FM08 : Olympique Lyon : Les Gones

Purefun

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by glory utd:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">or 5-3-1 if you will.

Planning on playing with 10 men to make it fairer on the opposition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ssshhh, lol, 6-3-1 then maybe, makes it seem really defensive like that though

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Looks a good choice of team, very similar to a previous one of mine, A warning though Benzerga never really developed too well, even after good training and loans.

Strange, he looks rather good on mine icon_razz.gif

Squad + Summary

Goalkeepers

Hugo Lloris - New signing

Gregory Coupet - Had a very good season despite his injury

Vincent Enyeama - Solid, though concedes late goals

Remy Vercoutre - Good, though he lost his place to Barthez, may be loaned out this year

Defenders

Francois Clerc - Had a very good season, came close to taking Sagna's place in the French team.

Loic Abenzoar - Was the U-18's captain and had a very good spell at Levante, in which he got 8 assists in 15 games.

Armand Traoré - New signing

Fabio Grosso - Had a very good season, though may be sold due to Traoré's arrival

Jeremy Mathieu - His consistency and Versatility were vital, had good spells at DL and DM

Chris Samba - 20 Goals from set plays, a beast at the back, attracting Milan's interest.

Sebastien Squillaci - 18 goals from corners, captained the side for most of the season, arguably my key player.

Habib Bellaid - Started quite poorly, but matured dramatically under Squillaci's guidance, now considered a strong member of the squad and a key part of my long term plans

Cris - Did fairly well when he came back from injury, not a bad player.

Mamadou Sakho - The defensive future of Lyon

Midfielders

Mathieu Flamini - New Signing

Jeremy Toulalon - Got a good share of assists, and poped up with Vital goals, a key player

Mathieu Bodmer - Dominated the midfield with his towering displays

Kim Kallstrom - Midfield general, scored several vital screamers.

Juninho Pernambucano - Can't play every game, but scored almost a goal a game for me, vital option of the bench.

Younousse Sankharé - Dominated the U-18's midfield, became a key figure at Mallorca

Miralem Pjanic - Skillful player with an eye for goal, did very well for the U-18s

Ederson - Along with Lloris, he was Nice's key player

Omar Benzerga - "The new Dacourt" has impressive stats, reminds me of Carrick, will be loaned out.

Wingers

Jeremy Menez - Started poorly, but did very well at the end of the season, scoring some vital goals

Hatem Ben Arfa - My star player, got nearly 40 assists as well as 20 goals, unbelivably good

Sidney Govou - Wasn't bad, got a reasonable amount of goals and assists.

Kader Keita - Solid if unspectacular debut season, he will improve though.

Henri Saivet - Will be loaned out this year, a fine prospect.

Strikers

Karim Benzema - Won me the CL, with 4 goals against Man Utd, had a great season.

Fred - Came back from injury to score alot of goals

André-Pierre Gignac - New signing

Jimmy Briand - Started the season poorly, but he matured to score some vital goals towards the end of the season.

Vincent Acapandie - Got 55 goals in the U-18s

Him and Le Tallec scored for fun in the U-18's scored 3 goals in 3 games, including the winner at the Emirates. "Towering striker" Will be loaned out.

Damien Le Tallec - Got 35 goals in the U-18s, stats are like a young Rooney, may be loaned out this year.

Bojan returns to Barcelona after his loan spell

I'll post a season update later icon_smile.gif

can i say i hate my chairman again ?? lol

he just accepted a 28million bid for van persie and he doesnt want to sign a new deal with me!icon_frown.gif i dont know what i can do to stop my chairman doing this its so annoyin !!! icon_frown.gif

Well then. Its been a very long time since I posted an update on here, and those with time on their hands can skip back several pages to see my last update. For those than cannot be bothered, I had just finished the 2010/2011 season and had just signed the Portuguese Winker. Anyway, you can blame FM Live for the lack of posts from me.

So, where were we:

Well, its now the 2011/2012 season, and we are in February 2012 to be exact. So far season wise this has been my best.

Jeremy Menez has filled the void left by the free scoring Kallstrom hitting 27 goals so far this season, and even Sergio and Karim have found almost 20 goals each.

The league is 27 games in, and I am yet to lose. That doesnt happen often I can tell you. We are still in all competitions, round 11 of the French Cup and the Semi Finals of the Coupe de la Ligue to play.

Of course, we won the Champions Trophy with a 5-2 win against Toulouse, in what was Kallstroms last game for the club.

I will update once more at the seasons end.

Originally posted by tomtuck01:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Probably too late now tomtuck but Aquino already looks better on my game, 4th season, so as said better out there for your money.

Dont worry Liam I haven't been on my game yet so I haven't confirmed or cancelled the deal yet. Today I haven't been on as Ive been working this morning, and yesterday I went on another of my FM games so I could leave it a while to get a few peoples opinions, which I have got thanks to you chaps in this thread, rather than the one response I got in the Should I Buy/Sell Thread.

For a change I have decided to go with the majority of peoples opinions and NOT buy him. I have a young guy in my under 18's by the name of Antoine Moulin who could turn out better.

Liam

Nice start with the French National side. With the talent available you should be walking through most games you play!

lfc25

Good first season, despite the failings in the French Cup, though having so many injuries isn't a bad excuse. Dont worry too much about the Champions League final loss. Getting to the final of the Champions League in your first season is quite an achievemnent.

You already have a good squad, and like Liam said, id go for 3 of the signings you have mentioned and not Sinama Pongolle as you dont need him. Lassana Diarra would be a great signing in my opinion. He is an excellent performer and can even play RB if needs be. Though I wouldn't spend over the top on any of your signings, especially not £20million on Traore, he is good - but not that good.

I would also try to keep hold of Kallstrom. Offer him a new contract to see if that gets back to happiness. For me he was sensational for 8 seasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks mate for advice, I tried getting Lassana Diarra, but pompy wont sell, evan though hes unsettled.

Denilson went to milan for £30M, but i managed to get Flamini for £6M & signed Kaboul from spurs for £3.5M as back-up, only bought him as he has good stats for back up and was quite cheap, plus i sold boumsong to parma for £1M.

Grax got injured and will be out for 3 months, so i bought Bianchi from man city for £10M - who so far has been class.

Ederson was sold to toulouse for £10M & 20% sell-on, and kallstrom went to milan for £14.5M - bit dissapointed with that, as milan made the offer and my chairman accepted it.

Anyway, played 15 league games, won 14, drew 1, 0-0 against le manns who are bottom of the league, UCL is going well, got drawn with celtic, juventus & feyenord.

won 5-0 against celtic away, then 1-0 home win over feyenord, then 0-0 with juventus, so should win the group.

Benzema is so amazing, cant stop scoring when he plays, I know i have a lot of strikers - but Berbatov is transfer listed by spurs and i have had a £12.5M bid accepted - shall i buy than sell Grax & im thinking Fred?

My STs are: Benzema, Fred, Gignac, Bianchi & Grax & Saivet whos in youth team

As i bought Fred for milan on patch 8.01 and he was amazing, but on 8.02 he just seems ok.

So not sure wheather to keep Fred or not.

Fred has been toned down but he'll still give you a very good goal return and is still a very good player, no need to pay money for Berba when you have someone as good already(Fred).

If you sell Grax don't sell to a team in your league, I did and he was top scorer in the lesague with just under 40.

Looks like you've had a good start to the season keep it up!

I'll get an update up soon, and bloody Le Mans have signed Thierry Henry on a free, who despite being 33 still looks good and has scored 4 in 4 and set up 4 icon13.gif

Think i'll fire up my third Lyon save of FM08.

Its the most enjoyable one i've played and to be honest i just can't find an attractive team to play at the moment.

Will open up the reserve side this time and again focus on the best youth in the game.. the french!

Think i may stick to some transfer restrictions, like i've noticed a few of you doing.

Mid Season 4 Update - January 2011

Team Stats

Matches played - 32

Goals scored - 74

Goals conceded - 14

Yellow cards - 27

Red cards - 0

Avg attendance - 56939

Finance Details

Balance - £146m

Profit (This season) - £26.58m

Season budget - £76.88m

Remaining budget - £75.03m

Salary

Wage Budget - £1.17m p/w (£1m by my rules)

Current Wage - £539k p/w

Difference - £638k p/w

Avg Wage - £10.23k p/w

Player Stats

Top Goalscorer - Mathieu Bodmer - 16

Most Assists - Hatem Ben Arfa - 15

MoM - Three players - 4

Yellow Cards - Kim Kallstrom - 5

Avg Rating - Karim benzema - 7.71

So far we're still n all competitions, we've already picked up the Champions Cup, Euro Super Cup and Club World Championship.

There's a 12 point gap between myself and 2nd placed FC Sochaux and PSG in Ligue 1.

This season I've been playing with basically two teams, and being strict to alternate them 1 match each.

Team 1

GK - Costil

LB - Jeremy Mathieu

RB - Clerc

CB - Bellaid

CB - Samba

Dm - Flamini

RM - Keita

MCa - Bodmer

MC - Toulalan

AML - Ben Arfa

ST - Benzema

Team 2

GK - Vercoutre

LB - Jeremy Mathieu

CB - Bellaid

CB - Sakho

RB - Abenzoar

DM - Cana

RM - Obertan

CMa - Kallstrom

CM - Martin

AML - Delgado

ST - Fred

It's working well like this, not much difference in terms of results between the sides, although team 1 seem to score more but not by much, (Fred has 1 goal less than Benzema)

Transfers

In

Costil - Free

Sakho - Free

Le Tallec - Free

Malaury Martin - £5.25m

Out

25 players were released from the club

13 players have been loaned out

Ludovic Butelle - £1.9m

Reveillere - £1.5m (didn't want to pay wages he was demanding)

Players who will be coming for free at begging of next season...

Omar Benzerga - Despite saying the other day that he doesn't turn out too well, and the fact he vooks better than usual, nothing special but back up for Cana and Flamini.

Adriano Luis de Oliveira - He is French!! Honest! well He's a versatile defender, who is Brazillian, Italian and French, so a good mixture there, scouts found him and I had him watched repeatedly by Villa Boas and they all think he'll be a leading Ligue 1 defender, personally I can't see it but worth a shot for free and on less than £1k p/w SS>>>>>>

ScreenShot-3.jpg

France

As you know I'm now also boss of the French national side, since taking over I've had 6 games of which two were friendlies, here are the results

Faroe Islands vs France - Euro Qualifier - 0-3 (Nasri, Bellaid, Benzema)

France vs Montenegro - Euro Qualifier - 7-0 (Bodmer(3), Ribery(2), Boskovic(OG), Bellaid

france vs Nigeria - Friendly - 3-2 (Sankhare(2), Ben Arfa)

Iceland vs France - Euro Qualifier - 0-2 (Benzema(2))

France vs Austria - Euro Qualifier - 2-0 (Bodmer, Toulalan)

France vs mexico - friendly - 3-0 (Benzema(2), Saivet)

I can't think of to much else to include really, any other things you'd like to know, SS's you'd like to see, just ask as always icon14.gif

Originally posted by Scott08:

Think i'll fire up my third Lyon save of FM08.

Its the most enjoyable one i've played and to be honest i just can't find an attractive team to play at the moment.

Will open up the reserve side this time and again focus on the best youth in the game.. the french!

Think i may stick to some transfer restrictions, like i've noticed a few of you doing.

This save is the first time I've had the reserve league running and it is much better!

I've put some transfer/wage restrictions on my game, made it more fun, more challenging in the first couple of seasons, not so difficult now but I've not got the same old faces in the side that I usually buy.

And welcome back icon14.gif

Do anoy of you know any good French LB's that would cost under £10m mid season 4 / start of 5.

I've got Jeremy Mathieu there now, but as I'm now playing two different sides I need another,

Obviously Clichy will be far too expensive

Likewise with Traore after his move to Real Madrid

I can't play Sakho or Abenzoar there either as theyre being used elsewhere

So any ideas? Preferabbly young, (Theres no good looking French Regen LB's atm apart from mine but he's nowhere near ready)

The player I was looking at was Quentin Othon

Looks Ok defensively and better going forward as you'd expect as DM is his natural position.

Ideas and opinions anybody?

Some ideas.. maybe not all nautral in the position but they can do a good job there.

Leo Schwelchen, used him myself.

Manuel Da Costa has a French second nationality, quality LB.

Florian Marange from Bordeaux sometimes becomes good.

Cedric Evina from Arsenal is an attacking option.

Otherwise prehaps Duplus or Saunier.

Cheers Scott, been looking for a while now, I'm attempting to unsettle Clichy at Arsenal becasue there 10th in the league and out of all cups at the moment, but he's "Willing to help the clubs poor league position" or whatever it says on the persoanl happiness bit.

Leo I've been looking at too, scouts rate him, available for £3.2m and only 21, it's just his dribbling that lets him down, not too big a problem for a LB though.

Manuel was another it's just wheteher I can unsettle him enough to demand a transfer as Porto will not sell for less than £10m.

I'll look into the Arsenla player too

The one I'd already bid on and you've mentioned is Marange, looks a good buy, and only £8.5m

Right, i've got Samba in (of course!). Costil for cover in goal.

Then i've got Modric and in the process of buying Van Der Vaart, partly due to their Euro 2008 performances icon_smile.gif

They'll be my only non French/Portugese/Over 21 signings on the save. Will explain later in my full update.

