FM WeeGiE Update 08/02/2013

FM WeeGiE Data Update - 18/01/13

Change List

Updated Transfers

Updated Loans (over 3 months only)

Player contracts updated

Manager & Staff changes (hirings & sackings)

Manager & Staff contract changes

Board Changes & Takeovers

Updated Finances

Updated other incorrect information

Other Info

Will need latest patch for Football Manager 2013

How to Download

1. Download the file below to the following My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2013 > Editor Data

2. Load up Football Manager 2013 and click new game

3. Select load all data files

4. Select FM WeeGiE Update and confirm

Any Questions or Data Issues

Please post them in this thread or visit our Forums where there are dedicated sub forums.

We can also be contacted via our

Website

Facebook

Twitter

DO NOT REDISTRIBUTE WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION

Click Here For Download

Quick question. How come SI says releasing their update will take a couple of weeks because of "testing"? What's being tested and is the same sort of testing done with your update to ensure there are no issues?

Sorry if this sounded like a stupid question.

Quick question. How come SI says releasing their update will take a couple of weeks because of "testing"? What's being tested and is the same sort of testing done with your update to ensure there are no issues?

Sorry if this sounded like a stupid question.

SI will cover more leagues then we can possibly do due to man power and they add ca/pa updates we dont, all needs proper testing, cant really compare us and SI Its unfair to both, it is what it is

Besides, keep in mind that some Eastern European leagues (vide here) have a transfer window which closes near the end of February, rather than January, and it makes little sense from SI's point of view to release a data update where a big chunk of the data could yet change.

I was actually trying to understand what the "testing" meant? I appreciate the work each puts into it but I wanted to understand what that aspect meant and how it applied to your update too.

Well as they change CA/PA etc they need to make sure the database is still balanced and fair, and they will do far more soak tests than we will because there's is a commercial product, then I assume they have to go through quality checks etc, and it wouldn't surprise me if they have a change control environment on top of that. Plus the patch isn't just a database update, they fix other bits of the game as well so that all needs testing. There's far more hoops to jump through than you'd think. If we screw up, it's annoying but we can fix it without much of a backlash. If they screw up they could make a game unplayable for millions of people.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived