[FM11] Hitchhiker’s guide to FM 11

B.W.G

SG20Dynamo20Dresden.gif

Dynamo Dreseden - German Second Division - Pre-Season - 2014/15

Budgets

Transfer - £271k - £0 left

Wage - £84kp/w - Currently spending £104k p/w

Expectations(My expectations in itallics)

Second Division - Fight bravely against Relegation - Avoid Relegation

German Cup - Learn from Partcipating - Round 2

Transfers - Let players go to free up some wages as they were on big wages even though they were not particularly good.I bought in what I could but had to annoy my board to increase the budgets,so I will need my signings to play to their fullest otherwise I could be out of my job if I underachieve especially as I am wage over the wage budget with the signings.

Key Players

Florian Fromlowitz - GK - 4.5*/4.5* - Undisputed number 1 at the club and is rated as the best player as well.The fact that he is at Dresden surprises me as he is of a very high standard.I am hoping I will be able to keep him as he is a key player at the club and would like for him to be with us till at least I leave.He is only 27 as well and keepers are able to keep going longer then outfield players.

Florian Jungwirth - DC/DR,DM,MC - 3*/3* - Last seasons unsung hero.He is very versatile and can play in different positions which is helpful if I need to cover any areas through injuries or suspensions.He will be a first choice centre back as he is the strongest player in that position but I will move him to other positions if need be.

Tim Borowski - MC/AMC - 3.5*/3.5* Ex-German international and quite a coup even if he is 34!He has the technical and mental stats to make up for lack of physical,he should be able to open up defences with his passing which is what I am looking for even though he has high finishing and long shot so maybe we will see some wonder goals!

Harry Kane - AMC/ST - 3*/4* - He is our wildcard for this season,the fact Tottenham let him go on a free and the fact he asked for little wages was a bonus for us.He will be used up front as the ST was our weakest position for strength in depth so he will be a big help as he will be first choice pick.With haviing a better attack he should be able to have opportunities to score and I don't feel he is out of his depth playing in the German Second Division.

Marco Terrazzino - ST - 3*/3* - Was our only money signing during pre-season.He actually scored against us in the promotion/relegation playoff.Even though his team were relegated,he was the third highest scored in the second division as he hit 17 goals.We do have much better wing support so I do feel he could potentially get around the same mark.

Overview

After annoying the board,they gave in and increased both the wage and transfer budget.I just hope that my gamble works and I am able to survive otherwise my head will most definetely be on the block.We should be able to survive as there are four teams who are weaker then us which I have identified during the pre-season.

I do generally feel that we can come somewhere around mid table even though it could be a long hard slog but we will see how my strengthening has faired and hope the new signings can make an immediate impact.Quite shocked with getting Harry Kane on the cheap especially has Spurs never actually played him so he will be first choice straight away which should help him develop.

SG20Dynamo20Dresden.gif

Dynamo Dreseden - Mid-Season - 2014/15

Mid Season Transfers - Just the one to add for the out column as he was constantly moaning about not playing so I shipped him out seeing as I really don't have the wages to pay for players to sit around and moan.

Competitions

Second Division - Table - Its been a weird season to say the least.Started off really well then had a run of 1 win in 7 before getting a better run together.Needless to say I am massively overachieving but I feel we should be higher up then what we are as we have dropped stupid points.

German Cup - 2nd Round - Knocked out by Hannover

Overview

I am struggling to love this club what so ever.The club is leaking money left,right and centre due to stupid contracts given out by the previous manager so making loss after loss each month.This is also not helped by having two loans,one is £106k p/m (ends in 2016) and the other is £44k p/m (ends in 2028) which is also giveing me a headache.

The chairman like accepting bids for players,he has accepted bids for Elivelton (twice!),Derk Boerrigter and Harry Kane but thankfully they all rejected the offers of other clubs so thats now two clubs and two chairman who like interfering.

I have not got a clue to what I will do at the end of the season.I have been linked to some very nice looking jobs,the main one which appeals to me is being favourite for the Boca Juniors job.The club is leaking too much money at the moment and it is only a matter of time before I lose my best players as they won't keep rejecting offers.We are not in debt yet but it's only a matter of time as we are £1.6 million in the black.All I hope is that we can keep our form up to get us as much prize money as possible.

