Slovakian adventure - SFM Senec

Jpr

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy birthday to Jpr's girlfriend.

HC are you some sort of odd stalker? You managed to post it at midnight of her birthday haha! but thanks :)

May be without internet on my computer for a while as I may or may not have spilt a beer on my upstairs router >.>

Hopefully get it sorted soon because after my computer I don't want to go back to playing on my laptop and I can't be bothered to copy all the screens over to upload. Taking a short FM break will give me renewed enthusiasm on my return though and I'm hoping that will help our season.

Ok the updates will start flowing again soon...

Just fired it back up, accidentally watched a very boring cup game and confused the media :D

screenhunter01feb022238.jpg

Posting a profit!!!

Though with a youth spend so high, I am looking forward to our intake this year...

screenhunter02feb022250.jpg

Mid-Season update

After a terrible start to the season, which I'm putting down to playing Euro games after a tiny pre-season (usually about 16 days from transfer window till first league game) we have recovered, winning a lot of games and getting ourselves a good cup run, though playing Dun. Streda 3 times in 7 days after the winter break will be crucial to our season.

sksfmsenecfixturesfixtu.png

The league looks like it will be a battle for second place, with Trnava running away with it at the moment. The financial rewards Trnava are getting from their European run will no doubt allow them to strengthen their squad in this transfer window. I will show a European summary for Slovakian teams at the end of the season

slovakfirstdivisionover.png

Our players took a long time to get started but since Dinus return, we have definitely been improving

sksfmsenecsquadplayers7.png

Key Players:

Marian Michalko Y1 AMC: What can I really say, this kid is still only 20 and keeps getting better and better, is our attacking spark most of the time, though he scored 4 goals in 1 cup game so his total 8 goals is quite misleading

Marek Beno Y5 ST: Was our only source for positives at the start of our season, being the only player to put in semi-decent performances on an almost regular basis, at 19 he could still become a good striker for us.

Lukas Horvath Y7 AMC: Our second AMC Youngster and at 18 looks a good prospect, pity that in the formations I've tried him and Michalko don't work too well together, has held up the AMC spot in our cup games (though against terrible opposition most of the time!) and is a good back up to Michalko.

Marcel Farkas Y8 MR: Currently only a rotation option but has impressed in the cup, his stats aren't much to go by at the moment but at 18 I am hoping this kid is a late bloomer and will blossom into a great winger for us.

Season Goals:

I'm looking to win the Slovak Cup and push Trvara as far as I can to the title, anything lower than a second placed league finish without the Slovak Cup will disappoint me, though I have no doubt we will achieve the board expectations of a respectable league position, having already exceeded expectations in both cups.

Youth Intake:

Never going to complain with this but, I do wish we'd get some more midfielders or defenders in with decent starting ratings, too many good strikers coming through!

sksfmsenecyouthcandidat.png

Definitely not complaining about this guy, looks like a certain star of the future!

emilsudimaky11stovervie.png

Cup Semi's

The semi-final was with Dun. Streda, away first. We went 1-0 down and down to 10 men (losing star man Michalko Y1 AMC) in the first half but managed to win 3-1 after some inspired changes (4-1-3-1) allowed one of our young strikers to bag a few goals and an assist. Forgot to screenshot the game though :rollseyes:

The second leg was all action and finished like this:

sfmsenecvdunstredasplit.png

So we are now finalists, and in some style, The final will be against Trnava... So we get the Europe spot it gives as a guarantee but with it being against them, it's more than that. We have no official rivalry with them but I think we should do, I want to end their dominance.

League

Trvara were crowned champions with 5 games left, we're in the battle for 2cnd place and have been playing well. Will leave that till the end of the season though...

The final

trnavavsfmsenecsplitvie.png

I feel sorry for them, I really do. We didn't deserve the win as they were on top all game, their fault for not putting away their chances though!

Lined up with a 4-1-4-1 but when young midfielder Kotora got injured we risked a 4-1-3-2, which somehow allowed Marian Michalko Y1 AMC to break behind the lines (from CM?) twice to square it to Marian Dinu, who usually misses those kind of chances!

