World FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge In Association with Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy

A dissapointing season ended in Relegation with only 15 points from 34 games, and the sack came for me :(

I holydied till the league reset date to find Rionegro FC had bounced right back up, and I am now their new head coach. Hopefully I can stay clear of Relegation this time.

Congratulations you have won the

Wooden_spoon_award_79T8663_0.jpg

:D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite fancy giving this ago as like a few others i stalled in the original one. Wanted to go in Argentina but i think the league reset date is wrong - It says 1 August so i holidayed to 30 June, and when i go in all the league tables have already been reset etc :( I will perhaps holiday again and try and verify the correct reset date

Quite fancy giving this ago as like a few others i stalled in the original one. Wanted to go in Argentina but i think the league reset date is wrong - It says 1 August so i holidayed to 30 June, and when i go in all the league tables have already been reset etc :( I will perhaps holiday again and try and verify the correct reset date

It resets between July 11 and 18. Never bothered to find the exact date, but it's in the first half of that week.

Beverly - Jimbowmanuk - 2013

League Table

Graph

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Player Stats

Transfers

A bit more of a worrying season for me this time. Started well in the league but then struggled to find any form so going into the last game of the season sitting 2nd bottom and facing the possibility of relegation I managed to rally the troops to win the final game and with results going our way in the other games we jumped from 11th to a respectable looking 8th place. The deadwood was released at the end of last season leaving me with mostly young players. Every game had at least 6 players from the youth intake in the starting 11 so they got a lot of game time with YP12D getting Premier Division player of the year. Managed to get a parent club but all they can offer is a friendly so no extra income which I desperately need. My season tickets remained at 25, which was not good.

Youth Intake

Due to a poor league no player really stands out to show atts for

Next seasons goals: To try and get money in from selling some players

• 3 weeks later...

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

Bravos_de_Nuevo_Laredo.png

duffy89

Needed a wee challenge to tide me over as was getting bored of my current save and this looks like a good un! Say hello to the new manager of Nuevo Laredo.

So I reckon this might be a little on the hard side! Looking at our squad compared to the rest of the league shows the gulf in quality! Unsurprisingly, we're expected to finish dead last this season. My goal for the year?

Cling on for dear life...

Seems to be a clear divide in quality in my team where I've got my real players - semi decent and the regens put in to fill in the gaps - absolutely terrible, my assistant rates them all as half star!

Hoping my youth intake insn't of the same quality of the regens mentioned above!

The Mexican league system is giving me a headache :confused: has any one had any experience with it?

Seems like we've got 2 seperate half seasons - the opening and the closing. I think the top 8 from each season go into a playoff, then the two winners from the two seasons play each other for the one (!) promotion spot at the end of the closing season.

Not sure about relegation though, I know only one team goes down so I'm guessing its a simple case of the lowest total points between the 2 half seasons. Anyway, back to the job at hand, I've only set my self one goal this year: Avoid relegation!

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

duffy89 - 12/13 season

Liga-de-Ascenso1-1.jpg

Liga de Ascenso - Apertura - 10th - League Table

After a shaky start we really picked up steam having an incredible opening season! We hovered around the playoff spots towards the second half of the season and were mcuh closer to the top than we were the bottom. For the closing season I'm simply aiming to avoid the drop again!

Liga de Ascenso - Clausura - 8th - League Table

Well, we carried our good form into the closing season, clocking 3 wins on the bounce and were unbeaten after 5 leading the way at the top of the table! Then of course went on a 7 game win-less streak where our strikers ust could not score. We ended up finishing 8th ( on the same amount of points as the opening season) but somehow it feels worse as we tailed off towards the end of the year. Still an absolutely fantastic season and I would take that again next year!

Transfers - The only time I'll have to go into some detail. I arrived July 21st so all trasnfers before then aren't mine and as mentioned above the two in December were pre arranged!

Player of the Year

Rafael Navarrete - ML - Our most stand out player of the season, was really impressed with this lad. The fact that he was top goalscorer up until our last 2 games from the left wing shows how well he's been playing.