I'm hating my chairman now too, but for different reasons. It seems as though they only want to make money and hate football...wait...that actually sounds realistic...damn... :)

I'd definitely watch Blackpool! Unfortunately, I'm in Vancouver, Canada and the only football we get the Whitecaps in MLS, or a few English premiership games on Saturday afternoons. Especially at this time of year where is 24/7 hockey playoffs. BUt that's fine with me too ;)

Had a job offer through which I originally delayed to have a think about it,not that it helped anyway.

Heres the offer

WillRichardsonNews_Inbox-1.png

Budgets are smaller so that will mean less expenses unlike Dresden,the players are around the same ability and finances of Dresden and Eleche are both Okay.I'm not sure what to do so I'm going to have a sleep on it,opinions will be welcomed :D

Yeah if I were you I'd avoid moving from a promotion battle to a relegation battle, unless you were really fed up with Dresden, and sure the new club was strong enough to survive!

I'm slightly biased as I find Dresden interesting, but if you're not having fun there you should move. Just not necessarily at the earliest opportunity, better chances may show up. If you're lucky enough you can still get promoted to the Bundesliga this season which would look nice in your CV, and may even increase your reputation. Hence giving you better chances to get better jobs...

It's not really that I'm fed up but it's the fact I know I will have a right challenge on my hands whatever happens next season as I know my budgets will be significantly reduced.I did also have a look at Elche's run in and it wasn't pretty.

The one good thing about my run in is that I've only got to play 1st then the rest of it are the team which sit in mid-table as well as relegation battlers so I should be able to rack up a few points.We have 10 games left and sit 9 points behind 2nd so you know its going right down to the wire :D

SG20Dynamo20Dresden.gif

Dynamo Dreseden - End of Season - 2014/15

Final Transfers - Nothing changed transfer wise from mid-season.

Competition

Second Division - Table - Playoff Leg 1 - Playoff Leg 2 - We were in with a shot at the halfway point but I knew we could break the top 3 as we had the easier run in then the others around us. Of our last 10 matches we won 7 and drew 3.The most important victory was our 2-0 Victory against Frankfurt in which we were totally outclassed.We moved into 3rd place with 3 games to go but Gladbach wasted too much in their games and threw away results.We drawn against Mainz in the playoff which was a shock to me as I was expecting Karlsruhe or Furth but results didn't go right and I was against the toughest out of the 3.I can sum up the playoffs in one word.....Outclassed!They wallopped us 35-12 based on shots and yet we go up on away goals,teams should really learn to improve their finishing so this was a massive surprise for me as we couldn't get going in the 2nd leg so I was expecting the worse!

German Cup - 2nd Round - I guess two giant killings was too much to ask.We knocked out top flight side Duisburg in the first round as we beat them on penalties.The second round was during our bad patch in which we won 1 out of 8 including this.We were slightly outclassed so 1-0 was a fair result in the end as we were both poor but they had the better finishing.

Player,Stats and Awards

Harry Kane was our top scorer hitting 14 goals in his 37 apps,he did well for his 1st season as it did take him a while to settle.At one point he was on 2 in 15 so to finish with 14 in 37 is acceptable.

Jonas Strifler - I know a right back being the top of the assist chart is weird.I had problems at right wing so I thought I'd give him a go at it and it paid off somewhat as he finished with 12 assists from his unfamiliar position.

Derk Boerrigter was the fans player of the year,he was the most consistant player in the team and helped our cause with scoring 7 and chipping in with 10 assists so he played his role to perfection,couldn't have asked for more.

Overview

Miracle worker is what I seem to be as I had no right of getting through the playoff like I did,I knew I was getting recognition as I rejected three offers which were from Cristal (Peruvian Premier Division),Karpaty (Ukranian Premier Division) and Sporting Lisbon (Wouldn't have accepted that anyway,Porto are the only team I'd want to manage in Portugal!!).

With coming 3rd,I have managed to clear the debt for the time being as we are now over £4 million in the black as we received £5,115,000 for finishing 3rd.I've done wonders for the club and they I can't even manage to make it onto the favoured personnel list,just no pleasing some people :D

I did say I'm not sure whether I am going to stay but it looks like I will stay unless one of the following teams offer me a job......Man City,Porto,Roma,Hamburg,Saint Ettienne,Ajax,Valencia and San Marino (dead serious about this,would be nothing better then getting San Marino to the top of the Italian Leagues, won't be likely though :p)

Old Club Watch

Fagiano finished the season 2nd behind Antlers which was the highlight of their season as they didn't really do much in the cups.This is the same for the new season as they have been a disaster in the cups but they sit 2nd in the league behind Urawa.

