From Porsgrunn to Tottenham - an adventure around Europe

Crispypaul

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant going in the league :thup: Just need to make that step up in Europe now. Can I ask what your average attendance is now? I imagine a lot of success at Hertha would draw quite a lot of people in.

Thanks. :thup:

It's up to about 47,000 - was around 35,000 when I joined. Still nowhere near full capacity mind.

Idrissi looks like a good snatch.

Cheers - quite pleased with this one as Koln were after £22m (!) for him originally, however I declared interest and as I'm on his favoured personnel list (from giving him his first cap) I said no to this, he put in a transfer request, and then I sealed the transfer for less than half the original demand. :lol:

Season 2023/24

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

February 2024

League

Leaguefixfeb_zps1ef4fc64.png

A late equaliser meant 2 points dropped at Stuttgart, however 3 more wins put us back on track.

Leaguefeb_zps6d634f6e.png

Cup

Cupfeb_zps63da5300.png

Emphatic win at Koln to put us into the semi-finals.

Champions League

Europefeb_zpscecc06c9.png

2 away goals put us in a strong position for qualifying for the quarter finals.

Season 2023/24

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

March 2024

League

Leaguefixmar_zps97a40c8f.png

Not a great month, with too many draws and a bad loss to Aachen. We should though wrap up the title with two more wins.

Leaguemar_zpsf2b36c09.png

Cup

Cupmar_zps9f4dbfe0.png

A thumping win in the semis puts us into the final for the 4th time. We will face Werder Bremen.

It did however lead to this disaster of a headline.

Bayernheadline_zps7ca01882.png

Champions League

Europemar_zps071f0b22.png

Some poor defending cancelled out our first leg advantage, however a first half penalty in added time gave us the advantage. We once again face Arsenal in the quarters.

We are the only German team left. Bayern lost heavily again.

Youth Candidates

HerthaBSCYouthCandidates_zps07f35ac1.png

A reasonable selection - these were easily the best two prospects

Namik Sucic

Christoph Ullrich

Season 2023/24

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

April 2024

League

Leaguefixapr_zps9fe6e107.png

Two bad draws began the month, however we just about scraped a win against Augsburg to lift the title before the month was out.

Leagueapr_zps28fa3b47.png

Champions League

Europeapr_zpsa656d273.png

We pulled off a shock win away at the Emirates, however once more some bad defending meant we were knocked out on away goals.

Season 2023/24

End of Season Review

Hertha BSC Berlin

1st Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

1st Bundesliga: 1st

Another great start leads us to wrap up the league by April.

German Cup: Winners

My 4th cup win with a tonking of Werder Bremen in the final.

Champions League: Quarter Finals

Once again we topped our group, and once again were knocked out by Arsenal.

Key players:

Alexey Koblev - solid work from the Russian keeper

Dominik Wolters - strong once more from the right back

Will Hughes - solid from the England international

Juan Manuel Parentini - a fantastic season again, also earning his place in the Champions League team of the year

Giorgos Ioannou - the Cypriot striker stepped up a level to become our top scorer

Wolfgang Heinrichs - great work on the wing again

Jhonilver Escobar - our record signing had a solid first year

Finances - in great shape

Season    Club                 Division                           Position                Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 2nd Division        4th         Joined 16th August 2012   
2013       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 2nd Division        1st          Champions, Promoted
2014       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 1st Division        2nd         Promoted
2015       Pors Grenland        Norwegian Premier Division    12th        Resigned 31st May 2015
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Helmond Sport      Dutch 1st Division              1st          Champions, Promoted
2016/17   Helmond Sport      Dutch Premier Division         Left 10th October 2016         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 2nd Division          2nd          Promoted    
2017/18   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           8th           Qualified for Europa League
2018/19   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           4th          Qualified for Europa League
2019/20   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           5th          German Cup Winners, Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           1st              Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification
2021/22   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          2nd           Champions League Qualification
2022/23   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          1st             Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification
2023/24   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          1st             Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification

Future

One year left on my contract, then i'll leave for pastures new. My reputation is now world class.

The Netherlands

Flag_of_the_Netherlandssvg_zps41f937f6.png

Euro 2024

We started off well, winning all 3 of our group games.

Euro2024group_zpsa8d15238.png

However, an absolutely dreadful performance against Sweden booted us out of the competition much earlier than should have been expected.

Unsurprisingly, I resigned afterwards.

