Premiership Glory Clan 2013

dcu223

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Jones - MK Dons

I just got relegated from the Championship. I almost can't believe it. I've played this game since CM2 and most often taken on very difficult challenges and in thousands of playing hours I've never been relegated before, online or single player. I'm very disappointed in my team but I know it's mostly my fault. I made mistakes on the pitch and didn't improve the team enough. My future is still on the open because the board is still evaluating my position as the MK manager and I'm considering my position as well.

In our FM2012 online game I had Burton Albion promoted from LG2 in our 1st season similarly to my 1st season at Stadium:MK. But I quickly established in LG1 and never was close to relegation zone. However I never got going with MK Dons in the Championship. I have to admit though that Championship has always been tough for me with an underdog team. Its arguably within top 13-15 in Europe and very likely the best 2nd division in the world. You can't rely on loans like in LG1 and LG2. What makes this ever harder is Kim's Tranmere and Grant's Leyton Orient were 1st and 10th respectively and never looked like getting relegated. Meanwhile I was in relegation zone from day 1 and never looked like surviving.

Roar Hansen - Swindon

After a long road, where we were in the playoffs and having a fight for the top 3 for a bigger part of the season which in the end saw us slipping down to a 4th place but finally managing promotion after beating Belly's Stevenage in the Playoff Final.

Roar Hansen celebrating

lgoif131210212253700c.jpg

I forgot to give credit last season to Simon Ferry, so here I now give it. He was both selected as FANS player of the year and Manager's player of the year. This season saw the arrival of many players that were great to us. Players such as Perry, BOMBER, Amoo, Smith, Lita, Meyler (an old aquintance of ours). But the best performances were not from any of these, no it was in fact the already residing left winger Gary Roberts that would prove to be the best. He got selected for FANS player of the year and I can't disagree with that choice. So I hereby declare Gary Roberts as Manager's player of the year. With a total of 18 goals and 17 assists he proved to be a menace for most teams at some point throughout the season. He has an ability for doing it when it matters aswell. Honorary mentions go to Perry, BOMBER, Ferry, Meyler and Amoo.

Honorary Mention to Ross Perry for his massive contribution to the team this season.

rossperry.jpg

And also an honarary mention to Mr Federico "BOMBER" Girardi and no that was not his final tally, his final tally was around 22-23 goals and around 17-18 assists. PS Look at his wage :D

He was the one who stepped forward in the playoff Final and saw us through with two goals in the 3-1 victory against Belly.

bomberr.jpg

We are looking forward to a season in Championship now but things are looking well, less enthusiastic. We've got a wage budget of 62k against Oli's 250k. And in the very start of the window he stole a kid I found at the very start of the game (who is immense), after some member of the club leaked it out in the Media (GRRR). I can't compete for players against the other Human managers, it really is that simple, they've got cash, cash and cash but we've got something they don't. SPIRIT! Their clubs consist of players and managers that would leave for the smallest of pennies while Swindon's got the honorable Manager Roar Hansen that've made it a goal to take Swindon to heights never reached before. I will be the manager of Swindon until the end of this year's edition of the clan game (unless I get sacked). We will fight against the capitalistic world of football to the last drop of blood. The likes of Jack and Oli will be axed by their clubs while love prospers at the flowery fields of Swindon.

So a fast look at our squad. Which positions are set for Championship?

GK's, 100% set Got good old Swedish 3d choice national keeper Eddie Gustafsson and behind is Foderingham, One old, one young and Foderingham keeps improving statwise. Also got a decent 3d and 4th choice keepers out on loans which can be called back if injuries arise. Not doing anything at this position this window.

Fullbacks, 50% I have enough players but I want to cash in on Caddis and sell the mediocre Mceveley, I've still got the fantastically consistent Ciofani and a new signing in a young italian lb (who is better than Mceveley). But I'm not selling Caddis and Mcevely until I've got replacements for them.

CB's: 25% It's really hard to say where I stand on this position, i've got two ok cb's for Championship but absolutely nothing more. I really need to sign here and I'm looking at some names but so far I have not find the CB I want. Looks like I might have to bring in players I normally wouldn't sign.

DM'CM'AM: 33% The only Centre midfielder I've got left that was a regular from last season is sadly Simon Ferry, Safri is quiting, Navarro got to old and I released him and others went back after loaning them. I've got Lee Cox but he was a squad player last season and didn't get many games at all + he was a big dissapointment for me last season in LG1 so I really don't want to be in a situation where I have to start with him. I've managed to sign one defensive centre mid but he's **** and all he can do is defend, he is there to be a squad player and I hope I won't have to use him much. So yeah....a lot of work to be done here, need a playmaker and a cm/dm that can truly defend but also ain't 100% hopeless on the other parts.

WINGERS: 75% Left wing covered with the new fantastic signing Fausto Rossi in (Juventus Reserves), we still got Mr Fantastic Roberts but he will be sidelined for Rossi, due Rossi's sheer capability but also due to Roberts coming of age. Right wing we got the young and good Amoo, but we haven't got a single other right winger, so need to get another right winger. When that's done i'll be fine with it. Sure could have more reserves in case of injuries/suspensions but I'm no Oli or Jack so I can't afford that. Oh yeah forgot got a decent big potential right winger in a young 16 year old Swede so he might get some games.

Strikers: 75% We've already got the supersigning of last season BOMBER in the squad, I noticed that Andy Little of Rangers contract was running out so I grabbed him which i'm very happy with, he'll bang in some. Except for those two I would need to bring in another striker as cover in case of injuries.

So i've got ALOT of work to do. Gotta bring in several central midfielders, need one right winger, I want two more cb's, one rb, one lb, and one striker. My big concern lies with centreback position as most centre defenders out there look like exact copies of my two ok cb's Archbald Henville and Portin.

Things are gonna be tough but we will prevail! I'm hoping for a mid table position but i'm happy with just surviving this season.

Roar Hansen - Swindon

Dire news have come out as Swindon Town have found the source of their transfer leak. One of the secretaries had been bribed by a certain Mr Franschetti, tracing Franschetti's roots back to Sicilia and finding out that Ivana Trump had bonds with the residing Maffia organization one could finally see the truth of Oli's underhanded methods.

Increadibly discrete (as always!)

eviloli.jpg

Also it has come to knowledge that Jack at Crystal Palace is using his own criminal methods. But while Ivana Trump(Oli)'s methods are more sneaky/in the dark, Jack's are more direct and rough. There have been sightings of men following the Scouts of well-known transfer demons Johannes, Mike, Oli and Grant. Cars and other propery of the scouts have been found smashed up and threatning phone calls have come at night.

Jack's homies listening to Jack's violent ideas. (Obviously the two homies to the left are not believing the evilness Jack is spouting)

rickrosswalemeekmilltpa.jpg

Belly

Stevenage

Well after a very good finish to the season we secured a playoff place in 6th which was above my own expectations. We even managed to tonk Hartlepool in the semi to set up a Playoff Final against Freds Swindon.

Unfortunetaly we didnt perform in the final and lost. I cant be too upset with the season as a whole. Close season has gone ok and we have raised 1.5m on Atkins so finances are healthy.

I have brought in some good young talent but i dont think we are good enough to go up. We will enjoy our football again this season and see where it takes us.

Until Next Session,

Belly,

Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all,

Over a week now and we aint played a session on this and am getting worked up about it lol roll on next week and we can get back on to it.The mighty walsall will be going straight back up into the football league after getting dumped out last season :)

The Legend - Tranmere Rovers

I've paid my dues time after time here at Tranmere. I've done my sentence even though I committed no crime, bar a couple of bad mistakes. Actually, I've made a few and I've had my share of sand kicked in my face, but I've come through time and time again. And now I've done it

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!

We kept on fighting all through the season, and now it's paid off!

We are the champions -

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

No time for the losers down in League 1, 2 or the BSP!

Because Tranmere Rovers are the champions of the nPower Championship!

I've got my share of praise these two first seasons, and the bigger stage is calling my name. Tranmere Rovers has brought me fame and fortunes and everything that goes with being a top manager.-

I want to thank you all, but it's been no bed of roses or a pleasure cruise. I consider it a challenge before the clan, and I ain't gonna lose!

We are currently the champions, and we'll keep on fighting till the end to stay up in the Premier League next season as well.

But right now, we will just soak it up and enjoy the moment, because...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS!

WE ARE THE CHAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!

-Kiminho

The Legend

Le God

King

The best

Winner

AboveYouAll

#pray4therest

Roar Hansen - Swindon

I've had a lot of time to reflect on my squad and I've come to realize that I've been a bit harsh towards my squad/team, that in itself was probably a good thing as I've made sure to truly reinforce my team. I will bring in one more cb, but he will most likely be a reserve as I can't find any cb that can make it into my first eleven, not with my resources atleast.

I've signed several players though and I've taken some screenshots to show you some players that I will expect a lot of and depend on this season.

Fausto Rossi, our biggest signing this season and he is the player that I expect "to do it for us". Have big shoes to fill as he will be taking the amazing Roberts place on the wing. Hoping for 10+ goals and 10+ assists.

faustorossi.jpg

Another Italian, finally we have a "real" left back. Most of last season we played right backs at the position and none of them were natural at the position. Thankfully Ciofani and Smith were good enough to really well at the position. But now we have our true left back. And not only that we signed really good backup from Switzerland. Some french bloke that i've forgotten the name of but hopefully he won't have to utilized too much as I have big faith in Frascatore (wonderful name, just pronounce it goodammit!). Also look at his wage :D:D

paolofrascatore.jpg

Simone Pasa, our new defensive midfielder that has big potential and is quite young still. Expect a lot of development and he is already good enough to have a starting position in my team. Consider this to be my best signing of the season behind Mr.Rossi.

simonepasa.jpg

Rasmus Fornander is our biggest potential in the team. The green arrows are flying and he is already good enough to get games. Like the fact that he is a Swede aswell ;)

rasmusfornander.jpg

Eric Dier, reserve cb, signed more than 1 season ago and he's hardly played any games for our team but this season I reckon he will get games as we've become weaker at the cb. Important that he perform when he has to play for us.

ericdier.jpg

Oh and I would like to congratulate Jack on a great signing (Ross Perry). Expected Oli to bring him in but appearantly not.

Belly

Stevenage Boro

Steady start for me. Best striker Haber injured for 3 weeks but other strikers have done well. Conceded far too many goals which i put down to an inexperienced GK but he has bags of potential and with world class training facilities and a World Class manager at the helm he will reach his potential quickly.

Will be looking for top half finish this season.

