[FM12] 60% of the time, it works everytime

markyosullivan

logo.png

Assi IF Resignation 2/7/15

We didn't have a great start to the league and it took us 4 games to get a win. A string of really bad results has lead me to resign as manager of Assi IF. Unfortunately this season has gone badly and it has left me very frustrated. It doesn't like we'll be able to put up a challenge for the title, with the leaders 13 points ahead with 10 games to go. We're actually closer to finishing in last position. Nearly every single player has been performing badly this season, Shala has been the only player who has been decent and he got injured (expected to be out for 5 weeks) in our last game where we got thrashed 5-1 by Pitea IF.

I've enjoyed my stay at the club, I believe I did a good job in the 3 full seasons I had with them, felt proud that I changed them from relegation battlers into title contenders but it looks like the club is going backwards instead of forwards. Club Captain Mattias Ainasoja (35) and Mauricio Lopez (33) are both declining, both were very important players in the past 3 seasons, it will be very hard to find someone with a similar ability to these 2 great players and the youth team players will take another couple of years before they get near their level.

I'd like to find a job in another country, but I wouldn't mind a change to a club in one of the other Swedish Second Divisions.

Standings

Fixtures

HcseH.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shame, good luck finding a new job!

You've certainly got an impressive CV ;)

My CV could be better, only thing I have to boast is that I was once named Manager of the Month :D Only managed to win 1 more game than I had lost :o Win percentage isn't too bad

ReS7m.png

Nordvarmlands FF Job Offer 20/12/15

Looks like I'm going to be the manager of Nordvarmlands FF :D Think they're newly promoted into their division, they've given me a higher wage budget and there's no staff currently there so I can bring in my own staff.

EaHan.jpg

20/12/15: "The Nordvärmlands FF board have announced the appointment of Dean Wakefield as the club's new manager." "Wakefield is said to be relishing the opportunity to develop his football management skills at Nyavallen and the Nordvärmlands FF supporters are sure to be hoping he can make a difference to their team."

Stadium

Name: Nyavallen

Capacity: 500

Stadium Condition: Very Poor

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 102m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length: 115m, Width: 69m

Pitch Condition: Perfect

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Fairly basic corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Basic training facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities

Junior Coaching: Average junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

Affiliated Clubs

None

EaHan.jpg

Nordvärmlands - Swedish Second Division South Svealand - 2016 (Preview)

I hope our league results will be better than our friendlies. 4 friendlies, 3 losses, 1 draw.

Swedish Second Division South Svealand

Worried about the upcoming season having failed to secure at least 1 win in our friendlies, we couldn't even beat our reserve side!

Board Expectations: Stay clear of relegation

Media Prediction: 12th

Transfers (Summary)

A lot of players brought in, hopefully they'll blend well quickly. Thanks again to my scouts who found all these players

Players IN: £0

Lansana Kamara

Matti Ollila

Juho Heiskanen

Christofer Widlund

Fisar Gerxhaliu

Thiago

Rodrigo

Ednei

Filip Andersson

Players OUT: £0

None

Squad

Has been strengthened a lot since I joined. We're very weak in defence which is worrying, so we'll probably try to contain the opposition and hope for the best.

eC16D.png

Finances (Summary)

Nearly in the red already, which isn't a surprise. I expect to see the balance in the red until we at least get promoted.

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £1,897 per week (currently spending £996 per week)

Balance: £667

Targets

Survival. The team's new in this division and had a very weak squad when I joined, so the aim is for us to survive this year and hopefully strengthen the squad throughout the year.

EaHan.jpg

Nordvärmlands FF Resignation 25/8/16

A season to forget. What makes this a 100 times worse is that straight after my 100th game in management, we were relegated. Poor defence and a lack of squad depth is what I believe lead to this horrible season. My scouts couldn't find 1 decent defender which was a joke. 1 win out of all the games as manager of Nordvärmlands FF is embarassing. Decided to step down as managed before I was sacked at the end of the season.

