FM08: Aston Villa Thread - Holte Enders In The Sky!

SkeeterP

i have decided to start a Villa game to run alongside my team in dafuge's challenge. went for them as obviously a decent transfer kitty, plus some good youngsters.

i plan on trying to play a 4-3-2-1 formation with two wide forwards, in order to try and best use the pace of young and agbonlahor.

on the transfer front, i am targeting some good youth transfers, as well as a RB, AML/AMR and a ST. looking at defoe and doyle for ST (can get for around £9m i think) although also considering a bid for vagner love. i don't feel that harewood or carew will score the goals i need to meet my objectives of a european finish. RB is obviously a weak area, and i feel i need extra cover in the wide areas. as he's apparently awesome, i'm also buying ever banega subject to WP on appeal.

i've played only one friendly so far, a slightly disappointing 1-0 defeat away at Young Boys, although i didn't put too much pressure on them. Carew missed a hatful.

i will post more as i move towards the start of the season.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by rlipscombe:

i have decided to start a Villa game to run alongside my team in dafuge's challenge. went for them as obviously a decent transfer kitty, plus some good youngsters.

i plan on trying to play a 4-3-2-1 formation with two wide forwards, in order to try and best use the pace of young and agbonlahor.

on the transfer front, i am targeting some good youth transfers, as well as a RB, AML/AMR and a ST. looking at defoe and doyle for ST (can get for around £9m i think) although also considering a bid for vagner love. i don't feel that harewood or carew will score the goals i need to meet my objectives of a european finish. RB is obviously a weak area, and i feel i need extra cover in the wide areas. as he's apparently awesome, i'm also buying ever banega subject to WP on appeal.

i've played only one friendly so far, a slightly disappointing 1-0 defeat away at Young Boys, although i didn't put too much pressure on them. Carew missed a hatful.

Carew is definately worth keeping - take a look around this thread and you will find many people who agree. Luke Moore is also quality, he plays really well as a super sub for me.

Try Ryan Taylor for RB, cost me £4.5m

Aaritalo is a quality and cheap acquisition. Can play AML and AMR and ST! Costs about £250k

T.V.

Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Carew is definately worth keeping - take a look around this thread and you will find many people who agree. Luke Moore is also quality, he plays really well as a super sub for me.

Aaritalo is a quality and cheap acquisition. Can play AML and AMR and ST! Costs about £250k

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks. i'm not particularly planning on getting rid of carew, i'm just not convinced he'll be prolific.... will certainly give him a chance though.

looking at Ryan Taylor as an option for RB amongst a few. will also look at Aaritalo as am aware of his quality...

Keep an eye out for Ferreira, in my game Chelsea didn't renew his contract, so I snapped him up on a free. Still good at 29, and better than my other RB Justin Hoyte who's now backup.

I'm still on the look out for young RBs that will fill Ferreira's shoes eventually.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -TonyVain-:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rlipscombe:

T.V. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks. i'm not particularly planning on getting rid of carew, i'm just not convinced he'll be prolific.... will certainly give him a chance though.

looking at Ryan Taylor as an option for RB amongst a few. will also look at Aaritalo as am aware of his quality... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IN my first season Carew in 37 games got me 26 goals, 14 assists and 9 MoM. Helped my to the winners medal though it was on goal difference.

For RB I went for Jagielka from everton. Cost me about 7.5m though but he gets me a steady 7 almost every game.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

Hey, well I done my first season with Aston Villa, got 8th in the league. Nothing special. But this is because I didnt win in 10 league games because all of my strikers went into goal droughts at the same time. So this took me from like 3rd to 12th, but battled back at the end to get to 8th with notable wins against chelsea, newcastle (away), liverpool.

But yeah am in 2nd season and think I can do well as to get in top 4 with my 27 million bank balance, but I want an out and out scorer. Someone that will grab the goals. Owen, Defoe, Martins all been soldd. Most players dont see me as big enough to want to move to me.

Anyone suggest a striker?

Sorry I posted a reply and have since restarted my game so please ignore it.

