FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

DandyDon

Brilliant find mate :thup:, I won't have any problems with work permits either as I'll just send them to CSKA Sofia :)

Yeah your spot on mate, perhaps a bug?

Shame really for me, I haven't got many outstanding ones left without being offered a pro contract. Still gone for a couple of 3 and a half stars as investments for profit.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brilliant find mate :thup:, I won't have any problems with work permits either as I'll just send them to CSKA Sofia :)

This is something I need to get onto, but Ashley has different ideas and won't let me have a feeder club around.

Do you know the legislation of signing South American's under 18, I know they would not be able to join until they turn 18; but can they be sent to a different country, for example you sending the to Bulgaria.

This is something I need to get onto, but Ashley has different ideas and won't let me have a feeder club around.

Do you know the legislation of signing South American's under 18, I know they would not be able to join until they turn 18; but can they be sent to a different country, for example you sending the to Bulgaria.

They don't come to your club till they're 18 so until then you have no decision over anything like that.

They don't come to your club till they're 18 so until then you have no decision over anything like that.

I thought as much, just needed clarification. I'm reluctant to sign so promising youngsters from South America because of this, especially if they are just going to sit in Santos' U20s or whoever and the development ages of 16-18 I'd be using is just wasted. Looking a lot more into Eastern Europe this year, as you can see.

I have got about 20 Russian regens to agree to sign for us for a compensation fee of £6.25k :). Even if a lot of them don't develop very well theres going to be huge profits made on them.

That's how I look at it. On my Granada save I brought in 77 players over one and a half seasons and either stuck them in my under 19s or chucked them out to one of my 4 feeders.

My under 19s destroy their league, and majority of the youngsters are worth 500k at least :D

They don't come until they are 18 years old but you can send them to Spanish clubs on loan and it only takes two years to gain Spanish Nationality.

I have got about 20 Russian regens to agree to sign for us for a compensation fee of £6.25k :). Even if a lot of them don't develop very well theres going to be huge profits made on them.

Haha, brilliant. As have I! Going to have something of a Russian empire on Tyneside for the next few years. Have discovered a bit of a cash-cow here I think. Have also added the Russian leagues to come into play. Hopefully I can get a foreign feeder team sooner than later, otherwise I'm going to become overrun with regens.

I thought as much, just needed clarification. I'm reluctant to sign so promising youngsters from South America because of this, especially if they are just going to sit in Santos' U20s or whoever and the development ages of 16-18 I'd be using is just wasted. Looking a lot more into Eastern Europe this year, as you can see.

I don't mind too much, but they need to have real potential to make me interested in such players. As they would just be in my youth team anyway.

Obviously I'd rather have a youngster at my club from 15 on my own schedule etc. as a first option though.

2013/14 - Season Update - We're all going on a summer holiday

newcastleunitedfixtures.png

With disappointing performances in both the FA Cup and in Europe I was worried we'd wobble in the league run in. However our form stayed pretty strong overall, despite some dropped points at West Ham and Fulham. After destroying Stoke at the Britannia, largely due to Jose 'Ba$tard for a volley' Dominguez grabbing 2 either side of halftime, we went into the match against Man Utd in an almost unassailable position.

Utd turned up at Old Trafford needing a win, anything else would confirm us as champions with 4 matches left to play. Despite the high stakes the lads didn't falter and the strikers put the Man Utd defence to the sword, Paloschi scoring one and setting up two for his partner Sow. That result left them gasping 14 points in our wake.

With the weight off our shoulders now I was able to use the last few games of the season to give some more games to some of our more promising youngsters and they performed well enough for me to hope they might step up even more next season.

2013/14 Final Table

englishpremierdivisionoi.png

Even though we won the league by quite a margin as you can see, we didn't dominate the seasonal awards. The injury to Sow meant that he missed out on top goalscorer with 22 league goals in 26 games, only 2 behind the eventual top scorer Andriy Yarmolenko of Spurs who managed 24, but from 35 league games. Alberto Paloschi also finished with 22 league goals, but he also scored 15 in Europe and 10 in the domestic cups to finish with an impressive 47 goals for the season from 54 games.

Moussa Sow finished runner up behind Javier Hernandez as Footballer of the Year, and Adam Johnson was also pipped in the Players' Player of the Year by Sergio Aguero. We did gain one Player award with the prolific Paloschi winning Young Player of the Year. Dominguez, Cabaye and Johnson made it into the 1st Eleven for Team of the Year, with ter Stegen, Sow and Paloschi amongst the subs.

The Squad

newcastleunitedsquadpla.png

I was a little disappointed there wasn't some more recognition for Jose Dominguez who had a truely outstanding first season for us, not even considering the contribution he made at the wrong end of the pitch, his pace and aerial prowess at the back made a big difference to us defensively and being comfortable on the ball helped us up our possession stats throughout the season. In terms of Avg rating he was just pipped by Adam Johnson who had a fantastic season for us.