3365286121_7710b7545e.jpg

Youth Intake

A bit of a mixed bag in my first intake with 3 players getting tagged and I'm happy with that. Barragán and Adame look like great prospects and have the potential to be good league players. Lomelí is welcomed with open arms are our current right back is awful! These 3 should see plenty of game time next season.

Player Profile - Jorge Alberto Barragán (YP01a)- DC

Attributes

Player Profile - Guilermo Adame (YP01b) - DL/WBL

Attributes

Player Profile - Ismael Lomelí (YP01c)- DR

Attributes

Season 13/14 Goals:

After a great first season, I've set myself the following goals. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, we need to avoid relegation but hopefully we can consolidate a little and increase our facilities and background staff.

- Avoid relegation

- Bring in coaching staff

- Increase junior coaching

- Integrate youth into senior squad and trim squad

Optional

- Bring in new physio & assistant manager depending on availability

- Upgrade youth recruitment network if possible

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

duffy89 - 13/14 season

Liga-de-Ascenso1-1.jpg

Liga de Ascenso - Apertura - 4th - League Table - Playoffs - Quarter Finals

Fantastic opening season for us this year which saw us hovering around top spot for most of it! Ended up finishing 4th and securing our place in the playoffs. Which brings me on to the corruption of the Mexican league! The draw for the quarters are based on seedings, i.e. the highest seed plays the lowest seeded club. So even if a big club finishes 7th in the league it gets the easiest quarter final game! Furthermore, when a game is tied after 2 legs in the quarters and semis it doesn't go to penalties - the highest seeded team goes through! My as well hand the league to them! So basically, as we've got such a low reputation, every time I get to the playoffs I'll be facing the biggest team!

Anyway, rant over, we drew Irapuato in the quarters and got pumped! The playoffs were a good experience though, coming thick and fast so I need to rotate my squad keeping everone fit for them. Overall, our Apertura season was brilliant though, think the team is starting to gel now.

Liga de Ascenso - Clausura - 10th - League Table

We didn't get off to as good a start as we did in the Apertura but remained solid throughout the season and never fell of the pace, hovering around the playoff spots but ultimately missing out. Still, we were solid all season and beating Irapuato 2-0 away from home was espescially sweet.

Transfers - Nada!

Player of the Year

Jorge Luis Valencia - DC - This guy was a rock at the back all season and bagged himself a few goals too. One of our best players.

Youth Intake

Just one tag given this year but he's a beauty! I was hoping for a couple of strikers but I would have taken a right midfielder as well. He'll rotate with our other winger next year and I'm expecting big things from this kid.

Player Profile - José Manuel Urias (YP02a)- MR/AMR

Attributes

Youth Watch

Barragán (YP01a), Adame (YP01b) and Lomelí (YP01c) have all shown good signs of progression and have put in some decent performances. Lomelí is now our first choice right back although that's not saying much!

Season 13/14 Goals:

After a great first season, I've set myself the following goals. I don't want to get ahead of myself here, we need to avoid relegation but hopefully we can consolidate a little and increase our facilities and background staff.

- Avoid relegation - Achieved!

- Bring in coaching staff - Achieved!

- Increase junior coaching - Failed!

- Integrate youth into senior squad and trim squad - Achieved!

Optional

- Bring in new physio & assistant manager depending on availability - Failed!

- Upgrade youth recruitment network if possible - Failed!

We did so well in the league and I managed to get a couple of coaches in to help with training but unfortunately am unable to do anything financially as we are dead broke! Our gate reciepts are just so poor and can't over our wages, maybe it's because we only charge £2.80 a ticket and £15 for a season ticket! In saying that, even the big clubs in Mexico like Chivas and Cruz Azul charge £7 - £8 per ticket and unsurprisingly they're in debt too.

It's going to make improving our facilities pretty difficult and with no cup runs to go on my only hope is to get into the Premier league asap!

