The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

supposedly rangers have singed and sealed Roger Garcia from Villareal, according to Guilleme ballage on sky sports and the sspanish press.

believe it when i see it tho <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not strictly true, it's actually Gerry Garcia. icon_biggrin.gif

(One for the oldies there!)

Boumsong welcome's Dado and two more 'Major' players

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> But Prso’s fellow Ibrox new-boy Jean-Alain Boumsong welcomed the capture of his French League rival.

And he insists the Monaco ace’s mental strength will inspire Gers to compete at the very top level.

Defender Boumsong, who will quit Auxerre for Ibrox in the summer, said: “I’m delighted that Dado is joining Rangers as well as me — he is a very good player.

“The club’s management asked my opinion of him, and I said it was very favourable. Although I don’t yet know him very well, I’m aware he is a nice guy.

“He has come back very strongly after injury, and this shows his levels of mental strength. That is essential to be able to play at the highest level.

“I was aware that he was going to sign for Rangers. It is evidence of the club’s new recruitment plans, and demonstrates their ambitions.

“I know that they still want to bring in two more major players.â€

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Snippet from Prso's comments

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> He said: 'We have signed Jean-Alain Boumsong also and he is a very good defender. And I have been told another top player will come to the club this summer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see Stevie Crawford is thought so highly off icon_frown.gif

Frank de Boer is off to join his brother

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Rangers defender Frank de Boer has revealed his intention to leave Ibrox at the season's end and join brother Ronald in Qatar.

The former Ajax and Barcelona man joined the Old Firm giants in January after an unhappy spell at Turkish side Galatasaray.

De Boer, Holland's most-capped international, had hinted at a contract extension with The Gers but he has now confirmed his intention to join his brother in the Middle East after next month's Euro 2004 finals in Portugal.

"I had promised my brother Ronald I would go with him to Qatar," de Boer told Uefa's website.

"That's more the issue than anything else. Maybe in my heart, I wanted to stay but we made a pact to go at the same time and that's it.

"This was always going to be a big year for me as captain of Holland and I'm grateful to Rangers for giving me the opportunity to restore my fitness and confidence before Euro 2004."

The de Boer brothers will make their Ibrox farewell on Wednesday evening when Rangers host Hearts in the club's last home match of the season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>From Planetfootball

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rangers manager Alex McLeish has promised he will be making more signings this summer.

The Gers have already captured Jean-Alain Boumsong and Dado Prso for next season as McLeish bids to make a stronger challenge to Celtic.

Emerson, Nuno Capucho and Mikel Arteta are all expected to leave Ibrox in the summer with McLeish telling the Daily Record: "We will make one or two announcements before the end of the season but we are not ready to do it just yet.

"Improving the first team is the priority for me because we didn't do that last summer but first we need to wait and see if certain situations develop before other things can happen.

"It's vital the fans see there is still a lot of ambition at this club although we have to be careful on the financial side."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Emerson, Nuno Capucho and Mikel Arteta are all expected to leave Ibrox in the summer with McLeish telling the Daily Record: "We will make one or two announcements before the end of the season but we are not ready to do it just yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's going to be stupid enough to take Emerson or Crapucho off our hands?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

They'll end up having to pay off both their contracts no doubt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought Emerson was on a rolling pay as you play type deal, so maybe it won't cost them too much. Feel free to correct me on that icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by player_65:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Haz5168:

They'll end up having to pay off both their contracts no doubt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought Emerson was on a rolling pay as you play type deal, so maybe it won't cost them too much. Feel free to correct me on that icon_smile.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My understanding was that he had signed a two year deal with a low(ish) basic salary (12,000 a week was the figure I heard) which increased to 25,000 in the weeks he played. Of course that may all be complete nonsense.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> MICHAEL MOLS has revealed that he could quit football in the summer completely and become a travel agent!

The Dutch striker is set to bid his farewells to the Ibrox fans tonight in the final home game of the season against Hearts after five rollercoaster years at Rangers.

It is not certain that the 33-year-old will remain on the playing side when he walks out of Ibrox for the last time.

However, he has hinted that he could start up a travel business with former Ibrox team mates Arthur Numan and Bert Konterman where he would organise football packages from Holland to Scotland.

He said: “I need to sit down and discuss things with Arthur and Bert. There is a possibility that we may start our own travel agency and create packages for football fans in Holland so they can come over to Scotland for the weekend and go to matches.

“This started off as a joke but it has become more serious as we all love Scotland and think it may be a good idea. I can organise the hotels, Bert can organise the football and Arthur can organise the nightclubs!

"I will go back to Holland and sort out my stuff there and go on a holiday with my family. Maybe I will come back and live in Scotland or maybe play another year somewhere else. I will have to wait to see. If I have a good feeling about something I will do it.

