Premiership Glory Clan 2012

alvaan

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Belly - Blackburn

Reasonable week. While our league form suffered with defeats away to Everton , and Home to City and Jimmys Wolves our form in Europe has been superb so i am reasonably happy. Also with a lack of funds i have had to look to youngsters and found some real prospects and i am happy with the way the future of the squad is looking.

They are not quite ready for 1st team footy yet and i think they will get alot of football this season so our league position may suffer but overall it will turn out to be a good thing.

Until Next Week

Belly,

geir - wba

It`s time to have a new look at season expectation...

As i had to sell my star defender Dedè to AS Roma, for the small amount of £7,75m, due to lack of money and wage budget blown to hell!

I think this will be a tough season, i hope not to relegate!

Media expect 12th, my board expect mid-table, if i can finish anywhere near 12th, im thrilled!!

As you all know by now, i have signed Mario Balotelli on an insane contract! but its worth it.... its Super-Mario!! playing for WBA.... what a player!!! what a character!!! what an entertainer!!!

See you all next week, a few of us in relegation battle, the rest can *sensured* off up the table !!

geir - wba

poor start to wigans season despite grabbing a point against chelsea i wasnt really expecting much from first bunch of games as i faced villa manu chelsea liverpool and arsenal but am glad to get them out the the way early and kick on with rest of season.

im not really expecting much from the season it was always going to be a struggle

Well only 6 games in and i have lost 4 and only won the 2 hoping for a good run this week before the xmas break .Hoping to finish top 12 is that possible with my record on fm wait and see got a few tricks up my sleave for the rest of the season almost forgot got a few new faces in aswell Coloccini £5m yes him from newcastle to sunderland Sissoko from kims birmingham £2.5m Miguel vitor from celtic £5m and gamst pederson from bellys blackburn £1.4m with no real departs other than young lads that didtn have it

Birmingham manager on the verge of retirement

After losing 2-1 away to lowly placed Sunderland, with the winner being the last kick of the ball, Kimberly Smeghead is reported to have gone ballistic inside the Blues' dressingroom. Reports of broken doors and a smashed mirror is being linked with the Birmingham hothead. So far there is no official statement from Birmingham, but we did manage to get a couple of words from the Birmingham boss.

That was shocking! There were some awful performances today, and the worst of them all was the referee. How Sunderland is even allowed to compete in this league is beyond me. They should be banned for life!

Birmingham have had a bit of a wobbly start in the Barclays Premier League, and are sitting firmly midtable. Rumours has starting to circulate that the Birmingham board may look elsewhere for management unless the Blues' form start picking up.

A truly shocking session last night. 5 straight defeats, leaking goals all over the place, and strikers who can't hit the wide side of the barn. This almost made me think about going into online sumo wrestling or something, as I clearly have more potential at that than at FM at the moment :(

Disaster struck Craven Cottage three weeks ago, when the internet was cut from their managers home. Never without friends however, the popular manager was able to make every single session bar one (between the hours of 7-10 and therefore only missing out on the last hour), leaving around 30% of the job in the (anything but) capable hands of his assistant manager.

I am currently sitting in 12th place in The Premier League, which could have been far worse, but is still way below my personal expectations. What is perhaps keeping my job safe for now is the chance of some silverware (in the form of the League Cup), which will be contested against Geir's West Brom in the Final. The FA Cup and Europa League are both still up for grabs, so there is the potential for this unfortunate season to end on a high note (or three perhaps?).

Belly - Blackburn

Well we sit having won 11 and lost 11 and 11th in the league. I knew after the demotions of Yakubu and Pederson that this season we would have to take a step back if we were to take two steps forward and this is proving the case.

However i have captured the signatures of some young players and are genuinly excited with the clubs future and i expect to be regular top 4 in the years to come. Hopefully the fans wont have to wait too long.

Belly,

Geir - Wba

New season starting any moment now.

I`m actually excited about this one, been a while since i`ve had hopes to do something else than avoid relegation!

Squad looks better than last 2-3 years...

Balotelli signed a new contract, with alot less goal bonus :-)

Still hope to sign 2-3 more players to get more debt and maybe some younger players!

See you later.

Geir - WBA

Kimberly - Birmingham

Shocking, disaster, woeful, awful, horrendous and any other adjective describing utter failure is needed to cover this season at St.Andrews. Actually, it can be all summed up in one word: patch.

I'm not blaming anyone other than myself, for not handling the effects of the patch(es), but the matter of the fact is that after the first patch my team just fell to pieces and crumbled like Wilfried's legs.

