Eredivisie 2008/2009 - Sponsored by McDonald's, McDuck and McClaren

Roger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any idea what would happen with Wagner and Partners Stadium that I can see through my room window?

According to Wiki the club doesn't own the stadium any more because of the financial problems, but is now owned by a project development company.

Yes there are rumours he will get sacked, although I personally believe they should give him 1 more year.

How bad did he do? I was under the impression he was doing OK.

How bad did he do? I was under the impression he was doing OK.

Just in general, Panathinaikos have not been good enough. Their appearance in the Knockout Stages of the CL is the ONLY bright spot of the whole season and even then, a different gameplan in the final leg would have seen them beat Villarreal. Henk Ten Cate is not completely to blame, some of the players have been playing poorly. Hopefully Panathinaikos spend £20M + like they did last year and bring in some top quality players and he can hopefully make them work. I wouldn't be suprised to see him get the sack, but Panathinaikos need success and they need it now.

Well on paper it seem like Roda JC has a very good chance of staying up, but I wouldn't be surprised if the loose in the first round against a much weaker opponent, they can now thin, hey we have beaten Feyenoord on there home turf so we should win this and under estimate Telstar/MVV

As said, under estimated the opponant:

FC Dordrecht - Roda JC 1-1.

Friday the second game in Kerkrade, the winner goes to the next and last round of the promotion/relegation play offs.

Well informed sources within the club (Ajax) have leaked that Morton Olsen will sign a two year contract on Friday, and he will (try) to combine this with his contract at the Danish National team.

Well, I don't buy it, can't believe that the Danish FA will allow this. Cann't see him come to the ArenA.

Well we won the double in his first year, and the next broertjes De Boer started there "We want to better contracts - or read - we want to join barca, which didn't help him much.

but the one thing he did got going very well was the style of play, the first season we had a goal difference of 90 (still a record in the eredivisie) and a points total o 89, best total of points since the seventies, so the style of play was very good (attacking and all that), he just had a problem that he took over from after a golden era and some players wanted to leave very badly.

• SI Staff

his problem is that he took over after Louis van Gaal - a bunch of players already having achieved a lot of success and wanting to expand their horizons. I can't remember thinking Olsen was very good - but I do recall that Ajax overall, with slighty decreasing material were still a good side. When Olsen left, things got worse and well - Ajax have (luckily) been disappointing ever since.

h, things got worse and well - Ajax have (luckily) been disappointing ever since.

not a big fan of my team he ;)

his problem is that he took over after Louis van Gaal - a bunch of players already having achieved a lot of success and wanting to expand their horizons. I can't remember thinking Olsen was very good - but I do recall that Ajax overall, with slighty decreasing material were still a good side. When Olsen left, things got worse and well - Ajax have (luckily) been disappointing ever since.

Yes, the team was full with players who won almost everything at the club, but still a nice team who set a record for goal differance (+90).

More FC Twente news, Edson Braafheid are on the radars of Schalke04, PSV and Tottenham Spurs, Eljero Elia has gotten the attention of HSV and some other clubs.

Oh, how I hate this, when ever a club does OK the foreign clubs come by to buy out the best players, I hope all can stay, but think that Eilia and Arnautovic will leave.

Get Cissé in as replacement for Arnaytovic and what about Castelen as a replacement for Eilia, Castelen isn't playing much (even when fit).

Castelen is nowhere near as good as Elia, though, is he?

Which reminds me, whatever happened to Tim Vincken?

I have to say, the Arnautovic news surprises me; the lad is talented, but I hadn't expected clubs this big being in for him, for this sorta money, just yet.

Think Twente might be able to take Ryan Babel off Liverpool's hands for a very decent amount. :D

Actually that's a joke, I don't think Babel would be interested in coming back to Holland right now.

Castelen is nowhere near as good as Elia, though, is he?

Right here, but with Stevie at the helm, never know what he can get out of Castelen, he will not cost much, maybe even as a back up, but I agree,

Elia >>> Castelen

Which reminds me, whatever happened to Tim Vincken?

Injured, fit again, injured, the story of his life, see here (old article but).

I have to say, the Arnautovic news surprises me; the lad is talented, but I hadn't expected clubs this big being in for him, for this sorta money, just yet.

It surprised me too, that he would gain intresesstd form clubs like Genua etc, but not yet form the big ones (Chelsea, Inter).

I would say, sell him, nice amount of money and you never know what will happen next season, he could hit a dip/injury.

Think Twente might be able to take Ryan Babel off Liverpool's hands for a very decent amount. :D

Actually that's a joke, I don't think Babel would be interested in coming back to Holland right now.

That would be really a big scoop it he moves to Twente.

the only way I see it happen if it would be a loan move (Twente does play CL, oh well at least two games), Babel will never transfer back to Holland at this time.

Injured, fit again, injured, the story of his life, see here (old article but).

Cheers for that. So, not a suitable transfer target for Twente then.

It surprised me too, that he would gain intresesstd form clubs like Genua etc, but not yet form the big ones (Chelsea, Inter).

