Feel a bit like I've cheated

I have just started my new Liverpool save. I am 10 games into the season and generally happy with how it is going.

I have been trying since release day to get into this game and get a tactic which I am comfortable with. I am finally enjoying my game and then this happens........

I play Man Utd at home and draw 0-0. Happy with the result but then I cannot get to the teamtalk and cannot continue the game. Tried everything I could think of for around 30mins and eventually had to quit the game.

I have auto save on weekly so I loaded the game up and it had saved the day before the Man Utd game. Is it Ok to continue the game regardless of the result?

I justify it to myself as "game abandoned" - floodlight failure, player taken ill, sudden heavy rain, UFO landing, whatever - then I just play to win, and accept the second result whether that be better, worse, or the same. Generally try to stick to the same line up, but I'll make changes to other things if it was obviously wrong before. I was a bit peeved when my star striker got a long term injury in one such replayed game. But it only bugs you for about 2 game weeks. Once you get beyond the immediate fixtures / events you were thinking ahead to before the crash, it stops bugging you.

Ha. Same thing happened to me using Everton at Old Trafford. Scraped a 0-0 draw, went to make a brew, Wife shuts down my laptop. Didnt save as I had clearly told my beloved to ''never shut down my laptop''. Reloaded and got beat 2-1....Not having that, I want my draw....replayed again and got 1-1. Game on!!

I justify it to myself as "game abandoned" - floodlight failure, player taken ill, sudden heavy rain, UFO landing, whatever - then I just play to win, and accept the second result whether that be better, worse, or the same. Generally try to stick to the same line up, but I'll make changes to other things if it was obviously wrong before. I was a bit peeved when my star striker got a long term injury in one such replayed game. But it only bugs you for about 2 game weeks. Once you get beyond the immediate fixtures / events you were thinking ahead to before the crash, it stops bugging you.

This.

A crash/freeze/power cut is the gaming equivalent of an act of God in my eyes. You had no influence in it happening, so just replay the game as if nothing happened and play to win.

If I go "are you fn kidding me???" after dumb stuff happens, I sometimes decide to replay the game (a freeze is certainly among the dumber stuff that can happen). Often, this results in me losing the previous game as well, which was often won. Depending on the mood and how late it is, I sometimes holiday over the first one but play the second. Holidaying a reloaded match (reload for any reason) can be a viable option.

Archived