• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - December 2030 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Dec2030_zps8c841db5.png

SATable-Dec2030_zps5c1c1098.png

Just the two Serie A fixtures this month, and we came away from them with six points. The first was a simple win over Lecce. Anton Lazarev, who has struggled for goals this season, hit a hattrick. The other fixture was a tricky looking affair at Napoli, and after five minutes it was made even trickier when Mucum was shown a straight red card. Napoli went ahead soon aferwards, but Gomes did what he was brought in to do and was the decisive factor in the game, as we came back to win 2-1. Superb comeback.

Our next Serie A game after the winter break is away at Parma.

December 2030 Continued

Champions League

CLFixtures-Dec2030_zpsa3acfa8b.png

CLTable-Dec2030_zpsd98a96e8.png

A comfortable win came our way in our final group game to ensure we topped the group ahead of Barca on goal difference. One of few regular firt teamers to play, Victor Palop, was the decisive factor with both goals.

We have been drawn against Porto in the 1st Knockout Round.

Club World Cup - Semi Final And Final

CWCSemiFixture-Dec2030_zps7a7caa6e.png

A very simple win over the African Champions League winners from Tunisia. Sebastien Legrand, who has really been inconsistent this season, smashed home four of the goals to seal the win.

CWCFinalFixture-Dec2030_zps59820aed.png

This was a stonking performance against last years winners of the Club World Cup. We may not have taken the lead until the 35th minute, but we totally dominated throughout the game. Legrand banged in another four goals to give us the 5-0 win, meaning he had smahed an amazing eight goals in two games!

Another excellent month and congratulations on the CWC :thup:

Thanks. :thup: Now it's time to really build up a big lead in the league before the Champions League resumes in February, thus allowing me to rest players.

Congrats on all your success with Inter

Thanks. :) Hopefully there's more to come this term.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - January 2031 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Jan2031_zps160adf51.png

SATable-Jan2031_zps7e37bc61.png

Well three wins from four games, but the defeat against Juventus has set us back ever so slightly.

We coasted to victory at Parma thanks to Victor Palop and Sebastien Legrand, who carried on his form from the Club World Cup. Catania were then brushed aside with ease, Alessio Bani hitting a brace and youngster Mourad Gharbi netting one. Relegation threatened Roma were then thrashed at the Giuseppe Meazza with Bani again hitting a double. Substitute Sebastien Legrand added two more late on the make it a real hammering. The month finished with a trip to Turin to face Juventus, and they won a tight game with a goal as early as the ninth minute. A draw would have been fair, but we remain more than comfortable at the top of the table.

We next face Verona at home.

Coppa Italia - 1st Round and Quarter Final

CIFixtures-Jan2031_zps4791e732.png

We managed two very comfortable wins over two Serie A opponents in the Coppa Italia thanks to our back-up and younger players. Mucum was in lovely form during both games, scoring two against Chieve, and then assisting both against Udinese.

In the semi finals we face Juventus, with the first leg at the Giuseppe Meazza.

Transfers

A couple of young players joined the club during the January Transfer window, and both of them look like good prospects for the future;

Claudio Villarreal

This deal has been in place for sometime, and he has developed well at Rosario Central before joining up with us. He has 3 and 1/2* potential so will be a very good player in the future given the right traning, etc.

Luis Gomes

Superb looking young player. He has joined on loan from PSG for the rest of the season for a fee of £375,000 and can be bought for £14.25million. Due to his 4* potential, that option will definitely be taken up!

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - February 2031 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Feb2031_zps66dcf0d6.png

SATable-Feb2031_zps3d8ba9ac.png

A near perfect month with just two points dropped at Sampdoria, but even that was a good point. We started by thumping Verona 5-0 at home with Gomes getting a couple. The draw at samp followed, but after trainling 2-0 after just 34mins, the point in the end was a good one. We then put in an exceptional performance to win 3-1 away against Fiorentina, largely down to an excellent performance from Mucum. The month finished with two 4-1 wins at the San Siro againt Palermo and Sassuolo - Alessio Bani smashed in all four against Sassuolo!!

We head to Ascoli for our next Serie A game, looking to increase our lead at the top even further.

February 2031 Continued

Coppa Italia - Semi Final, 1st Leg

CIFixtures-Feb2031_zps34575d75.png

We won, but conceding an away goal could come back to bite us on the bum. We went ahead after 13mins, but Juve equalied on the stroke of halftime. However we grabbed a winner with just a few minutes remianing.

The second leg is in early April.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 1st Leg

CLFixtures-Feb2031_zps4a2c12c8.png

What a cracking firt leg win! Alessio Bani rounded a stonking month for himself with a brace, finishing the month eight goals! He hit the first, before Anton Lazarev got the second to put us 2-0 up after just fifteen minutes. We added the third just before halftime, before taking our foot off the gas in the second period and settling for an impressive 3-0 win.

