signed for the midfield. All signings were free as the limited budget of £9,000 meant that Paul Rouch has to be very mindful of the finances. John Spicer was loaned in for the season from Arsenal.

And so to the season proper……..

Forest Green (A) 14th August 2004

An away match for newly promoted Crawley and we were unlucky as Forest Green managed to hold on to the early strike from Jefferson Louis to take all 3 points

Forest Green 1 Crawley 0

MOM Ben Cleverley (Forest Green)

ATT 577

Woking (A) 17th August 2004

Another away match and Crawley looking for some points on the board, an exciting game that exploded in the second half. A first half penalty from Ian Selley gave Woking an ill deserved lead until Marney equalised to see both teams in at half time level. A bizarre own goal from the curiously named Dom Blizzard gave Crawley the lead, until Woking struck twice in 5 minutes to recapture the advantage with Mann and Ferguson both netting. Supersub Danny Davidson struck twice in the final 10 minutes to give Crawley a well earned victory and the first points of the season! icon_wink.gif

Woking 3 Crawley 4

MOM John Spicer (Crawley)

ATT 998

York (H) 21st August 2004

At home at last! Danny Marney set the reds up early with a 7th minute strike, but York equalised through Robison midway through the first half. A penalty to Crawley gave Traynor the opportunity to restore the advantage on the stroke of half time, which he duly converted! The second half saw Hankin extend the lead and secure another win for the Reds! icon14.gif

Crawley 3 York 1

MOM Ian Simpemba (Crawley)

ATT 1234

Dagenham & Redbridge(H) 28th August 2004

Another home game and Crawley are looking to build on their back to back wins against Woking and York. A finely balanced game with few chances in the first half and both teams going in goal less at the end of 45. Davidson was let loose in the second half, in place of Marney and he wasted no time in getting his name on the score sheet with a superbly taken strike to give Crawley the lead they deserved icon_biggrin.gif The reds held on to this lead like their lives depended on it and secured their 3rd successive win!!

Crawley 1 Dag & Red 0

MOM Glen Southam (Dag & Red)

ATT 1053

All in all a good first month which came to a close with Crawley sitting 4th in the Conference National League, confounding all the tipsters who saw Crawley as relegation favourites!

The Titties News

Ashton gate was a little shaken today after the board announced the departure of player manager Brian Tinnion after only 3 league games. Brian only managed 1 point in these 3 games, which was enough to convince the board that a new manager was neccessary. The fans however were less than happy when they announced young and inexperienced Scottish lad David Johnston as their new boy in charge. The fans felt the team was more deserving of a top name manager with at least a few years experience under his belt. Speaking with the Western Daily Press David Johnston spoke of the enormous task at hand in turning the fortunes of Bristol City Football Club around, he has this to say:

"I have been told by the board what is expected of me, and I also have been given a tight budget to work to, which will involve getting rid of a few players of an already very small squad in order to reduce the wage total. I have also heard from a few fans who have high expectations of promotion, which I hope I can deliver to them. I only hope the fans will give me time to make a mark on the team, I believe I am the man to deliver them the glory they deserve."

David's first decision was to accept an offer of £3k from Chippenham for 20 year old defender Sekani Simpson, however this money will go nowhere to clearing the club's £1.3M debt.

After only a week David was given his first challenge, an away league game against Oldham:

Oldham (A) 21st August 2004

This game started off very slow for both teams, with the first few chances falling to the home side. Not really much more to mention from the first half, with the teams going in level 0-0 at half time. Again the second half started off very slow with a few missed chances at either end, but with about 25 minutes left to play Johnston swapped both strikers out and brought on 2 pairs of fresh legs to try and cause the defence a few problems, and it worked. In the 82nd minute Lee Miller finished off a marvellous counter attack for the titties making it 1-0. Not settling for this win Bristol went all out to finish the game off and in the 92nd minute they were rewarded for their effort with another lovely goal this time for Christian Roberts, so both strikers getting a share of the goals. The match ended with a flurry of excitement as Bristol missed an easy chance in the 94th minute to extend their win even further, but 2-0 it finished in the end, a great start for Johnston.

Oldham 0 Bristol City 2

MOM Brian Tinnion (Bristol)

ATT 10128

After getting his first win under his belt Johnston decided to go out and spend the vast majority of the clubs transfer funds on one player, signing Lithuanian striker Ricardas Beniushis for £170k from Kaunas. Johnston claims that Ricardas is a deadly finisher and one to watch for top goalscorer come the end of the season.

Johnston is also after a younger midfielder to replace Tinnian, but his target of Mexican Pastor Lozano from Tabasco will no longer go ahead due to lack of funds, so it's back to the drawing board.

Next game sees Bristol City take on Watford in the first round of the League Cup, Johnston's first chance to show what he can really do, at home and against English Championship opposition.

Watford (H) 25th August 2004

Under-dogs Bristol took the game straight too Watford and after only 18 minutes new boy Beniushis opened the scoring with a fantastic finish, manager Johnston was right he is deadly in front of goal. This was confirmed when he did exactly the same thing again to make it 2-0 after 62 minutes. So a debut double for the new boy put Bristol City into round 2, where they will play away against Hull.