Season 14/15 Goals:

We had a fantastic second season in terms of how we played but finances are starting to look ugly and a little worrying. Hence why I've not set any goals regarding improving facilities. We could still do with some more staff so I'll keep them up.

- Get into playoffs again

- Integrate youth into senior and develop

Optional

- Bring in new physio & assistant manager depending on availability

- Somehow increase finances!

DOing better than I did Duffy!!!

I've found out what my problem was. All 3rd division sides in Colombia are Semi-Pro and have bad squads, so when promotion happens, the squads are not good enough to stay in the league.

That's why you keep them in the 3rd division until you get enough money to change them pro;)

DOing better than I did Duffy!!!

I've found out what my problem was. All 3rd division sides in Colombia are Semi-Pro and have bad squads, so when promotion happens, the squads are not good enough to stay in the league.

Cheers mate, at least we were pro from the start!

Money is the problem for me, I just see no way to raise it! We're about £2m in debt so wont be able to upgrade my facilties for a while yet. The problem is gate reciepts, I can't even make a profit on friendlies as it costs more to invite the big teams than you make from them :(

Cheers mate, at least we were pro from the start!

Money is the problem for me, I just see no way to raise it! We're about £2m in debt so wont be able to upgrade my facilties for a while yet. The problem is gate reciepts, I can't even make a profit on friendlies as it costs more to invite the big teams than you make from them :(

ply your fierce rivals all the time ;) fills out the stadium :D

Any tips I am managing in brazil with operario on fm10. I play a defensive 4-1-4-1 to survive but still seem to concede goals and I play to our strengths with a target man and can't seem to score
erm start paying put some money down a wishing well. play rigid and short passes and corsses only in the air

Any tips I am managing in brazil with operario on fm10. I play a defensive 4-1-4-1 to survive but still seem to concede goals and I play to our strengths with a target man and can't seem to score

Short passing game

Tight formation

Rigid to very rigid, especially if you have a mentally inadequate team

Play 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-1-3 with wingers and set dm's to cover your centerbacks.

CB's should be set to limited defending because at the early levels they are too dumb to play outside of that.

Dont get cute with fluid play until your team gels

Other than that, pray you have a good CB and GK :)

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Amazonas State Championship - Walked it really once i start getting youth through i think i will play mostly them in that league

Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

League Table

Got on ok with the first season in Serie B had a few hair moments but survived and fought against all the big clubs in the division so the future looks promising

Squad

Transfers - Loan players got sent back

Fiances

Youth Intake

YP1

YP2

YP2R

Next Season objective : Survival & have a good cup run

Did it take u that long to get promoted

I would agree with the above guys on tactics: rigid, simple formations are the best. I play a counter 4-4-2 that has put me in good stead.

As for getting relegated from the lowest possible league, I'd imagine that would be game over for you at the reset date but as per the rules you can join the newly promoted team and start again as it were.

On a side note, just had my youth intake pop up in my inbox and I am extremely excited about one particular youth!

Nacional Futebol Clube

100px-Nacional_FC.PNG

Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

Season 6

League Table

The Squad is getting better hopefully i will get closer to finishing in the promotion places all this rest on whether can keep my team together.

Squad

Transfers

Finaces

Amazonas State Championship

Key Players

Paulao

YP2

YP3A

YP4

YP5

Youth Intake

YP6 YP6 Report

Next year objective : Finish in Promotion Places

SLowly improving toon!!! Although i would be worried financially, you are still in the red!! Might give this another try later on.

yeah i noticed just finished the next season i got a nice transfer at the end of that season even though he was my best Midfielder

I might give this a go in Brazil. I'm bored of my Spurs save and looking for a new challenge :)

edit: And so I find myself at... Nacional FC (AM)

Profile: http://i46.tinypic.com/r8s0hg.jpg

I forgot to untick fog of war, which won't make any difference in the long run as signing players is a no go, so I couldn't take a good look at the squads of the three teams on my shortlist. There was a club that had better youth recruitment, but the stadium was only 10k rather than the 46k beast I've got, so Nacional it is.

Wish me luck.

