Already Won The League But A Cup Final Is In A Few Weeks

What would you do? I've won the Prem with Newcastle after 32 games and we're in the final of the FA Cup.

Do I:

Play youngsters and not really care about the results and improve them while they can?

Play the first team and try win every game and keep morale up and not risk injuries?

A bit of both?

I'm playing Arsenal in the penultimate Prem game and a couple of days later in the FA Cup final coincidentally. What team would you also put out for the Prem game before the Cup?

Play with your youngsters in the league and rotate your basic players so that they remain match fit until the cup final is a possibility as well.

Yup rotate. You don't want them injured, but you still want them focused and with good morale, so you need to make sure you still get the wins

yeah I have often succumbed to the temptation of fielding a teams of youngsters in situations like this.

but it is super risky...you lose momentum/form...first choice players lose match fitness and rhythm ...losses can change moral...and then you go into the final and the first 11 just cant pick up where thye left off.

I think heavy rotation is the best idea- never field a side for the sake of it that dotn stand a great chance of winning.

yeah I have often succumbed to the temptation of fielding a teams of youngsters in situations like this.

but it is super risky...you lose momentum/form...first choice players lose match fitness and rhythm ...losses can change moral...and then you go into the final and the first 11 just cant pick up where thye left off.

I think heavy rotation is the best idea- never field a side for the sake of it that dotn stand a great chance of winning.

This in bold for me. I'd just keep winning. They can just as easily get injured in training. Keep morale high, form up. Steamroller all the way.

My last game of the season with Everton was meaningless. Couldn't gain a position couldn't lose one. But in 3 days after the final game i had a Europa League final (amazingly against Liverpool).

The board, fans and media gave me a hard time for playing the under-19s.

All was forgotten when Liverpool lost to us. :D

Archived