Englischer Fussball Bund - FM2005! (EFB-05) [*Established Clan*]

Goldy

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

barrowpeter.jpg

FA Trophy 1st round

Bamber Bridge ...(A) 6th Nov 04

After a few shaky starts in the league we find ourselves in a cup game.

Things started to go well for us I thought after 17 minutes into the game. The ref had decided to show the colour of his cards to one of the Bambers defenders. D Kent was sent off for 2 yellow cards ( Bonus) now we had a chance to put some pressure on the home team.

NOOOOOO it cant be we have the man advantage but we find ourselves a goal down to Bamber in which Honour slotted the ball over the advancing keeper to give the home team the lead after 27 minutes.

YESSSSSS now we must be favourites to win the game. We now find we are playing against 9 men from Bamber Bridge. So late into the first half the ref had decided to send Bowman off for a bit of back chat.

So into half time and now to give my team talk to the Muppets.

‘ We must keep possession of the ball, let the ball do the work and not the ball work you. Start to pull them out wide to get at there backs, they will soon get tired at chasing shadows(no we don’t have Hank Marvin in our team ) and for gods sake don’t lose the ball like we did in the first half, if we give the ball away many more times we’ll have to register as a charity. Go out there and kick Arses and get us into the next round of the cup’

I might as well have just have talked to the floor as my players went from bad to worse. We now find there is 25 minutes left in the game but we are slowly going out of another cup before we have really started. We are playing against 9 men but we still can’t find any way of getting a goal. The only goal that does come is from the home team.

End result …2-0 Defeat

Scorers none.

MoM Whitehead… 9/10 … Bamber Bridge

Position in cup out

Vauxhall Motors...(H) 9th Nov 04

I’m sure we are supposed to be the home team today. The way we are playing it does not look like it at the moment. We go behind to a pile driver from Szmid from outside the box to send the car team 1-0 up after only 4 minutes.

This is how the game finishes and at the moment we are not firing on all cylinders. It must be something to do with the cup as it seems to have affected the team more than I thought. Oh well I have no more problems about cup games as I’m out of all of them till next season.

End result …1-0 Defeat

Scorers none.

MoM Babb… 8/10 … Vauxhall Motors

Position in league 4th

Lancaster...(A) 17th Nov 04

We don’t have far to travel for our next away game. With a few players not hitting the mark in the last few matches I decide to change a few players to freshen up the team.

It seems to have worked a treat as we are at Lancaster team’s throats right from the start. We get our noses in front after only 9 minutes with a shot that hits the bar and comes out again to Knight who just get a toe to it to put it in the back of the net.

Things get better when we are awarded a penalty after 20 minutes played, but Lee Sharpe has left his shooting boots at home and sees his shot saved by the keeper.

I think the extra training on the shooting pitch has come in handy as we go further in front from a goal from Parke who takes on the defence and keeper in a one on one race and comes out on top.

Yet another player is sent off against us, this time it’s in the 86th minute and a time where it will not have to much effect on both teams as we are both certain of the end result.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Knight 8, Parke 76.

MoM Lynott… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in league 3rd

Runcorn...(A) 20th Nov 04

With little time for rest bite we have another game and this time we are at the home of Runcorn. A good crowd of 2137 has come out to Halton Stadium on this dry Saturday afternoon.

I have to make a few changes to the team due to tired limbs from the game a couple of days ago. A nicely worked one two with Ashington and Parke just inside the 18 yard area sees us go 1-0 up, if truth been known we were lucky to get the break but I’m not complaining.

This was the only real chance from both teams in the half as both midfields had fought out a bruising battle trying to get the upper hand.

The second half was just as tight but we did have an extra advantage as yet again a player was sent off from the opposing team. We are 1-0 up 11 players to 10 now could we finish of a team that was fighting for their lives in the league.

Yes we could. Ok it might not have been one of the best games to watch but seeing as we were a man up we put it to good use.

We tried to get a 2 on 1 situation with the defenders of Runcorn to give us a better chance of putting the leather air bag into the back of the net. It did work and Parke put the game out of reach for Runcorn to give us all the points

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Parke 14,68.

MoM Parke… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in league 3rd

So far so good we are in the top 6 of the league, but we are in a bit of trouble with the bank manager still as we have missed the opportunity to go on a cup run to get us some money into our coffers.

On the players front we have been turned down by a few players that we have tried to get in on loan, been accepted by their clubs but not by them don’t they like it up north then, southern pussies.

More to follow….

crawleypauls.jpg

The Crawley Town FC Story – Season 1

The realities of life in the conference are beginning to set in at Crawley as the sit mid table but veering toward the bottom some stern managerial lessons are being learned by Rookie Manager, Rouch.

Canvey Island (A) 6th November 2004

A dull 0-0 gave Crawley a point which is much needed at this stage! Loan signing Lewis Buxton repaying the faith shown in him by the manager with a Man of the Match performance to give the reds a much needed clean sheet. icon_biggrin.gif

Canvey Island 0 Crawley 0

MOM Lewis Buxton (Crawley)

ATT 1570

Barnet (H) 9th November 2004

Nick Bailey scored a brace in the last 5 minutes of the first half to secure all three points for the visitors and leave Crawley rueing the missed chances. The heady heights of August a distant memory icon_frown.gif

Crawley 0 Barnet 2

MOM Andrew Crofts (Barnet)

ATT 1260

Carlisle (H) 13th November 2004 – FA Cup 1st Round

A bumper crowd turned out to see this FA cup match between the two Conference sides. Carlisle took the lead midway through the first 45 , then Terry Cooke levelled it up with 5 minutes to go til the interval. A real battle developed in the second half until Danny Davidson popped up in the 81st minute to provide a scrappy winner and send Crawley through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup icon_biggrin.gif

Crawley 2 Carlisle 1

MOM Danny Davidson (Crawley)

ATT 4294

Carlisle (A) 20th November 2004

After an FA Cup win against Carlisle, Crawley faced…. Err… Carlisle, in the Conference. This however was a completely different game. Marney gave the travelling Crawley fans some hope when he struck the opener on 12 minutes but McGill levelled just before the break. The second half saw Sean Hankin sent off and Crawley fall in to disarray, which Carlisle fully took advantage of netting 3 goals after the red card to win 4-1.

Carlisle 4 Crawley 1

MOM Karl Hawley (Carlisle)

ATT 3029

Tamworth (H) 27th November 2004

The lowest turn out at Broadfield Stadium all season saw the reds put in an abject performance as they capitulated to Tamworth. If Tamworth had a striker worth his salt this could easily have been an embarrassing scoreline, as it was May and Brown both netted to give Tamworth the easiest victory they will have this season. icon13.gif

Crawley 0 Tamworth 2

MOM Marvin Brown (Tamworth)

ATT 846

Gravesend (H) 30th November 2004

After the poor turn out for the last game, there was an even lower for this game icon_eek.gif The performances that Crawley fans glimpsed in August returned to the Broadfield Stadium as Crawley annihilated Gravesend! Crawleys first League win since 16th October \0/ Danny Marney set the ball rolling with a fine strike, quickly followed by Sean Hankin. Marney secured his brace by halftime as Crawley stepped up a gear! The second half brought a goal for Danny Davidson and an own goal from Gravesend before Jay Saunders grabbed a late consolation to add a smattering of respectability to the scoreline! Crawley fans left the ground elated and thee Giant Football on the roundabout next to the ground seemed bigger and prouder as the fans made their way home!

Crawley 5 Gravesend 1

MOM Danny Marney (Crawley)

ATT 655

barrowpeter.jpg

Droylsden ...(A) 30th Nov 04

A game that could have gone either way today. We went behind to a sloppy goal after 9 minutes. Well it was a game of ping pong in my area and the ball was put in the net by the striker O’Brien. 1-0 to Droylsden

Back to the drawing board I think but I decide to leave the team as it is and see if we can get back into the game. The weather was not helping matters for both teams as it was raining cats and dogs. We do get a break when Parke gets another goal for us just before half time.

Into the 2nd half and it’s back to the walls for us. It’s a good job we are not playing teams that can get their shots on target all the time otherwise we would need a cricket score to get back into some games.

That man again has saved our skin, Parke has got his and our teams 2nd goal of the game and to make matters a bit better for us we got yet another goal to finish the game off.

End result …3-1 Win

Scorers Parke 44,67, Kewley 89

MoM Parke… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in League 2nd

Nuneaton ...(H) 8th Dec 04

Now this is a big game for both teams 2nd v 4th I have changed a player from my defence and put in Kitamirike as he has been biting at the mouth to get back into the team. He played so well that he ended up with the man of the match.

The match its self was a close game with no team getting the better of each other and the end result was not a surprise to the people who had turned up to watch us.

We must try and get our shooting boots on as we can do it in the training but at the moment not on the pitch when we need it.

End result …0-0 Draw

Scorers none

MoM Kitamirike… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in League 2nd

Harrogate Town ...(A) 11th Dec 04

What I want to know is how come Harrogate are near the bottom of the league. They have played really well today and were unlucky to go home with no points. It was down to Parke again to get us into ½ time 1-0 up and Skelton just after the break to put us 2-0

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Parke 44, Skelton 46

MoM Skelton… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in League 2nd

The table so far

leguetablechef.jpg

As you can see it’s a bit close at the top with my team having a good run at staying up with the pace setters,

More to follow….

wrexhamnicks.jpg

After missing a few weeks through exams I made my return to find out that my assistant had gained me no points at all and Wrexham where languishing at the bottom of the league with 3 points after 16 games. The only positive being in a 1st Round Replay for the F.A Cup.

Barnsley Away (FA Cup 1st Round Replay)

Preview Match News and Views

Going into the game was my obvious disappointment of picking up no points what so ever. Losing confidence in the team I decided to mix it up a bit. Team Line Up: Baker, Pejic, Roberts, Lawerence, Smith, Quinn, Andrews, Ferguson, Collins, Holt and Sam. Roberts and the 18 year old Quinn came in for first starts of the season. We would be playing a tough Barnsley side on a current run of form.

The Match[i/]

As expected we started the half slowly with Barnsley dominating early periods. However a pleasant shock in the 22nd minute saw us take the lead with a cross come shot looping of the head of the Barnsley keeper. Wrexham then looked to keep it tight however they drew level just before half time.

The second half Barnsley applied pressure creating numerous chances and ran out deserved 3-1 winners.

Barnsley 3-1 Wrexham

Bouremouth Home

Preview Match Views And News

Our next match saw us take on a Bouremouth side at home. Changes included Jon James coming in for Ferguson and Paul Warhurst replacing a suspended James Collins.

The Match[/b]

Bouremouth started as they meaned to go on creating chance after chance. Matt Baker in the Wrexham goal was in inspired form.

Second half followed the same pattern till in the 79th minute Wrexham got a free kick 30 yards out to the right of the centre of goal. Trainee Keiran Quinn stepped up the ball. Matrix style the ball curled into the right top corner of the goal. The ball struck the post and went past the sprawling keeper. Fans celebrated in delirium in anticipation of there first win of the season. After wards Bouremouth piled on yet more pressure, but MOTM keeper Baker kept a clean sheet. Tension was piling in the last 30 seconds of extra time where Bouremouth stuck the bar.

Wrexham 1-0 Bouremouth

Reserve keeper and coach Andy Dibble was sold to Notts County for no fee. Whilst it saw County strike Harrad go the other way.

Sean Harrad: Young 19 year old work man like striker, potentially a very good player (exception to Pete’s opinions).

Sheffield Wednesday Home (Andy’s big spenders)[b/]

Harrad was brought onto the bench in place of injured Armstrong, otherwise Wrexham where unchanged.

The Match

A pretty even first half saw Sheff Wed going into a one nil lead with Luke Guttridge opening the dead lock.

Second half was fairly uneventful with Wrexham changing to an attacking formation and making three changes through the half. Various free kicks threatened Wrexham’s goal but in the last 5 mins Sam had two chances to pull it level but fired straight at the keeper at both occasions.

Wrexham 0-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Andy’s big spenders)

Transfer news Forest’s young Irish keeper Roche comes on a year long loan.

Barry Roche: Good solid textbook keeper needs first team experience.

Toquay Away[b/]

Preview Match Views And News[b/]

Taking on 3rd placed United with Harrad replacing Sam and Roche moving onto the bench.

The Match

Wrexham where outclassed through out the match with Addie Akinfenwa scoring two before half time.

Wrexham then stuck two upfront with Lllywen (sp) moving into midfield. Torqauy scored a further two goals to send Wrexham supporters home disgruntled.