I might give this a go in Brazil. I'm bored of my Spurs save and looking for a new challenge :)

I forgot to untick fog of war, which won't make any difference in the long run as signing players is a no go, so I couldn't take a good look at the squads of the three teams on my shortlist. There was a club that had better youth recruitment, but the stadium was only 10k rather than the 46k beast I've got, so Nacional it is.

Wish me luck.

Good luck with Nacional thats where i am at the moment

I love how you're paying your bank loan back until 2072! Finances are better than mine though toon, we just hit the £2.5m mark!

yeah that kind helps only paying 7k a month but i have a loan debt of 3.8 Million all from the Chairman

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

duffy89 - 14/15 season

Liga-de-Ascenso1-1.jpg

Like last year’s Apertura, we got off to a fantastic start! I was hoping we could keep things going all the way because 1st place buys you a one-way ticket to the semi finals of the playoffs. Unfortunately we couldn’t finish top but managed 4th again, which meant the quarter finals again.

We drew Dorados, who coincidentally enough, had just pumped us 3-0 away from home on the last game of the season. Great. Although we played better than last year, the result was still the same and we crashed out at the quarter final stage.

Liga de Ascenso - Clausura - 1st - League Table - Playoffs - Semi Finals

I can't quite believe this! We usually drop off in the Clausura but aomehow we kept our form up and finished top of the league! That meant we were straight into the semi's, drawing UdeG. We played great in the first leg away from home and should never have lost 1-0. From there on in it was all up hill and we drew 1-1 infront of our home crowd. I'm so gutted as I really fancied this game.

So despite finishing top of the league, we crashed out of the playoffs again. I can take great hope from our performances this year, however. We know we can beat the big teams but we just need to do it when it counts.

Transfers - Nada!

Player of the Year

Benjamin Rodriguez - ST - One of the main reasons we did so well this year. Goals have always been a problem for us but this season, Big Ben turned on the style.

Youth Intake

A great youth intake for us this year with 4 players being tagged. Graniolati (YP03a) looks like a star in the making, he’ll walk straight into the first team and hopefully provide some creativity that we so desperately need.

Delgado and Mora look like 2 solid centre backs so they get bagged and tagged. They’ll be my back up for next year and I think they’ve both got bright futures ahead of them. No more centre backs though please!

Perez gets tagged purely because he’s the only decent striker I’ve had come through in 3 years. He’s not amazing but better than our current back ups so hopefully he can turn into a decent squad player.

Player Profile - Emmanuel Graniolati (YP03a)- MC/AMC

Attributes

Player Profile - Everaldo Delgado (YP03b)- DC/DL

Attributes

Player Profile - Ricardo Mora (YP03c)- DC/DL

Attributes

Player Profile - Salvador Perez (YP03d)- ST/AML

Attributes

Youth Watch

Barragán (YP01a), has now become one of our starting centre backs, forming a good partnership with last year's player of the year, Valencia. Adame (YP01b) and Lomelí (YP01c) both continue to improve nicely. Unfortunately due to a couple of injuries Urias (YP02ca) didn't quite kick on as much as I was hoping this year. He did put in some decent performances though.

Season 14/15 Goals:

We achieved all of our goals this year and indeed exceeded them by our performances in the league. Slowly but surely my coaching staff is growing but there's still plenty of gaps to be filled. We did bring in a new ass-man and physio but only beacuse the other two wouldn't renew their contracts! Finances still remain poor...

- Get into playoffs again - Achieved!

- Integrate youth into senior team and develop - Achieved!

Optional

- Bring in new physio & assistant manager depending on availability - Achieved!

- Somehow increase finances! - Fail!

Season 15/16 Goals:

I want to build on the back of our great performances last year and kick on in the league. Also, with the new youth intake coming through I'm going to try and trim down our squad a little, hopefully freeing up our wage bill.

- Get into semi finals of play offs

- Integrate youth into senior squad and develop

- Trim down squad and free up wage bill

Wish me luck.

Good luck mate!

