kris0710

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigan-Robin-Park-Logo.png

Pre Season 2014/15

Results

l9-jul14-results_zps379c95ad.png

Pre season results were almost perfect as the new players look to gel into a team full of confidence.

Transfers

l9-jul14-transfers_zps5f57c6e5.png

Fairly busy summer and luckily i got all my business done before a transfer embargo hit us. Managed to pick up a couple of good goalkeepers and two forwards with football league experience. I was disappointed to lose two players. Harry Worley has moved to Sutton and clearly we couldn't compete as he now earns £400 pw. The second player i wanted to stay was Trevor Holding. Only 18 but had views on him being first choice right back and he started all four friendlies.

By far the biggest news of the summer is a move for the club. We will no longer be competing in the North West Counties Premier Division. We are now in Northern League Division One which saw Darlington romp away with the title last season. Unsure about this move as i thought we had a good chance of getting up from the NWCP. Also moving is Stockport Sports.

The bid by the supporters trust to take control looks to have failed. Despite us being placed under a transfer embargo there was no communication until i was thanked for my patience by owner Steve Halliwell.

August 2014

Results

l9-aug14-results_zps54497177.png

What a way to start life in a new league. Goals galore and unbeaten. That takes us to a new club record games unbeaten, 16 and counting.

Table

l9-aug14-table_zpscd830bae.png

Well the two teams moved are taking the league by storm. Will be a longer season for us as we have 46 games to play not 42.

Much better start this season! Crazy that there is only a single promotion spot for a 24 team league!

Been a great start, unbeaten since February 8th. Makes life tough with only one promotion spot, luckily for me Darlington won it last year as they fly through the leagues with a decent budget.

Good luck in your new division. Flying start!

Cheers :cool: Wouldn't believe my top scorer O'Flynn has hit 7 goals without even starting a game yet. He is my version of Adam Le Fondre.

Made a great start so far,hopefully this season will be a bit kinder to you.
Looks good so far this time :thup:

Thanks guys. Early days but all looks well. Have reverted to a tried and trusted formation from a previous save and its looking pretty strong.

September 2014

Results

l9-sept14-results_zpsd3fe69e3.png

Although we have lost our unbeaten record i would certainly take the rest of the season giving me three wins from five games. Vital win against Stockport Sports keeps us a little way ahead of most of the field.

Table

l9-sept14-table_zpsa990e6c2.png

A little gap is there between the top two and the rest. Quarter of the way through the season and things looking promising. The last two championships would have been won with 89 and 97 points so somewhere between there is the aim.

Northern League Challenge Cup

l9-sept14-challangecup_zps149008d4.png

A nice win at a league rival. Rested seven of my normal starters for this one. Pickering Town from the Northern Counties East Premier Division come to Wigan in the next round.

October 2014

Results

l9-oct14-results_zps4e5a7c22.png

Another 9 points in the bag. Disgusted with the defeat though. Woeful performance after i had rested nine of the eleven for the two cup matched before.

Table

l9-oct14-table_zps4c08fe76.png

Very tight behind us. Another good month needed. We host Penrith this month also.

FA Vase

l9-oct14-fav_zps4dab1afb.png

Plan to rest first teamers backfired as we fought back from 2-0 down to grab a replay. Left out only 4 players for the replay and we snatched a late winner. Sussex County League Division One side Chichester City is our next stop.

l9-oct14-challangecup_zps9f3472db.png

My back up players did me proud with this win. Northern Counties East Premier Division side Brigg Town at home next.

November 2014

Results

l9-nov14-results_zps16650dc7.png

Our most inconsistant month so far and im worried the wheels are about to fall off as you will see. A record win was recorded this month which is always nice.

Table

l9-nov14-table_zpsc7a776b2.png

FA Vase

l9-nov14-fav_zps7c58cebc.png

l9-nov14-challengecup_zps5e6f409f.png

Yet another takeover talk and transfer embargo for us.

Now for the 'wheels off' moment. With us having a great start that has led to attention in our players. This month has us lose 3 of my starting eleven to better things.

End of Season 2014/15

Northern League Division One

Table

Graph

What a great season. Finised top win 98 points. The 37 goals from John O'Flynn were a major help and the support of Martin Wilson and Matt Paine kept us ticking over.