Season   Country      Club            League            Position          Continental        Acheivments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010     Japan       Fagiano       Nihon-League 2         4th                N/A                 NONE
2011     Japan       Fagiano       Nihon-League 2         1st                N/A               Promotion
2012     Japan       Fagiano       Nihon-League 1         2nd                N/A              Cup Double
2013     Japan       Fagiano       Nihon-League 1         1st              Winners              Treble
2013/14  Germany     Dresden         Division 3           3rd                N/A            Won In Playoff
2014/15  Germany     Dresden         Division 2           3rd                N/A            Won In Playoff

Promotion master,I'm honoured :D To stay or not to stay that is the question which is mainly down to this offer....

WillRichardsonNews_Inbox-3.png

They finished top of Liga ZON Sagres but Bernd Schuster left for the Arsenal Job (I was actually favourite for that job!They finished 6th in the league),I didn't even apply for this so it's quite a shock for me.Villa-Boas is the Portugal manager,he's not been Porto manager since October 2013.I wasn't expecting a job of this calibre to come up so quick.Although with that budget I can get that Canadian striker I've been wanting!

Promotion master,I'm honoured :D To stay or not to stay that is the question which is mainly down to this offer....

WillRichardsonNews_Inbox-3.png

They finished top of Liga ZON Sagres but Bernd Schuster left for the Arsenal Job (I was actually favourite for that job!They finished 6th in the league),I didn't even apply for this so it's quite a shock for me.Villa-Boas is the Portugal manager,he's not been Porto manager since October 2013.I wasn't expecting a job of this calibre to come up so quick.Although with that budget I can get that Canadian striker I've been wanting!

Junior Hoilett? I wouldn't drool over the likes of Simeon Jackson, Marcus Haber, and Friend/Hume/DeRo are too old in 2015...

Or is it a newgen? :D

It's a newgen. His name his Joey Trafford and he has the potential to be a leading star in German First Division. Ok he is only rated at 1.5* for current ability but that can be overlooked :D

JoeyTraffordProfile_Attributes.png

I'm even more biased for Porto than I am for Dresden, have supported them all my life! :D

But in your place I think it wouldn't feel quite right to make such a massive jump in the career, how realistic is that? Even with your wonderful track record, you haven't proved yourself at the top level yet, don't think Porto would take a manager like that. Except for Villas Boas. Or Mourinho. :p

I know what you mean,still thinking about it even though I know I wouldn't manage any other club in Portugal!I actually agree with you, Villas Boas is a top class manager but on FM I am better then Mourinho :p

Decided to accept the Porto offer as it was too good not to go for them.I will have a bit of rebuilding to do as well due to the fact that most of the players are mid 20's and above (1st choice GK is 37!!).So need to get rebuild their squad to give them a solid future as well so most transfers will be done with the future.

porto.jpg

F.C Porto - Liga ZON Sagres - Pre-Season - 2015/16

Budgets

Transfer - £12.05 million

Wage - £725k p/w - (Currently spending £640k p/w)

Liga ZON Sagres - Win the league - Win the League

Champions League - 1st K.O Round - Quarter Finals

Taca de Portugal - Don't Care - Final

Bwin Cup- Don't Care - Final

Supertaca - Don't Care - Win the Cup

Transfers - I managed to do well with what I spent,I also can't believe with how little I spent on Hazard and Babacar.They were both on the transfer list at Fiorentina so all I can hope is that both player's spell in the reserves hasn't stunted their development.I was also impressed with getting Gourcuff on a free,he is 29 and will still be able to do the job.

Key Players

Thomas Maemae - GK - 3*/3.5* - I actually scouted him while I was at Dresden so I knew about him.He is a bargain at £1.8 million and there isn't much difference in the standard of the Portugese and Ukranian leagues.He is already rated as the best keeper and at the age of 22 so he can be the clubs undisputed nmber 1 for the next 15 years.

Ezequiel Munoz - DC - 3.5*/3.5* - Rated as the best defender in the team which is a good thing for me as he looks a solid DC.He turned his back on Argentina to play for Spain,he then makes his Spain debut against......Argentina!He can head,mark and tackle and is strong,that is all I ever want in a DC!

Yoann Gourcuff - MC/AMC - 3.5*/3.5* - Can't complain about him as he was free and it pleased the fans that I was able to get him.The fact that Lyon released him surprised me but he is perfect for centre midfield and it will also help the two younger players in the side to have more development and less pressure on them.I just hope he is able to avoid injuries but other then that he should be fine.

Hulk-AML/ST - 4*/4* - A player I have heard so much about on FM11 and yet I have never had him in any team before.He will be primarly used in the AML position till I feel Thorgan Hazard can take over.Even from AML he will be able to chip in with goals with the way my tactic is set up as my goal threats come from the wings and up front.

Falcao - ST - 3*/3* - According to the ass man,he is our best striker in the squad so I will be looking for most of the goal threat to be coming from him.He will have slightly less pressure then previous seasons as Porto were lacking up front so I have looked to correct this but I feel he will play really well to my tactics.

Ones to Watch

Sergio Botelho - DL - 1*/3.5* - Was at the club but had not been offered a contract to sign for when he turned 17 so that was the first thing I did.I am quite lucky for him to be a DL as we only have two anyway so he can be our 3rd choice.Has been attracting attention from Liverpool and Napoli but he is staying no matter what.

Thando Smith - MC/AMC - 3*/4* - I can't believe a player like him was sitting in the reserves.I got him signed to a new contract as it was expiring in a years time,if he is that good now then he clearly has a future in the midfield as he is at such a young age.I will be rotating the squad so he will be getting games at some point.

Mansour Shushan - MC - 3*/3.5* - I feel the £3 million I paid for him will be consider a bargain at some point in teh future,he can Smith's long term partner in the MC position as he is still young and has development left in him.Has technique and has a impressive first touch and pass which will help with setting an attack up.

Jorge Cordeiro - ST - 1.5*/4* - Was already at the club when I came so it's nice to see youth players like this waiting for me.He has been attracting major attention from Italian clubs as both Milan Clubs and Sampdoria have made offers for him.Has also had Valencia sniffing around but nothing concrete from them.He will probably get chances this season had up front is a weaker area but he should be more then capable.

Overview

I am pleased with some of the bargains I have managed to get especially the Thorgan Hazard deal seeing as he was in Fiorentina's reserves along with Babacar.I did want Eden Hazard as well seeing he was transfer listed for £2.7 million by Man City but his agent wanted me to give him £235K p/w!!

I feel we have a strong enough squad to challenge on all fronts.Up front is our weakest area but we have Babacar who is still developing,Cordeiro who is only 17 and will be big in the future as well as me wanting to sign Trafford which hit a snag (It saying I'm not allowed to sign players from Toronto (PDL) as they are draft protected!)

This will be a test to see if I am able to cut it in the bigger leagues in which I will be using the 4-2-4 formation I've used at Fagiano and Dresden so I feel quite confident.

Thanks rlipscombe :thup: After extensive searching for the right players,I feel I can be a success but Man City have caused me all sorts of headaches due to their player demands while letting them rot in their reserves!!

Gourcuff was mega in my FM06(?) Porto team. He'll do fine for you.

Annoying that Falcao isn't as good in FM as in real life, which is world class really. Hulk in real life is a massive danger playing as inside forward from the right, and he does have the attributes to cause havoc in the game in those conditions, I strongly recommend you try that.

Pretty surprised that Hulk still is at Porto after all these seasons, in my game he was transfered to Real Madrid in the first January transfer window.

rancer890 - Thanks for that knowledge,soon as he gets drafted then their will be an offer in for him the next day :D

ak22 - Thanks,already have the Supertaca in the bag after I beat Benfica just have the rest to go now :p

noikeee - Gourcuff has played well so far and I'm happy with his contribution.I agree Falcao is underrated but I reckon I can get him to around 30 goals at the least.I'm quite surprised we still have Hulk as he has always been impressive when he has played,Man City did come in for him but I decided that if they want him then they have to pay me £87 million to meet his buyout needless to say that they didn't.