Torqauy 4-0 Wrexham

A pretty even first half Nick!!!! icon_eek.gif

Were you playing a different game from me last night? icon_razz.gif

The game I saw was total domination and you had a couple of chances at the end which were dealt with easily by my goalkeeper.

'Mon the Owls. icon_cool.gif

RobQPR.jpg

Welcome to a long ass update sorry took me so long to get round to doing it but its kinda hard with a busted hand anyway here goes

Stoke City 1 QPR 1

stoke came out with all guns blazing,Akinbiyi almost put stoke ahead after only 4 mins but nothing came of it and we had to wait another 30mins before a goal would come same player 1-0 stoke,10mins later Akinbiyi again killed off QPR with a great solo goal, Ikpeba came on at half time and it was him who set up a simple tap in for Petrescu to slot home on 51mins.

poor performance by QPR in this one.

20506 MOM Akinbiyi

Carling Cup 1st Round

Brighton 0 QPR 2

with 20mins gone Petrescu broke down the right and was 1 on 1 with the keeper but put it over,half time couldnt come quick enough for Perryas he was desperate to change things around, 43min and it was Petrescu who scored a cracker 25yards out 1-0 to the rangers halftime and perry made a double substitution Juliusson and Ikpeba came on for Daley and Hristov and what a difference that made Ikpeba[/i drew the foul but stood his ground and attacked as soon as the kick was taken,well the brighton keeper was caught running back to his goal [i]Ikpeba struck the ball from the halfway line and it went in 2-0 thats how it ended.

5513 MOM Ikpeba

QPR 2 Sheff Utd 0

13mins gone MOrgan freekick for utd Day fists the ball away,3mins later a penalty is given to QPR after Petrescu was pulled down in the area. Hristov stepped up and smashed it home 1-0 QPR 2nd came from a freekick Liddel brought down Wome just outside the area Okpara took it quickly and caught Kenny napping 2-0

18363 MOM Rowlands

Gillingham 2 QPR 0

Sammy Lee took charge of this one so not much to report

13112 MOM Smith

Ipswich 3 QPR 1

SkySports where on hand at Portman Road for this encounter

32mins gone and Westlake made the goal with some great work down the middle but it was Counago who scored.Darren Bent made it 2-0 a minute after the restart from a header 3-0 on 47mins Magilton claiming the goal but I saw it as a Padulaog Okpara added a consilation on 94mins before QPR where booed from the field

25419 MOM Bent

More to follow shortly

RobQPR.jpg

gonna do this quick to catch up and then do better ones as we go now hands better

Reading 2 QPR 3 Gallen,Cook,Hristov

Oxford 0 QPR 2 Hristov 2

QPR 0 Leeds 1

Cardiff 0 QPR 1Juliusson

QPR 0 Derby 2

Nottm Forest 2 QPR 0

QPR 1 Leeds 3 Rowlands Pen

QPR 2 Crewe 1 Rowlands,Hristov

QPR 1 Preston 2 Rose

Leicester 1 QPR 1 Hristov

West Ham 0 QPR 0

QPR 1 Rotherham 1 Hristov

Burnley 2 QPR 0

QPR 0 Plymouth 1

Wigan 2 QPR 0

On a terrible run as of late hopefully Ill improve and pull the lads out of the battle at the bottom

bristolcitydave.jpg

Titties update:

A quick update on the last 3 games controlled by the assistant manager, and it's good news all round.

Home win 2-0 vs. Port Vale League One

Away win 3-2 vs. Swindon FA Cup 2nd Round

Away win 1-0 vs. Chesterfield League One

The other news so far is an FA cup 3rd Round home tie against Crystal Palace in January, and a £220k cash injection to help with the debts.

So in to tonights events and I hope I can keep the Titties moving up and away from the Relegation zone.

crawleypauls.jpg

A promising end to November gave some hope to the Crawley Manager that the team could fight its way out of trouble and back up the table to secure their Conference National League status.

Hereford (A) 4th December 2004 – FA Cup 2nd Round

A rejuvenated Crawley took an early lead when Danny Marney scored and continued to dominate the first half, until Osborne scored an equaliser just before half time. The second half saw Hereford emerge as obvious members of the wide-awake club with David Brown netting twice within 4 minutes of the restart to put the tie beyond Crawley and send the reds crashing out of the cup. icon_frown.gif

Hereford 3 Crawley 1

MOM Alan Cowley (Hereford)

ATT 7582

Scarborough (A) 11th December 2004

Crawley needed the three points from this fixture and duly got them courtesy of first half goals from Paul Armstrong and Danny Marney. The Scarborough fans started leaving the stadium midway through the 2nd half and Crawley recorded their first back to back league wins since August icon_biggrin.gif

Scarborough 0 Crawley 2

MOM Danny Marney (Crawley)

ATT 1876

Accrington (H) 18th December 2004

Crawley buoyed by back to back league wins started comfortably and were soon on the scoresheet as Davidson notched midway through the first half. Davidson had to come off shortly after the restart with a knee injury which will keep him out for a month icon_frown.gif Ian Craney was sent off shortly after for the visitors after needlessly haranguing the ref when he was already on a yellow, the man in black had no option but to show a 2nd yellow then red and Craney departed the field of play. Dean Stevens ensured the game finished on a high note for Crawley by settling the match with a goal in the last 10 minutes and leaving no way back for Accrington. Three successive league wins and two successive clean sheets has pushed the Crawley side up into the top half of the table! icon14.gif

Crawley 2 Accrington 0

MOM Carl Laurie (Crawley)

ATT 1442

Aldershot (A) 21st December 2004

The Crawley team bus headed to Aldershot for the next game with the players in confident mood after the recent run of good form. Aldershot were also a team performing well, sitting 2nd in the table. Aldershot came out with all guns blazing and took the lead after only 7 minutes with Roscoe D’Sane netting. Crawley hit back midway through the half with a goal from Dean Stevens and then another from Dean Marney to hand advantage to the visitors. Aldershot hit back with an equaliser from Tim Sills and the first half ended up all square. The second half produced some of the most entertaining, open and attacking football seen in the conference leagues this season with both teams going all out for the win! It was true end to end stuff and Crawley were slightly fortuitous to take all three points after Charlie McDonald scored the winner deep into injury time. But this win pushes Crawley up another place in the table and extends the run to 4 successive league victories!! icon_biggrin.gif

Aldershot 2 Crawley 3

MOM Phil Smith (Crawley)

ATT 1743

Morecambe (H) 26th December 2004

Morecambe have taken advantage of Aldershots defeat and taken up residence in the second place spot they used to occupy! Morecame started this game aggressively and made their intent clear from the off. Michael Howard was so committed to the Morecambe attack he got himself stretchered off after only 9 minutes!! The attacking intent paid off after 32 minutes when Danny Carlton broke the deadlock to give Morecambe a first half lead. The second half saw Crawley battle bravely in vain to try and equalise as Morecambe defended valiantly to put an end to Crawleys run icon13.gif

Crawley 0 Morecambe 1

MOM Greg Goodridge (Morecambe)

ATT 2095

Woking (H) 28th December 2004

The final game of the year brought Woking to Broadfied Stadium with Crawley confounding all the pundits who expected them to be sitting in the bottom 3 by maintaining a top half of the table position! Marney set Crawley on the way with a great strike early in the first 45 and added to that on 33 minutes with another fine goal which saw Crawley go to the interval with a 2 goal advantage. The second half started and Crawley continued to dominate in such a way that the home fans started to believe that this was a team capable of climbing further up the table to earn a playoff spot!! There, I said it!! Dare to dream Crawley!!

Crawley 2 Woking 0

MOM Jonathan Boardman (Woking)

ATT 1616

Roll on 2005!!

bristolcitydave.jpg

So on to the new news, first of all we will be taking on Blackpool at home in the League. But before that some transfer news. Wrexham manager Nick Tennant tries to offload some of his rejects for free by offering them to Bristol. Both offers were rejected by Bristol Manager David Johnston, however he has expressed his interest in having a closer look at right winger Dean Bennett by taking him on trial. Johnston awaits the response.

Blackpool (H) 18th December 2004

After only 5 minutes Sverrir Sverrison tries a long dig and strikes the bar, looking good for the titties. And the scoring is opened after 20 minutes with Paul Heffernan slotting home a penalty in the top left corner. The half hour mark sees Blackpool gain back to back corners, but nothing come of them and soon Bristol are back on the attack. A few missed chances and good saves later the half time whistle is blown at 1-0. 4 minutes into the 2nd half and goalkeeper Philips is injured and replaced by Davies, who immediately shows why he normally warms the bench when he misses a cross to allow Blackpool to score an equaliser. But after 62 minutes Tony Butler scores for Bristol from a corner making it 2-1. Once again Davies is at fault and allows Blackpool to equalise yet again. Johnston works his magic though and brings on Brian Tinnion who links up with Heffernan then lobs the keeper to make it 3-2. And thats how it ends.

Bristol City 3 Blackpool 2

MOM Dean Gore(Blackpool)

ATT 11931

Aftermath of the game is that Steve Philips is out for 5 days, which means Clint Davies will not have to play another game, thank god. Also a pleasent surprise to find that we are now only 7 points off the playoff spot, with a game in hand. So the season isn't over yet. Next match Doncaster away.

Doncaster (A) 22nd December 2004

First thing's first, looks like Philips will be missing another game. So Clint Davies will be starting in goals against Doncaster. But a few other minor changes will hopefully be enough to see off Doncaster.

Straight away Bristol try to get on the scoresheet but Paul Heffernan's shot from distance hits the post after only 3 minutes. But 7 minutes later Steven Gillespie slots home from close range to make it 1-0. Sloppy defending allows Doncaster to equalise after 35 minutes. After a game freeze I had to quit and come back, and the final result was 2-2. Bristols goal coming from Heffernan after 45 minutes and Doncaster equalising in 75 minutes.

Doncaster 2 Bristol C 2

MOM Sverrir Sverrison(Bristol)

ATT 9463

Unfortunate that I couldn't control my team for that game, but ah well, these things happen, at least it wasn't a defeat. Next game MK Dons away.

MK Dons (A) 26th December 2004

As a result of the last game, Bristol are now without the injured Paul Heffernan and the Suspended Tony Butler. But Philips will return in goals. Beniushis reclaims a spot up front in the absense of Heffernan.

Bristol City go in search of their 8th game unbeaten and start off on a positive not with a corner after 2 minutes, but nothing comes of it. After 23 minutes a shot from nowhere gives MK Dons the lead. Then in 36 minutes the Bristol heads go down more as Noudjeu misses from the spot. And right on half time Gillespie fires over from close range. Followed by Beniushis missing a clean through. So 1-0 down at half time. Into the second half and things don't look good as MK Dons apply more and more pressure with Bristol barely getting a glimpse of goal. Until the 68th minute where a lovely through ball is met by Scott Murray who calmly slots past the keeper to make it 1-1. Triple substitution for Bristol in a hope to freshen things up in the 75th minute. But it doesn't seem to make a difference as the game finishes at 1-1.

MK Dons 1 Bristol C 1

MOM Paul Rachubka(MK Dons)

ATT 6799

Barnsley (A) 28th December 2004

Next away game gets underway with Bristol looking to continue their unbeaten run into the new year. But after only 8 minutes Barnsley have a penalty, which is missed, but the rebound is slotted home. Bad start for the Titties, but a long time to go yet. After 35 minutes a shot from Sverrison is deflected into the net to make it 1-1. But only 2 minutes later a long shot from nowhere makes it 2-1 for Barnsley. And that's how it stays going into half time. Bristol come out strong in the 2nd half and make it 2-2 through Gillespie after only 1 minutes. The second half is end to end stuff with a few good chances for either team. But the game finally ends at 2-2.

Barnsley 2 Bristol C 2

MOM Nick Colgan(Barnsley)

ATT 11076

Hull (A) 1st January 2005

New signing Marko Kristal starts on the bench for this big game against 2nd place Hull. And after only 6 minutes Gillespie slots home to make it 1-0. But after 17 minutes Hull make it 1-1 after a penalty. And 3 minutes later make it 2-1 due to a bad defence by Bristol. Half time comes in at 2-1. 55 minutes and Bristol have a corner and Johnston uses the break in play to bring on his new signing. Not looking good for Bristol as Hull seem to be applying a lot of pressure. 20 minutes to go and Bristol's unbeaten run might come to an end. And it does. Full time 2-1.