Right I have started again with Aston Villa, primarily to get a good striker.

My idea was:

Gk: Carson

RB: Ignashevicj

CB: Cahill

CB: Breno

LB: Bouma

RM: Young

CM: Reo-Coker

CM/ACM: Van Der Vaart

LM: Barry

ST: Owen

ST: Moore

Does that look a worthy line up. I worry about my 4-3-1-2 tactic, as I used 4-4-2 in my last game but didnt score many goals with it.

Anyone suggest a tactic? And any advice how I can sell players like Agbonlahor and Harewood. As I cant get rid of either.

Much appreciated.

Originally posted by tjallen900:

Sorry I posted a reply and have since restarted my game so please ignore it.

Right I have started again with Aston Villa, primarily to get a good striker.

My idea was:

Gk: Carson

RB: Ignashevicj

CB: Cahill

CB: Breno

LB: Bouma

RM: Young

CM: Reo-Coker

CM/ACM: Van Der Vaart

LM: Barry

ST: Owen

ST: Moore

Does that look a worthy line up. I worry about my 4-3-1-2 tactic, as I used 4-4-2 in my last game but didnt score many goals with it.

Anyone suggest a tactic? And any advice how I can sell players like Agbonlahor and Harewood. As I cant get rid of either.

Much appreciated.

best way to sell that i have found is: transfer list, not needed by club. Then offer them for £0 and quite alot over 12months. This way i sold Harewood for £7.5mill and i still can't believe this one - Craig Gardner £40m icon_biggrin.gif

i decided to go start a villa game cause they have my fav player - summer singing nigel reo coker.

anyway there a good team cause you have money, a couple of improvements and the team is unreal.

well here is my team and what i have done.

Players In- Obafemi Martins,Tomas Ujfalusi,Ever Benega,Pablo Piatti,Fernando Belluschi,Jean ll Makoun,Sotiris Ninis,Genero Zeefuik, Lauri Dalla Valle,Dan Gosling,Luca Santonocito,Gabriel Torje,John Fleck,Mamadou Sakho.

Staff In-Stefano Eranio,Fillipo Galli,Krzysztof Dowhan,Jan Heintze,Luc van Agt,Claudio Gaudino,Francisco Seirul.lo, Pako Ayestaran,Mark Sertori,John Van Abbeny,Roger Gustafsson.

Players Coming In January- Jozy Altidore,James McCarthy,Oier Olazabal,Guy Asulin,Georginio Wijnaldum,Sherman Cardenas,Niklas Barkroth,Breno.

Players Out-Stiliyan Petrov,Moustapha Salifou,Olof Melberg,Patrick Berger,Shaun Maloney,Thomas Sorensen,Wilfred Bouma.

Loans Out-Stephen O'Halloran(Stoke),Isaiah Ocbourne(millwall),Dan Gosling(Dundee Utd).

Staff Out- Tony McAndrew,Alan Miller,Seamus McDonagh,Ian Storey-Moore,Steve Burns,Mel Machin,Paul Rastrick,John Robertson.

Team

GK-Scott Carson

DL-Gareth Barry©

DR-Tomas Ujfalusi

DC-Curtis Davies

DC-Zat Knight

CM-Nigel Reo Coker(vc)

CM-Jean ll Makoun

RM-Fernando Belluschi

LM-Asheley Young

ST-Obafemi Martins

ST-Luke Moore/ John Carew

Subs

Sotiris Ninis,Pablo Piatti,Ever Benega,Martin Laursen,Graig Gardner,Gary Cahill,Marlon Harewood,Gabriel Agbonlahor.

League Results-

Played 9, Won 5, Drawn 3, Lost 1

Birmingham 4-1,Sunderland 4-1,Blackburn 0-0, Derby 3-0,Bristol Rovers 3-0,Bolton 1-1,Man Utd 2-3,Chelsea 1-0,Middlesbrough 3-0,Liverpool 3-3,Arsenal 2-1

Obafemi Martins is unreal he has 10 apps for 9 goals , goals against united,chelsea and arsenal.

Right I am getting a bit annoyed at the moment.