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

duffy89 - 14/15 season

Liga-de-Ascenso1-1.jpg

Like last year’s Apertura, we got off to a fantastic start! I was hoping we could keep things going all the way because 1st place buys you a one-way ticket to the semi finals of the playoffs. Unfortunately we couldn’t finish top but managed 4th again, which meant the quarter finals again.

We drew Dorados, who coincidentally enough, had just pumped us 3-0 away from home on the last game of the season. Great. Although we played better than last year, the result was still the same and we crashed out at the quarter final stage.

I can't quite believe this! We usually drop off in the Clausura but aomehow we kept our form up and finished top of the league! That meant we were straight into the semi's, drawing UdeG. We played great in the first leg away from home and should never have lost 1-0. From there on in it was all up hill and we drew 1-1 infront of our home crowd. I'm so gutted as I really fancied this game.

So despite finishing top of the league, we crashed out of the playoffs again. I can take great hope from our performances this year, however. We know we can beat the big teams but we just need to do it when it counts.

Transfers - Nada!

Player of the Year

Benjamin Rodriguez - ST - One of the main reasons we did so well this year. Goals have always been a problem for us but this season, Big Ben turned on the style.

Youth Intake

A great youth intake for us this year with 4 players being tagged. Graniolati (YP03a) looks like a star in the making, he’ll walk straight into the first team and hopefully provide some creativity that we so desperately need.

Delgado and Mora look like 2 solid centre backs so they get bagged and tagged. They’ll be my back up for next year and I think they’ve both got bright futures ahead of them. No more centre backs though please!

Perez gets tagged purely because he’s the only decent striker I’ve had come through in 3 years. He’s not amazing but better than our current back ups so hopefully he can turn into a decent squad player.

Attributes

Attributes

Attributes

Attributes

Youth Watch

Barragán (YP01a), has now become one of our starting centre backs, forming a good partnership with last year's player of the year, Valencia. Adame (YP01b) and Lomelí (YP01c) both continue to improve nicely. Unfortunately due to a couple of injuries Urias (YP02ca) didn't quite kick on as much as I was hoping this year. He did put in some decent performances though.

Season 14/15 Goals:

We achieved all of our goals this year and indeed exceeded them by our performances in the league. Slowly but surely my coaching staff is growing but there's still plenty of gaps to be filled. We did bring in a new ass-man and physio but only beacuse the other two wouldn't renew their contracts! Finances still remain poor...

Optional

Season 15/16 Goals:

I want to build on the back of our great performances last year and kick on in the league. Also, with the new youth intake coming through I'm going to try and trim down our squad a little, hopefully freeing up our wage bill.

Well done on Succesful Year how are your Finances looking

Bravos Nuevo Laredo

duffy89 - 14/15 season

Liga-de-Ascenso1-1.jpg

Transfers - Nada!

Player of the Year

Youth Intake

Attributes

Attributes

Attributes

Attributes

Youth Watch

Season 14/15 Goals:

Optional

Season 15/16 Goals:

Well done on Succesful Year how are your Finances looking

Finances are pretty rough toon, losing around 800k per year and sitting at -£2.5m. I'm hoping to cut back on our wages this year as our youth slowly replace our higher earners. For example I'm hoping to replace two senior centre backs who earn around £2k per week with the 2 from this years intake who'll earn around £30 per week!

Hopefully we get higher attendances as well but I reckon I'll be making losses until we can get into the premier league (if we get there). Hopefully Prize/TV money will be a bit better there.

Finances are pretty rough toon, losing around 800k per year and sitting at -£2.5m. I'm hoping to cut back on our wages this year as our youth slowly replace our higher earners. For example I'm hoping to replace two senior centre backs who earn around £2k per week with the 2 from this years intake who'll earn around £30 per week!

Hopefully we get higher attendances as well but I reckon I'll be making losses until we can get into the premier league (if we get there). Hopefully Prize/TV money will be a bit better there.

well put it this way i earned 2, million in my latest season in selling players and at the end of the season i was still 200k :lol: i spend 1.8 Mil a year on the youth set up :lol:

Archived