Who's gonna hire me this time?

JerseyShoreDave

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning the CL with Algard is just really special, great job :thup: Oh and Euro 2020 didn't look too bad either!!

I have to ask now, whats the future hold? Trying to dominate and build an even bigger legacy with Algard or maybe a new challenge?

@hursty2 - Yep indeed its great :)

@Lenzar - I just number my players by who is the best, my keeper is my 3rd best player.

@deltablue which final Swiss winning the Euros or CL? lol

@abulezz Thanks, never saw Bin Khalifa do anything more then a hat trick... that final was amazing, made me want to try for the World Cup.

@city2000 I'm sticking where I am for now, my young team is really jelling, I'm keeping my star players happy as Souza is considering a new contract. I could of jumped ship but I think this offer from Manchester City would of made things too easy to dominate... Manchester City offers me a contract. Their manager retires after dominating the English Premier League for 3 straight years, and they offer me a war chest of 77 million, and I can increase the weekly salary by 1.1 Million. I still lost the European Super Cup to Manchester United so I'm definitely not unbeatable, so there's still work for me to do. I can't pay the very high salaries everyone else does. Assuming Souza and Diallo accept the new contracts they'll make a whopping 12,500 pounds/week.

We also won the World Club Cup, In the semi's we faced Cruz Azul. They took the early lead but by half time we made it 2-1... before ending it 4-1. In the other semifinal match River Plate lost to Persepolis of Iran who we beat 2-1 in the finals.

Swiss Update 2020

Swiss Fixtures

We started the year beating world champions Wales 1-0.

Australia then beat us 3-2 in a friendly that made us mad :(

We beat Croatia 3-1 in the next warm up to the European Championships.

and in our last one we tied the USA 2-2.

After the Euros we started world cup qualifying with a 1-0 win over Bulgaria, then we faced Luxembourg which provides no competition where we won easily 4-1. We then played Wales to a 0-0 tie and beat Armenia 2-0. We are in first place in our qualifying group with 10 points. Wales also has 10 points but we have double the goal differential.

We ended the year with 2 friendlies. One with Norway where we tied 1-1 before get destroyed by Portugal 6-3.

Our Key player for the European Championships was Nassim Ben Khalifa and here is his stats... which isn't as good as most of my strikers on Algard :)

Our Confederations Cup Draw isn't an easy one... we're going to play against Souza :(

2020 Algard Update - Norwegian Premier League

You all already know we won the Champions League, Lost the European Super Cup, and won the World Club Cup.

I am the 2020 Norwegian Manager of the Year!

Our shareholders stole 3.2 million!

Our Budget - 9.26 million war chest, and the ability to double our weekly player salary, not bad at all.

We moved into our new Stadium... The Algard Stadium!

Our league DROPPED 3 spots to 14th... we'll see how it goes next year this year Rosenborg made the Europa Cup Group stage, and Brann was with me in the Champions League Group Stage which should improve our presence next year.

As a result of winning the champions league we moved up 31 spots to 13th best club in Europe

We won the Norwegian Premier League but our secondary team failed us too many times, the result was closer then what it should of been but we got some great young home grown players that will supply us with a sweet secondary squad.

In the Norwegian Cup it was pretty much cruising thru the rounds... the final was a little tight but we brought home in usual style.

Champions League Odds are 18-1 of winning it after we won it last season.

We automatically qualified for the Champions League Group stage as did Brann. Brann had Leverkusen, SLB, and Olympiakos. They ended up with 1 win over Leverkusen, and a tie vs both SLB, and Olympiakos. They ended up in 4th place but they are a good team who can smash my 2nd tier squad at times.

Our Competition was the team we beat to win it last year, Valencia, Juventus, and AA Gent.

Everything started good with a 2-1 away win at Juventus, and a 3-1 home win against AA Gent. We went to Valencia and earned a 2-2 tie and played them at home and got a 0-0 tie as well.... then Juventus came over and we tied them 1-1 and then we went to Gent where they beat us 1-0 in a match that we dominated but couldn't finish...

In the first Knockout Round we play... Manchester City :(

We are getting 2,750 MORE seats installed at our new stadium!

Finances - Just under 35 million in the bank, and thats with the stadium expansion and better training facilities for the team!

Season Ticket Sales - went from 3865 to 4313!

Next update will be The Starting 11 who led us to glory, the xfers, and what's next???

Algard's Squad, Transfers, and the Future!