I am making what I see as a good squad, that seems to underperform. Can people maybe help me with tactics or something, training tips etc. Like I know my defence is crap in the example, but even in the games when my defence is good I still concede lots of goals to crap teams and underperform. Maybe suggest players to sign in defence?

I have:

GK: Carson (bidding for Ochoa)

DL: Bouma/Barry

DC: Sol Campbell

DC: Knight

DR: Ignasevich

MC: Reo-Coker/Barry

MC: Makoun

AML: Young/Aissati

AMR: Belluschi

AMC: Van Der Vaart

ST: Carew

I play 4-2-3-1. With either Van Der Vaart or Belluschi as the playmaker. Tend to play quick football, focussing down the wings.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thats really similar to my team, and with that formation I won the league and league cup in the first season.

Might be to do with your team talks? To me they seem to have far too much influence on how well your players do. I always set it to 'win for the supporters' or sometimes 'expect a win'.

Depends on who your playing and what you said for your pre-match interview.

Well should I be confident or cautious when talking about beating big teams like Man Utd? And the same with small teams?

I seem to do ok with that formation if i drop it back 4-2-3-1, my 2 being dm and 3 just being midfielders, but then my assistant slags off my midfielders saying they arent good because they dont play there best football there. Surely they can still perform if it isnt there favoured position. As they seem to do better for me than when in those preferred positions.

Plus i might get a new striker, as Carew has like 3 goals in 7 where as van der vaart has like 8. Maybe go with Huntelaar?

Is Barry good at leftback?

I'm might be trying to get downing and play Barry at DL.

Wich striker should i buy of Owen, Vagner Love or Defoe?

Originally posted by Phil8:

Is Barry good at leftback?

I'm might be trying to get downing and play Barry at DL.

Wich striker should i buy of Owen, Vagner Love or Defoe?

I am currently playing Barry at LB and he seems to be doing well, only been playing him there for 4 games though. Think he will play well pretty much anyway to be honest. Also Petrov is a good left winger if you fail with Downing.

As for striker, I have Vagner love and he seems to score alot. I hear good things about Owen but he can be pricey and Defoe is cheap but I dont know how well he does.

My season beginning to go into freefall before Christmas icon_frown.gif

Had excellant form up until being 12t beating Man Utd 3-1 and Birmingham 4-1

But loss of form and poor run of games and now down to 8th. VDV's form had dipped and strikers now playing poorly.

Any advice on what sort of tactic to get back on track?

ok well i finished my 1st season with and won the trebile. epl,league cup,fa cup.

Season Summary

EPL Table

pos- team- won- drn- lost- for- ag- gd- pts

1st- Aston Villa- 23, 12, 3, 77, 38, +39, 81

2nd- Man Utd- 21, 14, 3, 65, 33, +32, 77

3rd- Reading- 22, 9, 7, 64, 38, +26, 75

4th- Liverpool- 20, 13, 5, 57, 28, +29, 73

5th- Chealsea- 21, 9, 8, 55, 23, +32, 72

6th- Arsenal- 20, 9, 9, 62, 36, +26, 69

League Cup Run

2nd Round- Beat Bristol Rovers 2-0,3rd Round- Beat Middlesbrough 3-0,4th Round- Beat Liverpool 1-0,Quater Final- Beat Sunderland 3-1,Semi Final- Beat Newcastle 2-2 (2nd leg 1-1 won on away goal),Final Beat Portsmouth 1-0 in extra time.

FA Cup Run

3rd Round- Beat Blackburn 1-0,4th Round Beat West Brom 1-0,5th Round Beat Bolton 3-1,6th Round Beat Fulham 3-2,Semi Final Beat Liverpool 2-0,Final Beat Man Utd on penalties after regular time finished 3-3.

