Eredivisie 2008/2009 - Sponsored by McDonald's, McDuck and McClaren

Roger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Best of 3 for the Europa League place?? Am I reading that correct?

Yes, No. 6 v No, 9 and No. 7 v No. 8 best of three, the winners go again in a best of three to decide who gets the ticket:

So:

Tie A FC Groningen v FC Utrecht in a best of three (dates 14/5 & 17/5 and if needed 21/5)

Tie B Feyenoord v NAC in a best of three (dates 14/5 & 18/5 and if needed 21/5)

Then Winner Tie A v winner Tie B in a best of three (dates 24/5 & 28/5 and if needed 31/5), winner of this Tie gets a ticket for the second qualifying round Europe League

Not sure but I think that a draw can be a result as well, eg. One draw and a win for Team A against Team B will send Team A thru to the next round.

If both teams win once then the 3rd game will/can go to overtime and pens if needed.

Feel a bit sorry for Volendam, but hey the team with the least points go down.

But they played often or tried it at least nice attractive football and not with 10 men in there own pen area.

Also the budget (begroting) of AZ will be raised from 30M€ to 40M€ for next season and AZ want to add a second ring to the DSB stadium a.s.a.p.

After consulting with the KNVB and all involved clubs the KNVB has decided to start the play offs next Saturday instead of Thursday May 14th for various reasons, one of them was that Feyenoord had to play at home on Monday 18th May, one day after the cupfinal which is being held in the De Kuip.

Here the new schedule for the playoffs for the Europe League play offs, click here to see a overview of the schedule.

16 May: FC Utrecht - FC Groningen, NAC Breda - Feyenoord.

21 May: FC Groningen - FC Utrecht, Feyenoord - NAC Breda.

If needed the third games will be played on 24 May: FC Groningen - FC Utrecht, Feyenoord - NAC (highest ended teams in the regular competition play at home)

De Second round as follows

28 May: FC Utrecht - Feyenoord/NAC of Feyenoord/NAC - FC Groningen.

31 May: Feyenoord/NAC - FC Utrecht of FC Groningen - Feyenoord/NAC.

If needed the third game will played on June 3rd: Feyenoord/NAC - FC Utrecht of FC Groningen - Feyenoord/NAC (highest ended team in the regular competition play at home).

Nice to see that Roda stayed up :thup:

Well not quite - they have to go through the playoffs but they get the nicer of the 2 draws though. They will play either TOP or Dordrecht and if they win that either Zwolle or Cambuur - none of these clubs have been in the Eredivisie of recent times so Roda should have no probs.

De Graafschap may have a tougher time as they have to play either Telstar or MVV first (which they should win) but then its either RKC or Excelsior which is a much tougher proposition.

Well not quite - they have to go through the playoffs but they get the nicer of the 2 draws though. They will play either TOP or Dordrecht and if they win that either Zwolle or Cambuur - none of these clubs have been in the Eredivisie of recent times so Roda should have no probs.

De Graafschap may have a tougher time as they have to play either Telstar or MVV first (which they should win) but then its either RKC or Excelsior which is a much tougher proposition.

Well on paper it seem like Roda JC has a very good chance of staying up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the loose in the first round against a much weaker opponent, they can now thin, hey we have beaten Feyenoord on there home turf so we should win this and under estimate Telstar/MVV

The jury, led by Johan Cruijff has been crowned Eljero Elia Talent of the year.

The FC Twente Winger has several EPL clubs interested in him but he will decide on his future after the cup final next Sunday

Who knows anything about Rene Bot?

He's on trial with us.

Here (not totally accurate) you can see statistics of the last 5 years when he was at De Graafschap.

In his first two seasons he played much but got out of the picutre the last three seasons.

He mostly playes RB can also play CB.

He got his first games in the Eredivisie when at Feyenoord, then he moved to De Graafschap, were he was a very hard defender, some TV reporter mentioned that Bot shouldn't be playing football because his tackle are often to hard.

Bot got because of his style a lot of bookings during his career.

This season he started 8 games and got 9 sub appearances.

I think he can handle the game in Scotland, but he isn't a going to be the best defender in the SPL if he stays, but maybe useful as a sub.

El Hamdaoui honoured in the Netherlands

AZ Alkmaar forward Mounir El Hamdaoui has been named Dutch Player of the Season, ahead of FC Groningen keeper Luciano and FC Twente attacker Eljero Elia, and will receive the Golden Boot at a gala event on 31 August.

Top scorer

The Rotterdam-born Moroccan international, who previously played for SBV Excelsior, Tottenham Hotspur FC, Derby County FC and Willem II, has been at AZ since September 2007. He played a huge role in their first title success in 28 years, with his 23 goals making him the Eredivisie's top scorer. He is the first AZ player to win the Golden Boot, which is awarded on the basis of assessments by former internationals throughout the course of the season. The 24-year-old El Hamdaoui succeeds John Heitinga as Player of the Year, with the defender having moved from AFC Ajax to Club Atlético de Madrid last summer. AZ will play in next season's UEFA Champions League group stage.