The Squad - The A Team is stronger, the B team is a bit weaker. Overall their values are rising which shows how good they are... we got our first 10 million pound Bid for a player but I'd never sell him for that...

The Transfers - We got some back up players to replace those leaving, most of the purchases were U19s for that team. Our big spending was on a home grown midfielder to flesh that out a bit. Going out were a couple whiners who requested termination when no one wanted them. Most surprising is the kid that went to Newcastle played 5 games for them and now he's valued at nearly a Million, and to be honest he wasn't worth a dime lol... We have a couple of nice transfers in the works, I'm hoping to get this killer Argentinian midfielder on a free in August...

The Starting 11

I know many of you are wondering about how to build such a great team, and how to follow in my glory and greatness. It isn't easy to be this grand, but I do try to be modest when explaining it, and I'm sorry but being this great... I just can't explain some things as much as some would like, this is just the reality of being this damn good. Now without revealing the details of my greatness... I play with a 4-3-3 setup, I play to possess the ball, control the middle, and crack the oppositions defense like a battering Ram.

The players that can play this system along with what I consider the top 3 substitutes... and 1 future Superstar!

Jose Maria Lopez Berrocal The 23 year old Spanish Goalkeeper is the heart of our Defense. He got his first 2 national team caps as well this year. He played 45 games this year, conceded 36 goals, had 15 clean sheets, and 4 MOM performances. He's nowhere near his prime and at the Continental Level of play I think he's doing awesome for his age, I can only imagine how great he'll be at 30.

The Defense

Emmanuel Osagie Our 20 year old Nigerian International is the first player we have that recieved a 10 million pound bid. He's our starting Left back, but can play central and right if necessary. He doesn't go forward much, he's pretty much content on the backline, which at our level is a welcome sight. He isn't the fastest player, but his composure, positioning, tackling, marking, and heading skills are what make him great. In 35 appearances he has 2 assists and 2 MoM performances and has an average rating of 7.43. He is also part of the Nigerian National team with 9 appearances this year. He'll be a star for the next decade.

Jose Manuel Abundis is our 24 year old Mexican central defender and is a regular on their national team. He was hurt a bit this year and having 8 games for Mexico limited his time on the field but his contributions were needed this season. In 30 matches he scored 6 goals with 9 assists and got 9 yellow cards... many at bad times. But being such an influencial tackling player who rarely messes up in the back, I expect that from him.

Knut Wilgohs is our 22 year old Norwegian Central defender who recieved his first 4 caps for Norway this year. He isn't the most gifted but he does get the job done. In 34 appearances he scored 5 goals, had 2 assists, and had 1 MoM performance. Its quite possible with some of the future homegrown talent that Knut loses his spot, but time will tell. For now he helped us win big this year.

Brainimir Milovic is our 22 year old Croatian right back. He had his first 2 caps this year for Croatia. He can play all 3 defender roles with equal skill, but he prefers being a right back so he plays there the most. With the versatility of potential roles he can play he's a star a right there. He's aggressive and is a fighter. Like Emmanuel our Leftback, Milovic doesn't go forward that often as you'll see in his stats. In 32 appearances he scored 1 goal, with 2 assists and picked up 7 yellow cards. His stats might not ring greatness but his performances are.

The Midfield

Oliveira is our 26 year old Brazilian Midfielder for the club who had a great season for us. Since he's been on the team he's been a top 2 midfielder depending on season. In 38 appearances he scored 2 but has 16 assists with 3 MOM performances. He's grossly underpaid at 3k/week but don't tell him. He's a great player at a great price and should be controlling the midfield for sometime to come.

Marios Onisiforou is our 25 year old Cypriot player who has been a top 2 midfielder since he's been with the club. He plays for the Cypriot national team where he played 8 matches and scored 3 goals... even scoring against Switzerland... He's our default penalty kicker...even with Souza on the pitch Marios takes our penalty kicks... he was 6 for 6 this year. Overall he played 41 matches, scoring 9 goals, with 7 assists, and 2 MoM perfomances.

Romica Vultur He is our 23 year old Romanian Midfielder. He was our 3rd choice midfielder until August, for lack of anyone better. He was whining for football and we gave it to him, I suspect we'll lost him more then likely next season but he played decently. In 29 appearances, he scored 3 times with 6 assists and averaged 7.00. He makes a good secondary player for the league and cup but not anything more.