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of club I would have been thinking about too. Though Genoa is 5th in Serie A currently, so that's nothing to be sniffed at either. But still, a lot different than the likes of Inter.

And I have to agree with you, 14M is simply too much for a club like Twente to ignore. Sell him, and get a suitable replacement.

That would be really a big scoop it he moves to Twente.

the only way I see it happen if it would be a loan move (Twente does play CL, oh well at least two games), Babel will never transfer back to Holland at this time.

And Liverpool wants to sell, in fact they need to sell quite a few players to make room for new ones, so a loan wouldn't be happening.

Still trying to think of who Twente could go for. Wasn't Jeremain Lens allowed to leave? Though with his injury record you might have to wonder if that's such a good idea.

Roy Beerens would be good for them too, but no way that's going to happen either.

Copied from the Liverpool thread:

With Babel, there is a 5 million pound offer from Roma for him. Not been accepted, not been rejected but I think Babel will be leaving this summer. From what I gather, Rafa is holding out for a bigger bid.

Twente, Roma, same thing, really. :D

He's not going to Roma, that game doesn't suit him at all, see Van Der Meyde Ajax -> Inter.

Results of the play off of today

FC Groningen 		[b]4 - 0	[/b] 	FC Utrecht
9'	Marcus Berg		 	 
31'	Goran Lovre		 
46'	Marcus Berg	 
64'	Tim Matavz		 	 

Feyenoord Rotterdam 	[b]0 - 4[/b]	 	NAC Breda
31'	 	 	0 - 1		Rob Penders
53'	 	 	0 - 2		Martijn Reuser
85'	 	 	0 - 3		Kees Kwakman
87'	 	 	0 - 4		Joonas Kolkka

Which means that FC GRoningen and NAC (after the results of the first game) will play the play off final;

FT:

NAC Breda 		[b]3 - 2[/b] 	Feyenoord

Rob Penders (56)		Roy Makaay (pen 69)
Donny Gorter (pen 60)		John Dahl Tomasson (pen 87)	 
Matthew Amoah (83)
Van Der Leegte (2 x Yellow 86)

So Feyenoord must win the next game to get a 3rd and final game in this round. The second and eventual 3rd game will both be played In De Kuip.

FT:

FC Utrecht 	[b]3-3[/b] 	FC Groningen
Cornelisse (6)		Berg (18, 49,75/ pen)
George (48)
Skoubo (59)

The team who wins the next game will proceed to the next round.

If the both then draw again, a 3rd game will be played.

The 2nd (and possible 3rd) game(s) wil be played in Groningen.

This surely was the final straw for Feyenoord? No money. No big sponsors on the horizon (and with the crisis, that's not remotely likely and then we don't even talk about Feyenoords disastrous past with sponsoring and money in general, which will put off any investors). No good players bar two or three and those are all weighing heavily on the wage bill. Apart from the fact that both Gio and Roy Makaay surely won't want to end their carreers with this hopeless club.

I can't see Feyenoord coming back near the top any time soon.

Not heard it before, but is he really want to go back it will be most likely his beloved PSV (Although maybe FC Twente could be nice one as well, for the experience he has at European level).

This surely was the final straw for Feyenoord? No money. No big sponsors on the horizon (and with the crisis, that's not remotely likely and then we don't even talk about Feyenoords disastrous past with sponsoring and money in general, which will put off any investors). No good players bar two or three and those are all weighing heavily on the wage bill. Apart from the fact that both Gio and Roy Makaay surely won't want to end their carreers with this hopeless club.

I can't see Feyenoord coming back near the top any time soon.

Today it was confirmed by the Feyenoord board that the group of investors (they had a group of business man who wanted to invest 60M€, with some conditions like 3 places in the board, have a look at the whole financial books and not to use that 60M€ for old debts) that they all with drew (cause the credit crunch) so, no money for Feyenoord next year and they have to cut down in budget (mostly wage budget).

plan van aanpak

licentie intrekken

Volendam terugbrengen naar Eredivisie

verder met 18 ploegen in Eredivisie en 18 ploegen in Jupiler League

Simple. :D

Let's email that to Zeist, best plan I have heard regarding the Eredivisie, especially the bring back Volendam part :thup::D

Some Eredivisie news:

Marcus Berg (FC Groningen) is in the picture of AZ in case Dembele moves to Italy since many serie A clubs (Juventus, Genua) are interested in Dembele.

Arnautovic is close to moving to the UK, since Chelsea is willing to meet the demands of FC Twente and Arnautovic has a slight favor for the EPL over the Serie A.

Inter already made a offer for Arnautovic of 11M€ and 3M€ in installments. Chelsea is willing to offer the 14M€ as one fee.

Businessman Perridon (of the Thurst Company), frontman of the group investers who are willing to invest (aprox. 60M€) in Feyenoord under a certain condition, has said in the Dutch newpaper, De Telegraaf, that Feyenoord is going to be the next Fortuna Sittard if the board of Feyenoord keeps working like they do and not listening to others.

ahh, that is not (yet) in the Dutch press, that he will loaned back, would be better for him tbh, stay another year at Twetne, play CL and than make the step to the Bridge.

