Conquering England? It's like taking candy from a baby!

HotChocolate

I downloaded the editor data that changes all the club names to full and proper, there were some stupid ones to be fair like FCP for FC Porto, the editor data had all the names in full. It is much, much better. Same as the big kits.

FCP would do my nut in, I'd change it to Porto. By the same token, seeing Cheltenham Town, Doncaster Rovers would also do my nut in, I'd much prefer Cheltenham and Doncaster.

Saying that, seeing Man Utd does my nut in too, I'd have to change that to Manchester United.

I'm a fussy ****. :D

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FCP would do my nut in, I'd change it to Porto. By the same token, seeing Cheltenham Town, Doncaster Rovers would also do my nut in, I'd much prefer Cheltenham and Doncaster.

Saying that, seeing Man Utd does my nut in too, I'd have to change that to Manchester United.

I'm a fussy ****. :D

Seeing the ridiculous ones did my head in, like FCP and Sporting (POR) annoyed me and although I did prefer Cheltenham and Doncaster (using your examples) I've grown to love the full names much more.

But with your Man Utd farse, that's just insanity! :cool:

83-1.png

Blue Square Bet Premier - Mid-Season - 2016

League Table - Sitting comfortable, a very solid season for me so far and by the looks of it, we may actually make a push for the play-offs?

League Table Graph [/url]- As you can see we have been consistent all season which really does please me.

Results - The funny thing about this, is that we went on a run were we would win a game, then not, then win the next game. It got to the point I accepted we wouldn't win a game if we had just won a game. Strange. (It even took our FA Cup run into contention!)

FA Cup - A brilliant run so far, beating the rivals from down the M5 was good enough but to then go and beat another League 1 side in Chesterfield was fantastic. If only we got a dream tie and not Peterborough away.

FA Trophy - We really were unlucky, I wasn't bothered about it but when their equalizer is a shot that bounces off the post and back off your keeper you can feel hard done by. Not to mention in the 15th minute of the replay we went a man down.

Squad - I've got players complaining about not playing which pleases me because it says we've got depth in the squad. Hopefully they can stay tight like they have been up to now.

Finances - They have improved but the FA Cup has given us nothing, the board however, yet another injection.

On a side note, we have the best defence in the league and the 3rd best goal difference in the league but we sit 9th? It took me a while to figure this one out but we've had 2 or 3 big wins that helped the goal difference, the goal scoring isn't brilliant but we do have only 1 forward.

Another side note, I'm loving Cheltenham but my beloved Sheffield United have been struggling and have been getting rid of managers quite a bit recently so I've kept an eye on them because IF the job became available I would apply (Tony Mowbray is the current manager and he is only Regional like me, but more well know, a lot more). I never managed them in FM11 because they got into the Premier League and even got the FA Cup final in the first season so there wasn't really anything I could achieve with them but right now they are in League 1 and near the bottom.

Another side note, I'm loving Cheltenham but my beloved Sheffield United have been struggling and have been getting rid of managers quite a bit recently so I've kept an eye on them because IF the job became available I would apply (Tony Mowbray is the current manager and he is only Regional like me, but more well know, a lot more). I never managed them in FM11 because they got into the Premier League and even got the FA Cup final in the first season so there wasn't really anything I could achieve with them but right now they are in League 1 and near the bottom.

I know the feeling, keeping an eye out on Ipswich myself (who haven't been doing well on my save either).

83-1.png

Blue Square Bet Premier - Season 2016/2017

The final run into the season looked like this with 2 games to go. Unfortunately we had Stockport next and we hadn't been brilliant against the teams around us, so as expected this happened. We were still 4th though, amazingly. It was all down to the last game and we had Aldershot away, Southend had Darlington away and Stockport were at home to Farnborough. Could we do it? Could we hang on for a Play-Off Spot?

League Table - Yes, yes we could! Brilliant end to the season, I was hoping for a top 8 finish and that looked possible mid way through but I didn't expect to get the play-offs.

League Table Graph - We steadily improved and although there became times when I thought we got scared of the top 5 we held out well.