The Strikers

Yacouba Diallo is our 27 year old Ivory Coast striker. Who played 4 matches for his country scoring his first goal ever. It wasn't his best year post injury he didn't perform well... In 37 games he scored 15, had 14 assists, with 3 MOM performances. His stats are great, I just dunno why he's underperforming. I'm renewing his contract this year along with Souza's whose current contract ends this year because they both have highest earner clauses in their contracts. Diallo is showing though that he's the weakest link, and although he likes Souza... Souza doesn't like him... so that puts Diallo even further down in my eyes. We'll see we have some real talented strikers coming up in the U19s.

Jaroslav Baran is our 22 year old Slovakian International striker. He played for Slovakia 14 times, scoring 6 goals with 8 assists and 3 MOM honors. He did well for himself and his country. For us he did well too. In 38 matches he scored 22 times with 17 assists and 4 MOM honors. He would of done better for us if Slovakia didn't have so many matches, and if he wasn't injured, but at 22 he's improving a lot and contributing alot.

Souza is our 24 year old Brazilian striker. He is our Fan's player of the year and finally got his first national team caps, he played 7 times for Brazil scoring once... I hope he does improve at that level... He is our gold standard and go to man, he was injured a bit this season but didn't miss many games. He played 42 times, scored 37 times with 22 assists and 13 MoM honors. 14 continental matches scoring 8 with 6 assists and 2 MOM performances... not as good as last year but still the best on the team. We're his favorite club and I'm keeping him.

The Top 3 Substitutes of the Season

Erik Willie Our 27 year old german defender is no long a starter for us, he's backup... but what a job he does. So far he hasn't complained and with international matches and injuries he's stepped up into either left or right back and got the job done. He may not be with us much longer if he gets frustrated at lack of playing time, but time will tell. In 26 matches he scored 1 time, with 1 assist, and had 1 MoM performance. He also got 10 yellow cards which is pretty low for him. He averaged 7.25 a match, he doesn't go forward a lot and we thank him for all he does.

Fredrik Midtsjo is our new 27 year old Norwegian Midfielder who came midseason from QPR. We lost a few midfielders and many who remained weren't up to par so we brought Fredrik who isn't as good as I had wished he'd be, but he's a solid player. In 17 appearances he had 1 goal and 5 assists.

Ellert Albertsson is our 24 year old Icelandic Striker. He's our feel good story of the list. He's been with us for 6 year playing only bit parts here and there. With all the injuries he started playing more and even got called up to the Icelandic National team for just the second time when he tore his calf muscle in October. Looks like though that by the beginning of February he'll be back. But this season was his breakout year becoming the top backup striker. In 21 appearances he scored 9 goals with 5 assists and 3 MoM performances. He averaged 7.30. I might be losing him with many of the great strikers we are training in the U19s... but for now he's here on our list!

The Future Star Striker

Nikola Bujagic Our 18 year old Serbian Striker is kicking but in the U19 ranks. In 20 appearances he scored 37 goals, was 6/6 on penalties, had 9 assists with 10 MoMs. He average 8.69. We're not rushing him into the starting team but when he's out of the U19s... Diallo better improve!

The Future

We just have to keep on bringing in young talent so when they get of age they're considered "home grown" for League purposes. We picked up a feeder club to send players to train in, I hope they're willing to go there. I am hoping to bring in a couple new players including probably the best midfielder the club has ever seen, a creative star with Oliveria and Marios on either side of him... I think that could be the killer combo for extended success. With more stadium expansions going on its obvious that slowly we'll be making even more money just by playing matches which is real encouraging as well. With Switzerland its all about World Cup Qualifying and qualifying automatically is the goal... but Wales is proving themselves tough so far we'll see. As for the Champions League I hope Manchester City's new coach weakened the team some, or else we're out in the first knockout stage.

Champions League 1st Knockout round vs. Manchester City

At home we went down a man close to half time, and right into the second half Manchester City scores, 22 minutes later Souza ties it all up, and close to the end Manchester City went down a man too... final score 1-1 at home.

At Manchester City, they took the lead real quick in the third minute, Souza tied it all up in the 31st minute. In the second half we got lucky with a penalty kick... Manchester City tied it, but couldn't get the win... The match ended 2-2... with us going thru 3-3 on aggregate on away goals.

Next Round we Face Paris Staint-Germain in the Quarter Finals.

Champions League 1st Knockout round vs. Manchester United

At home we went down a man close to half time, and right into the second half Manchester City scores, 22 minutes later Souza ties it all up, and close to the end Manchester City went down a man too... final score 1-1 at home.