Transfers In

Obafemi Martins,Tomas Ujfalusi,Ever Benega,Pablo Piatti,Fernando Belluschi,Jean ll Makoun,Sotiris Ninis,Genero Zeefuik, Lauri Dalla Valle,Dan Gosling,Luca Santonocito,Gabriel Torje,John Fleck,Mamadou Sakho,(January Deals-Jozy Altidore,Steve Sidwell,Vagner Love,Oier Olazabal,Breno)

Transfers Out

Stiliyan Petrov,Moustapha Salifou,Olof Melberg,Patrick Berger,Shaun Maloney,Thomas Sorensen,Wilfred Bouma.John Carew(went in january)

Players Out On Loan

Dan Gosling (Dundee Utd),Mamadou Sakho (stoke),Isaiah Osbourne (returned from millwall then went to blackpool),Sotiris Ninis(olympiakos),Gabriel Agbonlahor(Derby)

Awards

Dan Gosling - Named in Dundee Utd Seasonal Best Eleven,Named in 2008 Clydesdale Bank Premier League Team of the Year,Named Clydesdale Bank Premier League 2007/08 Young Player of the Year.

Obafemi Martins- Named in Aston Villa Seasonal Best eleven,2007/08 supporters Player of the year,2007/08 European Golden Boot,Named in 2008 English Players' Premier Division Select,2007/08 English Premier Division Top Goalscorer,2007/08 English Footballer of the Year.

Summer Transfers

Players In-

Angel Di Maria,Niklas Barkroth,Juan Roman Riquelme,Francisco Guillermo Ochoa,Alessandro Tuia,James McCarthy,Alex(vasco),Paris Cowan-Hall,Rhys Murphy(arsenal),Havard Nordtveit,Lefteris Matsoukas,Claude Makelele.

Players Out-

Martin Laursen,Steve Sidwell,Gabriel Agbonlahor,Stephen O'Halloran,Jean ll Makoun, Tomas Ujfalusi,Ashley Young,Erik Lund,Ciaran Clark.

Players Out On Loan-

Isaiah Osbourne(sunderland),Graig Gardner(west ham),Alessandro Tuia(Lokeren),Barry Bannan(carlisle),Alex(RC Strasbourg),Havard Nordtveit(club brugge),Paris Cowan-Hall(blackpool).

My Chairman Accepted the bid for Ashley Young thats why i sold him sevilla offered 18.25m for him and it got accepeted icon_mad.gif, now he has 5pps for 4 goals this year for them. And the reason i sold Tomas Ujfalusi was cause he disliked Reo Coker and as reo coker is my favourite player in the world he had to go, but i got a good profit on him cause i bought him for 6.75m and sold him for 10m to everton. he was valued at 6.75 and i transfer listed him and everton inquided for him and i said 10m cause i didnt want him to stay in the same league but cause it was such a good deal i sold him to david moyes.And Steve Sidwell i made a nice profit on him, i bought him for 1.5m and sold him for 5m, it was good cause i only bought him as a bench player.

Starting 11

GK- Ochoa

DL- Sakho

DR- Gosling

DC- Davies

DC- Knight

ML- Barry©

MR- Belluschi

MC- Reo Coker(vc)

MC- Riquelme

ST- Martins

ST- Moore/ Vagner Love

Subs

Di Maria,Ninis,Torje,Piatti,Benega,Breno,Altidore,Cahill,Makelele,Harewood

2nd Year Results

Im sitting 2nd in the league 5 points behind Man Utd but i have a game in hand, I won my 3rd round league Cup match against sunderland 1-0.

Champions League Group

Barcelona, PSV, Fiorentina, so hopefully i can quilify.

I beat Barcelona 2-0 with 10 men (reo coker red card), then i lost to Fiorentina 1-0 again i was paying with 10 men (piatti red card) next game PSV and there sitting top of the group after beating barcelona 2-0 and fiorentina 1-0.

So Hopefully I can Win everything again this year ill let you guy no how i go.

Are Laursen, Mellberg and Bouma worth keeping after season 1? All their contracts only have a few months left but I'm undecided about what to do with them.

Thinking of letting Laursen and Mellberg go with Davies already coming in (waste of £10m) as I don't really need the extra DCs.

With Bouma I'm pretty sure I'll keep him as I do need a LB and I don't know how much money I'll get in the summer and he has played well.

