FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by simo p:

purefun

hmm i may play him in amc with bodmer behind him in mc, see how that goes, just bit worryed might get a bit congested in the middle

well you can put your amr and aml on the middleline with long farrows so bodmer is not alone.

Could you post a s.s. of your team and tactic??

I'm in need of strengthening my midfield, the board accepted a bid of 18m for ederson, which is decent enough for me to let him go. However as he was my ready made replacement for the disappointing gasbarroni i am now one AMC short. Got quite a few on my shortlist, was just wondering if anyone else could put some names forward.

Current shortlist for my AMC are as follows

Elano (gonna cost way more than i'd like)

Jeremy Menez (i know he's a left winger but anyone got experience of him as amc? plus the bonus of being french he's also currently playing in germany so i won't have to pay over the odds)

Diego (one from werder bremen)

Rafael Sobis

Matty Fernandez (apparently available for between 8.5m and 11.5m)

Andrey Arshavin

Nacer Barazite

Lulinha

I'm thinking of doing for matty and lulinhashould be able to get both of them for less than 16m

If your on 8.02 try Luis Jiminez, he's on loan at Inter first season and you can pick him up for 3m. Not sure on price later on in the game though.

Othwerise prehaps A.Taabart (Sp) from Spurs. He, potentially, does become very good.

purefan

Kaka I wish, but you have waited long enough:

The new boy went straight into the starting XI, and when his name was mentioned over the tannoy the stadium errupted, its not often you can sign a player of this quality to a club, so when the chance came, I took it.

LES GONES CESC MAGNIFIQUE was the headline in the morning paper after our 4-1 away hammering of FC Metz which saw our new signing Cesc Fabregas net two assists on his Lyon debut.

Well my squad is starting to feel the lack of depth i've got in AMC at the minute, lots of rotation going on to keep everyone fit at the minute. Negotiations are on going for fernandez, lulinha has been offered a contract. Negotiations have just begun for Luis Jimenez as well.

So far this season i am unbeaten in all competitions, sitting 15 points clear at the top of the league with 55 points after 21 games.

Champions league i was expecting to be harder, when the group stages drawn and i was to be put against juventus who had spent a lot of money strengthening their team, with besiktas and braga making up the group. However a 4-1 victory over juve at home and 2-2 draw away saw me top the group. With all other games being victories.

Domestic cups are going well, much better than last year, with a new goal scoring record being set in my 11-1 thrashing of Jura-Sud, where i had fielded a weakened team. Henri Saivet coming out of the youth squad to grab a hattrick.

Other notable results are 6-1 against Besiktas at home, a 5-2 thrashing of Marseille at home, 5-1 win against FC Sochaux, and my personal favourite, 5-0 against PSG as mentioned in a previous post.

Had some worrying injury trouble this season, with all my strikers except Saivet and Ben Arfa being injured for 3 months plus at some point. However everyone is chipping in with goals!

After a slow start Briand hit form and currently has 13 goals, Fred started amazingly but has been hampered by injuries and has a very prolific rate of 12 goals in 14 appearances. Benzema came back from injury on fire and has banged in 11 goals in 12 appearances.

Goals have been plentyful from midfield as well, Bodmer has 10, Ben Arfa on 8, Van der Vaart on 7, Kallstrom and Juninho both on 4 and Toulalan on 3

In the yearly awards a few were picked up by my players.

Squillaci came third in European defender of the year,

Benzema won French player of the year, with Ben Arfa coming third

Barzagli won foreign player of the year, with Kallstrom coming second.

Lloris and Brand came second and third in the Revelation of the year award

With manager of the year going to me of course.

Two youngsters have been brought in, both of which are regens but looking promising, a 15 year old striker from PSG at a pricely sum of 2.7m, and a defender from Feyenoord for the bargain price of 8k

The board are currently spending money upgrading my youth and first team training facilities to futher match my ambitions.

Hopefully my midfield will be bolstered before the end of the window

hey guys, just started a game with lyon. midway near the end of the first transfer window, have signed briand and menez.

Won the champ trophy and am 2nd in the league after 5 games. 4wins and 1loss.

Lille got lucky and beat me 2-1 in the 2nd game of the season. they only had 2 shots in the whole game 88th min and 89th min! icon_mad.gif

Otherwise going well, feel like this game could well be my first long term one outside of england

purefun

It's ok I guess brought in Menez, Lloris and some French youth with structured deals and sold off Roux and the young DLRC. Fred is annoyed that I rejected a deal from FIorentina for him and has not been performing so far. Benzema, Ben Arfa and Juninho have been immensed though.

On another note, I find that I've been letting in ALOT of goals lately so much that's in unreal. Granted I've scored quite a bit too especially through corners but the goals conceded have been unreal. Play a flat back 4 with Grosso-Muller-Squillaci-Clerc. Any ideas how to tighten up the defence?