There probably won't be many changes to the squad over the summer, a few players who aren't happy with their number of games will be offloaded. I've already arranged a deal with Juventus for them to sign Davide Santon for £8.25 million when the transfer window opens, and I'll be looking to sell Hatem Ben Arfa (as he's skipped training a couple of times toward the end of season), Mike Williamson, and maybe one or two others.

Not sure if many will be inbound, unless some really good deals become available for players I'm sure would improve the squad, but I will look to sign a few more good youth players if we find some.

The main goal next season will be to try and defend our league title, and if we can't retain it, at least put up a good fight. Ideally I'd like to improve on our European performance of this season, but we'll see who we get in the draw if we make it to the knockout stages.

That's how I look at it. On my Granada save I brought in 77 players over one and a half seasons and either stuck them in my under 19s or chucked them out to one of my 4 feeders.

My under 19s destroy their league, and majority of the youngsters are worth 500k at least :D

Bloody hell 77 players :eek: but yeah that's the way to do it.

Regarding regen scouting I've just clocked on to something quite financial viable. Whilst having a clear out of my shortlist and removing anybody and any reports that are not up too scratch I noticed quite a few Russian teenagers. As I go to offer contract to one I notice a compensation fee of a measly £6.24k, and as I go to poach another I see that a flat rate of £6.24 compensation seems to prevail across all of Russia's youth.

Have already lined up 7 or 8 more that depending on Work Permits shall be joining me. Will post up a couple of the best ones if work permits are granted and everything is signed and sealed.

Just out of curiousity Tommo have you got the Russian leagues loaded? I'm wondering if this is something like the Clairefontaine regens, where you only get them if you have the French league as View Only.

Haha, brilliant. As have I! Going to have something of a Russian empire on Tyneside for the next few years. Have discovered a bit of a cash-cow here I think. Have also added the Russian leagues to come into play. Hopefully I can get a foreign feeder team sooner than later, otherwise I'm going to become overrun with regens.

I have the Russian leagues already loaded on my game but it seems that the top 4 or 5 clubs in Russia are getting the best youngsters and none of the lesser clubs.

The Russian Maffia will have invaded Tyneside in June :D.

Just out of curiousity Tommo have you got the Russian leagues loaded? I'm wondering if this is something like the Clairefontaine regens, where you only get them if you have the French league as View Only.

It works with the Russian leagues loaded mate.

Well done on winning the title, I can't believe your selling Santoon he's been very good for me.

No I don't have the Russian league loaded at the moment, they are soon to be though. The French leagues are to be added as well to see if I can make use of Clairefontaine.

Flipping heck! What is it with you and Russian :D

No I don't have the Russian league loaded at the moment, they are soon to be though. The French leagues are to be added as well to see if I can make use of Clairefontaine.

Make sure you select the French Leagues as view only then...doesn't seem to work if you have them as playable.

It works with the Russian leagues loaded mate.

Well done on winning the title, I can't believe your selling Santoon he's been very good for me.

He can't budge Vrsaljko at right back (despite his poor showing against PSG) and I have Pieters and Robinson at left back, as well as the Czech wonderkid Postulka. So he was starting to moan about lack of games, figured it'd be better to sell him rather than let his contract run down.

I have just had the game quit (runtime error) on me again and then reload FM agin for the second time in as many days :mad:. So all the Russians will have to be signed again and Mike Ashley is still here with the takeover in progress so I can't sign anyone :(.

2012/13 Champions League Adventure - 1st Round Knockout Leg.1

After progressing from my group in top spot in my maiden Champions League season, I watched the draw for the knockout stages with slight apprehension knowing that I was the underdog in the draw. I drew a winnable fixture in Dortmund.

First leg saw me field near enough the same team that produced the heroics in the last CL game away at Real Madrid; which saw me line up in a 4-3-1-1-1 with 3dms, right midfielder, left winger and a lone forward.

Line up: Tim Krul, Kyle Walker, Nevan Subotic, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Davide Santon - Yoahn Cabeye, Lass Diarra, Etienne Caboue - Gutierrez - Shaqiri - Adebayor

As the game panned out in the first half my chances on the break were few and far between but managed to hold out the German's until the 39th minute. My defence were to quick to move out when the ball was thought to be cleared, only for a cross to come in that allowed Gotze to tap in at the far post. Loosened the defensive shackles in the second half, allowing Jonas and Cabeye more freedom to threaten in the attacking third and it paid dividends. My equaliser came from an unlikely source - Lassana Diarra scoring his first goal since his move from Madrid with a 20 yard rocket that didn't seem to be terribly well placed, just powerful. I chased a win, bringing on Eriksen and Cardozo moving to a 4-4-2 but was unfairly punished when Dortmund scored from a corner in the 88th minute.

Pleased that I got an invaluable away goal to take back to St. James', but sets me up with a lot of work to do. Still quietly confident of progressing to the Quarters.

