Premiership Glory Clan 2012

alvaan

Grant-Bolton

Still there after 5 league wins in a row 1 FA cup 4 charity Shields 1 World club cup 1 Champions league 3 league cups and few runners up medals

disastrous start to 6 in a row has saw me lose 4 games all ready less than half way through season I have not lost more than 4 league games in a season for 4 or seasons so looking tricky to defend title this year but we are still hoping

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matej - Everton

------------------------------------------------------

I the first season in Everton was disappointing all around (for me atleast). Could not buy anyone, had to sell a lot. So i was working only with cheap loans all the season. Finished safe above relegation but i obviously wanted to do more.

After the season i sold my best young talent to Grant for 10M so i could buy some. However the core defensive addition didnt get work permit so i had to loan him out. Managed to get some improvement on the wings but the squad was still not very good.

The form was poor in the first half of the season, had a lot of injuries and after Mike left Ipswich i applied for the job and got it.

Ipswich

------------------------------------------------------

So i am back in Ipswich to finish the business here.

Mike spend an incredible 70M+ on transfers so the finances are in dangerous numbers but there is a lot of talent i can offload in the summer to avoid bankruptcy.

The start wasn't kind with the hard fixtures but when the players learn the tactics i think i will be OK, avoid the relegation and push Ipswich up next season.

Jack - Liverpool

I got offered the liverpool job just under half way through the season, naturally being a Liverpool fan I had to take it. We were in the relegation zone so I had to save my club!

I did this by spending over £100million in January, below are the players I signed.

Damian Oviedo - Undoubtedly my marquee signing, wanted by several other human managers, I was able to bring him in quickly and under the radar. High hopes for him, he still has another star to develop aswell. #Veron

FesvJ.png

Henrique - Pepe Reina was still the clubs first choice GK, at the remarkable age of 39. As i'm sure you can imagine, he had declined over the years and a new GK was needed. #SafeHands

RSj1g.png

Matias Mazza - A very technically gifted player, Matias scored 10 in 13 in the league, helping us steer clear of relegation. #ScoresWhenHeWants

jjk3j.png

Thomas Langaneke - Easily my best signing for the smallest fee, Langaneke scored 10 and assisted 15 in 16 appearances for the club. #OnCrack

1ricW.png

Jack - Liverpool part 2.

Scott McGhee - My youngest signing at just 18, Scott is allready a scottish international, and has a whopping 2.5 stars of potential to go. #Exciting

53YeZ.png

Volker Popovic - A player I signed at 16 when I was at Chelsea, Volker is a hugely talented DC, and I have high hopes for him. #Beast

1quND.png

Willian - A pricey brazilian right back, Willian reminds me of Maicon/Dani Alves, great going forward and solid defensively. #Tricky****er

ofNYD.png

Belly - Blackburn

Excellent season as we somehow managed to clinch Champions League Football just ahead of Jimmy and thanks to grant beating Man City in the Champions League Final. Several players will leave the club this summer including the legend that was in Andy Westhead. A broken leg contributed to the end of his Blackburn Career.

Also its the end for Molina, Theo and Chitanava. Thankfully years of youth investment has provided the club with 4 players and this has helped massively and i expect some of these players to go on and become established first team players.

This summer we have a Bank Balance of 16mil and a transfer budget of about 40mil but i live within my means we will not go over the 16mil we have in the bank.

We need a LB CD X2 and DM. Make no mistake if this goes well i will be targetings Kim's 3rd League place.

Until next week.

Belly,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier League

finaltable.png

A fantastic season for my Fulham side as we reclaimed the Premier League crown from the nasty northerners. After destroying kim's side 4-0 at home in the League, and enjoying the lions share of possession in the narrow 1-0 victory in the Charity Shield, these slanderous accusations of 'hoof-and-run' football appear to be falling on deaf ears. It's all very well incorporating a flash short passing game Kim, but you need to take a leaf out of my book and make it count my friend!

Domestic Cups

Battered Grant's Bolton in the League Cup Final (and then slaughtered him 5-0 in a title race 6 pointer) to claim our 3rd League Cup Trophy. Nothing like winning a trophy in style, especially when your opposition label you a 'bottle-job' in the build up.

We were beaten 4-3 in extra time, in what was a thrilling FA Cup Final, with a quality goal from Beya to seal the winner. A little disappointed as this is the 2nd FA Cup Final I have lost in a row, but fairplay, I was the second best team in this encounter.

Champions League

A disappointing campaign in the CL this season, after undeservedly being knocked out in the First Round to Inter. Despite creating chances, we just could not put the ball in the back of the net. This will probably be my main aim for season 12 ahead of the Premier League, but only just.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fulham Player of the Season

A truly fantastic season from Gregory Morel, with 70 goals in 57 appearances across all competitions. He is a big player for me, scoring all sorts of silly goals, from first time long shots to mazy runs with a delicately placed finish.

morel.png

I signed him from Lyon for £5m when he was just a wee 16 year old. After blitzing the U18s League, I promoted him to first team and got him tutored by Arsenal old boy Eduardo. Since they had similar PPM's, and were similar types of player, it was a no-brainer really. Injuries to a couple of my strikers in the 17/18 season meant I was forced to start him for a few games, even though I thought he wasn't ready. I couldn't have been more wrong. He kept his place in the first team with 28 goals in 29 appearance in the Premier League and all at the tender age of 17.

Morel at 16

gregorymorel.png

At 16 you can see he needed work, but first team games sorted those mental attributes and individual training sorted that composure. When I signed him, I believed he'd become the new Thiery Henry, and he is as crucial to my team as Henry was for Arsenal.

My Signing of the Season

Pereira arrived at the Fulham Stadium for a pricy £56m. Originally unearthed and developed by Jack at Norwich, he left on a free to join Lyon, turning down my myself and Kim's Birmingham at the time. He fell off my radar after a few seasons, and I was only reminded of him when he was being courted by both Grant's Bolton and Birmingham.

pereira.png

He hasn't had a bad game yet for me, something to do with his 'very consistant' hidden stat I presume (or maybe his ridiculous physical attributes) and his presence in the team is crucial to my recent success. I play him as a Left Winger, cutting inside, but he can also play as the second striker if necessary.

Season 12 Predictions

Grant & Kim. Both of these guys are spending the by far most amount of money on wages out of all the humans. If they don't finish in the top 2 places this season, they would have underachieved in my opinion. In fact, if Grant doesn't win the League, he would have really underachieved with all the money he's spent on transfer fee's alone. £700m anyone? The Champions League trophy masked what was an underwhelming season domestically speaking.

Belly. After claiming 4th spot and Champions League football, I have the sneaky feeling it may all be too much for Blackburn this season. I predict top 10, but if he can get European Football again, that would be an achievement. He does have Carlos Fierro though, so maybe I'm speaking too soon.

Jimmy. Wolves are in financial crisis at the moment, having spent a lot of money on transfers, but failing to get Champions League to balance the books. I think Jimmy will slide down the table this season, probably to about 6th place. It won't be long before he jumps ship to a bigger club. Man City maybe?

Jack. Has spent a lot of money at Liverpool, but I feel he'll get them into the top half. That would be a very good season, and one they can build on for the future. Having signed the future best AMC in the game (Christian Gruber), the future looks bright.

Davie. Fantastic season for Davie where he finished 7th in the League and qualified for European football. Will probably struggle to emulate that same success for season 12, but Stoke have a good side and I can see Davie maintaining a top 10 finish.

Geir. Has some very good young talents at Villa, and now his PC is up and running again, I imagine he'll push for a top 7 european position. Seems to do better at so called 'mid-table clubs' than at your Man City's of this world.

Matej. Left financially crippled Everton for a potentially financially crippled Ipswich. Unsure whether he can finish higher than say 14th or 13th this season, as he may be forced to sell off some assets, but anything above 15th would be a good season.

Season 11 review - preview season 12

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, season 11 was a massive let down for the Birmingham fans, board and manager. After being top of the league for some time, the away form was what cost us in the end.

fixtures-2.jpg

As you can see, we had a bad end to January, losing away to Blackburn and drawing Spurs away in the league. We capped the bad away form with an away draw in the FA Cup against lower league minnows Hull, but managed to beat them in the replay by 4-0.

We again messed up away to Stoke in the league, and by this time we were already chasing Ali's shadow in the league. We had a tiny bit of hope left, as we were playing both Fulham and Bolton in the run-in of the league. We again drew the shortest straw, as Fulham ramped it up, smashing us 4-0, in what can only be described as a disastrous game for the Blues. Superior finishing from Morel especially was the difference, as the scoreline did not reflect the chances recorded in the game. We can only hold our hand up and say fair play, as Fulham were the better side of the day.

Grant & Kim. Both of these guys are spending the by far most amount of money out of all the humans.