We won £11k and paid out £6k to the players haha!

In the Euro Cup next season in the 3rd qualifying round. Will actually be worse for us financially if we fail to win that tie...

Season Review

We ran the season in with some good results and form, though it didn't stop the battle for second place coming down to the last two games.

screenhunter01feb110137.jpg

The 5-0 against Banksa Bystrica was not only impressive, it also ended their hopes for second (as ourselves and Nitra played in the final fixture) but it also gave us the goal difference to come second!

screenhunter02feb110137.jpg

Players

Only one player managed to get into double figures for goals this season, our 2 and a half star rated old timer striker, injuries didn't help but it shows a problem that needs addressing.

sksfmsenecsquadplayers8.png

Key Players:

Lukas Horvath Y7 AMC: Really started to develop well and our best regular player over the whole season, can score and provide, looking forward to see if this guy can become as good as Marian.

Marian Michalko Y1 AMC: Another good season, often missing because of suspension and injury but Horvath covered well, mental stats are looking great and I'm hoping for more progression on his technical stats.

Marcel Farkas Y8 MR: All round improvement has been noted from this lad, as well as becoming fully functional at MR and soon ML too, making him even more useful as a squad member.

Marian Dinu: Always struggled since I signed him as a youngster, might be time to let him go but with those stats I know he can deliver the goods, as seen in his end of season form where he scored 5 in 4 games.

Stanislav Luptak: Had a good debut season out on the left side of midfield, works hard and for someone with a heading rating of 3 he scored a lot of headers haha.

Finances:

sfmsenecboardroomfinanc.png

Finances are terrible, with £900k going out on youth expenditure, though this year we gained over £300k prize money and £230k in sponsorship. The £330k loss I am hoping to reduce season on season, maybe by selling players, who knows.

The new youth facilities were cancelled too, have to stick with the renting of the current ones for longer.

Goals for next season:

Not many transfers need to be made as I have so many quality youths waiting in the wings, though I do have a keeper on the way in as our inherited keeper has now passed 30 and I managed to pick up a 20 year old better than him who was approaching the end of his contract. I will be in the market for a central midfielder to take the pressure off our current players and allow for better rotation, I may swoop for a striker if I see a bargain too...

New keeper

Our seedings have dropped, despite Trvara getting to the champions cup group stages, finishing 3rd and losing to Inter in the first knockout round of the Euro cup.

Also our ranking in Slovakian football has dropped, we won the cup and finished 2cnd but oh well :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Been thrown a few curve balls recently but I think I'm ready to settle back into FM...

Pre-Season Preview

We started our season with a 3-0 loss to Trnava in the Super cup final, we can beat them on our day, that most certainly was not our day...

We are also awaiting our Euro Cup 3rd round qualifier draw, I'm hoping for something easy, we could do with the revenue.

Squad:

sksfmsenecsquadplayers9.png

Supposedly we have a decent squad coming along, but notice how the teams best player in my time here (Lukas Sebek) is only rated as 2* ability, 68 goals in 125 appearances tell a different story.

Youth

sksfmsenecunder19ssquad.png

I'm slowly filtering the youth system, making it so only the decent prospects get in, as you can see we still have some no hopers lurking but they will disappear over the next few years if possible.

We have some good prospects in the youth system currently,

Emil Sudimak Y11 ST: Looking good for 16 but I won't expose him outside of the cup unless my hand is forced by fixture congestion and injury.

Michal Kovac Y9 ST: A fast striker who had an ok debut season last season, started this one badly coming on as a sub in the cup final and missing a penalty, could be a big player for us this season.

Peter Pleva Y12 DC: Despite the fact I mis-numbered him I think I have it correct ingame now haha. Very much a raw talent, but the first half decent CB we have produced, I really am hoping this guy will come through and develop even stats.

Transfers:

We made 3, the goalkeeper mentioned earlier, a young right back and only our second ever purchase for money rather than preying on frees.