Euro2024tree_zps4496e559.png

Season 2024/25

Pre Season Preview

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

Transfers: a few moves, nothing too major. Unfortunately we're in the position that the really good players that would improve our squad are outside of our budget.

Best couple of signings:

Federico Tisbi - a decent £7.75m signing from AS Roma to strengthen central midfield

Gustavo Arbelaez - free transfer from Lille

Marouene Benzarti - free transfer from Montpelier as a good prospect up front

Finances: in good shape

Friendlies: decent enough

Supercup

Supercup_zps0bb51fa2.png

Finally won at the fourth time of asking.

Season 2024/25

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

August 2024

League

Leaguefixaug_zpsd1db0952.png

Two decent enough wins to start the season, although we were a little wasteful against Furth.

Leagueaug_zpsf61647f3.png

Cup

Cupfixaug_zpsce59796e.png

Broke our highest score game record with this arse kicking of a non-league side.

Champions League Draw

Europedraw_zps044601d3.png

I'll be very surprised if we don't win this group.

Hopefully you can get the CL to cap off your time at Hertha.

I'll post it in the September update, but our odds were only 11-1 - just outside the really big teams.

We may just make it. I'm still going to leave though even if we don't.

Season 2024/25

Hertha BSC Berlin

Bundesliga

Hertha_Berlin_SC.png

October 2024

League

Fixtures

A disappointing draw at home to HSV was followed by two decent wins.

We actually have a challenger so far this season, albeit on goal difference.

Table

Cup

Fixtures

An excellent win away to Leverkeusen to qualify for the 3rd round.

Champions League

Fixtures

Dropped a couple of points with a late equaliser in Istanbul, however then won a good 3 points at home to Basle.

Table

Tottenham_Hotspursvg_zps606d4e13.png

Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur are a professional English club currently playing in the Barclays Premier League. The club play their home games at White Hart Lane and possess state of the art training and youth facilities. The club's training ground is Hotspur Way. The Tottenham reserve team play at Hotspur Way. The club also has excellent junior coaching and a well-established youth recruitment network. The club is affectionately known as Spurs and retains a fierce rivalry with Arsenal and Chelsea.

Having enjoyed their greatest spell of success during the 1960s, Spurs are undoubtedly one of the most successful clubs in England. Boasting a proud total of thirty competition wins, here are just some of their highlights: Tottenham won the Champions League in 2021 and finished runners-up once, won the English top division in 1951 and 1961 and are four-time runners-up, won the Cup Winners' Cup in 1963, and won the Europa League in 1972, 1984 and 2023 and finished runners-up once.

Surprisingly still playing at White Hart Lane, Spurs are however due to move at the end of the season to the imaginatively titled 50,013 capacity Tottenham Stadium.

Facilities

That probably accounts for the poor finances. However the club were willing to back us in the transfer market.

Squad

Some decent players, although I note a mini injury crisis at the moment which I'll have to get through.

Best players:

Hervin Ongenda

Paul Hunt

Daniele Bari

Thomas Murray

Radim Frydrych

League: sitting in eleventh but just 6 points from 4th, our aim will be to overcome this. Interesting league leaders!

Europa League: fortunately we're still in the hunt for this.

I won't post the League Cup....we lost at home to Championship Charlton in the 4th round :mad:

Great stuff getting the Spurs job!

Thanks!

Always hard to turn down the club you support.

Indeed. I've got one hell of a job on though - the squad is incredibly thin, with only one leftback and one rightback (both currently injured) and weaknesses elsewhere in the squad. I have a few targets lined up to help here but I'll have to try and see the next few games out. I managed to sign a veteran keeper on a cheap player/under 18 AM contract as cover but that's it for now.

Indeed. I've got one hell of a job on though - the squad is incredibly thin, with only one leftback and one rightback (both currently injured) and weaknesses elsewhere in the squad.

That's better than Mark Hughes had when he joined Stoke!

That's better than Mark Hughes had when he joined Stoke!

Ah but he has had close season to help!

Spurs' previous transfer policy in this game has been all over the shop mind. Lord knows what they were doing.

Season 2024/25

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

December 2024

League

Fixtures

A very busy month, with just the one loss and several strong wins propelling us into the Champions League spots.

Table

Europa League

Fixtures

A decent win away at Brescia secures top spot. We now face Lille in the 1st Knockout round.

Table

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2024/25

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

January 2025

League

Fixtures

No complaints at how this month has panned out.