Hull 2 Bristol C 1

MOM Danny Coles(Bristol C)

ATT 22456

So that is it for this session. And encouraging that we managed to go 8 games unbeaten up till the end of 2004. But unfortunate that the start of 2005 was a defeat at the hands of Hull. Which drops us back down to 17th position but it's very tight and its only 5 points to 7th place. Lets hope the good run can continue into 2005.

barrowpeter.jpg

Worksop...(A) 18th Dec 04

This was the big game of the season for both teams as it was 2nd v 3rd . This was going to be a hard game for both teams and it did not disappoint. Some good football was played out there on the park today. Plenty of goals and plenty of action, but alas a few players getting injured as well. We had L Sharpe taken off as well as G Knight early in the first half.

With the changes made we seemed to come into life and Parke had played a blinder today. Not only did he set up the first goal for Knight ( not long after he scored he had to go off ) but also grabbed the match ball for his hatrick.

All in all a job well done and lets hope this is the start of our good run that will keep us in the top half of the table till the end of the season.

End result …4-1 Win

Scorers Knight 25,Parke 33,45,82

MoM Parke… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Southport ...(H) 21st Dec 04

Now this was the start of the festive run up and a hard few games for us. Not only were we playing against the team from Southport , but also their manger who had stated in the press this week that they would come to our ground and take all 3 points. ‘We will see about that’

My team got off to a flyer and opened the scoring after only 50 seconds into the game. A fast run down the outside of the Southport’s midfield and defence from Ashington who played the ball inside to Anthony who in turn played a through ball for Parke to slot home the ball under the keeper’s body.

The next 2 goals were carbon copies of each other. We had set their defence up with getting them to defend deep , and then bang we pull the ball back out for our players to run onto to slot the ball home.

There was one bad incident near the end of the first half in which Paterson was sent off for fighting with the Southport players. So he goes off to get an early bath and now will miss the next few games.

Playing with 10 men did not help us but seeing as we had the 3 goal cushion in the 2nd half I felt we had the game in the bag. And when Parke had found himself with the ball at his feet and only the keeper to beat I knew we were home and dry when the ball went in to make it 4-0

End result …4-0 Win

Scorers Parke 1,57, Anthony 26, Thuruston 27.

MoM Parke … 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Altrincham ...(A) 26th Dec 04

Let’s hope my player’s aint been on the booze to much and had to much grub yesterday as we have a big game at Moss Lane. Some excellent defending in the centre of defence from Carns who has come in for the injured Salmon and some heroics from Ghent the keeper his best game for me so far this season had made sure we went home with all the points today.

I think the result was a little flattering for us today , but I guess you get days like this from time to time. We can count ourselves lucky to come away with tall the points and not just the one, if it was not for some breathtaking skills in defence and some poor finishing from the home team the result would have been a lot different.

End result …3-1 Win

Scorers Sharadon 15,54, Anthony 90.

MoM Ghent… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Stalybridge ...(H) 28th Dec 04

This was a game where we were only allowed to shoot from way out as the visitors had kept us out for most of the time. We did send a few players up for a corner and paid dearly for this. Sharpe had floated in a ball for Parke to flick on from the left hand side. Their keeper Dunn had got hold of the ball and went route 1 to goal to deliver a perfect pass for Eastwood to latch onto and bury the ball into the back of our net. 1-0 to the visitors after only 19 minutes of the game played. Not the start we had hopped for.

As it stands we need to pull our socks up and try and get round the back of the defence of Stalybridge. Sharpe who has not lived up to my expectations this season had one of his best games for the club so far. He was the difference between the 2 clubs with his speed to get to the by-line and get the crosses in for 2 of our players to get onto the score sheet.

Things were helped for us when Potter was sent off for an argument with the ref at half time. This also was a turning point as we had a bit more of the ball in front of their goal but still could not kill the game off. The visitors had a slight glimmer of hope when we went down to 10 men but with the crowd of 1587 behind us we just about held out for the win.

End result …2-1 Win

Scorers Sharadon 25, Anthony 35.

MoM Dunn… 9/10 … Stalybridge

Position in League 1st

Gainsborough ...(H) 1st Jan 05

One of our biggest crowds we have had so far this season for the first game in 2005 against a team who are mid table. The kids go for free with a paying adult has seems to have worked as 1622 turn up to watch us.

We get off to a slow start with the passing going adrift a lot and not reaching the intended players. Things were going well for Gainsborough and were starting to grow in confidence in front of our goal. The defence held out and soon our passing started to come together with a team move leading to the only goal of the game. An attack by the visitors had left a space at the back of their defence in which our fast strikers had chance to run into.

A peach of a ball from Lynott had Sharadon in free space and just onside to receive his pass to bury the ball into the net to give us the lead that we were not going to lose.

End result …1-0 Win

Scorers Sharadon 30.

MoM Smith… 9/10 … Gainsborough

Position in League 1st

The table so far

confrencenorthtable.jpg

More to follow….

The half way stages of the leagues and how we stand

For those of you that are reading and following the clan and want to know where we stand in our divisions here is a quick look at them so far.

The Championship

champtable.jpg

League One

league1table.jpg

Conference National

confrencetable.jpg

Conference North

confrencenorthtable.jpg

and in the league that really matters icon_biggrin.gif

EFB the game

Pos Team Latest Total

1 rouchie and his amazing team! 625

2 hapoel tel-aviv 598

3 Lets play some foozball 520

4 will i come 2nd? ask the wife 491

5 The Rotation System 478

6 Kick Da Big Round Thing 477

7 Ze Bashers 469

8 Step Over Boys 453

9 Europe United 451

10 Greenmeanies 447

11 EFB petes PNE hopefulls 415

12 I Am Da Man 358

13 Sam chefs misfits 296

bristolcitydave.jpg

Bristol City update for Thursday 27th January

Continuing on from Monday nights relatively succesful session, Bristol City start off with a home game against Oldham.

Oldham (H) 3rd January 2005

The game gets underway with hopes high for a home win to start the night. A few shots fly in at either end but nothing too exciting to watch in the first half. Johnston attempts to turn things around for the second half by making a triple substitution, but to no avail as it ends the same as the first. So zero zero starts the night, and the point is enough to take Bristol City up one place to 16th.

Bristol City 0 Oldham 0

MOM Joe Anyinsah (Bristol C)

ATT 10655

Once again its FA Cup time. A chance for the little guys to prove their worth on the big stage. Bristol City will play host to Crystal Palace in the hope of bringing some overdue joy to the fans, a good cup run is just what they need.

Crystal Palace (H) 8th January 2005 FA Cup 3rd Round

So the game gets underway and Palace appear to be going all out with 3 strikers on the field. But after only 3 minutes Bristol manage to take advantage of a gap in their defence and although the first attempt on goal was saved, Paul Heffernan was there to tap in the rebound making it 1-0. The game proceeds fairly evenly matched with shots going in at either end, but it was Palace who seemed to have the best chances, with a few sitters going wide or being saved. City manage to hold on till half time though, and they go in 1-0 up. No changes at half time for either team, so both managers fairly happy with the performance, City's keeper Steve Philips playing particularly well. Bristol change things in the 70th minute to freshen things up a little, with a few guys being replaced due to fatigue. Straight away they go on the attack and it takes a fine save from the Palace keeper to deny Gillespie his first of the game. Palace pile on the pressure and City are only saved by their star keeper. They get a corner in the 86th minute, but Philips holds well. After 4 minutes of injury time and a few chances at either end, the ref finally blows his whistle, City are through to the 4th round, with goalkeeper Steve Philips deservedly taking the man of the match award.

Bristol City 1 Crystal Palace 0

MOM Steve Philips(Bristol C)

ATT 19548

So Bristol City manage to take out Premiership opposition Crystal Palace with a 1-0 home win, speaking to Johnston after the match he had this to say:

I'm absolutely delighted for the fans and for the players. It has been a dissapointing season so far in the league and I think everyone was beginning to doubt whether we could bounce back. But I have and always will remain confident that we can still make something of this season. A run in the cup is just what we need to pick the heads up, and now I think we will go from strength to strength in the league, and compete for a playoff place. I'm not going to underestimate our next round opponents Northampton, but it is always nice to get a home tie and I will be looking to make it to the 5th round.

So there you have it, Bristol City make it to the 4th round and are handed a relatively easy game to perhaps progress to the 5th. Manager Johnston remains upbeat about his teams chances of claiming a playoff spot too, and with the league being so tight it's not such a crazy thought. But one game at a time, and next it's Brentford at home.

Brentford (H) 12th January 2005

Brentford also start this game with a very attacking team, obviously hoping for a few goals, but Bristol City maintain the same formation. Brentford have the first chance of the game with the ball being cleared off the line by Amankwaah in the 5th minute. Then 3 minutes later Philips pulls off a great save to keep it 0-0. City get their first chance after 23 minutes when a counter attack is saved, but only 2 minutes later Steven Gillespie slots home to make it 1-0. Another counter attack on the stroke of half time sees Gillespie make it 2-0 for City. In the 2nd half Brentford decide to try playing more defensively, but they are struggling to control Bristols awesome counter attacks. 2 minutes into injury time at the end of the game and substitute Beniushis sinks a fantastic shot to make it 3-0 for City. The 3 points take City to 16th position, but now they are only 6 points behind a playoff spot.

Bristol City 2 Brentford 0

MOM Steven Gillespie(Bristol C)

ATT 8044

The next game sees City travelling to play Walsall in an important game as both teams sit together on 33 points.

Pre-match transfer news: Bristol City offer Matt Hill to New England for a fee of £100k and the deal was accepted. Both teams now wait for the player to agree a deal.

Walsall (A) 15th January 2005

Confidence is high amongst the Bristol players these days after their recent run of form, and they go into this game looking for nothing less than a comfortable win. This game also marks Tony Butler's 100th game for the club. After 10 minutes the majority of chances seem to be falling to Walsall, but Bristol are hanging on. Walsall seem to be relying on the long ball technique, but poor finishing keeps the score 0-0. A decent chance for Bristol finally comes after 44 minutes, and after a lot of messing about Brian Tinnion takes a long shot and it bursts the roof of the net, making it 1-0 at half time. Second half starts much the same as the first, with Walsall applying a lot of pressure, but lacking decent finishing. Until the 55th minute they pull level. Then after 68 minutes poor goalkeeping sees Walsall go 1 in front, 2-1. And thats how it ends, very dissapointing.

Walsall 2 Bristol City 1

MOM Joe Murphy (Walsall)

ATT 8059

So, disappointment behind, its FA Cup time once again as Bristol City play hosts to Northampton in the 4th round.

Transfer News: Matt Hill agrees terms with New England, giving Bristol City another £60k to spend.

Northampton (H) 22nd January 2005 FA Cup 4th Round

No changes to the formation for this game, but a few changes in the team in a hope to keep the players fighting. Bristol kick off with high hopes of a 5th round spot in the FA Cup. Game starts with a dissapointing injury to Heffernan after only 5 minutes. But his replacement plays a large role in setting up Gillespie to make it 1-0 after 10 minutes. 3 minutes later Gillespie slots home to make it 2-0. The 27th minute saw Northampton have a shot cleared off the line. But nothing more for the first half, 2-0 at half time. Not much to report for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, a few shots at either end. And thats about it until the 88th minute when a counter attack sees Gillespie getting his hat-trick. And thats it for round 4, Bristol make it to the 5th round of the FA cup.

Bristol City 3 Northampton 0

MOM Steven Gillespie(Bristol C)

ATT 19760

So the end of the session leaves manager Johnston extremely happy with his team. Despite a dissapointing league position a good run in the FA cup is giving the players hope for the future. Also, a few comings and goings may be enough to inspire the players on to a playoff spot.

a>

Stafford Rangers...(H) 3rd Jan 05

A game I need to win to stay in front of the chasing pack. Seeing as we are top and playing a mid table team we still needed all our wits about ourselves.

The game got off to a slow start and never really got going. This was infact one of them games that you wished you have saved your money. The only joy of the game was the ref blew for full time on the dot, but we did get the points from the game with a goal from a scrappy mix up in the Rangers box.

End result …1-0 Win

Scorers Shandran 35

MoM McAughtrie… 8/10 … Stafford Rangers

Position in League 1st

Alfreton ...(A) 8th Jan 05

The scout had come back to us and said that we had no worries about the opposition they had an average team but they had pace to kind of put us under a bit of pressure.

We soon found out what it was like to go behind and then play against a team that would defend for all their lives. To make matters worse it was raining cats and dogs. We went behind to a free kick just outside the box that Brown had placed into the top left hand corner of the goal.1-0 after only 14 minutes we make things hard for us

We throw every thing at them but still cant break the defence down. It was only a bit of speed down the wings that we got a good ball in the box with one of our players on the end to plonk it into the net. 1-1 and still we cant get that extra goal. Oh well 1 point is better than nothing.

End result …1-1 Draw

Scorers Ashington 75.

