The Glasgow Rangers thread : Season 03/04

Ter

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

Its go faster stripes for diving, as we are starting to copy ra sellicsk style of play according to the press. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's all the fuss, you did it first! icon_wink.gif

absolute gash last night, Hutton made a major boob as he is prone to do every now and again (made 2 major errors v Celtic), unless he improves alot over the summer he won't make it at Ibrox and will join the long list of what could have beens.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vidmar:

absolute gash last night, Hutton made a major boob as he is prone to do every now and again (made 2 major errors v Celtic), unless he improves alot over the summer he won't make it at Ibrox and will join the long list of what could have beens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where does Hutton play? How's that winger doing, whatsisname, um, Burke? The one who looked fb in the last televised Rangers v Celtic game anyway...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArmedJimmy:

I well feel ripped off! I bought "this seasons away top" and they couldnt even wear it for the whole season icon_mad.gif

The new one looks no too bad tho. Plenty of people wearing it on Saturday in the stands. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

celtic did the same thing. i really like the black and gold one they borught out last season. now there's another new one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deerokus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ArmedJimmy:

I well feel ripped off! I bought "this seasons away top" and they couldnt even wear it for the whole season icon_mad.gif

The new one looks no too bad tho. Plenty of people wearing it on Saturday in the stands. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

celtic did the same thing. i really like the black and gold one they borught out last season. now there's another new one <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the 3rd strip/Euro strip,so I've heard.The Old Firm seem to exploit anything for money nowadays...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stan petrov:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deerokus:

celtic did the same thing. i really like the black and gold one they borught out last season. now there's another new one <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was the 3rd strip/Euro strip,so I've heard.The Old Firm seem to exploit anything for money nowadays... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair rangers made it clear that the red/white away kit was for 1 season only and that from next season on all kits will last 2 years with home and away changeing in alternate seasons, so no more both changin in the one summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty Food:

Where does Hutton play? How's that winger doing, whatsisname, um, Burke? The one who looked fb in the last televised Rangers v Celtic game anyway... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hutton is a right back who was moved to centre back last night at half time.

Burke is a great wee right winger who found a good match in Patrick Kisnorbo last night, he gave away a few inches and stone on the hearts defender and in all honesty had an average game, but was always hungry for the ball and always looked dangerous.

If he was 4-5 years older and had broke into the side when Advocaat first took over and played on the right instead of kanchelskis theres no telling how far he could have went in the game, he would have slotted into that team perfectly, but next year is a big one for him no doubts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fozza:

to be fair rangers made it clear that the red/white away kit was for 1 season only and that from next season on all kits will last 2 years with home and away changeing in alternate seasons, so no more both changin in the one summer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

this seems to be the policy that all big teams operate now...

absolute gash last night, Hutton made a major boob as he is prone to do every now and again (made 2 major errors v Celtic), unless he improves alot over the summer he won't make it at Ibrox and will join the long list of what could have beens. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

******** - He was excellent against Celtic. Thompson never got a sniff against him and Pearson was equally ineffective. He is a vast improvement on Maurice Ross. He looks like a Gary Stevens in the making.

I'll agree he had a good game, but he made 2 major errors mate, 2 that should have led to goals but from poor finishing, Suttons header in the box and when Larrson robbed him of the ball on the edge of the box because he was fannying about.

And then he made the mistake against Hearts, its somthing i've spotted he does from time to time and he must cut it out before next season when it could actually cost us a game that means somthing, and he'll have made a rod for his own back and end up a scapegoat like Mo Ross and bob malcolm.

One thing i do like about him though is that i've seen him go into 40-60 or 30-70 challenges and come away with the ball, he has potential no doubts.

From the Records...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

GRAEME SOUNESS is ready to plunder former club Rangers again – and this time his target is winger Peter Lovenkrands, according to reports in today’s Daily Record.

Record Sport can reveal Souness has made enquiries to find out if old friend David Murray and manager Alex McLeish, who have edged closer to landing Millwall’s Tim Cahill, would consider selling the Danish flyer.

And, even though they made it clear they have no plans to let Lovenkrands leave, Souness may test their resolve by making an offer.

Sources in Lancashire are now hotly tipping Lovenkrands to join former Ibrox team-mates Barry Ferguson and Lorenzo Amoruso at Ewood Park in time for the start of next season.

Souness is understood to have received glowing recommendations from both of the Rangers old boys who have urged him to bring Lovenkrands south.

It’s unlikely Rangers would even consider allowing the 24-year-old Euro 2004 hopeful to move for anything less than £2 million.

Even if Souness could raise the cash, he may not regard it as value for money, especially as Chelsea winger Jesper Gronkjaer – who is well ahead of Lovenkrands in Denmark’s plans for this summer’s championships – is on the verge of moving to Birmingham for just £1.5 million.

Ironically Birmingham boss Steve Bruce has also joined McLeish in the hunt for Aussie playmaker Cahill, the driving force behind Millwall’s run to the FA Cup Final.