Until Next Week

Belly,

Oliver-Leicester

The season has not started well for me. I'm putting this down to injuries to my first and second choice left backs, an inexperienced back line, new players blending and settling in to the side and the new match engine meaning I have had to change formations after the first two matches. On the plus side I have brought in some players with great futures and feel confident we can fly up the league soon.

After only 3 games in the 3rd season my MK dons side has only 4 points. However I've missed most of the games due to technical difficulties (Steam servers being *****). After being relegated to League 1 again i had to shed lot of money to avoid bankruptcy. MK Dons have big long term loan and the board won't allow big budgets. They only allow me 52k a week, down from 75k a week. This season will be tough. I'm going to be in top 10 surely, but promotion is definetely not given in this league. The window hasn't shut and I'm still hoping I can sell a left winger (he's on 8.5k a week) as I've got a replacement on loan. I've got a new tactic for next session. I just don't have the players for 4-3-3/4-5-1. This means I need an extra striker and i'm hoping I can get a decent one on loan. I also need a backup keeper as I just sold my backup (again money issue). I'm hoping I can improve the squad and make my team ready for Champ action. I'm always anxious for next sessions even though my team has all kinds of problems.

The other lads:

Kim (Tranmere): He's the only one in Premiership and has made some nice signings and I think he's still in the hunt for that 15 goal striker. Will be difficult season for him. I think he made jump ships soon as big clubs might come knocking soon.

Grant (Orient): He's made some good signings and he's pushing for promotion this season. I think he will be around playoffs this season. He might have to wait one more season. Playoffs is a lottery and auto-promotion is tough with very big teams in the Champ.

Oli (Leicester): He has the biggest team and biggest budget. He's made some good signings and has some really good players joining soon. Same with Grant he might have to wait another season for Premiership action. But he will make playoffs or thereabouts.

Fred (Swindon): He's in a similar position I was in last season. However, he's had an extra season to prepare himself for Championship. He's had a very poor start but he will gradually improve and he will survive, but it will be close. He'll be around 16th-22nd.

Jack (Palace): He has a big club and should be able to get mid table in the Championship. I have to admit I dont know anything about his signings or his team though. But he has a club with potential and facilities and he could in for the long run.

Paul (Yeovil): He has been very very quiet with his small beloved Yeovil side. I know how Paul wants to play and the ME might not like his style. I dont know if his team is good enough for promotion.

Matej (Portsmouth): I'm worried his Pompey side will get auto-promoted this season.

Steve (Brentford): He needs more time with his Brentford side before he can get promoted.

Belly (Stevenage): Not any fireworks for Belly this season as he will get a respectable position.

Mike (Crewe): I'm still waiting for Mike to shine with Crewe but it doesn't look good. He hasn't even been close to getting promoted.

Jimmy (Bradford): Will be a tough season. League 1 is not so difficult and he should be able to survive.

Stu (Shrewsbury): He has been sacked twice now with Carlisle and Sheff Wed. He's now with Shewsbury in League 2. He should be able to get promoted.

Andy (Torquay): I think its a good fit for him. He has a very patient approach and will build his side gradually.

Joe (Gateshead): Good start for him in the Blue Square Prem

Davie (Walsall): Should be able to challenge for promotion from BSP.

My new years eve party lasted for a couple of days :) so i missed the first week sessions of 2013.

But the team is doing well so far, hopefully i will challenge for promotion.

I got a couple of good loans before - basically my whole midfield is loaned in.

Roar Hansen - Swindon

I started the season with 1 draww 5 losses. After that I got things working and the next 8 games would turn out to be 4 wins and 4 losses. I thought I had gotten it going and I knew that a 1 win 1 lose every two games would be enough to save me from relegation however...

It proved to be a win that would thwart us. In the winning game we got both first choices in the centre midfield injured, the defensive midfielder Pasa would miss the next 5 and Ferry would miss the next 7. That started a streak of games that is now up to 8 games without wins and it might turn worst. I've blamed my strikers a lot for this, which in a way is right as BOMBER is the only one scoring really, (the other have been *****).

It's our defense. There are so many personal misstakes from my defending players that it ain't even funny. We've ****ed up two games were the opposition got 1 player red carded when we were having a draw (heck the first game I even got a penalty with the red card). But we lost both instead in ways more infuriating than I could possibly imagine. Our biggest problem is that we have only cb that has proven that he's good enough for Chamo. The two that've both gotten their chances to partner him have been beyond horrible. Thankfully i'm getting an Icelandic great cb in at January that should be good enough. However I dislike the guy as he was part of the Horrible Swedish team Djurgårdens IF for a long time.

The proof that we only have one cb good enough at Champ is here.

12 corners conceeded. Noone is even close geez (makes me infuriated thinking about how Oli got Troest outside the team when he would walk into my team)

corners.jpg

Another problem is keepers. But I don't like signing keepers right in the season but we might have to. But since my wage budget is so terribly bad i'm not sure if we can.

Well whatever, we create a lot of decent chances, we are not as terrible as I make it sound at scoirng goals. So if we can just Improve defense and depth (hopefully) then we'll probably survive.

Belly

Unemployed

As the saying goes - You wont win anything with kids and so it proved. We sold our top players to improve the balance sheet and replaced them with quality youngsters. Unfortunetly we had a terrible start losing 7 in a row. We temporarily redeemed ourselves by winning 5 on the spin and things were looking ok.

However another run of defeats were not acceptable to the board and they took action even though we were 3 places above relegation.