Bristol City 2 Watford 0

MOM Ricardas Beniushis (Bristol)

ATT 12391

In a frantic dash to beat the transfer deadline manager Johnston submitted a lower bid for Lozano, which he is confident will be accepted in time, but as a back up he has also tabled an offer of £35k for Icelandic Sverrir Sverrison, which was accepted and he is now considering the contract.

Final game of the month of August sees Bristol City take on 2nd place Hartlepool at home.

Hartlepool (H) 30th August 2004

A very even an uneventful match was spoiled in the last minute by a defensive slip up, giving Hartlepool an undeserved win, no more to say about this match, except that Bristol suffered their 4th serious injury in 3 matches, Lee Miller out for 4 weeks.

Bristol City 0 Hartlepool 1

MOM Steve Phillips (Bristol)

ATT 8139

Last news for August, signed Sverrir Sverrison for £30k.

barrowpeter.jpg

So let’s get on with the next instalment of this push for the conference

So with losing out to Mr Gold in the race to sign the left sided midfielder: - D Bolt I was told by one of my scouts that a certain L Sharpe might be willing to come to us.

With this in mind we sent out the invitation for a weeks trail to see if he was still fit enough to play at our level †if he can walk 10 paces with no problems he is fit enough to play for us “

He came down and had a look at our place asked a few questions and sampled the club house beer and was ready to put pen to paper for us. We the coaches still put him through the 10 paces test in which he passed with flying colours. Low and behold L Sharpe is the latest player to join our band of merry men. (They have been in the club house to long me thinks)

The next game

21 Aug 04 … away @ Stafford Rangers

With a few injuries to the team we set out to play an away game at Marston Road the home of Stafford Rangers who at the time were above us in the league (was not everybody )

With a crowd of 511 coming out to see if we were going to lose yet again they were going to be in for a big surprise.

We decided to change the system around a bit and try and make it a bit tighter at the back so we started to play a 4-1-3-2 system.

With this in mind it was down to the midfield to be the engine of the team and giving a debut to Sharpe had done the trick.

We were better to the ball and closing down a lot better all over the park. The added bonus of having that extra player keeping tabs on the defence was a gods send as this aloud our wingers to cause havoc down the flanks and see us go 2-0 up before half time.

The second half was a bit closer as Rangers went for the kill trying to get a goal back that would see them in a position to put us under a lot of pressure.

With this in mind we went for the counter attack and came away with another goal that killed the game off. The result had put us up to 7th in the league and made the journey home a night to remember

End result …3-0 win

Scorers Parke 36, Sharpe 43, Salmon 53.

MoM Ghent… 8/10 … Barrow

So we have had our first win of the season in the league and the team were in a buoyant mood and with a week to go before our next match we decided to give the players an extra day off.

So a few of the players decided to make the most of the day off by having a round of golf and a few went of to the race track to try and make their millions. But a youngish player decided to put in the extra time off by coming to the ground and doing a bit of extra training. (good for him I thought, but something was going to set us back because of this extra training) the player in question was Lee Sharpe and was putting himself through a good 4 hr work out.

The next few days saw the coaches working on a few set pieces and the team were all looking forward to the next match at home to Alfreton who at the time of writing this were in the top 3. with such a big game coming up I decided to name the team a day early so we could try out a few things on the training pitch.

The extra training by L Sharpe was now having its effect as he seemed to have pulled his hamstring and would be out of action for at least 2 weeks. He said he felt a twinge but never let on and thought he could pass it off. But with the beasting the coaches were putting my squad of players through he was found out and now will have to watch the next few games from the stands.

28 Aug 04 … Home to Alfreton

So here we go against one of the teams that are in the running for a play off place with the bookies, and a team in fine form that had not let a goal in their last few games.

With the last result for us going our way with the formation it was decided to play a 4-1-3-2 again to see if we have hit on the formation that would see us in good stead in this league.

A good crowd of 882 had come out on a hot sunny day only to find the 2 teams evenly matched. In the first half both teams were finding it hard at getting a goal we had 4 shots at goal but none going into the back of the net and Alfreton only having the 1 shot.

Into the second half we went and tried to up the pressure to try and get this all important goal. We did get an attack going down the right hand side of the pitch late on in the match where Kewley had risen above the defence to head in a goal that we all thought was legal. Steve Chittenden the ref for today’s game had decided that the goal would not stand as he was given the flag by his linesman that Kewley had moved to early and was given off side.

The end result for us that even though we had the upper hand in this game we could not finish of the stubborn defence from Alfreton. With 7 shots to their 1 and most of the play the team came off to reception from the crowd that was pleasing to the ears as the whole ground had got behind their home team.

With this result today we now find ourselves mid table but still a few points of a play off place.

End result …0-0 Draw

Scorers None

MoM Skelton… 8/10 … Barrow

More to follow …

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/chef580/wrexhamnicks.jpg[/img

Pre Match build up

Our next encounter saw us play Colchester at home. The team remainded unchanged for this game with us looking us to put our first 3 points on the board.

Wrexham 1 v 3 Colchester

Wrexham took an early lead with a good attacking move and Fergeson finishing the move off with a finish just inisde the box. We then felt the sucker punch just before half time with Williams finishing off from slack defending. We then felt the sucker punch just before half time with Williams finishing off from slack defending.

Second half both teams came out trying to find the winner Colechester's pressure previeled in the 50th minute as Williams headed home. Wrexham then piled on the pressure but couldn't find the equaliser. Colchester then sent the Wrexham fans into further dismay as Willaims rounded off his hattrick.

The next Monday a new signing was introduced. Versatile Kris Taylor on loan from Walsall was introduced to the team.

Kris Taylor: Tall left footed defender/midfielder at an inexperienced age.

Pre match build up:

The next match saw us take on Tranmere away in the league cup. The players out included captain Carey and striker Sam. Replaced by Taylor and Warhurst.

Tranmere 3 v 0 Wrexham

Andrews was sent off in the 11th minute. The 10 man Wrexham couldn't handle Tranmere as they went into half time 2-0 up.

Various changes where then made in personal at half time but couldn't stop Tranmere adding another to their total going out worthy winners 3-0.

Pre match build up

Our next match saw us take on a tricky Doncaster at Bell Vue. Changes included Andrews in for Whitley. Other things to note was the inclusion of Armstrong to the bench.

Doncaster 2-1 Wrexham

Another disappointing Wrexham turned out for the first half as Ipoua took Doncaster into a 1-0 lead at half time.

Second half was a different story especially after Ipoua doubled Doncasters lead with a identcal headed goal. Wrexham then woke up with sub Sam finishing a good move. Wrexham then piled on the pressure with 3 good chances in the final 5 minutes but Doncaster held on with Wrexham keeping the unwanted record of no wins.

who says the update was poor ....at least you have found the time to do an update, some people just dont they just play the game in their clans and post when told to do so

every little helps to get a jist of whats going on in your clan game and how you are running your team.

crawleypauls.jpg

Halifax (A) 11th September 2004

A good first half performance saw Crawley emerge with a goal from Danny Marney and looking well in control, and this continued for most of the second half until Robert Traynor was given a second yellow, and red card 0n 82 for a silly trip on Crowe, after this Halifax were given hope and tried to take advantage of their numerical supremacy. Killeen finally grabbing the equaliser on 89 minutes leaving Paul Rouch apoplectic with rage on the touchline, and Traynor not looking forward to the post match briefing.

Halifax 1 Crawley 1

MOM Danny Marney (Crawley)

ATT 989

Hereford (H) 18th September 2004

With Crawley performing above expectations at the moment a bumper crowd turned out to watch this home match, but were left feeling very shortchanged in a dull match with no goals to cheer for either set of fans

Crawley 0 Hereford 0

MOM Danny Williams (Hereford)

ATT 2551

Exeter (A) 25th September 2004

While Crawley seem to be going on a bit of a run, unbeaten since their opening day defeat, it is a measure of their early success that the manager has not been happy with the form displayed in the last 2 games, which have ended as draws. Crawley took the advantage in the opening 45 with a well struck free kick from Dean Stevens. Exeter replied in the second half with a goal from Marcus Martin shortly before Exeters Marvin Bryan was dismissed. Crawley were unable to take advantage of the dismissal and Crawley took a third successive draw.

Exeter 1 Crawley 1

MOM Matt Rees (Crawley)

ATT 2015

Northwich (H) 28th September 2004

A poor month with 3 points picked up in 3 games got worse as Crawley dominated this game but left with nothing to show for it, leaving the visitors with all 3 points. Mark Quayle could hardly believe his good fortune when Northwich ventured in to the Crawley half for the first time, on the hour, and his shot hit the back of the net to give Northwich the lead, which the Reds were unable claw back.

Crawley 0 Northwich 1

MOM Kevin Readings (Northwich)

ATT 1660

After the superb start in August Crawley appear to have lost their way in September with 3 draws and a defeat pushing them down to 8th. It has to be said that as the pundits tipped this team as relegation fodder at the start, 8th is not a disgraceful position to be in. But the Crawley Manager is ambitious and feels he has the squad to achieve those ambitions, so he certainly is not happy as things stand. icon_mad.gif

barrowpeter.jpg

Welcome to another update

Redditch ...(A) 11th Sept 04

So here at the valley the home of Redditch we send out a strong squad to try and get a result. With a crowd of 317 that are out in the rain who would have thought the result that was going to be.

Mid way through the first half Redditch get a throw near their corner flag. We decide to box the home team in by the flag and our work seems to have paid off when an interception from Lynott had put in Patterson, who with a first time cross crossed a ball straight across the goal area for an on running Anthony who smashed the ball into the bottom left hand corner for his first goal for the club.

We went into the break a goal up and with a lot of confidence that we could come away with all 3 points. Seeing as we were not under a lot of pressure in the first half we went at the team in red with all guns blazing.

All through the game we had tried to beat their offside trap and in the 54th minute it was broken. The old man upfront tried to out run the defence after he was played through with a pass from the midfield. Soon he was surrounded by the defenders but his strength and his old wise head made him space just outside the box. With a one two with the ball at his feet it was the ball that was doing all the work as it was hit into the bottom left hand side of the net which was just out of the reach of the keeper.

The next goals were total flukes as both players had meant them as crosses but they both counted and were goals that had killed off the home team.

We have had a good result here today and the win has moved us up to 9th in the league.

End result …4-0 Win

Scorers Anthony 32, Parke 54, Skelton 64, Ashington 75

MoM Anthony… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in league 9th

Moor Green…(H) 18th Sept 04

A home game and a big crowd has turned out to see us play, 812 to be precise to see if we could take another 3 points from a team that were mid table. We got off to a good start with a looping header from Parke after 18 minutes and that’s how it stayed until the break.

