Premiership Glory Clan 2013

dcu223

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belly

Unemployed

Well we took over a struggling Doncaster side who were rock bottom with 1 win. I lead them to 10+ wins and safety in 20th position but it wasnt good enough and i was sacked again.

I am beginning to believe this profile is bugged.

Until Next Job

Belly,

Ali - Sheff Utd

Delighted; managed to win League One at a canter in the end, 10 points clear of our nearest rivals. I plan on keeping the core of this team together throughout the Championship and maybe even into the Premiership when we get there. Goalkeeper Kean, Central Defender Amouga, Central Midfielder and club captain Cuvelier and Attacking Midfielder McDermott all provide a strong spine to my side, all four consistant and superb in their roles for the team.

This summer will be tricky transfer wise. With a transfer budget of £1.6m and a reduced wage budget after the board takeover, I may well be looking at free's and loans, with the odd transfer listed player here or there. I have a number of targets, mainly loans from human teams, but none of them are currently interested in joining me at the moment. Perhaps when the window is nearly up I'll have more luck if they begin to lower their standards? Either way, this team needs some serious re-enforcements after the release of around fifteen players, majority of whom were taking up vital space on the wage bill.

The target for this season is promotion to the Premier League. There's nothing like rubbing shoulders with the big boys in clan and that is of course my primary goal. A top 6 finish would satisfy me at this point, but obviously I'd rather avoid the agony of the play-offs and go straight up. Anything less than that will probably be seen as an underacheivement by the rest of the lads in clan.

Stuart – Shrewsbury

keeon4.jpg

Well after a hard long season Shrewsbury town are now a championship club. 2 promotions in 3 years have seen the club push on faster than anyone could have seen coming. It was a hard slog in the end and only goal difference took us up but it was not enough to stop the party that lasted well into the night.

It’s been great to be the manager of Shrewbusy and I’ve had lots of fun weeling and dealing my way in the market and shocking even myself with some of the wins we have had over far far bigger sides. ( 4-3 win against Wolverhamton stands out) The best thing of all was fact I had to regroup after a shocking start to fm 13. Things never went well at Carlisle or Wednesday but I think I’ve now found my feet in fm 13 and now is a good time to test myself at the next level.

So I would like to thank Shrewsbury town the fans players and everybody connected to the club as I say goodbye.

Stuart - Fulham Football Club

29o1ys2.jpg

Dream’s do come true. The club I’ve supported since a kid have given me the honour to take charge of this fine old club. However the dream soon turned out to be abit of a nightmare when I had a closer look at the team. There are a lot of average players on not so average wages so as soon as I took over the clear out started. I’ve sold around 14million poundworth of player but more to the point I have got shot of a lot of crap from my wage bill. The next step was to sign a top keeper who came in Maxym Koval who I will sign for 9.5m from Juventus once he gets his work permit. I went and looked who had been let go on a free and to my surprise Manchester City had let Samir Nasri go on a free and to my shock nobody was in for him. His wages are 92k a week but still as he was on a free it is a small prise to pay for a player who is still only 30 and who is still a class act. I’ve also signed a Center half and I’m in for another but a full list of summer signing will be made in my next post when the window is shut.

THE SEASON AHEAD

The board have been fair with me by only asking md table and with the players I have signed and who I’m in for I should be do that this season. Also this season I pit my skills against the best in the clan ( and jack lol ) and I will see how far I have come in as a manager. It’s going to be hard as the likes of kim and Oli have some serious talent and Grant is signing up a lot of good players for his arsenal side to. This now brings me nicely onto my report onto

My FELLOW CLAN MEMBERS IN LEAGUE ORDER

Kim – Tottenham

I would say it’s been a great season for kim but I know it wont agree. 3rd In the league is a very good effort but he will say he drew to many. Semi final of the Facup only to be KO on pens is unlucky, Kim would say he should of the Cup. He also made the champions league final, first Human do to so but came up against a Monster of a Bayne Munich side who have a team that will dominate Europe for years to come. I look forward to playing kim next season but after I do I will no doubt dread our next meeting lol. Good season kim

Oli – Leicester City

A Great season for Oli who almost got my last vote on manager of the year. A 5th place finish a winner of the league cup and a super run in Europe has seen Oli improve on last season’s form and by the team he has he will be up there fighting it out next season to. Oli has some great young kids with Ebeye who I had on loan at Shrewbusy looking be to the real deal.