It probably also didnt help that i got the club to the playoff finals the previous season so expectations were higher than they should of been.

Feeling gutted as the first time ive been sacked on clan since FM2011.

However i have identified the failings in my system and implemented instant fixes.

Will hopefully get another league 1 Job soon and go again.

Until my next Job,

Belly,

Stuart

Shrewsbury Town

2s7pl.jpg

This is my first post since our Christmas break and when I last posted I was manager of Sheffield Wednesday and after taking them from 16th place to 8th the board decided that was not good enough and sacked me after just 3 months in charge must to the joy of much of the clan. It was a shock to the system after smashing up fm12 so it was time to go back to basics and find a club I knew would give me time to hone my skills and Shrewsbury Town was that club it would mean dropping into league 2 but it had to be done if I was to have a good fm13.. If you have followed our clan then you might remember me being Shrewsbusy boss in fm11 and I have to say I had a lot of fun with them, I also remember how good the board was towards me and would help me as much as they could, the only downfall is the small fan base but if I build it they will come as they say.

Taking over a shrewsbusy I was thrown in the deep end with the top 2 sides Gillingham who where 2nd in the league and Oxford who where fighting for a playoff place to add to my shocking start both games were away. In league 2 442 has always been the way to go keep it simple as the players you have will never be the best, and that mind set worked a treat for me as I blew Gillingham and oxford away infact I went on to win my first 6 games of the season and by the time the season was done I only finished 4 points off a playoff place. It told me there was a good foundation to the club that I could build on and the summer was a busy one for me.

992xvr.jpg

The main aim in the summer was sort out the back 4 and add a striker to the ranks. I had a loan striker from my parent club wolves who scored over 25 league goals who wouldn’t come back to me for another season so that was a body blow so early in the summer, but as I said the main job was the back 4 with the team letting in a crazy 71 goals last season its easy to see where the problem is.

List of summer signing.

Brian Murphy Wba Loan GK.

Curits Obeng Swansea City Loan RB

Paul Dummett Newcastle Free transfer LB

Shane Cansdell Sherriff Free DC

Christopher Jordan Free DC

Dan burn Fulham Loan DC

Lee Johnson Kilmarnock Free

Lee Lucas Swansea Loan DM

Gavin Kelly Leicester City Loan MC

Zoltan Gera Free MC

Neil Elliot MK Dons Loan AML

Bobby Grant Rochdale Free AMR

Ricardo Fuller Free ST

2e0pfvb.jpg

Aleksandr Geynrikh Free Star Striker 14 league goals in 20 league games

So as you can see it was a busy summer for me and I built on the players that where already at the club so I have a bit of strength in depth for the season ahead.

As for the season we are in December and we sit 2nd in the league and are going really well. Home form is 9 wins from 11 games and ive won my last 3 away games to give me a real chance of going up this season I also have 2 games in hand on the teams around me and if I was to win them both I would only be 4 points off Doncaster who are beating every team they come up against ( a 80 YARD GOAL IT TOOK FOR THEM TO WIN 2-1 AGAINST MY LOT. Stupid ME ).

I might need to add 2,3 players in jan but overall Im happy with the team I have.

CUP GAMES.

Lost in league cup 1st round

Facup lost 2nd round to Carlisle. One thing that game told me was my team is not good enough for lg1 so there is work to do if I go up.

Well that’s you Upto date now

More soon

rhnw93.jpg

Ah well got the sack from walsall not really a surprise sitting 17th in the blue square prem took over chester in the same league and doing rather better with a new tactic 3 points outside the playoff spots just hoping to kick on into the 2nd halve of the season and push for a playoff spot along with geir (luton) and joe (gateshead) who are doing very well

Jack - Palace

After what was a poor start to the season, I ditched the 4-4-2 system I had been playing and opted for a 3-5-2 with wingbacks.

It has worked wonders and Palace are now just outside the playoff spots, considering at one point the media was saying I was one loss away from the sack, i'm delighted with how my players have responsed, and pushed on with belief in our style of play.

Zigoni one again, is my top scorer, but it has undoubtedly been Ross Perry who has been my player of the season thus far, with a few great defensive displays.

My thoughts on the others :

Kim - Tranmere : You can't ignore what Kim has done, been the standout performer thus far, I expect him to move on soon however. Deservedly so.

Grant - Orient : My old rival from FM12, Grant is going for automatic promotion to the EPL this year, steadily building a good team at the Orient. Bravo.

Oli - Leicester : Should be higher in the league with the squad he has, but will get to the EPL within a year easily. Good going.

Fred - Swindon : To put it bluntly, Fred doesn't have the wage budget or squad to compete in the championship. If he had no injuries I think he would stay up, looks like he will have to go down, get deeper and then come back up. Rollercoaster fred.

Paul - Yeovil : Steady Eddy, are you actually planning on doing anything in fm13 Paul? Time to get out of 1st gear lad!

Matej - Pompey : Doing a amazing job, on course for back to back promotions. Well done Matej!

Joh - MK Dons : Struggling with the horrible finances, if I were him i'd consider moving clubs.

Steve - Brentford : Most dissapointing manager by far, can't get Brentford going. Then again, a manager of Steve's ability will turn them around eventually.

Mike - Crewe : I'm sorry, who's mike? #Anonymous

Jimmy - Bradford : Going down again by the look of things, should be doing better.

Belly - Unemployed : :D Oh dear.

