Premiership Glory Clan 2013

dcu223

As you can see, I'm having a decent season, however what's obvious is my inability to score goals and win games. I have drawn too many, I have no complaints defensively what so ever, we have looked unbeatable at the back quite often but I need to be more ruthless in front of goal. I have had some good results recently and if I can start turning these draws into wins who knows where I might end up although I feel top 3 is probably realistic but if Ali or Grant slip up I could push them but I doubt that very much, they have great teams so it's a big ask.

In terms of my team, I feel we are gelling well, some very solid experience at the back mixed with youth in other positions has served us well and I've been pleased with the midfield although I am losing my best midfielder on a free in the summer so I will need to strengthen there although Vondra has looked impeccable and he's only 19 and certainly one to watch.

I have recently slightly altered my tactics to try and be more attacking and results have looked better but not amazing this is something I need to work on, if I can get them firing up top I will give anybody a game but I'm pleased with my summer signing Kruit he's done well and I think he could be a mainstay for a few more seasons.

I am out of both cups which is a blessing and I think has helped my league form but I'm still in the Europa Cup and I believe we have the quality to win it but time will tell, I have Fiorentina next...

Until Monday

Lee

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ali - Leicester (formally stoke)

After Oli's departure to the mongrels clan, I applied for his old Leicester post and was successful. The finances aren't great and hopefully I won't have to sell a player every season to stay afloat, but it's starting to look that way. It's a great squad with some excellent young prospects, if a little thin in the central defence and central midfield departments. This is something that will be addressed in the summer window, provided the finances allow it of course.

In terms of the league the title is already Grant's. With Kim on holiday, Grant has no competition and should take this opportunity to win as many trophies as possible. Hopefully, with a few acquisitions I'll be able to mount a strong challenge next season, but this will be made even more difficult with Kim's return.

The Champions League looks promising. A 2-0 away victory at Atletico Madrid has put me in pole position for the next round. I believe I left my old side Stoke in the qualification places from the group stage. Let's hope I don't end up facing them so soon again, as they've already destroyed me in the league.

The FA Cup looks quite interesting. With Grant's Arsenal out and Belly's Palace next in the 6th round, I may well make it to the latter stages again. I shouldn't speak too soon though as Belly's been quite strong in the cup competitions this season.

Fred - Mönchengladbach

I'm back for a little while.

So i've taken over Mönchengladbach, there is undeniably talent in the team however the team is not very balanced in how it's been built. Having two monstrous right wingers but hardly any decent left wingers to speak for as an example. So i'll just sum it up fast with a rating system of footballs.

Goalkeeper: A very good keeper they have, but there was no backup so loaned one as backup. 4/5 footballs.

CB's: Decent just outside the top teams cb's, a bit small for my personal taste though. Signed a young big cb that will eventually become the nr1 cb at the club for 10m£. 3/5 footballs

Fullbacks: They are kind of weird, not close to top cream but not bad either. I've signed a young japanese to eventually become first choice rb but that will take some time.. 2.5/5 footballs

DM: Some good dm's here, even having one or two fitting my current way of playing, not top cream but not that far away from it either having a really good player in Frankowski as first choice. 3.5/5 footballs

MC: There is some quality here, i've signed a young georgian to be my playmaker although he arguably is more of a normal cm type. Players such as Godoya, Duncan have some quality aswell but overall it could be better and more depth. 3/5 footballs

AML: The two wingers at the club right now aren't good, one of them is a inside forward that dosn't even have any finishing to speak of and the other one is very mediocre. Thankfully I signed former Köln player Wahlbreq to the club. He's not great but he will atleast improve my otherwise weakest position. 2/5 footballs.

AMR: And here we have the opposite. A top class right winger followed by a prodigee behind him. 5/5 footballs

ST: Sold the best striker for 28m so that I could invest in other positions. Even though he left there are still some decent quality at the front with Jimenez and Roa. Jimenez has so far scored two hattricks in the first 3 games for me as manager. Surely that must be promising. 3.5/5 footballs.

It's hard to predict on the league as I don't know how strong my team is in comparasion to the teams outside the top 4 but a top 10 finish is the goal and what i'll be happy with. I'm currently trying to bring in another fullback to strengthen the leftback but he got injured so i'm not sure if medical will work out.

Hi FM'ers

Due to a combination of lack of interest, low activity and members Leaving, sadly the PGC Clan Game for 2013 has finished this evening. Whether PGC will be back for FM2014 is undecided.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the clan over the years and also the SI team for producing the best series of Football Management games and also Andy for his support on this forum and also Stuart Warren for his support of the clan.

KUTGW and have fun.

Belly,

Hi FM'ers

Due to a combination of lack of interest, low activity and members Leaving, sadly the PGC Clan Game for 2013 has finished this evening. Whether PGC will be back for FM2014 is undecided.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the clan over the years and also the SI team for producing the best series of Football Management games and also Andy for his support on this forum and also Stuart Warren for his support of the clan.

KUTGW and have fun.

That's really sad to hear it will be a big miss in the FM Online community, Best of luck!

Don't worry mate. PGC ain't dead. The 2 of the 3 who set up PGC (myself and Stu) are in the mongrels game, as is Joe who has been there from day 1. Plus most of the mongrels played in PGC either this season, last or in the case of a good few since FM10.

Sorry don't worry mate, hopefully Belly will revive the game for FM14, and in the meantime the spirit of PGC lives on in the mongrels.

Been following this from the start and it's been a pleaure to read.Such a shame it ended so soon, was hoping this would last till the release of FM 2014.

I'm confused m8. You said you been following this from the start (25/10/12) but you didn't join SI until December 2012 ?

Unless you needed to restart your SI Profile ofc....

For me Susiesta it don't matter how long you have been following the PGC, its the fm fans that made our clan the what it was/ and will be. keep the faith mate, We will rise from the ashes.

Stuart. Founding member of the PGC

Archived