Grant – Arsenal

Nickname the artist as he draws so many games he got his act togetter at the end of the season by moving back up the league, his job was also insecure but he soon sorted that out with a Great win over Manchester city in the Facup final. Grant will be a force next season and has broken the 200m pound mark on players, he did outstanding with Orient with no money, think what he might do now.

Jack – Palace no Leyton Orient no Liverpool , Easy to lose count with Jumping jack flash.

I think jack has been smart this season as he finished 13 and most people would agree that is SHOCKING for a Liverpool side and you would be right . That said jack plan, and I think he did have one was to finishing lower down so not to get a high expectation seems to work as his board want mid table for the season ahead and that is . Jack will be busy this summer but don’t be surprised if finishes in the top 6.

Fred – Swindon

Very good season for Fred before he left on his ski trip to play doctors and nurses with the cabin girls. Fred was just outside the playoffs and in with every chance of going up. Fred then left his job in the hands of his ass man we all know what happends then, but you would be wrong, Freds ass man took Fred to the playoffs where he lost. Fred will come back next week now with expectations higher than he would like but Fred is close to breaking into the top league.

Johannes – Mk Dons

Steady season for Johan and was in and around the playoffs for much of the season. The debt is going down at the club and there and he has some very good players. If Johan can get off to a good start for once then next season could see him get into the prem.

Ali – Sheff United

Won the league and in the end won it easy Ali side was always going to be up there with and with a 5 at the back formation really working for him I see no reason why he won’t go up again. Ali and I had a good battle this season and I look forward to the battle in the future. Well done Ali.

Paul – Colchester

My tip to go up next season Paul has money and some good players already at the club. He took over Colchester at the wrong end of the table and at one stage had a chance of a playoff spot but for one reason of another it never happened. I’ve played Fm with Paul long enough to know he won’t be in lg1 much longer, not with a set up like he has now. Watch this space.

Jamie- bury

Mixed season for Jamie, he was another who had one eye on a playoff place but ended up falling away. The one stand out for Jamie this season was all the games he had called off because he has such a bad pitch. I’m not sure if he has the money to relay it but something needs to be done. By the end of the season he was playing 3 games a week and with a small side that’s always going to catch up with you

Geir – Luton

Good season for Geir but he really needs to sort out his back 4. 5-1 and 4-1 when we played each other this season Luton went onto have 74 against them. If he can sort that out over the summer then who knows what can happen. Luton are a good club to have and have a very good fanbase so he can still push on IF he signs the right players.

Andy – Torquay

As Geir needs to stop leaking goals Andy needs to start scoring them. 60 goals in a league season is not good enough and Andy would be the first one to tell you. 17th is a poor season for a team who almost made the playoffs 12 months ago. Still I’m sure Andy has a trick or to to sort out the problems that he has.

Joe – Gateshead

Phew talk about leaving it late. Joe was looking at a return to non league with 10 minutes to go but somehow turned it around to win 2-1 that win was just enough to keep him up. Joe do his best move up the league but with a club his size it might be better to jump ship as soon as a better job comes along.

Well that’s you upto date more soon.

124ahx0.png

Kim - Spurs

Season 2016-17 review

Before the season started, my aim was to try and challenge for the league, and go as far as I possibly could in Europe. I wasn't too bothered about the domestic cups, as the squad lacked the debth to cope with the ammount of games that would provide. However, we managed to get to the semi-final of the FA Cup, only to lose out on penalties to Man City in a hard fought 2-2 battle.