Into the second half saw Barrow take further control of the match. A free kick was awarded just outside Moor Greens penalty area. A fight nearly broke out between my own players as who was to take the free kick. Muppets in the end it was up to Skelton to take the kick. One kick A la Beckham 2-0 to us. Game over you think? No!

Some poor defending from a corner so soon after us going 2-0 up gave Foy a goal from 6yards 2-1.

Now with only minutes to go we were caught out by the sucker punch. As we were pushing up to play an off side, a one two with the strikers saw Dowdall get the blind side of Cotterill and a free shot at the goal. 2-2 and it feels like the heavens have opened up on me and my team. We were so close to be getting all the points but now we have just the one.

End result …2-2 Draw

Scorers Parke 18, Skelton 58,

MoM Sanders… 8/10 … Moor Green

Position in league 10th

Ashton Utd...(A) 25th Sept 04

What a warm welcome we were given at Surrey Street. This game could have gone either way early in the first half as both team had the chances to put the ball into the net. It was left to the last 5 minutes of the first half before we did see the ball hit the back of the net.

It was down to Paterson who at this stage was playing well and so well infact he was keeping out L Sharpe out of the first eleven to get a deep cross in for Shandran to get a volley in and blast the ball past the keeper.

A corner for us not so long after the first goal going in doubled up to make it 2-0 to us when Paterson got his name on the score sheet.

Into the 2nd half we were giving a bonus when Morris found himself getting an early bath after he was booked for the 2nd time when he tripped up Parke. We could not take advantage of the 10 men in front of us but did have our time in front of their goal having a bit of shooting practice, but for all the shoots we had we could not get the ball into their net.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Shandran 40, Paterson 44

MoM Paterson… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in league 7th

Hinckley...(H) 28th Sept 04

Now this was a biggie for us as we were playing a team that were playing well and in 2nd place in the league. Our biggest crowd of the season had turned out to see us,1074 had come out on the dry warm day.

Into the first half and no team could get the break through. We were out classed in the midfield and looking a bit tired. We were playing 3 in the centre of the park against the 4 from Hinckley. With this problem we had found that our strikers were not getting the service and not getting the ratings they should be getting.

We both had the same amount of shots at goal as Hinckley but the shots were not putting the visitor’s keeper under too much pressure.

A slight change in the centre of the park for us paid dividends as we got the break through that we were after, 2 goals from the old timer up front had given us all the points.

A few people at the club had their doubts about getting a player that is near the end of his time of playing competitive football. But the old wise head was helping the young team that I had here at Holker Street.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Parke 71, 81

MoM Parke… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in league 5th

The money spinner

Well its time for the small fry to get their boots dirty on the road to a bigger bank balance and maybe a few big scalps along the way. Yes that time is the FA Cup, all be it the qualifying rounds but never the less the start of the long road to celebrity status if we get that far.

So who are we up against? Being as it’s just the qualifiers it won’t be the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal. But looking at the teams just named we do have an away tie and in the capital and a team that are in a league below us so we are made as favourites for the game. Could this be the start of a long run in the cup or will it be our banana skin?

FA Cup 2nd qualifying round

Hampton & Richmond...(A) 2nd Oct 04

We have had a few players that were not quite fit or suspended so we have had to change the team around. Saying that we have had to do these we still feel confident that we will be in the next round come the end of the night.

We start of well but are caught out with a quick break and a well taken goal by De Luca after only 14 minutes. The defence were caught out when a bit of poor defending had seen De Luca one on one with the keeper, his cool finish had given H & R the start they had wanted but not us.

Looking at the start I still thought we were in with a chance of getting something out of the game. We had plenty of chances to pull a goal back and may be even go in front.

We did get a goal back from the man of the moment who can’t stop scoring for us, Parke who rose above the defence to head the ball into the net from a cross that came in from the right.

So we both go in all square but deep down in my heart I believe we should be going in on top from all the chances we have had.

Cross by name and cross by nature. David Cross had put the home team in front after only 10 minutes of the 2nd half being played. Now we have a fight on our hands just trying to get back into the match. H & R had decided to try and hold out for the remainder of the game and we had to throw caution to the wind and try and get a goal back, but still trying not to leave to many gaps at the back.

With a crowd of 1868 in the Beveree stadium all calling for the ref to blow at anything that was not going the home teams way we found we were slowly going out of the cup.

We had chance after chance but could still not get the ball in the net even trying to go to a 4-2-4 and put real pressure on the home team it was not going to be our day.

End result …2-1 Defeat

Scorers Parke 43.

MoM Anthony… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in Cup Out

So the bank manager isn’t going to be happy with us as this was going to be a money spinner for us and hopefully keep our heads above water for a few months but now I will have to come up with another plan to get some money. Maybe we will have to sell a few players!

More to Follow…

Lads, looks like I might not make it tomorrow night, I have managed to screw my FM up on my PC and my disc wont reinstall! I will try and get a replacement, but not sure I wuill make it in time icon_frown.gif

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Season over already???

Things are not going according to the plans that gaffer Andrew Hepburn had for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club. The Owls are currently languishing in the bottom half of the table and seemly unable to hit the back of the net on a regualr basis. The fans are getting edey but Hepburn has appealed that he will turn the season around and get the Owls into the Championship for next season.