FA Vase

Results

Reached a club best fourth round. Getting further every year.

Results

Our worst performance in this competiton in my three years. Only the 4th round this year.

|Season | Club | Division | Position | Notes |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2012/13 | Wigan Robin Park | North West Counties Premier | 3rd | |
|2013/14 | Wigan Robin Park | North West Counties Premier | 7th | |
|2014/15 | Wigan Robin Park | Northern League Division One | 1st | |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners

Premier League: Manchester United

Championship: Blackburn Rovers

League One: Leeds United

League Two: Swindon Town

Blue Square Premier: York City

Blue Square North: Lincoln City

Blue Square South: Hayes and Yeading United

Northern Premier: Hednesford Town

Isthmian Premier: Hampton and Richmond Borough

Southern Premier: Hitchin Town

Northern Premier 1st North: Ramsbottom United

Northern Premier 1st South: Scarborough Athletic

Isthmian 1st North: Lowestoft Town

Isthmian 1st South: Haringey Borough

Southern League 1st S/W: Yate Town

Southern League 1st Central: Guildford City

Northern League Division One: WIGAN ROBIN PARK

North West Counties Premier: AFC Liverpool

Midland Football Alliance: Kirby Muxloe SC

Northern Counties East Premier: Pickering Town

Eastern League Counties Premier: Mildenhall Town

Essex Senior League: Wivenhoe Town

South Midlands Premier: Ware FC

Combined Counties Premier: Godalming Town

Kent Premier League: Whyteleafe FC

Sussex County Division One: Shoreham

Hellenic Premier: Slimbridge FC

United Counties Premier: Hucknall Town

Wessex Premier: Newport Isle of Wight

Western League Premier: Iifracombe Town

FA Cup: Reading

League Cup: Chelsea

Community Shield: Manchester City

JPT: Tranmere Rovers

FA Trophy: Southport

FA Vase: Shildon AFC

Northern League Challenge Cup: Marine

Isthmian Ryman League Cup: Cray Wanderers

Southern League Cup: Farnborough FC

Champions League: Manchester United

Europa League: Tottenham Hotspur

Super Cup: Chelsea

CWC: Bayern Munich

Pre Season 2015/16

The start of the new season is almost here and for the first time ever Wigan Robin Park will be playing in Level 8. Our division is Northern Premier League 1st Division North that contains clubs like Darlington, AFC Liverpool, Bootle, Spennymoor and my old friends Runcorn Linnets. It is a 22 team league yet again just the single promotion place.

Good news came through early in the summer that a local businessman had taken over the club. My new boss is Lewis Drysdale and along with Director Keith Walker they set about turning the club Semi-Pro. Just to try my luck i asked for the Youth Level to be increased which was also agreed. The good news kept comimg with a new one year sponsorship deal vastly improved from the previous years.

Transfers

l9-july15-transfers_zps8a68305f.png

Just before we turned semi pro i was dealt a blow that three of my starting eleven were leaving along with three more that had big roles to play in last seasons title win. It has proved difficult replaceing these players also so as we head into pre season fixtures i am not overally happy with the squad i have.

Results

l9-july15-results_zpsea7e79a9.png

A mixed bag there but all the squad was rotated and i have now settled on a team to kick off the new season.

September 2015

Results

L9-sept15-results_zps409ce3fe.png

What a great month. Showed great spirit coming back to draw games we were woeful in and the home match with Eastbourne saw us behind three times against the bottom club. A bumper crowd saw us beat off Darlington.

Table

l9-sept15-table_zps7782d260.png

Looking good sitting so high and with the top two facing each other next things could look even better.

October 2015

Results

l9-oct15-results_zps226bb7e7.png

A nice month again, sticking to what has become my demand - winning three games a month. Happy with the amount of goals being scored and they are being well spread.

Table

l9-oct15-table_zps955be806.png

Still a little off the pace but with a trip to Trafford in November we can catch up a little.

l9-oct15-challengecup_zps37b1022e.png

Sad to be out but i rested nine of my players so what more could i expect. Its all about the league this season anyhow.