He is not (yet) ready for EPL I think, he is a kind of Zlatan like player, one who can create and who can finish.

PSV wants Cissé (RODA JC).

The new coach, Rutten, has asked PSV to get in contact with Roda JC regarding Cissé, PSV didn't made a offer yet, but are allowed to speak with the player (well that means he can leave).

I hope he goes to Twente.

ADO have been linked to Koevermans, which seems too good to be true

ha ha ha, that is a good laugh. :) no, just can't be Koef will not go.

- but if PSV also get Cisse they'll defo need to get rid of Koef and Lazovic
If this happens I recon they want to get rid of Lazovic first after all the misconducts during this season (have posted a item about this but couldn't find it) and keep Koef as backup/target man/pinch hitter role.

Not Eredivisie but still Dutch football.

Bert van Marwijk has announced the provisional selection for the upcoming WQ qualifiers against Iceland (June 6th away) and Norway (10th June home): Ibrahim Afellay (PSV), Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Mark van Bommel (Bayern München), Khalid Boulahrouz (Stuttgart), Edson Braafheid (FC Twente), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), Eljero Elia (FC Twente), John Heitinga (Atletico Madrid), Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Real Madrid), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), Dirk Kuijt (Liverpool), Dirk Marcellis (PSV), Joris Mathijsen (HSV), David Mendes da Silva (AZ), Andre Ooijer (Blackburn), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Real Madrid), Stijn Schaars (AZ), Wesley Sneijder (Real Madrid), Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Henk Timmer (Feyenoord), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax), Demy de Zeeuw (AZ).

The defenitive selection will be announced on may 29th

Most surprising name is the winger of FC Twente, Eljero Elia.

Remember when Neeskens announced his squad for the B international? He read it alphabetically, and a journalist wanted it to be repeated. "Was it too fast?" "Yes, Johan. "Okay, I'll read it again." "Usually, it's according to the positions." "Ah, then, no."
:p copy/paste it, couldn't be bothered since it is a pre selection.

Roda JC got lucky (again) against FC Dordrecht, with very bad play and lots of chances wasted, Roda JC won 1-0 and with the draw of the 1st game Roda JC qualified for the last play off round (promotion/relegation) against either FC Zwolle/sc Cambuur. (They play a 3rd game).

In the other part of the draw, RKC and De Graafschap both secured there places in the last round of the play offs.

De Graafaschap won at MVV (2-3) in the first game and drew at home 2-2.

RKC won at woudenstein from Excelsior 1-2 and also drew there home game 1-1.

RKC and De Graafschap will play a best of 3 to determine who goes to the Eredivisie next year.

Arsenal is preparing a offer to lure Thomas Vermaelen away from Ajax according to AD Sportwereld.nl.

Vermaelen mostly played LB this year but he prefers CB, Vermaelen has been scouted extensively over the past weeks by scouts of the Gunners.

Earlier Aston Villa were interested in Vermaelen, but a offer never came in (yet).

Will be bad news for the new manager of Ajax to miss Vermaelen.

• SI Staff
ha ha ha, that is a good laugh. :) no, just can't be Koef will not go.

If this happens I recon they want to get rid of Lazovic first after all the misconducts during this season (have posted a item about this but couldn't find it) and keep Koef as backup/target man/pinch hitter role.

"We" need to start building now, and try to gain something for next season and finish maybe 12th (which we could have!)

I would say Koevermans is out of my league, but if we are seriously gunning for those type of players - I am really really please. We almost loaned Lazovic when he was still at Feyenoord. We are now also linked to Gentenaar - so I appreciate us going after slightly higher names. Although no, I don't think De Koef will join.

It is good to have ambition and a long term plan (the ambition is to much and the long term plan is 1 day in case of feyenoord) and you never know if players/names like that will join on loan or so. Gentenaar is a good option, he is getting older, so he knows no top club will come for him, while he still can be very important for a club for experience etc..

AZ news: Donk will return to AZ after his loan season at WBA. WBA relegated form the EPL and have to cut down the cost and therefore they will not activate the option to buy (and he was rubbish at well).

I've read that if we sign Arnautovic we'd be wanting to loan him out immediately. Dunno if he's ready to come to England but I'd like the deal.

Dont Chelsea and PSV have some arrangement. So hoping that Chelsea loan PSV Arnautovic

Dont Chelsea and PSV have some arrangement. So hoping that Chelsea loan PSV Arnautovic

Yes they have or had, not sure since Slobodan Rajković joined FC Twente from Chelsea on loan instad of going back to PSV on loan where he was last season.

Van Gaal has been crowed best caoch 08/09 by his fellow coaches/managers.

Mario Been (NEC, next season Feyenoord) and Steve McLaren (FC Twente) were also nominated for this award.

Been stopped caring after he got his 'big' transfer (fool, what does he want with that no-hoper skint outfit?), but McLaren was a good shout. Clearly showed what he can do if he has some decent players for a change.

Archived