The League Campaign

Nine games into the season and the league table has a disturbing look about it if you are a Sheffiled Wednesday fan. They lie in 16th place at the moment having only scored six goals in nine games and conceding five in the process. Here is a rundown of the games played recently......

Sheffield Wednesday v Swindon - (H) - 0-0

A game that should have been all but sealed by half time. That was the domination the Owls had over Swindon but could not find the back of the net. Chance after chance went astray and Hepburn must have been wondering how his team managed to squander two points at home.

Stockport v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-1

It was all to familar a story for Hepburn's misfiring duds as again numerous chances squandered. To be fair they showed great spirit to come back from 1-0 down with Lee Peacock getting the equaliser in twenty one minutes. Hepburn thought his team was gonna go on a score a few more such was the domination but the second goal never came and yet another two points squandered. The guilty culprit has to be Lee Peacock as he scored one but then went on to miss numerous chances that left gaffer Hepburn frustrated in the dug out.

Sheffield Wednesday v Port Vale - (H) - 0-0

This was an awful agme of football and the fans must have been wondering why they paid good money to see this. Only two shots on target in 90 minutes of football. It was dire stuff. On the goalscoring front it was going from bad to worse for the Sheffield Wednesday strikeforce.

Sheffield Wednesday v Colchester - (H) - 0-0

Another game and yet another goaless draw for Hepburn's men. In actual fact they had David Lucas in goal to thank for the clean sheet as at times he kept the Owls in this game with some terrific saves. Hepburn was not at all happy when he left the stadium and prolly wondering what he had to do to get his duds scoring goals.

Doncaster v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-1

So it was onto Doncaster for the Owls and Hepburn made the change up front by dropping Peacock and replacing him with new signing Luis Costa. Costa's input in the game was nothing but shocking. He missed the only chances the Owls had and then decided to get himself sent off with eleven minutes to go. It was a fairly even game but it was the finishing of Doncaster's Leo Fortune-West that made the difference.

Chesterfield v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0

A win at last!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

Hepburn's men finally got their second win of the league campaign much to the delight and relief of both himself and the fans. They left it late but the first came via an own goal from Ian Evatt but then up stepped Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu to seal the win and lift the spirits of the Owls ready for their next league encounter at home to Blackpool. Is this the start of the Wednesday season???

The League Cup Experience

Fist stop on the experience for the Owls was an away tie against League Two side Cheltenham. A game Wednesday should have won at a canter turned out to be a huge slog. A game dominated by the Owls and the usual scenario of missed chances galore and it was made even more embarrassing by Cheltenham being reduced to nine men and still the Owls only managed the one goal and in extra time as well. The goal came from new signing Mattias Thylander and it was a superb strike to boot.

In round two it was a nice home tie with Bristol Rovers and for once it was an easy win for the Owls. It was a debut double for new boy Luis Costa and he was in superb form throughout the match in actual fact. In between his double Matthew Hamshaw grabbed his first goal for Wednesday and sent them into round three where they have been drawn against Premiership side Everton.

LDV Vans Trophy

The Owls have made it into round two of this competition with another slog against highflying League Two side Macclesfield. Again usual story of a hatful of chances missed and then David Lucas blundered to give Macclesfield a surprise lead. The Owls hit back with a quick reply through Luke Guttridge and that was the end of the goalscoring till the penalty shootout when the MAcclesfield players just froze as Sheffield Wednesday easily won the penalty shootout 3-1. David Lucas was the hero and he felt he had a point to prove as it was his blunder that led to Macclesfield's opener. So into round two for the Owls where they will face Oldham at Hillsborough.

So early season has been a bit up and down for the Owls and hopefully the league win at Chesterfield will kick start their season.

Lads, sorry I've not been able to post this earlier but my password for here had eluded me. icon_smile.gif

As I told Andy a week or so ago now, I'm gonna have to drop out of the game for a while. This is for reasons which some of you know about, but I'm not gonna go into things on a messageboard. Anyway, I should be able to come back into the game if there's still space in a few months time, although this is work/shifts permitting.

Hope all goes well, and I that my Boston haven't suffered too much in my absence. Do they still have a 100% record? icon_biggrin.gif

efb1a.jpg

********ANNOUNCEMENT*********

Lads, tonight's game is postponed as I have to prepare for a job interview that I only found out about at the weekend and I am working most of the week leading up to so I basically need to prepare for it. Apologies but I think you will all understand. EFB will be back on Thursday night. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Johnston:

And I was here ready to play this time too icon_frown.gif. Ah well I guess that gives me time to hone my skills at Pro Evo 4, I'll master that overhead kick soon icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should be able to play every Monday and Thursday. icon_razz.gif

Good news rouchie well done. Now don't try and install stuff you don't know where it goes. Must be old age setting in. icon_razz.gif

I guess this must be the time for it, New Year and New Fortunes or something, but I have a job interview on Friday (something I've been waiting on for 2 months now, working for the Adidas Innovation Team, in the football department icon_smile.gif). Therefore I don't think I'll make it for Thursday night, just depends on how much preparation I can get done before then. Sorry again, but one of these days I'll get to take Bristol to the top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Johnston:

And I was here ready to play this time too icon_frown.gif. Ah well I guess that gives me time to hone my skills at Pro Evo 4, I'll master that overhead kick soon icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look who's talking!! icon_biggrin.gif

Yes Andy, you should be able to host every Monday and Thursday!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look who's talking!! icon_biggrin.gif

Yes Andy, you should be able to host every Monday and Thursday!! icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye and look who left as he had too much work on. You lose a couple of games then decide to retire as you know your gonna do sh1te in this clan game!!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_biggrin.gif

*Watches the fit bird with the Round 2 sign walk around the ring*

Ding Ding! icon_biggrin.gif

Now if we're going by the facts....it was 1 loss and 1 draw icon_smile.gif

How did your interview for a proper job go by the way? icon_biggrin.gif

crawleypauls.jpg

After a great start in August, and a poor September, Crawley were looking to improve in October, before they dropped to far down the table and ended up in the relegation battling zone!

Farnborough (H) 2nd October 2004

A disastrous start to the game with Paul Smith netting and OG after only 17 minutes, and Blair Sturrock getting another within 2 minutes, leaving Crawley trailing by 2. On loan John Spicer pulled one back before halftime but the damage was done icon_frown.gif

Crawley 1 Farnborough 2

MOM Lee Miles (Farnborough)

ATT 1829

Leigh RMI (A) 16th October 2004

A very tight game which, perhaps, Leigh even edged, but the only goal of the match came in the 90th minute, scored by Leigh’s own Ian Martin. Unfortunately he stuck it past his own keeper to give Crawley all three points! icon_biggrin.gif

Leigh 0 Crawley 1

MOM Matt Rees (Crawley)

ATT 751

Burton (A) 19th October 2004

A bright start from the Reds with Mapes netting after only 3 minutes, Laurie Wilson ands MOM Robbie Talbot both struck within 3 minutes of each other to cancel out Mapes earlier effort and give the advantage to Burton. Ducros extended the lead on 23 minutes, before Kember pulled one back on the half hour, but Talbot restored Burtons 2 goal Lead just before the break. 6 goals in the first half meant that both teams needed to shore up the defence, but this meant that neither side managed to score in the second 45 and Burton ran out winners.

Burton 4 Crawley 2

MOM Robbie Talbot (Burton)

ATT 684

Stevenage (H) 23rd October 2004

A lucky Stevenage took advantage of Crawley not being as wide awake at the kick off as they should have been, when Rob Quinn scored in the first minute for the visitors. Crawley were unable to break the Stevenage defence, Mark Rogers, MOM, marshalled the defensive line superbly to keep the reds at bay. Lightning struck a second time when Hodgson doubled the advantage within 2 minutes of the restart. Again, Crawley could not penetrate the Stevenage defence and were unlucky to get nothing from this game.

Crawley 0 Stevenage 2

MOM Mark Rogers (Stevenage)

ATT 1405

Gateshead (H) 30th October 2004 – FA Cup 4th Round Qualifers

A relieved Crawley ran out easy winners after this potential banana skin of a fixture! The two Danny’s grabbed 3 goals in the first 45 (Davidson 2 & Marney 1) and Charlie Mapes capped a MOM performance with Crawley’s 4th just before full time, putting Crawley in the draw for the first round proper icon_biggrin.gif

Crawley 4 Gateshead 0

MOM Charlie Mapes (Crawley)

ATT 1748

As October draws to a close Crawley sit mid table in the Conference National, and through to the 1st round proper of the FA Cup. The manager has now pulled in Lewis Buxton on loan to shore up the defence and is looking at one or two other loan opportunities to try and bring in some consistency.

barrowpeter.jpg

Kettering ...(A) 19th Sept 04

I keep the same team from the last game just to try and get some confidence into the players. With a tight first half and both teams having chances to open up the scoring, it was down to a counter break from us that caught the Kettering back line napping. We go into the break 1-0 up.

A change of our winger brought a better result for us in the second part of the game. 2 more goals had seen us take all the points and move us up in the league.

A good result for us and a good all round performance from the players out there on the pitch today.

End result …3-0 Win

Scorers Ashington 39, Skelton 60, Kitamirike 70.

MoM Ashington… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in league 3rd

Worcester...(H) 23rd Sept 04

A home game now and a crowd of 1469 have come out to see us play. This was not one of our better displays of the season. Infact I believe we were a bit lucky to get the result that we did.

We went behind to a goal from Snape after 19 minutes which was a bit of a howler on our part. We did get back into the game with a peach of a header from our striker Parke.

Truth be know this was a poor game from us we were under the cosh for most of the game and this is one of the games we need to work on, on what went wrong

End result …1-1 Draw

Scorers Parke 26.

MoM Paterson… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in league 4th

Hucknall...(H) 30th Sept 04

It looks like we have started where we have left off in our last match. We are p*ss poor at the moment. Seeing as we are the home team we do not have 1 shot at goal in the first half. Under all the pressure from Hucknall we are ripped open and lose a goal to right foot of McSweeny who puts a shot past our keeper to make it 1-0.

With still about 20 minutes to go in the first half we are fortunate to go in only the 1-0.

So into the dressing room the players go and what a load of sad faces are in there, even more so after I give them the riot act with the performance I have witnessed out on the park so far.