The second leg follows in a few weeks time, but I really can't see us not going through to the next round.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - March 2031 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Mar2031_zps4f037273.png

SATable-Mar2031_zps68cedd89.png

Four routine wins without conceding a goal - I couldn't have asked for a better month. I've got to be perfectly honest and say no one player really stood out this month as we weren't al the spectacular. I guess young Brazilian goalkeeper Edson is the one who deserves the most praise; since displacing Maxi Garuti earlier this term he has reallt excelled, and keeping four cleansheets in a month is a very good effort.

We face a trip to Udinese next, and depending how results go we could lift the title against great rivals Milan on April 23rd.

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round, 2nd Leg

CLFixtures-Mar2031_zps0ebcb936.png

Not happy in the slightest. I rested a few players after the 3-0 win in the first leg, but after flying into a two goal lead after twelve minutes, we really should have given them a beating. However, they were level by halftime, and late on grabbed a deered winner. Still, we head through 5-3 on aggregate.

We face Juventus in the quarters, with the first leg at home. If we go thrugh, we'll face either Genoa or Mancheter United.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - April 2031 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-Apr2031_zps17dd47b9.png

SATable-Apr2031_zpsc352991b.png

The title has been secured!

We started the month with just our second defeat of the season away to Udinese. We took the lead halfway through the first period but they his back just before the break. We were poor in the second half and Udinese really pushed us, grabbig a well deserved winner in the 89th minute. We bounced back superbly in the next game, thrashing Chievo 4-0, and then snook a 1-0 win at Genoa. The Milan derby followed, and we went into it knowing a win would secure the title. The boys were magnificent from the off, and we won 3-1 to secure our third title in a row. The month ended with a solid 2-0 win away at Lecce.

Up next is a home game against Palermo.

April 2031 Continued

Coppa Italia - Semi Final, 2nd Leg

CIFixtures-Apr2031_zps774f3c1a.png

A very good performance all-in-all to send us through to the final 4-3 on aggregate. What was disappointing was that we did actually lead 2-0 at one stage, but I can't really deny that on the balance of the gam Juve deserved atleast a draw.

In the final we face Genoa.

Champions League Quarter Final And Semi Final, 1st Leg

CLFixtures-Apr2031_zpsbbbc2c93.png

Two brilliant performance against Juventus a we thrashed them 5-0 on aggregate. Sebastien Legrand hasn't had the best of seasons but has stepped up in alot of big games, and it was no different in the first leg as he scored one and assisted one to help us to a 3-0 win. For the second leg I made one or two changes, but we didn't disappoint as we won 2-0, Gomes grabbing one of them.

We were drawn against my former side Manchester United in the semi finals, and in the first leg this month we were simply fantastic. We flew out the traps and lead 3-0 after just eleven minutes. Just six minutes into the second half Anton Lazarev made it four with his second of the game. United pulled one back soon after, but Matija Piskor rounded things off with just four minutes to go to put us a great position heading into the second leg.

Announcement

I'd just like to apologise for taking a bit of time over the end of the current season, and indeed the rounding off of the save.

Over the last few days I have been fairly busy with certain things in my personal life, aswell as my copy of Football Manager 13 arriving. Since then I have been doing some edits to the game and whatnot in my free time instead of concluding my FM12 save.

Please bare with me, the thread will be finished off by this time next week at the latest.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2030/31 - Inter Milan

Coppa Italia Final

How We Got To The Final

CI-HowWeGotToTheFinal-2030-31_zpsd2be626a.png

We put in a couple of solid if not spectacular performances in the 1st round and quarter final against Chievo and Udinese, but that was really down to me resting players. In the semi finals we faced rivals Juve, and in the firt leg we snatched victory when the game was drifting toward a 1-1 draw. In the second leg we nearly blew it; despite leading 2-0 after 63mins we let them back into it at 2-2, but we held out to take the tie 4-3 on aggregate.

The Final

vs.Genoa

CIFinal2030-31-vsGenoa_zpsfbeae3a3.png

Not at all a great game, but I would say we deserved it. We took the lead early, but Genoa came back into it and grabbed a well deerved equaliser ten minutes into the second half. The game looked to be heading into extra time, when Gomes grabbed the winner in stoppage time from the edge of the box. I brought him in to produce in tight games, and he did it!

