[FM11] The Hitch hiker's Guide to FM11

B.W.G

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group Stage

Group A                                             Group B                 
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Uruguay       3  2  1  0  5  1   7                  1st Ukraine      3  2  0  1  3  2   6
2nd Sweden        3  1  2  0  4  2   5                  2nd France       3  1  1  1  3  3   4
3rd Cameroon      3  1  1  1  6  2   4                  3rd Paraguay     3  1  1  1  3  3   4
4th Qatar         3  0  0  3  0  10  0                  4th Morocco      3  1  0  2  2  3   3

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Italy         3  2  1  0  5  1   7                  1st Brazil       3  3  0  0  6  0   9
2nd England       3  2  0  1  5  4   6                  2nd Turkey       3  1  1  1  5  3   4
3rd Mexico        3  1  1  1  5  2   4                  3rd China        3  0  2  1  2  3   2
4th Chile         3  0  0  3  2  10  0                  4th Costa Rica   3  0  1  2  3  10  0

Group E                                             Group F
1st Germany       3  2  0  1  8  3   6                  1st Slovakia     3  2  1  0  5  2   7
2nd Scotland      3  2  0  1  6  6   6                  2nd Algeria      3  1  1  1  5  4   4
3rd Nigeria       3  1  1  1  6  3   4                  3rd Croatia      3  1  1  1  3  4   4
4th Japan         3  0  1  2  1  9   1                  4th Iran         3  0  1  2  1  4   1

Group G                                             Group H
1st U.S.A         3  1  2  0  4  1   5                  1st Russia       3  2  1  0  9  5   7
2nd Belgium       3  1  2  0  4  1   5                  2nd Czech Rep    3  2  0  1  7  6   6
3rd Argentina     3  1  2  0  5  3   5                  3rd Mali         3  1  1  1  8  4   4
4th South Korea   3  0  1  2  1  9   1                  4th Saudi Arabia 3  0  0  3  0  9   0

Knockout Stages

Overview

Only major shock was the champs not being able to defend their title as they failed to qualify for the World Cup along with us and Portugal.The only real shocks in the group stages were Scotland going through and Argentina making an early exit.Other then that,it was a bog standard World Cup.England made an early exit as usual while no South American side made it past the quarter finals.The major talking point was Slovakia who finished 4th in the World Cup,the fact they failed to qualify 4 years ago (under my guidance) shows that talent can come through if patience is involved or that my tactics just sucked.France lost the first game in the competition and it took a late equalizer to rescue the game even though they hammered Germany with 31 shots to the Germans 9!

Canada and USA team up to bring you another title. :cool:

Good luck with Spain. :thup:

As always.....they had to have some talent through eventually though :p

Thanks,lets see if I can do something with a bunch of underachievers :D

Nope not taking it,with those sort of budgets it would get boring very quickly and could win everything in two seasons tops!

Once I've done with Roma,I will be taking small clubs and turning them into big clubs in each continent and depending how fast I get this done then expect Give Youth a chance somewhere down the line :D

Nope not taking it,with those sort of budgets it would get boring very quickly and could win everything in two seasons tops!

Once I've done with Roma,I will be taking small clubs and turning them into big clubs in each continent and depending how fast I get this done then expect Give Youth a chance somewhere down the line :D

Good man, just the answer I was hoping for! A man after my own heart. Stick it to the man BWG :D

A fine season with Roma, nearly the clean sweep! Looks like you've built a team capable of several seasons of success, so it'll be interesting to see what happens once you leave Rome.

Enjoy your last season with them :)

Thanks,I have already envisioned what is going to happen......the new manager will sell them all :D I always build for the future as the clubs I have been at have been patient so I have had no worries with regards to my job!

Thanks,will enjoy every minute of it (Hopefully!) :D

Budgets

Transfer - £51.82 million - £14.72 million remaining

Wage - £1.9 million p/w - Currently spending £1.4 million p/w

Pre-Season Transfers - Not much done,bought in a load of youngsters and the one big money signing is a centre back who is alot better then what we currently have as he is rated at 4*! Those who have left the club don't have the future with the best of the having 1.5* PA so I have no regrets letting them leave.

