FM2012: Newcastle United thread - Triumphing by brave defending.....well maybe!

DandyDon

Yeah cheers for the advice Tommo at the moment Im playing 4-5-1 with it being Fluid and Attacking so might change it to balanced and standard see if that makes any difference, a quick question to the guys on here, has anyone recieved any money when Andy Carrol goes to someone else if so how much and if I bought Carrol back to Newcastle would I get the 25% of the transfer fee I paid ?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guys,

Season 2011/2012 10 games in and sitting atop with 28 points. Ben Arfa is back from injury, what is his best position & role. I am currently playing a 442 with Traore 7 gls, 6 ass from 11 starts & Best is 6 gls, 3 ass from 9 starts.

Appreciate the help.

@tommonufc

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: 106m!! Envy!

guys, i was wondering if its a bug and if there's any solution to it. I had my 10m bid for Nicolas Gaitan accepted. In the Contract Offer, i'm only able to give him max of 6,250 p/w. My payroll budget is 900k p/w and its standing at 850p/w at the moment. Any idea why? Similar for Carlos Fierro, his initial demand is 16,250p/w but the max i can give for squad rotation is 3,300p/w, first team 6,250p/w. I had to offer him key role in order to match his demand.

Season 2014/15; The season the Manchester dominance ends.

Transfer Dealings Another busy transfer window, that as I write this hasn't shut yet; this time I featured more of a structured approach, well kind of..

In Came..

19024412.png28027433.pngth_85028014.png28044979.png

No, this isn't Crimewatch; but some of you may recognise these four young chaps as
Neymar,
Phil Jones
, his Man U buddy,
Paul Pogba,
and future England #1,
Jack Butland
Neymar
cost the princely sum of £20million from Santos, and was brought in because, well.. I could. He'll offer some Brazilian flair to proceedings no doubt, and hopefully a goal or 20.
Phil Jones
, cost another £20million of my Russian owners hard earnt Cold War money, this time from Premier League Champions Manchester United; he made the trip slightly further up North with his buddy
Paul Pogba.
This colossus of a central midfielder cost me £11.25million and was highly recommended by every scout and his dog, and most importantly me. He'll become a slightly better version of Cheick Tiote, just one who will feature more often in the team. That reminds me, gotta get rid of him.. Last but not least,
Jack Butland
. He should prove to be Tim Krul's long term replacement, well as soon as Jacky gets a bit better than Timmy, Jacky will be playing. Butland (cool name), cost
£5.75m
from Brentford and Kilmarnock - well Birmingham, but he never actually played for them. These guys were the main signings that will feature in the first team this season; and I use the word 'feature' the loosest possible sense in regard to Butland, as he will only probably play cup games. Joining these guys, but not in the footballing sense will be the younger Brother of Barca's Thiago Alcantara - Rafinha
Alcantara.
Snapped up on a free transfer, no compensation, not a sausage. He could turn out to be quite good at football hopefully, but he has been sent out to the lovely Berkshire for a season on loan (Reading). He has joined by another youngster from Spain, that goes by the name of
Paco Alcacer
. He shall join the ever growing que of strikers waiting to get a game. Not just youngsters I'm buying, making the over 30 qouta up by funding
Scott Parker's
and
Jermaine Jones'
retirement funds. These two won't actually play a game for me, but will be instead used to pass on their knowledge to the youth of today, and maybe see a coaching role in the youth team at the end of it. A few regens were signed as well, but shan't bore you with the details; but I shall instead promise to post a screenshot of one when they actually play for my first team. So god knows when that'll be..

Out Went...