Hulk is part of my front 4 as I play him in the AMR position but I have in swap during games as Sidney Sam is my AML but they can both play AML and AMR so it gives the defenders headaches,my wingers will get alot of goals during the season so he will get a fair few.I've played 2 and scored 8 with Babacar,Falcao and Sam on 2 with Hulk and Gourcuff scoring the others so you can see where my goal threats will be coming from :D

The champions league has given me quite a tough group as we've been drawn with Barcelona,Shakhtar and Bohemians!! 2nd achievable but I want 1st so we will see :D

If you can take down Barça, then you really are a tactical genius. :)

Just for you DSYoungEsq

PortovBarcelonaInformation_Overview.png

That was Hulk'a 7th goal in 8 games and Falcao's 10th in 8 games :D

porto.jpg

F.C Porto - Liga ZON Sagres - Mid-Season - 2015/16

Transfers - Not much difference from Pre-Season but I have allowed a few other players to go out on loan to let them gain experience or in Krivets case to get 1st team action as he is a good player and warrants it but I can't give it him here as we do have alot of good players in the same positions.

Competitions

Liga ZON Sagres - Table - We have been simply amazing so far and the only points dropped were against Benfica when we drew 2-2.The players adapted to my tactics very well and can't stop scoring.We have scored 4 twice,5 twice,6 twice and beat Maritimo 7-0 but the biggest victory was 10-0 against Liga ZON Sagres new boys Trofense.I am quite worried though as it's always 2nd half where I faulter if we start really well,I can never have a straight forward season where we run away with it unless we are the outright strongest team in the league.Out of the opposition, 13 out of 15 managers seem to hate me claiming that I'm out of my depth and Porto won't win the league so am very happy that I get to rub it in that we're top and they're not!!

Champions League - Got through our group stage by topping it with a record of 5 wins and a draw.The only points we dropped were against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, other then that it was straight forward all though we did survive scares against Shakhtar both times.We have been given a simpler draw as we have been given Tottenham in the 1st Knockout stage.

Taca de Portugal - Decided to use reserves and youth to give them a bit of game time.They have paid us back by getting us to the semi finals!We have beat AD Oliveirense (4-0),Casa Pia (3-0),Maritimo (4-0),Fatima (2-0) to book our place in the semi final against Vit. Guimaraes.

Bwin Cup - Still in the group stages.I decided again to use a mixture of reserves and youth and so far it has paid off,we top the group after winning the first two games and scoring eight goals in the process.We are in a group containing Belenenses,Trofense and Maritimo.We just have Maritimo to play before the group is over.

Supertaca - Winners - beat Benfica 2-1 with a full strength team.

Overview

This season has been amazing so far,with the way it's going I feel we could win it all especially as I have had luck on my side in Europe so I hope thay continues.The players adjusted to my tactics quite quickly and it has made us free scoring.Also feel I can go a further in the champions league has we managed to avoid the bigger teams so that will help the finances.

The only downside to the season so far has been Falcao's five week injury but I have got Hulk and Babacar as well as Cordeiro who has played well when he has been called into action.Babacar has been that good so far,he is attracting attention from AC Milan after only half a season so it's clear to see that he has been performing well.Mansour Shushan has also been performing well,the £3 million signing has played 14 times,scoring 3 and has 5 assists to his name,he has also had offers from Liverpool and Real Madrid in around the £7.5 million mark so I've offered a new contract and stuck a £41 million minimum release on him.

porto.jpg

F.C Porto - Liga ZON Sagres - End of Season - 2015/16

Final Transfers - Just the one additional bought in but that wasn't my choice as it was already pre-arranged and I don't think he has a future here as long as I'm manager.Let some go and quite a few go out on loan to keep them happy when it came to getting some football time as there is a large squad here.I let Santos go for £40k as he was worth £16k and I knew he didn't really have a future here so I spurs a bit of rubbish!

Competitions

Liga ZON Sagres - Table - It was a relatively easy time,we struggled a bit more in the second half of the season due to suspensions and injuries but nothing too major to worry about.I put it down to my tactics though as in 22 of the 30 matches,we scored 3 or more goals.Quite a shock to see Maritimo get relegated as they finished 5th the season before and have always been in Liga ZON Sagres in the save.