So what have other people done with these 3 players? Also, who woul you recommend as a LB?

How did you get Akinfeev, kompany, garay and Aguero icon_eek.gif

I signed kompany for possible total £11m but garay went for £21.5m and if I signed him for that I'd have nothing left now.

Anyway, in desperate need of DR and DL now for season 2. Have about £20m left to spend after filling out the rest of my squad.

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

How did you get Akinfeev, kompany, garay and Aguero icon_eek.gif

I signed kompany for possible total £11m but garay went for £21.5m and if I signed him for that I'd have nothing left now.

Anyway, in desperate need of DR and DL now for season 2. Have about £20m left to spend after filling out the rest of my squad.

KOmpany - 15m

Garay - 16m

In second season akinfeev - 14m

aguero - 28m

I sold loads of players for a lot of money - young 20m - moore 15m.,....

For DR look at Cassani or De silvestri or Van den borre

For Dl look at marcelo , adriano, cassani, miguel, del horno

Already tried all them and no luck. Must have looked at 30+ full backs this summer and still not signed one, so will end up using Flamini at LB with Bouma and Ignashevich at RB with Taylor if I can't get anybody.

Not signed a striker this summer either so still left with Moore, Carew and Owen and then gabby and young as back up.

Ridiculous money flying around is making it even harder to sign quality players and finding a lot of players not interested in joining still.

Season 3 with Villa;

2nd in prem by a point to Chelsea:

Seriously changed the squad around as I am in the champions league;

4-4-2 Att with a few tweaks for each player.

GK- Ochoa/Felipe

RB- Alves/Van Den Borre

LB- Bale/Barry

CB- Barzagli(Capt)/Breno

CB- Dellafiorre/Rajkovic

RW- Elano/Alex

LW- Fernandez/M.Petrov/Assiatti

CM- Diego/Banega

CM- Van Der Vaart/Rakitic

ST- Huntelaar/Doyle

ST- Benzema/Love

My only issue at the mo is the amount of goals I concede. I always lead the scoring charts but also am a contender for most conceded each season. 4-3 and 4-2 are often results.

Any Ideas??

Originally posted by amos28:

wel im an albion fan took over villa ha.

ive signed van der vaarticon_biggrin.gif Sergey Ignasevich

and pinola the argentinian left back and bellucshi for 3.8 mil what a bargain. eddie johnson and kallon on a free.

my team looks very good.

questions to ask....can i trust scott carson?

is agbonlahor better this time around?

luke moore? ashley young? how are they?

Carson is good for your first year, but look for a betyter keeper for second season, i got ochoa for 3.5 and he's class.

agbonglahor is bunk, luke moore is class by the second season, young's ok, i sold him for 13mil plus 45% future fee.

managed to get palacio and v der vaart, 2 best signings of season. sneaked into champions league on goal difference on last day of the season. signed menez for 10, sold him for 16 mil at end of the season, he was good, got better a s the season progressed but never set the world alight.

second summer made some class signings - de guzman, matthias fernandez, corluka, and the best of the lot was lulinha - the kid is immense.

Just starting my second season after the patch. First season went alot better than I thought it would. Had it so I couldn't do transfers until january so had some problems with having Mellberg at RB.

Managed to get to the league cup final. Played Liverpool so had no Carson and Taylor was my only other keeper. Game finished 1-1 both scoring in injury time, ended on penalties lost 3-2.

FA cup didn't go well got Chelsea so I was straight out of that.

Ended up finishing 9th in the league and got into UEFA Cup on fair play.

Second season has gone really well so far through to group stage of UEFA cup, have a tough group though. 9th in the league after 10 games but have played all the big 4. Managed a 5-1 win over Liverpool. Carson decided he didn't want to come play for me so we had a nice visit back to him. There one goal was a penalty thanks to Zat Knight.

Anyway my current squad and tactics below.

ttrtc6.jpg

fhfps1.jpg

just started a new game as aston villa and didn't think i would be able to compete with the big teams so said qualification through league, in terms of spending and then tinkered with the wage budget to give myself 30 million to spend.