At Manchester City, they took the lead real quick in the third minute, Souza tied it all up in the 31st minute. In the second half we got lucky with a penalty kick... Manchester City tied it, but couldn't get the win... The match ended 2-2... with us going thru 3-3 on aggregate on away goals.

Next Round we Face Paris Staint-Germain in the Quarter Finals.

The title of that post says you faced Manchester United, nice win though, it's hard drawing a home leg and having it all to do away but you got a win.

@city2000 - Yeah Osagie was playing at the same level he is now when he was 18 lol A couple players have whined about going to bigger clubs but I think our Success in Europe keeps them happy. So far I can keep hold of all the stars and renew their contracts when the time comes. So am I, can't wait to see the Argentinians creativity at work :) can't believe he isn't playing for some big european club.

Champions League Quarter Finals against PSG

In the first leg at home, PSG struck first in the 6th minute, they were aggressive as is seen by the 5 yellow cards they got during the match and yes they have a player named Souza too but he sucks and is a defender... We came back in the 35 minute with a header from Molovic and a nice power shot by Baran made it 2-1... second half was a midfield battle of epic means with everyshot being long ranged into the keepers hands or just misfired... we won 2-1.

We traveled to Paris for the second leg... we got off well and scored in the 7th minute thanks to Souza's pass to Baran, 3 minutes later Baran passed the ball to Diallo making it 2-0. PSG and I after that couldn't score for anything but I'm obviously very happy winning the match 2-0 and going through on a 4-1 aggregate.

Semi final clash is next vs our Parent Club Chelsea!

Champions League Semi Finals against Chelsea

Once again we got to play at home first, in the first half it was all Chelsea, scoring in the 29th minute... second half we took control when we tied the game in the 63rd minute and then got a second goal in off their Belgium Goal Keeper we win 2-1.

We traveled to Stamford Bridge for our match and scored on the 3rd and 7th minute.. take a 2-0 lead. Chelsea fought hard as they did during the entire match getting 7 yellow cards in the process compared to our 2. In the 24th then 46th minutes they made it 2-2... in the second half then an own goal off their defender gave us the 3-2 win... giving use the 5-3 aggregate win.

We're going to be without our Star Striker Souza as he's accumulated too many yellow cards, he also got hurt and is out 2 weeks. Emmanuel Osagie will also miss the final due too yellow card accumulation. Its going to make the Final against Bayern Munich that much tougher... only one way to find out.

Champions League Final vs Bayern Munchen

Was worried going into the match, with Emmanuel and Souza suspended, and having 2/3 starting midfielders injured it was going to be rough going.

The match was played at the Olympic Stadium in Istanbul. Our substitute Midfielder scored first in the 12th minute, rest of the first half was back and forth. Second half started out quietly, we hit the woodwork 3 times in a row before Albertsson got hurt. We made a triple substitution in the 70th minute... 76th minute our substitute Sacer scored making it 2-0.... Bayern pulled back 1 in the 85th but we managed to hold out for the win... 2-1

Now we need to win the European Supercup hopefully with a bit less injuries and suspensions lol.

Confederations Cup 2021

In the first round we played South Korea, Brazil and Panama.

In the first match against South Korea was brutal, but our quality showed in the first half taking a 2-0 lead that lasted us the rest of the match. Very Physical surprised we didn't get any injuries... we came into the match with 2 injuries. win 2-0

In the next match we played Brazil. Souza from Algard is a bench warmer for the tournament, there is another Souza who is a left back. First half Brazil scored in the 25th minute. After half time they added to their lead in the 51st minute, but 3 minutes later we struck one back but couldn't get another one... losing 2-1 sucks...

In the third match against Panama a win guarentees us getting into the second round. We started out great off a corner kick in the 4th minute with a header. Panama missed a penalty kick... second half we made it 2-0, Panama took one back and the game was tense to the end. We dominated just not by a lot. 2-1 victory.

In the semi final we met the World Champions Wales... we went down a goal in the first minute... in the 37th they gave up an own goal... having a slight advantage statistically we couldn't capitalize... and the game was pushed to penalties where wales fell apart... 1-1 4-1 win on Penalties!

In the finals we met Brazil again... we were injury ravaged and tired from the extra time in the last match. In the 16th minute Michel scored for Brazil. They dominated us but our Keeper Sommer was solid. In the 62nd minute off a header we tied it 1-1... then we made a double substitution after the goal, it was rough to decide who to substitute cause there were no option of anyone who was above 78% fit. But I did and Xhaka scored the winning goal just 8 minutes later. After that we finally showed some power and made our stats look a lot better. We held off Brazil to Win the Confederations Cup 2-1.