Alright Guys, first off an apology from me, a while ago i said i was starting my Lyon game again after my old save was corrupted, but i just couldnt get back into it im afraid to say.

Im now into my 3rd season at Arsenal.

Anyway hows it going at the moment in your careers, any tips on how to keep money coming into your club after a few seasons, as ive spent loads, but it dosent seem to be generating in as much as i would like, looking at Liam_Everton and Purefun for advice as i know you two must be many seasons into the Lyon Save! icon14.gif

Also, when FM Live comes out we all need to make sure we play each other at some point!

Jimbob.

Jimbob

when I don't set myself any rules on signings(i.e maximum number / certain nationality) The best way to make easy mooney is to check on the play search screen on the 30th of December whos contract is expiring, sign them up, and you can keep them if they're really good or sell them straight away when they sign (beggining of season).

Only other things I can think of are trying to get more Merchandising/Commercial feeder links to maximise money through merchandising.

When signing players, never pay them a signing on fee, they always sign for me, whether I'm up against Barca, Real Madrid, AC Milna anybody. Can save you millions per signing, also look to reduce wages, aslong as the players have a Superb morale and your performing well in your competitions they may occasionaly take wage cuts, I'll hardly ever pay a player the exact amount he wants, usually look at what he's already earning when offering him the contract and add a bit on.

All I can think of really mate, hope this helps and is the kind of answer you were looking for.

Originally posted by liam_everton89:

Yeah Evina does look fairly poor tbh, Marange it is then, unless of course Clichy has a change of heart.

Look forward to the update mate. icon14.gif

Can't get into it.. i was sure Lyon would be the game. Oh well.

Going to try a Championship team i think, fed up of all the big names/clubs icon_smile.gif

lfc25

Great transfers. Great selling of Boumsong tbh. icon14.gif

Good seasonstart.

Don't buy Berbatov you have enough strikers that are just as good or better.

Liam

Brilliant for Le Mans and the league in general tbh.

Frazza pee

Welcome and good luck.

Scott08

Again welcome and i wish you a lenghty stay. icon_wink.gif I see you quit already. Good luck with your other games though.

Liam

I agree i don't see it with that regen defender. icon_smile.gif

Good results with "Les Bleus".

I would play Bocaly there (i do) so buy him maybe? He became worldclass there on my game.

Jimbob

My save got corrupted mate (again). icon_frown.gif But offcourse i started over. I believe Tomtuck is about 10 seasons in.

Oh fgs Clerc has broken his leg. That's two starting defenders out for the season then. Mensah being the other, also with a broken leg.

On a different note, I played the Coupe de la League final against PSG. I won't say what the result was just yet, but I was missing loads of players for it. Most, if not all, my Africans were at the World Cup qualifying, And I also had some injuries. So my back line was, reading left to right:

Emanuelson - Sakho - Anderson - Reviellere

Thankfully, you could play anyone in it without registration so I brought some guys up from the reserves. (I recalled most players from Belenenses in January). Acapandie came on for Fred in the second half, and although he didn't score, he played very very well. He's convinced me to let Benni go in the summer with that one sub appearance.

I hav recently being neglecting my lyon game a little as Ive got a couple of other FM games on the go, but I have now started playing on it again and Im currently halfway through my 10th season (2016/17) and have just competed in my 4th World Club Championship competition, so time for an update!

---------------------------------------------------

At the semi final stage we faced MLS side New York Red Bulls, who we have met before ion this competition. I played a very strong side, yet we played very poorly and only won 1-0, Fred scoring in stoppage time to send us through to the final. In my aftermatch team talk I gave my players a bit of the "hair dryer" treament, which they throuoghly deserved after this poor performance!

World Club championship Semi Final

In the final we met Argentinian side Independiente. Again I fielded a strong line-up, but yet again we played dreadfully. We were lucky not be loosing at half time as they missed a penalty, which was saved by Jonas Mjos. But following the save, Independiente won another penalty, which they put over the bar this time. In the second half we were still poor, but secured victory when Karim Benzema headed hope after 74 minutes. That his 22nd goal in just 27 games this season.

World Club Championship Final

I have also sold a couple of players, one during the joker transfer window, the other at the start of the winter transfer window. The first sold was Serbian Marko Jezdimirovic, who had grown increasingly annoyed at his lack of first team football. He moved to Toulouse for £30million, which I will recieve after his next international appearance. The other player sold was Jean-Christophe Rousseau who has moved to Anderlecht for £1.5million, but we have a buy-back clause of £3million, just incase he developes.

We have also bought one player, 15 year old left back Yann Herve from Marseile. He was recommended to me by a scout who I have watching the under 18's French league. Hopefully he will improve in the coming years.