The players with ringing in their ears still new they set out to show me I was wrong to say what I did to them. Within a minute of the re start we are back on terms with yet another header from Parke 1-1.

I change a few players to spice up the team and it seems to have worked. Within a mad 4 minutes from both teams we end up getting two more goal to finally kill the game off.

End result …3-1 Win

Scorers Parke 46,69, Knight 67.

MoM Parke… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in league 2nd

Now it seems that we are one of the teams to be kept an eye on at the moment. With just the 2 defeats so far we have slowly moved up the table and even though we are in the play off place with a wrong result we could easily fall down the table. With this in mind I have sent my scouts out to keep an eye on the transfer market.

Hopefully we have a player coming in on loan for 3 months who should add a lot of quality to the squad I have now. We have had permission from his team and now its just down to the player.

More to follow….

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Tiger:

Anybody, gonna tell me how the lads are doing? Or is it worth asking? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bottom of the league Nick and not doing well at all. icon_frown.gif

The Titties News for November

After taking over control of Bristol City and doing a good job David Johnston decided he deserved a holiday in the Caribbean and also tried to secure a sponsorship deal with Adidas. Leaving his assistant manager in charge of the team for 2 months however was not a good idea. 6 defeats, 3 draws and 1 win was enough to draw Johnston back into the hot seat. Only time will tell if it is where he really belongs.

The results were as follows:

0-0 Luton (A)

2-3 Bradford City (A)

2-3 Hull (A) [League Cup 2nd Round]

1-1 Bournemouth (H)

2-0 Wrexham (H)

0-3 Torquay (A)

0-2 Sheffield Wednesday (H)

0-2 Huddersfield (A)

2-2 Tranmere (H)

0-1 Colchester (H) [LDV Vans Trophy S 2nd Round]

Next Match:

Swindon (H) 6th November 2004

First game back in charge and David Johnston was bitterly disappointed with the result. After conceding a goal in the 21st minute Bristol fought back and immediately claimed an equaliser through Lee Miller in the 24th minute. An excellent goal all round. However on the stroke of half time Bristol were reduced to 10 men after Luke Wilkshire was sent off for a second booking. The second half went by almost eventless, and the game ended 1-1. At least it was a point said Johnston after the game, more than my assistant could do, he said with a smile on his face.

Bristol City 1 Swindon 1

MOM Matthew Hewlett (Swindon)

ATT 11733

Peterborough (A) 10th November 2004

Peterborough went all out for this game with a 4-2-4 formation, hoping for a few goals I guess. After 20 minutes Amankwah plays a fantastic through ball to Beniushis who makes it 1-0. The lead only lasted 7 minutes before Peterborough equalise. Then 10 minutes later they get their 2nd, making it 2-1 at half time. Triple substitution in the second half pays off for Bristol City as Steven Gillespie equalises to make it 2-2. However just when they thought it was all over Peterborough grab a last minute winner to make it 3-2. Another disappointment for Dave.

Peterborough 3 Bristol City 2

MOM Adam Nowland (Peterborough)

ATT 3916

It’s FA Cup time ladies and gentlemen

Guiseley (H) 13th November 2004

1-33 favourites Bristol City get ready to take on lower league Guiseley in the FA cup. Looking to end a no win streak Bristol play a full strength team hoping for a few goals. Come on. A lot of angry faces can be seen walking in to the dressing room at half time as the 2 teams go in level at 0-0. But straight after the break Tony Butler gets his head on a corner and makes it 1-0. And after 55 minutes Guiseley have a man sent off. A couple of substitutions later and after 75 minutes Heffernan makes it 2-0. Then 2 minutes later he makes it 3-0 with a screamer from about 40 yards. And full time at 3-0 leaves Johnston finally with a smile on his face.

Bristol City 3 Guiseley 0

MOM Scott Murray (Bristol)

ATT 9351

And the draw for the next round is Swindon or Barnet away. At a press conference David Johnston declared himself pleased with the draw and hopes to find his team in the next round.

Stockport (A) 20th November 2004

Johnston hopes for a league win to help Bristol claw their way back out of the relegation zone. And after 25 minutes they take the lead through Heffernan, the guy is on fire. Half time and Bristol hold on to their 1 goal advantage. Bristol are having to withstand a lot of pressure with 30 minutes still to be played. 72 minutes gone and Amankwaah makes it 2-0. But only 5 minutes later Stockport pull 1 back. The game ends with an abundance of chances at either end. Stockport going all out for the equaliser give Bristol a number of chances on the counter attack. But neither team can add another goal and the game ends 2-1 to Bristol. A fantastic result for the titties.

Stockport 1 Bristol City 2

MOM Tommy Doherty (Bristol)

ATT 9838

The final game of the night sees Bristol play hosts to Colchester, and Bristol will be looking for revenge for the cup game only a few weeks earlier.

Colchester (H) 23rd November 2004

The final game of the night and it starts off in a positive way for Bristol. Steven Gillespie opens the scoring after 22 minutes to make it 1-0 Bristol. Bristol go in a goal ahead at the break, and come out looking for more straight after. However Heffernan misses a penalty to make it 2-0 but Steven Gillespie takes the rebound. And on 52 minutes Heffernan is given another chance from the spot, and this time he takes it making it 3-0. Tony Butler gets on the end of a corner to make it 4-0. And thats how it ends, 4-0. A great way to end the night.

Bristol City 4 Colchester 0

MOM Paul Heffernan (Bristol)

ATT 7152

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Slowly Building Up Some Momentum???

The owls season has been slowly picking up after a quite shocking start to the season. The goals have started flying in in the last few games and the fans are starting to hope of glory come the end of the season.

The League Campaign

Sixteen games into the season and Hepburn's Owls find themselves in eleventh position and ready to charge ontot he play offs after a fairly decent run of form. Here is a rundown of the latest games.....

Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool - (H) - 4-0

After a scrappy win at Chesterfield it was time for the Owls to entertain Blackpool and what a performance they put on for the fans who have been craving goals all season long. The Owls dominated most of the game allowing the odd long shot from Blackpool but were never really in trouble. It did however take till the forty fifth minute before Wednesday turned their domination into goals. It was that man Ndumbu-Nsungu who opened the scoring again with a superb run and shot. The second half it was goals, goals and more goals as they turned their possession into goals. Only a minute intot he second half and Ndumbu-Nsungu made it two for him and two for Wednesday. Then came a Jordi Cruyff penalty made it three nil and Matthew Hamsahw rounded off a fabulous performance by making it four nil to the Owls.

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0

Wednesday continued on their great run of form with a superb two nil victory away at rivals Bristol City managed by another Scot David Johnston who unfortunately was away on holiday and not able to witness this trouncing of his men. icon_wink.gif. It really was one way traffic from the off and it was a pity it was not more. The goals did not come till the second half when Jordi Cruyff managed to put them ahead but the game was not secure till seven minutes from time when Ndumbu-Nsungu scored yet another goal to bag the three points for the Owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Barnsley - (H) - 3-0

Another super performance from the Owls here as the Owls swept aside a poor Barnsley team. They made it tough for the Owls at times but they still managed to find a way through three times. An early goal put the Owls on their way scored by Ndumbu-Nsungu after only six minutes. It put Barnsley on the back foot and they never recovered and Sheffield Wednesday never let them back into the match. Matthew Hamshaw made it two nil on the half hour and the Owls were on easy street from then on in. Jordi Cruyff made it three nil via the penalty spot but still Hepburn felt his team should have scored more goals.

Hull v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-2

This game was a case of defensive suicide from the Owls. Hepburn made a couple of enforced changes for this game as Luis Costa came in for scoring sensation Ndumbu-Nsungu and Glenn Whelan came in for the injured Eoin Jess. The game was quite a tense affair with neither team wanting to lose more ground on the leaders. Luis Costa put the Owls one nil up with fourteen minutes to go and Hepburn thought that would be it as Hull had given the Owls defence no real problems. However after the goal the Owls defence just sat back and paid the price as Hull managed to equalise and then a debateable last minute penalty was enough to end the owls unbeaten run.

Walsall v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-2

This game was a game of missed chances for the owls as they sufffered their second defeat in a row in the league. Walsall came at the owls from kick off and went ahead only for the owls to step up a few gears and managed to get an equaliser through Jordi Cruyff who has been sensational for the owls so far this season. Hepburn thought his team would go on and win quite comfortably but it wasn't the case. They had chances but they suffered the problem they had earlier on in the season. They could not hit the target. Against the run of play Walsall grabbed a winner and that was that. Poor shooting the problem again for the owls.

Sheffield Wednesday v Brentford - (H) - 0-0

A game where the owls were lucky to escape with just a point. A poor performance and another two points dropped at home. Brentford had numerous chances but could not find a way past David Lucas in the owls goal. It was a poor performance and Hepburn did not look pleased at full time.

Sheffield Wednesday v Oldham - (H) - 3-0

This game saw a return to form for the owls. They looked a different team from the one that played so poorly against Brentford. Hepburn surely had a few words in a few of the players' ears as they were on top form for this one. Two goals in the opening twelve minutes for the owls helped them on their way. The goals came from Luis Costa and Eoin Jess. This knocked Oldham for six and they could not get themsleves back into the game. The owls kept the ball well and made Oldham chase the game, it was a really professional performance from Hepburn's men. Hepburn's men added a third goal in the second half as Luis Costa grabbed his second goal of the game. Superb performance and back to winning ways for the owls.

The League Cup Experience

It was onto the third round for the owls who were drawn against Everton at Goodison Park. It was a night to forget for the owls as they were thrashed five - one. This also had an effect for the next couple of games as morale suffered from the loss much to the displeasure of manager Hepburn.

LDV Vans Trophy

Progress has been made into the quarter finals of this respective competition at the expense of Oldham in a two - nil win at Hillsborough. Goals from Jordi Cruyff and Ndumbu-Nsungu were enough to see the owls into the quarter finals where they will face a tough test away at Tranmere.

The FA Cup

Round one of the Fa cup saw Tranmere travel to Hillsborough for the televised FA Cup game. It was a great advert for League One football as both teams put on a great performance. It was end to end stuff and a real cup tie atmosphere to go with it. The star of the game was Eoin Jess who grabbed a superb hat trick to help the owls into round two. Luis Costa grabbed a fourth. Tranmere grabbed two goals through the man with e famous second name in Calvin Zola but it was not enough for Tranmere.

So the season is starting to pick up for the owls after a disappionting start to Hepburn's first season in charge.

Archived