From Level 14 to Level 1? No sweat!

Alex2011

As the title suggests, my aim in this career is to take team from the 14th level of the English football pyramid to the Premier League. To do this, I will be using Golden Eagle’s Level 14 update.

Originally, the plan was to play as my local team in the Southampton Saturday Football League, but unfortunately the league wasn’t included in the database so I had to change plan.

Whiteparish FC are an amateur team located in Salisbury, Wiltshire, who play in the Salisbury & District Division 1. Upon first glance, the squad seems very good for this level, but with very little room to move financially we could start to struggle later on in the season! Here's some information and facilities for you as well, if you're into that kind of stuff.

In terms of season length, it’s very short. Ten league matches plus whatever cup matches we may find ourselves in. I’ve no doubt this will increase as we (hopefully) progress up the leagues, but with my history of Football Manager that could take a while!

The only rule I’m setting myself here is that if fired before I reach Level 6 (Blue Square North/South) I can only apply for jobs around the Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset area. After all, you wouldn’t expect a part-time/amateur football manager in Wiltshire to go trotting off to Manchester, would you?

Updates will be monthly – due to the short seasons this could mean two or three a night for the first few seasons. When we start to play more games per season, the updates will slow down, as it takes me a while to get through games and seasons.

Finally, don’t go expecting any miracles! My best FM achievement was getting Luton promoted to League 2 on FMH2010, so don’t expect me to get to the Premier League in 14 seasons!

Manager Profile

Season    League                              Position      Europe      Other
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12   Salisbury & District Div. 1         ?             N/A         ?

OMG, you don't know how long does it take to play 1 day on this DB... I waited even for 15 minutes sometimes on a Core i7 PC with 8 GB RAM
I'll admit, it is a bit on the slow side, but I have other things to be doing at the same time so it's alright.

On a side note, I've just remembered that amateur leagues means players coming and going as they wish, so there's gonna be a lot of transfers!

Is the game stable? I read the thread after it's release and a lot of people are posting about various issues.

I haven't had a chance to play it that much yet, but apart from a few niggles (e.g. lowercase letters on team/league names) it's good. As I said in the first post, the team I planned to be wasn't in the database, and from I can understand there were a few other leagues that should've been but weren't included.

Also, thanks to everyone who wished me luck, I should have a preseason/July update up tonight. :)

I'm starting to think this may not be possible. After two evenings of playing this I've only played 4 friendlies, and that's with the Assistant Manager taking control. I would love to continue it but I'm thinking that it would take me to FM13 to just finish one season at this rate! I'll give it a little longer but I may just request to get this thread locked and then start a new career with a smaller database.

After much thought, I've requested for this to be deleted. Once that's done, I'll be starting up a new career in charge of a different team from a different country. Apologies to anyone who was interested in seeing how this developed, but the loading times really were excruciating. Thanks for your support anyway :)

Archived