Good choice :thup:

After Co Adriaanse has dismissed that he will join Ajax as manager, now also Rijkaard has said so:

Rijkaard not going to Ajax

who is left then, R. Koeman, no.

According to ESPN Soccernet other candidates reportedly on Ajax's radar are Danny Blind, Ron Jans, Morten Olsen and Michael Laudrup.

Jans will not come, I think. Laudrup was sacked by CSKA Moscow (iirc), wouldn't mind he would take the job.

• SI Staff
After Co Adriaanse has dismissed that he will join Ajax as manager, now also Rijkaard has said so:

According to ESPN Soccernet other candidates reportedly on Ajax's radar are Danny Blind, Ron Jans, Morten Olsen and Michael Laudrup.

Jans will not come, I think. Laudrup was sacked by CSKA Moscow (iirc), wouldn't mind he would take the job.

Laudrup hasn't particularly done a lot either.... must say Blind, Olsen and Laudrup wouldn't make me happy :D Don't see Jans joining either.

That's him, Bot is on the same level.

Marvelous, just what we need. :rolleyes:

He scored a quite remarkable headed own goal that any striker would be proud of during that period; thankfully though, we won that game 4-3 with a 94th minute winner.

That was probably his only significant contribution during the 5 month spell.

Laudrup was at Spartak. But I think he'd do well in Holland

I don't think you can get Olsen before the 2010 World Cup has been played (or after Denmark has been knocked out of the qualifying, but as it looks now we should be able to qualify)

BTW-why the hell would they want Blind? They sacked him a few years ago after a bad season :confused:

BTW-why the hell would they want Blind? They sacked him a few years ago after a bad season :confused:

Wasn't a really bad season in my opinion. His situation wasn't easy because he had to care the team after Koeman left during the season. Blind still won the cup, though.

Indeed, wasn;t a bad season at all but he got some trouble with players and board after he took over from Koeman.

I prefer Laudrup to Blind, Jans, and Olsen. May as well try Bergkamp. :D
Bergkamp got his license yesterday so he is allowed to manage the highest level. Why not,

But I prefer Laudrup don't know why but.

Laudrup was sacked by CSKA Moscow (iirc)
Laudrup was at Spartak

Knew something was wrong when I wrote that ;)

Van Gaal till 2011 manager of Bayern Munich

One of the deals is that Bayern will play a friendly in Alkmaar.

To bad he leaves, was always fun in the press conferences after the games.

Even though I'm an Ajax-fan, I'm very sorry to see him go. And with AZ going into the CL next year, it feels like unfinished business to me. I can understand the lure of Bayern and how this may be his last chance to take on a really big club, but ideally he should have gone at least one year later, imo.

Of that lot, Jans would be my favourite, but as you say, I think it's unlikely he would be all that interested. Though he would at least know half the squad already since they played for Groningen in the past. :D

Blind, Olsen; been there, done that, didn't like it.

So Laudrup, yeah, bring him on!

• SI Staff

I can't imagine you lot wanting either Blind or Olsen again. How about Koeman or Wouters? :D

I am unsure about Laudrup too, but perhaps he can re-kickstart his managerial career at Ajax.

Tough for you guys that Rijkaard and Advocaat and Adriaanse don't want to join...

Even though I'm an Ajax-fan, I'm very sorry to see him go. And with AZ going into the CL next year, it feels like unfinished business to me. I can understand the lure of Bayern and how this may be his last chance to take on a really big club, but ideally he should have gone at least one year later, imo.

Yes, I am a Ajax fan as well, but I really thought that he would stay for at least one more seasons (or a half season) to finish his achievements with AZ, playing in the CL.

TBH, Bayern isn't that a big club anymore in CL terms, bigger then any club in Holland by miles, but the German clubs are (in terms of CL) a bit behind UK and Spain (and maybe even Italy), but I can see that Bayern has a bigger name and of course is still a big club with much more financial basis then any club in Holland, even AZ with Scheringa and then the FC Hollywood thing present as well, I can see that it is a challenge for Van Gaal.

Oh how I wonder how he will handle the press conferences in Germany, that would be fun.

Of that lot, Jans would be my favourite, but as you say, I think it's unlikely he would be all that interested. Though he would at least know half the squad already since they played for Groningen in the past. :D

Blind, Olsen; been there, done that, didn't like it.

So Laudrup, yeah, bring him on!

Yep, I also think that Jans can't succeed at a bigger club, he is more of "provinciaal" kind of manger and Feyenoord, AZ, Ajax and PSV are out of his league to manage, he lack the skills to handle the pressure/media coverage etc at those big clubs.