100th game result

Standings

Fixtures

6ahBA.png

Can't really have a much worse season than that, so I'm hoping that my experiences at my next club will be a lot more enjoyable and a lot more successful.

After taking a 1 year holiday from football, I returned after the 2017 season hoping that some club would approach me to be their manager. After declaring my interest in the Kållered SK managerial position, I was approached shortly after.

1YGla.png

Getting paid £20 p/w extra than my last job and a big nice wage budget to work with, how could I say no?

It could be worse. My stint in Sweden (Div 1 South with Hogaborg) on my career ended after 15 league games and just a single point.
Must of been frustrating to watch. It's not nice seeing your team struggle but I guess I should have strengthened my defence first which was probably the teams weakest area when I joined.

V2Fun.png

After joining the club I seen we had a massive debt and after looking at the U18s I decided that the funding for youth recruitment and junior coaching should be cut, a decision which I was very reluctant to make. Hopefully when we're in a better situation financially, we'll be able to increase the funding again.

I also noticed that this club is professional and so is my first professional club. My last 2 clubs were only semi-pro. Good thing about professional clubs is that everyone is on F/T contracts but its a lot more costly to be professional and that I'm guessing that's the reason for the big debt at the club.

Stadium

Name: Kållereds IP

Capacity: 500

Stadium Condition: Average

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 102m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length: 107m, Width: 73m

Pitch Condition: Very good

Facilities

Corporate Facilities: Fairly basic corporate facilities

Training Facilities: Adequate training facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal youth facilities

Junior Coaching: Basic junior coaching

Youth Recruitment: Limited youth recruitment

Affiliated Clubs

None

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish Second Division West Gotaland - 2018 (Preview)

Friendlies were okay, 2 wins, 4 draws, 1 loss.

Swedish Second Division West Gotaland

This team have been finishing around about lower half of the table in recent years. They had a great season in 2016 where they finished 3rd.

Media Prediction: 8th

Transfers (Rt1ff.png"]Summary[/url])

Strengthened a few weak areas in the team though a couple more signings would have been nice. Also signed Noah Fall from my old club Assi IF who was out of contract, he will be a good backup for my current GK who had a great season last year. A lot of players were reaching the end of their contracts and I didn't think they were good enough so I let them leave the club. Hyttinen came from my parent club and I've got him on loan for this season and next season, I'm hopeful that he'll develop quite a lot while here, he's good enough to be in my starting line up.

Noah Fall

Muhamad Dizdar

Charbel Aphram

Karim Aoudia

Ari Hyttinen (Loan: until end of 2019 season)

Sebastian Jaconelli

Johan Persson

Carl Damberg

Kristoffer Nyrén

Franko Moreno Petkovic

Jonathan Stromberg

Jonatan Jovanovic

Albin Nilsson

Johan Rajalakso

Victor Osterberg

Jonas Nilsson

Tomas Ek

Jan Linde

Squad

Quite happy with my squad although it lacks depth in a few areas.

Rt1ff.png

Finances (Summary)

Looking bad. I hope the board will give us cash injections.

Wage Budget: £2,704 per week (currently spending £1,980 per week)

Balance: £394,434

Targets

Survival. The board expect me to avoid relegation and that's what I'm aiming to do. Hopefully we'll do well and finish mid-table.

Must of been frustrating to watch. It's not nice seeing your team struggle but I guess I should have strengthened my defence first which was probably the teams weakest area when I joined.

It was especially frustrating that half the games were pretty close so we could have got quite a few more at least. Your current side looks capable of better.

The squad looks like it has enough to survive :)

If we don't survive then it will be most likely be because there'll be a few long term injuries to key players.

It was especially frustrating that half the games were pretty close so we could have got quite a few more at least. Your current side looks capable of better.

I hate those games. Even though I got relegated, there were a number of games were we should have got the win or at least a draw but hit the woodwork instead of the back of the net :thdn:

Survival should be an attainable goal. Mid-table too :)

Would be nice to get mid-table though with it being my first season in charge I'll settle for just avoiding relegation

Just noticed that he has left Assi IF, this being his first season at a new club and he's an Icon now at Assi IF.

ZKLU5.png

Kezyb.png

7f9qV.png

I have noticed his contract is due to expire at the end of this season so I am considering bringing him in and have already sent my scouts to make a report on him, maybe 2019 will see me reunited with arguably my best signing so far as a manager?

Bit of a rubbish intake. Looks like you'll be relying on free transfers.
Guess you won't be relying on youths anytime soon.

I realise my decision earlier in the season was a risk, but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run.

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish Second Division West Gotaland - 2018 (Review)

Swedish Second Division West Gotaland

Unbelievable season, I thought I had a strong squad but I never thought we'd have a realistic chance of winning the title. We were pretty consistent throughout the season and never really fell any lower than 2nd place. Had a great 6 win streak in the middle of the season which really helped us. We clinched the title on the 2nd last game of the season with a 3-0 win over Jonsereds IF.

I have to say I'm delighted that I've won the title. Was frustrated at Assi IF with my players being so complacent and us dropping points when we really shouldn't have, if my team there kept their focus and our key players stayed fit, we could have made a very good title challenge and probably even won it in the 2014 season. Unfortunately I had a nightmare season with Nordvärmlands FF in 2016, something which still haunts me and I was wondering if any club would ever want to appoint me as their manager after that disaster. Luckily Kållered SK gave me a chance to redeem myself and I certainly hope that I have repaid the faith they had in me by winning this title, something which they didn't expect at all as they only expected me to avoid relegation this season.

Standings

Fixtures

Transfers (since preview) (Summary)

2 players came in towards the start of the season: Adriano and Anton Henningsson, both added some much needed depth to my squad. Halfway through the season I agreed to sign another former Assi IF player at the end of his contract, he was one of the best who came through the youth team while I was there - Jonathan Blomqvist. I'll be looking to use him as a backup next season or may decide to loan him out, depending on other signings. Two players left at the end of the season.

Adriano

Anton Henningsson

Jonathan Blomqvist

Giancarlo Eriksson

Jonas Oscarsson

Finances (Summary)

Looking really bad atm. No cash injections throughout the season didn't help. Thankfully now that we've been promoted, we will hopefully be making a profit every month. Wage budget has been increased shortly after the season was over in preparation for next season.

Wage Budget: £5,172 per week (currently spending £2,293 per week)

Balance: £502,610

Key Players

Ari Hyttinen - Great season from the youngster, I'm lucky that he'll be with us for 1 more season before his loan expires. He's improved quite a lot since joining us on loan and I can imagine him improving even more next season. Possibly a potential Sweden/Finland international in the future? 18 starts, 1 goal, 1 assist and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.06 for his first competitive season in his career.

Niclas Rådefjäll - Most consistent defender throughout the season, now I know why there was a couple of clubs in higher divisions interested in signing him when I joined the club. 19(1) appearances, 4 goals and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.11. I'm hopeful that he will do well next season.

Mikko Ahonpää - Game of the season for him easily had to be the vital title contenders match towards the end of the season against Varbergs BoIS where he destroyed their defence and gave us a 3 point lead at the top of the table by scoring a hattrick. 13(6) appearances, 9 goals, 3 assists and 2 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.02. I've signed him on for another season after his great performances this season.

Targets

Survival. The board expect me to avoid relegation and that's what I'm aiming to do. Hopefully we'll do well and finish mid-table.

Achieved. At the start of the season I was hopeful that I would finish mid-table and we ended up champions instead. Wasn't expecting my first season to go so well.

Other

At the end of season the board decided to give me a pay rise, increasing my wage to £275 p/w. Rolling in the money now ;)

Fans' Player of the Year: Niclas Rådefjäll

Top Goalscorer: Mikko Ahonpää

Swedish Second Division West Gotaland: 1st - CHAMPIONS! (13-2-7)

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South- 2019 (Preview)

Due to the Swedish Cup, we only had 3 friendlies, won 2, lost 1.

Swedish First Division South

Our first season in the Swedish First Division South. The board expects us to stay clear from relegation but the media expects us to finish in the relegation positions. I think we're strong enough to avoid relegation and it will really depend on how we do against all the other teams that are tipped for relegation.

Media Prediction: 12th (out of 14)

Swedish Cup

Board Expectations: 1st round

Transfers (Summary)

Not many changes made. Bogges has been sent to the U19s to develop, not sure if he'll develop to become a key player for the club but I can maybe see him being a backup for the club. Dauda has come in to strengthen my defence and will help us prepare for life without Hyttinen for when his loan expires at the end of the season. He looks like a quality defender and will most likely be in the starting line up alongside Niclas Rådefjäll. Ljungman has given me more options in attack, I've sign him up so I have him until the end of the 2020 season, so he will most likely develop quite a lot while he's here.

A number of clubs have been rumoured to be interested in a number of my players in the pre-season and a few made offers but the biggest offer I received was only around the £15k mark and I believe that I could be getting at least around about £50k mark for some of my players so put up most of their asking prices to at least £100k.

Jonathan Bogges

Johan Ljungman (Loan: until the end of 2020 season)

Bernard Dauda

Sebastian Larsson

Squad

The squads quite strong but we'll need to get a new RB for next season when Ari Hyttinen's loan deal finishes. A number of areas could do with being strengthened so I will be keeping a close eye on my scouts reports this season and hopefully they'll find a couple of players who can help me improve the squad.

vLkAO.png

Finances (Summary)

It's not getting any better, but the season hasn't yet started, so I'm hopeful that we'll start making a profit. Also noticed that the kit sponsorship is due to expire at the end of this season so hopefully we'll get a better deal. In our current sponsorship deal we're getting £12.1k per season.

Wage Budget: £5,172 per week (currently spending £2,954 per week)

Balance: £527,975

Targets

Survival.I really doubt we could get back to back promotions. I don't know much about the teams in this league and how strong they are, so I'm hoping for the best and I hope we'll be able to get some good results this season and avoid relegation.

Good luck with your relegation fight.
Good luck this season, its certainly not been an easy career so far!
Good luck avoiding relegation!

And hopefully not lose so much money.

Best in your fight for survival!

Thanks.

It's taking me a while to get through this season, have my last exam on Wednesday so I'm trying to do revision each day, along with training, so I haven't been getting much of the season done. Halfway through the season so far.

I'm 13 games into the season sitting in 9th place on 16 points. The team in 14th place is sitting on 10 points, so it's quite close.

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South - 2019 (Review)

Amazing how close this division was, we were 4 points away from finishing in 2nd which is a play off spot and 5 points more from finishing in 12th which would have seen us relegated. Very pleased the way the season has went, 5th place is something to be proud of especially as it's our first season in this division. We played very well around about the middle of the season.

Standings

Fixtures

Swedish Cup

Out in the 2nd round, beaten 1-0 by a team from the same division as us.

Transfers (since preview)

No additional players were signed and none were sold. Had a couple of players in on trial but most of them were asking very high wages which I wasn't prepared to pay.

Finances (Summary)

Sadly, being in a higher division hasn't helped our finances. We're not losing as much money every month as we were in previous seasons but it's something that's worrying me. The end of the season has seen the board reduce our wage budget as well which is a big blow to my hopes of signing some quality players before the 2020 season starts.

Wage Budget: £2,964 per week (currently spending £2,127 per week)

Balance: £588,939

Key Players

Ari Hyttinen - Has been improving every year and had another great season, his loan deal is due to expire at the end of the season and I'm hoping that we might be allowed to sign him for another season, would be great if we could sign him for another 2 seasons. 18 starts, 1 goal and 1 Man of the Match award and an average rating of 7.19 for the season. Also now playing for Sweden's U21 team, think he was playing for Finland's U19s not so long ago.

Niclas Rådefjäll - Really surprised he has continued to play at such a good level in this division. Dauda challenged him for a spot in the starting 11 but they actually worked quite well together in CB which meant I pushed Hyttinen out to RB. 15 (2) appearances, 3 goals and an average rating of 7.24 for the season.