Alexandr Nevinskiy: It isn't often we shell out a transfer fee but this guy is much needed, already past the majority of his development but a damn sight better than the frees available in a spot that we needed to fill.

We've drawn M. Petach-Tikva from Israel in our Euro cup tie,

Banska Bystrica drew H. Tel-Aviv with Nitra drawing FC FB Salzburg, I think we may have the best of the draws but even so they have this striker who I think is really quite good for 34 and Israel...

omergolanoverviewattrib.png

We are 11th from 12 after 3 games without a win yet, better news in Europe though...

Bystrica went down on away goals to Tel Aviv Whilst Salzburg made a mockery of Nitra.

I think I was right saying we got the easiest draw and after taking an early lead in the away we shut up shop and the game finished at 1-1, for once it was a defensive performance I was pleased with.

The second leg required us to be in control from the start, we scored early but left it late to make it a sure thing. Pretty annoyed only 1000 fans come out for the European home games though!

sfmsenecvmpetachtikvain.png

This win gave us £250k in prize money we desperately need and a spot in the next qualifying round, where we could potentially draw Manchester City, whom we did avoid, but by no means did we get an easy draw; I expect we won't win this tie but we will give it a go!

dniprooverviewprofile.png

The only match data I have for them is them beating Kovice from my league, 4-0 away from home. That does not bode well!

4th Round Euro Cup Qualifier

We went out playing way too defensively and it's disappointing I underestimated my own team when we maybe could have done better if we played our own game, went for it late on in search of an away goal but just couldn't get the chances.

dniprovsfmsenecinformat.png

We played much better football at home and I'm disappointed they held us to the draw, we need to finish our chances.

sfmsenecvdniproinformat.png

Dniprov went into group G with Anji, Villareal and FK Austria Wien.

Trnava drew Fenerbahce, Sheriff and Leverkusen.

Tough break in Europe :(

Although you can be proud you get the club that far!

Kind of glad we didn't get to the groups, it would have meant a lot of money and maybe even finally turning professional but with our current league form and lack of squad depth, the extra fixtures may well have turned us into relegation candidates haha.

A very good career so far. Unlucky in Europe but as you said getting to the group stages may have actually been a bad thing. Good luck! :thup:

Especially if we get a cup run going, which we are. In the second round we had a home tie against non-league opposition, in which we won with the youth team 3-0. We've drawn Trencin, relegated from the top division 2 seasons ago in the 3rd round at home, so providing we don't make any howling errors we should be in the last 8 at least.

So we have an away game against bottom of the league Duslo Sala, end of the first half.

duslosalavsfmsenecsplit.png

Somehow we managed to pull it off, talk about leaving it late! My players and their terrible finishing will eventually give me a heart attack I'm sure.

duslosalavsfmsenecinfor.png

Paid £50k for this guy 4 seasons ago, he is now by far the best player at the club as his stats show

mariandinuoverviewattri.png

These are his stats for this season

mariandinustatsplayings.png

Yes, thats right, 34 hours without a goal. Torres from Moldova...

Won our quarter final of the cup, with some help from the ref !

sfmsenecvmoldavainforma.png

Annoying how 3 times as many fans come out for a cup tie against a team in the division below compared to a European qualifier though.

Yes it looks that way but we had most of our team away with their international teams. Luckily our reserve DM has nerves of steel with penalties and we scored from a corner, watching one of our unknown youth strikers miss so many opportunities was painful haha.

Approaching the winter break, Trnava have already built up a title winning lead but everything else is open. Hoping for some good wide midfielders in March from the youth intake.

• 2 months later...