Players in -VDV,Cassetti(bargain),Collocini, and Banega arriving in Jan.

No one out yet but going to get rid of Moore(VDV, Petrov and Collocini don't get on)and Melberg(Laursen, Reo-coker don't get on + need more wages)

Currently early december and im first in the league, and media refers to me as title challengers(oh how would have liked that extra money if i had said that). Played 14 won 9 lost 2 drawn 3, VDV is on fire only carew has scored more but VDV has 22 assists already.

I lost both of my games early in the league(2nd and 3rd) i think and by that stage was still tinkering with tactics and formations but now settled on one (4-1-3-1-1) currently having to play Barry as DM and Maloney on left wing as Banega doesn't arrive untill jan, but its going all right just want to play Barry on left. In Jan transfer window i'm looking for a striker to take over from Carew as he really does miss alot of chances for me, any ideas anyone?

Hi, I've got a very good game going with AV and I'm currently in January and 2nd in league and unbeaten , I've won 15 and drew 8, 2 points behind Chelsea, Oba Martins is bang in form 22 in 21 but has gone to the ACON but Maloney hit a hat trick in his first game as replacement so things are looking good, and i have VDV but he is just not preforming

off to play in the F.A Cup 3rd round against Scunthorpe icon_cool.gif

Just got to the end of January in second season.

7th in the league. Only 5 points off the top. League has been very open.

In final of League Cup again. This time against Chelsea. Already beat them once this season.

Still in UEFA Cup but got drawn against Lyon so I might be out soon.

FA Cup has been ace been playing Harry Forrester up front. He has 4 goals in 2 games. He's not ready for the league starts yet but he might replace Carew for next season. He's been awful since coming back from injury so might get rid.

Bianchi and Agbonlahor have been on fire both on 15 goals so far and Agbonlahor has been playing on the wing all season.

Just need to look at my defenders next season. Not sure whether to replace Hutton. Want to have a look and see if I can get someone who can play anywhere across the back. Bale and Hutton get tired and I don't have the best of cover.

ello to all aston villa fans well i have finished my first season and it was bad.

I finished 13th and i got a good team dont know were i went worng icon_mad.gif .

So if any 1 has had the same as me let me know or if ya got any idears of any other good players just give me a yell

Well i have just finsished season 2 and i finished 8th better than last year any way.

Here is my Aston Villa team looks now.

Aston Villa

5-3-2

G)Ochoa - Taylor

dc)Jagielka - Davies

dc)Naldo - Clark

wrb)Ogararu - Griffiths

wrl)Shorey

mc)Reo-coker - Barry

mc)Van der vaart - Osbourne

amc)Young - Agbonlahor

fc)Keane - Kluivert

fc)Yakubu - Moore

i am hoping to buy a Wrl so i got cover for Shorey and i mite even get a new Foward as well any idears of any good upfronts ?

Originally posted by spanksta:

Hi there, I am actually a Manu fan but I go to see villa games. As its boring playing as Utd I thought I would give villa ago.

Not too far into my first season but I just wanted you to see ho class Carew has turned out for me (hes hardly getting mentioned). I play him partnered with Huntelaar. Look at his game stats.

1.jpg

This is my team and positions (based on the Firoa2.tac)

2.jpg

Can not believe how well I have started. Fiora tactic is well worth a look. I slightly changed it and am doing great

3.jpg

Spanksta - how did you get the badges/photos for the prem sides, would love to have all that stuff?????!!!

TPM- went for Mackaay but also got Cruz on loan from inter with a look to permanent, basically either playing one of Carew or Cruz upfront with Mackaay and a diamond or 1 up front with a 4-1-3-1-1. Also got Dacourt for a bargain 250k in jan window, rotate him and banega in the holding role

Season 2 table

Fantastic season. FA and League Cup winners too as well as a good CL run.

Signings for season 3 are Dos Santos (free), Fábio (free), Carrizo (free), Piqué (£13.25m (release fee)), Toulalan (£15m+Flamini), Aguero (£31m (release fee)).