Now why Ali has put this out, I do not know. I can understand why he put Grant's name there, but mine? Who just posted a picture boasting his "signing of the season", which cost a whopping £56.000.000?? It sure wasn't me. And to those of you reading this, were's the proof of this so called "spending spree" from my part Mr.Turner? I will show you the proof.

My transfer dealings over the 11 seasons at Birmingham

transfers-kim.jpg

Now Ali's dealings in the first 12 seasons at Fulham:

transfers-ali.jpg

So there you have it. What was it you said Ali? I think you need to look at yourself before you start pointing fingers at others. As everyone can see, I've had to constantly sell my best players in order to keep the books in balance, and be allowed to buy new talent to come through the ranks. This summer we have had a big summer cleanout, with the headliner being Lenny Nangis who left for Real Madrid at £40M. I also shipped out 3 of my most used wingers in tha latter years, with Tardelli going to Jack's Liverpool, Boyer to Porto and Quiroga to Valencia. I had a few raised eyebrows within the clan to the clearout, but it was all part of my plan to get the board to agree on a new stadium. I've asked twice a season since I took over, but they have constantly blamed poor finances for not building, but they have now finally agreed with me. I do however not yet know how big it will be, when it will be built, how much it will cost, or if they will take on any new loans to cover the cost. I do however now have a very healthy balance in place, and I aim to keep it that way.

All this means however, that I have had to sell off quite alot of key players this summer. It remains to be seen if the youngsters who have been picked up in the summer window, or from the reserves, will be able to step it up. I do think I have to lower my expectations this season, so that means I will settle for a top 4 and continued CL play next year as well. We aim to retain the FA Cup, but are going to play as much of a reserve side possible in the League Cup. In Champions League I do believe we have a shot at the title yet again, as it's me and Grant battling for it the previous two seasons. I can see another final for us if the players click in the manner I hope.

It's still mine and Birmingham's time, this season will be remembered as a mere speedbump on our highway to glory!

Yabba dabba doo yes stoke city finished 7th and we got in the europa league my media prediction was to finish 15th so i think it was a great achievement to finish so high.Now the real test will start can i keep this going for the next season i am hoping to finish in the top 10 again and push to get out the group stage of the europa league anything more than that in euorope will be a bonus

I think it would be prudent to point out that this is what I actually posted kim.

Grant & Kim. Both of these guys are spending the by far most amount of money on wages out of all the humans.

And this is what you quoted, or edited rather. ;)

Grant & Kim. Both of these guys are spending the by far most amount of money out of all the humans.

Grant's Bolton and Kim's Birmingham occupied 2nd and 3rd spot on the annual salary list, with Man City topping the chart. I finished a mere 7th, the 4th biggest spender on wages out of all the humans last season.

Matej - Ipswich

----------------------------------------------------------

So after the season Ipswich was in pretty bad shape (financially) but the board took a loan and i was out of the red again. I offloaded a lot of big contracts in the summer so i am from 30k over budget -> 100k under now.

Bought in some replacements for the players i had to sell. Noone special tho.

The core of the team is almost unchanged since i took over. I liked the types of players i had, they fit my tactic well. I will again rely on Mendez, de Campo, Almeida and Pjanic to produce like last season.

Start of the new season:

I had a really tough starting fixtures against: Kim, Grant, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal so i was really skeptical about the start of the season but i only lost to Grant and Man City and am now on a 8 game unbeaten streak.

The team looks good but the players seem to lose concentration in the final minutes which cost me 2 or 3 wins already.

For the first time in the clan, in most games i am the better team (or equal at least) so i am looking forward the rest of the season.

Premier League so far...

My Fulham side are currently occupy pole position in the race for the Premier League title, but there's sill a long way to go yet. I still have to play Grant's Bolton at home, and Kim's Birmingham away, as well as tough games against Belly's Blackburn and Man City. I need to pick up points in those fixtures and win my other remaining fixtures to really stand a strong chance. After losing 7-2 away to a rampant Bolton side (payback for that 5-0 no doubt), my morale was severely damaged and a couple of players were playing nervously in the following few games. Not only did it end my 41-game unbeaten run in the Premier League, it also made me realise that I still have some strengthening to do when it comes to my squad.

Domestic Cups

Through to the final of the League Cup for the 4th consecutive year, and will again face Bolton at Wembley after another terrific Bedfordshire Derby between Belly's Blackburn and my Fulham side, ending 5-5 on aggregate (with the away goal advantage swinging in my favour).

