We didn't copy the name, ours has an 'of' in it and the words are jumbled up

ri916

FC United of Manchester

160px-FC_United.png

The Challenge

My own :D. Seriously, this is an attempt at my youth academy challenge from CSE. The aim is to take a previously unplayable team from the bottom division of a European country to the top of the domestic and European game by winning your nations' top division and the European Champions League using only the youth products from your club. I've chosen England to attempt the challenge in and as you can see, after many hours of reloads, I picked one of the most popular teams to come up to the BSR leagues when reloading :D. The reason for this is because I originally wanted to get Kendal, but after they didn't come up I felt a bit of nostalgia for FC United from a save I had with them on FM12. I only managed to get them promoted once before getting sacked the following season but I really enjoyed it and feel I have some unfinished business there. Like I said, this is an attempt at my challenge and as such I will be following the rules exactly.

The Database

Leagues: England Down to Blue Square North/South

Size: Medium (15000 players)

Customisation: Players from top clubs in Europe and players from Regional Premier divisions (So I get as many 'real' players in my team as possible)

I was partly inspired by SnakeXe to make this career thread as I've really enjoyed reading his and I guess I should also include AK22's, for the bit about knocking Fergie off his perch as manager of the biggest club in Manchester (City are a rich club, not a big club).

160px-FC_United.png

Ri916’s FC United- Season 1 Preseason

Board Expectations:

Blue Square North - Mid-table position.

FA Cup - 4th Qualifying Round

FA Trophy - First Round

My Expectations:

Blue Square North - I’d be happy with Mid-table, but maybe we could make a run at the playoffs.

FA Cup - This challenge is all about money, I’m hoping we could grind our way to the first round and draw a team that gets 15k crowds away from home.

FA Trophy - I couldn’t care less, but I expect we’ll make it to the first round.

Budgets:

Wages: £4694p/w ( £1310 available)

Balance: £232551

Squad:

The squad isn’t too bad, and we only really lack depth in Strikers, Centre Mids, and Centre Backs, where we only have three of each. I’m playing a simple counter attacking 4-4-2, so I’m hoping we’ll get a decent CB, MC and ST so I have 4 in each position allowing a backup for each First Xl member.

Key Players:

Goalkeepers

James Spencer – GK – He’s clearly one of our best players just looking at his attributes.

Defence

Adam Jones – DC – Our best Defender going by attributes, I hope he stays fit.

Attack

Nicky Platt – MC – Probably our best player, his technical skills are those of a league one player.

Mike Norton – ST – He’s a finisher, I hope he can do that for us.

I also managed to upgrade our junior coaching budget and got the board to try and take our http://i.imgur.com/OfdNl.png[/img]"]academy to the next youth level. It costs £600k so I would expect it to fall through unless we get a Derby against United at OT in the third round of the FA Cup. Is it just improving youth facilities but faster and skipping through levels?

I'm Going to enjoy this. I'm doing your challenge with Liege (a fallen Belgian giant) but couldn't be bothered to post on the thread: updates take too long.
Best of luck with FCUM :thup:

Thanks guys. Good luck with Liege golem :)

Thanks guys. Good luck with Liege golem :)

Thanks. My main problem is my strikers are disappearing for ninety minutes, coupled with the fact that my CBs have made 3/4 costly mistakes, my goalkeeper is hopeless, and my only consisten scorer is my CM from long shots which he isn't even supposed to be good at. Other than that we're okay. The best bit is that my star player (the CM) is a relative of Yann M'Vila.

August 2013

tHsij.png?1

yRQb2.png?1

I included the preseason friendlies but won't go into them really apart from to mention the funny coincidence of the game giving me a match against Kendal. My reign as manager started fantastically with a 2-0 win against Stalybridge. Stalybridge aren't the biggest team in the league, so I wasn't getting carried away, but what was to come stunned me. First of all we thrashed former BSP side Droylsden 3-0 before being brought back down to earth with a draw against Tamworth. The team showed immense character to comeback and beat Chester from two goals down and despite the fixture congestion, we ended the month undefeated with a scrambling draw against Hyde and a confident dispatching of Histon which left us top of the league. Even though we've played a game more than everyone else I'm still over the moon with our first 6 games.

September 2013

eahFL.png?1

0iy9H.png?1

We were brought firmly back down to earth this month. The month started poorly, when we suffered our first defeat of the season against fellow promotees Cambridge City. Things picked out however, as we claimed 4 points from two tough games against Altringham and Solihull with an impressive thrashing of the latter. Despite the 5-1 win we still hadn't shaken off our poor start to the month and succumbed to defeats against both Harrogate and Lowestoft to end the month outside of the playoff places. 1 goal in 4 games and no clean sheets says it all really, although I was worried that it might be too easy to get out of this division with my current side. I'm not bothered by that anymore.

Archived