Yest again the bigger teams have been sniffing around the few players i have left on amateur contracts. I have had to cough up £200 pw to keep 38 year old Lee Hendrie here but even my maximum wage of £350 pw could not stop Martin Riley joining up with Blue Square Bet South side Boreham Wood. In replacement i quickly picked up Liam Chapman.

February 2016

Results

L9-feb16-results_zps531a0783.png

Frustraction is the word for this month. First up, Darlington, two nil down and getting a right hiding we fought back to level up at 2-2. Darlo' then struck with just minutes to go to win. Then to Runcorn Linnets. A great performance, a good 2-0 win. Until the game crashes and i replay it. A poor 1-1 draw with the Runcorn goal coming four minutes from time.

Table

l9-feb16-table_zpsd3accb9b.png

We need a near perfect run in to challenge at the top now. Still a good season so far though.

End of Season 2015/16

Northern Premier League 1st Division North

Table

Graph

A good solid season overall for us. A little sad with the 5th placed finish in the end. Expect next season to be tough with Darlington still hanging around.

[/url]

Out before the tournement even started really.

|Season | Club | Division | Position | Notes |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2012/13 | Wigan Robin Park | North West Counties Premier | 3rd | |
|2013/14 | Wigan Robin Park | North West Counties Premier | 7th | |
|2014/15 | Wigan Robin Park | Northern League Division One | 1st | |
|2015/16 | Wigan Robin Park | Northern Premier League 1st Division North | 5th | |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winners

Premier League: Manchester City

Championship: Watford

League One: Crystal Palace

League Two: Plymouth Argyle

Blue Square Premier: Cambridge United

Blue Square North: Chester FC

Blue Square South: Havant and Waterlooville

Northern Premier: Marine

Isthmian Premier: Staines Town

Southern Premier: Guildford City

Northern Premier 1st North: Mossley

Northern Premier 1st South: Gresley FC

Isthmian 1st North: Potters Bar Town

Isthmian 1st South: Cray Wanderers

Southern League 1st S/W: Bishops Cleeve

Southern League 1st Central: Guernsey

Northern League Division One: Stockport Sports

North West Counties Premier: Bamber Bridge

Midland Football Alliance: Stratford Town

Northern Counties East Premier: Retford United

Eastern League Counties Premier: Waltham Forest

Essex Senior League: Heybridge Swifts

South Midlands Premier: Aylesbury United

Combined Counties Premier: Camberley Town

Kent Premier League: Sevenoaks Town

Sussex County Division One: Crowborough Athletic

Hellenic Premier: Ardley United

United Counties Premier: Mickleover Sports

Wessex Premier: Market Drayton Town

Western League Premier: WimborneTown

FA Cup: Manchester City

League Cup: Chelsea

Community Shield: Reading

JPT: Notts County

FA Trophy: Chester FC

FA Vase: Stockport Sports

Northern League Challenge Cup: Radcliffe Borough

Isthmian Ryman League Cup: Kingstonian

Southern League Cup: Paulton Rovers

Champions League: Manchester United

Europa League: Tottenham Hotspur

Super Cup: Tottenham Hotspur

CWC: Manchester United

Pre Season 2016/17

Results

l9-july16-results_zpsfd33a710.png

Can ask for nothing more from pre season. Seven goals from my two wingers is a great sign going into the new season.

Transfers

l9-july16-transfers_zps9af381fc.png

A mixture of first team and youngsters leaving. Four players were out of contract and the rest were still on amateur contracts. The biggest loss isn't even on that list, John O'Flynn. The 32 year old top scorer from the last two seasons has decided to retire from football. He will be missed.

Four players have come in a straight replacements for players that have left the first team squad. Replacing O'Flynn is youngster Ryan Pates, centre back Liam Nolan joins after we failed to bring Harry Worley back to the club. Much is expected from Sam Benjamin as our full back positions have always been strong and finally Nicky Walker will strengthen the centre of the park.

August 2016

Results

l9-aug16-results_zpsc4a050c2.png

Not the start we wanted after a good pre-season. Can be delighted with the start from Ryan Pates but goals are just coming. Been a problem for a while so looking at an early season tinker of tactic.

Table

l9-aug16-table_zpsa8bd4e9f.png

Already off the pace by 8 points. A big September is needed before our season is over already.

Archived