I face West Brom in the FA Cup first game on monday's session. After getting the the final in the last 2 years, and losing both times to Kim's Birmingham and Norwich, I'd really like to pick up this trophy this season, or at least sometime in the near future.

Current Star Players

Pereira has been my best player so far this season, with an average rating of 8.12 in the Premier League alone. The £56m signing from Lyon had to make do in his weaker role as a support striker for the majority of last season, when Ivan Landaburu was sidelined with a couple of niggling injuries. This season however, he has been ever-present in the AML position, often cutting inside and unleashing rockets into the back of the oppositions net, or supplying drilled crosses for simple tap-ins. He is currently the best performer in the Premier League, ahead of Bolton's Ballon' dor winner Bangoura.

Landaburu is currently enjoying the best season of his career so far. The 23 year old Argentinian can play on either wings, but is at home when up top. Initially bought as a rotation player, he has forced his way into the first team and is now one of the first names on the team sheet with 28 goals in 24 Premier League Appearances.

While it's unlikely he'll out perform Gregory Morel's 70 goals in 56 appearances last season, he has forced me to switch the roles of my two strikers, with Morel playing deeper and linking the midfield with the attack. With 14 goals and 13 assists in 24 apps, I'm pleased with Morel's performances in this position, but I'll be looking for him to get back to his best form next season.

Honourable mention has to go to Joshua Bos. My 22-year-old DC has been a rock in the defence, dominating majority of the aerial battles and making very few mistakes.

Transfer Window

I was out priced of 2 big name targets this January, but I did manage the surprise capture of Kevin Avila Garcia from Jimmy's old Wolves side for a reasonable £16m. This 20 year old has massive potential and I have no doubt he'll become a World Class midfielder. The problem I have is fitting him into my squad. Rory Burrell has nailed down a central midfield position, crucial in both attack and defence, whilst my deep-lying playmaker (Armine Petit) is my captain. Then there's my young 'Mascherano-esque' defensive midfielder I'm working hard on developing, and a couple of even younger central mids I have out on loan in the Championship. Still, it's a nice problem to have I guess.

Belly - Blackburn

Decent week by me, Need to keep it up and hopefully secure that 3rd place from Kimbo

Not much else to add atm

More in depth update later on in the week.

Belly

Kim - Blue side of Birmingham

League:

After 29 games there's one thing that's clear for the blue side of town; we do not score enough goals this season. Defensively we've been solid enough, but 10 draws from 29 games will tell you that we've wasted ALOT of chances this season. We do not have the Brouwer/Morel/Landaburu type up front at the moment, even though Lapa is showing signs he may be just that if he can stay fit for a whole season. Anyhow, I'm still fairly pleased with the season so far, having played some beautiful football throughout, but we're just lacking that little bit of cutting edge at the moment. I posted some pics last week about the transfers going out of the club, and to be honest, they've been quite massive this season. The sale of club legend Lenny Nangis was sure to have an impact on our goalscoring tally, but I'm confident it was the correct decision in the long run.

We're surprisingly enough in a dogfight for 3rd/4th place this year with Belly! Who would have thought, the well known Butcher would let go of his sins and revert to playing some actual football?? It's come as a big shock to not only his fellow clansmen, but also the entire staff and team at Ewood Park. The crown of being the top clogger now solely belong to Ali 'BottleJob' Turner! (proof provided yet again, below)

discipin.jpg

Domestic cups:

We lost 1-2 at home to Ali in the LC quarter finals in a very close game earlier in the season. Gutted to lose against my main nemesis, but not too bothered about going out of the Mickey Mouse cup really, and nor were the board & fans.

In the FA Cup however, the story was a complete different one. As we were drawn against League 1 midtable Portsmouth at home, I opted to let a full reserve & youth team play the game. I think I will just leave you with the picture to figure out how that went.

fa-cup-result-1.jpg

Champions League:

Here we have gone from strength to strength, going undefeated through the group stages with 5 wins and 1 draw, scoring 22 and only conceded 4. We then got German outfit Stuttgart in the 1st Knockout Stage, and comprehensively beat them 0-6 away! Carlinhos led the way by scoring 4 of the goals, and was of course awarded Man of the Match award for his performance. The return leg should now only be a formality, so I expect some young faces to get European experience. With Grant and Ali both still in the cup, they are the two sides I most want to avoid in the quarter finals. If I can keep away for those two until at least the semi's, or even the final, I think we have a good shot at capturing the bucket once again.