The most notable departure was
Neven Subotic.
I sold him with a heavy heart, due to him serving me very well in the three season I've had him; but going into the last year of his contract I was able to sell him to Valencia for
£14.25m
, a marked improvement of his value of £5.75m at the time. Reasoning behind this was that he was the weaker of the three center backs I had, and with my AVB esq. shift to a high defensive line he was my John Terry. He boasted reasonable pace of 15 once he got up to full speed, but it took him a while to get thier - acceleration 10. So he was an accident waiting to happen against the Walcott's, Ayew's and Hulk's that festoone forward lines these days.
Alberto Paloschi
, Newcastle statistics - Appearances 7(16), Goals 4, Profit £2.25m. I had high hopes of the Italian when he arrived on the cheap from Chievo, but the emergence of Danny Welbeck saw Alberto see more of the back of the Physio's head from his sub seat, than he did playing time. Therefore when offered out, the hand that was Olympique Marsielle's was biten of along with the
£5.75m
that it was holding. Another player that I had high hopes for when signed was young
Martin Kelly.
Brought on the cheap in January 2012 he impressed as an understudy to Davide Santon; but since the arrival of quicker, faster, stronger right-back version in Kyle Walker saw playing time few and far between for Kelly; that and the fact he misplaced his ability to defend somewhere. Anyway, that's Wigan's problem now - he was flogged well above face value for
£6million
, another £2.6m profit. Ker-ching. As soon as
Jonas Gutierrez
returned from an inevitable season long ordeal at Stoke City and Tony Pulis' archaic approach to football, he was back out the door to Everton. He was sold for some magic beans, and and some Nectar points. Running out of steam here, if your still reading feel free to pat yourself on the back;
Sylvain Marveux
left us to join Anzhi Mahchdgdsjsdiousdgujalkaklsdjh (that Russian team with more money that sense) and Samuel Eto'o for a very good price of £5.75m. Despite the apparent riches of this Russian side I can't pronounce, they still had the nerve not pay the guy enough money - so I shall still be footing his wages long after he has gone. Well one start in four years - he who laughs last laughs longest, springs to mind.
Oscar Cardozo's
over-inflated contract finally came to an end, which saw him pack his backs and say good-bye to his Reserve Team buddies - Hatem Ben Arfa; he's now playing for some Paraguayan no marks. Still trying to flog Hatem Ben Arfa, Fraser Forster, Tiote, Shaqiri, De Bruyne as we speak; so if anybodies interested..

Edit: Oh, forgot to add.. I'm the new England manager. So Steven Taylor shall now receive his over-due England, along with Kyle Walker. Needless to say my England team will be used to give playing time those not so fortunate at Newcastle. Namely Fraser Forster and Jack Butland, but will also be filling it with the likes of Kyle Walker, Rodwell, Wilshere, Welbeck, Adam Campbell.

g9Fbu.png

Bringing him in as we're short at forward and AMR position. I know I can sell him for decent profit if he doesn't develop. Will join at the end of the season.

Might as well raid Russian clubs whenever they get new regens as DandyDon worships them :p

g9Fbu.png

Bringing him in as we're short at forward and AMR position. I know I can sell him for decent profit if he doesn't develop. Will join in

Might as well raid Russian clubs whenever they get new regens as DandyDon worships them :p

Grrrrrr....no Clairefontaine regens on my save, and haven't been able to coax one Russian regen to sign for me :p

That Stepanov lad looks like he should be pretty useful for you....you lucky so and so

I got France on view only. ;) I think I'm going to spend my budget on regens ala Wenger's policy. Just can't be arsed to spend massive amount on players.

Just signed another Frenchman

QgIuj.png

Just looked at my youth candidates and none of them are good to be signed up.

Yh7u4.png

Got high hopes for him. 1.1M compensation. Won the appeal to gain him work permit, Probably going to be Ba's replacement. Could be bringing Mexican striker from New York Red Bulls. Will get screenshot up in a minute.

Also brought in a left back regen from PSG. Getting annoyed with Santon, Keeps making mistakes.

Asked Ashley to find a feeder club to improve our profile around the world, and he agrees.

Just got linked to Sporting (La Liga team) job, As their manager could leave at the end of the season.

Hiya guys, just a little update, Ive won the last two games, I beat Spurs 2-1 at St James Park with goals coming from Obertan and Bakenga, I then beat Wigan 2-1 at St James Park again with another goal from Obertan and Mr Newcastle Steven Taylor.

