AJ`s Twintown Tactic set

AJ`s TwinTown Tactic

tacticshape-1.png

This tactic is set to utilise a few idea`s that should bring your side a greater chance of success these are:

Possession.

Patient build up play.

Players who support each other in defence and attack.

Width as an attacking tool.

Defensive Solidity.

----------------------------

Here are the results of the first 5 league games this season.

Bolton 0 - 2 Swansea

possesion1.png

Swansea 2 - 0 Nottingham Forest

SwanseavNottmForestStats_MatchStats.png

Swansea 1 - 1 Chelsea

SwanseavChelseaStats_MatchStats.png

Stoke 1 - 2 Swansea

StokevSwanseaStats_MatchStats.png

Swansea 2 - 0 Manchester United

SwanseavManUtdStats_MatchStats.png

Average possession over those five games 60.6%

Player Support and using width as an attacking tool.

Below you can see how effective having players supporting each other and not becoming isolated with the ball my fullback has advanced and has found his path blocked by an opponent although with the LCM in close support he has a easy passing option and makes a run to the byline to receive the ball back in space.

This one movement makes sure that the attack does not fizzle out and the isolated fullback does not end up hoofing the ball into the box on a hit and hope mission.

mechwideplay2.png

The below link is where this idea came from and for a greater explanation

http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?t=74007

Another example of close support

closesupport.png

I have noticed with other successful tactics I have plundered for ideas that using a wide setting for width and then instructing the team to play it down the middle is quite effective , so in my twisted logic I decided to use a formation that has natural width to begin with , to play it down the flanks but use a narrow width setting on the team instructions so we use as much space on the field but also remain a tight unit when attacking.

Effective use of passing triangles.

The first screenshot shows us attacking down the left flank using triangular passing to bypass defenders or create space for ourselves and to continue the move towards the opponents goal.

triangle1.png

Second spoiler shows the same attacking move but now we are closer to the goal

triangle2.png

Defensive Solidity

defensivecurtainandcounterattkb.png

You can see that an opposition attacker is in space but he is offside and not a threat, we have narrowed down the passing options available to the opponent with the ball and neutered any attacking threat available, but at the same time kept our three most attacking players in suitable positions for a quick counter attack for when we regain possession.

What I want from my players

GK is set to defender collect I want to keep the ball so why lump it up field?

LB and RB are set to the same mentality as the Wingers as I want them to be close together and offering a outlet to each other in regards to passing options, these guys have passing set to around the last notch of short as I dont want them attempting long balls into the box you should see these lads making at least 50+ passes a game

leftbackpassing-1.png

rbpassing.png

Centre backs once again both set identical nothing special really although I have given them middle of the road CF so they can make make a play if they see something on.

CM, this guy acts like a defensive midfielder I have kept his instructions to a minimum as I just want him sitting infront of the back four offering a clean up service to any balls that make it his way with simple short passing to the more attack minded players on the pitch , if you look at the screen shot below you will see his passing is mainly sideways or backwards as he keeps things simple and acts as platform for us to shift from defence into attack.

CM.png

LCM, CM and RCM Have been set to a "staggered" mentality this seems to cause defences huge problems, it pull opponents out of position to mark our players which just see`s us simply bypass them with our short sharp triangle passing strategy :naughty:

LCM I usually set as playmaker in the drop down menu but don`t actually tick the box , I want him to stay a little deeper than the RCM but with quite alot of Creative freedom and the ability to roam he can choose to hold his postion or move forward when needed, this guy has the greatest passing (10clicks)setting as I want him to pick and choose between long and short passing options.

RCM A player with good creativity and passing and likes to get stuck in with tackles and score the odd goal too.

AML/R Long shots and crossing are set to rarely, as possession is the name of the game here, I like these guys to interplay with the FB`s, wide midfielders to create short sharp passing movements like described in the above screenshots.

STR this guy likes to drop deep and run at the defence ALOT so , a striker with a lot of pace and dribbling comes in handy here he is allowed to roam and you will see him popping up all over the place.

avgpos.png

Although he is not used as the main focus of our attacks he still managed to top the League charts last season with 28 goals in 33 games

Set Pieces

Just set to mixed with throw-ins on short, not my strong point really (not that I have many to begin with) although my defensive corner routine seems pretty effective starting quick counter attacks with the cleared balls.

corners-1.png

I leave three people forward which usually means the attacking team has to leave more back to defend.

Terry Tibbs Tactic Tips Section

If you are having grief off the opposing teams fullbacks , set the AML/R to man mark the corresponding fullbacks tightly and increase the closing down on them to 20.

One tactic that this is effective against in my save at the minute is Chelsea`s and Liverpools 4-2-4 (with four strikers) by making this small adjustment it stops your back four being overloaded by attackers.

If you do have a tough match sometimes I employ three players who are comfortable as DM/MC`s in the middle of the park and just watch them demolish any opposing players who dare bring the ball near them, only downside is your attacking threat is diminished aswell playing 3 defensively minded players in the middle.

Keep an eye on the health and fitness of the opposing team players if you see anyone` going down to the 70% ish mark go into the OI`s and set tackling to hard in the hope you injure him and force the player off, other than that I leave team talks match prep etc to the assistant manager and dont really touch OI`s at all.

Pitch Size so far this season I have decided to use the largest available at home but in all honesty cant see the slightest difference.

I have included a Home and Away version , the away version is basically 2 clicks less on Mentality, Defensive line and that is it if I remember rightly.

if you want to see out games, change the Time wasting to max and tempo to minimum change corners and free kicks to short on the away tactic and save it as Shut up shop use it from the 80th minute or so but I find the two tactics I have uploaded here do the job as it is .

Tactic can be downloaded from below

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=75022

or from

Home Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mrvdf8yfr6fwdbc/Swancelona%20Home%20V4%20%28Swansea%2C%20Aug%202027%29.tac

Away Tactic

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uuw6wrd59wy7tyj/Swancelona%20Away%20V4%20%28Swansea%2C%20Aug%202027%29.tac

hi andrjam when you go down to ten mens what changes you do?and when the opposite team go on 4-2-4 you retrain the 3 midfielders on dm position?

can you put it up on filefront? please

do you play wrong foot for the wingers, or left foot on the left?!

I played about 10 games. You are right, it is not leaking too many goals, but the attack force has hardly any goal on target....

I played about 10 games. You are right, it is not leaking too many goals, but the attack force has hardly any goal on target....

I am having the opposite. With Wolves sitting 15th after 9 games scored 14 but conceded 22 ! I am always looking vulnerable and if there is no improvement soon will have to stop using.

Yes mate I was there at wembly what a day 8 years ago we were one game away from going out the football league and unable to pay the electricity bill and the club likely to go out of buiesness 8 years later we are a premier league side

Yes mate I was there at wembly what a day 8 years ago we were one game away from going out the football league and unable to pay the electricity bill and the club likely to go out of buiesness 8 years later we are a premier league side

It was great to see so many ADO Den Haag fans there supporting us too.

I almost had a heart attack when they hit the post.

This tactic's ideas looked good, and OP too but not much feedback, i'll give some when i'll have time to test it but i'll also keep an eye in this thread too, just wondering no1 gave it a serious try? Anyway andrjam thanks for the tactic.I usually manage midle teams and i always look for a tactic that the ME would't adapt to.

At.the moment only internet access I have is through my phone so I can't upload the tactic other than where i posted originally on the dugout I'm away on holiday for a few days yet .

At.the moment only internet access I have is through my phone so I can't upload the tactic other than where i posted originally on the dugout I'm away on holiday for a few days yet .
Np's, hopefully someone else who's already got the tactics will upload for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived