Mitcheldean AFC - Taking my local team from Level 14 to the Premiership!

Tony Hawker

Mitcheldean are my local team, being 15 minutes and only 8.3 miles away (thanks to Google).

Mitcheldean is a small town in the east of the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, England.

History

Mitcheldean was a thriving community for many centuries due to the town's proximity to iron ore deposits. During the 19th century, the town grew due to revenues produced by the local brewing industry, while in the 20th century the town grew further due to the Rank Xerox photocopier factory. Although this industry significantly declined during the latter half of the 20th century, much of the former Rank Xerox site (now Vantage Point Business Village) is now occupied by small businesses, new manufacturing and distribution businesses.

Football teams

The village also has a football club supporting the whole community with three men's teams, a ladies' football team and many youth teams.

There isn't much else information that I can find about them on the internet.

On Football Manager 2012:

Nation: England

Year Founded: 1900 (1912) in real life

Nickname: -

Chairman Status: Happy to stay

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: None

Other Rivals: None

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: £1.00

Average Season Ticket Price: £35.00

Season Ticket Holders: 7

Estimated Value: £180

Continental Competition: -

Media Prediction: 4th

Squad Personality: Fairly Professional

Captain: -

Vice-Captain: -

Facilities:

Name: Recreation Ground

Capacity: 1000

Stadium Condition: Good

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Pitch Dimensions: Length: 102m, Width: 65m

Maximum Pitch Dimensions: Length: 119m, Width: 92m

Pitch Condition: Perfect

Corporate Facilities: Basic Corporate Facilities

Training Facilities: Basic Training Facilities

Youth Facilities: Minimal Youth Facilities

Junior Coaching: Minimal Junior Coaching

Youth Recruitment: Limited Youth Recruitment

We play in the North Gloucestershire Premier Division.

League History:

The North Gloucestershire Association League is a football competition based in England. The league is affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA. It has five divisions, of which the highest, the Premier Division, sits at level 14 of the English football league system and is a feeder to the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League.

The league was founded in 1907 and for more than 100 years has existed to provide safe, fair enjoyable and competitive football for teams in Gloucestershire north of the River Severn.

Among the clubs that have have left the NGL in the past and now compete at a higher level are Lydney Town and Tuffley Rovers.

Minsterworth, the league champions in 2010/11, have been promoted to the Gloucestershire Northern Senior League under the pyramid scheme.

Thanks Welsh Wizard & Johnny Drama!

This really is lower league football, 2nd Friendly against Bradford United and awful playing, awful referee decisions, my player decides to try scoring his 2nd goal in a Maradona-esque fashion, one of Bradfords' players takes a throw in....and that turns into our goal kick as he throws it to noone out past the corner flag, and I realised that as substitutes we have 4 defenders, 1 midfielder and 5 goalkeepers so we spend the last 23 minutes with a Goalkeeper playing as a Left-footed Striker, fair-play to him as he didn't actually do to bad and he had a decent shot blocked. We finished 1-1.

All of that watched by an attendance of 15 people.

Archived