Big Club, Small Country - Challenge

So, I'm currently playing as a really lazy player. Games speed full, commentary only. Champion's League Semifinal against Real Madrid, I get the game going and head over to Youtube.

Safe to say, I didn't expect to see this at half time:

5EBEA6B58AA054AF658C4A889F9DD5FD9A90C32A

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ShyBBaldBuddhist - Good first season there, a bit of a shame with the Champions League but I'm sure you'll win it next year

MattSpurs94 - Great 1st half against Madrid, what was the final score?

I'm going to look at the Clubs with the best youth academy, recruitment and coaching and put it in the opening post. I think there are a couple of South American clubs with great facilities that could be used.

5-0 :D lost the second leg 1-0, but progressed , and we will face Man U

Lost the league on the last day of the season to Udinese :(

Lost the TIM Cup in the final to Napoli :mad:

Hopefully Man Utd don't make it 3 in a row, win that game and then it s onto focussing on Sao Tome once the job becomes available

Inter Milan/Sao Tome - 2012/13

A disappointing end to a promising season ended in success as we reclaimed the Champions League title with a 4-3 penalty win over Man Utd.

How we didn't win the league can be best explained by the schedule for the last 3 games of the season. All 3 in a 6 DAY period. I was not happy. :mad: The players we probably too downbeat for the Cup final, so we lost that too. Oh well, part of the challenge is now complete, so I just need that job to come open. Until more players start coming in, I can't see that happening for a while.

League

TIM Cup

Champions League

On the Sao Tome front, they have played one friendly this year, beating Reunion 3-0. The have friendlies against Chad and Senegal coming up, hopefully a chance for de Castro to earn his first cap.

-----------------------------------------------
| Season  | Position |      Achievements        |
|===============================================|
| 2011/12 |   1st    |      Serie A Winners     |
|-----------------------------------------------|
| 2012/13 |   2nd    | Champions League Winners |

It may be a long wait, because I am still unsure as to whether I will ever be able to take the jib. When I started, I made an extra manager, just to see if I could manage them, but I couldn't. I think it has something to do with the amount of players in the database. not enough to make a proper team from, so it won't let me manage them. Hopefully in the future, that should be fixed, but it'll be something I'll keep my eye on.

It may be a long wait, because I am still unsure as to whether I will ever be able to take the jib. When I started, I made an extra manager, just to see if I could manage them, but I couldn't. I think it has something to do with the amount of players in the database. not enough to make a proper team from, so it won't let me manage them. Hopefully in the future, that should be fixed, but it'll be something I'll keep my eye on.

Yeah just make sure you sign everyone that comes through the youth system as it will stop them from retiring,

Edit: I've just noticed the same thing with Curacao, you could pick them at the start of the game on mine but now you cant some must've retired and reduced the numbers, there is only about 70 players in the search now. I might have to add a league to increase players in the database and hope they come back

My first Sri Lankan Youth Player

Mohamed Jiffry Mohamed Anees Profile - Mohamed Jiffry Mohamed Anees Coach Report

Pretty good but would of preferred 2/3 like some of you guys are getting ..

I also have my first trophy, after the dissapointment of losing in the Community Shield Manchester United beat Fulham 3-2 in the League Cup Final.

I assume he is also part English? Let's hope he doesn't get picked off too :)

Yeah he is .. I think i really need to get on his favoured personal list and get the Sri Lanka job quick sharp ... If that helps him make up his mind!? Anyone know?

I dont want to jinx things but i have a real good shout at a (League Cup, League + Champions League) Treble here .. Just knocked out of the FA Cup on penalties to Liverpool we cant score pens Rooney misses again! :mad:

Tony Hawker - a couple of nice regens there hopefully they stay East Timorese and don't adopt their native land

Brettney1980 - Thats a nice looking Sri Lankan, hopefully he can be persuaded to stay that way

MattSpurs94 - A possible solution to the amount of players for Sao Tome could be resolved by adding the Portuguese League, I may have to add the Dutch league to increase my Curacaoans

RocheBag - Good luck in Germany, What nationality did you make your manager?

Bretney's Manchester United Sri Lankan Adventure: Season 2011/12!

A great season in terms of silverware as we won the treble, ok it was a very good Man Utd squad to begin with and i didn't have too do much ... Never even signed anyone for the first team just a bunch of youngsters with potential.

Premiership Table|Champions League/Final|League Cup

Transfers

In Sri Lanka news the nation has now gone 9 games without a win so hopefully that means the Sri Lankan FA will soon sack Marcus Ferreira.

brettney1980 - well done on winning the treble hopefully you'll not have too long to wait for the Sri Lankan job

Tony Hawker - Great season there with Barcelona, a shame about the cup defeat though. just need to wait on the East Timor job opening up now

MattSpurs94 - I've gone through the official database and there is only 13 Sao Tomans, so you may have to go a few years to try and build up enough to manage them unless plenty of Portuguese regens come through with a second nationality

I've added players in database to opening post countries

Intake just come through at Barca and got lucky with another 4 players. Done a player search and without my youth players there are only 7 listed. Could take a while before the national job becomes a possibility.