“I know for sure that it is going to be very sad for my family. My wife and son really enjoy life in Scotland. My son, Nino, does not understand that I will not be playing for Rangers anymore. I try to tell him this and he says why do you not go to play for Celtic, Kilmarnock or Dundee and I tell him this is not going to happen!

“Whatever happens I will always come back to Scotland and will continue to be one of the club's biggest supporters.â€

Tonight will also be the final Ibrox appearance for Ronald de Boer although he is fighting to be fit with a thigh injury and is likely to come off the bench near the end of the game.

It will also be the last appearance of his brother Frank, who is joining Ronald in the Middle East.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Numan organising the nighclubs icon_biggrin.gif nice one Arthur.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GP1873:

I thought Frank de Boer has been good since he has come to Rangers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was good as a spare man in a back three, but his distribution was first class.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Toner:

MICHAEL MOLS has revealed that he could quit football in the summer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought he had already quit last summer icon_wink.gif

surely the BBC have other commentators who could have done this game? icon_frown.gif

we've got 2 sheep lovers who are also tic fans gloating about Rangers losing, hopefully Rob bogs off to Setanta next year so one man and his dog can listen to his absolute pish icon13.gif

oh and no you cant, we are playing awful though, flat atmosphere and a flat performance icon_frown.gif Hearts have played aright though, certainly have a game plan for tonight and it seems to be working

• SI Staff

So was it just as well I didn't see the game tonight then?

What sort of a reception did Mols get when he came off, and what about the de Boers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TM:

surely the BBC have other commentators who could have done this game? icon_frown.gif

we've got 2 sheep lovers who are also tic fans gloating about Rangers losing, hopefully Rob bogs off to Setanta next year so one man and his dog can listen to his absolute pish icon13.gif

oh and no you cant, we are playing awful though, flat atmosphere and a flat performance icon_frown.gif Hearts have played aright though, certainly have a game plan for tonight and it seems to be working <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob "Wee Eck" McLean can go back to his season ticket on the Club deck at Ibrox and leave us all in peace! icon14.gif

Even for Ibrox that has to go down as one of the worst atmospheres ever. As a Hearts fan I know this sounds hypocritical, but sometimes you wonder why some fans even bother turning up at game. Maybe Rangers wouldn't have struggled as much as they have done this season if the fans had shown a tad more patience, as i've said, Hearts fans can be just as fickle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Rangers struggled because they were sh|te m8, dont blame the fans. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, but the times I've been through at Ibrox in the past the fans have also helped the team give that little bit more.

You know what they say about us Hearts fans icon_wink.gif we have a soft spot for the blue half and it's kind of sad to see how their fans have embraced the team this season.

_Big Sam is hurting_

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has launched a blistering attack on Dado Prso and his agent after the Monaco striker reneged on an earlier agreement to move to the Reebok Stadium and signed for Rangers.

Allardyce revealed that the club had agreed terms with the Croatian international six week ago, and the Trotters boss is livid that the 29-year-old and his agent Richard Bertoni sealed a deal with Rangers without notifying him.

Bolton had hoped to sign Prso on a free when his contract expires at the end of the season. But the striker will now join Rangers and according to Allardyce, he has demonstrated a lack of ambition by choosing to 'play in a lower grade of football'.

"I am bitterly disappointed that he has joined Rangers after we'd agreed terms with him six weeks ago,' Allardyce told the Manchester Evening News.

"A deal had been agreed between the player and his agent for him to join us once he had played his last game for Monaco in the Champions' League final later this month.

"I can't believe, at the 11th hour, he has turned us down. What makes it even worse is the fact that the player and his representative, Richard Bertoni, have not had the decency to contact me regarding their situation.

"Rangers are a massive club, but Prso has chosen to play in a lower grade of football. That tells me that he lacks ambition.

"We could have given him the perfect platform and offered him a new challenge of displaying his skills in the most competitive league in the world and within a very talented squad of players."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow allardyce gtf. he seems to think anyone cares about bolton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gearóid:

mols was unlucky, he really should have been fb, a real class act :-/ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think mark hately summed it up quite well when talking about mols - he felt so sorry for himself after putting in the hard yards to get back on the pitch you have to wonder why he bothered coming back at all... he wasn't half the player he was before that kahn 'tackle'.

Saying he felt sorry for himself is a bit harsh - but you have to understand that he must have had terrible frustration when a key part of his game was using his turning skills to create space and with a dodgy knee that was taken away from him.

I'd give him credit for the effort he made to get back and I'm sure he is one player who goes with the very best wishes of all Rangers fan.

Archived