Expectations - My expectations in italics

Serie A - Win Serie A - No choice but to win Serie A

Champions League - Quarter Finals - Semi Finals

Club World Cup - Reach Final - Winners

Euro Super Cup - Winners - Winners

Italian Cup - Don't care - Win Italian Cup

Italian Super Cup - Board don't care - Win Italian Super Cup

Key Players

Roberto William - GK - Nothing more needs to be said,he is one of the best keepers in the world,was outstanding in both legs of the semi-final in the Champions League.Still has about 6 years left at the highest level but the big two in Spain of Barca and Real Madrid are sniffing around!

Jorge Ledesma - DC - Raided my old club Arsenal dS for him but cost me an arm and a leg but was well worth it as he is rated at 4* CA.He will be slotting straight into the backline,he is really strong and is not afraid of putting in a hard tackle.He is the one foreign signing for the season!

Limbert Torres - MC - He is a brilliant player and based on last season's performance,he is an assist machine.He set a record which I doubt will be broken any time soon.I have nothing more to say about him as people have seen what he can do.Has Arsenal,Tottenham and Man City sniffing around him.

Carlos - MR/AMR - Had a solid first season last season,has proved to be a bargain at £11.25 million.He scored 10 goals and had 12 assists last season after he made a slow start but now he has settled,I am expecting more from him.Loves scoring a spectacular goal or two!

Robbie Cobian - ST - Amazing,just amazing!Last season was his best season for goal scoring since the 2016/17 season which was his last season at Morelia and under my management!Even at 29,he still has what it takes and I expect him to keep going till his mid-thirties.I hope he can hit around the thirty goal mark this season which will more then acceptable.I'm also hoping that he will be able to make 100 + caps with 100+ goals scored at some point as he should be able to do it unless a massive falling out with the U.S.A manager!

Overview

I'm all set for my last season and I want to go out with a bang.My aim is simple,I want to win it all!Only really needed to strengthen the DC area which I have done so I am hoping for a big season all around.Not made many first team signings so gelling shouldn't be an issue,my only issue will be through injuries and suspensions but the youngsters at the club will be more then enough to fill in as I will be leaving a very good team to my replacement!

I have already rejected Barcelona in pre-season but I also turned down the chance to manage Argentina and England after they both had shocking World Cup.Not got an idea where I will end up next but it will not be in Europe and that is all I can guarantee!

Thanks iacovone :D

It's going to be tough this season as Genoa have upped their game, we're currently in 2nd after 16 games with a record of 12-3-1 while Genoa top the table with 13-1-2.However I have won the Euro Super Cup and Italian Super Cup,so it's a case of so far so good! :D

Was surprising,they beat Croatia 1-0 and their other goal came in a 2-1 defeat against Ivory Coast.Three new stars for Canada as well,introducing Roberto William,Jaime Imhof and Steven Imhof,there are a couple of youngsters coming through as well.

Hooray! Canada actually scored goals!...and won a game!!!

Season's Final Transfers - Those who went did not have a future with me or at Roma so sold them for cash and a % of next sale clause which may give Roma a bit of boost in the future.Those who came in were mainly youngsters barring Ledesma who was the only first team player bought in to strengthen the defence.

Competitions

Serie A - League Table - We practically unbeatable all season so the title was well deserved,I am gutted with our one defeat which came at the hands of Napoli!Spare a thought for Genoa though as they amassed so many points,that they would have won the title in any other season but we were slightly better even if they did not give in and the title was decided on the last day of the season.We set records for goals scored and points gained so I was more then happy with the season.