MoM Anthony… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Bradford PA...(A) 11th Jan 05

The games are coming fast and furious now and hopefully we have the squad to cope with it. The good thing so far for me is I have offered contracts to the players that I think will do ok in the league next season, but not this league as I do believe we will be going up at the end of the season.

The trouble with my team at the moment is that we can’t finish off the teams. We did get a goal in the game but it was late on. Very late on but what a goal it was. This was a pile driver from Knight who in my opinion is only 3rd choice up front. He just let one go from all of 30yards out that the keeper only saw when it was in the back of the net.

End result …1-0 Win

Scorers Knight 78.

MoM Salmon… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Redditch...(H) 15th Jan 05

Now we had gone 13 games in the league with out defeat. We were now playing the bottom team lets hope this aint a banana skin game for us.

Early on in the game it looks like we might have a slight problem with the bottom team but our captain had soon calmed the nerves with a goal from the inside of the 18 yard box with a bullet of a header.

Just before the half time whistle Parke fond the net to send us into the break 2-0 up and coasting.

Into the 2nd half we were playing within ourselves and a few players were starting to look a bit tired with all the chasing down I have my team do. With this I nearly come unstuck as King gets a goal to give us the colly wobbles but that was only in the 81st minute. Surely we can survive to the end of the match?

A goal from Kewley 2 minutes later had eased our worries and the banana skin was no more

End result …3-1 Win

Scorers Salmon 35, Parke 45, Kewley 83

MoM Anthony… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Moor Green...(A) 22ndth Jan 05

Another game and another team that were out to make us work hard for anything that we wanted today. We went behind to a goal that Ghent and Kitamirike had got themselves mixed up to let in Martin with a header 1-0 Moor Green.

We did get a goal back from Knight who got his head to the ball to send it past the keeper from the corner we had, the problem was he knew nothing about the goal as he was supposed to flick the ball on at the near post.

To add injury to the Moor Green defence Parke popped up just after half time to make it 2-1, but this was soon counted out with Dowdall getting a header in after 49 minutes. 2-2 and all to play for.

It was not until the end of the game where we finished of the home team with another goal from Knight and a well deserved goal from Man of the Match player Sharpe who has played his best game for the club so far

End result …4-2 Win

Scorers Knight 44,82, Parke 46, Sharpe 90

MoM Sharpe… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

The table so far

tableofleague7.jpg

More to follow…

So you have seen the tables, lets look at the men behind the teams

robsprofile.jpg

andyprofile.jpg

daveprofile.jpg

nicksprofile.jpg

paulsprofile.jpg

petesprofile.jpg

I have not done Kris profile as at the moment he has not been in charge of his team for a few weeks as he has exams so I feel it would be unfair to show his at this stage.

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Firstly one amendment to my update up the thread. I actually lost 6-0 to Torquay away not 4-0.

Huddesfield Home

Going into this match keeper Matt Baker was injured so loanee keeper Barry Roche came into the starting line up. Ferguson also replaced Warhurst and Andrews was moved in front of the defence for more cover. Apart from that we went into the game unchanged from the Torquay match.

The Match

Wrexham showed that they are inept defensively once again as Huddesfield long ball tactics threatened Roche’s goal. The deadlock was broken halfway through the first half as Abbott beat the defence to the ball and headed home.

Second half showed luck never goes with the bottom side. The half was fairly even but once again substitute Sam squandered a gilt edge opportunity and Ferguson failed to connect with another opportunity.

Wrexham 0-1 Huddesfield

Tranmere Away

Our next journey saw us take on a high flying Tranmere side currently placed 2nd in the league. Llewellyn replaced Holt and Warhurst replaced the injured Collins. Sam also took the place of loanee striker Harrad.

The Match

Wrexham tried to rise to the opportunity however The Dragons once again where the victims of their own downfall, with three free kicks the only highlights of the matched, right back Taylor swung home a free kick and hit the post. The last effort managed to hit the bar with the Tranmere hammering home the rebound to send Wrexham in two behind.

The second half Ferguson moved behind the back two of Sam and Harrad. Second half Wrexham looked the better side good counter attacking football was finally rewarded with Lawerence heading home Ferguson’s well placed header. The last ten minutes would end up being a nervous ten for the home side. With Wrexham moving to a more attacking formation and all subs used Wrexham again couldn’t take control and get the vital equaliser. Tranmere then made Wrexham pay in the last minute to put the home side up 3-1.

Tranmere 3-1 Wrexham

Peterborough Away

Main changes included a recall to keeper Baker and a welcomed return to striker Armstrong who is pivotal to Wrexham’s survival. Holt again replaced Llewellyn to make a stronger left hand side of the team

The Match

Again made to pay in the first half as Peterborough scored two in the first half with Clarke and another Posh converting the chances.

Second half Armstrong scored a welcomed goal from 20 yards however a poor first half was punished as the pattern of poor form continued.

Peterborough 2-1 Wrexham

With Wrexham’s wage bill being 2,000 over the required mark Bennett was subsequently sold for no fee to non-league Barnet.

Stockport Away

The team remained unchanged apart from Llellewyn replacing Holt on the left and Holt moving to left back instead of Smith

The Match

Wrexham started the half relatively well. Good attacking football wasn’t matched with the striking ability. However Armstrong opened the scoring with a well taken goal. Stockport gave an instant response with an undeserved equaliser.

Second half passed without much action, it would appear this was 2 points dropped for Wrexham and not one gained.

Stockport 1-1 Wrexham

Swindon Home

The team remained unchanged.

The Match

Wrexham showed that their upturn in form was not a one off as they came out the blocks the fastest. A new looking Wrexham team where defending well and generally playing good football. However as usual the luck for the home side is non existent and it was inevitable that Swindon would open the scoring in the first half.

Second half missed opportunities would of appeared to be the downfall of a battling Wrexham , however there was a sting in the tail for Swindon as Armstrong netted from Sam’s pin point cross.

Wrexham 1-1 Swindon Town

crawleypauls.jpg

Crawley emerged from the post Christmas and new year festivities having climbed up the table to a very respectable 10th position. The young rookie manager, Paul Rouch, has now stated that he believes the playoffs are now a realistic target for his squad and will look at pushing the team further up the table in an effort top achieve that. A good start to the new year is now required to instil that belief and confidence in the squad. icon_cool.gif

York (A) 1st January 2005

An uneventful first half gave way to a much more determined performance from Crawley after the break and Dean Stevens grabbed the first rewards when he netted just on the hour. Paul Armstrong put the match beyond doubt in the 85th minute to give Crawley a valuable 3 points away from home and set them on their winning ways into the new year icon_wink.gif

York 0 Crawley 2

MOM Charlie Mapes (Crawley)

ATT 1227

Forest Green (H) 3rd January 2005

Forest Green made their intentions very clear from the outset. 11 men behind the ball, no risk football. The game was a stalemate as the chances created were few and far between and all falling to Crawley. In fact Forest Green finished the game without unleashing a single shot on the Crawley goal, and Crawley cursing the lack of finishing with the chances they had!! icon_mad.gif

Crawley 0 Forest Green 0

MOM Jon Richardson (Forest Green)

ATT 1716

Dagenham & Redbridge (A) 11th January 2005

A game where Crawley were rated as the underdogs and were again unlucky not to take all three points! No one managed to get on the scoresheet but until the last 10 minutes only one team looked likely to get on there and that was Crawley. It was telling that for the 2nd game in succession an opposition defender was given the MOM award!

Dagenham & Redbridge 0 Crawley 0

MOM Anwar Uddin(Dagenham & Redbridge)

ATT 1153

Nuneaton (H) 15th January 2005 - FA Trophy 3rd Round

The smallest turn out of the season for this FA trophy match against lower league opposition missed Nuneaton very nearly spring a shock win! Avun Jephcott put Nuneaton ahead but Dean Stevens levelled before the interval. Gez Murphy restored the visitors lead and Dean Stevens saved it until deep into injury time before he pulled Crawley out of the fire and into a replay at Nuneaton icon_rolleyes.gif

Crawley 2 Nuneaton 2

MOM Dean Steven(Crawley)

ATT 363

Nuneaton (A) 19th January 2005 - FA Trophy 3rd Round Replay

Crawley travelled up to Nuneaton for this replay match and Adam Bircall the new loan signing from Arsenal was included in the squad. The winners of this match will face Barnet in the next round. Crawley sprang the early surprise when Dean Stevens scored after only 45 seconds to give the reds the best possible start! Nuneaton levelled with a goal from Gary Fitpatrick and that was how the scores remained until half time. Dean Stevens continued his scoring run grabbing his 4th in 2 games, and Charlie Mapes tied it all up 2 minutes later to put Crawley through to the next round icon_biggrin.gif

Nuneaton 1 Crawley 3

MOM Dean Steven(Crawley)

ATT 913

Exeter (H) 22nd January 2005

After the excitement of the cup it was back to the league, and Exeter were the next visitors to Broadfield Stadium. Adam Birchall wasted no time setting up home advantage with a strike in the 2nd minute of the game. Exeter drew level with a penalty 10 minutes later which Leslie Afful converted and that was how it remained for the first 45. Exeter took the lead midway through the second half with a Glen Cronin goal but Charlie McDonald ensured the home team were not beaten with a superb equaliser icon14.gif

Crawley 2 Exeter 2

MOM Phil Smith(Crawley)

ATT 2230

Hereford (A) 26th January 2005

Crawley had a dreadful first half and Hereford took full advantage with goals from Graham Hyde and Tony James. Carl Laurie pulled one back in the second half but James re-established the two goal advantage for Hereford with his second goal of the game. Marney grabbed a late consolation for Crawley that finished the game at 3-2. icon_frown.gif

Hereford 3 Crawley 2

MOM Tony James (Hereford)

ATT 2677

Northwich (A) 29th January 2005

The last game of January and a trip to Northwich for Crawley. Crawley easily dominated the game and Paul Armstrong gave the reds a deserved first half lead. Danny Marney hobbled off injured before the break though. The second half saw Northwich grab and ill deserved equaliser through Chris Thompson, and Crawley were unable to get the break they deserved and ended all square, losing Traynor to injury in the second half. icon13.gif

Northwich 1 Crawley 1

MOM Kevin Reedings (Northwich)

ATT 486

barrowpeter.jpg

Just before we start the next game at home we have to report the latest player to come to us. A young midfielder that we have been keeping an eye on is S Tolley lets see if he can fit into the team that are on a bit of a roll at the moment. At the moment he’s in as a back up but next season should see him come good.

Ashton Utd...(H) 29th Jan 05

A good crowd of 1184 have turned out on a dry day. We get of to a flying start with a goal within the first 10 minutes. A corner from Ashington was floated into the box which came out to Lynott who played in Sharpe who on the left of the field floated a ball to the back of the box in which Ashington got his head onto to put us up 1-0.

With players starting to find the game a bit hard going on the legs we changed 3 players after only 60 minutes. But what a way to kick some life into the team. A goal from a player that has been under the watchful eye from Bristol City gave us a 2-0 lead. Anthony had not put this scouting mission up to effect him as he blasted a beauty goal into the back of the net all from 25 yards.

I decided to give Tolley his debut and he did not disappoint as he got on the end of a cross from Sharpe to make it 3-0 and still keep us on the track to the title.

End result …3-0 Win

Scorers Ashington 10, Anthony 70, Tolley 90.

MoM Sharpe… 8/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Hinckley ...(A) 1st Feb 05

A goal kick from the Hinckley keeper went straight to Sharpe who with his quickish feet went passed the number 7 from Hinckley to lay the ball in for the on running Parke to open up the goal account for us.

We have a free kick against us just outside the box but with out the commanding Salmon in the centre to organise the defence we cant get the ball away and it looks like ping pong tennis in there 1-1 as we approach half time. We kick off and go for the centre of the midfield to attack the defence which catches the home team off guard and Parke gets his 2nd of the game.

Some poor defending from both teams in the 2nd half lets the score move up a notch to 3-2 to us, but my did we have to fight for it and did get the points right at the death of the game. A break away from Tolley had set in Sharadon to ghost in at the back post to tap the ball into the net.

End result …3-2 Win

Scorers Parke 20,42, Sharadon 90.

MoM Anthony… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Worcester ...(A) 5th Feb 05

The scouts say we should watch out for their pacey attack, and that is what we shall do. Seeing as it was bit greasy on top we were glad to have back into our team our captain Salmon who can keep hold of are young team.

20 minutes gone and Patterson who was in for Sharpe on the left wing got a first time ball into Sharadon who layed it off for Parke to get on the end of it 1-0.

With not a lot of pressure from Worcester team we found more space all over the park and so much so that Ashington got on the score sheet after 54 minutes.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Parke 20, Ashington 54.