Youth Intake

Bell

Jeffries

Rothwell

Woodward

Bell looks like he has a bit of promise. Thats 10 Montserratians at the club now. 8 through the youth system, 1 signed from WBA and 1 grey that appeared in my U-19 squad due to lack of players. As he was there I thought I may as well give him a contract. Think I may have to add the English leagues to try and get a few more through.

adrianomartinezoverview.png

So now playing the Challenge correctly here is my profile.

Instead of Twente winning the League and myself winning the cup, we decided to swap.

Also had my first Andorran through.

nunocarvalhooverviewpro.png

Sorry for the big screenshots, it has been ages since I've used any forum. (I couldn't find 'the globe' Jim.)

2012-2013 Season Review

Barcelona.pngflag.png

Squad - League - Champions League - Cup

Deja vu season. Won the league and messed up at semi final stage of Champions League again. Held a 2 goal lead after the 1st leg and was too complacent in the return. Sent out a few reserves and came a cropper losing 3-0 to CSKA. Was definitely a winnable competition this year. I have had no trouble beating Athletic all season so fancied my chances against them. Still we won the double again so at least we have a few trophies. Spent a lot of the season on holiday and just played important matches. Going to concentrate for the next few seasons to make some key signings and get that CL trophy back to Camp Nou.

In Montserrat news they are currently ranked 203rd in the world. Climbed as high as 196 at one stage but have started to drop again. Still no call up for any of my youngsters which is a suprise. Going to try and give a bit of playing time to Bell and Ince this year to see if we can get them a call up. Have my seasoned pros tutoring the better ones so hopefully they will be ready for first team football soon.

bell.png

Oi Spain. Hands off Bell, he's Montserratian through and through. Hopefully he gets a call up soon. Could cause a rift if I keep pulling him out of call ups to the Spain squad

You do know that players can be capped at youth level for one country and still opt to play for a different eligible nation at full international level, right?

Real Madrid/Curacao - 2012/13 - End of Seaon Report

Real Madrid could only manage a 2nd place in the league again this year, a couple of bad results early on and in any other league in the world we would've recovered but Barcelona were far too strong, We drew with them in November and that was the only points they dropped in the league between the start of the season and 24th February. We got revenge on them in the Champions league however. Beating them 3-0 at home before losing 3-1 at the Nou Camp to put us into the semi's 4-3, we beat Bayern Munich 3-2 on aggregate to set up a meeting with Arsenal in the Final. We dominated the match but found ourselves 1-0 down before giving away a penalty and any hope of the trophy. The Spanish Cup proved to be our only success for the season, never really troubled on route to the final, where we met Barcelona. Having beaten them 4-0 at home 2 weeks earlier the team were confident but I was more cautious, I had no reason to be as we won comfortably 3-0.

League Table

Spanish Cup

Champions League

Curacao reached the final of the Caribbean Cup but were beaten by Jamaica, after loading the Dutch leagues the amount of players haven't increased so I'll give it one more season and if the job is still not possible I will start again with a team that has more players in the database

Season	| League	| Cup		| Europe
-------------------------------------------------------
2011/12	| 2nd		| 1/4 Finals	| CL 1/4 Finals
-------------------------------------------------------
2012/13	| 2nd		| Winners	| Runners-up

After doing some tests, it seems that loading the players of nationality using a continent can open up many of these nations for use. jimbowmanuk, when loading players of nationality North Africa, Curacao came up as manageable. I;m not sure whether all nations can be used, Sao Tome didn't come up when tried with Africa, but this does seem like a solution to the international management problem.

After doing some tests, it seems that loading the players of nationality using a continent can open up many of these nations for use. jimbowmanuk, when loading players of nationality North Africa, Curacao came up as manageable. I;m not sure whether all nations can be used, Sao Tome didn't come up when tried with Africa, but this does seem like a solution to the international management problem.

Originally I was going to do Eritrea but the national team didn't come up when I checked it at the start, so I checked the national teams when I started this save and Curacao were playable but some players must've retired and they disappeared, hopefully when i get round to the next youth intake the Dutch clubs will have a few and they reappear. But with that happening and with your situation thats why I decided to go through the editors database and see how many players were actually in there for every nation. besides I might have to restart soon as I think Madrid is losing patience with me not winning the league as that is what they are expecting each season

I have decided I don't like the uncertainty of known whether or not the Curacao job will be possible with the low amount of players in the database meaning it can not be applied for at present. So I'm restarting this challenge.

Real Madrid have hired former Panama International Jim Bowman to lead them to glory.

Just run a quick test to see if worth carrying my save on with Montserrat. I have run my save on for 3 years to see how many players are coming through at other clubs. Only 15 players available for Montserrat in my database at the moment. Decided it was going to take way to long before the international job became available and will be starting this again with a more viable nation. So...

Former Gambian international Simone Finke takes charge at Man City. Was undecided about whether to go with a big club or start at a lower club for more of a challenge. In the end I figured to go for the cash and the big club to try and get some decent players through straight away. Chose City as they have the players to fit into the formation I play. Chose Gambia simply because FM legend Cherno Samba is eligible. Going to be my first signing :D

Archived