Premiership Glory Clan 2012

alvaan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup Semi Final - 1st Leg

Kim's Birmingham are 2-1 up at home to my Fulham side. He's countered my 4-2-4 tactic, and countered it well. He's just beaten me 1-0 at The Cottage, ending my unbeaten home record in the League, and he's beginning to believe his Birmingham team may have finally turned the corner after a patch of poor form. But out of no-where (and in injury time), Alan Dzargoev pops up and smashes one home from inside his own half to level the tie. Beckham-esque.

[video=youtube;f-FsHpbHLfA]

The 2nd leg saw me run out eventual winners and Grant's Bolton await me in the final.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Premier League

Well...it's been an interesting season so far. I'm surprised to find myself in such a good position within the league after 27 matches, and with a game-in-hand, I could potentially leap-frog Man Utd into 1st place. Whilst it's true I have been top for 7 or 8 consecutive matches already this season, my team seem to have hit a bit of a rough patch in recent matches, and I'm hoping I can return to form sooner rather than later.

The League table is looking extremely tight at the moment, and with the top teams all taking points off each other, I can see 70 points being enough to win the title this season. 4 human managers currently occupy the top 8 (Grant's Bolton, Jimmy's Wolves and Jack's Norwich being the other three) and all of us have a chance of being the first human from the PGC to win the Premier League in FM12.

lgtable27gamesin.png

League Cup Final

My 4th final in 2 seasons. An overachievement to say the least, but I have only converted a disappointing total of 1 of these into a trophy. The League Cup final was no different. I went into the game off the back of a 2-1 home defeat to Man Utd, so morale was slightly lower than I'd hoped, but Grant's Bolton were in a a far worse state.

The game began in peculiar fashion. Both goalkeepers and defences were at fault for each of the goals, and Matthew Briggs got him self sent off after half-an-hour or so, leaving my Fulham with a massive task for the remaining 60 minutes. But that incident seemed to spur my side on. We dominated the game there-after, leaving Grant hapless on the touchline as he fumbled around changing tactics, blindly hoping to find one that worked.

It was Grant's keeper who kept him in the tie though. A man-of-the-match performance, and an average rating of 9.2 (despite making a mistake that lead to my goal) was a truly remarkable achievement and it ultimately won him the trophy. The game went to extra time, and then penalties, but Grant's keeper could not be beaten, regardless of what we threw at him. Congratulations Grant.

lgcupfinalstats.png

The FA Cup

Currently through to the 6th Round after a 2-1 victory of Leeds Utd. Barnet and Belly's Blackburn were the teams I beat in the 3rd and 4th round, but Belly got his revenge in the league after an injury time winner.

The January Transfer Window

After the purchase of Omer Damari in the summer, his performances caught the eye of Real Madrid and a bid of £20m was quickly accepted (a profit of £10m). A nice bit of business there. 4 fifteen year-olds arrived as well, stating that they were impressed with Fulham's current League standing. They join the Under 18's squad to continue their development.

Kimberly - Birmingham

A dreadful week for me at St.Andrews! After a very nice start to the season, my two main men Nangis and Chianello have been misfiring like Jack in a brothel. And without the two talismen up top, my form took a complete nosedive, and we now find ourselves in a mesely 14th place.

graphjq.jpg

My defense have also been crap, and seeing that we do not score goals anymore, I've had to realise that I need a change of mentality. Out have went the 424 gung-ho style football, and we've now kept two clean sheets in a row, and won both games. Morale has also taken a massive boost from the two league wins, and I've also played 3 friendly games during the last couple of weeks to get my team back on track.

Hopefully we can continue to play well next week, and finish the season somewhat in style

--Kim

Belly - Blackburn

Had a very quiet window and ended up bringing in no players. It looked for a while like transfer listed Jucelei would leave to Jimmy but Jimmy couldnt afford his wages and after Jucilei visited Molyneux and saw the setup Jimmy had this was everything Jucilei needed to remove himself from the transfer list and sign a new long term contract at Ewood Park.

Great Start to the season with a 0-0 draw away to Kim's Birmingham, Home win against Jimmy's Wolves, Away draw against Grant's Bolton and Home Win against Spencer's West Ham. Next week we start against Jack's Norwich so should be a good contest. In addition to this one of my youngsters have excelled by scoring 8 goals in 4 games and this is a massive bonus for the club. It justified my decision not to spend 8m on Geir's Ballotelli.

Until Next Week

Belly,

Kimberly - Birmingham

After a ver nice start the first 3-4 games of the season, my team hit a rough patch we couldn't get out of until it was almost too late. Being 17th in the table led me into desperation; changing tactics, holding team meeting after team meeting, private chats and in the end, I resolved to arranging friendlies with only 12-16 games to go.

fixturesa.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot, that I not only stopped losing games, but I kept alot of clean sheets in the latter stage of the season and I even managed to get the 'Park the bus achievement' last night as the start of the new season saw me go two more games without conceding. So, all in all it was a very topsy turvey season at St.Andrews. I have to say I'm well disappointing we couldn't achieve the goals I set in July, but then again I am very pleased we managed to get out of the dump and up to midtable mediocity.