Wales beat Nigeria for 3rd place 3-0.

Switzerland can definitely play with the Big Boys as can Wales. Anyone in the top can win at any given time. We have a shot at the world cup, but I'm not counting on it. I think we can go deep in the second round depending on the draw. I thought it was a bit optimistic of the FA to have making the finals of the Confederations cup as the minimum expectations unless that was just a way of trying to get rid of me. I just want a good run at the World Cup before I'll probably end up leaving, but time will come. I know the team has a good year or 2 left before too many players are out of their prime.

European Super Cup vs. Juventus

Statistically Juventus pounded us but we couldn't get the job done. Diallo scored in the 16th minute, Juventus tied us in the 33rd.... Souza made it 2-1 in the 41st minute and that got the job done. Our Goalkeeper was man of the match which isn't surprising considering the battle he was under but it didn't matter... in the end we are the Champions!

Swiss Update 2021

Other then our Confederations Cup victory we mostly finished up our World Cup Qualifying where we finished in first place. We also had 3 friendly that weren't mentioned. We lost to turkey 2-1, tied algeria 2-2 and beat hungry 3-0 to end the year.

Swiss Fixtures

Switzerland's Qualifying Group - Wales didn't qualify this time for the World Cup lol.

We're ranked 4th in the World

We found out we're in Group D for the World Cup, and everyone says we have an easy group... I dunno about that... Japan, Romania, and Senegal is a dream start.

World Club Cup

We won that too... First Match vs. Chivas went to penalties where we won easily... then the final was quite anti-climatic with the easy 3-0 win.

Algard 2021 Year In Review

Our Reputation is now 3 1/2 stars!

Shareholders steal 4.8 million!

Our Budget was to be able to more then double our salary and a transfer budget of 18 milion+.

Season Ticket Sales are up to 5478 from 4313 last season.

Norwegian Premier League is up 3 spots to 11th!

Algard is up 8 spots to number 6 in Europe!

We are the 34th Richest Club in the World!

Chelsea wants me after Jose Morinho left AGAIN for poor Valencia.... lame offer.

And of Course I'm Manager of the Year...

Algard continued

Norwegian Premier League Winners again... In 30 matches our opposition scored 8.

Norwegian Cup - Won mostly by backup crew. Pretty solid.

Champion League Group Phase - We won Group D, had a tie against Chelsea otherwise we won won them all. Look at Group E Molde from Norway was also there but they couldn't compete losing all 6 matches. Our Champions League Fixtures. We play Tottenham in the First Knockout round.

Europa Cup Group Phase had 2 Norwegian Clubs represented. Group I had Viking which finished 3rd its group. They got 1 Victory 2 ties and 3 loses. In Group J Brann got last place with 3 ties 3 loses.

Needless to say but we Won the Quadruple...

We have yet another Stadium Expansion...

Finances - We have just under 48 million in cash

Algard... The Team

The Squad - Is stronger then ever and getting stronger... so our wages are almost 10 million a year now. For Norwegian's League player of the year... we have the top 3 players in the league.

The Transfers - Bought a lot of youth players as usual. We got some experienced midfielders in Matias Brizuela, and yes thats THE Cesc Fabregas at 34 years old let go by barcelona for nothing... I think he'll be a rocking coach after retirment... and came across a freebee too good to refuse thats going to shake up the squad a bit in Ekweme Shola.

We let go the whiners and other undesireables for a lot more then I expected to be honest. 3.6 million for Vultur? take him thanks... Brian Cullen back up goalkeeper for 3 million... please take him. he became a Norwegian and got a cap for Norway already... wow they have LOW standards lol... And selling Landu-Landu for 1.4 million... wow I would of gotten rid of him for 0... lol I makes me smile seeing the money come in from worthless guys

Key Players

Jose Maria Lopez Berrocal Our 24 year old Spanish Keeper is kicking butt still. In 53 matches he let in 28 goals with 31 clean sheets, and MOM Performances. He was healthy the whole season kicked but especially in the League... slowly he should do better in Europe as well as we're slowly upgrading the team.

Marios Onisforou doesn't have all the glittering stats as high as others do but he keeps on performing and justifies his importance to the team consistantly... The 26 year old Cypriot was one of our best performing players... probably the top midfielder. In 44 games he had 11 goals, made 3/4 of his penalty kicks, had 11 assists and 1 MoM. Not bad at all!