DortmundvNewcastleInformation_Overview.png

After not being able to get work permits for some of this years batch of Russian's, I went to go and pester Ashley once again. He's finally agreed to letting me have a foreign feeder team so I can evade the foreign office and their stringent work permit policy :D

Looks like Tim Krul will be on his way out too, he's demanded a transfer as he wants a new challenge reckoning he's achieved everything he can at Newcastle.

He was complaining on my save as well before the crash, so I will probably have to end up selling him on my save as well.

After not being able to get work permits for some of this years batch of Russian's, I went to go and pester Ashley once again. He's finally agreed to letting me have a foreign feeder team so I can evade the foreign office and their stringent work permit policy :D

That's great in your quest for the Russian revolution on Tyneside.

With grinding inevitability another takeover attempt moves into full swing just as the transfer window opens. So I get to spend the first few weeks of the summer watching all the good youngsters we've scouted being snapped up by other clubs :mad:

Well they might not all get snapped up, but I felt like bellyaching. :p Apparently this consortium is being led by an ex-player, only name mentioned so far is David Barton.

EDIT: Apparently he wants to bring Rafa the Gaffa in as manager.

Well, our 4th attempted takeover in the space of a year has just failed. :p Surprise, surprise. At least I can start making some moves in the transfer market finally.

Ashely has given us a provisional budget of £27.5 million this year, which should be more than enough as I'll be concentrating on younger players this summer.

Well, our 4th attempted takeover in the space of a year has just failed. :p Surprise, surprise. At least I can start making some moves in the transfer market finally.

Ashely has given us a provisional budget of £27.5 million this year, which should be more than enough as I'll be concentrating on younger players this summer.

Have you got any transfer targets in mind yet ?

I am so angry right now, I have had a third run time error crash :mad:. I think it might be time to see if its a bug or my computer before I continue on with this save.

Something not right there Col...hope it's nothing too serious. is Steam still running when FM crashes or is it Steam that seems to be the problem?

Something not right there Col...hope it's nothing too serious. is Steam still running when FM crashes or is it Steam that seems to be the problem?

I think it could be something to do with Steam as it keeps on coming up with news about other games after the crash, then when I close that, FM then reloads by itself :(.

Have you got any transfer targets in mind yet ?

I've got 2 French youngsters that my scouts recommended as definite purchases, and a young German DM that got the same report. One of the French lads is at Barcelona though, so we might not be able to tempt him.

Also planning a move for an Argentinian striker we've been keeping an eye on for the last 2 years. He's been breaking scoring record for Independiente this season and he's a very technically gifted player who'd provide a different option to our lethal, pacy poachers.

Typical :rolleyes:

Tim Krul says he wants to leave wanting a new challenge...soon as I transfer list him he announces that he's disappointed to be listed and is determined to prove himself.

That's so annoying, it must be a bug though although it has been in previous versions on FM.

He looks brilliant, look at all them 17's for his technical attributes :eek:. He should form a lethal partnership with Paloschi, how much do Independiente want for him ?

I have a horrible feeling they'll be wanting big money after the season he's had. Recently signed a new contract too, will have him scouted again to see what sort of price they want now. Should probably have bid for him at Christmas as the scouts reckoned we'd have to pay about 7 million then, I reckon it's going to be at least double that now.

Leandro Sequeira

This is the Argentinian striker I have my eye on. He's strong, good in the air and very technically gifted and I think he'd make a great strike partner for the lightning quick Paloschi.

That is one blooody good 18 year old. Anything below £20m I'd say would be value. Just imagine if he was that bit quicker as well; would be unstoppable.

That's a canny difference in value but still he looks like he's worth it.

Well if I decide I really want him it looks like I can balance the deal...Chelsea have decided they want Sime Vrsaljko....really, really, really want him. They've put in several bids already, starting at 9 million, but they're now offering £20.5 million. Interesting ;)

Looking at the bugs forum it looks like there is a memory leak on the latest patch 12.4 when using a database with over 100k players :(. I hope they find a solution soon as I don't want to start a new game.

So for the time being I will be using a rolling auto saving every week.

Well if I decide I really want him it looks like I can balance the deal...Chelsea have decided they want Sime Vrsaljko....really, really, really want him. They've put in several bids already, starting at 9 million, but they're now offering £20.5 million. Interesting ;)

How much is Vrsaljko valued at ? £20m is a lot for a full back and you can get a replacement a lot cheaper than that.

Looking at the bugs forum it looks like there is a memory leak on the latest patch 12.4 when using a database with over 100k players :(. I hope they find a solution soon as I don't want to start a new game.

So for the time being I will be using a rolling auto saving every week.

That's worrying, I'm using a database with over 120k players at moment.

And Vrsaljko is currently valued at £7million. I turned down Chelsea's last bid for him, but if they come back again then I'll negotiate the deal with them.

That's worrying, I'm using a database with over 120k players at moment.

And Vrsaljko is currently valued at £7million. I turned down Chelsea's last bid for him, but if they come back again then I'll negotiate the deal with them.

Hopefully it won't take them long to get a fix out, there was a similiar memory leak on FM10 or FM11.

What are you willing to sell him for ?

Archived