Stu - Shrewsbury : Stu is on the march once again, he's getting some good momentum going. One to watch out for.

Andy - Torquay : Poor performance from a poor manager.

Joe - Gateshead : Come on Joe, get out of the blue square!

Davie - I don't know what team he is : We're running out of leagues for Davie! It must be tough living on the scheme and being bad at FM! #Pray4Davie

Geir - Luton : A rejuvenated Geir has Luton rocking and rolling, going up.

Oliver- Leicester

Im happy with how things have been going. We have turned our awful start to the season around, were currently sitting in second two points ahead of third but they have a game in hand on us. I wanted to chase Grant for the title but I think the ten point lead he has is too much to catch, We are undefeated since November and have only drawn 3 in that time so I really hope we can continue our form and secure that second place. Were currently the only human side remaining in the FA cup but we have drawn either Arsenal or Man City so I really cannot see us progressing past the Quarter finals but I feel we can be proud of what we have achieved this season.

Belly

Crawley

Well i have walked out of 1 small club and into another. Finance are terrible and the only decent players at the club are on loan. I have looked at my previous approach and identified failings and implemented new systems to prevent them from happening again. Only time will tell if it works.

With Crawley the team are struggling to get to grips with the new tactic. Scoring lots but conceding lots too. Have brought in a few in the window which will hopefully help. If i can stay up i am sure i can stabilise the club in the summer and take it forward.

Until Next Week,

Belly,

Rob Jones - MK Dons

Season 3 - League 1

We're only 1-2 sessions from finishing the 3rd season. I'm doing quite well. I've had very good runs in the league and I'm 2nd at the moment, only 2 pts from the top and 8 pts clear of automatic promotion. I've had some really good wins against my fellow human managers in league 1. A bit funny, exactly 1 year ago (FM years) I wrote on the thread when I was in Championship also with 8 games remaining. At that time I was 6 pts from safety zone. However, I got relegated. Will I get automatic promotion now? I'm starting to look ahead and preparing for Championship experience. However, the finance is very poor at the moment and despite being 9k under the wage budget (all 54k of it) I can only offer 1.7k a week for a key player. I'm relying on loan players, and I've got 8 loan players at the moment.

I'm not too happy at Stadium:MK. With Leeds, Swansea, Middlesbro, Sheff Utd, Coventry and Ipswich really struggling I could see myself at another post sooner than later. But I want to see finance being improved. That won't happen with my not establishing myself in Championship. However, I cant establish myself in Championship if I can't offer more than 1.7k a week!

The clan has seen better days though, we've had arguments and some bad morale, but hopefully the clan will go from strength to strength. We always knew it would be hard (but fun) playing with 20 very experienced FM players.

Pros :thup:

• My strikers, Martin Gabriel and Daniel Powell
  • Scott Wootton
  • The team is better prepared now for championship than earlier
  • I'm way under the wage budget and I'll be almost 30-40k under WB when (if) I'll get promoted
  • Greg Wylde has been fantastic at the left wing
  • I'm starting to settle with 4-4-2 and the current style of play
  • When happy and healthy, Elliot Grandin is a really good player at the right wing

Cons :thdn:

• Steve, you know why:herman:
  • Mike, we'll miss you even though I'm going after your players:D
  • My new chairman is even cheaper than the first one, but...
  • Finance at Stadium:MK is horrible
  • I've got 34m long term loan
  • ...so I'm loosing 400k a month
  • I'm struggling to improve my goalkeeper
  • I really need to establish in the Championship
  • I'm struggling to get my targets, their clubs want ridiculous money
  • I need a permanent left winger
  • Just sold Alan Smith
  • I need better centre midfielders
  • I'm starting to loose my patience towards Stephen McGinn's lack of fitness and physical attributes
  • I need improved budgets NOW!
  • Not sure how much patience I've got for this team

Fred aka Roar Hansen - Swindon Town or as I myself call it Swindonelli Townella.

Thin squad, ridiculous amount of injuries on my keyplayers, which my team just can't handle and reserve wingers that just won't capitalize.

Fausto Rossi, the player that was supposed to be the man "doing" it for us this season will amount to 20 league games out of 46 in whole season. And players such as Ferry, Amoo and our best defensive midfielder Pasa have all missed around 8 weeks total.

We've got a positive balance by 1.5m£ and we're doing well financially despite that we pay the least amount of wages by far in Championship amounting to 3,5m£ and the league that is second worst the greatly performing Grant side Leyton Orient have 5.7m£. That in itself should explain how ridicilously thin my squad is, and i've filled the squad out as much as i've could with the wages I have to go with.

Since Rossi just keep getting himself out of action and the others wingers except for the magic bullet (Amoo) not doing anything worth reckoning I decided to go away from using wingers with 10 games left of the season. I made that decision before a home game against Birmingham. At home we had been the clearly worst team of the league and we had only managed two wins through the whole season. But with this tactic and formation change we saw immediate results, 3-0 first half against a secure mid table side. The game ended 4-2 and the team hadn't looked this fierce offensively whole season, so I decided to stick with the tactic for the very next game. A game against Peterbrough one of the teams i'm hunting for survival. 3-1 first half and once again we looked absolutely superb! Game ended 4-1 but to be fair it could be much more, our best performance in whole season. So in just two games we doubled our points taken at home. I had pretty much given up on the title and the tactic change was made as a last resort, I thought it could work and it did. Thanks to this I now have hope of surviving. Hope will never leave our fiery hearts! Even if we go down I remain positive about the future of Swindon Town.