Looks like Obertan is playing well for you, hope the good form continues.:thup:

Yeah him and Tshabalala seem to be doing well, I drew 2-2 with Stoke with goals from Ba and Tshabalala, I then lost 1-0 to Everton at St James Park and paniced cos Cabaye had to come off but luckily he is only out for a day, I just want some consistency in my team, I cant seem to string along more then 2 wins in a row.

I was taken over by Hodcroft and a consortium in the summer so I can finally start spending some money instead of Ashley keeping it all to himself. We've also upgraded our youth facilities to be state of the art and our new and improved training facilities should be completed by the end of the month.

I decided it was time to put some pressure on the Manchester clubs and brought in Bale and ter Stegen to strengthen my defence as this was where we were lacking last season. Kolar and Faurlin were the only other "real" players brought in as we scouted the world for top youngsters. The two from Boca are my favourites. Both are already part of the national team which I've taken over in the summer. Ruggiero is a RB and Batallini is a GK.

newcastletransfers1415.png

This is how my season has started. I'm glad I got an easy start as a lot of my players didn't have a proper preseason due to extended leaves after the world cup. The loss against Real Madrid was fully deserved as they were just all over us. The match against the mackems was a nice one but my favourite has to be the one against spurs. They controlled the match but we defended brilliantly and hit them on the counter attack 4 times.

newcastlefixtures1415.png

Im trieing out an attacking 4-5-1 but its just getting used to the formation, I just drew Chelsea 2-2 after I was winning 2-0 when Steven Taylor and Maynor Figueora scored, so still searching for a win and had a goal disallowed in the 90th min so not happy at the moment.

Some good results there Gaz and john, :thup:

Getting nervous about keeping that unbeaten run going the closer you get to the end of the season Gaz? :p

It just went at the Bernabeau, 1-0 down after the first leg. Not that we deserved to lose mind - had a penalty shout turned down, hit the inside of the post twice, had the majority of possession (56%) and had three times as many shots as them! Still, at least they didn't walk all over us :D

League wise, I've survived White Hart Lane so far. Still need something at Old Trafford and the Stadium of Plight as well as two home games against Bolton and Swansea. Quietly confident of keeping it intact in the league lol

guys, i was wondering if its a bug and if there's any solution to it. I had my 10m bid for Nicolas Gaitan accepted. In the Contract Offer, i'm only able to give him max of 6,250 p/w. My payroll budget is 900k p/w and its standing at 850p/w at the moment. Any idea why? Similar for Carlos Fierro, his initial demand is 16,250p/w but the max i can give for squad rotation is 3,300p/w, first team 6,250p/w. I had to offer him key role in order to match his demand.

Might be too late to help you now, but I had the same problem. I think there's a limiter that stops you going over your wage budget if you offer too many contracts at once. I haven't had it since my first season, but my workaround was to click budget adjustment, increase the wage budget by 2 clicks, offer the contract (which you should be able to do now) and then change it back once the offer is finalised.

I actually won a rare game at home beating Swansea 2-1 with goals coming from Maynor Figueora and Steve Taylor, then I drew 1-1 with West Brom at home with Demba Ba scoring the goal for me, and I lost 3-2 away to Bolton Torstein Andersen Aase and Yohan Cabaye scoring the goals for me but Steven Taylor getting sent off in 38th minute made it difficult, Im trieing out a 4-2-3-1 formation against Liverpool at Anfield Ill keep you posted on how it goes.

I actually won a rare game at home beating Swansea 2-1 with goals coming from Maynor Figueora and Steve Taylor, then I drew 1-1 with West Brom at home with Demba Ba scoring the goal for me, and I lost 3-2 away to Bolton Torstein Andersen Aase and Yohan Cabaye scoring the goals for me but Steven Taylor getting sent off in 38th minute made it difficult, Im trieing out a 4-2-3-1 formation against Liverpool at Anfield Ill keep you posted on how it goes.