Have sold: Lund (£75k), Mikaelsson (free), Foster (£3.2m), Taylor (free), Jiménez (£7m), Cahill (£4.5m), Flamini (P/ex), Barry £7m.

Zat Knight could be on his way out too, as could Gabby after randy accepted a £16m bid from Chelsea and Barca have bid £26.5m for VDV which could be too good to turn down.

I took over Villa and my first Premier League game was against United, went 1-0 up at half time and got beat 3-1 in the end.

I brought in Modirc, Ryan Taylor, Huntelaar, Piatti, Makoun, Torje and Ignashevich.

Sold Cahill, Harewood and currently trying to sell Laursen.

Playing a 4-1-2-2-1 (two wingers) but i think i might be better playing both Carew and Huntelaar... any suggestions?

Alrite guys, started a game with the villains, signed martins and collocini each were 13m, and aaritalo for 200k, and brought in Zeefuik from psv for 1m. Laursen, petrov have been sold, osbourne out on loan.

Starting line up is; Carson, Collocini, Knight, Davies, Bouma, Young, Reo-Coker, Barry, Aaritalo, Carew, Martins in a simple 4 - 4 - 2, I play a quick attacking tactic but have my defence as deep as possible and counter attacking on, with passing focused down the wings.

Villa 4 - 1 Sunderland (Martins x 2, Barry, Harewood)

Newcastle 2 - 1 Villa (Carew)

Villa 4 - 2 Everton (Martins, Barry, Gardner, Reo-Coker)

Tottenham 1 - 2 Villa (Martins x 2)

Villa 4 - 0 Blackpool (Harewood x 2, Moore, Agbonlahor)

Currently 2 days left in the transfer window, have 9.25m left to spend, I think either a left back or a centre mid (as barry left back was class for me in my lfc game). A bit of advice needed b4 3:30 today please b4 i go home and play on it

cheers

well i am villa and this is my 3rd season and i got a champions leauge spot last year so got loads of money 2 spend.

I just got Crouch back for villa and i got a Amc named Adir i think that is his name but i need 1 more player and that is a upfront i have got 35million left in the kitty so if or could any of u guys help me and throw some class upfronts that r willing 2 sign for my villa side it would help a lot thanks one and all

in 2nd season with villa, 7th after 18 games, finished 10th first season

only signed young english players as i want to build a squad for the future

signed ryan taylor, scott golbourne and tom huddlestone in the first season, letting laursen and mellberg leave

2nd season ive signed davies and carson on full deal, henri lansbury, nedum onuoha and giles barnes. while letting sorensen leave to b'ham.

me and my mate have decided to try and take villa to success. We are doing it as a challenge to see who can do the best.

Started my game last night and got off to an indiffrent start:

Drew with Man Utd 0 - 0

Beat Sunderland 2 - 1

Lost Bolton 1 - 0

Beat Huddersfield 3 - 1 (league cup)

Drew Chelsea 1 - 1

brougbt in a few players.

Warnock 2.6 mil

Hutton 3.0 mil

Makoun 9.0 mil

some decent hungarian left winger people have mentioned.

could not buy a decent striker before the deadline which i was dissapointed with. spurs wouldnt let defoe go and reading wanted 15 mil for doyle!!

will have to make do with luke moore an carew until jan. have put agbonlahor on a "striker" train shedule to try and increase his finishing stats as he could be awsome up front with his pace.

Ello peeps can any 1 help me my villa side r letting in too many goals this year and i am nowere near the team i was last year witch i got 3rd in the prem.

So i got £15m to spend and i really need 2 or 3 out of this world def to help me cos the rest of my team r s**t hot.

So can any 1 throw me a life line for some def it would help me loads

Thanks

Originally posted by Frankie 7:

Might start a new game with Villa. What advice would you give?

Players in, Players to sell etc?

Ya wanna get Van Der Vaart for ya villa side he cost me £12.5m and if ya want a good upfront try Defoe or keane from spurs.

I got owen for my villa side and he puts the goals away oh and if ya can get him try Mario Balotelli he's a cracker well worth the money if ya can get him and he is still young

Archived