I quickly decided that I wouldn't spend money on any players this summer. I truly believe my players are good enough to challenge higher than we have done, although my season took a massive hit first game, as the Butcher took out my talisman striker Nicholas Chianello...

chianello.jpg

As my balance are in a bit of a shambles, I need to make money this season, so I only signed a leftback from Real Madrid on a free transfer, and got rid of alot of deadwood.

transfersk.jpg

Aim for the season is to improve our stature, and hopefully challenge for European places with either league position, or a cup win.

Premier League

After very nearly bottling it towards the end of the season, I managed to pick up my first Premier League Title in Clan. I honestly thought I had thrown it away with two games to go, but the second to last match (a 7-1 win over Arsenal), tipped the scales in my favour.

76 points was enough to win the League this season, which in all honesty is the lowest number I've ever seen it won by, but i'm not complaining! Next season will be tough though, and I'm not entirely confident I can emulate my success for a second season running. Top 4 is next years target.

endofseasontable.png

Domestic Cups

FA Cup: Semi-Final defeat to Man Utd.

League Cup: Final defeat to Grant's Bolton.

Season 6 Summer Transfer Window

A few players were bought in this season, mostly 15 and 16 year olds to develop over the next few seasons, but probably my best signing to date (reputation wise) is Pedro, who arrives on a free from Barca. Cheers Lads!

Rodrigo Bastian Chelsea Press Conference

xinsrc_4220705090940781104509.jpg

Q : Rodrigo, how does it feel to leave Norwich after 5 long and successful years in charge ?

A : For me, it was always a tough decision no? I was there for a long time, we did a lot of good things at the club and I have many great memories at Norwich. I think I did a good job for them over the years no? And I had a great respect for the a' fans and I think they had a great respect for me. So it's tough no?

Q : Rodigo Bastian, Chelsea manager, how does that sound ?

A : *Laughs* It sounds great no? I think that Chelsea is a great club, but also a great challenge. I have to be humbled that they chose me, I think they are a club with quality, so it brings some pressure but Rodrigo Bastian never runs, I will face it, attack it, destroy it, and overcome it no?

Q : Your main rivals are now Grant Fraser and Ali "Bottle Job" Turner, what do you have to say to them?

A : I have a lot of respect for both manager, but I also think that with time I can challenge them for honours, this is my goal, my belief, my passion, and I won't stop until it is accomplished.

Q : You have a large warchest of cash, will you be signing anyone?

A : We allready have some deals in the pipeline no? Players like Sanogo, Fierro, Heung Min Song have all expressed an interest in joining Chelsea, but there is still much to be done? We will see.

Q : And lastly, do you have a message to the Chelsea fans, Rodrigo ?

A : Yes. It is to firstly say thank you for all the kind greetings you have given me, but understand that this is a project no? and it will take time, but the plan is to take Chelsea back to the top, where they belong! Blue is the colour no?

At last out of the bottom 3 with leicester with a game in hand (man u mind you) plus got through in my europa league group finishing 2nd behind juventus infront of az of holland and hearts rubin kazan in that knockout phase.Will this be the team i can save from going down what you reckon? cast your votes now will i save leicester from the drop :D

Belly - Blackburn

Good Season so far

Poor Session Wednesday as lost most games but i have to keep things in perspective - We are over achieving with a very young side and can only get better.

Belly,

We started season 6 very well, with Fierro netting an absolutely ridiculous 24 goals in 12 appearances, and things were looking rosy at Craven Cottage. But since then form has been very patchy, and Fierro has barely been amongst the goals. It can't be a coincidence that this all started when Bryan Ruiz (my playmaker/striker) picked up a nasty 4 month injury. Not ideal for a 31 year old on the brink of decline.

After 20 games however, things began pick up a little. Richard (my young technical beast of a winger/striker) stepped up and began filling Ruiz's boots, netting 16 goals in 21 appearances. And just as I started to believe that I was turning the corner, Richard picks up a horrendous knee ligament injury sidelining him for 8 months.

richardclassicview.png

Despite the negatives however, I'm still very much in the hunt for a successive title, although I'm out of both domestic cups (cheers jimmy!).

It's beginning to look like a two horse race now though, with Kim's Birmingham just about holding on, but it wouldn't surprise me if I slipped back a bit with the injuries my team have picked up recently.

lgtable25in.png

Ok its that time of Year for a Lengthy Post. I will start off by Introducing you to the official Current Blackburn 11 followed by u generl Clan Update on the Premiership Glory Game and Managers.

So first of All, Blackburns Number 1 - Mamadou Diallo

diallogk.jpg

Ok Now for some Clan Updates

Il Start with the player tables :

Current Average Ratings Table

avratings.jpg

Current Top Goal Scorers

topgoalscorers.jpg

Now i will move on to the managers

Total Career Stats

careerstats.jpg

Highest Transfer Fee Paid

highesttrffeepaid.jpg

Finally Salary Per Annum which i think shows just how good i am doing :p

salaryperannum.jpg

I hoped you enjoyed the show. Stay Tuned for more updates throughout the rest of FM12.