Yacouba Diallo - Our 28 year old Ivory Coast Striker I think has redeemed himself this season. In 11 appearances for the Ivory Coast he scored 5, had 2 assists and 1 MOM performance. For us he played 44 matches, scored 22 goals, missed a Penalty kick, had 14 assists and 5 MOM performances. He picked up his game and scored critical goals at critical times.

Jaroslav Baran Our 23 year old Slovakian striker had a great year too. He played 11 games for his country, scored 5 goals, 2 assists and 2 MoM performances. For us he played in 46 matches, scored 19, had 18 assists with 3 MOM Performances. When his mentals start to rise he's going to play like a greek god... I hope.

Souza Our 25 year old brazillian Central Striker is now worth 13.75M... Internationally he's still a bench warmer... barely getting any field time. But for us outside of an injury he's been kicking butt. In 40 matches he scored 44 times, is 2 for 2 on Penalties, had 23 assists and 16 MoM Performances. He's once again the Fans Player of the Year. And the only Striker on the World Team Player of the Year! Enough said.

New Signings

Matias Brizuela After seeing Fabergas I'm not that impressed with him... might not survive the cut.

Cesc Fabergas Surprised he came to us after getting let go by Barcelona after winning the league again this year. He accepted basically 12,500/week at 10k an appearance... I'm happy to use him and looking at his mentals... how can he not be a great coach?

Shola Ekwueme - A Nigerian International player with awesome stats for a defender... with no transfer fee! Only problem is I can only have 11 non homegrown guys for the League... going to have to get rid of someone...

The Future

Other then getting rid of some non homegrown players we're looking for more homegrown players, hoping to get some more youth in to get more homegrown players for us. And the surplus can go to other teams in the League to help boost our standing. 2 teams in the Champions League group stage, and 2 teams in the Europa League Group Stage is awesome... first time for that. The salaries paid in the League has doubled since the game started. Switzerland in the World cup this year, might be time to move on from them... we'll see.

@Deltablue think about it He got let go by Barcelona, my cheap arse comes along... I won the Champions League 2x in a row, I guarentee him the same loot as the best guys, 10k per match & 12,5k a week... Funny thing there was a 33 year old Norwegian guy who had good stats, was still with Juventus but on the reserve team and the lowest he'd go is 38k a week... What I'm shocked about with Fabregas he was let go at the end of the season I'm not sure when that is for Spanish Soccer... I picked him up in the middle of September... how is it possible that no one spotted him. I was looking for someone on the Spanish team... saw he had no club and just tried to get him and succeeded lol

Algard 1st Knockout Phase vs. Tottenham

In the first match away at White Hart Lane, we were outplayed and didn't play well period... it was our first competitive match since our season break with 1 warmup match. In the 29th minute Leonel Pinto scored the first goal for Tottenham in a nice counterattack... After half time Souza tied it up in the 55th minute and the result ended in a 1-1 tie.

Then at home, in a much more even (stat wise other then score) encounter we went to War... 6th Minute Diallo just ran thru them and scored. 12th minute Fabergas just passed the perfect ball into Souza's run and he hammered it from 30 yards out and slammed the goal. In the 28th Minute they got a penalty kick awarded but our spanish goal keeper held it. 39th minute we got a penalty, and Marios Onisiforou slammed it home as usual... right before halftime Fabergas ran right thru their midfield passed right to Souza who lobbed the out of position GK for the goal making it 4:0 at halftime... second Half Baran stole the ball from their defensive midfielder scoring... we made 2 subs Baran and Oliviera were tired... Tottenham went into uber attack mode and basically by the end of the match they evened up the stats and in the 90th minute finally scored with a sweet header... but it was too little to late for them... We win 5-1... 6-2 on aggregate.

FINALLY! Fabergas played the way I expected him too... got a 9.5 rating, 95% pass completion he dominated the central midfield playmaking role!

Quarter Final Draw is against PSG...

Algard Quarter Final vs. PSG

Our first match was at home where we got the better of PSG. With 2/3 of our strikers out on injury, our secondarys had to step up... 26th minute Nikola Bujagic scored one on the counter attack, in extra time at 1/2 time Marios Onisiforou got the second one from a nice passing combination... second half it was a war of attrition in the midfield, but in the 81st minute Vegard Nikolaisen scored a header from the corner making the 3-0 win at home complete.