Good to see you're improving with 4-2-3-1 :D Just came from 1-0 down to beat Man Utd, 2-1 at home :cool:

Anyone got good tips on how to sell players for decent price? read that it's better to wait until end of the season and sell them?

Yeah cheers John, I drew 1-1 with Liverpool they were all over me I was lucky, Tshabalala scored again, just on 31st December with 30m in the bank and 100k under my wage budget so going to sign a few players already signed Pablo Mouche for 1.7m.

Didn't you sign Wilfried? Or was that someone else :D

Yeah he started ok but I think he is injured or away on international duty, just checked and he got injured on 19th November out for 6 weeks so he should be back soon, he has only scored 4 goals in 13 games for me, any ideas on how to get the best out of Willfrield then ?

Yeah he started ok but I think he is injured or away on international duty, just checked and he got injured on 19th November out for 6 weeks so he should be back soon, he has only scored 4 goals in 13 games for me, any ideas on how to get the best out of Willfrield then ?

I play him as poacher. 21 goals in 41 games. But keeps missing easy chances, sometimes I play him advanced forward and does well.

Beat Aston Villa 2-0 away to finish 2nd in the league, Straight after,Villa manager got sacked. I was favourite to take Aston Villa job and denied interest in the job.

Had my 10.5M bid accepted for Tevez, but he refused to budge from his request of 175K p/w, decided to pull out in the end. Greedy *******.

Will do season review tomorrow :)

Im trieing to sign Tevez I got Man City down to 19m for him so I bidded 17.5m over 48 monthes and see if that works, just lost to Man Utd again at home 1-0, I guess Im just going to be mid table this season got to win a few games through to keep me safe of hitting my seasons expections.

Season 2011/2012

Finished a crediable 3rd,but had the expectations of higher finish untilI started to drop easy points in the last 7 games or so. Dropped what I would call wins against West Brom, Stoke & Blackburn to cost me at least 9 points which would have put me in contention.On the other hand Man Utd broke their longest winning streak to take the title and do a treble, League Cup, FA and Premiership tittles.

Man City, Liverpool, Blackburn and Sunderland all saw there managers sacked during the season, with Jose Mourinho making a come back to the EPL.

Looking at improvements at the back with a quality Centre Back from - Smalling, Jones, Cahill, or Shawcross as the main priority over the break. Other potential signings included out wide with the likes of Bentley or Kieran Gibbs. Demba Ba was very disappointing an will likely be moved on, along with Ben Arfa, Marveaux Ryan Talyor, Leon Best. On the up side Tiote was very impressive when available, but missed big chances of the year with International duty and 2 x 8 week injuries. Cabaye was brilliant with 19 assists and 8 goals from midfield. Quality up front was lacking as no forward broke the 10 goals mark. Rochina was brought in for $1.5M in January and went 7 goals from 19 starts, and looks like getting better.

2012ladder.png

End of Transfer shopping. I'm getting ready for season 3. Decided to try to play 2 striker. I will be playing 41122. DMC and MC, i'm not sure if procession will be lost there. Prob my DL and DR will play WB instead of FB. gotta test few matches to see how things goes.

In

David Ospina (Free Transfer) - Additional option for first choice Tim Krul

Danny Wilson (7.5m Upfront + 10m 24mths installment) - Replacement for Coloccini at DC

Fernando Gago (Free Transfer) - Rotate with Tiote at DMC

Ryan Babel (Free Transfer) - Replacement for Gutierrez at AML

Marc Albrighton (4.5m) - Challenge Obertan and Dempsy for AMR

Carlos Vela (4.5m) - Signed him with intention to play both AML and ST

Daniel Sturridge (Free Transfer) - Additional fire power

Out

Forster 1.6m to Reading

Coloccini 2.3m to Galatasaray

Gutierrez 4.1m to Lazo (I have to pay a portion until end of contract)

Santana 1.1m to River

Vossen 3.5m to Leicester

Lua Lua 1.8m to Leicester

Season 2011/2012

Finished a crediable 3rd,but had the expectations of higher finish untilI started to drop easy points in the last 7 games or so. Dropped what I would call wins against West Brom, Stoke & Blackburn to cost me at least 9 points which would have put me in contention.On the other hand Man Utd broke their longest winning streak to take the title and do a treble, League Cup, FA and Premiership tittles.