MoM Patterson… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

The table so far

mytable30games.jpg

More to follow….

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - We Have Lift Off!!!!!!

Yes folks the Owls have finally got into gear and are charging up the league towards the league title. Over half way through the season and the Owls sit nicely in third spot ready to pounce on Tranmere and Hull after a superb run of results in the league. Star performers of this run have been Jordi Cruyyf out on the left wing terrorising defences, Matthew Hamshaw after coming back from injury has ben in superb form and upfront it seems the rotation system between Luis Costa and Ndumbu - Nsungu up front has been working wonders as both have been smashing in the goals that were missing in the early part of the season. Here is a run down of the games played recently.....

The League Campaign

Wrexham v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-0

A trip to Wales to meet Nick Tennant's wrexham side was next on the agenda after there super win over Oldham. It was one way traffic throughout the match as the owls had Wrexham under the cosh from the start. The margin should have been far greater but for some terrible finishing and great goalkeeping to keep the score at one. The goal that the owls got came from Luke Guttridge two minutes after half time. Hepburn however was not too pleased and felt his team should have scored a few more to hit home the domination they had over Wrexham. In fact Wrexham had a couple of late chances to equalise as the owls defence switched off but David Lucas was equal to them to help the owls get the three points.

Sheffield Wednesday v Luton - (H) - 2-1{/I]

A topsy turvy game of football here with neither team really dominating the game all that much. Luton started off the better of the two teams and went ahead after only thirteen minutes but the owls quickly got into the match after the goal and created a few chances as they went in search of an equaliser. That equaliser was provided by wing sensation Jordi Cruyff who slammed home from close range. Buoyed by the equaliser it was all Sheffield Wednesday till half time and they went ahead again from the feet of Jordi Cruyff five minutes before half time and he cut in from the left and slammed home from 12 yards. Second half was a bit of a bore in all honestly with not much action but it was another three points for the owls in their push for promotion.

Sheffield Wednesday v Bradofrd City - (H) - 0-1

A setback here for the owls as they could not buy a shot on target as chance after chance went wide or blazed over the bar much to Hepburn's annoyance. Bradford City scored with their only shot on target and made Hepburn even more miserable as he left Hillsborough.

Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-0

Hepburn left Bournemouth shell shocked as his team dropped two points in the race for promotion. It was one way traffic throughout the match but they just could not find a way past man of the match Neil Moss in the Bournemouth goal. The game could have went on all day and still not have scored such was the luck Moss was having in goal.

Hartlepool v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-0

It was back to winning ways for the owls on their travels with a superb 1-0 win at Hartlepool. A goal from Luis Costa was enough to settle this game but again too many chances went abegging for the owls and it is still causing Hepburn some concern about the lack of killer instinct about his team. Credit has to go to Hartlepool goalkeeper Jim Provett who produced some terrific saves to keep the score at one.

Sheffield Wednesday v Torquay - (H) - 3-0

There are some games in football where everything a team does comes off and for the owls this was one of these games. They were utterly magnificent as they put high flying Torquay to the sword as they rattled in three goals and it could have been more. Luis Costa was the hero for the owls with a superb double and Eoin Jess scored the third in a fantastic win. It could have been more but Hepburn for once was very pleased with the performance from his men.

MK Dons v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-1

Throughout his short managerial career Hepburn had stated his bogey team was the MK Dons whom he had never even got a point against. It was a thrilling end to end game of football that could have ended ten all nevermind one all. It looked as though Hepburn would be ending another game against MK Dons with nothing as Mark Williams had given them the lead but Luis Costa saved the day and a point for the owls with a last gasp equaliser much to the delight of manager Hepburn.

Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield - (H) - 2-0

It was back to Hillsborough at last after a couple of games on the road and what a show the owls put on for their fans. A supposed tough game turned out to be a bit of a stroll for the owls. A goal at the end of each half was enough to see off Huddersfield who just did not get into their stride as the owls seemed to knock them for six with their pressurizing game. The goals for the owls came from Luke Guttridge and Luis Costa and saw another three points in the bag for the owls.

Swindon v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-0

Another win on the road for the owls against lowly Swindon Town. What seemed an even match judging by the stats was actually very one sided. The owls allowed Swindon possession ans chances from long range but they never really threatened David Lucas. On the other hand Sheffield wednesay were cutting through a weak Swindon defence with ease and should have scored more than the two goals they got. The goals came from that man Cruyff and Ndumbu-Nsungu to seal another win for the owls.

So after the latest run of games Hepburn's team are moving in the right direction as they battle their way for promotion into the Championship. With a LDV Vans Trophy N Semi final to look forward to things are looking good for the owls.

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Firstly just to save a bit of time just going to put my update that is outstanding.

Colchester 4-1 Wrexham

Port Vale 1-0 Wrexham

Wrexham 0-2 Chesterfield

Wrexham 0-2 Doncaster

Signings also included Aknpo Sodje and McCarthey on loan. Miller was also signed from Celtic for a free transfer.

Aknpo Sodje: The brother of Sodje from Huddesfield, also has been released by the Terriers. Normally played his trade in the lower leagues with limited experience in the football league. Impressed in a trail and was snapped up for a year and a half.

McCarthey: Solid left footed defender with potential of going all the way. Loaned till the end of the season.

Miller: Ex Celtic trainee who can play left wing back or in the midfield. Decent footballer with the ability to pass a ball.

Striker Harrad on loan from Notts County was sent back after a unimpressive loan spell.

Blackpool Away

The formation was changed moving into this match. Baker continued in the Dragons goal with a back line of McCarthey, Lawrence and Carey. Wing backs being Holt and Pejic. The midfield included Collins Andrews and Miller. The strike force included Armstrong and Sodje.

The Match

The first half both teams looked to open the deadlock. Both teams looked tense and chances where a rarity, however it was Wrexham who looked the team who was out the relegation zone not Blackpool, however Blackpool took the lead in the 37th minute.

Second half Wrexham showed the same form as they did in the first half. Andrews was running the midfield and the wing backs working well. Wrexham got a deserved equaliser in the 49th minute as the Blackpool player was penalised and Wrexham slotted the penalty home with Miller scoring his first goal for the club. The game then remained in the balance but this game mirrored the majority of Wrexham’s season as Backpool took the lead in the 65th minute and Wellens secured the victory in the final minutes of the game

Blackpool 3-1 Wrexham

Bristol City Home (David’s team)

The 5-3-2 formation was stuck with and a similar team turned out at the Racecourse apart from David Ferguson coming in for Collin’s.

The Match

Bristol looked the superior side through out the first half. Chances where created and spurned by the opposition. Referee Cowburn was making the game difficult for both sides, as he consistently blew up needlessly and generally not letting the game flow. Several yellow cards where also distributed. Bristol took the deserved lead in the 38th minute through summer signing Heffernan.

The second half started in a similar fashion as the Titties looked for there 2nd. However Cowburn didn’t disappoint in making himself the main talking point as he sent of the Bristol player for a second bookable offence. Wrexham then pushed further up the pitch playing a 4-3-3 formation. It paid off in the 65th minute as a long ball wasn’t dealt with Sodje controlled and turn and slammed it in to the bottom corner of the Bristol net. Wrexham failed to find the winner with Ferguson going close several times from dead ball situations. Bristol where reduced to 9 men before Ferguson closest effort.

Wrexham 1-1 Bristol City (David’s Titties)

Barnsley Away

The team remained unchanged going into a tricky tie with Yorkshire side Barnsley.

The Match

The first half passed without much incident.

The second half saw Wrexham take the lead with midfield Andrews braking from his holding role to latch onto a through ball, he dispatched the ball passed the on rushing keeper into the top right hand corner sending the Wrexham fans into delirium. Barnsley then looked for an equaliser and their fans where sent home happy as Stallard equalised with a well place header passed the keeper.

Barnsley 1-1 Wrexham

On loan keeper Barry Roche was sent back to Forest as a matter of reducing the wage bill.

Managers thoughts: Well with only 11 points been picked up it will take more than a miracle to keep us up. With a sheer lack of resources the club struggled on and off the pitch. There have been a few promising performances mainly from loanee Andrews and keeper Baker. The club will go down but with the bosman transfers for the on coming season I feel we can challenge for promotion back into League 1.

bristolcitydave.jpg

So on to the next session and we start with an away game against Bournemouth.

Bournemouth (A) 12th February 2005

Dissapointing start for Bristol as Bournemouth have a number of early chances, one of which is slotted home to make it 1-0. But the Titties immediately hit back and Heffernan makes it 1-1. Then just before half time Gillespie adds another to make it 2-1. Second half starts much the same as the first with Bournemouth missing a number of chances before making it 2-2 after 65 minutes. So it's time for a triple substitution for the City. Bournemouth are 4th so any kind of result will be good enough. However they make it 3-2 with 10 minutes to go. And thats how it ends.

Bournemouth 3 Bristol City 2

MOM Graeme Holmes (Bristol C)

ATT 9676

So another league defeat for Bristol City, thank god for a decent run in the cup. So on to the next fixture, a home tie against Torquay. A must win for the Titties.

Torquay (H) 15th February 2005

A few changes have been made to the starting line up due to fatigue, but as always the same formation will be used. Game starts off in Bristol's favour with a good few chances going in, but no goals. And that's it for the first half. But 8 minutes into the second half and Bristol are awarded a penalty. Heffernan steps up and makes it 1-0. The man is a goal machine. As he proves in the 79th minute when he makes it 2-0. And that's how it ends, a fantastic result for Bristol. Another man of the match award for Graeme Holmes, proving to be a great signing.

Bristol C 2 Torquay 0

MOM Graeme Holmes (Bristol C)

ATT 7794

So a good result for Bristol in the lead up to the FA cup 5th round, but now its time to travel to Brighton in the hope of a place in the quarter final.

Brighton (A) 19th February 2005

So game gets underway with Brighton playing a 4-3-3 formation, but Bristol stick to their 4-1-3-2. The first 20 minutes go by with not much to report, but then Brighton start to apply the pressure with a number of corners. However with no success. Half time approaches with no goals on the card and that's how it goes in. On to the second half and its much more of the same, with chances at both ends. But then, a deflected free kick from Brian Tinnion makes it 1-0 to Bristol City. With 15 minutes to go Brighton pile on the pressure but their keeper messes up his kick out and gifts Heffernan with a goal to make it 2-0. Then Brighton are reduced to 10 men after 82 minutes. Looking good for Bristol. And thats it, 2-0 and Bristol make it to the quarter finals. The fans and players are going mad.

Brighton 0 Bristol C 2

MOM Steve Phillips (Bristol C)

ATT 7013

So there we have it, a dissapointing league position, but a fantastic run in the cup for the Titties. Manager Johnston was too busy celebrating and downing champagne after the match to comment, but word has it he doesn't care who they get in the next round, he is just happy to be there.

And the draw for the next round is an away tie at West Brom, not the worst draw, but Premiership opposition again.

But now back to the league, and it's Huddersfield at home.

Huddersfield (H) 23rd February 2005

Shittu and Bolt make their league debuts in this game, and Johnston hopes they will make a big difference. But star goal scorer Heffernan is suspended for this game, so the goals need to come from someone else. And after 22 minutes it comes from Beniushis, 1-0. That's it for the first half, 1-0, and good football from Bristol. After 56 minutes a penalty is slotted home by debutant Bolt to make it 2-0. And that's how it ends, 2-0 to the Titties. A good end to the night.

Bristol C 2 Huddersfield 0

MOM Danny Bolt (Bristol C)

ATT 11048

So Danny Bolt starts his City career with a goal and MOM, a good buy and hopefully will shows this in the next few games.

My squad, so everyone can check out my great players and their ratings:

Bristol%20Team.JPG

barrowpeter.jpg

So here we go again and yet another player is coming to join our band of merry men. Seeing as a few players will not put pen to paper at this stage of the season I’m on the look out for players that will play for us, just in case some of them decide they are too big for my team. So in comes J Shepheard a young left back who was released from Oxford early on in the season.

Kettering...(H) 12th Feb 05

A team that were at the wrong of the league were soon to be on the wrong end of a result that my team were about inflict onto them. Within the first 10 minutes we were 1-0 up and not so soon later it was 2-0. Within 33 minutes the game was all but over as Ashington got on the end of a cross to stab the ball home.

The second half was a non event as Kettering decided to shut up shop and try and not let any more goals in. but the damage was done and the 3 points were all ours

End result …3-0 Win

Scorers Anthony 9, Parke 15, Ashington 33.

MoM Paterson… 9/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Why is it that as soon as you get a player in to make the squad a better squad you soon find that the player you bought in his opposite number gets an injury that keeps him out for a few weeks. Well that’s what has happened for me as Shepheard has come into the team but my left back Trees has just broken his arm and will be out for 3-5 weeks.