Champions League - Winners - I don't know whats more shocking,us winning or Marseille making it to the final.We went through a group of Barcelona,Shakhtar and Bohemians by winning 5 and drawing 1.We knocked out Tottenham (4-2),At.Madrid (4-2) and Bayern Munich (4-2).Marseille topped their group which contained FC Utrecht,Palermo and Man Utd!They then knocked out Leverkusen (5-2),Man Utd (3-3,won on away goals) and Juventus (4-3).The final was end to end stuff and was a very even match so penalties was actually the best way to decide this as neither of us wanted to lose.We managed to hold our nerve and win on penalties 4-3 to win Portos first Champions League since the days of Jose Mourinho!

Bwin Cup - Winners - Was easy getting to the final which gave the reserves and youth a good work out.I was going to do the same for the final but hte Benfica manager decided to shoot his mouth off so I put out as near as a full strength team as I could (was missing 3 players from strongest XI).We were in control the whole match and it easily could have been more then 5-1.

Taca de Portugal - Winners - I played the reserves and youth team through uo untill the final.When it got to this point,we had a mini injury crisis where I had to play first teamers with reserves and youth so it was a full mixture.Still I wasn't expecting to give Benfica another 5-1 thumping,I had to play Walter who is my 4th choice striker up front with Hulk and even he found it easy against them.

Supertaca - Winners - Rather a unimpressive start to my managment career at Porto but a win is a win no matter what performance comes with it,we went 2-0 up and then stopped trying.This can be classed as a lucky win as we just hung on.

Player,Stats and Awards

Falcao was our top scorer hitting 41 goals in 38 appearances.He should have had more but got injured,went on a goal drought and got injured again.In total he missed 9 weeks of the season but still won Top Scorer and Forward of the Year.

Hulk topped the assist chart with a very impressive 47,he also chipped in with 31 goals in 45 appearances and averaged at 8.47.His only award for the season was Fans Player of the Year.He was amazing and now I have to fend off major clubs from Spain,England and Italy.

Sidney Sam won Player of the Year....I'm quite shocked at this,he beat Hulk and Falcao to this award which speaks volumes for itself.He was solid throughout the year but he never stood out he just did his job,his performances in the league were better then his appearances in the cup.Lets hope he can match his performances from teh season just gone in the new season

Thomas Maemae won Best Goalkeeper - Had a slow start but he settled in very well and was very difficult to beat.He is still young and still improving,he has had Real Madrid sniffing around but I am intent on keeping him as it seems to be difficult to find a decent keeper anywhere.

Amir Hadir won Central Defender of the Year,he had a fantastic season both in league and cups.9 goals in the league and 7 in the cups and never put a foot wrong.A solid central defender and still young as well.

Patrick van Aanholt won Fullback of the Year,he was the best choice and deserved victor as he was a consistent performer throughout the season and I can only recall one bad game where he had underperformed.

Khouma Babacar won Young Player of the Year,he had a good first season finishing with 19 goals overall,he should be able to keep this standard up as he can only get better.

Overview

That was one amazing season even by my standard.The Champions League was one continuous shock after another which was proved by the final being between us and Marseille.Don't really need to much improving as it will just be the full backs but will also need to look at bringing in long term replacments for Falcao and Hulk.

Also at the end of the season I rejected Juventus's offer to manage them as I want to at get the World Club Cup before moving on to another continent to win their respective Champions league as I have the African Champions League,NACL,O-League, and the Copa Libertadores left to win to give me a full collection. After that then it will be going to anywhere I want for a while and at some point managing in England!

Old Club Watch

Fagiano - Finished 2nd in the league again,this time behind Urawa.Did nothing really of note in the cups bar the Emperor's Cup where they made it to the semi finals where they lost 1-0 to Jubilo.

Dresden - Relegated in 18th but were only 3 points off survival so it was a brave fight for them.Knocked out in the 3rd round of the German Cup on penalties by Bielefeld

Season Country Club League Position Continental Acheivments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 Japan Fagiano Nihon-League 2 4th N/A NONE
2011 Japan Fagiano Nihon-League 2 1st N/A Promotion
2012 Japan Fagiano Nihon-League 1 2nd N/A Cup Double
2013 Japan Fagiano Nihon-League 1 1st Winners Treble
2013/14 Germany Dresden Division 3 3rd N/A Won In Playoff
2014/15 Germany Dresden Division 2 3rd N/A Won In Playoff
2015/16 Portugal Porto Liga ZON Sagres 1st Winners Clean Sweep[/Code]

That is absolutely superb sir. Not even Mourinho managed to clean all the competitions like that with Porto - in fact it's remarkable how similar the season went, with a french team to face in the final like Mourinho had Monaco. And Man Utd knocked out in the process.