For some men hope leaves early, which we can see at some of the other clanmembers hasty retirements /lack of patience. Heck some members have even said that I should be leaving Swindon and take a bigger club. I'm an honorable, loyal and loving father of Swindon Town and i'll put my gravestone on the town, hopefully with some Italian lass by my side.

An unbelievable run of 10 defeats in 12 matches made me slip from top spots to 10th place and basically out of the promotion. Don't remember if i ever had a run like this in a FM save. A totally opposite form of what i had till january.

Sadly, it was all my fault... missed a couple of games and my assman is crap. I was not able to pick them up.

I wil have to take a break due to work for the next 2 weeks. I will try to set them up for next season somehow or maybe i'll just resign. Don't know yet.

Roar Hansen (Fred) - Swindon

Tranmere job offered?!

tranmere.jpg

We went down. Kim left Tranmere for Spurs and clearly they envy my loyalty as a manager and man to Swindon. Tranmere don't seem to get it though, i'm a Swindon man.

So LG1 this season, got a stronger strikeforce then ever, with the likes of Amoo, Little, Bradley God-Phillips, BOMBER, Nabi and young wonderkid Wau. There will be rotating but main goalscorers should be Nabi, God-Phillips and BOMBER. Going for promotion back to Championship immediately.

Oliver-Leicester

I'm so proud of my team not only did they achieve promotion to the premiership at the first time of asking but we won the fa cup while in the championship. Before anyone thinks I must have had an easy route to the final I didn't beating Wigan, Chelsea in the quarters man city in the semi and spurs in the final 4-1.

After the success of last season and with being in Europe I decided to keep my entire first team from last term and add to it. First off was the decision over goalkeeper. I considered going out and blowing my budget on a world class keeper but decided to keep faith with kasper schmichael as he was so solid last season. I needed a back up keeper so manages to get delac on a free from Chelsea.

Next was my back line I wanted some experience at centre half and an English leader so I brought in Michael mancienne on a free. Adding him to my solid defence from last term of landre, faure, Moore and the wonderkid Romulo I feel we should be solid in the middle. Full backs were my issue last season so I decided to blow a major part of my budget on a right back and managed to beat Kim to a Croatian 19 year old who is going to be amazing and good enough to start over my reserve Cummings. Left back is an issue with plattenhardt my only natural full back I am now looking in to bringing in a more experinced full back.

Central midfield was a worry for me and I decided to being some more experience and quality in in this area. So I managed to pick up Jordan Henderson on a free and Paul pogba back from Italy. Adding to the strong lasne, Drinkwater and the creative brains of Espinoza and the brilliance of Garcia I feel really strong in the middle of the park. I was already strong on the wings with England international Ben Marshall, Luke freeman, takagi I have decided to let Guerbert go on loan and brought in fabbrini. I might need to add another left winger to this bunch though.

Upfront is my main worry it really depends if sala can deliver the goals he did last season for me if him and knockeart can continue their partnership ill be laughing. I managed to bring in two talents from the two Spanish giants in rafinha and jese both need converting to full time strikers and with their ability to play on the wings it gives me options. I am considering bringing someone in here though.

All in all I'm happy with my summers work I only spent money on two players and managed to bring in a few future tallents too which are spread amount the lower league clan members. I only hope playing in Europe isn't too much for my newly promoted side.

Rob Jones - MK Dons

I just got promoted back to Championship. I am happy about that. I managed to secure promotion on monday session. I missed Tuesday session however, which meant missing the whole pre-season. However, it turns out my budget for this season will be even lower than last season. So my wage budget is now 45k a week. I'm now spending 49k a week and I didnt manage to sign a single player in the pre-season. My senior squad is really thin and without the loan players I'm worried I won't be able to avoid relegation this season. My defense however is not too bad, but I'm lacking in midfield and I need depth everywhere.

While selling players might improve finance situation it wont fix anything as it would mean I'd only get relegated again back to League 1. The board is most likely not allowing me any money from the players I sell. I need to establish in the championship and get back-to-back seasons without relegation. Obviously I'm not going to do anything huge on a 45k a week. I've also had early injuries to key players. I'm hoping my fellow premiership managers will help me with loan players. Better yet, resigning and going after another job. The easy way out of this ****ing mess.

Stuart – Shrewsbury Town

2cypkdv.jpg

We are going up say we are going up. This is the sound the players heard as the ref blew for full time in the last game of the season, little old shrewsbury town had done the unthinkable by going up into league one beating the likes of Sheff Utd and Coventry to the punch on a wage bill of 18k, not like the 4m Utd had.

Things had been going really well upto last Wednesday where we went through a really bad run losing 6 of 7 games and throwing away any chance of winning the league, Lucky for me it was it was a Wednesday so I had all weekend to sort things out. On the Monday I came back with a new tactic , a 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric and boy did it work. I drew my first 2 games but from then on I went on a roll all the way to the end of the season, win after win came and after wacking Coventry 3-0 we took 3rd place in style. LET THE PARTY BEGIN!

1imqrm.jpg

2ufavyt.jpg

52h0mg.jpg

SUMMER WINDOW

After losing to Carlisle in the Facup I knew my team would not be good enough for lg1. I had 14 players who contract were going to run out in july and I only gave 2 of the 14 new deals and set to work signing up a stronger side for the season ahead. All in all I signed 16 new players the names of these players will follow soon.