Champions League was quite baffling to be honest. If you look closely on the results beneath, you can see I drew 7 CL games in a row, but still managed to go through to the final. Here we did however meet our match in a very strong Bayern side, as we crashed out to a 0-2 defeat. No shame in that, and the board was overall very pleased with the run we put up.

spursfixtures201617.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the league there was nothing to do with the superiority of Man Utd as they blasted home the league title, but we managed to sneak into 3rd place in the end. The most annoying thing this season was the ammount of draws we racked up. 13 in the league, and with at least 7 draws in the CL as well, there's definately something we have to better this season if we want any silverware.

Media prediction for this year is 3rd place, and the board now expects a top 4 spot, quarter finals of CL and semi-final in the FA cup. This means there's becoming less and less room for errors, and we need to get off to a good start right off the bat. To my displeasure I saw that we faced off against Man City away in the very first league game of the season! However, we managed to pull off the upset, by bringing home a 0-1 win from the Etihad :)

Up next is Wigan at home, and I'm confident my players will keep us on the right track at least until we play Stoke away in the 3rd game.

Next big test is in game 4 as Leicester come to visit White Hart Lane. I'm getting sick of drawing/losing to Oli now, and it's about time we put the little ******* in his place! It's time for Goliath to bring the hammer down on little David. You hear that Oli?! STAY DOWN! :)

-Kim

Ali - Sheff Utd

Not the best transfer window for me this season. Only three new first team players have arrived, one of them being David Wheater after he was on loan with us for the duration of last season. The other two are LWB Croizet, who arrived from Bournemouth for £400k and ST Neco, a free transfer from Oli's Leicester but with a future fee included in the deal if any bigger clubs come calling. The lack of finances at the club are hindering me now. The loan repayments have finally kicked in and to top it all, the new board saw fit to take out another loan to cover this loan. Well, I suppose it's better than selling off all my best players. I'm not going to sit here and moan however. Our wage budget allows us to compete to some extent in the league (currently the 13th biggest), and the transfer budget of £1.6m was more than enough as I relied mainly on free transfers to bulk up my squad.

Top 6 was my target this season, with the hope of maybe putting together a run and making a sneaky challenge for the top 2 automatic promotion spots. As it is however, we sit 8th place, only a couple of points of 6th. Certainly not a disastrous start, but perhaps to be expected when going by our media prediction of 19th and the boards expectation of, "we hope you learn from the experience gained in the Championship". Add that to the fact that the team comparison screen puts us in the bottom three for nearly every attribute and I could have a struggle on my hands this season. This unfortunately goes back to the transfer window where only 1 of my 10 top targets ended up joining me. Some even chose to join League Two sides over me and these are mid prem/top champ players we're talking about here. Despite this, my target remains top 6. I may have to settle for a second season in the Championship, but with our finances starting to become a little bit worrying, getting to the lucrative Premier League as soon as possible is a must.

Player wise, Neco has been the outstanding performer. When he's available in-between gashed legs and unnecessary U20's international friendlies he's the match winner. 10 goals in 9 and 4 MOM's says it all really. AMC McDermott has also stepped up a level. Currently performing at 7.48, slightly better than his League One average he's really pulling the strings from midfield so far in this campaign and once again my back 3 is solid, consistently putting in strong performances and 11 goals conceded in 12 is good going for a team tipped for a lower half finish.

Jack - Liverpool

Made a really promising start to my 1st full season in charge at Anfield, currently i'm the highest human which is some feat when you think I have the youngest squad in the league.

Cisneros continues to develop into a key player and is currently 2nd highest goalscorer in the league, elsewhere my 16 year old Gillespie has scored 2 match winning goals and is becoming my modern day David Fairclough, super sub!

I'm currently undefeated at home in the league, and I got a memorable 3-0 home victory over Grant's up and coming Arsenal side, however i've struggled away from home greatly and can't seem to keep a clean sheet there.

If we can improve this we can really make a run for the top 4, but due to my squads age I think it is something that will come with time.

Until next time, Alan Partridge.

Belly

Aldershit

finally got a job with Aldershot in relegation zone of league 2 with media expectation of 11th. Despite having 0 coaches at the club we won our 1st game again Fleetwood 3-1. It is clear that we have a solid defence and midfield but need to strengthen up front and in goal.