Hucknall ...(A) 19th Feb05

A team that were 12th in the league were going to be a hard team to keep at bay. Ok so they have let in a few goals but they have also scored a few goals along the way. But my man mountain (Salmon) at the back soon got us into the game with an excellent header to put us 1-0 up after only 7 minutes. He was playing the game of his life as not only was he on the score sheet but was a rock at the centre of my defence and was mopping up every thing that was thrown at him.

My other star of the team was Anthony. This guy was under the spot light from Bristol City but since the offer has come in and been rejected he has gone from strength to strength. This guy got our 2nd goal of the game after only 23rd minutes.

Into the 2nd half I decided to rest a few players due to the team I was about to play. The next team I would be playing would be Vauxhall Motors who were in 2nd place in the league and I need to beat them to put their charge to bed. So 3 players off and 3 new players on keep the same rhythm going on and we get another goal right at the end of the match.

So yet another win and another 3 points, but if we don’t get the right result next game all this hard work could be for nothing.

End result …3-0 Win

Scorers Salmon7, Anthony23, Knight 84.

Position in League 1st

Vauxhall Motors ...(A) 22nd Feb 05

So this is the big one for both teams and I think winner takes all. We are helped by the fact that the main player for Motors has got himself a new club. Bolt will not be playing today as he is now a Bristol City player. thank god

So to the match and we are under the cosh right from the start of the game. We do get the cobwebs from our ears and start to play like a team that are playing with no fear of any team that we come up against. Our left winger Paterson brings down the ball from a pass from Maxfield and runs at the Motors defence and tries his luck with a shot from 20 yards out that goes under the keepers arms.

We are still trying to get another goal to ease our nerves and the supporters but due to good defending from the home team we cant get that extra goal. So into the break we go only a goal up.

How the heck we survive the first 15 minutes of the second half I do not know. We must have lady luck on our side as Vauxhall hit the post have the ball cleared of the line and hit the cross bar. The only thing that did go their way was the bookings of 6 of my players to stop them putting their foot in later on in the game.

Knight who was in for the suspended Parke had got away from his marker to put his mark down and give us a 2 goal advantage and the hope of getting a result from here.

The Ref blows for full time after playing an extra 4 minutes, and the players and myself just go crazy as we know that we should be going up at the end of the season as champions. We have just put ourselves 13 points ahead of Motors and baring a big dip of from we are nearly home.

End result …2-0 Win

Scorers Paterson 4, Knight 66

Position in League 1st

The table so far

tableleague8.jpg

More to follow….

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Bosman signings: Andrews for next season and versitile Adam Chambers from Wolverhampton and West Brom respectively.

Kerian Quinn signed a new contract.

Wrexham 0-2 Hull (Facey 54 / Barmby 58)

Smith sold to Lincoln for 4k and high earning Edwards left to AaB for no fee.

Brentford 1-1 Wrexham (Hutchinson / Penelty Ferguson)

Wrexham 1-2 Walsall (Sam 1 / Fryatt 12 / 17 Cuerton)

Oldham 2-1 Wrexham (Jarrett / Johnson / Talbot)

Well after this group of games Wrexham are destined for League 2 football. The team rebuilding has started with play of the season Andrews (So far) signing a conract agreement for next year and Adam Chambers signing from West Brom on a bosman for next year. The team has disappointed all season and the players have been poor, this and some poor managerial decisions by me and the club looks to confirm relegation into the depths of the football league soon. However I feel with the addition of Andrews and Chambers and also Behrall (centre half from Olhdam) I feel we can bounce back next season. The players have not only let me down but the fans, although I feel even the best manager in the world would of kept Wrexham up due to the fact we lack the playing staff and with only a budget of 15k. I feel there is no excuse for next season as I look to mould me squad into a promotion looking side.

crawleypauls.jpg

We are now entering the critical stage of the season where a run of good results can push a team into contention. Paul Rouch is driving the team hard and giving the players the belief that a play off place is within their grasp. They now have to start getting the points that will put them there!

Leigh (H) 1st February 2005

A rip roaring display from Crawley with two first half goals from Mapes and Ayo Akinsete as the home team tore Leighs defence to shreds! Charlie Mapes secured his Man of the Match champagne with his second goal to bring a smile to the mangers face on this bitterly cold February night! icon_cool.gif

Crawley 3 Leigh 0

ATT 1099

Barnet (A) 5th February 2005 – FA Trophy 4th Round

A forgettable night for the travelling Crawley fans who made their way to northernmost London for this FA Trophy tie. Crawley were unlucky and did not seem to get a break all night. Barnet took full advantage of Crawleys’ bad luck with Simon Buckley grabbing an unlikely brace and Clist combining to make it 3-0 on the night, which flattered to deceive icon_frown.gif

Barnet 3 Crawley 0

MOM Simon Buckley (Barnet)

ATT 933

Halifax (H) 9th February 2005

Back to the league and a home match against the northern giants, Halifax. Adam Birchall grabbed the one and only goal of this match early in the first half, and Halifax’s misery was compounded when Ian Sharps was sent off shortly after the second half had kicked off! A well deserved home win that see’s Crawley keeping the play off spots in their sights icon_biggrin.gif

Crawley 1 Halifax 0

MOM Craig Mawson (Halifax)

ATT 1838

Burton (H 12th February 2005

A game which Crawley were favourites to win (for a change!!) and a game which Crawley dominated! Paul Armstrong opened the scoring with a goal on 6 minutes. Phil Salt managed an equaliser for Burton with their first attack of the game on 16 minutes. Crawley’s superiority was restored with a rare Simpemba goal to give the home team the advantage they deserved. The second half saw Craig Coates venture toward the Crawley half in Burtons second (and final) attack of the day, which of course, he scored with icon_eek.gif The game finished a very uneven draw and the Crawley Manager was cursing the spurned opportunities icon_mad.gif

Crawley 2 Burton 2

MOM Paul Armstrong (Crawley)

ATT 2060

Farnborough (A) 16th February 2005

After the disappointment of the draw against Burton a trip to Farnborough awaited the Reds and they soon put the prior games misery behind them as Adam Birchall opened up the scoring and Dean Stevens grabbed the second to secure an impressive three points on the road! icon14.gif

Farnborough 0 Crawley 2

ATT 988

Stevenage (A) 19th February 2005

Another game on the road for Crawley, this time facing Stevenage at Broadhall way. A very even opening half saw some attractive attacking football, but no end product, and the teams traipsed in goal-less. Crawley stepped up a gear in the second period and Birchall gained the reward for the attacking intent with a sweet strike 7 minutes after the restart. Unfortunately, Stevenage grabbed an immediate equaliser from Pacquette. Maamria added insult to injury when he gave the home team the lead. Danny Marney was not willing to give up the fight however and he grabbed a dramatic equaliser in the 94th minute of the game to ensure Crawley did not leave empty handed icon_wink.gif

Stevenage 2 Crawley 2

MOM Ayo Akinsete (Crawley)

ATT 1954

Canvey Island (H) 26th February 2005

Two teams trying to get into contention for the play off places, and Crawley struck first with a well crafted goal from Paul Armstrong in the first half. Adam Birchall limped off injured just before the break. The second half was an evenly contested affair, but Crawley further extended their lead on 78 with a goal from John Spicer which tied the points up and pushed the reds above Canvey in the league and into the coveted 5th spot, Play Offs! 6th place Gravesend have a game in hand but its great to there! icon_biggrin.gif

Crawley 2 Canvey Island

MOM Jon Keeling(Canvey Island)

ATT 1972

As February drew to a close, the teams progress was recognised when the Manager was awarded the Manager of the month award, Ayo Akinsete was runner up in the young player of the month award and Adam Birchalls fine strike against Farnborough came in 3rd in the goal of the month. Crawley are now sitting 5th in the league and seem well poised for the final stages of the season icon_biggrin.gif

bristolcitydave.jpg

So here we go again with another edition of the Titties update. This night promises to be an exciting one, with a game against Andy's Sheffield Wednesday coming up and the 6th round of the FA cup.

So straight into another big game, with Bristol travelling to take on top of the league Tranmere.

Tranmere (A) 26th February 2005

Not a good start to the match with Tranmere taking the lead after only 8 minutes. But Bristol fight back to gain a few chances in front of goal, however in the 20th minute things were made worse when a penalty was given away and scored to make it 2-0. Still Bristol didn't give up and after 40 minutes they managed to pull one back through Steven Gillespie. And so the first half ends 2-1. So onto the second half and the chances seem to be flying in at either end of the pitch. Bristol finally decide to change things up after 60 minutes, bringing Tinnion on to hold the midfield and Kristal to add some pace down the right. But it was down the left that Danny Bolt ran and came through on goal only to blast wide. Time is running out for Bristol, but substitute Kristal runs forward on the break and scores in the 80th minute to draw level. A bonus for Bristol too as Tranmere are reducedd to 10 men for a second booking. But Bristol are unable to take advantage of this and the games ends 2-2. A good result especially given they were 2-0 down.

Tranmere 2 Bristol C 2

MOM Tommy Doherty (Bristol C)

ATT 14772

So a good result to start the night, and now onto the biggest game of the night by far, Sheffield Wednesday v. Bristol City. But before that, news of a new signing coming in for next season, and it's veteran winger Allan Johnston from Kilmarnock, hoping to add some experience to the team.

Sheffield Wednesday (A) 2nd March 2005

So into the game we go, with Sheffield playing a very interesting attacking formation. And it works, after only 5 minutes they take the lead through Eoin Jess. Moments later a good counter attack is missed from close range for Bristol. But in 25 minutes Jess adds another for Wednesday. Yet again moments later a counter attack is narrowly missed for Bristol. But in 30 minutes new signing Graeme Holmes makes it 2-1. The cheers for Bristol only last a minute as Luis Costa adds another for Sheffield. And that's how the half ends, 3-1. 2nd half begins with Sheffield piling on the pressure, with the chances flying in. But they are unable to score another. And it's Bristol who take advantage of a counter attack in the 83rd minute, with sub. Beniushis making it 3-2. But minutes later a counter attack at the other end makes it 4-2. And that's how it ends, rather dissapointing performance by Bristol.

Sheffield Wednesday 4 Bristol C 2

MOM David Lucas (Sheffield Wednesday)

ATT 19525

So on to a must win game for Bristol City, Peterborough at home. All games now are must win, if we want to stay up.

Peterborough (H) 5th March 2005

So a few changes for Bristol to rest some players, but mostly the same line up. It's Peterborough who have the majority of chances to start with, but are unable to put anything away. And in the 22nd minute they hit the bar. 30 minutes gone and it's still all Peterborough. Bristol finally get a chance after 42 minutes but a packed Peterborough defence manage to keep them out. But after 44 minutes a long ball finds it's way to Gillespie who slots it home to make it 1-0. And that's half time. So second half gets underway and Kristal is taken off injured, replaced by Danny Bolt, who'll play on the left with Anyinsah moving over to the right. Not much to report for the rest of the game, a few chances at either end, but the game ends 1-0.

Bristol C 1 Peterborough 0

MOM Danny Shittu (Bristol C)

ATT 8368

So a 1-0 win and Bristol move up to 14th position in the league, moving away from the relegation zone and looking safer and safer every week. But manager Johnston's place still remains in the balance as the board expected a top half finish this season. But for now it's time for the mind to be turned back to the FA cup as Bristol travel to play West Brom.

But before that Johnston looks towards the next season with a few Bosman transfers, names will be released later on if and when contracts are accepted.

So the first one to sign is Bekim Kapic, a Slovenian centre half from Mura. Big strong hard working defender. Hopefully he'll help to reduce the goals conceded next season.

West Brom (A) FA Cup 6th Round 12th March 2005

So a full strength team for Bristol with everyone fighting fit. First chance falls to West Brom, but it is blasted over the bar. Then again after 16 minutes Kanu has his shot saved. Another amazing save denys West Brom in the 30th minute. But not so good after 38 minutes as Kanu heads home from close range to make it 1-0. Bristol then have their first chance of the game but Shitu blasts wide of the post. So half time and it's 1-0, not too bad for Bristol, but Kanu is running the show here. Another chance for Bristol sees Heffernan denied by a brilliant save. But in 58 minutes West Brom adds to the scoreline to make it 2-0. Just as Johnston was preparing to make some substitutions Danny Bolt is sent off for a second yellow. The dream is slowly coming to an end. And the icing on the cake, after making 3 substitutions already an injury means Bristol will now play with 9 men. And it's all over, a dissapointing performance by Bristol and they are out of the FA Cup.