Agent Tiro

Thanks. As I said above, for some reason he wasnt playing for Arsenal, and they no longer have Wenger in charge, so that might have something to do with it. The £40m does have a 50% future sell on fee attached, but its not likely he will be sold anyway.

Agent Tiro

The one that Scott said seems to be the hot player for 8.02 on amc-spot.

Matty has been toned down. Diego would be great.

AJ

Brilliant signing mate. icon14.gif

Also good season so far. Keep it up. icon14.gif

Darren

Welcome and good luck mate.

Do you play original or patched up?

Could you post a s.s. of your team!

Zychan

DC : Bocaly, Saunier, Sakho, Schwechlen, Mensah (african but that counts as french imo), Armand (PSG), Mexes (brilliant), Abenzoar becomes really good ...

Originally posted by zychan1:

Oh, forgotten to mention that I have Habib Bellaid and Boumsong too, but not really solid.

Sorry mate but sell Boumsong, Bellaid and Muller all crap tbh.

And still buy those young guns they turn out great.

We have had a great start to season 5, with the first game seeing us beat Marseille 2-0 to regain the French Champions Trophy. This was followed shortly after with a 5-0 demolition of Arsenal in the European Super Cup.

Things are going just as well in the league with a record of 11 wins and 1 loss from 12 games (36 goals scored and only 4 conceded). This has seen us open up an early 7 point gap.

A tough Champions League draw saw us in a group with Man U, Juventus and Grasshopper. However having beaten Man U and Juventus in the QF and SF of last years competition confidence was high. The players didn't dissapoint with an away win at Grasshopper, followed by home victories over Juventus and Man U. This puts us in a strong position to qualify.

A couple of bits of transfer activity saw Lupoli sold for £5m (didn't pay anything for him, so pure profit). This was done as I wanted to promote Saivet to the first team and with Benzema, Fred and Briand already in the squad I decided to let him go. With Lloris as the only real first team quality keeper I have splashed out £8m on Cassio, a 24 year old Brazilian from Gremio. His stats are amazing but I have had no previous experience with him. If anyone out there has signed him at any point could you let me know how he got on. icon14.gif

Zychan

Joaquin is great yes.

French ones : Obertan and Gouffran.

Spike

Good results so far mate.

And yes Cassio looks great also on my game but i signed another GK. Forgot his name though. Will put an s.s. later!

Just played on my lyon save for the 1st time in a few weeks and finished my 6th season won the league and french cup but still havent won the championd league in 6 seasons. Am moving into a new stadium which is named after me. Also got 2 players coming in on free transfers obertan and prudnikov.

Heres my team

GK Riou/Delle

DR Saunier/Clerc

DL Pander/Schwchlen

DC Barzagli/

DC Thicot/

DMC Makoun/Toulalan

MR Keita/Saivet

ML Menez/Ben Arfa

AMC Fernandez/Alex

FC Benzema/Gignac

FC Briand/Anelka

Will everyone stop bragging about their new stadiums, I'm starting to get very jealous icon_frown.gif

On a brighter note Nasri, Lucas & Freddy Adu are all out of contract at the end of the season. Hoping to sign all 3 on a free to strengthen my squad (fingers crossed!) icon_cool.gif

Originally posted by Spike:

Will everyone stop bragging about their new stadiums, I'm starting to get very jealous icon_frown.gif

On a brighter note Nasri, Lucas & Freddy Adu are all out of contract at the end of the season. Hoping to sign all 3 on a free to strengthen my squad (fingers crossed!) icon_cool.gif

Freebies are always brilliant imo. Its a specialty of mine. icon_wink.gif

Quick update on my AMC problem. Signed Matty Fernandez for a bargain price of 8m with a 25% sell on clause. Luis Jimenez came from his minimum release fee of 7.25m. Still awaiting for lulinha to accept the contract though. I also recently suffered my first defeat of the season, losing 3-2 to Nancy-Lorraine at their place. My own fault really a poor team talk at half time and their boss must have had a stormer. Did look like a 2-2 draw was on the cards but a wicked deflection on a 89th minute shot trickled in. Still top though, by 12 points so hopefully that result is just a blip and a return to winning ways will be celebrated when my signings make their debuts at LOSC later today.

Hey guys, sorry to butt into your thread on only a semi related Lyon topic, but Im Newcastle nearly finished season 3, 12 points clear with 10 games to go so should win the league.

Thing is i desparaely need a striker for next season as Owen is getting too old, Pato, Bojan, Aguero etc are out of my price range but i can get Benzema for around £15m,im on patch 8.01 and just wondering how good he becomes? I know he's a real world beater on 8.02. I managed to nick Ben Arfa for £13.5M and he's been quality, any thoughts on Benzema would be really helpful, as im thinkin of going for him or Cavani, and am in a dilema.