Not a huge update tonight as I'm working through the winter break, 3 months of solid friendlies and U18 games, blooding my youths big time! :D

Youth intake soon as well :)

in the mean time, here is an update on Trnava, on the upside they just sold their best striker! However, they managed to make a cool £1.75m on him in 3 years...

screenhunter01jun150046.jpg

They have a good team and a good business plan too it seems, it will take me a long time to catch them but eventually I will :)

youth intake day:

Over £1m a season for one player with gold ability stars, and to make it worse, our 3rd player in AMC.

screenhunter05jun150201.jpg

To be fair though, this guy will be a star. No idea what formation I will have to use to fit all these attacking players in!

screenhunter04jun150200.jpg

Good to see you back. Somolani looks like a great prospect, could you not retrain him as a MC and play him in an advanced playmaker role? Looks like he will need some tutoring aswell if you have any players worthy of doing that.

I did think about retraining him, but I think his defensive qualities aren't up to scratch to make him a central player. He does look like he could make a good inside forward though. He will be retrained as a left mid :)

Updates will now be monthly, it's easier :)

March Update

A great start to the month, but all in all, a bad month.

screenhunter07jun151341.jpg

Not been good for our position in the table:

screenhunter06jun151340.jpg

Hopefully we can make up some ground and prove last season wasn't luck.

It works for Spain it can work for you :p

That tactic was a one game wonder, I think it's best if I don't say any more!

The best player at the club is still going through a bad spell in front of goal:

screenhunter11jun151526.jpg

Yes, 22 hours without a goal. 22!

At the bottom though you will see that Marek Beno ended his 10 hour goal drought, a goal that gave us a crucial 1-0 victory to keep us in contention to finish in the top half. They make a really good strike partnership, honestly!

April + Slovak Cup semi final update:

First up the league, we've had ok form but play Dubnica next, who are mounting a late and most likely futile push for the title, 5 games left.

screenhunter12jun151650.jpg

Now here are the fixtures, showing the matches of the month. The second leg of the semi was in May but I included it here for ease.

screenhunter13jun151651.jpg

As you can see we played 3 games against Trnava, improving with each game but still we are nowhere near them. The first cup tie was surprisingly close and the stats were even, just not the goals.

In the second leg we pinned them back getting an early lead. despite dominating the game they got one back on the counter near the end. I don't think anybody expected us to retain the cup though!

The lack of European football next season will hurt, a lot.

End of season report

Remarkable. that is all I have to say...

screenhunter16jun151749.jpg

We have secured Euro Cup Qualification! We enter in the second qualifying round, hopefully we can progress.

This was achieved thank to a rare unbeaten month, we had favourable opponents and a tactical reshuffle allowed our youth players to flourish, though personally I think that an injury to Marian Dinu is what triggered the revival, we play so much better without our 'star player.'

screenhunter15jun151749.jpg

In terms of player performance, our best consistant player was Peter Postrik at right back who joined on a free at the start of the season.

screenhunter17jun151751.jpg

In terms of youth players we had several stand out candidates, who I will show below:

Lukas Horvath Y7 AMC: Had a good season acting as a deputy to Michalko, though when I played them together in the last 5 games they tore teams apart. 4 goals and 6 assists from 18 appearances is good for a young talent.

Marian Michalko Y1 AMC: It is quite obvious he is too good for the club, his mental stats are amazing for a 22 year old and his technical and physical stats are still improving. Scored or assisted 16 goals in 27 appearances, good but I expect better from this guy.

Marcel Farkas Y8 A/MR: A brilliant season for this young winger, 8 goals 4 assists in 23 league games, mostly towards the tail end of the season when he was in excellent form. I hope he continues to develop because he plays above his level already.

Marek Beno Y5 ST:[/b]Had a good season, apart from a 10 hour goal drought in the middle... Though I think he is close to fulfilling his potential now, but he should be a useful player for us for many seasons now.

U 18's:

Thought I'd show you what they get up to as we have so many good players in there:

U19 league They were leading till the end when they lost a few in a row and threw it away.

Youth Squad: Lukas Kral and Tomas Kuzma really impressed, they weren't originally identified as Y marked players, but if they keep being involved in a goal a game then I will have to think about if they can place in the first team.

Cup final, it was unfortunately decided on penalties but all credit to them for getting there.

Finances

Still terrible, they always will be.

Link

we spent £1.1m on the youth setup this season, maybe I should ask for it to be downgraded...

Archived