Fiora2 tactic, instant success!

I have tried this with my Wolves team, but then I have tried a lot of different tactics (keep restarting the game so I get consistency from the beginning). But it is not working (along with all the others).

I get the feeling something is wrong somewhere, because I am losing virtually every game (even if I play a basic 442)...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managing Barnet in League 2.

So far after 4 games:

Home Vs Rochdale.... 1-0 W with 52% poss.

Away Vs Hereford.... 1-1 D with 48% poss.

Home Vs Brentford... 1-1 D with 49% poss.

Away Vs Wrexham..... 2-0 W with 50% poss.

So no losses and 8 points from a possible 12.

this tactic wroks! (rocks!)

using it with my man utd side and i've gone on a winning run of 18 matches and 20 unbeaten

Team is

GK Van der Sar

DL: Evra

DR: Brown

DC: ferdinand

DC: Vidic

MR: Ronaldo

ML: Giggs

MC (attack): Van Der Vaart

MC(defend): Carrick

FC: Villa

FC Rooney

Seems to work well for me on fm2008. Playing as Notts Forest...had an absolute nightmare was getting a feel for the game. Restarted and dropped this tactic it in from the start. Friendlies were a couple of losses, couple of wins, then went on to a 6 match straight winning streak. I don't even really have the ideal players in each position...I'm going to tweak things a little tonight and see what happens

Guest sanjeev

Starting my second season with pool and it was charity shield and i couldnt not win against arsenal with 4 of my own tactics (lost all 4 matches by 1 goal)

then i tried this from the save and well..

>

well i must agree, i was struggling slighty with swansea in my first season, my record was,

played 14

won 4

drew 4

lost 6

then after i employed this tactic,

played 13

won 10

drew 2

lost 1

i have made a few alterations, like stopping the more defensive center mid go forward as much by having forward runs on rarely, and i also put the midfields and attacks creative freedom on normal.working wounders so far. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Passer-by:

Hi, new here and to FM. Anyone have any recommendations on tweaking when one of your player is sent off using this tactic? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

always try to get 4-4-1, and just stay solid and play on the counter, get your defence to play deeper, and stop your full backs running onwards

Great tactic, I was pretty frustrated after playing as Manchester United because I was barely winning friendlies. I tried this tactic and have won 10 of 11 in all competitions to start the season! My only loss was 1-0 at Anfield, but I outplayed them for most of the match.

My only criticism is that I find the defenders can suffer some pretty catastrophic breakdowns where it's two or three attacking players versus one lone centre back. I have a great record, but I'm worried that I won't always be able to outscore the opposition if I give up too many chances. Has anyone else experienced problems on the back end and have you made any tweaks to it?

Hi everyone. New guy here.I wonder if Serie A is to easy or what. Won the league with the underrated Lazio with 6 games remaining. Went on holiday till the last day after that since i lost first leg of italian cup semifinal to milan 0-2 but when i came back, found out that i won the italian cup still and all 6 of the remaining league matches. Unfortunately was knocked out of the group stage of CL and still didnt go far with Euro cup with my key players ineligible for it. So far best tactic for me.

highlight: Van der vaart 18 goals in mc(farrow) and lottita selling my behrami icon_mad.gif but his successor, silvestri, is a wonderkid icon_biggrin.gif

Right this is the first tactic ive ever downloaded as im too arrogant to think that anyone else can do better than me! And that I dont want help.

But I have got this now, I did tweak it a little, changing some of the sliders only a small amount. It works, it works better than ANY tactic I have ever used on CM/FM in the last 8 years...10 years ago the 4-3-1-2 was king, but this tactic is amazing.

Well played man icon_smile.gif - I have changed it a little to keep my pride lol but still, credit is due!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blueglobefootball123:

Well, playing as Birmingham City, I lost first 6 games.

Using this tactic and nhave now drawn two games, both away and both unlucky not to win icon14.gif

* I've still not taken the lead in any competitiven game with BCFC so far though icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

chriswright1 I gotta say excellant tactic buddy icon14.gif

I normally prefer to delvelop my own tactic, but was really struggling in FM08,

Hhowever since using your tactic with my Birmingham City team in the first season, my record was as follows (does not include first 6 games which I lost using my own tactic lol, as per post above);

Played 32

Won 14

Drew 8

Lost 10

Ended up finishing 12th, beating Arsenal along the way and unfortunate to lose to ManU at Old Trafford 3-2 (took the lead twice, and conceeded the third in 88th minute).

Good work icon14.gif

After an annoying bug that got me fired from my Portugal side Estoril (I apparently didn't meet the 2 year goals, even though in reality, I vastly exceeded them), I got signed on by Bournemouth and so far in my first season with them I am 17-3-4 and a nice +28 , and this is with almost the entire original roster they had, i got a few loans but no real difference makers.

First of all i want to say thank you chriswright1, thank you so much!

Finally there is a tactic that really keeps the team stabile and fun to watch them play.

Won the League with 6 games still to play, also won the ch league, beating arsenal 5-1 in the final.

I use this tactic with the 8.0.1 patch, i didn't change anything with the tactic.

Again, thank you.

Now it's fun to play football manager again icon_smile.gif

great tactic but has anyone else noticed that the wingers and strikers do not attempt many passes at all? averaging between 5-15 a game.

anyone got any advice which could help me improve this? i.e for the wingers to be providing more assists and for the strikers to be more involved and keeping posession up top.

i'm still winning with this tactic and appreciate it but i think with the right tweaks i could get my team playing much better collectively.

Playign as 1860 munich this tactic worked ok in the 2nd div, not too many goals though, without my freekick maestro I'd have struggled a bit.

After promotion I can't buy a win, letting in loads scored 5 in the first 15 games......back to the drawing board.

I'm using this as Swindon.

First two league games I've lost 3-1 and 4-1, going 3-0 down in both games. I also lost 1-0 to WBA in the cup, although I tweaked the tactics to be ultra defensive...

I lost to Partizan, Anderlecht and Everton in pre-season...so in other words, I'm yet to win a game with this tactic. I'm using the beta patch.

I really like the look of this tactic as I tend to play with wingers, I'm intrigued at the success others have had yet I'm struggling already - any tips?

Ive had good success with this tactic. Im using Beta 8.0.1.

I was Man Citeh for my first season on FM08. Started very slow when using my own 442 formation and 10 games in I was around 15th place. I adopted this formation and immediately I shot up the league, finishing a respectful 4th and getting in the CL.

After gaining a bit of knowledge in the game I started afresh with my beloved Saints, again using this tactic.

Ive started very well, and scoring for fun including a 7-0 away win against Wycombe in the cup. Im currently 5th in the league after one of those 'Cant score in a brothel games' to lose 1-0 to charlton, and I just lost away to Wolves after having my right back sent off after 23mins.

This gets my thumbs up for now icon_biggrin.gif

Hi chriswright! 1st off would just like to say congrats on your tactic its the best one ive ever downloaded and theres been a few lol! Was having great success till i downloaded the beta patch so was just wondering if you could maybe upload your tactic again with any changes you may have made with the new patch! If you have the time of course lol!

Anyway thanx again for the tactic mate!

Archived