Champions League - Winners - We were drawn in a group with Ajax,Besiktas and Kalmar FF,we lost our first game to Ajax before winning the next five to finish top of the group.In the first knockout round,we were given a difficult tie against Arsenal,to my surprise,they failed to turn up for either game as we went through 5-2 on agg.Next up were the German Champions,Bayern Munich.Two very even games saw us take our chances better as again,we won 5-2 on agg.The semi final saw us up against surprise package,Chelsea.We somehow won 2-1 in the first leg where Chelsea were the more dominate but the 2nd leg saw us dominate and somehow only win 2-1 to give us a 4-2 victory.The final saw the Serie A winners vs Premiership winners......the club I manage vs the club I support...it was Roma vs Man City!I'm not quite sure how I won but I will take it,even if I now have no finger nails left as I bit them off as we managed to limit their top scorer to only one goal (he hit 35 for the season!)This gave us a 2nd successive Champions League win against a very strong City side!

Club World Cup - Winners - This competition was a walk in the park,in the semi finals,we beat Iranian side Sepahan 4-1 to set up a final against my old rivals Boca!In what was a rather one sided game,we won 3-1 without breaking much sweat.On another day we could have had five or six but a win is a win at the end of the day no matter what the score is.

Italian Cup - Winners - We edged past Genoa 2-1 in the first round before destroying udinese 4-1 in the quarter final.In the semi final,we were up against rivals Juventus,we won the first leg 4-1 before massively underperfoming in the 2nd leg where we lost 3-1 which still gave us a 5-4 agg victory.The final against Palermo was a weird one as they sacked their manager a couple of days before the game,we dominated from start to finish so 4-1 was actually flattering them a bit!

Euro Super Cup - Winners - I fielded a weakened team to see how they would fair and much to my surprise,they actually came away as winners.Cobian who scored was one of three who would consider themselves as first team regulars so I am proud with what the youngsters did and it added another trophy to the expanding cabinet.

Italian Super Cup - Winners - Not quite sure with how I nearly managed to mess this one up but at the end of a day a win is a win....even if equalizing late was satisfying as it was against our fierce rivals before making them suffer on penalties.

Players,Stats and Awards

I won Manager of the Year!

Robbie Cobian was the top scorer this season,hitting 43 goals in 53 appearances which was his best return yet and this is from a guy who just turned 30!I have no complaints from him what so ever and he can keep going for another few years!I told him he could become a good manager and he was willing to start straight away!

Limbert Torres topped the assist chart with 38 and also chipped in with 15 goals which was a brilliant season as per usual off him.Won Fans Player of the Year which was no surprise as he really did deserve it.He is one of the best players I have ever had on any FM and is one of the highest natural values I have had with £31 million!

Matteo Murano won Defender of the Year which came as a surprise to me as I didn't think he was the best in my team let alone the league but credit is due as he is regarded as the weak point but punched above his weight so he deserved the award.

Overview

All I can say about this season is that it was the perfect way to finish my spell at Roma by achieving a clean sweep.We were brilliant throughout the whole season and we had to be with Genoa being right there throughout the season and having probably the toughest team I have had to face in the final of the Champions League.

I have done it all with Roma and I will be leaving at the end of the season,I don't have a clue where it will be at the moment but it will be a club in the bottom tier of their respected country so I will keep going until I run out of ideas what to do with this save.I have four continental trophies with just the African Champions League and the O-League to win.So the next job I will go to,hopefully will be on one of those continents.

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  FK Podgrica     3.CFL       Montenegro      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A          273       Promoted Via Playoff
2011/12  FK Podgrica    2nd League   Montenegro      3rd       3rd Rnd        N/A          270       Promoted Via Playoff
2013      Changchun    Super League     China        1st       Winners      Runner-Up     17094         Domestic Treble
2014      Changchun    Super League     China        1st      Runner-Up      Winners      20547          Won Asian CL!
2014/15    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico      17th/7th      N/A          N/A         35685        Met Expectations
2015/16    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico       3rd/2nd      N/A        Quarters      37449      Open + Close Winners
2016/17    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico       1st/1st      N/A         Winners      37220      Won both stages +NACL
2017/18  Arsenal dS   Prem Division   Argentina     3rd/4th      N/A          N/A         10238      Exceeded Expectations
2018/19  Arsenal dS   Prem Division   Argentina     2nd/1st      N/A        Win/Win       13336      Continental Dominance
2019/20    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        4th        Semis         N/A         56539    CL Playoff Qualification
2020/21    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st        Semis       Quarters      59363         League Winners
2021/22    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st       Winners       Winners      60566         Treble Winners
2022/23    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st       Winners       Winners      62692          Clean Sweep!

Spain - 2023 - European Championship Qualifying

Fixtures

2023 Fixtures

Only the three games this year as I forgot to arrange friendlies but overall I am pleased with the performances of the team.The only question I need to ask is how have they not managed to qualify for the World Cup!We now have racked up five of five so we are sitting pretty at the top with a 100% record.The best performance was against Belgium as it was a truly entertaining game which gave the fans goals.I feel confident at qualifying with a 100% record but we still need to play to our best.

European Championship Qualifying Group

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitchhikers%20Guide%20to%20FM/EuropeanChampionshipQualifyingInformation_Stages-1.png[/img]"]EuropeanChampionshipQualifyingInformation_Stages-1.png

As you can see,so far so good!I am hoping we are able to continue like this then qualifying shouldn't be a problem,we won four out of five games very convincingly.The one game we struggled with was against Macedonia where we were barely able to get past them as we only won 2-1 in what was a shocking performance but after that we have been in superb form.

My only problem is normally with people criticising my selection as they feel that players I have been calling up are not good enough for the international team whereas in the press conference I said I would pick players based on form which I have stuck to.I have given eight players their international debut with Spain so I am giveing the players a fair chance.

I wanted to get a job in a African country or New Zealand but as there were none going,I decided to take a job at a small European Club with every intention of one day becoming the dominant force in the country before trying to take on Europe.

The lucky team are Romanian side Aerostar who have just been promoted to Liga ll Group 1.

This team will be entirely built up with my own hands as this is all we have to work with and that includes staff as it's just me and the chairman who is looking to leave!!!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitchhikers%20Guide%20to%20FM/CSAerostarBacuAerostar_Players.png[/img]"]CSAerostarBacuAerostar_Players.png

I have a massive job on my hands during pre-season.First of all is to get some staff in before getting the players in and I will then be looking at finishing above the relegation zone as this will be their first time in Liga ll Group 1 ever so I will want it to be memorable for the fans!

Budgets

Transfer - £28,600 - £0 remaining

Wage - £11,000 p/w -Currently spending £8,641 p/w

Pre-Season Transfers - Those who left had nothing to do with me but looking at them,there were none that would make them team now or in the future.I have managed to bring in many players which has covered the majority of the team but we are still lacking in centre midfield as we only have three at the moment but hopefully the other two centre midfielders I have made an offer for will sign for us!

Expectations

Liga ll Group 1 - Stay clear of relegation - Mid-Table

Romanian Cup - 5th Round - Don't care

Key Players

Ioan Nicula - GK - Bought in during the summer,he immediately became our number one as he is much better then the previous.I will need him to come good this season if we are to stand a chance of surviving relegation.He is good when it comes to aerial ability but his rushing out is not that good.

Ioan Cucu - DC/DL - Best defender in the team,he will be played primarily in the DC position.Another player who is good in the air but can also put a tackle in,I will need him to be a rock in defence as we need a big game player and hopefully it will be him.

Cesar - DM/MC - Good player who will be played in centre midfield.He can also throw a tackle in but most of the play will hopefully come through him.He may be under a bit pressure as he is one of only two centre midfielders so will need to bring in someone to help him out.Will take up one of the foreign slots as we are allowed three players in the first XI.

Hossam Hamadi - ST - My main goal threat,was a bargain who cost me £0.Never really been given a fair chance at any of his previous clubs so we will be the first who have made him a first teamer.Also an international so should be able to knock them in at this level,hopefully he will get around 15 goals this season.

Overview

It has been a really tough season,we had very little to work with originally.I have bought in new staff so the backroom is now full,we have had a takeover so there is a new chairman who invested in nothing and I have had to bring in a whole new team to give us a bit of depth in the team.However,we are still lacking in centre midfield but I am looking at bringing in two more,I feel confident that we are able to survive relegation.I am under a bit of pressure as we lost in the first round Romanian Cup as we were at the basic level with very few players to work with.

I've been at the club less than two months but I've already rejected two offers from Sao Paulo and English side Brighton who are a yo-yo team between the Premiership and Championship.It's nice to feel wanted but I don't want to leave so early so I will be here for a while.

Great great job change BWG - I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread, mainly because you make the kinds of job moves I'd like to make. This will be a big challenge but I like your signings. Cesar will be a beast in CM for you and I reckon Hossam Hamadi will score a LOT of goals in that league. Good luck

It has been an entertaining career so far and hopefully it will continue.This will be a big challenge like you said but hopefully I can make a positive start seeing as I'm insecure after playing one game and that wasn't even a league game!

Cesar does look good but Hamadi might take time to settle seeing as he didn't really have that much game time during pre-season.

Spain - 2023 - European Championship Qualifying

Fixtures

2023 Fixtures

In the games that mattered,we won and that is all that I care about as we qualified for the Euro Championships with a 100% record.The Germany and Saudi Arabia games were more experiments with the team and needless to say I won't be doing any further experiments,I will be sticking to using a 4-2-4 system which I have been doing at every team I've managed.

European Championship Qualifying Group

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitchhikers%20Guide%20to%20FM/EuropeanChampionshipQualifyingInformation_Stages-2.png[/img]"]EuropeanChampionshipQualifyingInformation_Stages-2.png

We made easy work except for when it came down to playing Macedonia as we struggled both times to beat them but at the end of the day,a win is a win and that is all that counts in regards of getting three points.I was halef expecting Belgium to get 2nd place but Poland nicked it on the last game as we faced Belgium and won 3-1.Just us and Poland went through to the main competition as Belgium lost to Austria in the playoff!

To be fair they have literally sucked in comparison to real life.They won Euro 2012 then it went downhill!!They failed to qualify for World Cup 2014,Quarter Finals in Euro 2016,failed to qualify for World Cup 2018,semi-finals of Euro 2020,failed to qualify for World Cup 2022 so it is a case of mix and match!

In club related news,our new chairman has decided to dip his hand into his wallet

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitchhikers%20Guide%20to%20FM/CashInjection.png[/img]"]CashInjection.png

With the cash injection,he also did this to help!!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx349/will2909/Hitchhikers%20Guide%20to%20FM/Increasedtransferfunds.png[/img]"]Increasedtransferfunds.png

I am just into December,we are vastly overachieving as we sit are sitting in first with a record of 7-6-0 from 13 games,so the money will be handy in strengthening midfield and defence as we have looked shaky and most of the draws were down to conceding late goals!I am suddenly feeling much more confident about this season!

A quick look at the Euro 2024 groups..

Group A - Spain,England,Poland and Scotland

Group B - Turkey,Russia,Iceland and Albania

Group C - Germany,Sweden,Denmark and Austria

Group D - Croatia,France,Holland and Serbia

Group E - Italy,Romania,Slovakia and Switzerland

Group F - Bulgaria,Czech Rep,Ukraine and Portugal

I feel I have a good group which I stand a very good chance of qualifying from.We played Poland in the qualifiers so I know what to expect from them and I drew with England last year and they have not changed much.Scotland are the other team and I feel they are weaker then the others so I will be looking to beat them.If I had my way though,I would be in group B with Iceland and Albania but even so,I managed to miss out on the group of death which is Group D!

Final Transfers - Just took a screenshot of the transfers after the investment off the chairman.We were okay but these signings pushed us to the next level.There will be many free tranfers soon as most signed were to one year contracts!From a very thin squad,we now have too many players for my liking so all those not up to the level will find themselves leaving on a free seeing as my chairman likes to invest so he should be able to afford it!

Competitions

Liga II Group 1 - League Table - Wow that was a close call!We should have done much better then what we actually did as we let in far too many late goals when we were in winning positions.After a massive spending spree in the transfer window,we were a much better outfit and managed to play better and not throw away any leads.We secured promotion with one game to spare before securing the title in the last game to turnaround a horrible start to the season into a much more satisfying one which also saw me listed on the clubs's favoured personnel!