In Paris PSG started fast with Peitro D'Amico scoring in the 28th minute... they got a few cards but couldn't add to the scoreline. Second half was quite until we got lit on fire in the last 19 minutes when in the 71st and 83rd minutes Souza put the goals way by just attacking the defenders and striking the ball past the keeper for the 2-1 win... 5-1 on aggregate.

Next is the Semifinal vs. Juventus.

Algard Champions League Semi Final vs Juventus

We first went to Juventus... we were pounced on the entire match. I the 6th minute we went down a player due to a difficult challenge.... In the 8th minute we fell to a lame penalty. In the second half the barrage continued... then in the 86th minute Souza tied it... we got lucky. 1-1 was the result.

In the return match at home we evened things up stat wise it was a competitive match. Juventus took the lead early with their best striker just pounding it in... we returned the favor in extra time in the first half when Diallo just danced his way into the box and poked the ball in. Early in the second half, in the 46th minute Diallo scored on the counter attacking run... rest of the match was a midfield battle after I made 2 midfield substitutions... The match was won 2-1... we won 3-2 on aggregate.

We Face Manchester City in the Final... a Team who beat us the last 4 times we played... redemption time!

Algard vs. Manchester City, Champions League FINAL!

In the Stade de France, the epic battle raged... The epic midfield battle yielded nothing but a single yellow card in regular time... In 30 minutes of extra time, we got 2 injures in the 111th and 116th minutes and were down 2 player but we survived till penalty kicks where we won 5-4... to Threepeat the title!

Amazing we did this considering we only have 4 players representing us in the World Cup.

European Super Cup vs. SLB

Match had a ton of yellow cards, both sides wanted the win bad... 25th minute we went down 1, 26th minute we tied it up 1-1. rest of the match was us dominating in shots, shots on goal, and possession and couldn't get another... we through 30 minutes extra time... and won it on Penalty Kicks... 1-1 4-3P

I took the Job of England coach too

Got a bad cold/flu so updates should remain kinda scarce for awhile...

England Update

Since taking over the Squad in August I've had 7 matches.

First was a tough friendly against mexico, we eeked out a 1-0 victory.

Against greece 3-1 was due to potent finishing... the team was still adapting to my 4-3-3 Philosophy

Then we had our first European Qualifier against Norway where we dominated to a 6-2 victory... next though we barely defeated Lithuania 2-1... and in our last European qualifier of the year destroyed San Marino 9-0

we then faced my former team of Switzerland... they took out half the team... the best players for me we gone or on the bench... we beat them solidly 3-0... no regrets.

We got Paraguay 5-1 to end the year in a rout.

All wins, this is by FAR the best team I've managed... only weakness is the lack of a world class goal keeper... otherwise we have among the best defenders, midfielders, and strikers in the world... The European Title is in reach I feel now already.

England's Fixtures

Algard Results, 2022, Norwegian Premier League

Shareholders stole 6 Million!

2022 Budget - can triple the salary and transfer 25.9m in new players... not bad :)

4 Star Reputation!

Season Ticket sales went from 5478 to 6588

We are 2nd best team in Europe, only Manchester United is somehow still ahead...

We are the 32nd richest club in the world!

We are now the 12th best competition in Europe down 1.

Our stadium finished its expansion of 2756 more seats!

At the end of this season, it was announced that we'd be enlarging the stadium by 4094 more seats!

Our Facilities were downgraded too :(

We won the Norwegian Premier League

It was a bit of a bumpy ride but we succeeded in the league...

Our Champions League Group Stage opponents are FC Bayern, PSV, and Rangers!

We started our Champions League group phase matches with a sweet 5-1 away win at PSV... then at home we barely got Bayern Munich 1-0. We went away to Rangers and played badly, our best keeper was injured and we well 2-0, but at home we showed them who is better by nailing Rangers 4-0 at home. At home we had no luck against PSV as it ended in a 0-0 draw. But that draw with a game left and we made it to the knockout stage... we went to Munich for the last match and it ended 0-0. Our next Opponents are Olympique Lyonnais which isn't doing to tell at the moment.

At the world club cup Semi Finals we face Al-Ain - They Scored first... then Souza scored 10 minutes later, we got a Penalty kick... Diallo got a hat trick, Onisforou got a brace... and we dominated that match 6-1

In the finals we face Corinthians... They scored first in the 9th minute... then from a corner kick Milovic got the header in... few minutes later on a counter attack Souza got the goal in the 25th minute and in the 83rd minute Milovic got another header from a corner kick to get his first ever brace for the club... We won the World Club Championship 3-1.