Finances, stadium and the road ahead:

At the current time, the board are still in the planning stages of the new stadium. They've told me the planning will be done early/mid august, so I have highhopes for the new season and hope they announce big big plans for a brand new home to Birmingham fans & players. I've been looking hard around to find someone to come in at a reasonable price (not £56m or £95m) who can bolster our 1st team, but I have come up emptyhanded. With the current crop of youngsters coming through at St.Andrews, I cannot see anyone out there who's currently better than what I already got, unless you're willing to spend upwards of the £100m mark. I'm already pretty certain that I won't be signing anyone this summer again, except maybe a few youngsters to bring into the academy. This has got nothing to do with lack of finances, because at the time being we have a bank balance of almost £100m. The sole reason for this though, is the ammount of players I sold this season. Net transfer spend in the current season is -£138M, and we've also brought our total wage bill to nearly a million now. This means that we're now only spending the 8th highest wages, although we do have 55 players total in our club, compared to Ali's 30. I do want to spend huge ammount of money on players as well really, but that's not an option under the current regime. I don't want to end up in administration, and I've been too close once before. The fact is that we can't get any higher attendances in our current stadium, the club's not getting the same ammount of money per ticket as Ali/Grant, and we're especially lacking on the sponsorship front. I have just gotten a new board last night though, so there might be some hope of changes to the financial side at the end of the season. Unless the board is willing to invest money into the club soon, I will be forced to look elsewhere if I want to compete with the big boys really.

--Kim

Geir - Aston Villa

Doing good. could have been better, but the game dont like me.

who else can lose a game 2-3 on a throw in and two corners.....

Financially... could have been better.

squad...could have been better and more dept

manager - f off

Geir - Villa

Matej - Ipswich

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ipswich is not doing well at the moment.

The first half of the season was superb. I only lost to the big guns :) and was with 30 points on 8th place, so i was hoping that i will be attacking the euro competition places in the end.

But the drop of form and thin squad started to show after the new year. Terrible form saw us drop to 12th place. I wont be relegated and can reach 9th place at best.

Pretty disapponting end of season.

If i wont be in the red, i want to spend in the summer. I need a LWB, ST and AML.

Belly - Blackburn

Good season overall but shocking finish so i will focus on the positives. We were predicted 7th and finished 5th. We reached the last 16 of the champions league and semi final of the league cup. We rose 100 placed in the european rankings and extended our ground. Our finances are very healthy and the squad will soon see the introduction of 3 new quality players to strengthen the squad.

Next season will be very competative with Jack and Geir now firmly challenging for top 6. I will be aiming again for a champion league finish and maybe some cup success in the Europa League.

This was in addition to winning away 1-0 at our local rivals Ali's Fulham.

You have to keep the good and bad in context of the bigger picture. Looking forward to another good season with the Rovers.

Until Next Week,

Belly

Kim - Birmingham

All in all a disappointing season for the Blues. Knocked out of the League Cup in the Quarters, out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round, and lost in the Champions League semi-final to the Bottler. The league season was over way too early as well, so there wasn't much in it for us this year. As I've stated earlier there's a new stadium under planning, so the aim now is just to stay in contention until the new stadium is built, while we keep a close eye on the financial side of things.

I've only made 1 major signing this season, bringing in attaking left winger Marciano on a £13m deal from Man City. We have also of course brought in a new batch of youngsters to bolster the future at St.Andrews, bringing the total transfer fees spent to £16m for 8 players. 10 players have moved out of the club as well, although 3 are only loans. Yet again, we've spent less than we've sold for, so the bank balance has risen by £8.5m during the summer shopping so far.

There are only 3 players in my current squad who are over 25 years of age. This is largely one of the reason for our somewhat inconsistency I would imagine, but the players grow for each season, and there's only a matter of time before they all spring into bloom. When that happens, watch out!

--Kim

Premier League: Runners Up

After a mid-season flop where I lost 3 games in a row, I surrendered the title to Grant's Bolton and he never looked back. I amassed 89 points, 7 short of my winning total last season, which wouldn't have been enough to win the league in the last few years. Both my strikers were firing this season, finishing 2nd and 4th in the goal scoring charts respectively, whilst Tobias Berg finished 2nd in the assists chart.

FA Cup: Runners Up

Lost in the Final to Grant's Bolton. Lost 2-1, could have gone either way.