Romanian Cup - 1st Round - Was not the best start to my managerial career,not only did we concede a late goal but to a non-league side as well.This match came before I could get any better players in so it was too soon.Now let us never speak of this dark moment again!

Players,Stats and Awards

I won Manager of the Year for Liga II Group 1!

Andrei Oprea was top scorer hitting a very impressive 15 goals in 24 apps!He was a free transfer during the pre-season and never looked out of place even when bringing in players after investment was made.I am hoping he is able to be at least a back up in top flight as I have managed to secure two very good players for up front!

Omar Fernandez provided the most assists in the team with seven.The most remarkable thing was that he chipped in with four goals as well in fifteen appearances.He was a transfer window signing for £85k and that has proved to be a bargain for the club.He looks like he can do it at the next level so will have faith in him unless a better player is available.

Overview

Wow what an exciting end to the season!!Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought about promotion let alone winning the title as well.The investment we received helped massively and I managed to spend it wisely which helped us be more comfortable in games and push us up the table,we got promoted in the penultimate game and clinched the title in the last game to cap of a season which saw us go from no hoper to title winners!

I have had many teams offer me jobs but I have no interest in leaving unless the chairman wants rid of me.However,when it came to negotiating my contract,he would not budge from a one year contract when I wanted longer.I feel if I don't meet expectations in the new season then I may find myself out of a job!

Season     Club         Division       Country      League       Cup       Continental    Avg.Att            Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11  FK Podgrica     3.CFL       Montenegro      1st       2nd Rnd        N/A          273       Promoted Via Playoff
2011/12  FK Podgrica    2nd League   Montenegro      3rd       3rd Rnd        N/A          270       Promoted Via Playoff
2013      Changchun    Super League     China        1st       Winners      Runner-Up     17094         Domestic Treble
2014      Changchun    Super League     China        1st      Runner-Up      Winners      20547          Won Asian CL!
2014/15    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico      17th/7th      N/A          N/A         35685        Met Expectations
2015/16    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico       3rd/2nd      N/A        Quarters      37449      Open + Close Winners
2016/17    Morelia     1st Division    Mexico       1st/1st      N/A         Winners      37220      Won both stages +NACL
2017/18  Arsenal dS   Prem Division   Argentina     3rd/4th      N/A          N/A         10238      Exceeded Expectations
2018/19  Arsenal dS   Prem Division   Argentina     2nd/1st      N/A        Win/Win       13336      Continental Dominance
2019/20    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        4th        Semis         N/A         56539    CL Playoff Qualification
2020/21    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st        Semis       Quarters      59363         League Winners
2021/22    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st       Winners       Winners      60566         Treble Winners
2022/23    AS Roma       Serie A        Italy        1st       Winners       Winners      62692          Clean Sweep!
2023/24    Aerostar   Liga II Grp 1    Romania       1st       1st Rnd        N/A          113        Promoted with title!

spainlogo.jpg

Spain -European Championship - 2024

Squad

Goalkeepers - David De Gea (At. Madrid),Miguel Angel Nicolas (Juventus),Alejandro Plaza (R.Madrid)

Defenders - Francisco Javier (Sampdoria),Jose (Chelsea),Marc Muniesa (Arsenal),Carles Planas (AS Monaco),Aitor Punal (OM),Guillem Ramirez (At. Madrid),Victor (Chelsea),Iker Zamora (Malaga)

Midfield - Oscar Armendariz (Genoa),Sergio Canales (R.Madrid),Denis (Galatasaray),Roberto Esnaola (Inter),Julen (Inter),Keko (Palermo),Kevin (Arsenal),Suso (Napoli)

Forwards - Paco Alcacer (Chelsea),Aitor Burguena (Sevilla),Juan Manuel Cisneros (Roma),Iker Muniain (Villarreal)

Group Stage

Game 1 - vs Scotland - W 5-1 - Was a relatively easy game with Scotland causing little trouble.Cisneros was looking sharp in the game but not all games will be this easy!

Game 2 - vs England - W 3-1 - We had to be at our clinical best to comeback from a goal behind.Again Cisneros hit a double which doubled his tally to four for the competition.My wildcard Zamora scored his first goal for Spain as we proved you don't have to have the better of the game to win!

