MikeMagnum's Alternate MLS/North America 2.0 Level 8

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember back in FM2012 I had a long career game as well with The Colonels and really enjoyed taking them up the leagues. Fell in love with this database and really wanted that same experience in 2014.

If I had a lot of spare time I would definitely went more in depth with the level 9 as I like to go from bottom to top as well, and the lower the league the more fun it is for me. I had some experience with high school soccer here in Kentucky as I was one of the assistant coaches for Johnson Central (region 15) so it didn't take long for me to decide to use the high school teams as the level 9 "feeder" for the Appalachian league.

While I appreciate all the hard work you put into this, would you happen to have a working version without the added Kentucky levels?

Not that I will likely go out this far, but I'm just worried that after 100+ years of a long save, without a somewhat nationally distributed bottom level, we'd eventually see an disproportionately large number of Kentucky teams bleed into the upper leagues.

Thanks for the file Golden eagles. One question: I vacationed for a year and many teams at the lower levels still haven't signed any players. Is there a reason for this, or a workaround? Right now if I would take a job at a lower tier I would managing my team against greyed out players (after I buy a squad myself). Thanks a bunch

No it is not supposed to do that. are you running additional databases ? Which countries are active and what game date did you start playing ? If you look at the stages of both cups did the other rounds already play

i just started my second season and don't see those problems myself so i am trying to find out what you did different .

I found out that when you start your game that those cups indeed start in quarter final/final. this automaticly corrects in the second season. l didbt notice it as i holidayed thru my first season. second season of the game the us open cup and canadian cup will start with qualification round.

I found out that when you start your game that those cups indeed start in quarter final/final. this automaticly corrects in the second season. l didbt notice it as i holidayed thru my first season. second season of the game the us open cup and canadian cup will start with qualification round.

Oh, ok then, maybe it happens because i seleced january 2013 as start date.

Please give me any feedback when using this DB good or bad so I know if there is anything that needs to be adjusted. I've tested the DB in holiday mode till 2020 without any issues and am in 2016 in my own career. So that part looks promising.

I noticed a few issues with Canadian teams. A number of them were set to be based in the USA--I changed this to Canada, which seemed to help with player registration. In addition, the St Lawrence league needed a short name.

Nothing really major so far.

• 4 weeks later...

There are some clubs which includes Orlando City, that in their affiliation with other clubs, has the option that clubs cannot belong to the same division.

Once you unthick that option, promotion and relegation should work fine, thus you continue to have the affiliation with that club. No need to erase the affiliation.

Archived