League Cup: Runners Up

Lost in the Final to Grant's Bolton. Probably didn't deserve to win this anyway, after failing to dominate the opposition after they had a man red carded. Lost on penalties.

Champions League: Runners Up

Lost in the Final to Barcelona. Was probably the better team over the 90 mins + extra time with more shots, chances etc, but ended up losing on penalties.

Community Shield: Winners!

Beat Kim's Birmingham 1-0 after a wonder strike from Pereira.

Conclusion

I need a serious re-think when it comes to finals. It seems I have no problem getting to finals of competitions, yet I've only won 5 of said finals (out of a possible 16) over the 12 clan seasons. I don't have any players who dislike playing in the big games, in fact it's quite the opposite. It maybe time for a tactical rethink on this front as I also leaked quite a lot of goals last season.

Ins & Outs

After being priced out of a move for Man City's Italian defender Battisti, I moved for French defender Yahaya for £19.75m. This guy is an absolute physical beast with a Driven personality to boot who should slot into my team without too much effort. He replaces Cyrille Humeau who joins Inter (I think) for £17m.

Kasami and Kara also leave on free's after many years of service for the club.

Next Season...

I have a strong enough squad now to compete on all fronts by rotating players and using my back-ups in the early rounds of the Cups. My main aims will be to mount a Premier League and Champions League challenge, as well as the FA Cup. This season will be the first time I don't take the League Cup particularly seriously. I will be fielding my youngsters in most games except perhaps the final if I make it that far.

Belly - Blackburn

Decent start to the season with a good win over Jack's Liverpool in the 1st game of the season. Our home form remains strong but we need to pick up more points on the road.

We got a decent draw against Matej and Ali and should of ended our dismall run of losses against Grants' Bolton but as usual the lucky scotsman beat us in injury time.

But Overall the Club and team are looking very healthy. I have started to evolve my tactis which is something i should of done months ago so i expect a distinct improvements in our fortunes.

Until Next Week

Belly,

I was hoping to do a long and somewhat detailed post (or posts since there will be more than 4 images) on the Fulham Youth Academy and Youth Recruitment System I've assembled here at Craven Cottage. But since the thread is close to hitting page 5, I thought I'd wait until then to avoid my posts being stretched over two pages.

Prem

Good start for me in the League this season, with the only slip-up coming away to Matej's Ipswich side. We are currently 3 points clear of Grant's Bolton who will no doubt be my main challenger for the title again this season and 2 points clear of Kim's Birmingham, the outsiders, after a 3-1 victory at my place. My defence has been solid thus far, although that probably has more to do with my in-form keeper Chaveirinho than anything else, and my attack has been top class, with Morel, Pereira, Busao, Landaburu and Berg firing on all cylinders.

Cups

Still in both competitions and I managed to beat Geir's Villa in one of them, although I confess I have forgotten which one it was. I've been following my new set of rules for the cup competitions (Carling Cup in particular) where I will only field my back-ups and promising youth players unless I feel the oppositions first team will be too strong, and it has payed of so far.

Champs

On course to finish top of my group baring any major collapses on my part (touch wood... but not that wood) and once again, I have been using my back-ups and youngsters in these early stages to keep my 1st team fresh and my give my youth some game time. Bayern Munich proved to be a tough opponent to crack, with two draws against them and that begs the question, will I ever get an easy draw in the cup competitions!? ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Fellow Professionals (and Jack)

Belly - After a few years of stagnant mid-table mediocrity, Belly has driven his Blackburn on and into the upper echelons of the Prem. After a fairly successful foray into the Champions League last season, he had to settle for Europa League this time around after his team collapsed towards the end of season 12. I believe this is Belly's best chance of a trophy this year, but he will have Jack's Liverpool and Geir's Villa in his way of glory and his first trophy in FM12.

Davie - 10 season of unsuccessful relegation battles is enough to make anyone turn their back on FM. But not Davie. He landed the Stoke job 2 seasons ago and has turned them into a strong mid-table side challenging for European qualification each season. He has beaten Grant's Bolton twice in this time, and now only I remain unbeaten against Davie in FM12. I have a feeling that record won't last for long.

Geir - Had a very successful season with Villa finishing 7th and is now in the Europa League after getting past the Qualifying stages. It does look as though his League form is suffering from this though and needs rocket up that league or he may risk losing his job. I think he can go far in Europe, and he has some top class players at the club. Certainly has an eye for talent.