Game 3 - vs Poland - W 3-0 - How we only scored three with so many on target is the major question.We edged the game but 3-0 was a bit harsh on Poland but at the end of the day a win is a win.Cisneros with another double,he now needs three more goals to break the record for top scorer!

Group A                                             Group B                 
1st Spain         3  3  0  0  11 2   9                  1st Turkey       3  2  1  0  10 2   7
2nd England       3  1  1  1  6  3   4                  2nd Russia       3  2  1  0  9  1   7
3rd Poland        3  0  2  1  0  3   2                  3rd Iceland      3  1  0  2  3  8   3
4th Scotland      3  0  1  2  1  10  0                  4th Albania      3  0  0  3  1  12  0

Group C                                             Group D
                 P  W  D  L  F  A  PTS                                  P  W  D  L  F  A  Pts
1st Denmark       3  2  1  0  7  5   7                  1st France       3  2  1  0  7  2   7
2nd Germany       3  1  1  1  6  4   4                  2nd Serbia       3  2  0  1  3  4   6
3rd Austria       3  1  1  1  5  6   4                  3rd Holland      3  1  1  1  5  4   4
4th Sweden        3  0  1  2  3  6   1                  4th Croatia      3  0  0  3  4  9   0

Group E                                             Group F
1st Slovakia      3  1  2  0  3  1   5                  1st Czech Rep    3  3  0  0  7  0   9
2nd Italy         3  1  2  0  2  1   5                  2nd Portugal     3  1  1  1  2  3   4
3rd Romania       3  1  1  1  2  3   4                  3rd Ukraine      3  1  0  2  3  7   3
4th Switzerland   3  0  1  2  1  3   1                  4th Bulgaria     3  0  1  2  2  4   1

2nd Round

Russia vs Spain -W 5-2 - A very entertaining game between the two sides but at the end of the game,we proved that we are the more incisive.We were all square at half time before we showed how we could finish whereas Russia couldn't manage to!Cisneros hit two more to bring his tally to 8 for the tournament.

Other Matches

Slovakia 3-0 Portugal

Turkey 2-0 Austria

Czech Rep 3-0 Holland

Italy 3-4 England

Denmark 1-2 Romania

Ukraine 2-1 France

Germany (p)0-0 Serbia

Quarter-Final

Slovakia vs Spain - W 2-0 - There was a sigh of relief when this game was over,Slovakia edged us on shots but we had the better finishing which gave us the victory.Slovakia still seem to suffer problems when it comes to finishing which was the same problem I had when I was in charge of them.

Other Matches

Czech Rep 2-1 Turkey

Germany 1-0 Ukraine

Romania 0-2 England

Semi-Final

Spain vs Germany - W 2-1 - We struggled with this game but came away with victory even if it was only just a win.We took the lead through Cisneros scoring his 9th goal of the tournament.Germany powered their way back into the game and equalized in the 29th minute.They were reduced to ten men in the 62nd minute and we managed to capitalise on the advantage and score the winner through Canales in the 72nd minute.

Other Match

Czech Rep 2-1 England

Final

Spain Vs Czech Republic - W 5-2 (After Extra Time) - Wow,what a game of football,to hand it to the Czech Republic,they matched us blow for blow.This match was a perfect game for the neutrals due to it's entertainment value alone.We took a 2-1 lead into half time only for Czech Republic to equalize,then neither side could get a winner in normal time.Extra time saw us at our clinical best as we scored three without reply to take home the European Championship!

Budgets

Transfer - £5.33 Million - £3.68 million remaining

Wage - £140,000 p/w -Currently spending £35,625 p/w

Pre-Season Transfers - I let loads of players go like I said as they had no future at the club and my chairman didn't mind me releasing them on a free.Those who have come in are mainly attacking options as there is a lack of quality in terms of defence.I am hoping to get a few more signings in which include a new keeper and some more defenders but my main aim this season is to outscore the opposition and work from there!