My scouts are currently out searching the football world for the next League 2 Lionel Messi. I fear this may take a while though but once i fill these positions we should climb the league and kick on.

Until Next Week

Belly

Oliver-Leicester

This has been a very troubling window for me I am losing 6m per month due to my wage bill and was starting to get worried about my bank balance so decided to sell a few players sold a couple of fringe players and cosic for 10m and thought that would be enough for the season. Then my worst fears came to fruition jack came in and offered me 80m for my star and probably the best player in the world Daniel Garcia. This was an offer too good to turn down for a little club like mine but I managed to negotiate him up to 120m for him. This deal didn't go through till around 10pm on budget day and so I scrambled to spend some of the funds. I managed to bring in baratinho from man city only to notice it's not until the end of the season. My attempts to bring in another cb failed so I'm left with three centre halves to end the season. Replacing Garcia isn't possible at the moment so my only choice is to push through more kids with Omar and prokop who already looks like he could get as good as Garcia. I'm sitting 4th at the moment desperate to hang on to the position but really think it won't happen with Kim and Chelsea breathing down my neck.

Ali - Sheff Utd

Decent sessions on monday and tuesday were capped with a strong session on wednesday where I rose from play-off hopefuls to automatic promotion challengers. First game of mondays session see's us face up against the Baggies at Brammall Lane and I feel this is the game that will define my season. Win that game and we go top, potentially putting distance between my self and 3rd, as well as leap-frogging the leaders, Albion.

After 3 successive games where injuries took centre stage (a situation currently shared among my fellow clan members) I have been forced into a slight change in formation. This has coincided with our recent good form as well as the arrival of two youngsters via the loan market. Oli's Bah and Kim's Laroux have both pulled on the Blades shirt in recent matches, the former replacing the injured Cuvelier to great effect and the latter with some decent appearances from the bench.

Despite the 'don't move matches for TV' box being ticked, we've recently had an influx of tuesday, thursday and sunday games where the Europa and the Champions League knock-out stages have begun. Not good for the pace of the game when you have 4 or 5 game days a week rather than the rudimentary 2. That, combined with the volatile nature of the crash-dumps still ever-present within the online mode (albeit at a less alarming rate with the latest patch), leaves the user friendly side of FM13 wanting some-what.

Stuart - No Job

After a shocking time with Fulham ( 1 win in 18 ) i left the club to go away and read up on FM as i was doing something very wrong at the club. I hope to have a job next week maybe Swindon if im lucky but i will have to wait and see.

More soon

Belly

Aldershot

Better week for me. January window signings starting to settle and were coming clear of relegation. Despite our good form a late promotion charge is too late but i have lined up several targets for next seasons campaign and i am every hopeful for the future.

Until Next Week

Belly

Kim - Spurs

A truly awful week finally ended on wednesday. Shocking performances in both the FA Cup and league have seen title aspirations dwindle to the faintest of hopes. I find myself in 5th place after 26 games, with a 10 point gap up to Man Utd in 1st position. We also managed to crash out to Championship team Cardiff in the FA cup, so that's gone as well. In the Champions League we have a 2 goal disadvantage to catch up, as we trail Dortmund 3-1 after the first away leg. I do however have a hope of beating Dortmund by the correct score to progress, as out home form have been alot better than our away form yet again.

Monday will probably define whether my season's been a total fiasko, mediocre or a good one, as I could easily be out of CL and even out of top 4 contention come session's end. I however hope that we're gonna push on and make a final surge up the table and finish top 3 again. At this point the eggs are placed somewhat 50/50 between the CL/PL, but with the correct result in the home leg to Dortmund, I may have to just put them all in one basket.

-Kim

Jack - Liverpool

It was a very good season for me, no doubt about that. I was delighted to win the MOTY award, my first on FM13 - Thanks lads.

I made some very big and bold moves in the transfer market, and overall the paid off, i'm still in a very healthy position financially, and my young squad continues to grow and improve.