Mikko Ahonpää - Another play which has continued to play well at this level. Useful player as he can be used up front or on the left wing. 29 starts, 8 goals and 5 man of the match appearances and an average rating of 7.20 for the season.

Johan Ljungman - First of 2 seasons on loan at the club, cracking season, easily our best striker. I'm glad we're getting great young players from my parent club on loan. 25(1) appearances, 17 goals, 4 assists and 5 Man of the Match awards and an average rating of 7.27 for the season. He managed to break the goalscoring record for this division. It's nice knowing we have him for at least one more season.

Targets

Survival. I really doubt we could get back to back promotions. I don't know much about the teams in this league and how strong they are, so I'm hoping for the best and I hope we'll be able to get some good results this season and avoid relegation.

Achieved. At one stage, it looked like we could possibly get back to back promotions by finishing 2nd and getting promoted via the play offs but it wasn't to be. We also managed to stay in the division which was the main target of the season. Productive season overall.

Other

Received news that we're going back to Semi-Pro status, isn't too surprising, we were losing money every month. Being Pro certainly is a lot better with players and staff being on full time contracts. I just hope that we'll be able to do well next season even though we'll be Semi-Pro.

Was also given a new contract and a pay rise.

Fans' Player of the Year: Mikko Ahonpää

Top Goalscorer: Johan Ljungman

Swedish First Division South: 5th (10-7-9)

V2Fun.png

Kållered SK - Swedish First Division South - 2020 (Preview)

Played the most amount of friendlies I think I ever have played in FM, don't know why my assistant manager arranged so many :confused: 5 wins, 2 draws, 2 losses, hope it's a sign of things to come for the season ahead. We finished pre-season winning our last 4 friendlies in a row.

Board Expectations: Respectable league position

Media Prediction: 8th

Swedish Cup

Board Expectations: 1st round

Transfers (Summary)

Managed to extend Hyttinen's loan deal, got him until the end of the 2021 season :cool: Rest of the signings have helped to strengthen the team, glad we've now got a new GK (Johansson) who should do a better job than our current one in this division.

Noah Fall has left the club, he approached me mid-season in 2019 and requested more first team football, something which I couldn't give him so I told him he could leave at the end of the season. Hallberg has left having played only 6 games last season.

Tony Johansson

Pelle Stenlund ( Loan: Until end of next season )

Kewullay Bangura

Nílson

Muralha

Philip Ahlstrand

Charbel Aphram

Christer Hallberg

Noah Fall

Samih Khodair

Squad

The squads looking strong. Could maybe do with a backup RB/CB to help give the team more depth.

r0fJy.png

Finances (Summary)

Sponsorship stayed at the same level which isn't what I hoped for, at least it hasn't fallen. Hoping to reduce the debt this season now that we're Semi-Pro. If we continue to make a loss, I'm scared that we will go into administration and my hands will be tied meaning that I wont be able to sign quality players for the team.

Wage Budget: £2,967 per week (currently spending £2,323 per week)

Balance: £606,459

Targets

Beat media's prediction. They're predicting us to finish 8th, we finished 5th last season, so I'll be aiming to beat their prediction and finish at least 7th and possibly challenge for that 2nd place play off spot.

Reduce the debt. The debt's getting bigger and bigger each year and I want to put a stop to that and hopefully make a profit this year, reducing the debt.

Sounds a bit stupid, you gain knowledge of a country and its players by managing in that country. Bit similar to a player, he gains knowledge of a country by playing in one of the countries leagues for a number of years.

I agree. I'm almost positive that knowledge used to be gained from both international and domestic club management. Not sure why the need to change.

Shame about the youth again, looks like you've got some good foundations in the league for a real push next year though.

If we don't get promoted this year, I really hope we will next year. It's really close at the top and I'm guessing the same teams plus the team which is relegated from the above division, will be fighting it out for 1st and 2 place next year.

Archived