Fiora2 tactic, instant success!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damoc14:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heathxxx:

Here's my last 16 results using Fiora2

Results with Hyde United - BSN 2007/2008 Season

As you will see, there's a few high scoring results there. in fact, with this tactic tweeked to suit your players slightly, I barely notice the 1-0n-1 bug often enough that it tarnishes the gaming experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what score did you lose to barrow? happy with the 5-1 win over the wookie, well done mate.

are you cheating because first season and you have magnus eikram. why would he go to hyde when he starts at man united? who else have you got? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those in the LLM threads might say I cheated, but it's a matter of opinion. I did'nt use the editor though.

Quite simply, when I started the game, I asked the board of a parent club. They came back with Blackpool, Bury and Man Utd. No prized for guessing who I chose. icon_wink.gif

I quickly found out that there's no limit to loanees in the BSN or BSS, so I approached to loan, every player in United's reserves and youth team, that was'nt likely to feature in the first team.

With FM08, it's very easy to get a great afilliate deal with a big club and loan lots of their top quality youngsters, although it does make the game a little unrealistic. After all, what's the odds of virtually half the reserve squads of Premiership teams, going out on loan to a non-league afilliate?

Perhaps you could call it exploiting a flaw in the game to my benefit. icon14.gif

As for the results from the rest of my season, I won the Setanta Shield, FA Trophy, got the the 4th round of the FA cup with a narrow defeat at Tottenham, I won every league game bar one... yup, you guessed it - a 1-0 defeat away to Barrow icon_biggrin.gif

It was one of those games that no matter how good you think your team is damoc14, just does'nt pan out how you thought it would.

Hammering away, Barrow keeper playing a blinder, 30-odd shots with half on target, Barrow have two shots and score in injury time.

Many would moan about the match engine with this sort of result. It's not something that happens often to me and it was quite novel getting beaten. These things happen in football eh!!

I've a thread in GQ "Greatest Afilliate Deals" somewhere and some posts in a thread in this forum, "Conference & Below", that explains a bit more of this Hyde United save. Unfortunately, this save is now lost because I accidentaly went over it with another. Most frustrating as I was really enjoying the save. icon_frown.gif

Hey all, first of all have to say thanks for posting this tactic, its great.

I started using this tactic in first season for Wigan. Unfortunatly it was too late to save me from relegation but have started well this season. Now have tweaked it a little bit and have beefed up the defence and get more goals now.

Looking good so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've had some success using this tactic for five seasons with Atletico Madrid. Starting in the second season, we have finished 2nd, 1st, 8th, 1st and 1st. I'm not entirely sure what happened in the season where we finished 8th, but we actually won the Champions League in that season.

During this time I have also used the formation successfully with England and Peru. With Peru I tweaked it slightly, bringing the striker with the B-arrow back to centre midfield with a F-arrow.

I've recently taken over Newcastle, but am struggling so far, aside from a 9-1 win at Ipswich in the League Cup.

One major success has been scoring from set pieces. Corners banged in to the near post and flicked on have brought lots of goals, in particular from Pichu Atienza (the right central defender) at Atletico who scored 15 of them last season.

The game was started without the patch, but I do currently have it installed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hi, I've had some success using this tactic for five seasons with Atletico Madrid. Starting in the second season, we have finished 2nd, 1st, 8th, 1st and 1st. I'm not entirely sure what happened in the season where we finished 8th, but we actually won the Champions League in that season.

During this time I have also used the formation successfully with England and Peru. With Peru I tweaked it slightly, bringing the striker with the B-arrow back to centre midfield with a F-arrow.

I've recently taken over Newcastle, but am struggling so far, aside from a 9-1 win at Ipswich in the League Cup.

One major success has been scoring from set pieces. Corners banged in to the near post and flicked on have brought lots of goals, in particular from Pichu Atienza (the right central defender) at Atletico who scored 15 of them last season.

The game was started without the patch, but I do currently have it installed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

with patch 8.02?

I'm in my second season with leeds in the championship and my 4-4-2 was starting to become too inconsistent and this tactic was the new one i decided to implement, worked perfect from the start, always outscoring teams away and dominating at home. Now in my third season started the pre season friendlies including tour of greece and whilst im not overly bothered about results i've not kept a clean sheet in 8 games (including a 6-3 defeat at home to deportivo).

Any suggestion on what tweaks to use in order to tighten up defence?

Archived