How to keep morale up in FMC

That seems to be part of the difficulty of FMC. I put some mind of general team talk or team meeting or something in the wish list because once you go through a losing streak you're in trouble.

If your schedule permits you can always go back to old style "tricks" by scheduling a friendly with a weak team and beat it. This raises morale usually.

If you're struggling to win games then try to grind out a draw and build up on that.

Also look at your tactics to make sure that you're doing the basics right, e.g. having a more defensive CM alongside a more offensive CM (BWP isn't that defensive as he won't stay to your formation) or playing a very quick tempo game with very short passing.

Then make sure that you're players are playing to their strengths, e.g. a slow MR/L should be a Wide Midfielder to comensate for his lack of pace or a slow Poacher/AF.

That seems to be part of the difficulty of FMC. I put some mind of general team talk or team meeting or something in the wish list because once you go through a losing streak you're in trouble.

If your schedule permits you can always go back to old style "tricks" by scheduling a friendly with a weak team and beat it. This raises morale usually.

I went through a horrible run of 8 league games without a win and moral was rock bottom. had to schedule a friendly against the reserves [love the instant result button] then luckily had an easy cup game and this seemed to work in the short term. however it was an already congested fixture list and i ended up with a lot of injuries/ jaded players so almost back to square one again.

i do play more defensively when low morale as spankie suggests but the strikers tend to miss the few chances that come so tend to still lose.

would be interested to hear others thoughts on how to end a losing streak/ raise morale!

I went through a horrible run of 8 league games without a win and moral was rock bottom. had to schedule a friendly against the reserves [love the instant result button] then luckily had an easy cup game and this seemed to work in the short term. however it was an already congested fixture list and i ended up with a lot of injuries/ jaded players so almost back to square one again.

i do play more defensively when low morale as spankie suggests but the strikers tend to miss the few chances that come so tend to still lose.

would be interested to hear others thoughts on how to end a losing streak/ raise morale!

That is the beauty of FMC- there is no artificial bounce to morale because you know how to give the correct team talk or player chat each time. Tactics, squad, and transfer decisions make all the difference!

Morale affects performance a lot, especially if you play a lower team this is the case, because you don't win as much.

But in FMC there's no way really to increase morale compared to normal FM.

I thought maybe team cohesion would up morale but it doesn't.

I think it is just a vicious circle; morale influences performance and vice versa.

It's all about expectation for me. A big side is more likely to win, so morale generally will be fairly flat. Single wins (unless against rivals) are unlikely to generate a significant jump in morale. However, a winning team possible reacts less well to defeat, so may see a large drop in morale which takes time to recuperate.

Lesser sides are more accustomed to defeat and so perhaps see slower reductions in morale when on a poor run, but greater increases after single wins.

This is one thing i have mixed opinions on i do love the team talks but they can be a huge advantage because once you learn all your players and what they react to you can heep them all at supurb but on the other hand i do like there not in classic as it makes it harder to be a superman headcoach and win everything all the time. i have 4 FMC saves going and couldnt enjoy them more then i am atm. Just wish thery fixed the MLS problem with no rules right now as its a signing of forgien player fest makes it unreal.

Archived