Everton are also believed to be hot on the 24-year-old but Rangers feel they have manoeuvred themselves into the position of favourites.

McLeish, though, will have to find around £3 million to take Cahill from the New Den. He has twice been voted Millwall Young Player of the Year and is a hero of their fanatical fans.

And it was Cahill’s goal against Sunderland that gave Millwall their place in next weekend’s showpiece with Manchester Utd in Cardiff.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd take £2m for Lovenkrands quite happily icon14.gif

One thing I've been wondering for a while is why so many Rangers fans seem to have something against Maurice Ross. I reckon he's a fairly decent player, and I remember somewhere in the middle of the season he got a run of games and from what I could see he was doing quite well and then he was left out the team again. Personally, I prefer him to Hutton who makes too many mistakes(although I still think Hutton will be a good player if he can get that out his game), and he also provided a good attacking outlet down the right hand side. So I was wondering what people seem to see the problem with him as?

He is seen out boozing by alot of Rangers fans and when they approach him he tends to be quite un welcoming. What that quite has to do with his footballing ability i do not know, When he did start having a good run of games soon came to an end when he had an alleged bust up with Eck, but i think he's a decent attacking fullback and is a good squad player.

as Vidmar said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rangers may not risk Frank de Boer(Achilles) and Steven Thompson (knee).

Youngsters Bajram Fetai, Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack, Gary McKenzie and Bob Davidson are all in the squad.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mon the Fetai, McCormack upfront icon_cool.gif and McKenzie was the lad who played against Motherwell wasnt he? give them all a chance, it's a meaningless game icon14.gif

and....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rangers manager Alex McLeish says Peter Lovenkrands will only be sold if he can replace him with a better player.

Newspaper speculation on Friday suggested that Blackburn manager Graeme Souness was preparing an offer for the Danish winger.

But McLeish says he would only consider a bid for the player if he was able to bring in a higher quality player.

The Rangers boss insisted he would not be discussing player comings or goings further until the end of the season.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

is there a Trash down in Blackburn to meet Pistol Pete's needs? icon_frown.gificon_wink.gif dont really want to see him go, he's still got the talent to do a job next year icon_smile.gif

Looks like we will find out by Wednesday who will be staying at Ibrox and who will be going of the 1 year contract mob

Michael Ball, Shota Arveladze, Craig Moore, Fernando Ricksen and i can't remember who else.

Only team news is the provisional squad from yesterday

Rangers (from): McGregor, Hutton, Khizanishvili, Ross, Vanoli, Ricksen, Arteta, Hughes, Lovenkrands, Burke, Mols, Fetai, R de Boer, F de Boer, Thompson, Robinson, McKenzie, McCormack, Adam, Davidson.

Don't expect to see Frank or Thompson so it's a pretty young team that'll be out(probably)

talking about Ball, I saw a story in the papers during the week that he had a 50 game clause put in his contract by Advocaat which meant Everton got 500k and he's on 49 games, so he wont start another game for us as it's too costly - if it's true, shame for him as we dont really have another left sided defender except for Vanoli icon_frown.gif

Charlie Adam, Ross McCormack and Maurice Ross in, Mikel Arteta, Frank de Boer and Thommo out.

McGregor, Ross, Khizinashvili, Hutton, Vanoli, Burke, Hughes, Ricksen, Adam, McCormack, Mols

bench : Lovenpants, Robinson, MacKenzie, Fetai and Bob Davidson.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Rangers outcasts Emerson and Nuno Capucho claim they are being victimised after being made to run around a reservoir instead of going on holiday.

They have been told to find new clubs after disastrous debut seasons.

Emerson told The Scottish Mail on Sunday: "We don't understand why we have to stay while everyone else is on holiday - it is discrimination.

"We are surprised that a club of Rangers' stature would treat international players like this."

Midfielder Christian Nerlinger and striker Egil Ostenstad had also been made surplus to requirements and accepted pay-off deals.

But midfielder Emerson and winger Capucho are sitting tight on contracts that still have a year to run.

Emerson future unsure

But the pair claim that they are being victimised by having to run around Mugdock Reservoir instead of training with team-mates at the club's £14m Murray Park complex nearby.

And they say they have been told to carry on doing so even after the other players have gone on holiday.

Capucho added: "I would like to go home as soon as possible because my wife needs me.

"She is pregnant and we are due to have a baby in mid-June."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh boo hoo hoo icon_frown.gif they've basically been on holiday for most of the season anyway, so they cant complain.

I still want to get rid of them though, can see them being a disruptive problem next year if we dont get shot of them icon13.gif

• SI Staff

What an idiot... was lucky not to be off a couple of minutes ago. Should have been hauled off right away once he was losing the plot.

Captain for the day and all... what a ****ing joke. You have let down yourself and your team mates Mols.

BEAT IT icon_mad.gif

Archived