Results - After losing 3 on the bounce I did fear we may have a run like last season but a team meeting spun the morale around and we went marching on, the goals came flowing and we just won game after game. Even when we lost, we'd go and win the next one with ease.

FA Cup - Peterborough injured 2 of my players which angered me and I was doubly determind to get an equilizer when we got 1 back but unfortunately they had to much power for us.

FA Trophy - We really were unlucky, I wasn't bothered about it but when their equalizer is a shot that bounces off the post and back off your keeper you can feel hard done by. Not to mention in the 15th minute of the replay we went a man down.

Squad - They really pulled together and produced some brilliant football. I played the same 11 for most of the games towards the end but when we picked up knocks players replaced them and amazing we had 3 CM's complaining about not playing football!

Transfers - Nothing since the summer.

Finances - It has improved only thanks to the board, hopefully the Play-Offs will give us a bit more.

Salary Per Annum - 8th and finished 4th. No complaints.

Key Players

Martyn Eastwood - He was pure quality at the end, started banging them in every game and really gave us some quality down the right, 19 goals and 12 assists.

Dean Lisles - Played 50 games for us this season, was a real rock at the heart of defence, chipping in with 8 goals and got 7 MOM's.

Terry Gornell - I looked for a striker that could fill the role of a poacher and he had everything! 20 goals, even though he didn't play all season.

Aims for this Season

• Push for the Play-Offs so finish top 8 - Finished 4th.
  • FA Cup 3rd round - Got to 3rd round.
  • Reduce the debt - Okay the board helped.

Career Aims

• Promotion? Well it's on the cards.

Previous Club Watch

Worcester City - Blue Square North - 16th.

Eastbourne Borough - Blue Square South - 2nd

Stalybridge Celtic - non league.

Overall Comment: So far a brilliant season, it has beaten all expectations. I honestly don't think we will win the Play-Offs, more than likely fall at the first hurdle as we have Burton Albion who are the leagues top goalscorers. We drew 2-2 and 1-1 in the season. One thing that has dissapointed me is we lost our best defensive record, towards the end of the season we started scoring more and going 2-0 or 3-0 up but then giving them a goal in the last minute, we kept it nearly all the season until the very end. Bring on the Play-Offs!

Cheltenham Town vs Burton Albion (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg)

As the stats suggest, they walked it. We had a 10 minute spell at the start of the second half that ended with them breaking on the counter and scoring. I knew we were really going to struggle because we aren't good enough against the teams around us, that was shown during the season but it is annoying when you do so well to get to the Play-Offs and have no quality to even challenge teams. However, I did sign a one year extension to my contract before the game. I don't want to leave without getting them promoted!

Burton Albion vs Cheltenham Town (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Semi-Final Semi Leg)

In the words of the great Paul Peschisolido: oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Unbelievable! We missed a one on one just before half time, then their player scores a first time volley after the break to make it 2-1, 4-1 on aggregate. I thought that was it, even in the 66th minute when we made it 2-2 I thought we wouldn't come back but we somehow did and took them to extra time then beat them in extra time! The best game I've ever seen on Football Manager, it really was end to end stuff, we cleared so many scrambles from them and really held out to go through to the final! Amazing stuff!

Cambridge United vs Cheltenham Town (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Final)

It was your typical final, especially Play-Off final. Both teams wanting to score but not wanting to concede, more. So even though we dominated the first half we had no real chances and should have done better from the corners. It was the complete opposite to the game against Burton, but it was to be expected and then like all classic finals a moment of brilliance from the side on the back-foot in the last 10 minutes won them the game. I can't say I saw it coming but we didn't deserve to win, then again neither did Cambridge and that's what makes a good team.

Cheltenham Town vs Burton Albion (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Semi-Final First Leg)

As the stats suggest, they walked it. We had a 10 minute spell at the start of the second half that ended with them breaking on the counter and scoring. I knew we were really going to struggle because we aren't good enough against the teams around us, that was shown during the season but it is annoying when you do so well to get to the Play-Offs and have no quality to even challenge teams. However, I did sign a one year extension to my contract before the game. I don't want to leave without getting them promoted!