Man City, Liverpool, Blackburn and Sunderland all saw there managers sacked during the season, with Jose Mourinho making a come back to the EPL.

Looking at improvements at the back with a quality Centre Back from - Smalling, Jones, Cahill, or Shawcross as the main priority over the break. Other potential signings included out wide with the likes of Bentley or Kieran Gibbs. Demba Ba was very disappointing an will likely be moved on, along with Ben Arfa, Marveaux Ryan Talyor, Leon Best. On the up side Tiote was very impressive when available, but missed big chances of the year with International duty and 2 x 8 week injuries. Cabaye was brilliant with 19 assists and 8 goals from midfield. Quality up front was lacking as no forward broke the 10 goals mark. Rochina was brought in for $1.5M in January and went 7 goals from 19 starts, and looks like getting better.

2012ladder.png

Brilliant season :D Shame about dropped points.

End of Transfer shopping. I'm getting ready for season 3. Decided to try to play 2 striker. I will be playing 41122. DMC and MC, i'm not sure if procession will be lost there. Prob my DL and DR will play WB instead of FB. gotta test few matches to see how things goes.

In

David Ospina (Free Transfer) - Additional option for first choice Tim Krul

Danny Wilson (7.5m Upfront + 10m 24mths installment) - Replacement for Coloccini at DC

Fernando Gago (Free Transfer) - Rotate with Tiote at DMC

Ryan Babel (Free Transfer) - Replacement for Gutierrez at AML

Marc Albrighton (4.5m) - Challenge Obertan and Dempsy for AMR

Carlos Vela (4.5m) - Signed him with intention to play both AML and ST

Daniel Sturridge (Free Transfer) - Additional fire power

Out

Forster 1.6m to Reading

Coloccini 2.3m to Galatasaray

Gutierrez 4.1m to Lazo (I have to pay a portion until end of contract)

Santana 1.1m to River

Vossen 3.5m to Leicester

Lua Lua 1.8m to Leicester

Good signings :) But I think you might have paid too much for Wilson ;)

EfcP0.png

Carling Cup - Winners (4-2 against Fulham)

FA Cup - Went out 5th Round, Lost 1-0 to Liverpool. Wolves went on to beat Bolton 2-0 in the final.

Barclays Premier League Final Standing

MFIdn.png

cpSu4.png

CLqfd.png

Absolutely delighted with how my season went. But little bit disappointed with amount of games I've drawn. Currently unbeaten against Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea. Also won manager of the year.

Arsenal - 0-0 both games

Man City - 1-1 away and 1-0 at home.

Man Utd - 1-1 Away and 2-1 at home

Chelsea - 2-2 at home and 2-0 away.

Transfers for next season.

I'm looking to shift Ryan Taylor, Fabio Coloccini and couple players. Looking to bring in a decent AMC and AMR and whom? I don't know yet and will have a look on the market.

Christian Eriksen for AMC, he's an assist machine and general hero. Been easily my best player for all for 4 seasons.

How did I forget him :eek: How much did he cost you? According to Desailly's scout report, 10M will do it.

Just denied interest in Everton job. Moyes took over Spurs job after Redknapp went to Liverpool.

How did I forget him :eek: How much did he cost you? According to Desailly's scout report, 10M will do it.

Just denied interest in Everton job. Moyes took over Spurs job after Redknapp went to Liverpool.

Cost me £8m at the start. Take a look in his player thread, have posted up some screenies of him in recent seasons and perfromances. He's a must buy.

Just asked Cozar to do report on him and he reckons 16M will get them to sell him to me :(

They just accepted 15M for him :D Pulled out as he wouldn't budge on 33K p/w which I can only offer 29K. But going for him again whenever I get my transfer/wage budget for next season.

Archived