I will be looking to strengthen my defense in the window, that was the main thing that stopped me challenging for the league title. I was however delighted to win my first trophy with Liverpool, beating Grant's Arsenal 3-1. It felt like the golden era days of FM12, where I was facing either Ali or Grant in every damn final, or they were playing eachother! A Minelly hat trick sealed Grant's fate and handed me the FA Cup.

Next season I want to qualify for europe again, but it will be tough with alot of good teams now in the top 6 area.

Ali - Man City - Formerly Sheff Utd

3 consecutive promotions, and two lower league titles have seen Sheffield United rise from League 2 to Premier League in 2 and a half seasons. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to reach the promised land so quick, but here I am with a side that should probably stay clear of relegation with a few re-enforcements.

So after spending time preparing my side for the season-long battle that awaits us, the ex-Man City boss takes the England job leaving a very tempting vacancy among the elite clubs. After offering the job to Jack, Oli and everyone else, the City hierarchy finally darkened my door step and proposed an offer I couldn't really refuse. With a week before the seasons start, I've been thrown in the deep end with Manchester City with very little time left to prepare my tactics and work on increasing my match preparation to (at the very least) a competent level. I've established one or two signings I'd like to bring in, but as of yet I have not added to my squad.

Fast-forward a couple of weeks and I have lost my 2 opening games, Away to West Ham and at Home to Oli's Leicester. I would have probably targeted 4 points from those games, but as it is, we sit 19th with 0. That said, the performances have been encouraging, and on another day I could have won or at least drawn both those games. However, the board are understandably unhappy with our start and I need to hit the ground running on monday if I wan't to keep my job. The lads on call are obviously loving my terrible start, but I've been in similar situations on FM12 so enjoy it whilst it lasts boys!

Belly

Aldershot

Ouch that league table ss hurts but it wont last. We lost lots of good players during the window as we couldnt afford to re-sign them and this left us with 7 players. Gradually with frees and the odd gem in the reserves we now have somthing that resembles a football squad.

Quality is good at the moment but no more than that. We have now pretty much reached our wage budget so i am now looking for 4 superstar loans to turn my good squad into an outstanding squad.

If i can get the right players in filling the right positions i am confident we can mount a promotion challenge.

Until Next Week,

Belly,

Manager Ranking

I like to rank our managers according to trophy count so imo here is the current Manager Ranking for PGC for FM13.

managerranking_zpsa2257108.jpg

1. Kim 1. Oliver

2. Jack

3. Grant

4. Paul 4. Ali

5. Geir 5. Stuart

6. Jamie

6. Joe

6. Andy

6. Belly

I know some of the lads will rate the managers differently and their not too shy to express their opinions. :p

Erm how is Kim top on that ranking the chamionship and charity shield are better than a league cup and Europa lg I don't think so and you should have posted after my super cup game mate

You will see that you and Kim are Jointly ranked 1 plus you are only going to lose it anyway oli :p

Erm how is Kim top on that ranking the chamionship and charity shield are better than a league cup and Europa lg I don't think so and you should have posted after my super cup game mate

Kim won all his trophies ur assman won some of yours

Stuart - Swindon

Glad to get another job after embarrassing myself at Fulham ( Still dont know what the heck happend ) but i walk into Swindon with a clear head and ready for the season ahead. It's not a bad set up really but there old boss fred gave out some big contracts to some poor players and it took me most of the summer to get rid of all that dead wood. Fred also did sign some very good players and the 2 main strikers i have are up there with the best in the league so over the summer i worked on the back 4 and midfield. I did most of my business in the free market and then going back to my mate oli to raid his young talents for season long loans ( Thanks again oli) that will play most of the season and there is a bid in for gavin kelly so fingers crossed on that one.

We are only 3 games so there is not much to tell you about the games but we have played well in all 3 games, our loss to peterbrough was really unlucky as they had 1 break away and scored from it, there keeper was named man of the match so i guess it was one of them days.

The board want a midtable finish so i should do that easy i would like a playoff place but i think its a season to soon we will have to wait and see.