Burton Albion vs Cheltenham Town (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Semi-Final Semi Leg)

In the words of the great Paul Peschisolido: oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! Unbelievable! We missed a one on one just before half time, then their player scores a first time volley after the break to make it 2-1, 4-1 on aggregate. I thought that was it, even in the 66th minute when we made it 2-2 I thought we wouldn't come back but we somehow did and took them to extra time then beat them in extra time! The best game I've ever seen on Football Manager, it really was end to end stuff, we cleared so many scrambles from them and really held out to go through to the final! Amazing stuff!

Cambridge United vs Cheltenham Town (Blue Square Bet Premier Play-Off Final)

It was your typical final, especially Play-Off final. Both teams wanting to score but not wanting to concede, more. So even though we dominated the first half we had no real chances and should have done better from the corners. It was the complete opposite to the game against Burton, but it was to be expected and then like all classic finals a moment of brilliance from the side on the back-foot in the last 10 minutes won them the game. I can't say I saw it coming but we didn't deserve to win, then again neither did Cambridge and that's what makes a good team.

Unlucky on losing :(

Your semi final is the exact replica of my club IRL, Yeovil Town, when we beat Nottingham Forest out of the playoffs. We lost 2-0 at home only to win 5-2 at the City Ground :D

Unlucky on losing :(

Your semi final is the exact replica of my club IRL, Yeovil Town, when we beat Nottingham Forest out of the playoffs. We lost 2-0 at home only to win 5-2 at the City Ground :D

I honestly couldn't believe it. I thought it was over after the first leg because we've shown no quality against any top teams.

The play offs are a killer. Great if you win but so demoralising if you don't. Good luck next year.

They certainly are but I didn't expect to get promoted so I'm not to bothered!

Definitely well set up for next year.

The board have reduced my wage budget again, I will go for promotion though, hopefully that will get me more.

Bad luck with the playoffs, always a bit of a kick in the teeth losing in the final. Better luck next time around :thup:
Unlucky on the playoff defeat, but a great improvement on last year :thup:

Thanks for your comments AK22 and roganp!

Just trying to reduce my wage bill by getting players to accept a lower wage and I had a contract agreed (where the player says this is what I want and you agree so 'suggest terms') he then lowers the 'minimum release clause' when I click it, and again and again and again then says he is fed up with the discussions!? I agreed with what he asked for every time?

83-1.png

Blue Square Bet Premier - Season 2017/2018

League Table - It seems to be less competitive than last year, but Tranmere have come down and they would expect to bounce straight back up.

Squad - We have only added the loan players, it's still strong, just not as strong as I would have liked.

Information / Facilities - 5th which is where we should be aiming for, still no youth set up, not got the money.

Transfers - Few players left at the end of their contracts and we've brought in 3 loans. The wage budget has stopped me from signing anyone.

Finances - It's not decreasing but it's not increasing.

Transfer Budget: 0k (same as last season)

Wage Budget: £11,971k p/w (down from £13,750)

Current Wage Budget: £11,523k p/w (down from £14,000)

Aims for this Season

• Playoffs is a must.
  • 3rd Round of the FA Cup.
  • If we don't get Playoffs we have to win the FA Trophy.

Overall Comment: It's been frustrating because of the reduced wage budget but we have the back bone of our squad last season so I'm hoping that we can start well and finish well again. I'd love to challenge for automatic promotion (league winners) but I will take the play offs this season. My contract runs up at the end of the year so I will have to decide what I'm going to do near the end, I suppose it all depends on how I well I think we can do if I stayed.

83-3.png

Blue Square Bet Premier - Mid Season - 2017

League Table - It's too close to call, unfortunately though I think we will be beaten to top spot.

League Table Graph - We've been top and if we had drawn our last game would be top. (After 22 games we were top, which is odd to say it says we were 3rd.)

Results - A flying start to the season came to an abrupt end as we then seemed to waver but then a flying run of wins with the odd defeat threw us up the table, unfortunately there are just a few teams we can't beat, those around us and Farnborough (away), we've done well at Farnborough.

FA Cup - A much easier run to the 3rd round yet another crap draw.

FA Trophy - Simple win against Eastleigh, Hinckley in the next round.

Squad - We had 3 AML/ST out injured for a few months at one stage but managed to hold out well and keep a good run of form going.

Transfers[/url] - Brought in a few loans for cover but they've done nothing, got rid of Jordan O'Hara to get the wage bill in order.

Finances - Quite bad and we've had £120k injected by the board, again.

Cheers delta! :thup:

Lifes a funny old thing, I was in a fine run of form, not lost in 8 matches and before this game I just knew we were going to get hammered, that was my exact thought 'we are going to get hammered' before I'd even started the game that's what I thought and this is the result.

Southend United vs Cheltenham Town.

Cheers delta! :thup:

Lifes a funny old thing, I was in a fine run of form, not lost in 8 matches and before this game I just knew we were going to get hammered, that was my exact thought 'we are going to get hammered' before I'd even started the game that's what I thought and this is the result.

Southend United vs Cheltenham Town.

Ouch. And a trip to the FA too I assume for 8 bookings?

Ouch, I know the feeling.

It was coming, we played 2 games a week for so long that our squad was depleted and they beat me to the loan signing of Sagna (the player I had for 3 months at the start of the season)

Ouch. And a trip to the FA too I assume for 8 bookings?

Yeah, 2nd time with Cheltenham.

Ouch, but your doing well mid-way so got a good chance of promotion :)

The league is so tight it's unbelievable but like I said I doubt we have the quality to win the league (auto promotion) because we can't beat the teams around us.

83-3.png

Blue Square Bet Premier - Season 2017/2018

League Table - An amazing season that ended with us winning the league, I will never know how we did but we did. Aldershot gave us a real good fight for top spot but in the end we just nicked it.

League Table Graph - We went top, Aldershot went top, no one wanted to win the league. We'd lose a game they'd win, they'd lose we'd win. It really was unbelievable.

Results - The end of the season was a shocker, we couldn't get going at all, for whatever reason we were failing to get anywhere. Fortunately so were Aldershot.

FA Cup - A great win over Bournemouth gave us yet another crap draw in the 4th round. One thing that we can be proud of is we were lowest team left in the FA Cup, there weren't any League 2 teams either. 4th round draw.

FA Trophy - A great run followed by a great win over Aldershot only to get drawn against our bogey team and lose it in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg. I was gutted.

Squad - A really strong squad with a lot of quality players, we lost Jeffers for the last 2 and half months of the season which didn't help but we managed to get just enough points.

Transfers - Brought in a few loans to add depth and back up to the squad.

Finances - Getting worse by the year.

Salary Per Annum - We've reduced our salary every season but improved our position every season, great news. (We were 11th, but after extending contracts that were expiring it's moved up to 9th)

Key Players

Shaun Jeffers - Our top goalscorer who was on fire until he got injured, real shame he did as well, nearly cost us.

Dean Lisles - Solid performer in defence and got a few goals from set-pieces to help out as well.

Martyn Eastwood - Another good season from him, not as many goals but he did chip in with 13 goals and 15 assists.

Aims for this Season

• Playoffs is a must - Won the league!
  • 3rd Round of the FA Cup - 4th Round!
  • If we don't get Playoffs we have to win the FA Trophy - We exceeded the Playoffs.

Career Aims

• Won promotion from Blue Square Bet Premier!

Previous Club Watch

Worcester City - Blue Square South - 15th.

Eastbourne Borough - Blue Square South - 3rd, lost in Playoffs.

Stalybridge Celtic - Blue Square North - 20th, relegated. (10 points deducted, highest wage bill in league) YES! :D

Overall Comment: A brilliant season! I didn't think we had the quality to win the league but we somehow did. I am really pleased I've got Cheltenham (just for you Nobby!) promoted, having been here for 3 years and not had the best start coming 17th it was really pleasing to finally win promotion. However I'm not sure if I want to move into the Football League yet, I haven't even spent a season in Blue Square North and I really want to do that before I leave non-league. I've rejected a new contract and may look at leaving to take over a team in Blue Square North. Even though Non-League football is a real pain in the arse :D

Career History.