Just a couple of notes on players, and Fred who is now 33 is still performing well. This season he has 16 goals in 24 appearances, 6 of which havecom in the Champions League. And Karim Benzema is on course to have his best season in my time in charge of Lyon. So far this season he has 22 goals in 27 appearnces. His previous best is 25 goals in 48 appearances, so he is well oncourse to top that!!

Italy

Since my last update I have played 5 games in charge of the Azzuri, 3 of which were qualifiers, the other 2 friendlies. So far after 3 games of the World Cup qualifying campaign we sit top of our group on 9 points. Our performances haven't been great, but nevertheless we have been winning our games.

14.09.2016 - Bulgaria (A) 1-0 (Giusuppe Rossi)

15.10.2016 - Andorra (H) 3-1 (Davide Gabrielli 2; Giuseppe Rossi)

19.10.2016 - Wales (H) 2-1 (Marco Andreolli; Davide Gabrielli)

In the 2 friendlies we faced Austria and Scotland, and in those games i picked a squad mixed with senior internationals and uncapped/young players just so I could experiement a bit. We won one of the games and drew the other, witout playing brilliantly.

19.11.2016 - Austria (H) 3-1 (Giuseppe Rossi; Fabio Ventura)

23.11.2016 - Scotland (A) 1-1 (Fabio Ventura)

Next we have friendlies against Chile and Greece, before resuming our World Cup qualifying campaign away to Kazhakstan!

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading, and Im happy to upload any screenshots you want!)

Tomtuck

Nice update, only a couple of typos. icon_wink.gif

Anyway also had trouble playing those american teams tbh. Won in the end but still no good games.

That Herve will turn out great, i'm sure about that. Looks very good at 15 tbh.

Hi. This is my first post here, hoping someone can give me a pointer.

Im in Jan first season, I'm still challenging on all fronts after staggering pitifully through the first half of the season. I'm top of the league by 1 point, I won the Champions Trophy, I'm still in the champions league (won my group, Sevilla in first knock out round), and im in both domestic cups. Unfortunately I feel my poor form could be due to too many games and many injuries/suspensions to deal with these fixtures, so I am willing to sabatage 1 of my cup competitions.

So my question, which domestic cup is major, which is the minor, and will the board have any major problems with only getting to quarter finals/10th round?

Originally posted by Jhilly:

Hi. This is my first post here, hoping someone can give me a pointer.

Im in Jan first season, I'm still challenging on all fronts after staggering pitifully through the first half of the season. I'm top of the league by 1 point, I won the Champions Trophy, I'm still in the champions league (won my group, Sevilla in first knock out round), and im in both domestic cups. Unfortunately I feel my poor form could be due to too many games and many injuries/suspensions to deal with these fixtures, so I am willing to sabatage 1 of my cup competitions.

So my question, which domestic cup is major, which is the minor, and will the board have any major problems with only getting to quarter finals/10th round?

The french cup is considered the major one.

The league cup the minor one just play your reserves and -18. No worries the board won't mind.

Originally posted by purefun:

Liam

Brilliant for Le Mans and the league in general tbh.

Liam

I agree i don't see it with that regen defender. icon_smile.gif

Good results with "Les Bleus".

I would play Bocaly there (i do) so buy him maybe? He became worldclass there on my game.

purefun

What is briiliant for Le Mans and the league in general icon_confused.gif ??

And yeah I've signed that regen up, not much of a risk as is free and demanding next to nothing wages, se if my scouts see something we didn't.

I would of got Bocaly but OM are demanding atleast £17m and I can't stretch that far.

France is going well, we played Turkey in a Friendly since my update and we were 2-o down by half time, we did go on to win 4-2 though, tactic I've made for them obviously styill needs a few tweaks but is working well so far.

When I get to the 5th season I may allow myself to spend upto £20m on a player, or buy 1 player who isn't French.

Yeah I get it now, been up since 5 after limited sleep at the weekend so I'm tired and thenfore slow lol, also OM have been rejecting bids from all the big clubs n Europe for Saivet and he's happy enough, even had a news item saying he's happy to stay at OM so good that they can hold onto stars.

Hmm, Not foing well in the league and have lost away to Caen which has made me depressed. I was browsing the jobs and Milan is insecure with Portugal, England, France, Holland, Inter and Madrid at stable. In all my time playing FM I've never declared interest in a job before. So was on the Milan job and clicked it, expecting a confirmation. yes/no, message to pop up. It didn't. Hope the board don't mind. They still haven't given me a new contract!

Archived