Quite an awesome jump from the 2.Bundesliga to european champion in 1 season too!

Mattspurs94 - It is indeed the coolest name ever:D

noikeee - Thanks and unlike Mourinho,I won't leave straight after winning the Champions League :p I noticed that it was similar to how it went with Mourinho but I wasn't expecting them to Utd to be shown up like that! It was a awesome jump,I like the pressure,if I know I have pressure to win things then I will do my best to get it done.It also helps having a decent plan b when it comes to tactics :D

Falcao was amazing when he was fit but he has already started showings of decline :( I wasn't even playing Hulk up front,he was mainly playing AMR! I've think I have found both their long term replacments during pre-season as well for what positions I play them in.

porto.jpg

F.C Porto - Liga ZON Sagres - Pre-Season - 2016/17

Budgets

Transfer - £40.5 Million

Wage - £1 Million p/w - (Currently spending £730K p/w)

Liga ZON Sagres - Win the league - Win the League

Champions League - Quarter Finals - Semi Finals

Club World Cup - Reach the Final - Win the Cup

Euro Super Cup - Win the competition - Win the Cup

Taca de Portugal - Don't Care - Final

Bwin Cup- Don't Care - Final

Supertaca - Don't Care - Win the Cup

Transfers - Two first teamers and two future prospects were bought in with Khan and Faye being more for the future.This has give us a solid squad for the forth coming season.The outs were mainly due to them moaning about first team when they are clearly not good enough.Smith has been loaned out again to get first team action as he is not quite good enough to break into the team,he will be Gourcuff's long term replacment.

Key Players

Thomas Maemae - GK - 3.5*/3.5* - Last seasons Best Goalkeeper winner,he performed very well for his first season in Liga ZON Sagres.He is the club's undisputed number one and I won't have the Oceania Cup to deal with so he won't be called up for international duty for a long spell like last season.He will continue to get better as he gets more experienced,I am hoping he beats last seasons record of 24 clean sheets.

Ezequiel Munoz - DC - 3.5*/3.5* - He is an absolute beast when it comes to defending and never put a foot wrong last season.He deserves to be capped more then he is so I have no idea what the Spanish manager is doing.If he can continue the same form then I can be more assured about conceding less goals then the other teams.

Mansour Shushan - MC - 3*/3.5* - He was one of the players in last season's one to watch.He was that good when he came in for Alan Dzagoev,I couldn't drop him when Dzagoev regained his fitness.Rated as the 2nd best MC behind Gourcuff but has greater potential then the Frenchmen.

Hulk - AML/AMR/ST - 3.5*/3.5* - He is absolutely amazing.If he is able to maintain his form from last season then I have no worries about this season. He is attrating attention from Bayern Munich and Napoli but he laughs it off.I can see him being here till he retires unless a stupid offer comes in.Will be looking for his high consistency to help keep the pressure off some of the younger players.

Falcao - ST - 3*/3* - Had a fantastic season last season when he wasn't injured.He has a full pre-season to recover so I'm hoping he will be able to find his best form once again.I will be able to rest him more as the striking positions now have more strength in depth.I hope he is able to get 30+ goals again.

Ones to Watch

Matias Conejeros - DR/DC/DL - 3*/4* - Versatille defender who will be able to play anywhere when need be,he will be my 1st choice DR to start off with as he is rated the best so we will see if he can play with being thrown into the deep end.

Tidiane Faye - MR/AMR - 3*/4* - Long term replacment for Hulk who plays at AMR in my formation.Looks to be a bargain at £5.75 mill but most surprising hing is that he has not been fully capped by Senegal.He is fast,a good dribble who can cross a ball....all three aspects which I need my wingers to do.

John Khan - ST - 2.5*/3.5* - The long term replacment for Falcao,Khan is a physical beast and looks like he can finish from what I have seen in pre-season.Has a very impressive international record and was a bargain as he was signed for the relegation release clause due to Cardiff being relegated.Will get a look in with Babacar going off to the Olympics.

