FM11: Ton United FC – 100 Caps Required

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking about signing up Thuram for me as soon as my season is finished which should be in the next 20mins. Won the league agesssss ago, begining of april i think it was :)

What formation did you go with Craig? I'm actually considering a 4-3-3 to try and keep that terrifying front line happy!

It's like a 4-4-2 but the rm's are pushed up to make AMR and AML,

I've been using Raul <3 and Shevchenko upfront with Henry on the left, Klose been on bench most of the season and he didn't get face on once. But once i won the title i played my 2nd string for the remaining 8/9 games and only lost one so they remain all morale up and happy. :) Going to be some mardy bums in the summer though i assure you! :(

Should be fun in CL though.

Edit - The board have decided the expand the stadium 16k seats which will cost 21m :)

DandyDon, or anyone for that matter, if you can make a badge for the team then I would be very grateful :thup:.

The kits? There was someone who made some fantasy Forest kits and posted them in the Forest Team Guide. Would that be of interest? Maybe he could create a badge too. the kits would like the Championship ones I guess.

All I'm saying is I can ask.

Also my stadium is only 40k.

D. Beck just got himself sent off in pre-season friendly...silly boy

I could get one made but might not be done until end of tomorrow?

They might be a problem 2nd season, we have no home grown players for the CL.. :(

Ahhh...that could be a major problem right enough, hadn't even thought about that.

The kits? There was someone who made some fantasy Forest kits and posted them in the Forest Team Guide. Would that be of interest? Maybe he could create a badge too. the kits would like the Championship ones I guess.

All I'm saying is I can ask.

Also my stadium is only 40k.

You could ask mate, if you don't mind.

I could get one made but might not be done until end of tomorrow?

They might be a problem 2nd season, we have no home grown players for the CL.. :(

Yeah, you could have a go Craig :thup:.

Oh bollocks!

I'm assuming the only way round it is to go into the editor and set some of the players to have home grown status and then load a new game with the changes?

Right in that case I'll take a break now and start a proper save with Ton tomorrow once I've done that.

Yeah.. That is the main problem i was thinking about a while back.. Looks like it'll have to be done then and new save tomorrow it is.. Damn it. :(

I think I've fixed it, going to holiday a season and hope they get in the CL and then see if the players are home grown. If they are then I will upload the new database.

Right, I holidayed the first season, Ton United won the league, I went to register players for the Champions League and now all of the players are home grown :thup:.

If anybody has downloaded the old database then I'm afraid you will have to start again on this database otherwise you won't be able to register a team for the Champions League, here is the new database:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gbomi11v5578d3

The new link has been added to the OP, replacing the previous link to the young players database. I haven't done the old players database yet, will do that tomorrow or Sunday.

Harry, that guys had a go at creating a badge. He can't do the kits till tomorrow. What sort sponsor do you want? and manufacturer? i.e. Nike, Umbro etc?

Here's the badge.

That looks fine mate, got the right colours which is great :thup:.

In regards to the kits, is there a company that is called hundred/100 or something like that? If so, they would be a great sponsor. Also, Nike would be my preferred manufacturer, but whatever is easier.

In regards to adding them to the game, if we can make the badge and kits downloadable for people then that would be great, would mean that I won't have to upload another database that people have to download and therefore start their game again.

Yeah I have, stopped drinking at about 7 and got back home at about 8 so not too bad now :thup:.

Plus, I'm checking my spelling 3 times before I post :D!

It was highly funny seeing you post. The first post in the OTF Football thing was funny. I thought you was drunk before you said you was as there were way to many spelling mistakes.

Just completed my first season, won the league quite easily. Got knocked out of the Dutch Cup in the semi-final.

The board have also just told me that the stadium will be expanded by 16k seats :thup:.

I will do a in-depth update which will include player performances through out the season later on tonight.

End of First Season - 2010/11

A good, solid first season, he is how the players performed:

TonUnitedPlayerStats2010-11.jpg

As you can see, Xavi and Cannavaro played the most games with 31(1), no body played loads of games as I wanted to keep everyone happy. My 'B' team played in every cup game.

Eto'o and Raul were sensational, banging in goals for fun. Henry got 11 goals in 21 games from the AML position which is great and Beckham scored a lot of goals and got a lot of assists.

Below is how I performed in the league:

TonUnitedLeagueTable2010-11-1.jpg

I won the league with ease, I had it won by 20th March. The team scored for fun, as can be seen from the 114 goals we scored in the league.

Below are the Eredivisie player statistics:

TonUnitedLeagueStats2010-11.jpg

The team dominated the player statistics, Eto'o got top goalscorer, Raul got 2nd place. Xavi got an insane amount of assists. The top 3 average ratings were also players from Ton United as well.

Dutch Cup

I got knocked out by FC Twente in the semi-final, we were 2-0 down, we came back to 2-2 only to lose 5-4 on penalties.

Potential Signings

Nobody really good enough for the team with 100 caps or more yet. I tried to get Rafael Marquez but I couldn't afford the wages he wanted.

Next season should be good, bring on the Champions League!

Well done Harry. I think the real test is to see if you can keep it going when teams become interested in your players, and thus trying to replace them. Also what's the policy on players from your own youth academy - I think they should be allowed to play for you as well.

Cheers mate. Yeah, I've been getting loads of offers for players, Man Utd bidding £30m for Buffon, AC Milan and Chelsea bidding £21m for Zanetti etc. I've rejected every bid and none of them are unhappy, some of their agents asked for new contracts for them and to save them from getting upset I agreed, they only wanted around £22k a week so not too bad.

In regards to youth academy players, the rule could be that you are only allowed 2 in your first team squad? All other players must have over 100 caps. The youth players must start at the club though, you can't buy them. How does that sound?

Cheers mate. Yeah, I've been getting loads of offers for players, Man Utd bidding £30m for Buffon, AC Milan and Chelsea bidding £21m for Zanetti etc. I've rejected every bid and none of them are unhappy, some of their agents asked for new contracts for them and to save them from getting upset I agreed, they only wanted around £22k a week so not too bad.

In regards to youth academy players, the rule could be that you are only allowed 2 in your first team squad? All other players must have over 100 caps. The youth players must start at the club though, you can't buy them. How does that sound?

Sounds fair. Perhaps it should be 100 caps or from the youth academy so no limit on caps for them or it could be hard 5-10 years into the game. I think this shall be up to the gamer's discretion. I agree that you can't buy them (unless you decide not to play them until they get 100 caps - bold move!).

I might be starting a game with them but I don't have that much free time at the moment plus have my Arsenal, Barca and journeyman saves going at the moment.

Harry. I have the kits that have been created by MarShaLL(does have a dollar sign in his name but can't find it :()

Home

Away

Personally I think they are great and he deserves full credit for this and I would like to say thanks :thup::D.

They are brilliant! Great job by Mar$hall (the $ sign is on number 4 btw).

Now we just need somebody to write the code for the kits and badges, any takers?

The kits look brilliant. Only problem I have is that the away one looks to similar to an old Man Utd kit & that is quite dirty in my eyes haha.

Great first season as well Harry. Good luck in Europe.

Great first season Harry. :cool:
The kits look brilliant. Only problem I have is that the away one looks to similar to an old Man Utd kit & that is quite dirty in my eyes haha.

Great first season as well Harry. Good luck in Europe.

Cheers guys :thup:.

I wanted something bright for the away shirt, yellow and green compliment each other so I went for them colours.

Archived