After losing out on European football just slightly last season, due to a poor finish, Birmingham fans, staff and players had belief in the clubs ability to push for some much needed extra funds this season. Oh how we failed. If it wasn't for a half decent run in the last 4 games we would have finished 17th, even below Jack!!! It's hard enough to grasp that we find ourselves behind Spencer, Geir and Belly, but to end up below Norwich would have been the final touch on my wooden suit. I mean, even Jimmy managed to win a trophy this season, and Geir lost a final(??!), and yet we are 16th in the table come May. Like I posted earlier this almost made me take on something completely other than FM, but I have decided to prove myself and will not give in to failure.

I'm actually gonna take the good old stance of just pretending this season never happened, and look forward from here. So, how about the other muppets then?

Grant - been pushing the pace since season one, and is getting ever closer to become the first manager to win the league. Only got beat by the mighty Barcelona in the Champions League final and once again had a really good season overall

Jim - Incosistant league form for Jimmy has been somewhat of an issue so far, but alot of that will be credited his young side. They do seem to be coming of age, and Jimmy rounded this off by grabbing a well deserved 3-2 win in the EURO final vs Ali. Continuing his form from the FM10 and FM11 games of winning the odd cup, and must now be looking to clim up the table.

Ali - a roller coaster season for the Fulham side without a doubt. Started with their manager sidelined due to internet issues, and the assistant clearly didn't know how to get the team going. Near relegation zone and the sack when he came back to salvage a decent midtable finish, and topped it all off by winning the League Cup, and losing the EURO final by the one goal to Jimmy. Will be interesting to see what he can achieve during a full season.

Belly - Wins as many as he loses in the league, and goes from crushing Chelsea 6-1 in one game, to losing 6-1 to relegation battlers in the next. No idea on what is going on at Ewood Park, but does Belly know? Normally I'd said not a chance, but it seems to be at least half working at the moment. Can he get the other half working, or is Belly actually the real Steve Kean and not Jack?

Geir - Oh hello there Mr.Sunshine! The always warm, open, happy, joyful, enthusiastic and positive man from Norway has spent half a national budget on players so far at the Hawthornes, and has only midtable to show for it. Like myself, Geir need to start producing some results sooner rather than later

Spencer - took over a relatively poor West Ham side without too much cash to spend, and did a good job of getting them safe and sound above the relegation zone. Will be interesting to see if there's gonna be a 2nd season syndrome or not.

Jack - If he only had Darren Bent, he'd win the league! Oh wait, that's his thought on Liverpool. Anyhow, Jack is still not afraid to both talk the talk and spend the cash, but hasn't yet walked the walk. You got your Air Jordans on this season Jacko??

Davie - Got Sunderland as his pick from the promoted teams, and for the first time decided to make a tactic other than default. I'm not sure whether or not it helped, as he still got relegated. Should have been able to push out of the relegation zone with a club of Sunderland's size and stature

Jamie - Had last pick of the newcomers, and was handed the task of managing Wigan. It showed to be an impossible task, and was relegated with only 2 wins of the season. To think that one of those wins were away to myself just shows how poor both my team and myself performed this year :(

Well, that's my roundup of the shambles, and I will come back with some news about the upcoming season once the transfer window has ended

--Kimberly

Kimberly - Birmingham

Jamie - Had last pick of the newcomers, and was handed the task of managing Reading. It showed to be an impossible task, and was relegated with only 2 wins of the season. To think that one of those wins were away to myself just shows how poor both my team and myself performed this year :(

--Kimberly

Er - Jamie was never Reading , Dont know if this statement is down to substances taken by an under pressure manager or a poor season from Mark the Actual Former Reading Manager or Jamie the former Wigan manager.

Probably a bit of both..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier League (9th Position)

So with the net back up at Craven Cottage, it was full steam ahead for Fulham as they began their traditional ascendancy up the table at the end of the season. A solid mid-table position was the best the Cottagers could hope for, and 9th place was sealed with wins over Jack's Norwich and Reading at the season's close. However, there was a slightly bitter end to the 2014/2015 season as, despite the boards joy of finding themselves in 3 cup finals, only one of was converted into a trophy. But more on that below.

season4lgtable.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europa League (Defeated in the Final)

After a relatively kind draw of Roma, Sporting and Zenit in the previous rounds, Jimmy's Wolves side awaited me in the Final. An all English, all Human Final. A 3-2 victory for Jimmy was deserved, as I failed to break down his 4-5-1 formation and succumbed to a hat-trick from Leandro.

europalgfinal.png

FA Cup (Defeated in the Final)

After facing Chelsea in the semi's, Arsenal awaited me at Wembley for my second cup final of the season. I was clear underdogs pre-match, but that wasn't the case as my Fulham side sat back, soaked up the pressure and hit them on the counter. Despite having equal amount of chances, with Fierro missing two sitters (so unlike him) I lost 1-0 and crashed out of my second cup final.

facupfonal.png

League Cup (Winners)

A Slightly more trickier route of Jimmy's Wolves (we meet again) in the semi's and Geir's West Brom in the Final. Despite going in to half time 2-0 down, I smashed three past Geir in the second half to deservedly win my 1st Cup in the Clan.

lgcupfinal.png

Honours

0 Premier League Titles

0 Champions Leagues

0 FA Cups

0 Europa Leagues

1 League Cup

0 Charity Shields

0 Euro Super Cups

0 World Club Cups

The Other Clan Members

Since it's becoming the 'in' thing to do on here, I've decided to share my opinions on my fellow colleagues.