Overview

I am pleased with what I've managed to do and feel more then ready for the new season even with the outgoings and very few incomings.I have managed to secure replacments for Hulk and Falcao even if they are on the young side but when I do leave then Porto will still have them here.

During pre-season I rejected offers from England and Inter Milan as I don't want to manage a International side while I'm managing a club side as it's too time consuming and I don't want to leave Porto after one season as that is short even by my standards and once I finish this season,I will be moving to a different continent then continuing in Europe for the time being.

It seem's the Powergens 2011 edit has had a positive effect with more players to choose from different countries,they are probably once in a lifetime stars that their country will see though :lol:

I will add a Canadian at some point because I still want Joey Traffod but he is still draft protected :mad:

Yeah I had a thing going on in the CSE forum where I edited an indian club, and they got better regens than usual, but I think if we summed the stats of all of them it still wouldn't match Khan. :D Great player there.

I'm not sure about that,India seem to have the potential to be one of the best nation's in Asia on my save. I actually think if we summed up all the stats then Khan maybe beat :p He's scored twice for India since I signed him but he hasn't scored for Porto....yet but he's only played 3 games so far!

It seem's the Powergens 2011 edit has had a positive effect with more players to choose from different countries,they are probably once in a lifetime stars that their country will see though :lol:

I will add a Canadian at some point because I still want Joey Traffod but he is still draft protected :mad:

How long until Traffod enters the MLS draft?

porto.jpg

F.C Porto - Liga ZON Sagres - Mid-Season - 2016/17

Mid-Season Transfers- Bought one more player in at the end of the transfer window.Tapia is a 21 year old Chilean international which shows my intent on building a younger squad leaving Porto in a good position if I ever decide to leave.Most of the players who left were older players or backups who thought they deserved to play 1st team football when they are not good enough for what we have in quality now.

Competitions

Liga ZON Sagres - Table - It has been a walk in the park and we have a identical record for wins and draws as we did last season.Most of this season has been done without Falcao as he has been out for a total of 9 weeks due to various injuries.Biggest win has been 8-0 against Leiria although our most satisfying win was the 8-2 victory against Benfica!Should be able to continue this form but do expect the minor mess up every now and then.

Champions League - Topped the group which contained Lyon,Shakhtar and Panathinaikos,we won 5 and drew 1 with the points being dropped against Shakhtar in the away game.We have been given a very tough draw against Real Madrid in the 1st knockout Round.

Club World Cup - Winners - We were dismal against Urawa Reds in the semi's where we won 2-1 on penalties.We put it a much better performance against Brazilian side Vitoria as we won 3-0.

Euro Super Cup - Winners - Beat Lyon 5-3 on penalties in what was a very even contest.

Taca de Portugal - Into the semi-finals after beating Andorinha (4-0),Maritimo (3-0),P.Ferreira (5-0) and Portimonense (3-1).I've used a mixture of players from 1st,reserve and youth to give everyone a chance.The Semi-final will see us against Aves,Academica or Braga so it should be easier to win seeing as my rival are not in it.

Bwin Cup - Only played the one group game so far as we beat Nacional da Madeira 6-0.We still have games against Aves and Fatima to play so I am very confident of qualifying from the group.

Supertaca - Winners - Beat Benfica 4-0 in a easy match.

Overview

This season is practically the same as last season but it's had a much better high point for me as we beat rivals Benfica 8-2 in the 2nd league game of the season. Not having much luck with injuries especially when it comes to Falcao,he has been out for 9 weeks so far this season but thankfully Babacar has stepped up his performances which have not gone unnoticed by other clubs.

John Khan is currently being tutored by Hulk which should help him quite a bit,he took a while to settle down but he has found his feet and has started finding the net.Babacar has been linked with bigger clubs and we rejected two massive offers from Arsenal (£22 million) and Bayern Munich (£26 million).Not liking the nasty Champions League draw as we have Real Madrid in the 1st K.O which will really test me as they are the LIGA BBVA holders.The last thing to mention is that I am favourite for the Barcelona job if they decide not to renew Carlo Ancelotti's contract (not holding my breath on that one!!)

Archived