Expectations (My expectations in italics)

First League - Stay clear of relegation - Around the mid-table area

Romanian Cup - 7th Round - 7th Round

Key Players

Flavius Nicolae - DL - Best defender in the team,new summer signing and is a U21 international for Romania who has 4.5* PA.He will be first choice and I am hoping that first team football will help is development as I reckon from first impressions,that he may become a full international,his mental stats are lacking but that should come with age.

Paulo - DM/MC - His agent offered him out and he actually rejected Twente and Club Brugge to sign for us as he wanted to work with me.Quite surprised he has not had any international appearances what so ever.Quite a bargain at £220k,he will be the more defensive of my two centre midfielders as he is natural in both positions,hoping he will come big this season!

Fan Jun - MR/AMR - A full international for £250k and a Chinese one at that.He was on the transfer list but he is rated at 4.5* CA and is clearly one of the best players in the team,he still has a few years till his peak but at the current level of the First League,he can probably keep going for around eight years.Will be hard to keep at the club as a higher team will probably come in for him if he performs.

Cosmin Vintila - ST - He will walk straight into the first team and looks to be a bargain at £250k,an u21 international who scored 45 times in 48 appearances for his old club so hopefully he will be able to continue with that sort of strike rate.Rejected Steaua,Dinamo Bucharest and Rapid Bucharest to join us.

Andrei Rus - ST - A regular u19 international who plays the support striker out of my two strikers.Scored 15 times in 42 appearances including at the highest level in Romania so he know where the net is.If he can keep up his impressive form,then it will only be a matter of time before he is capped at u21 level.

Overview

The good news from pre-season is that the chairman is continuing to invest and are upgrading the facilities as well as giving me large sums of money to play with.The bad news is that while I have managed to strengthen the midfield and forward areas,the defence and goalkeeping positions are still the weak point of the team,there will be a lot of entertainment while watching this team this season unless I can bring in some players.The worst bit of news for me is that we open our league campaign against the tycoon backed,league champions,Maramures U BM!I could have not asked for a worse opening fixture but at least it will be out of the way.

I am feeling confident of my chances of survival this season even if I do leave a few hearts in their mouths with the way I play.I am with my transfer dealings so far but looking at the other teams,we could be in for hell of a season as after Maramures,Timisoara and U Craiova,it is pretty close so even 4th place may be achievable but that may be me being a bit too optimistic.I want a better run in the cup this season after last years disaster but I am feeling much more confident with the players I have at my disposal.Let's get ready to rumble!!!

He seems to be the best I have had at any club and that includes Roma! I've played 7 games so far and it seems to be going smoothly, we have won 3 (including a 7-0 victory over Dinamo Bucharest!).drawn 3 and lost 1 so I am looking comfortable so far.My problem will be overtaking Maramures U BM as even when playing badly,they seem to win which is annoying as they are the only unbeaten team in the league.

Thanks,there is a foreign limit of five players in the first XI.....I also go for the nationality so Romanian in this case to try and help build the respective national teams (I have 85% for domestic player bias :D)

China have produced some fantastic players even if they don't play right at the top and I am glad to have got him for a knock down price.

Thanks,I will try my best :D

Just read the past few seasons. Quite funny, you take a massive step back to find a challenge, then a chairman comes up with loads of money! :D I imagine your manager reputation helps to attract investment and players above the club's level, just try to picture what would happen in real life if Mourinho would move to a **** club just for the fun of it.

I also don't think there's been any manager in history that shared a job between one of the worlds biggest international sides, and a rubbish lower league side in a rubbish country. :D

Cerud - I try to fit in with the league requirements but I might need to look abroad for defensive positions as there is definitely a lack of talent coming through although Romania do seem to have good attackers in both midfield and up front coming through!

noikeee - Just my luck really and what makes it worse is that he is only a 'local businessman' but he has a backing which must be comparable to a tycoon :D My reputation has really helped as I was the main reason they joined a club.I can see him now....eye gouging the opposition in front of less people and less TV audience as well :D

I once managed Holland and Bridgend in Gundo's Challenge but only took over Holland once I won the Champions League....that's if you can count FM :p

Archived