Season		Team				Competition			Finished		Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/2012	Worcester City			Blue Square Bet North		13th			Appointed in October
2012/2013	Eastbourne Borough		Blue Square Bet South		1st			Promoted as League Winners
2013/2014	Eastbourne Borough		Blue Square Bet Premier		12th			FA Trophy Runners-Up
2014/2015	Stalybridge Celtic		Blue Square Bet North		21st			Sacked in November
2015/2016	Cheltenham Town			Blue Square Bet Premier		17th			N/A
2016/2017	Cheltenham Town			Blue Square Bet Premier		4th			Lost in Playoff Final
2017/2018	Cheltenham Town			Blue Square Bet Premier		1st			Promoted as League Winners

Manager History.

Team				Days in Charge		Played		Won		Drew		Lost		Win %
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worcester City			191			35		17		6		12		48%
Eastbourne Borough		741			105		54		29		22		51%
Stalybridge Celtic		176			18		5		2		11		28%
Cheltenham Town			---			163		81		35		47		49%
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall				1108			320		157		72		91		49%

Looked like a very tough battle, must feel great to come out on top after that,

It did feel great but I never saw it coming, I never expected to win the league. Even when I saw Aldershot were losing their last game of the season!

Great effort to get promoted and looked like a real nerve wracking battle right to the final day, makes it all the sweeter in the end!

And heading back to the Blue Square North, you must enjoy torturing yourself :D

I have signed a one year contract at Cheltenham! I'm looking forward to League 2, BSN can wait a while :D

Not very often a team beaten 8-0 goes on to win the league :eek:

Glad you've decided to give League Two a crack, good luck for next season :thup:

That game was so odd, because I knew it would happen, even before the game. Not to mention we hadn't lost in ages and went on to not lose in ages. Just seems so odd and out of place!

83-3.png

npower League 2 - Season 2018/2019

League Table - You can see it will be a competitive season with the likes of Scunthorpe, Oldham and MK Dons.

Squad - Much improvement over the summer, just a real shame we've picked up injuries already.

Information / Facilities - Predicted 22nd, I would easily take that. Brought back Youth set up so as of next year we will have a youth team.

Transfers - A lot more ins than outs, but we needed the depth and quality and that's what we got.

Finances - Even with promotion we are rapidly losing money, doesn't look good for the future.

Transfer Budget: 0k (same as last season)

Wage Budget: £16,130k p/w (up from £11,971)

Current Wage Budget: £15,948 (up from £11,523)

Aims for this Season

• Avoid relegation.
  • FA Cup 3rd round.
  • Enjoy the season!

Overall Comment: Looking forward to this year, it will probably be my last at Cheltenham. So long as we stay up I don't mind where we come in the league, we've got Exeter away in the Carling Cup but I wont be playing a weakened team, we will be looking to win every game this season which includes all 3 cups!

See - anything is possible - congratz on the league win and good luck surviving in League two :applause:

Cheers mate!

Well done Choc. Shame Port Vile didn't drop to Conference North.

Funny you mention that, I was hoping they would. I would have looked at getting the managers job down there!

And The Mighty Mighty Yeovil Town! :thup:

Not exactly mighty, we beat you 1-0 and it was the worst game I've ever been too ;)

You mean Cheltenham or IRL? If so, who?

Real life, this season, Sheffield United. Not mighty, at all. If you went to the game you'll know what I mean when I say 'a friendly turning into a training match'. By far the worse the game I've ever watched. Didn't help travelling all the way down south though ;)

Real life, this season, Sheffield United. Not mighty, at all. If you went to the game you'll know what I mean when I say 'a friendly turning into a training match'. By far the worse the game I've ever watched. Didn't help travelling all the way down south though ;)

Well put it this way. A few years ago we were in the 7th tier. You were in the Premier League. Our biggest ever transfer fee paid is £20,000. We haven't paid a fee for a player for 7 years.

I will let you work out who is doing better ;)

Well put it this way. A few years ago we were in the 7th tier. You were in the Premier League. Our biggest ever transfer fee paid is £20,000. We haven't paid a fee for a player for 7 years.

I will let you work out who is doing better ;)

There isn't anything to work out :(

Archived