[FM11] Matlock Town - The Give Youth A Chance Challenge

Tony Hawker

I've tried this challenge with Cambridge but after 10 games with only 2 points the worst defence and attack i gave up.

Not even one decent player for the league.

Any tips mate to start again this challenge?

I just started this challenge with Harrow - looks like I might struggle for the first couple of seasons :p (I only have 3 strikers in my entire squad - 2 of them are terrible)

Good luck with Harrow! they've just gotten relegated from Blue Square South on their first season in the league with 3 games left their form in 6-4-29 GF 20 GA 89, hopefully you can do better ;)

I've tried this challenge with Cambridge but after 10 games with only 2 points the worst defence and attack i gave up.

Not even one decent player for the league.

Any tips mate to start again this challenge?

All I can say is try and grind out results because to start off it's easier to draw than to win and good luck if you start again!

Congrats on winning the Blue Square North :thup: Best of luck in the Blue Square Prem :)

Thanks B.W.G, it looks like we'll be spending quite a few seasons here, as long as we don't get relegated that is, I only have 2 games left of the season so I should be able to do an update tonight

Matlock Town FC - Blue Square Premier - 2019/20

This year, and for the next couple of years is basically just survival in this league.

League Table

League Position Graph

We survived! and even managed to win 14 games which is better than our first 3 years in Blue Square North, what I find a bigger surprise is how Wycombe have fallen down all the way to the BSP.

FA Cup - A narrow win over New Mills followed by being thrashed by League 1 Northampton in the 1st Round...

FA Trophy - Out at the first hurdle, lost in the replay 2-0 (aet) after us going down to 9 men...

Squad - Steve West stayed on as a coach, there's 7 players between age 32 & 35, everyone else is 24 and under.

Key Players:

John Jimoh - On the favoured personnel list 173 league apps now, and 90 goals.

Sam Hayward - Nope, not Chung Chi Fai, but Sam is very consistent making 194 apps scores a few, and helps with assists.

Season             League                 Position              Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11                                                  On Holiday
2011/12                                                  On Holiday
2012/13      Blue Square North              19th         FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd
2013/14      Blue Square North              18th         FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd, FA Trophy 1st Rnd
2014/15      Blue Square North              17th         FA Cup 1st Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd
2015/16      Blue Square North              13th         FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd, FA Trophy 2nd Rnd
2016/17      Blue Square North               9th         FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd, FA Trophy 3rd Rnd
2017/18      Blue Square North               5th         FA Cup 1st Rnd , FA Trophy Semi-Finals, Lost in Playoff Finals
2018/19      Blue Square North               1st         FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd, FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Promoted as Champions
2019/20      Blue Square Premier            20th         FA Cup 1st Rnd, FA Trophy 1st Rnd, Survived

congrats on surviving :)

i'm currently Played 10 - Won 1 - Drawn 2 - Lost 7 - Goal Diff -11 - in 20th place :/

How is the players morale, just a tip that has seemed to work for me is give the players a high league & cup bonus, it makes them a lot happier playing for you and gets them more motivated.

N66Z9.png

Kudos to you for trying out this challenge. It's not my cup of tea personally but good luck to you. You really need a lot of patience for this challenge.

How much money have you saved so far? I reckon a facilities upgrade should be something you should think about in the next few seasons.

Okay some news, I've finished the next season but there'll be no updates for a few days - 2 weeks, I'm in the process of moving house with my family and I don't know how long it will take for us to get internet again, I'll carry on playing FM and will take screenshots of the league table for every season, I'm sorry if I don't update, I will try and do a short post every few days on where I am if I can.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's the 1st of September, and I have internet back!

The game is now in 2025 and the last few League tables for you guys:

Blue Square Premier 2021-22 League Table

Blue Square Premier 2022-23 League Table

Blue Square Premier 2023-24 League Table

Blue Square Premier 2024-25 League Table

So we have finally made the football league after 12 years in the Blue Square leagues.

And the legends that are Chung Chi Fai & John Jimoh:

John Jimoh

Chung Chi Fai

Well guys, I've grown slightly bored of Matlock, but will be keeping this up as a backup, but I see this more for FM12, and I'm on a smaller computer now so until then I'll be creating a new thread and going back to where I began, San Marino....where I had undoubtedly my greatest successes.

Sorry for inconveniences.

Archived