The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back from the game today and i thought the Gers played really well considering they fielded a very young and inexperienced side on the plastic surface. Dunno why they played Mols though even though he played well and looked comfortable on the plastic pitch before he got sent off, Fetia should have started. Dunfemlines defending and lack of closing down was atrocious they are gonna get pumped at hampden next week if this game is to go by. Anyway well done on Gers fielding so many u21 players they'l be back soon in a year or 2 icon_smile.gif

• SI Staff

I hope you're right Turps... we've got a few good young players that will hopefull make up the squad so that we won't need to bring in people like Ostenstad and Emerson.

I just hope they are given a chance and not sold like is happening to MacLean icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Why did Lovenkrands go off? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A subtle hint from the manager that he can gtf?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Why did Lovenkrands go off? icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A subtle hint from the manager that he can gtf? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Just back from the game today and i thought the Gers played really well considering they fielded a very young and inexperienced side on the plastic surface. Dunno why they played Mols though even though he played well and looked comfortable on the plastic pitch before he got sent off, Fetia should have started. Dunfemlines defending and lack of closing down was atrocious they are gonna get pumped at hampden next week if this game is to go by. Anyway well done on Gers fielding so many u21 players they'l be back soon in a year or 2 icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif Strange game to go to Turps? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jimbhoy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rosco Van Nistelrooy:

Just back from the game today and i thought the Gers played really well considering they fielded a very young and inexperienced side on the plastic surface. Dunno why they played Mols though even though he played well and looked comfortable on the plastic pitch before he got sent off, Fetia should have started. Dunfemlines defending and lack of closing down was atrocious they are gonna get pumped at hampden next week if this game is to go by. Anyway well done on Gers fielding so many u21 players they'l be back soon in a year or 2 icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif Strange game to go to Turps? icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I go where the money is Jimbo! and youll be pleased to hear i was gonna square go some Hun who was giving it the big 1 icon_wink.gif but the stone island was clocked and the bottle crashed icon_biggrin.gif

Everyone is slagging Rangers but today with 10 men and only 3 experienced players over 24 they showed some real team spirit and secured a gritty victory on an unorthodox surface. Pars were poor however but two great strikes! Only a fool would right off Rangers icon_wink.gif

P.s Big Eck has aged about 10 years in the last 6 months, most the fans were chanting his name tho i reckon he will turn it around icon14.gif

Good call - I thought Burke was the standout player by a mile and destroyed the Pars time and time again. Hutton and Zurab played Brewster well IMO - although Hutton is probably a better right back - as Ross was ****e. I thought McGregor looked suspect throughout but made two cracking saves.

Where were you sitting ? I was in the main stand with some Pars fans and saw the Police charge over to the far side of the stand when Mols was sent off. Aparantly someone threw something.

And Vidmar - Adam played well - being down to 10 men he didn't have much scoop for attacking but worked hard down the left with Vanoli

Rae lands dream Rangers move

Rangers have confirmed the signing of Alex Rae from Wolves as they allowed Emerson to leave Ibrox.

The Scottish midfielder, who is a lifelong Rangers fan, is out of contract at Molineux this summer and has signed a two-year deal with the Glasgow giants.

Rangers director of football business, Martin Bain said: 'We are delighted to have signed Alex on a two-year deal.

'He is a Rangers die-hard and has already asked to room with our new signing Jean-Alain Boumsong on our pre-season trip.

'He has told us he wants to educate him on the traditions of the club.

'He has told us he is going to give us everything as we attempt to win back the title next season.

'That is exactly the type of player we need in our dressing room.'

But Brazilian misfit Emerson has been allowed to leave after failing make an impression at the club.

Bail told the Daily Record: 'After a lot of negotiations with Emerson, we have struck a deal and the player is now a free agent.'

The club are trying to strike a similar deal with Nuno Capucho, who has also struggled since his arrival from Porto last summer.

Ding dong the useless brazillian is gone \o/

I just hope Rae doesn't mistake getting booked every week for a sign of his commitment to the cause.

Still, if Arteta stays he might thrive with someone like Rae doing all the dirty work that he can't bothered to do himself.

Rae is possibly the type of player you need but who knows how often he'll be injured or suspended.

There has to be a question mark though that Alex McLeish or Martin Bain haven't learned anything from last summer. Why give a 2 year deal to Rae, exactly they gave to Emerson and Capucho, and are now in the process of paying off thereby costing Rangers more money. icon_confused.gif

Yeah i agree a one year deal would have been more sensible, but if the man does a job for one year of his contract he'd have been worth it IMO, he is just a stop gap.

Plus i dread to think what the alternative would have been had we missed out.

http://tinyurl.com/2htev

Damn bigots giving us a bad name icon_frown.gif

PS anyone interested in half a tin of yellow paint? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't even try to take the credit for that and anyway, there is absolutely no way that was written by a Rangers fan. Surely you all know how to spell "surrender". icon_smile.gif

Archived