Grant - Has 5 players listed on the 'Best Players in Game' list and won the League last season by scoring more goals and points than anyone else in previous seasons. Unsurprisingly goes into this season as favourites and will probably secure another title despite not enjoying the best of starts.

Jack - Did a fantastic job with Liverpool last season hauling their ass into 6th place. Despite some goal-difference denting results, I predict that his Liverpool side will come good in the second half of the season again and will finish in the European qualification places again. He also has an insane striker who managed to score 38 in 38 in the League last season.

Kim - Has been selling off some of his best players in the last few seasons to fund a new stadium, although it's looking like he may not get one for a while. I think the right decision for him now would be to jump ship to Man Utd or Arsenal, as both will have money with the amount they earn from ticket sales etc (especially Arsenal since they've just had a board takeover and are now listed as rich) if he wants to compete again in the next few seasons. But Kim does have a lot of young talent that he's been bringing through his academy and reserves so it may well be worth just staying put and bringing through his second generation of players.

Matej - After a few seasons in the bottom half of the Prem since joining, Matej took over Ipswich who had potential financial difficulties, although not immediate ones, and he has begun their journey up the table. His unique brand of defensive football against the bigger teams has caught me out on a number of occasions and despite not enjoying the best of starts so far in season 13, he'll no doubt push on up the table and challenge for a top half position.

Ryan - Haven't seen too much from Ryan's Norwich yet, although he managed to keep them up last season so things look promising. He has some decent players now (thanks to Kim) and I wish him all the best for the remainder of season 13.

Manager Biographies have been updated on the website and are here for your convenience. If my fellow clan members would like to add to them please let me know and i will action it :

Ali

Ali came into the clan at the end of FM11. FM11 game was too advanced for Ali to make an impression but on FM12 he has shown what a good manager he is. In particular his attention to detail in the development of players is by far his strongest area and this has contributed to his success.

He gets his players in young and identifies areas of development and pursues this rigorously. He Started with Fulham on FM12 and despite one sacking with them mainly due to an absent session and 8 trophies including 2 league titles he has proven to be one of the top managers in the clan.

His Bedfordshire roots have enhanced the clan experience creating a local derby and friendly rivalry with Belly. His other main rivals are unsurprisingly the other top managers in the clan being Kim and Grant.

He has got a reputation for losing his bottle in cup finals having lost too many finals to recollect.

However he currently sits joint second on the trophy count behind grant level with Kim and that is probably puts him as the second best manager in clan at the moment.

The question remains to whether he can go that extra step and push on to top position. Time will tell.

Grant

Grant joined the clan for FM12 after the demise of FM Live. He came boasting of his dominance in FM Live claiming to of lead game worlds. Obviously there were doubts regarding his claims. However unlike other managers that have joined the clan Grant has been every bit as good as he claimed to be.

He took Bolton and has dominated the trophy count with a current tally of 21 trophies well ahead of anyone else. This includes 6 league titles. Grant buys well and is tactically very good and has that ability to problem solve tactically better than anyone else.

He is top dog in the clan at the moment and I don’t see that changing any time soon. His rivals include Ali and more recently Kim. Grant and Ali have taken standards to a new high in clan just like when mike joined in FM10.

They need to realise that their fellow members learnt fast and that the gap does close. Previous new successful managers have not always been able to sustain their dominance when going from one version to another so will be interesting to see if he can when we go into FM13.

On the Mic he can be a wee bit grumpy but his banter with fellow member Jack is always a good listen.

On SI Forums there have always been good Norwegian and Scottish Managers and its about time we got a decent Scot in (No Offence Davie).

Grant is on target to beat Mikes trophy count on FM10 and I think this should be his aim. Whether or not he can do it with increasing competition coming from the fellow clan members will remain to be seen.

Jack

Jack joined the clan in FM10 as a young lad and was not shy about expressing his opinions. He ruffled a few feathers put some life into the banter side of things.

After some issues shall we say he left the clan and took a break. He then rejoined for FM12 much more mature and has been a very good addition to the clan.

His banter with all his fellow managers are always controversial and interesting but he has yet to back it up on the pitch.

He done a very solid job with his first club Norwich keeping them up and turning them into an established force in the Premiership before jumping ship to Chelsea.

Despite his massive expenditure things didn’t go well and he was sacked. His second stint at the club went better but his love for fellow clan members Jonny and Mike on the underdogs was too much and he left to join the dogs.

After a short and unsuccessful spell with Burnley before getting sacked he came back to the Prem Glory Game. After a reasonable start he managed to land the Liverpool Job.