SEASON AHEAD

Believe it or not I’m going to try and take a leave out of jim’s book with Bradford, the main aim is to stay up this season and push on as much as I can. The season never started well as I lost to Carlisle ( Again) in the league cup first round and was beat 5-2 by jims Bradford although 2 goals were corners and I gifted 2. Anyhow it was a wake up all of the highest order. I knew my 4-2-3-1 Asymmetric would not work in this league with the team I had. I have changed tactic now and it seems to be working well as I have taken 4 points from the my next 2 games and with a 2-1 win over matej Pompey ending a Very good week of games at Shrewsbusy Town.

Well that’s you all upto date now

More soon….

vhdndk.jpg

Joe-Gateshead

A little late with this update :cool: so heres a few seasons compressed into one post, Luton didn't end well so went the mighty heed and encountered a squad not only falling apart injury wise but also woefully thin to begin with, so end of season got rid of almost everyone and started again with a brand new squad! Oddly enough given my track record it worked and while Geir ran away with the BSP due to his inability to lose games I squeaked my way into the playoffs and won easily enough gaining promotion to the football league.

So new league time for a new squad! Well not quite as much as my original destruction the previous summer but quite a bit of ins and outs over the summer via freebies and loan and got my squad together where after an ignominious start losing 4-0 at home to newly relegated Scunthorpe I went on to win my next 3 games giving me a very friendly reintroduction to my favourite league in the world League 2. For company I've got Andy at Torquay and my old BSP sparring partner Geir at Luton. The objective for the season is simple, stay up anything else is a bonus.

Side note I must have one of the best owners around because while my stadiums good (11k size) the unfortunate fact is the good people of Tyneside rather go watch Newcastle than the little brother across the river leaving me with only around 300 season ticket holders (honestly not sure why with my patented brand of "attacking" football) but my board just make up the difference and give me a generous wage budget (one of the bigger in the league but nowhere near Sheffield United's) to work with allowing me the depth of squad I need to compete, pity the low rep of my club is holding me back somewhat, a concern thats only going to get worse if I continue to rise the divisions.

Joe

Belly

Unemployed

Woke up, Went down the dole office and signed on. Got home, Watched a bit of Jeremy Kyle. To my surprise fellow unemployed manager Davie Milligan was on taking a paternity test. Went for a little walk in the park. Came home for some Dinner. Checked the Vacancies but as the football season has only just started none are yet available.

So im going to enjoy my Sabatical with the odd movie here and there.

Will return soon,

Belly (1 Profile) Mcfish,

Deniz - Stevenage

After involved in this clan, I realized that playing fm with such talented managers would be really hard. However, they should have been aware of the capability of Stevenage which is one of the most distinguished team in Island. Especially combining this capability with Manager Deniz's tactical genius and wizardry. Therefore, there is only one thing left to say to clan, "Be ready!" guys. :applause::applause::applause:

Let us put aside the jokes, this season will be the most competitive fm game ever for me. I am in almost bottom in the league after 4 matches.:) Please be merciful lads :o

Jack - Palace

Started off well winning all 4 of my league games, I want to go up this season into the premiership.

Made some good signings in the off season, El Kaddouri has been the pick of the bunch, averaging 8.00 in his first few games for me. He is a top player who came from Napoli. Nestor, Souprayen and Erwan Le Corre (regen) make up the rest of the new additions.

Zigoni and McDermott still playing excellent for me, and long may it continue.

Until next time, Jack.

Haha nice 1 belly where is your profile gone i say where is your profile gone :p looked like a good season for some of the human managers 2 pop into my head grant and ollie nice 1 getting into the prem as for Mr kyle the guys a legend belly :applause:

Jamie - Bury

After a break from FM i decided to return to the clan to try my luck on fm13.

So i decided to start with Bury media predicted 20th in League One but they have one or two decent looking players for this division especially the full backs so i'm hoping to build off a steady defence.

Havn't done much in the transfer window as the club are strapped for cash so i've release the deadwood and brought in two free signings and a few loans.

League has started better than expected with 10 points from the first 4 games which is a great start but with a small squad anything above mid table will be a bonus this season.

Étienne Fougére - BRENTFORD

Been a while since I posted, in fact I haven't really posted at all on FM13. To be frank, I've really been struggling to get into the game this year. Steam issues, the match engine and other factors have played their part.

Anyway, I'll catch you up in this brief but concise update:

Season 1 - finished 7th - had a poor start caused by my assistant getting me off to a poor start and then me taking my time to turn things around. in the end we finished like a train (as was customary on FM12) and almost stole a play-off spot.

Season 2 - finished 10th - Really disappointing season for me when nothing went to plan and I was up and down but never going out of the division one way or the other.

Season 3 - finished 17th - just when I though things could not get any worse! I prided myself on FM12 with my ascent. I took plymouth from the foot of LG2 upwards every season until we hit the top 4 in the Premier League. Now i was taking Brentford down every season, and this season my biggest achievement was that I i finished the season still with a job!

Season 4 -

I decided that my policy of trying to keep the decent Brentford players together was not working. So I set upon a massive cull. We have brought in a mixture of young free transfers and young loanees. This was to compliment my established stars already in place. After the getting to the first match, I looked at my team, smiled to myself and thought, "I've got a good side here and I am going up. I negotiated the first 8 games without defeat. An admirable task, you may think. Brentford must really have turned the corner and been in the promotion places. Well no, not quite. Yes, we had gone 8 games unbeaten, but the fact we had won just one of those 8 games tells you all you need to know.