West Brom 2 Bristol C 0

MOM Kanu (West Brom)

ATT 30486

FA cup over it's time to concentrate on staying in League One for next season, and manager Johnston had this to say

'It was a fantstic run for us in the cup, it's always good for a new manager to prove his worth by getting to the latter stages of a cup competition. Nobody expected us to get as far as we did, but we pulled out a few surprises, and everybody associated with the club is very happy. Although also dissapointed at not making it all the way. For me it's now very important to concentrate on the league, we're not safe from relegation yet and with 10 games still to go anything could happen. I promise that I will step down as manager if I am unable to keep Bristol up where they belong, but I have full confidence that this won't be the case, and I hope the fans are happy enough with my performance to give me another chance next season to advance possibly up a division. I have made plans already for next season and just before I spoke to you I confirmed the signing of Striker Junior from Derby. And I hope next season we will have more quality to gain promotion.'

So there you have it, Johnston remains upbeat about this season, gambling his job on keeping the Titties in league one and also planning for next season already.

barrowpeter.jpg

Lancaster...(H) 26th Feb 05

A team that are 19th in the league they do have some back bone to them. And that is they were on the back foot right from the start. A shot counter of 18 to 2 in favour of us was pleasing to the eye, more so when the attempts went in.

Parke who had come back into the team got us going with a goal after 21 minutes. This was followed by Anthony who got his goal just before the break.

A great all round team goal saw Shandran get our 3rd goal of the game and with it all the points.

End result …3-0 Win

Scorers Parke 21, Anthony 44, Shandran 54..

MoM Paterson… 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Yet another player has come to me for the end of season part and this time it’s a player that Torquay have decided that they don’t want no more. So in comes a young midfielder in the name of T O’Donovan a player for the future for my team.

Runcorn...(H) 5th March 05

Yet we play another team that’s in 19th place in the league, but this time it was one hard slog trying to get a result out of this game. We did find the net in this game, but it took us up till the 44th minute before our top goal scorer Parke got onto the score sheet yet again.

This was a game that could have gone either way and respect was due to Runcorn who put up such a fight that they deserved their late leveller on the 85th minute with a header from Forbes who got in between my 2 defenders to get the ball past our keeper.

End result …1-1 Draw

Scorers Parke 44.

MoM M Blake … 8/10 … Runcorn

Position in League 1st

Nuneaton ...(A) 12th March 05

Now after the games of playing the teams in the bottom half of the league it was the turn of playing a team in the top 6. I have decide to freshen up the team with 5 changes from my last match. ‘have I done the right thing? Who knows we will have to wait and see ‘

So to the match and a crowd of over 1000 have come to see us both play on this cold fresh day in March. Lets hope we give a good account of ourselves today as I think the pressure of getting near the finishing line is starting to effect some players. And for some reason we go into this match as underdogs ( do the bookies know something I don’t ?)

We get off to a flyer with yet another goal from Parke after only 8 minutes gone. Murphy brings us back down to earth with a free kick thet went into the net 1-1 17 minutes gone.

Now comes the backs to the wall bit as we have to with stand so much pressure I feel that we might be looking at our first defeat for a long time. Salmon our captain was outstanding in the centre of the defence as he was like a man mountain as he won everything in the air today and was named man of the match for the game.

I draw I’m happy with as it’s a point closer to our goal and to be honest we were lucky today here at Nuneaton.

End result …1-1 Draw

Scorers Parke 8

Position in League 1st

The table so far

league15.jpg

More to follow….

RobQPR.jpg

Well another long report for QPR due to the fact I’m a lazy bastard and haven’t done it

Games Played

QPR 0 Coventry 2

Staunton Pen on 25mins was the only goal of the game

MOM Koppinen

Attendance 17136

Brighton 1 QPR 1

Petrescu opened for QPR on 20mins with a nicely struck freekick from close range, only took Brighton 8mins and Cullip slotted home from a corner 1-1 for this bottom of the table clash.

MOM A.Brown

Attendance 7037

Sunderland 1 QPR 0

Only 1 goal in this and a cracker it was 40yarder from Elliott on 73mins to give the home team 3points.

Sent off Koppinen 90mins and Ross on 40mins

MOM Stenild

Attendance 22828

QPR 1 Millwall 0

Gallen 17mins in with the only goal in this bottom of the table clash.

MOM Gallen

Attendance 18006

Watford 1 QPR 1

Webber Opens the scoring for Watford on 26mins and Winters waits till the 90min mark before adding his reply.

MOM A.Brown

Attendance 19676

QPR 0 Wolves 1

Cameron 69mins scores only goal in this one poor shooting by Rangers in this one cost em dear they shouldve won this encounter but just couldnt finish.

MOM Cooper

Attendance 12767

Fa Cup 3rd Round

QPR 0 Birmingham 3

Morrison,Carter and Yorke scored the goals to kill off any hope of a QPR cup run.

MOM Forsell

Sammy Lee was in charge for the next 2 games QPR 3 Stoke 1 and Sheff Utd 1 QPR 1

QPR 3 Reading 0

Rowlands 30,48 mins and Talbot 59 scored the goals in QPRs biggest win of the season maybe things are looking up doubt it but who knows.

MOM Rowlands

Attendance 15850

Gillingham 0 QPR 2

Maestri 6mins scored from a nice header early before Carrick 27mins sealed the win for Rangers in the first half.

MOM Koppinen

Attendance 11569

Next Update coming soon

wrexhamnicks.jpg

Wrexham 0-1 Hartlepool

The game took a similar pattern to the season. Bad luck struck us again with chances been missed and Hartlepool’s stalwart midfielder Tinkler struck home a 25 yarder.

Wrexham’s season put out of misery (BBC Wales)

After losing 25 games plus Wrexham’s fate was finally decided after losing to the Monkey Hangers. Financial implications have meant rookie manager Tennant has had limited recourses to spend money on his desired players. Tennant was upbeat after the clubs relegation in a interview soon afterwards ‘obviously the writing has been on the wall for a while now, the club has struggled through out the season and around halfway through I think it was public knowledge we would have to turn things round pretty rapidly. We have already started building for next season with the likes of Chambers, Andrews and Beherall already penned deals for next season.’

With Tennant already dipping into the bosman marker 3 players have been signed and the current Reds boss said there is more to come ‘we have talked to several clubs about doing things with certain players, we are already in talks with another player looking to join us at the end of the season and in negations with a Championship club about signing a striker.’ He further went on to say ‘It’s unusual to sign players before there contract is up but the clubs have said the players are surplus to requirements so for the good of the player we have decided to make a move now.’ Tennant’s technique of signing players has made major speculation around the Racecourse with more signings imminent.

Fans are still upset with Wrexham’s downfall and some unhappy with the appointment of rookie Tennant. However with the club down fans remain upbeat by the pedigree of signings and look forward to them putting on the red shirt.

Meanwhile the Darlington winger Neil Wainwright was later confirmed as the 4th signing in the summer for Wrexham.

Luton 3-2 Wrexham

An exciting game with Wrexham starting the game relatively well with youngster opening the scoring. Howard then later equalised and made it 2-1 after half time. Hector Sam then levelled the scores at 2-2. Howard scored to give the win to Luton.

Wrexham tag duo (Reports Sky Sports News)

Wrexham have confirmed the signing of Watford striker Norville for the fee of £2,000. The Dragons also confirmed the signing of Sunderland’s youngster Micheal Ingham for the season of 05/06.

MK Dons 1-2 Wrexham

A crowd of 4,500 thousand came to the temporary home of the MK Dons. An open sited ground saw the Dons take the lead with Herve slotting home in the 13th minute. The game then changed in the 21st minute the strike duo of Wrexham combined as the youthful Wrexham striker was brought down, the ref pointed to the spot and sent off MK Dons Willaims. Darren Ferguson stepped up and placed the ball into the roof of the net to make the scores level. MK Dons stepped up the pressure but couldn’t find an opening.

The second half went on without much incident but at the latter part of the game Wrexham where making the one man advantage count. The game went into stoppage time the 4th official put the board up for 4 minutes of extra time. Make shift winger Jones centered the ball with Ferguson heading home. The players rushed to the corner sensing a second win of their league campaign, the small section of the crowd went wild. The ref blew for full time whistle and was greeted by cheers by the Wrexham travelling fans. The players let to an ovation by 500 odd cheering fans sensing the future could represent a bright one in League 2.

sheffwedandys.jpg

The Owls Observer - Promotion In Sight?????

After a depressing and fairly terrible start to the season Hepburn has finally got his troops playing some super football and obtaining some great results in the process. It has been a remarkable transformation in a team only a couple of months ago couldn't buy a goal. Now they are flying in left right and centre.

The League Campaign

In recent weeks Sheffield Wednesday have turned into promotion candidates with some great performances that has seen the elevated to third in the league and in with a real chance of gaining automatic promotion. here is a run down of the latest games.....

Tranmere v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 0-1

A trip to the league leaders and a huge opportunity to gain on them as the owls battle for automatic promotion. The last time these two met was in the LDV Vans trophy that the owls won 4-1 so a repeat would have been brilliant. However lightening does not strike twice as far as the owls are concerned as Tranmere avenged their earlier cup defeat by winning 1-0. The owls just could not get into the game as Tranmere played them off the park and if it was not for Lucas in the owls goal it could have been a lot worse.

Sheffield Wednesday v Peterborough - (H) - 2-1

After the defeat at Tranmere it was time to entertain Peterborough at Hillsborough. The scoreline suggests a closely fought game but there was a huge gulf between the teams only the owls could not consolidate their superiority into goals. At one stage it was 1-1 but a late goal from Luis Costa provided the owls with three points.

Sheffield Wednesday v Chesterfield - (H) - 3-0

A fairly one sided contest and for once the owls made light work of the opposition and treated their fans to an afternoon of fun and football. All three goals came in the second half through Luis Costa, Chris Marsden and Matthew Hamshaw rounding off an impressive performance for the owls. Jamie Victory won himself his first man of the match award with a quite brilliant display at left back.

Port Vale v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-1

Confidence was high after two succesive home wins going into this game with Port Vale. Hepburn however was taking nothing for granted and knew his team would be in for tough game and to win they would have to play to the best of their abilities. He was proved right as Vale came flying out the blocks and went at the owls from kick off. They just could not find the back of the net to make their dominance pay off. The owls were lucky to go in at half time 0-0 and Hepburn must have given his team a rollicking as second half they were a different team. They managed to go 1-0 up two minutes into the second half with a goal from Chris Brunt and it seemed to deflate Vale. Ndumbu-Nsungu made it 2-0 after 71 minutes and Vale got a late consolation but to no avail and the owls went home with another three points in the bag.

Colchester v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-1

A game filled with chances but two goalkeepers at the top of their games. The owls got off to the best poosible start with a goal from Luis Costa after only three minutes but they just could not find a way past Andy Oakes in the Colchester goal. Williams equalised for Colchester with a sucker punch of a counter attack to level things and that was the way it finished.

Sheffield Wednesday v Stockport - (H) - 0-0

At the end of this game Hepburn ordered his team back out for shooting practice after his dominated a game of football for the entire 90 minutes yet still never managed to find the net once. Chance after chance was missed and Hepburn's blood pressure was at boiling point by the end.

Sheffield Wednesday v Doncaster - (H) - 2-0

If the owls were critised for their lack of spark in front of goal in the last game, they more than made up for it in this game. It was a very lively game with Doncaster running the owls very close but in the end David Lucas was the difference between the sides. He was in awesome form and frustrated Doncaster with some wonderful saves. At the other end the owls strikers found their scoring form again as Ndumu-Nsungu opened the scoring and late sub Steven McLean added a killer second to finish the game off for the owls.

Barnsley v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 1-0

Another pretty even game between the sides with both sides having chances but again David Lucas was in superb form to keep Barnsley out. In the end the game was settled by a penalty from Jon Paul McGovern who had earlier missed a penalty so to take another one soon after missing was a credit to his attitude and was rightly praised by Hepburn after the game.

The LDV Vans Trophy

So it was semi final time in the LDV Vans and the draw saw the owls away at conference side Accrington who had done magnificently to get this far. It was maybe one step to far for them as the owls thrashed them 6-0 and it could have been more. Accrington themselves had a few chances but David Lucas is in the form of his life so he kept yet another clean sheet. The hero for the owls was Ndumbu-Nsungu who helped himself to four of the six goals and a new club record for his efforts. Matthew Hamshaw and Eoin Jess scored the other two. The game was actually over in ten minutes as the owls were 4-0 up and cruising. Credit to Accrington though as they kept battling away and could have grabbed a consolation but it wasn't it to be.