Having spent over 300 million he has improved the side from relegation candidates to European qualifiers so has done well in this respect.

He is though well off the top managers in clan and it remains to be seen if he can improve enough to be able to challenge for the big trophies on the game.

Whether he can or not it will no doubt remain interesting to experience his highs and lows along the way.

Matej

Matej joined the clan and shows that he is an accomplished manager. His defensive style has frustrated many a manager as his teams remain very hard to break down.

He first took Everton who were in financial difficulty and was unable to save them from relegation. He then took over Mikes Ipswich and has some very good players at his disposal.

He is making slow progress and may need to re-evaluate his approach if he does not break into the top half on a regular basis.

Matej has not really formed any rivalries as yet but will be looking to beat fellow managers Jack, Geir and Davie.

In regards to banter there is none. He needs to get on MIC more to get more involved. I am sure this would assist his progress on the game.

I expect Matej to hover around mid-table for the foreseeable future unless he has something else up his sleeve that he hasn’t shown us yet.

His financial approach is very sensible and he is more than willing to sell or restrain himself from buying to get his club on a stable footing financially.

This approach will benefit him long term and will also be attractive to chairmen of the bigger clubs that may look to the likes of Matej in the Future should the position open up.

There is an old saying that it’s the quiet ones that you have to watch but I don’t think Grant or Ali will lose sleep anytime soon.

We've played over 50 seasons as a clan now and here's a breakdown of how many trophies have been won since the start of FM10 and including both the Prem Glory Clan and Underdog Clan games.

73545128.jpg

The same table organised by the average number of trophies won per season:

ttav.jpg

Finally a table to show who has won the most manager of the month awards:

motyi.jpg

Kim - Birmingham

Premier League

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A decent start to the 13th season of FM12 for the Blues. After going undefeated in all tournaments until November 11th, we hit a roadblock we've faced a few times before in Ali's Fulham. Once again the difference was the cutting edge up front that he possess. Two games later however, we failed to impress away yet again, and slumped to a 2-0 defeat at the Stadium of Light. A 0-2 was turned into a well deserved 2-2 draw home to Bolton, and we sit in 4th place at the moment, 8 points behind Fulham, but with two games in hand.

League Cup

lc.jpg

It's another all human semi's of the League Cup this season. I face off with Belly and Grant square up with Ali. For the first time in clan history, Ali's had the worst road to the final, that's IF he can overcome Grant. So far I have trusted my youngsters to a great extent in both the League Cup and in the Champions League. That has worked like a charm, although the result against Jack away by no means reflect the play of the game.

Champions League

CL-road2.jpg

As I stated earlier, we've played some kids and the subs in the cups this season. We got a fairly easy group, with the strongest opposition thought to be FC Porto. After 6 group games the results speak for themselves. We hammered each and everyone of them, with a 7-0 thumping over Porto as the main event. 27-2 and 6 straight wins saw us drawing up Ajax for the 1st knockout stages. I don't foresee too many problems with Ajax, and I expect to be entering the quarter finals as the few previous years. I also expect Grant and Ali to overcome Atletio Madrid and Benfica, so it's not unthinkable we might be drawn up against eachother in the quarters.

Overall this season I'm fairly happy, with only the huge disappointment away to Sunderland as the downside so far. I also need to start wining league games again against Ali and Grant, if we are to challenge properly for the title. Away record is still the obstacle in the league, but it's moving in the right direction so far.

Up the Blues and burn Man City!

Jack - Liverpool

We are progressing in europe and got out of the group stages, our league form has once again been very solid, and we look on track for another top 8 finish.

I still have a very young squad that is developing, Marcelo Melian is slowly turning into my most important player, despite being just 18.

Jose Garcia continues to score a goal a game on average, however Makhtar Gueye, Matias Mazza and Vojislav Vicentic have also chipped in this season, which makes it easier.

We need to improve our away form still, we are better than last year away, but we have still had some poor losses, losing 10-0 and 4-0 on the road has dented out goal difference to say the least.

Until next time, Jack.

Yes am still the gaffer here at the mighty stoke city 1st season i managed to finish on 60 points and finish the season in 7th place :) next season i finished on 53 points and in 10th place and got to the qf of the europa league when i came up against the mighty ac millan which i lost 3-1 on agg :(.As for this season my goal is to get in top 8 and push for the 60 point mark again after 19 games i find myself on 26 so the next halve i hope to get another 34 points or more which am sure i cant get

Archived