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - 2030/31 - Inter Milan

Champions League Final

How We Got To The Final

Group Stage

CLGrpStage-2030-31_zps0a34549b.png

CLTable-Dec2030_zpsd98a96e8.png

I was absolutely thrilled with how we did in the group stage of the competition, as we won five of our six games to top the group on goal difference ahead of Barcelona. Beating them at home and then running them so close in the Camp Nou was extremely pleasing, especially the manor of the victory over them as we came from behind very early on. Aside from the Barca games we had four very comfortable wins over CSKA Moscow and Wisla Krakow to help see us through to the next round.

Knockout Stage

CLKOStage-2030-31_zps4931925f.png

In the first knockout round we faced Porto, and in the first leg in Portugal we put in a great performance winning 3-0. For the second leg I rested a few players, and after racing into a 2-0 lead we surrended far too easily as Porto came back to win 3-2. I was furious to be honest, but atleast we were through to the next round, 5-3 on aggregate.

The quarters saw us drawn against Serie A rivals Juventus, and we put in two hugely classy performances. We blew them away in the first leg, and could have won by more than the final 3-0 scoreline. In Turin for the second leg, we played an exceptional counter attacking style and throughly deserved our 2-0 win. The tie finished 5-0 on aggregate - a real lesson to our rival.

My former club Manchester United were our opponents in the semi final, and with the first leg at home we knew taking a lead to Old Trafford could be vital. What we did was beyond my wildest dreams. To thump them 5-1 was just unreal, and one of my greatest wins at Inter. United played much better in the second leg, but we defended well and in the end deserved the 1-1 draw to take the tie 6-2 on aggregate.

In the final we face French side Paris Saint Germain at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff.

Team News

A fair few young players are ineligible for the match due to the home grown rules and the number of young players I have brought in from other clubs. Aside from that, Gavin Kearney was omitted from the Champions League squad in January due to a lengthy injury, and although he has recovered fitness, he is of course unavailable. The only regular first teamer missing is left Nicky Fogg, who tore a hamstring a month or so a go. All I had to worry about was certain selections; stick with young Edson in goal or turn back to Maximilliano Garuti? Will Brian Roberts keep his starting role after some excellent recent form? Decisions, decisions........

Edson

Deak - Henry - Radu - Goga

Piskor - Collado

Loboyko - Victor Palop - Lazarev

Bani

In the end I did decide to stick wth Edson in goal - his record this season speaks for its self. At centre back it was in actual fact an easy decision to go with the experience of Henry and Radu. This season Matija Piskor has performed much better than last, so he got the nod ahead of youngster Ray McGuinness who has been so impressive during my time at the club. Victor Palop tarted ahead of Mucum in the AMC role, and Alessio Bani started upfront ahead of the more experienced man Gomes.

In the final game of my twenty year career, a fairytale ending surely awaits...................or does it?

The Final

vs.Paris Saint-Germain

CLFinalvsPSG-May2031_zps3b2a898e.png

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to end my career!

It wasn't a great final, certainly not as exciting last seasons 4-2 win over Tottenham, but we certainly deserved it. Our shooting boots weren't quite there, but a 1-0 win no less than we deserved. The goal from Alession Bani was lovely, as he picked it up outside the area and turned his man before smashing home. There were a couple of hairy moments late on, but we coped well enough to see the game out.

Not at spectacular, but I was thrilled.

Inter_Milan.png

Thomas Lewis' Career - May 2031 - Inter Milan

Serie A

SAFixtures-May2031_zpsf622247f.png

SATable-May2031_zps83832cc7.png

A superb end to the league season, as we won all four of our games in May to go beyond the 100pts barrier. Things got going with a comfortable home win over Napoli at home, before we saw off Palermo much more comfortably than the 2-1 scoreline suggests. The final home game of the season was against Parma, and my god did we throw a party for the supporters. We completely took the Crociati apart with some stunning football, particularly in the second half as we added five goals after leading 3-0 at the break. The curtain came down on the season with a routine 2-0 win at Catania, with Alessio Bani taking his Serie A goal tally to a whopping 28!!

This was the clubs third title in a row since I joined, and fifth in six years.

May 2031 Continued

Coppa Italia - Final

CIFixtures-May2031_zpsde93640a.png

Not at all a great game of football, but the end of it was stunning as Gomes struck in stoppage time to give us a 2-1 win. Genoa probably deserved something, but I was pleased we didn't need extra time with the Champions League Final just days away.

Champions League - Semi Final 2nd Leg and Final

CLFixtures-May2031_zps54ca8d20.png

After thrashing United 5-1 at the San Siro in the first leg, we finished the job off with a good 1-1 draw at Old Trafford in the second leg to win the tie 6-2 on aggregate.

In the final we faced Paris Saint-Germain, and like the Coppa Italia Final, it wasn't by any stretch of the imagination a vintage finale to the competition. We won the game 1-0 thanks to an Alessio Bani strike with jut over twenty minutes, and thus ensured we retained the trophy.

Archived