Grant. Consistently overachieving with Bolton season after season. With the FA Cup and Charity Shield stashed away in his Trophy Cabinet, he's the most successful manager thus far. He's also finished the highest of us all each season and, with a 2nd place finish in the season just gone, the Premier League title is his next ambition.

Jimmy. Had I written this at the end of last season like I planned, I would be suggesting that Jimmy has underachieved with his Wolves side. However, with a solid 8th place finish the season just gone, and a Europa League Trophy under his belt, those millions spent on his young side seem to be paying off. Especially if he continues to progress next season.

Belly.Has done a good job at Blackburn. Using the infamous 4123 Formation, I thought Belly might be pushing for a top 6 position each season. This has not been the case however, as it appears there is no 'glitch' formation on FM12 after the new patch. Despite this, Belly's Blackburn have always been in with a shout and I look forward to seeing what he can do next few seasons with the young players he's bringing through.

Kim. Despite hearing stories from fellow clan members that Kim was 'the one to beat', he has flattered to deceive so far on FM12. After relegating QPR he took over Birmingham, where he has been involved in a top 4 dog fight, an FA Cup Final, and a near relegation battle all in 3 seasons. Inconsistency is what I'd call it thus far, but (if he's developed his tactic to overcome the patch) I just have that niggling feeling he'll be there or there abouts this coming season.

Geir. Consistent from Geir so far on FM12. Never underachieving, but never overachieving either. Saying that though, he was robbed in the League Cup Final after two late goals from my Fulham side. A deserved victory for me, but gutting for Geir none the less. Has the ability to spot a good regen after paying £9m for a LB, and then selling him for £28m the following season.

Jack. Had the hardest pick of the original clan members, but I feel he needs to really push on this season and finish mid-table rather than another comfortable 17th place. He clearly knows how to spot a good regen however, and his 'sniping' is second to none.

Spencer. Doing a decent job with his beloved West Ham keeping them in the Premier League with limited funds. Will be interesting to see if he can take The Hammers to the next level.

Davie. Needs to spend a couple of hours designing a tactic in my opinion. On to his third team in as many seasons after successive relegations with Leeds and Sunderland. Nottingham Forrest is his next port of call, and I fear this season could be his hardest yet.

Jamie. There's an experiment of sorts going on at St. Mary's Stadium as Jamie takes over at Southampton. Freebie signings of Jermain Defoe, Gareth Barry, Andre Santos and the like make for an interesting season he aims to fight relegation with the oldest team in the Premier League.

Mark. I'm looking forward to seeing if Mark can do a better job than Jamie did with Blackpool this season. The new lads have had it the hardest of us all, having to fight relegation with the newly promoted teams, but it's not impossible. I'm hoping one of Forrest, Southampton or Blackpool stay up this season.

Bastian - Norwich.

New season, new revolution, new formation.

Norwich now boast the finest youth squad in europe, via the genius of myself we have assembled a great bunch of kids, who will undoubtedly lead Norwich to glory.

Delfouneso Wilfried Tafer is the most feared front 3 in the league, Grant learnt that the hard way. See below.

Norwich City 3-1 Botlon Wanderers.

We simply dominated Grant's side, men vs boys.

Norwich City are new and improved, the revolution has begun.

Yup another new side in forrest here am running out of teams to go now :( but i will battle on.New players in are carrick, park and foster bit of experience there i think and not bad stats.If i finish 17th i will be over the moon

Belly - Blackburn

Well i was concerned after deciding to get rid of my dependable reliable but ultimately average 1st team players such as Paul Robinson, Scott Dann and Rochina and replace them with inferior youngsters with bags of potential.

I have made this mistake several times on FM by throwing in youngsters too early and there is a real danger it could happen again.

If i can survive this season i am very confident that my team will go from strength to strength but at the moment it seems like a big If.

With injuries to Romario and Diallo and a suspension to Samba this has hurt the campaign but now they are back and therefore i will be hoping for a better week next week.