At the world club championship we had the top 3 players

Finances are solid with 32 million in the bank but we did lose money this year so we need to try to cut costs...

The Squad, Transfers, Key Players, and next season

The Squad - While we got a boatload of players we can't get rid of even at 0... our best players are valued nicely!

The Transfers - We got a new defender, and back up goal keeper... we picked up Mesut Ozil on a free transfer, and some good albeit expensive youth talent for the future. We had sell off primarily a bunch of Midfielders who couldn't hack it with the big boys... I didn't want to lose Christer Bjerkheim cause he was my best norwegian and homegrown player but thats the way it goes. Other fringe strikers left as well... its the way it goes... could of gotten rid of a lot more dead weight but the market is bad right now for deadweights :(

Key Players

While we didn't do bad, overall we took a step back in performance... particularly scoring.

Jose Maria Lopez Berrocal Our 25 year old spanish goalkeeper was injured for part of the season but came back strong. He played twice for span and conceded 2 goals... didn't do well... For us he played 43 times, conceded 27 goals, with 21 clean sheets and 1 MoM performance. Just under 50% for clean sheets... I'll take that!

Oliviera Our 28 year old midfielder who is now Norwegian still manages a spot in the midfield despite Ozil and Fabergas. He rebounded this season, in 34 appearances he scored 5 goals, 1 for 1 in Penalties, 16 assists with 3 MOM performances. Can't complain.

Cesc Fabergas Our 35 year old Spanish Legend is still going strong, next season his contract expires and was willing to have a new cheap contract for an extra season, which I took. Saw what you will but his passing completion at the European Level is still 86%. In 32 matches he scored 1 goal, had 10 assists with 1 MOM performance. I do know he does sell merchandise since that spiked immediately after signing him... depending on how he does he might end up doing just league and cup matches... we'll see how he does.

Our strikers didn't perform IMHO as they can, but still led us to victory.

Jaroslav Baran is our 24 year old Slovakian Striker didn't find the net too often this season... he performed well but not well enough... In 33 appearances he scored 13 goals and had 14 assists with 3 MOM honors... I hope he performs better next season.

Yacouba Diallo Our 29 year old Ivory Coast international Striker did ok. For the Ivory Coast he played 7 times, had 3 goals and 1 assist. For Algard he played 38 matches got 21 goals with 14 assists and 6 MOM performances. He didn't do bad, I think its just the perception is in some matches where could of gotten the winner... he didn't :(

Souza is our 26 year old brazillian striker now worth 13.5 million. For Brazil he played 7 times, scored twice with 1 assist. For us he played 42 times, scoring 31 times with 19 assists and 10 MOM performances... I need him to average 1 goal per game! He's still getting better but was a bit off this season. This was a year he got the most praise EVER!

World Team Player of the Year!

Fans Player of the Year

Best Player in the Champions League

Champions League Dream Team

Champions League Golden Boot

Norwegian Player of the Year

Next Season

Well I think its back to basics. Need to continue to look out for new young talent to develop, work on saving money, hopefully selling deadbeats. Need to maybe cut back on payouts for competitions, and hope we get all the success in the world. I'm surprised I've been able to manager this past season with a larger team again I think some good players are going to ask to leave a again and I might not be able to spot them. I lost a great scout cause he just wouldn't sign a new contract, I don't know sometimes. Everyone who is up for contract renewals are considering the new contracts which will put an even bigger strain on finances. I'm happy even though I turned down Barcelona's offer... and they got ANOTHER new manager already lol. As for my Swiss adventure it ended well since the English are very talented and I believe we can do great things...

First Knockout Round of the Champions League vs Olympique Lyonnais

We went to France first, and it was a disaster, we didn't play well and it cost us the match, we came close to making it even, but ran out of time... we lost 4-3

At home it started the same way... but in the second half the scoring began... we took the 3-0 before they took one back making the final score 3-1... too little too late we advance on a 6-5 aggregate win

Next Match Barcelona... then if we make it... its either Dortmund or Real Madrid...

Yeah that made things too easy.... I did save it and played it just too see if i could buy up the world all star team starting 11....

I did for 525 million, and my salary cap was 3.5 million per week... had 7 guys on 200k/week contracts 4 on 175k plus subs which was the previous starting team. lol

I tried looking for a thread for the largest transfer budget but couldn't find a thread to post it in.

Archived