Well thats about it More soon

badgeyeoviltown.png

AndyF

Yes that's right ladies and gentleman AndyF (Hubert Cecil Booth) is now the new manager of Yeovil Town this after disastrously resigning from Torquay to try and obtain the Luton managerial job after Geir couldn't handle it after missing a few sessions and ending up with 12 players on his return, a trip to the Bundesliga might do him good as he hates the lower leagues.

I have done well to be offered this post at Yeovil as they sit 11th in League 1 as I was preparing for another 18-30 months in League2. Its been a decent start with a win in the league and the 1st round of the FA Cup so lets hope we can keep it going.

Ali - Sunderland

A 12 game career at Man City ended in the sack after we found ourselves languishing in mid-table. I feel if given more time at the club I would have driven the side up the table pushing for european qualification, but this is a results business and results were something I hadn't delivered. It could be argued I'd had a tough opening 12 games, having to play each of the humans in the Premier League away from home, games in which I did not pick up a single point from. Plus the continued learning of our tactic, which had yet to reach around 70% familiarity in regards to match preparation, had a big impact on our results especially the first few games.

Literally a couple of days after my sacking I was offered the vacant jobs at Sunderland and Tranmere. I won't pretend that my goal isn't to get back into the hot-seat at a so called 'big club', but only Chelsea and Man Utd remain AI controlled and the latter might be slightly unrealistic given my managerial history at Man City. So with that in mind, I took Sunderland, a higher rep club with more cash and better players. A no-brainer really and I rounded off one of my most disappointing clan sessions in a most satisfactory style, tactically outsmarting Jack's Liverpool and fully deserving the point we earned against the title challengers. He left the call in fury, which is something I always like to see. You mad Jack? :D

Stuart - Swindon Town

A super week of games for me and the mighty town, we find outselfs 1 point of the playoffs and in a semi final of a league cup against Kim and his spurs side. We are hard to beat and play some really nice stuff from time to time. I also have a top striker in Wau who has scored 17 league goals and its only Decembers 26th in game, this is sure to be his break out season so it was a good job i signed him to a new 5 year deal before the season started.

On the downside is the debt its upto 4million now and the club pumped in 850k to keep the club running. But i might get away with it this season because of my cup run in the league cup, 2 legs against Tottenham half the gate money and on tv should see me make a cool Million from the round and that would keep me from selling off any of my best players. It also leaves me with 1 goals for the season and this is to go up, if i dont then i wont be able to afford to keep my best players and sure as hell wont be able to replace them.

With jan round the corner i will be looking at loan signings once again and have scouted up 3,4 players that would help me push on till the end of the season.

Well thats you upto date more soon

Jack - Liverpool

It's december, and i'm yet to lose a game in any competition. Second in the league behind Grant, got Sporting in the champions league, and chesterfield in the carling cup semis.

It is however very dissapointing, when my fellow managers have to play 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8 defenders against you merely to scramble a point.

It isn't football, it isn't the way the game should be played, however Ali feels like he won his cup final bless him, shows you his small time mentality both as a person, and as a manager.

Will look to add some youth depth via contract expiring in the summer, and may attempt to move one or two players on to create some funds to target a full back.

Comfortable in the top 4 which is excellent, considering my goal for the season was Europa League qualification.

Grant-Arsenal

Flying high at the top of the league so far 4 points ahead of what must be a dissapointed jack as he is yet to lose a game but finds himself trailing.

My reserves went out of the LC to fulham but qualified from CL group stage where I play Juve

highlight of the week was Ali getting sacked from Man city his negative football finally cost him

Belly

Aldershot

Not a bad week. Was expected to do better after our superb start but our defence has had a shocker. Cant really put the finger on why as they arfe all good players. I have lined up a few more loans in January which will hopefully push up into the playoffs. My players are young and improving so if they can settle down we may be in for an exciting second half to the season.

Until Next Week

Belly

Jamie - Crystal Palace

Aint updated in a while so I will start off with the end of my first season at Bury.

Season 1 - Bury

I managed to add to a bit of quality to an average squad with a few loans from the prem lads and managed to finish 3rd in League one at the first attempt which was far more than we could have hoped for when I first joined.