Belly,

Premier League

And so the 5th season begins. And it's begun in good fashion. I currently sit 3rd in the league and, providing nothing effects my season as it has previously, I am aiming for a top 6 finish. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one eye on the top 4, what with the Champions League money I could bring in, and I'm also looking to be in another Cup Final. Nothing quite beats that adrenaline rush.

season5table10games.png

Home form is strong once again with 5 wins out of 5. I like to think that the atmosphere at Craven Cottage is excellent with the fans getting behind the players and the manager no matter what. Away form is again questionable, despite many experiments, I can't seem to make an impression on my travels and that may well prove to be my downfall.

seasn5fixtures10gamesin.png

Human vs Human

The 5-2 against Belly was probably my best game of the night. My side dominated with 7 ccc's and 62% possession, and to top it all of, Fierro bagged a hat-trick. I was at home though, and I expect the away game to be as tricky as always.

The 3-3 against Kim was a 'game of two halves'. Kim dominated the first 45 minutes and really should have put the game to bed, but the second half was a different story with my Fulham side bagging 3 in 5 minutes.

The Match against Jack was perhaps the most satisfying. Since he appears to have developed a winning formula this season at Norwich, it was to my utmost joy to send him to bed seething with the last Premier League clan game of the session. There's always next time Jack! ;)

Domestic Cups

FA Cup: N/A.

Carling Cup: Through to the quarter finals after thumping wins over Newcastle and QPR.

The Summer Transfer Window

With funds tight at Craven Cottage, Dennis Turner has decided to tighten his purse strings. Omer Damari and Lorenzo de Silvestri arrived for a combined cost of £16m, with a few other players leaving to provide a portion of the transfer fee's.

Blackpool-FC-Home-Shirt

Mark - Blackpool

So after my shock sacking midseason by Reading I decided to take 6months off to recharge, I think the reading chairman had illusions of grandeur becuase reading were only ever likley to be in a relegation fight its not like the chairman opened his wallet - he didnt.

So after half a season out I find myself at the helm of Blackpool who Jamie has previously managed(and got relegated) so im fully aware again its going to be a battle to avoid the drop, blackpool perhaps unsuprisingly have little money to spend 700k although the wages were not as bad as i'd had at reading so this enabled me to bring a couple of free transfers in, I'd missed a fair bit of pre season so the likes of Barry and defoe had been snapped up BUT i was able to bring in John O'Shea and Tim Cahill both offer experience and both strengthen my squad, I'm particually pleased to have been able to capture Tim Cahill as there was competition for his signature and would like to thank the chairman for backing me.

We have also brought in Roman Pavluchenko for 250k and hopefully he can fire some goals in that may just help us avoid relegation and on loan we have Zemen a young wide player who offers as some much needed pace out wide and finally we have brought in a central midfielder from serie A's Atalanta who looks a good player and will add strength to the midfield area.

So although we havent managed to do as much business as i'd of liked the players we have brought in will all add something to the squad, I wasnt prepared to buy/loan for the sake of it and with limited time I wasnt going to rush into things, we have our scouts out and I also have been on the look out for players that can come in and do a job, we have been looking at players for the future but right now the present is and has to be the priority, players that can come in and do a job now.

So I think we are likely to see a couple of extra bodys in january but till then we battle to avoid relegation we have played 10 games and have 2 wins to our name and unfortunately the assistant Alan Irvine has been in charge 80% of those games and played his own 442 when I'd specifically requested he play my 433 formation and made some 'interesting' team selections so should we avoid the drop a new assistant will be on the shopping list. Although 1 win can take us out of the relegation spots its going to be tough as the likes of chelsea,tottenham and belly's Blackburn are all down there and they are teams I can only see improving, but im fully aware this is going to be a battle royale but hopefully if I can actually play most of the season(yet to happen) then i can steer the seasiders clear of the drop.

After 10 games we went into the weekend sitting 13th in the table. There's no hiding where we are failing, with a goal difference of 19-26. Having lost 0-4 away to Jack, and then 1-5 away to Villa, it looked very bleek before the last game of the weak as we welcomed top team Stoke to St.Andrews

Well, it wasn't much of a contest:

bhamstart.jpg

That brings us into the League Cup quarter final where we face Championship side Crystal Palace. The ONE thing we do have to fix this season is this:

awayrecord.jpg

4 out of 5 games have been lost when we've played away from St.Andrews this season, and we've only managed to bag 6 goals and conceded a whopping 19!. So, the last couple of days I have been trying to work on this issue, and I can't really wait to see how it pans out during the next few sessions.

Grant Fraser was today spotted on his hands and knees, begging the Bolton board not to sell Griezmann, in a NCFC exclusive, we have a picture of the floundering manager from the incident.

article-0-0F3D621100000578-940_468x316.jpg

Results have been spiralling out of control for Bolton as continue their descent down the table, and Fraser's days appear to be numbered.

Belly - Blackburn

I have had a couple of decent sessions with good wins over Ali and Spencer. My Younsters are maturing nicely however Jucilei has expressed his desire to move to a bigger club. However i am hoping that he will change his mind next season if we can improve enough.

Until Next Week.

Belly,

Archived