After 15 games i was still quite the draw specialist, having won just 3 games, having lost just 2 (the fewest in the league) and having drawn a massive 10 games. Then came the turning point of the season, a credible 1-0 defeat at home to the table topping Crewe. Mike had left an excellent side there full of superb young players who had been fashioned into a deadly counter attacking side. Kilic in particular being absolutely lethal. To come away with just a 1-0 defeat was a good result, but did leave us looking nervously over our shoulder at the relegation scrap with the underachievers of Belly and Deniz close behind me. Stuart's Shrewsbury had past me and looked out of sight. We then won 3 in a row to ease back past Stuart into midtable safety. Our renewed confidence was shattered by our only proper thumping of the season after we were hammered by Ipswich 3-0. Since then, we have won 6 games in a row and sit comfortably in 7th position, just outside the play-offs and far exceeding the boards expectations over lower mid-table (oh how I've killed that off!). We've now played 26, won 12, drawn 10, and lost just 4 games (the league's lowest). In the last 5 games, we've won all games (we have actually won the last 6), and scored 17 and conceded just 5. It really was an outstanding last session of the week for me, and a real return to form for the first time on FM13, which goes to show that if you want to do well on this game, then you need to put the effort in as I can only attribute my turnaround to having finally started a proper FM13 single player game and getting out my notebook and really analyzing my Brentford side and working out my five best teams and formations.

I am not going to delude myself and think that this run will carry on and that I'll sweep to automatic promotion (we are still some 7 points back). FM13 is all about momentum and no doubt a big wobble will come. The question is how we cope with that. But I am actually looking forward to Monday's session for once and think that we have a bright future ahead of us, particularly if I can land just 2 of my long term transfer targets.

The other clowns:

Kim - The outstanding manager so far, but has had a poor start to his Spurs tenure. He finished the week with a return to form and forced his way back up the table.

Oliver - we fell out earlier in the game over how he got his big jobs, but since then he has really done well and I must say (begrudgingly) that he has deserved his recent success with some astute signings and whilst Kim has been the outstanding manager so far, it is Oli with Leicester who sits highest in the table and has the most prestigious piece of silverware in the cabinet.

Grant - the magician has worked wonders at Orient in getting them to the Premier League and despite looking doomed to drop back out at his first attempt, he's suddenly pulled off some big wins and eased out of the relegation mire.

Jack - again, like for Oli, I was not happy how Jack "achieved" the job at Palace, but he has since started to knuckle down and prove he can actually be a decent manager when he can be bothered to put the effort in. For once, he has not got his mentor telling him what signings to make and so is finally doing it for himself. Excellent season in the Championship and looks set to win promotion to the big time.

Johannes - the new Pound for Pound king. He's yo-yoing up and down from Lg1 to the Championship - up, down, up and finally it looks like he might stay up. He's had massive financial problems but he's showing his class and tactical nous to fight his way to safety. I for one hope he achieves it.

Fred - the nutter has also been up and down and looks set to go back up again. He's got Swindon rocking and found a bunch of players he likes enough to nickname, which is usually a sign that he's going to do well. My favourite for promotion to the Champ.

Jamie - returns to the clan after a long period of absence (left 3/4 through FM12 after narrowly missing out on toppling my mighty Plymouth from their lofty perch as Premier League and European Champions) and takes Bury, a struggling side predicted to finish 20th. Jamie usually is a slow burner who takes his time to get going but is almost unstoppable once he does. This time he was off like a rocket and whilst he currently sits 5th, it's only after a defeat which toppled him from top just one game ago.

Jim - has fought his way back to LG1 after getting sacked first season and is doing so with his home town club. Last season he achieved his aim of staying up and really had to pull out all of the stops after looking doomed on a few occasions. Then, he was able to really close the gap on me and we should have seen the signs. It was this form that he carried into the new season and is the biggest surprise sitting in the play-offs.

Stuart - like Jim has had to fight his way back to LG1 after a sacking, and like Jim last season is aiming only to stay up. He was doing so comfortably on Tuesday only to miss the last session of the week and to find his ass man lost all 7 or 8 games and to dump him just above the relegation zone. Well at least your real life side won Stu!

Deniz - the new guy is struggling to get to grips with multiplayer but is listening to advice and is improving. hopefully, he does so quickly enough to keep his job.

Belly - sacked three times now and really should go down to LG2 where he belongs. However, every time he's been sacked so far, his new side are higher and higher up the table, so no doubt he'll get a promotion chasing side this time!

Geir - was sacked and fell to the BSP where he took Luton to promotion to LG2 last season. Now he's chasing back to back promotions and sits impressively in 3rd. Never underestimate this guy or fall for his dumb-ass routine.

Joe - like Geir was dumped into the BSP following his sacking, and like Geir is chasing back to back promotions. The fact eh had to go up via the playoffs last season and is in 6th this season shows the magnitude of the task for Joe.

Andy - has been fighting relegation non-league with Torquay, following his sacking and demotion to LG2. This seaosn he's finally got things going and is just outside the play-offs. He will not like Joe and Geir going past him and will fight even harder this season.

I promise to post more often from now on!

Steve

Archived