Premiership Glory Clan 2012

The spending in clan is absurdly ridiculous. Not one of you can balance the books. How on earth could you prevail without the absurdities of your spending that are so far removed from reality?

There are only three or four members who spend over a 'realistic' amount each year. One or two are at clubs that can just about support such spending and have been rewarded with trophies. Others plan on prevailing by jumping ship as soon as their finances are nearing a perilous state.

I cannot argue for the latter, but to say that 'not one of us can balance the books' is incorrect when the rest of us manage our budgets accordingly and majority turn a profit each year.

The spending in clan is absurdly ridiculous. Not one of you can balance the books. How on earth could you prevail without the absurdities of your spending that are so far removed from reality?

I was going to post advising how wrong you were steve but after refering to the following site it looks like your correct to an extent. Maybe SI should look at it to ensure that the ingame figures mirror the actual Football World. - Im now off to open up an account in Monaco under the name Rover 35 (If i can spell it) :p

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/transfers/verein_164.html

I was going to post advising how wrong you were steve but after refering to the following site it looks like your correct to an extent. Maybe SI should look at it to ensure that the ingame figures mirror the actual Football World. - Im now off to open up an account in Monaco under the name Rover 35 (If i can spell it) :p

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/transfers/verein_164.html

Well, I checked the spending of clubs like Bolton and Fulham, and they both have a deficit almost every year, ranging from -£1m to -£20. The trend was almost the same at Villa, QPR and Wigan, whith the exception of years where they sold players for big profits like Villa did last season with A.Young and Downing ie.

# Net Spend 92 - 2011 Purchased Gross Sold Nett Per Season

1 Chelsea £736,240,000 £224,275,000 £511,965,000 £25,598,250

2 Manchester City £655,180,000 £163,303,000 £491,877,000 £24,593,850

3 Liverpool £552,105,000 £325,970,000 £226,135,000 £11,306,750

4 Tottenham £412,050,000 £228,717,500 £183,332,500 £9,166,625

5 Manchester United £483,150,000 £303,340,000 £179,810,000 £8,990,500

6 Aston Villa £305,190,000 £177,075,000 £128,115,000 £6,405,750

7 Newcastle £345,345,000 £245,525,000 £99,820,000 £4,991,000

8 Sunderland £223,515,000 £126,030,000 £97,485,000 £4,874,250

9 Fulham £146,781,000 £54,095,000 £92,686,000 £4,634,300

10 Wolves £97,619,000 £40,195,000 £57,424,000 £2,871,200

11 Everton £218,245,500 £165,270,000 £52,975,500 £2,648,775

12 Stoke City £79,615,000 £29,630,000 £49,985,000 £2,499,250

13 West Bromwich Albion £103,280,000 £66,167,501 £37,112,499 £1,855,625

14 Bolton £112,970,000 £79,670,000 £33,300,000 £1,665,000

15 Arsenal £340,690,000 £319,474,000 £21,216,000 £1,060,800

16 Queens Park Rangers £40,797,500 £22,404,000 £18,393,500 £919,675

17 Swansea City £14,002,500 £6,860,000 £7,142,500 £357,125

18 Wigan £87,965,000 £81,942,500 £6,022,500 £301,125

19 Blackburn Rovers £195,462,000 £199,185,000 -£3,723,000 -£186,150

20 Norwich City £29,770,000 £47,395,000 -£17,625,000 -£881,250

The above table shows how totally unrealistic it is. Middling and smaller clubs spend between £1m and £5m per season, unless they have a takeover. Grant’s spending only shows transfer fees, just how much has he spent on wages, agent fees, signing on fees and bonuses? There is no way Bolton could sustain this.

Lol just get on with the game who cares who spends what oh and bye the way we are STAYING UP MON THE LEICESTER cant wait for next session on monday stealing a line from jack here but ITS MY TIME :D almost forgot nice belly all that intresting

Lol just get on with the game who cares who spends what oh and bye the way we are STAYING UP MON THE LEICESTER cant wait for next session on monday stealing a line from jack here but ITS MY TIME :D almost forgot nice belly all that intresting

:D Go on davie!!

Kimberly - Birmingham

So far I'm very pleased with the season. In contrary to previous FM versions and seasons on FM12, I've changed my gung'ho style to counteract the shocking leak at the back I've experienced. Don't get me wrong, I still play my gung'ho 424 at home/away against weaker sides, but it's the 451 that has rocketed my team up the table.

fixtures2p.jpg

fixtureso.jpg

As you can see from the results, we've been pretty tidy at the back, bar the odd set back here and there. I actually managed to get the 'Park the bus' achievement for the first time in 3 FM versions, which for me is quite the change. I've always been the team that's looked to score more goals than the opposition instead of keeping them from scoring. Lenny Nangis is my talisman of the season so far, grabbing 16 goals in 27 appearances and averaging 7.44. Unfortunately Chianello took another knock just after returning from his leg break, so it looks like he's not gonna play much this season.

Aim before the season was to compete for the European places, and so far we are definately doing that. I know it's still 13 matches to go, but the fans, board and media are now talking about Birmingham and Champions League. I only hope that my young side can cope with the pressure cooker end this season will be. Time will tell

Archived