3rd meant a playoff spot against 6th place steves Brentford but despite as usual 3rd place never wins the playoffs and a disappointing narrow defeat over two legs sent us crashing out. To make it worse we didn't lose to the eventual winners as Brentford bottled the final.

Season 2 - Bury

Started a clear out of the older players at the club and brought a few players in for the future as I targeted another shot at the playoffs but the season didn't end up as planned with a ridiculous number of games being called off due to the weather and my shocking pitch meant 3 games in 7 days over the crunch parts of the season being the killer with such a small squad and us dropping in to a mid table position of 13th.

Season 3 - Bury

Targeted the playoffs again and managed to get the pitch relaid that caused so many problems last season which could be our biggest signing.

Key signings

Mijatovic 15 yr old CB loaned from Arsenal signed as cover but proved to be my best CB over the season.

Pickford GK on his 2nd loan spell from sunderland a solid GK

Lemaitre CM also on his 2nd loan from MKDons after loss of my best CM Marrow in summer Lemaitre was key.

Sabljaic CB/RB signed on a free after a loan spell last season and had a top partnership with Mijatovic at CB.

Mclean Experianced ST added to provide support to my young attack.

Laverty loan LW from Blackburn proved the difference after losing my best winger Worrall for 1 mill to Huddersfield in the second transfer window.

The season finished better than expected and despite missing the final session my ass man held on to finish joint top losing the league on goal difference even with the second lowest wage budget in the division.

Season 4 - Bury / Palace

Always going to be a tough task to keep Bury in this division with no cash available so that's the best I could hope for this season.

In came Junior on free a dm/cm a solid player for this level

Keshi a pacey winger/st on free that I felt could provide the creativity I feel we lack in the squad.

Mijatovic cb returns on loan from Arsenal and has improved loads Key player this season.

Joronen on free a young gk with potential to be very good at this level and will play to improve asap.

Kane Ferdinand on free signed as utility player as he can play anywhere across defence or midfield.

De Girolamo signed on free can play lw am or st again with a small squad signed to play a number of positions

and also has potential to be very good at this level.

Akabueze and Kuhn both left wingers signed on free with potential at this level and above and will start.

Chatzifounas dm/cm on loan from Liverpool key player for bury this season.

Martins cb rb dm on loan from Liverpool another key player for the season who can play a number of positions.

I missed the end of Wed session which saw me miss the first 3 league games which ended with 3 defeats and 9 conceded so not a good start. On rejoining I find my tactics had been changed and my ass man had loaned out all my back up players leaving me with a 14 man squad.

So a difficult job becomes even harder but slowly I manage to turn things around and after 23 games Bury are just above the bottom 3 in 21st place when the Palace job comes available 8th in the Championship. There was no way I could not apply if I wanted to get to the premier league asap and they offered me the job.

Palace have some very good young players at the club left from previous manager Jack so I have a very good base to start from but the squad is very thin so Jan could be important in helping push for promotion.

First 3 games saw a good 1-1 draw at fellow playoff chasers Reading followed by a 4-2 win against Norwich in my first home game in charge and then a comfortable 3-0 win at Bolton.

A good start all in all just need the players to learn the new tactic asap and I feel promotion is on the cards.

Jack - Liverpool

It's december, and i'm yet to lose a game in any competition. Second in the league behind Grant, got Sporting in the champions league, and chesterfield in the carling cup semis.

It is however very dissapointing, when my fellow managers have to play 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8, yes 8 defenders against you merely to scramble a point.

It isn't football, it isn't the way the game should be played, however Ali feels like he won his cup final bless him, shows you his small time mentality both as a person, and as a manager.

8 defenders? 3 centre-backs, 1 defensive midfielder and 2 attacking wingbacks does not 8 defenders make.

Your unbeaten in every game this season? Yeah, let's abandon all logic and go all out attack with my 14th place Sunderland, a team I've just taken over, against your title-challenging Liverpool side you've been building over the last few seasons!

You're just annoyed that I've probably cost you the title this season. The truth is, if you understood football, you'd have known how to take advantage of the weaknesses in my formation and gone back with 3 points instead of 1!

Archived