The LDV Vans Trophy Northern Final Leg 1 - Boston United v Sheffield Wednesday - (A) - 2-2

The final saw League One against League Two and for the early part of the match it looked as if Boston were the League One side as they tore the owls apart, creating chance after chance. It really made grim viewing if you were an owls fan. In fact they raced into a 2-0 lead and the owls looked to be down and out of this final even with another leg to come at Hillsborough. Cue Hepburn with a tactical alteration and bang the owls clicked into overdrive. Within two minutes of the change Eoin Jess gave them a lifeline with a super goal and after that it was all Sheffield Wednesday as they searched for an equaliser and got it with sixteen minutes to go through wantaway striker Luis Costa. In the end the owls should have won it but for some great goalkeeping from Paul Bastock in the Boston goal.

The LDV Vans Trophy Northern Final Leg 2 - Sheffield Wednesday v Boston United - (H) - 3-0

The owls made sure there were no upsets or slip ups here as they hammered Boston in the return leg, almost as if they were p1ssed off with drawing the first leg. Luis Costa got a glorious double with a Matthew Hamshaw goal sandwiched in between. The final was won with a half to spare and the second half was just a formality as Hepburn guided his team to their first final in years in front of an ecstatic home support. So a lovely trip to the Millenium Stadium for the fans to look forward to where they will play Bournemouth for the LDV Vans Trophy.

With the end of the season in sight Hepburn has the chance of a glorious double as they sit within touching distance of both Tranmere and Hull and they have made it to the final of LDV Vans trophy. Things are looking good in Owl land right now.

RobQPR.jpg

Another installment from Rangers Poor season

Shittu Contract terminated with immediate affect due to the ass being unhappy all season.

Matches

QPR 1 Ipswich 3

Hristov opened the scoring for QPR in this one on 11mins with a cracking 25yrd shot in off the post,then it was Ipswiches turn Counago on 20mins,Westlake 30mins and Miller 37min Pen ended this one in the first half.

MOM Naylor

Att 18968

Leeds 4 QPR 1

Gresko 1-0 with a pen with only 4mins gone then Maestri on 24mins tied it but not for long as Jonsson scores a superb own goal hitting it back to Stenildand he completely misses it, 2mins later Miller made it 3-1 before Ricketts in injury time put the nail in the QPR coffin 4-1.

MOM Carlisle

Att 21417

QPR 3 Cardiff 2

Lee opened the scoring for Cardiff before Maestri on 47mins tied it 1-1 then to everyones suprise Winters made it 2-1 on 52mins to the home team then Maestri made it 3-1 on 72mins, 86mins and Thorne replied for Cardiff once again but the home crowd finally win one.

MOM Maestri

Att 14701

Derby 3 QPR 0

Idiakez opened for the home team on 18mins with a sweet struck freekick from edge of the area,then Rasiak made it 2-0 43mins before Smith scored the final goal og the game with 70mins gone fans had started to leave before the whistle to chants of Perry out!!!

MOM Idiakez

Att 30793

QPR 0 Notts Forest 0

MOM Dawson

Att 17248

Crewe 2 QPR 1

Edwards and Bell score for Crewe before Williams puts into his own net 2-1 final score

MOM Bell

Att 9771

QPR 2 West Ham 3

this one was probably the best Ive seen QPR play all season Hristov misses a open goal on 2mins and Chadwick scores 2mins later 1-0 WH then Maestri hits a brace on 58 and 73mins before Hutchinson 79 and Nowland 89mins kill off QPR

MOM Emara

Att 19124

Thoughts of the season so far

Well Im suprised Im still here to be honest some terrible results yet the board still stick by me hopefully if we go down I can bring them back up if Im still here stay tuned to find out more from the Rangers soon......

crawleypauls.jpg

As we enter March with the reds sitting in the playoff zone, the Manager is working with the players to ensure that all the hard work that has put them in this position does not go to waste, and they maintain their excellent run of form!

Barnet (A) 5th March 2005

The league leaders in their own back yard, a tougher start to the month is hard to imagine, especially when Clist gives Barnet a one goal advantage in the first half! The Crawley manager had a hell of a half time talk with his team though and they emerged from the tunnel oozing confidence and belief! Dean Stevens set the tone early on with an equaliser in the 49th minute. He added another midway through the second half to give Crawley a well deserved lead. Crawley continue to dominate and were very close to extending the lead in injury time, when Barnet counter attacked and stole a totally unjustified equaliser with virtually the last kick of the game icon_mad.gif

Barnet 2 Crawley 2

MOM Lewis Buxton (Crawley)

ATT 1567

Carlisle (H) 12th March 2005

Karl Hawley gave the visitors an early lead which the held on til the break. The second half started at a much more frenetic pace and Lewis Buxton got his first Crawley goal to equalise! Unfortunately Paul Armstrong went off injured on 56 minutes, which upset the balance of the Crawley team who could not then turn their upsurgent dominance into more goals icon_frown.gif

Crawley 1 Carlisle 1

MOM Karl Hawley (Carlisle)

ATT 2550

Tamworth (A) 19th March 2005

Crawley got off to a blinding start with a great goal from Danny Marney, but Tamworth equalised shortly after through Leroy Williams. Adie Smith was dismissed on 28 minutes and it looked like Crawley would take control and grab the 3 points. Unfortunately, Crawley were unable to make the extra numbers count though, although they dominated, in fact Tamworth defied the odds, and the flow of the game to grab a second goal from Leroy Williams again! That the MOM was the Tamworth keeper gives you a great indication of how this game played out! icon_mad.gif

Tamworth 2 Crawley 1

MOM Ryan Price (Tamworth)

ATT908

barrowpeter.jpg

Another player has come to me in this last week and that’s a young left winger K Darlow as I wont be keeping L Sharpe on so I have just got cover for my spot and also I might lose Anthony to Bristol City in the near future.

Droylsden...(H) 19th Mar 05

We play a team that are mid table but have not been beaten for the last 8 games and that was a 3-1 defeat away at Gainsborough. So here goes 3 points for us I hope.

We start of a bit slow and nearly come unstuck when Lee fires so close over our bar. We start to get a slight hold of the midfield and have a few shots at the visitors goal but still not close enough to get the ball into the net.

The game itself was not a pleasant game to watch as it was a stop start game and both teams did not have their shooting boots on today. We have got a point so we have now gone 25 games without defeat so far and are still in front of Vauxhall Motors in the league just.

End result …0-0 Draw

Scorers None..

MoM Regan… 8/10 … Droylsden

Position in League 1st

Harrogate Town ...(A) 2nd April 05

Looking at this game it had goals all round it as I seem to score when I’m playing teams from the lower half of the league. well I am top

We went on the attack from the start and got an early goal from Parke who got on the end of a cross from Anthony, 1-0. But blow me we have a laps in defence and we let in Hunter for a goal after 3 minutes, 1-1.

Then we hit a brick wall as we go on the attack and find us short at the back and a long ball from defence to attack sees Krief get onto the end of the punt and place his shot past our helpless keeper 2-1 to Harrogate after 24 minutes.

Could we get back into the match? We could not and had to go into the break 2-1 down. A lot of shouting and debates sees us come out fighting some players more than others!

We try the route one system and it pays off as Parke gets his and our 2nd goals,

48 minutes gone 2-2 now we have a big problem as our DCM Lynott is sent off for his 2nd yellow card of the game.

Not to worry as we get another 2 goals 1 from Parke again and Ashington gets on the score sheet. 4-2 and we are crusing to a win with only 10 players. I see we have put a lot of effort into the match at this stage and change the players who need it most, looking at it I should have not as we let in a goal on 85 minutes to make it 4-3 to us. So a change of tactic sees us more defensive and we see the game out

End result …4-3 Win

Scorers Parke 1, 48, 54, Ashington70.

MoM Parke … 10/10 … Barrow

Position in League 1st

Worksop ...(H) 9th April 05

Thank god I’m playing at home as we are against the team in 3rd and the team that has scored most goals in league with us at this point (79)

With a change of the midfield I give the new players a chance to show me what they can do.

We lose our captain to a pulled hamstring after 20 minutes and from this our team goes to pot. We give away a penalty after O’Donavon brings down smith who scores from the resulting penalty after 36 minutes.

We have a few more chances at goal but Worksop defend their 1-0 advantage and go away with all the points.

This is our first defeat in the league for a while and I hope its our last.

End result …0-1 Defeat

Scorers None

MoM Rogers… 8/10 … Worksop

Position in League 1st

The table so far

leaguetable39gamesgone.jpg

More to follow….

bristolcitydave.jpg

So back to the leauge with the cup run over and done with this season. Due to a late arrival the assistant was left in charge once again for a match against Swindon. The result:

Swindon 1 Bristol C 1

Not a bad result for the titties, but they are still not safe.

So on to tonights session and we start with a game against Port Vale away.

Port Vale (A) 19th March 2005

A very slow start but Bristol finally take the lead through Beniushis, making it 1-0 at half time. The second half was a boring affair with nothing much to report, and just when everyone thought it was all over Port Vale equalised in the last second of the game to make it 1-1.

Port Vale 1 Bristol C 1

MOM Mark Goodlad (Port Vale)

ATT 5272

So, yet another draw, but it's better than nothing and the team are looking safer and safer every week. The next game will see Chesterfield traveling to Ashton gate to face the mighty Titties.

Chesterfield (A) 28th March 2005

So back into things after a weekends break due to international fixtures and it's Danny Bolt who gets things going after 35 minute with a wonderful header to make it 1-0. And that's how the first half ends. The second half goes on with chances at either end but nothing much to report until the last minute, where once again Bristol conced a goal to make it 1-1.

Bristol C 1 Chesterfield 1

MOM Danny Bolt (Bristol C)

ATT 7537

Stockport (H) 2nd April 2005

So the game gets underway and it's Bristol who have the majority of the chances with a goal being dissallowed after 15 minutes for offside. But after 30 minutes a deflected shot bounces past Phillips into the Bristol net to make it 1-0 Stockport. The titties fight back though and only 3 minutes later they grab an equaliser through Heffernan. And it finishes 1-1 at half time. Second half gets underway and Bristol apply the pressure looking for the win. But to no avail as the game ends with another 1-1 scoreline.

Bristol C 1 Stockport 1

MOM Scott Murray (Bristol C)

ATT 7865

So another draw for the Titties, and League one football is still hanging in the balance for next season. With 5 games to go Bristol find themselves in 17th place but only 5 points ahead of the relegation zone. So 3 wins out of 5 would be enough to keep them up, but with all these draws going in who knows what will happen. A top half finish is still possible with 12th place Barnsley only 4 points ahead. But next it is Colchester away.

Colchester (A) 9th April 2005

In the first few minutes of the game it seems like a fire has been lit under the Bristol player's arses, as they are all playing 100% and the chances are flying in. But they are unable to finish anything. That is until the 38th minute when Gillespie finally manages to slot home one of his chances to make it 1-0 at half time. The second half passes by with nothing much to report until the last minute of the game where Heffernan slots home a rebound to make it 2-0 at the final whistle.

Colchester 0 Bristol C 2

MOM Danny Bolt

ATT 3852

So the session ends on a high with a win to take the team up to 13th position, 7 points ahead of the relegation zone. So with 4 games to go 2 wins would guarentee safety.

RobQPR.jpg

Welcome to the next installment from the R’s

MATCHES

QPR 3 Leicester 1

Classy passing was what got QPR the win in this one Maestri and Rowlands linking well down the right, Rowlands opened the scoring on the half hour before Maestri was brought down in the area and the ref awarded the R’s a penalty in which Hristov smashed home for the 2-0 then Holm added a 3rd before Benjamin added a consolation goal for Leicester.

MOM Guatelli 9

Att 13199

Sky Sports for this one

Rotherham 1 QPR 4

Garner gave Rotherham the lead after only 5mins but that was all the Rotherham fans would have to cheer in this one,2mins later Maestri makes it 1-1 after good work from Hristov, then it was Hristov himself who scored on 28mins to give the R’s the lead 2-1 Maestri added his second after a 25yard strike and then on 57mins Hristov added his second of the game and final goal in this one 4-1

MOM Rowlands 10

Att 9782

Preston 1 QPR 1

16 seconds on the clock and QPR should have been 1-0 up but Hristov his it wide after that it was Daley who scored for Preston after a keeper blunder by Day, Maestri pounces on 44mins make it 1-1 QPR had many chances to win this but I think this was 2 points dropped

Stay tuned to see if QPR can survive the last few games of this season and stay in the Championship.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Can't wait for tonight's game as it will be this session where I get to thrash Nick's Wrexham. icon_cool.gif

Any predictions of the score??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I predict a riot

Archived