Table

FA Cup

Fixtures

Two comfortable wins against Championship opposition to secure a fifth round tie at Southampton

January Transfer Window

I filled some holes in the squad and offloaded a few players.

The signings were:

Tomas Novak - £4.5m is a lot for a teenager but he's already good enough as a backup right back and will eventually be the first choice.

Antonio Petrillo - £1.1m signing from AC Milan as a backup to Raheem Sterling

Bertrand Duval - £8.5m from PSG to ensure we have two quality left backs

Season 2024/25

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

February 2025

League

Fixtures

3 wins out of 3, now in the automatic CL places

Table

FA Cup

Fixtures

Close win away at Southampton sets up a quarter final tie away to Championship Everton.

Europa League

Fixtures

A decent draw away at Lille followed by a comfortable win at home to set up a 2nd knockout round tie with AZ.

Season 2024/25

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

March 2025

League

Fixtures

3 more important wins keep us up there.

Table

FA Cup

Fixtures

A strong win at Goodison Park sets up a surprise semi-final with League One Swindon.

Europa League

Fixtures

A thumping win at home makes the second leg a formality.

Youth Candidates

Intake

Pretty poor really. Our only decent prospect:

Brandon Roast

However: I have a son! Unfortunately he is crap.

Season 2024/25

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

April 2025

League

Fixtures

Started with a disappointing loss to Blackburn, however 3 successive wins keep us in the runners up spot. Our participation in next season's Champions League is confirmed.

Table

FA Cup

Fixtures

A comfortable win against League One Swindon to set up a final against Newcastle.

Europa League

Fixtures

We just about got through against Czech leaders Mlada Bolesav, then a thumping win at home to Porto in the first leg of the semis.

Season 2024/25

End of Season Review

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

Premier League: 2nd

A massive improvement from when I joined gives us automatic qualification for the Champions League, only just a couple of points from the title.

FA Cup: Winners

We had a pretty easy run to the final, which was won comfortably to lift our first FA Cup since 1991.

Europa League: Runners Up

Managed to make it to the final only to narrowly lose to Dortmund.

League Cup: 4th round

Out before I joined

Key players:

Antonis Samios - highly prolific Greek international was our top scorer

Daniele Bari - tough tackling Australian international bossed the midfield

Erick Torres - I brought the Mexican striker back from the reserves and he promptly proved his worth

Hervin Ongenda - the French striker was our second top scorer

Paul Hunt - provided creativity in the middle of the park

Radim Frydych - strong performances and a few goals from the Czech centre back.

Finances - not brilliant thanks to the stadium financing, however should be healthier come the summer once our sponsorship etc comes in.

Season    Club                 Division                           Position                Notes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 2nd Division        4th         Joined 16th August 2012   
2013       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 2nd Division        1st          Champions, Promoted
2014       Pors Grenland         Norwegian 1st Division        2nd         Promoted
2015       Pors Grenland        Norwegian Premier Division    12th        Resigned 31st May 2015
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Helmond Sport      Dutch 1st Division              1st          Champions, Promoted
2016/17   Helmond Sport      Dutch Premier Division         Left 10th October 2016         
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 2nd Division          2nd          Promoted    
2017/18   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           8th           Qualified for Europa League
2018/19   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           4th          Qualified for Europa League
2019/20   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           5th          German Cup Winners, Qualified for Europa League
2020/21   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division           1st                Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification
2021/22   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          2nd           Champions League Qualification
2022/23   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          1st               Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification
2023/24   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division          1st               Champions, German Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification
2024/25   Hertha BSC Berlin   German 1st Division         Left 19th November
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25   Tottenham Hotspur  English Premier League    2nd           FA  Cup Winners, Champions League Qualification, Europa League runners-up

Look who won the Champions League final!

Season 2025/26

Tottenham Hotspur

Barclays Premier League

Pre-Season Preview

Transfers: I made some major changes - shifting some players out for good offers and bringing in some long term targets.

Best couple of signings:

Frank Haas - I'd been tracking him for a while, but finally managed to sign him now.

Angel Zandona - a free transfer for this player is likely my best ever signing. Absolutely excellent.

Daniel Aliadere - free transfer from PSG for the left wing.

Dennis Schiller - former centreback at my old club Hertha BSC, now likely to be a first teamer.

Finances: reasonable, although there's been a delay to the stadium move til October.

Friendlies: did the job

Archived