I certainly hope they don't go for Blind, he is now technical manager iirc and is doing not bad, if he becomes manager they need a new TD. Olsen is on his way to the WC 2010 with Denmark so I don;t think he will swap jobs and he has been here already.

In conclusion, bring in Laudrup :D

Sparta is trying to get Add de Mos as there new coach, the current coach, Foeke Booy moves to FC Utrecht as TD.

He has got a two year deal under review, both parties are interested but a agreement hasn't been reached (yet).

How about Koeman or Wouters? :D

Do you want to make me cry, man? :D

I also think that Jans can't succeed at a bigger club, (...) he lacks the skills to handle the pressure/media coverage etc at those big clubs.

I actually think that that is his strong suit; he always seems pretty unfazed by that sort of stuff.

In conclusion, bring in Laudrup

Seems we're in agreement! :thup::)

AZ news:

Martin Jol and Henk ten Cate are on the radar of AZ to become new manager of AZ.

also Gertjan Verbeek pops up, he was in a earlier stage in the running to become assistant of Van Gaal to become head coach when/if Van Gaal should leave. Last year when Van Gaal wanted to quit (but the players wanted to keep him so he stayed) Verbeek was also the main candidate to become manger of AZ.

Martin Jol would be good for AZ - other than that, I hope they get a 'name' onboard as the team deserve a good crack at the Champions League. (On that note, does anyone know what seed they will get? 2nd or 3rd?)

Fine choices both, but why would they want to come? :confused:

No idea, got this form the highly reliable news paper De Telegraaf, so it must be true :D

But Jol is at the moment loosing everything (prizes) with HSV, so at AZ he can play CL and work with a nice group of players.

Ten Cate, no he is happy in Greece.

• SI Staff

Laudrup schrapt zichzelf van kandidatenlijst Ajax

Geschreven op donderdag, 14 mei om 10:16

Michael Laudrup vindt zichzelf niet capabel om Marco van Basten op te volgen bij Ajax. De 44-jarige Deense oefenmeester is de Nederlandse taal niet machtig en ziet daarom een functie als hoofdtrainer in Amsterdam niet zitten. “Dat verklaart ook waarom ik niet speculeer over een terugkeer naar Nederland.”

“Mijn Nederlands is niet goed genoeg. En hetzelfde geldt voor Duitsland”, zo zegt de oud-speler van onder meer Juventus, Barcelona, Real Madrid en Ajax in het Deense Politiken. De 104-voudig Deens international werd ook genoemd als nieuwe hoofdcoach bij VfL Wolfsburg. De koploper van Duitsland ziet haar huidige keuzeheer, Felix Magath, na dit seizoen vertrekken naar Schalke 04.

Laudrup begon zijn trainerscarrière als assistent bij het Deens nationale elftal. Vervolgens was hij vier jaar lang de eindverantwoordelijke bij Brøndby IF. Daarna verkaste de Scandinaviër naar Getafe om de Spaanse club in 2008 na een jaar te verruilen voor Spartak Moskou. In Rusland werd Laudrup echter in april van dit jaar alweer ontslagen, na slechts zeven maanden in dienst te zijn geweest.

AZ news:

Martin Jol and Henk ten Cate are on the radar of AZ to become new manager of AZ.

also Gertjan Verbeek pops up, he was in a earlier stage in the running to become assistant of Van Gaal to become head coach when/if Van Gaal should leave. Last year when Van Gaal wanted to quit (but the players wanted to keep him so he stayed) Verbeek was also the main candidate to become manger of AZ.

Despite losing all in the last couple of weeks, HSV is a bgger club and they got more money then AZ so getting Jol will be really hard. Ten Cate is more realistic. After Panathinaikos' crap season he'll probably get sacked soon

Hehe read that statement from Laudrup on a Danish website :D

WTF? For some reason he thinks that every club in Europe wants him. But I seriously doubt that he'll get job propositions from better clubs then Ajax and Wolfsburg

But Jol is at the moment loosing everything (prizes) with HSV, so at AZ he can play CL and work with a nice group of players.

Despite losing all in the last couple of weeks, HSV is a bgger club and they got more money then AZ so getting Jol will be really hard. Ten Cate is more realistic. After Panathinaikos' crap season he'll probably get sacked soon

Agree, but maybe Jol wants to play in the CL also, and this is the chance for him. It will cost money to get Jol, but if they can make a deal the money from Bayern (for Van Gaal) goes to HSV.

Read on a Dutch website that Bayern is paying 1M€ to AZ and to play a friendly game in Alkmaar. So they can use some part of that 1M€ to buy out Jol.

Ofcourse if he is interested in the move, which isn't sure at all, this is all rumors form the internet

Archived