THC_lean

have to agree with spike on this, despite not having as amazing stats as the likes of aguero, he bangs goals in for fun and just keeps getting better and better

Jimenez (jimmy) and Matty made their debuts, with jimmy netting two goals during the 4-0 victory over LOSC. Lulinha put pen to paper and comes to me for 5.25m. So midfield is sorted for many a year to come i reckon. Even when juninho retires. Samba has just requested a transfer from blackburn. I'm monitoring the situation and as he's been on my shortlist for a while i'm thinking of putting a bid in, depending upon price.

Agent Tiro

You're on 8.02 right. Matty has been toned down, Jimenez on the other hand is a great buy. Lulinha is a fav. of mine so really can't comment on him. icon_wink.gif

THC

One word : Buy. icon14.gif On the other hand Cavani is also great. Tough choice would go for the last tbh.

Originally posted by THC_lean:

I play that 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation with 2dmf's,3amfs and 1st, so i need someone who's really pacy, which is why i was leaning more towards Benzema.

Benzema doesn't play alone upfront with two he is ace so who would his partner be.

Originally posted by darren1983:

Purefun

Playing on 8.02 patch

My team

having trouble away from home at the moment, let in stupid goals all the time.

any advice on tactics?

Sorry mate can't see your screen will look at it at home later.

darren

link doesn't seem to be working for me.

purefun

i've noticed matty being toned down, he's still scoring 7's though. Lulinha just made his debut in a cup game, sending him back to u18s till end of season, may give him a run out in league once i've officially won. But really impressed by jimmy, 3 goals in two appearances. he's looking the part.

Originally posted by purefun:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by THC_lean:

I play that 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation with 2dmf's,3amfs and 1st, so i need someone who's really pacy, which is why i was leaning more towards Benzema.

Benzema doesn't play alone upfront with two he is ace so who would his partner be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, guess that puts him out the picture then, Owen has been banging them in for me for 3 years and i was looking for someone pacy who can finish and play on his own.

Cesc Fab! You bastard AJ icon_biggrin.gif

Such a bunch of spammers you lot, how can I keep up when I'm away for the weekend always! icon_confused.gif lol.

Benzema is not ideal to be played upfront by himself THC as purefun has said.

On a off topic note, my foot was healed up enough and strapped up enough for me to play in the football tournment which we won which was no surpise as we were favourites to win.

hey

finally started a lyon game.

i bought samba (1.3M),menez(10M) Van D Vaart (7m + clauses) and montolivio (11M) and the usual youngsters

sold toulalan(sp?) for 18M to R.Madrid, he wanted to leave.

i had a good start, won my first 6 games, but since i got beat 3-0 by marseille at home, i've had one win in 6(fc copenhagen) and i;m already falling off the pace in the league.

star peformers have been juninho (8 goals, 6 assists, 3 MoM.) Mezen ( 7 goals, 3 assists) and benzema ( 7 goals, 1 assist)

i'm also finding it hard to get a good consistent formation going as well, so can someone give me some advice on how to line my team up, preferably not a 4-3-3 as well. any help much appreciated.

4-4-2 or a 4-3-2-1 are the best two formations around for Lyon, you could also try the French formation of 3-5-2 but I wouldn't recommend it.

You sould Toulalan abit cheap, he usualy goes for £25Million plus! Anyway too late for that now!

It's better if you post up your squad and then we can comment on what suit of formation you should try! Also helps if you let us know what style of play you are after? The arsenal style or the bolton style (I would imagine your not after the bolton style). Do you want lots of crosses in the box? Or do you want your wingers to cut inside and pass the ball not cross etc.

So if you could supply more info me and the boys can comment better on your situation icon_smile.gif

Darren, really spend some money! I swear by Barzagli for defence, the guy is a rock that moves quicker than most strikers!

bring in another midfielder, Van der vaart is a good one, but keep and eye out for Jimenez, this guy is amazing! He's played 4 games for me so far, scored 7 goals! he's slotted into my AMC slot and made it his own. Available at a reasonable price as well.

penambucano

With the team you've got you should be dominating in france. All i can suggest is a close look at your tactics. Try and get the confidence back up amongst the players. I've found that man marking works a lot better than zonal in 8.02. Also you should bring a keeper in, Coupet is out for a long time and i personally didn't trust any of the keepers there so i spent 15m on Lloris who has been superb.

I use a 4-1-3-2 formation, with the 1 being a mc with barrow to dmc, and the centre amc a farrow to st position.

i forgot to mention im playing on 8.0.0.

it is the same squad you start off with plus the transfers i mentioned earlier.

as an arsenal fan myself, i usually on my FM games play the arsenal way but in all honesty i haven't altered any of the settings apart from the attacking mindess slider and given custom instructions to juninho and van der vaart.

i'd started off with a 4-3-1-2 but since the marseille game that hasn't been effective and the two games i've used the 4-4-2 in hasn't proven to be that effective.

Archived